Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


701 to 750 of 1,435 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

"Okay, lets shoot it on the count of three. Then the big hitters can rush in a and pound it. 1,2,3"

Jory looks to make sure everyone is in agreement.

Don't want a repeat of the 'infamous imp incident' or the 'triple i'.


Where will everybody position before the shots are fired?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

Jory will be 20' away from the slime in the upper right of the room leaving the bashers clear charging lanes.


When everyone is positioned, Jory and Tal can have a surprise round where they both get a single shot, and then we'll roll initiative.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Someone please place Jake one square SE of Jory on the diagonal - cannot move tile at work...thanks.

Jake steps into the room next to Jory, a little closer to the slime and readies his Greatsword. He whispers to Jory.

What in hell's name IS that? Is it truly alive?

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)
Jake Hargrove wrote:

Someone please place Jake one square SE of Jory on the diagonal - cannot move tile at work...thanks.

Jake steps into the room next to Jory, a little closer to the slime and readies his Greatsword. He whispers to Jory.

What in hell's name IS that? Is it truly alive?

Tal moves to the far end of the room to get a clear shot at the slime without impeding others from doing the same.

Jake:
Check your placement and let me know if that's where you want to be.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Perfect...thanks Tal!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

one shot in surprise:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Jory prepares his shot.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Surprise Shot:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d8 ⇒ 7
1d6 ⇒ 6(Sneak Attack)


You can't sneak attack an ooze. :)

The amoeba takes 13 damage between the two shots. It doesn't look so good.

Initiative:
Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Karzak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Giant Amoeba: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (6) - 5 = 1

20: Tal
17: Ice
16: Jory
10: Karzak
5: Jake
4: Tiann
1: Amoeba

Round 1 Tal is up.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)
GM Fnord wrote:
You can't sneak attack an ooze. :)

I thought not...but when it doubt roll it anyway!

Tal will load his crossbow and fire again.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d8 ⇒ 4

Ice is up.


The amoeba is down. The room is otherwise empty.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

No need to dirty your weapons. This....thing is down.

Tal will explore the room as he wanders toward the door in the NW corner.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

Jory scavenges his three arrows (including the bright creature)
1d2 ⇒ 22d2 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

He helps with scouting 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak grunts in frustration at not having been able to smash goo into...well, more goo. He looks at the door with Tal and Jory, not wanting to miss out and have the woman bust through yet another one.

Perception at the door1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


1d6 ⇒ 3

The door doesn't seem to be stuck this time.

You get a strong moldy smell coming through, even on this side of the door.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal will open the door and attempt to hold his breath while searching the room.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Either the mold is particularly strong here or last night's rations didn't agree with one of us!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak wrinkles his nose at the smell, then turns to Tal and Jory. Well, ya' wanna look for some foolery, or should I push on in an' look for somethin' ta' kill?. His grin shows which option he'd prefer.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Man, can never be quick enough in this game

Karzak shrugs as Tal opens the door, then follows him in.


Tal opens the door, which breaks as he does so.

Area 4
This cramped chamber stinks of something worse than rotten eggs. A black mildew covers the walls and the three doors that lie beyond the entrance. Each has a small metal slot at its bottom, but the latched covers long ago rusted away.

You can hold your breath for (12 x your con score) seconds. Breathing in area 4 immediately sickens anyone who does so, but you recover immediately when you leave.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Holding his breath for 144 seconds Tal will search the room. Should it take longer Tal will keep searching despite the gastro-intestinal consequences.

Perception...unless the roll above will suffice 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

This smell is unreal. If I sick up I just know Jory will draw a picture...


The mold seems to have weakened the prison doors, you think they could be smashed open relatively easily. Through the slots you can see the remains of the unlucky prisoners who were here when the keep came down.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Do we need the doors in there smashed open Tal?

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Yep...we need some muscle in here. Don't worry the smell won't kill you; it only makes you wish you were dead!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak nods at Jake and stands aside. Ya' got this one, big fella'; c'mon an' do us proud.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake rushes into the room and attempts to hold his breath and busting open the 3 doors. If he runs out of breath, he will exit the room, catch his breath and return to finish the job.

I am on it!

STR CHECK: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
STR CHECK: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
STR CHECK: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Jake's third attempt opens the first door.

Needs a 15+ str check

After a few more tries, he manages to get all 3 doors popped open.

Nothing but bones and tattered possessions remain of the prisoners.

The first prisoner has a letter of some kind, written in Tian. The letter's paper is brittle and browned with age. Its broken seal features a kirin flying amid three clouds.

There are no other possessions of note in the cells.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Shall we? Tal leads the group to the door in the southeast corner of the room.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

"This smells like a dwarven changing room."
Jory wrinkles his nose and follows too.


There is no door between area 3 and the hallway at area 2.

The hallway extends to the east, where it seems to open up into another room. There is a door in the north wall, and a short corridor extending to another door to the south.

Attached to the north wall at the corridor junction is the relief carving of a giant face. The relief is that of a Qadiran man with a billowing beard. His eyes are closed, and his lips are parted, as if he was blowing out a flame. His lips frame a deep hole in the wall. The paint once adorning the relief is chipped and faded, but traces of its brilliant blues and pristine whites are still visible here and there. On the man's forehead is a single Kelish word, carved in a flowing script.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal moves cautiously down (up?) the corridor to the door on the north wall, giving the carved face a curious glance as he walks by.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Once at the door he will check to see if it is locked but will wait for his companions before opening it.


You find nothing else in the hall, and you hear nothing through the door.

1d6 ⇒ 5

The door seems intact, and the latch still operates normally.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)
GM Fnord wrote:

You find nothing else in the hall, and you hear nothing through the door.

1d6

The door seems intact, and the latch still operates normally.

So not locked...correct?

Jory...grab the others and head on up. There's an unlocked door up here...it will be a refreshing change not to have to force our way through!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

Jory will move with caution through the door keeping alert for danger.

Perception/stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake moves to a position at the door right behind Jory and Tal.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

With the arrival of Jake & Jory the others can't be far behind. Tal follows Jory through the door.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann follows Jory, Jake, and Tal. She keeps her lantern at the ready, trying to stay as alert as possible.

What have we found so far, gentlemen? I presume nothing of note, else you'd've told the rest of us?


You open the door to find area 10.

Three round alcoves in this chamber contain the rotting remains of scroll shelves, honeycombing from floor to ceiling. Scattered amid the compromised shelving are damaged scrolls, and a number of still-sealed scroll tubes. A glimmering trickle of water seeps down from the ceiling in the northwest corner of the room.

Sitting on the rotting shelves in the room are a number of documents written in Kelish. Nothing else of interest is here.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal checks out the scroll shelves.

Ice...Tiann...do any of these scrolls look useful?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak follows behind the more stealthy...by far...of the group, keeping his hammer at the ready. As the others search the room to the north, he takes up position facing the open corridor to the east to guard against any potential attacks from that direction. He keeps away from the off face and hole in the wall, but can't help but cast glances at it every now and again to make sure nothing came out of it.

Sorry, on my iPad, so can't move me. Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

"Let's add these to our loot."


Nothing else to find here but the documents.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

Jory and Tal will lead the way up the easternmost hallway (right of the main entrance)
Per/Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Jory:
There seems to be a giant spider hiding in the southeast corner of the room.

This long, narrow room is choked with webbing. Within the webs are a number of what appear to be small, dead humanoids with dark, scaled skin, each wrapped in a cocoon of sticky webbing.

To move through web filled spaces you can either destroy the webbing (by attacking it) or power through it (strength check, allows movement at half speed).

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake will again follow closely behind.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

Jory will alert Tal with a look directly at the giant spider as he raises his bow. With Jake in here the suprise won't last for long, so he will open up with his bow. He makes a quick calculation as he wants Tal to get a surprise shot in too, but he doesn't want to lose surprise on the spider. He has seen Tal has quick reflexes, so he won't be waiting long. Jory doesn't want to mess up, so he is extra careful with this shot.

Perfect shot (two rolls) - Longbow shot1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 If Jory can't reasonably get to 30' subtract one from hit and damage roll.

Take that eight-legs.


You can move to within 30 feet without taking the -5 penalty for moving more than half speed while stealthing. That will put you in the spot just west of where I put the 'web' text. You will have to roll your stealth again now to move before the surprise round.

Tal will have to roll stealth to get to where you're standing without being seen.

If you guys don't want to count on 2 stealth rolls, you can take the shot you just described, from where you are now, and use the 12 accuracy. Up to you.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19; ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 11/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 6/6

The point is to get Tal his surprise shots, and Jory can take a better hit, so I think we'll try the two stealth rolls. Stealth for Jory 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 INIT 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Loading his crossbow, Talhaearn follows Jory's lead...getting a jump on the spider would be a good idea.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Spider perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

The spider does seem to notice Jory, but does not move to attack until after you both loose your attacks on it.

Tal, roll your attack, then I will resolve the surprise round and roll init for round 1.

701 to 750 of 1,435 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.