Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


751 to 800 of 1,435 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Seeing that the spider is aware of their presence...Tal looses a bolt from his crossbow.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1

Apparently startled by the creature he rushes his shot and fails miserably.

If spiders can laugh this one just got a hearty chuckle...


The giant spider (it's about...say...Jake sized) hisses as the projectiles hit the wall behind it.

Initiative:

Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Karzak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Spider: 1d29 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Init order:
23: Ice Glen Inlet
15: Jake
14.5: Talhaearn
14: Spider
8: Karzak
7: Jory
2: Tiann

Ice draws and loads his shortbow.

Jake is up.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

I take it Jory's perfect shot wasn't so perfect.

Tal definitely has the rapier in his picture, that crossbow shot was not the best I have seen.

"Jake, Karzak, get him. Maybe you can move in front of us and prepare to whack the spider when it closes."


A 13 missed.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Round 1

Jake moves down the narrow hall with his Greatsword pointed in front of him, eyeing the spider warily.


Tal is up.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

No Ice this round?

Tal loads his crossbow and fires again.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6


Ice readied his bow while all the meaty folks were in front of him.

Tal's bolt strikes home, wounding the spider.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
The spider scurries over to Jake and tries to bite him, but hits his armor.

Karzak is up.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

I think Tal caught him flatfooted for sneak attack dam Edit:my bad on that one - sneaky spider

Jory Round 1 Init 7
Magic Resistance = DC6
AC: 15; ff 14; Touch: 15
HP=11/11
CMD=17 (+4 bull rush and trip when on solid ground)
Fort Save: +4
Ref Save: +3
Will Save: +6

When Jory goes:
Stand ground and fire w/ flurry of bows
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 201d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Tian to go

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Hmm. For some reason I thought the spider had already taken an action...

1d6 ⇒ 4


The spider was not flat footed. It was aware of both of your presence from the very beginning, already fully capable of defending itself, but its habit is to hold off on attacking until its prey is closer. :)

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann moves upwards to get into range, passing her allies to get an idea of what she's facing first of all.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

I think that being aware of both of them and acting are two different things. I believe, and please correct me if I am wrong, that if the spider did not yet take an action, then it is flat-footed?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Delaying is taking an action, the spider was playing possum :-) In the future you can take a single move action and ready an attack when someone engages you--that should put your initiative to just before the mover that triggers the attack if your readied attack is triggered.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Ahhhhh...I see.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak roars in anger, more at the fact that Jake might take his kill than actual concern for the capable fighter. He rushes into the room and begins to tear at the webbing with hammer and hands, desperately trying to make his way to the arachnid.

Moving in as far as I can; strength checks
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Karzak moves to the spot just southwest of Jory.

Jory bloodies the spider.

Ice moves to the middle of the group, sees that the spider is already wounded, and decides to simply shoot at the spider engaged in melee.

Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Crit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13 fail

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The spider isn't looking so hot. Jake and then Tal.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Round 2, AC: 17, HP: 13/13, Furious Focus, Power Att

Jake swings violently at the injured arachnid.

Greatsword ATT: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Greatsword DAM: 2d6 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 19

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

If the spider survived Jake's hit I'm running for the hills!

As Jake cleans spider innards off of his greatsword Tal will search the room.

Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


The spider is bisected. Each half twitches but is clearly dead.

Busy with work, I will summarize the room within a few hours.


Upon thorough searching, next to the remains of one of the two dead kobolds wrapped in the webbing is a small purse containing 30gp and a pearl of power 1. Near the spider's corner is a short stairway up to another door.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

I guess that evens us up, eh Karzak? lead the way Jory and Tal.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory stands with mouth agape at Jake's prowess.

I think we make him an honorary dwarf.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal will head up the stairs and check to see if the door is locked.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory shortly behind.

"Ice or Tiann, who gets the pearl for now?"

I guess we can give it to Ice for offensive power, he can always move it to Tiann to get more healing if healing is needed.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Shaking her head, Tiann points at Ice. He'll be better capable of using it than I am: I cannot use it to fuel my healing powers, I'm afraid. I am sure Ice will make great use of it.

The description says "enables the possessor to recall any one spell that she had prepared and then cast". As I'm casting my healing spells spontaneously, and not preparing them, the pearl won't work for them. Further, having another color spray is always a good thing.


Talhaearn:
As you approach the door, you hear a strange howling from the other side.

1d6 ⇒ 5

The door is intact and fully functional, and doesn't seem to be locked.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory whispers, "Tal, don't make Tiann have to come up and open this door for us. It will make us look bad."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

[b]This is the second door in a row that has been unlocked & unstuck. Last time there was a giant spider...what are the chances that the howling sound I'm hearing is coming from a box of puppies?[\b]

Tal signals for the others to follow closely and urges Jory along with him as he quietly opens the door and sneaks in.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


A mournful howl comes from a stone well in the room's center. This large chamber's walls, once painted with vermilion and gilded with gold leaf, are now splotched and crumbling. Unlike the walls, however, the tiles that decorate the well are untouched by the ages and gleam as if recently polished.

Talhaearn:
You notice the distinct sound of a person screaming horribly, mixed in with the howl that is coming from the well.

Knowledge(religion) would be helpful here if someone is trained.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal draws his shortsword, trying to sort out the two noises in his head.

Jory...do you hear someone screaming? Where is it coming from?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Tal and I make a good sneaky team when his rapier is unlit. Can't let him run around without archer support.

Per/Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Jory returns to the doorway and waves everyone in.


The noise as a whole seems to be coming from the well. There's nothing much else in the room.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

This must be the haunted well our old friend Maurit warned us about. There might be someone trapped down there...or it could be a trap for us.

Tal sheathes his sword and takes out his rope; tying one end around his waist. He hands the slack to Jory and motions Jake and Karzak over.

You three hold onto that rope as if my life depends on it. Should some demon try to drag me down I want as much muscle as possible to pull me back up!

Once safely secured Tal moves toward the well.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Her curiosity getting the best of her, Tiann moves forward and tries to make sense of what she sees and hears. The well, in particular, draws her attention and curiosity.

This seems so familiar... where have I seen this before? A frown comes over her face as she struggles to recall.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10... and likely fails.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Whoa, you sure you want to that? It could be that imp followed us from that Chelaxian's house waiting to scratch you up and sting you with his tail down there. Let some dwarf vision look down there first."

Jory peers down into the well.


Tiann:
You don't like the situation here, but you can't identify in particular what you think is going on.

Nothing happens as Talhaearn approaches the side of the well.

Talhaearn:
The sounds are definitely coming from inside the well.


Jory, make a will save.

BTW I see nothing to indicate that Jory is tied off, only Tal - is that the case?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak shoulder past Jake, still miffed about the stolen spider kill. Still, he hands an end of then rope to Jake and holds steady as Jory and Tal figure out what to do.

He'll brace his body and hold Tal to the best of his ability, even going so far as setting down his hammer

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Will Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Jory curiously looks down before Tal puts his body in there.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Furrowing her brow, Tiann shakes her head and sighs. Seems I need to hit the books when we're done here...

Afraid I can't give any details on what this is... but do be careful. I have a bad feeling about it. Call it intuition if you like.

To Jory and Tal, Be careful around it. There's something about it but I'm not sure what it is. It may be better to just leave this room alone.


Jory:
You feel a thought tugging at your mind, trying to make you want to leap into the well. You identify it as some kind of evil influence and not your true thoughts, and disregard it.

The bottom of the well is 20 feet down, and the long-dead remains of a humanoid man lie at the bottom, several bones broken.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory backs away quickly and says, "Something force got in my head and tried to make me jump down there; there are remains of someone down there."

To Tiann, "If we bury those remains at the bottowm will the bad spirit go away?"

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Trying to hide the uncertainty in her eyes, Tiann searches her mind again for an answer for the dwarf who's come to have far more respect for her than she deserves.

I... can't recall at the moment. I'm sorry, Jory. I think, for now, until I can remember more, it's best to leave it alone and continue onwards.

If I could be allowed another Knowledge check with the info Jory just provided me, that'd be really cool. Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Sorry, no retry on knowledge except under special circumstances.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory leads Tal to the next door.
"Hopefully more things for Jake and Karzak to smash."


How does everybody else proceed as Jory and Tal head for the other door?

Once you're at the other door, what would you like to do?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Check the door carefully than open it when the rest are ready.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak offers a shrug to Jake as the others move on. Though the dwarf had thought it may have been entertaining for Tal to climb down the well, he also feels oddly glad that he didn't do it. An odd feeling of...concern for the man had a hold on the dwarf, as if he was nervous for the danger to Tal. Stupid too-talls are startin' ta' grow on me...wake up ya' poor excuse for a dwarf!. He smacks his face with an open palm and recoils the rope before turning to follow after Jory.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake shrugs back to Karzak. He then heads to the door behind Jory and Tal.

751 to 800 of 1,435 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.