Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


851 to 900 of 1,435 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

When Jory goes, he will step diagonally (up and left-keeping the same relative position he had last time) and ready his attack to go when Jake goes. That way they will both get flank.

Jory keeps pace with the skulk insuring he can't get away from the Jory and Jake tag team. The combatants do a delicate dance away from the door to the statue.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Round 2, HP: 13/13, AC: 17, Furious Focus, Power Attack, Bless, Flanking

Jake smiles at Jory's tactics and continues the dance.

Greatsword ATT: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 24
Greatsword DAM: 2d6 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 16


Tiann steps into the room, ready to attack if the skulk tries to escape.

Karzak is out; Jory, roll your attack with Jake's flank. Since it was readied it will resolve after Jake's step but before he strikes.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory trained heavily with the bow, but has learned being versatile is important too. Unarmed strike1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Sadly, Jory attacks much more slowly than most monks with his fists.

At least I don't use up arrows


Jory's attack does a little damage, distracting the skulk. Jake seizes the opportunity and gives it a grievous slash. The skulk is bloodied.

Round 3, Ice is up.


Init order:
21: Ice Glen Inlet
20: Fledzer
19: Talhaearn
13: Tiann
11: Karzak
9: Jory
8: Jake

Ice uses blinding ray again.

Blinding ray: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

The skulk steps away from Jake, and swings at Jory again, fighting defensively.
Attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15, damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Tal is still unconscious.

Tiann is up.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

The array of vibrant colors are still swirling around in Talhaearn's head, occassionally taking shape to form giant, purple caterpillars climbing even larger orange trees, and tiny blue and yellow horses; several of which can fit in the palm of your hand.

Jory would love it here. Tal thinks to himself...although he can't quite remember who Jory is.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

AoO if triggered by step:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4if crit 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Jory ministats
Jory
Magic Resistance = DC6
AC: 15; ff 14; Touch: 15
HP=8/11
CMD=17 (+4 bull rush and trip when on solid ground)
Fort Save: +4
Ref Save: +3
Will Save: +6

Jory continues to match the Skulk's step to keep the same relative position and waits for Jake's flank to attack again.
attack when relevant:

1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 251d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 if crit 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Let's do it again Jake. Tian, hit him too."

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Round 3, HP: 13/13, AC: 17, Furious Focus, Power Attack, Bless, Flanking

Jake again steps with the retreating Skulk and Jory to a flanking position before again attacking.

Atta way Jory! Stay with him!

Greatsword ATT: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 25
Greatsword DAM: 2d6 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 15


Guys, you need to look at the map. Once Tiann goes, you can't keep the current pattern, there's a wall in the way. If Tiann ends up not posting sometime today due to travel I'll post sometime this evening.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Sorry, Jory steps west on map to allow a different flanking move by Jake (down and diagonally down to the left) that may allow the Skulk an opening to the top right.
"Tiann, cover the gap to my left and keep the Skulk from disengaging and casting."

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

@DM Fnord: Sorry - Jory will just stay put and I will move 10 feet on the diagonal to end up against the wall and in a flanking position with Jory. I know that this will incur an AoO, but I will eat that, then resolve the attack above.

Jory, stay put! I'll get him!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory stays put as he realizes he can't flank around a corner.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)
Jory Redcap wrote:
Jory stays put as he realizes he can't flank around a corner.

But if anyone could do it..it would be Jory!


Tiann moves closer, ready to attack the skulk if it makes a break for it.

Move, then ready an attack if the skulk moves into range

Jory stays where he is, and readies to attack when Jake is starting his own attack.

Jake moves diagonally, and the skulk capitalizes with an AoO, but the skulk is focusing on defense more than offense, leaving him unlikely to hit.
Att: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9 miss

As Jake steps into position, Jory surprises the skulk with a swift kick to the head that he never sees coming. The skulk lies bleeding on the floor.

Combat over.

Stabilize: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 stable.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Woohoo, we got him. Wake that slugabed Karzak up." Jory retrieves and hands the quest item to Tiann.

"Well, do we end this skulk once and for all? He definitely is a bad sort."

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Well done Jory! i will be sure to tell Karzak of your exploits! Ice, explain to these Kobolds that we are taking the Katana.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Maybe we tell Karzak we all fell asleep and Tiann got him. I am sure that will make him feel better." Jory winks.


Tarka casually walks over to the fallen skulk, and drives her spear through his chest into the floor.

Coup de grace: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5, 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0, 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Coup de grace does provoke AoO if anyone next to Tarka decides to start another fight.

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 DC18, failed
Fledzer dies.

In broken common, she says, "Take what you came for and leave our domain. You have done me a service but I cannot guarantee your safety if you stay."

The other kobolds hold their lances ready.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

First Jory takes of his cap and bows to Tarka. "We will leave as soon as this magic wears off. I am glad we were able to help each other as allies of convenience."

Jory boldly asks, "Can I have the pictures back of these two?" He points to Tiann and the still stunned Tal. While his friends are recovering Jory draws a picture of Tarka with other of his kind bowing to him to exchange for the pictures of Tiann and Tal.

"I made this picture you will probably like better."


Tarka looks at the picture. "Uh...yes...take picture, just go."

Jory perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Jory collects the katana. The skulk was also carrying a couple of potions, a dagger, a spell component pouch, and a spellbook.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Am I conscious & sighted yet?


Sure...within 30 seconds or so, everybody is awake and feeling normal again.


1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Examining the potions, Ice determines that they are potions of blur and cure light wounds.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Well I apologize for my sudden nap...it appears as though this skulk took a page from Ice's spell book...so to speak.

Tal looks at the katana firmly in Tiann's grip.

Mission accomplished then. These kobolds have honored their part of the bargain...let us be on our way. I would like to get at least one night's sleep in my own bed before The Society sends us out again.

Tal turns to Jory. Looks like someone might be able to go bow shopping when we get back to town!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak rolls over, the movement interrupting his contented snorting. A bass-drum fart rolls out of his backside, then seconds later its odor seems to wake the dwarf up. He sits, wrinkling his nose, then thunks the side of his thick head with his hammer.

What in tha' 'ells happened? Got meself a fine nap an' all, but... He casts his eyes around, and sees the group once again sharing cozy confines with kobolds. Damnit...thought tha' was a dream.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Guess it is back to the Society for us. Do we explore the last room?"


Tarka frowns. "That my clan's store room. Not for you. Your friends awake now, you leave."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak's grip tightens on his hammer as he glares at the kobold. He appears ready to attone for his slumber by sending some kobolds to their gods. Still, he waits for someone else to say the word before he begins squishing. Knew thissun'd be trouble.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

We somewhat gave our word when we allied, as much as I would love to loot the store room.

"Tiann, can you heal me again."

Jory shows Tarka he is packed with gold. With Ice interpreting.

"Can we buy something from your store room?"

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

I suggest we leave now before I do something that I have wanted to dosince we met these ones.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Yes...lets go. We have what we came for. We were sent here to retrieve the katana...not slaughter kobolds for a pittance of treasure.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"OK, we are out of here."

Jory would feel bad overstaying his welcome. It has happened many times before at dwarven parties. When Jory was invited to a party, as it happened so infrequently, he was that last guest you had to almost force out the door.


Your party heads out, and the trip back to Absalom is relatively uneventful. Jory shoots a wonderful dinner.

Please decide which faction leader you will visit first when you return to Absalom.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal pats Jory on the back. Good hunting my friend. A freshly roasted boar will cure the hunger better than trail rations any day.

Upon our return I feel as though Amara should be our first stop; as retrieval of the katana was our primary objective. From there we can give the Prince those trade agreements he asked for...I'm sure he can make better sense of them than I could at any rate.

I suppose at any point Jake can let the Major know of Maurit's fate; and I would like to accompany him when he does. He was the only one of our patrons who didn't profit personally by what was asked of us; and I guess I want to learn a bit more about what motivates the man.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Yes, Amara first, prince second, and Major last."

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Yes, I agree, and I would be glad to speak to the Major with you and anyone else interested in potentially becoming a member of the Andoran Faction.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak nods at the proposed sequence, but grunts at Jake's offer. Dunno if e's quite my type, big fella'. I'm along for the ride though...just hopin' that there's more action ta' be had...an' soon.


Sorry for the delay guys. I'll start with Amara sometime today.


You make your return to Absalom, and to the Lantern Lodge, to present your prize to Amara Li.

When Jory shows Li the jade katana, she is ecstatic. "Oh, wonderful! Please, I must examine it."

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Giving a bit of a grin, Tiann gently nudges Jory forward. Go on, silly. Li is just as interested in appreciating its beauty as you are.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory bows and presents it to Li.
"Hope you like it."


Amara takes the sword, wiping it with a silk cloth. She carefully examines the hilt, and after a few seconds, smiles as she finds a hidden catch, which opens with a click. She removes a piece of paper from the hilt of the sword, closing the secret compartment again afterwards.

"Oh, how wonderful, it's still here! Your team has performed a great favor for me and for the lodge. I am forever in your debt! You are always welcome within my Lantern Lodge."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn stares in puzzlement at the false bottom on the katana; wondering about its contents. He thinks to ask about them but then decides not to...best not to appear too incompetent in front of the higher-ups.

'twas our pleasure to serve Ms. Li. Tal offers Amara a bow...unsure whether or not this is the right thing to do. On his way back up he glances over to Jory...hoping not to see him making a hasty sketch of the scene.


With her instinct for etiquette, Li returns the bow, inclined less due to her higher station.

"You must be hungry after your journey, please feel free to stop in the kitchens before you leave, our chefs always have wonderful snacks being prepared."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Gratitude. Do I bow again? Is anyone else bowing? Tal notices Amara walking away in the midst of his internal dialogue. Ahh...the heck with it.

Perhaps we should finish our tasks before eating. Let us seek out the Trade Prince and give him those agreements.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake gives a head and shoulder bow when he sees Tal's reaction.

Always a pleasure to serve, mi'lady. Thank you for the offer. Your hospitality shows no bounds. However, I agree with Tal, let us proceed to the Trade Prince, shall we?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Sure, after a big dinner of course, we go to the trade prince."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak nods his agreement with Jory, and sets his stance before Jake and Tal, his massive arms crossed over his chest. Gonna be a tough time of it if yer thinkin' ta' keep a dwarf from a meal. The Prince can wait...he wouldn't want us fallin' over dead from hunger before we could give 'im his precious papers, right?

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake rolls his eyes and looks at Tal.

Unbelievable...fine, let's feed the bellies of the ever-hungry, then we can go, but let's not make a day of it, ok?

Jake shoulders his way between the two dwarves and towards the stairs.

851 to 900 of 1,435 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.