Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


551 to 600 of 1,435 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

Startled by the sudden illumination of his rapier, Tal turns and sees Ice putting the finishing touches on his spell. Tal gives him a nod and a smile before proceeding into the keep.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=18/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Jory is impressed with the glowing rapier. He takes out his drawing of Tal and realizes he would be much more impressive with a glowing rapier in his hand. He also thinks Tals look of astonishment is much more expressive than the any of his expressions at the ball. He makes the necesssary adjustments to Tal's face too. Jory labels the drawing 'I didn't even realize I had a glowing rapier'. He quickly put the finishes touches on the drawing, packs it away, and gets ready for action.

"Let's go."

Sorry, just had to do it.


As Karzak searches the pile of bones, he finds a golden crown, a masterwork short sword, and a wax-sealed tin scroll tube. He also finds...a skeleton, which jumps up and attacks.

Initiative:

Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Karzak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Surprise round init order:
Skeleton: 21
Karzak: 9

Everybody else will join in round 1.

The skeleton attacks Karzak, who is flat footed.

Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15, MISS

Init tiebreaker:
Tiann: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Karzak: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Karzak gets a standard or move action for the surprise round, then we will start round 1, with this init order:

Skeleton: 21
Jake: 19
Ice: 18
Jory: 17
Tal: 11
Karzak: 9.5
Tiann: 9

MAP

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak roars in surprise at the attack, but shows a wide grin as he brings his massive spiked hammer to bear, obviously quite happy at having a target.

Attack and damage - earthbreaker
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

Tal nudges Jory. I think Karzak could have vanquished that skeleton with nothing more than a hearty sneeze. I'm glad he's on our side.


The skeleton is smashed into smaller pieces than the bones that have already been gnawed. Karzak finds nothing more in the bone pile other than what he found above.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak watches in wide-eyed glee as the skeleton explodes. He tosses the scroll case to Ice. This is more yer speed than mine.. Then, he motions to the short sword.. Anybody want that?.

The crown, however, he picks up reverently, spinning it about to gauge the skill of it's creator.

appraise
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Karzak:
The crown does appear to be real gold, and is probably worth a lot, but you can't get a great deal more specific than that.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

I could make use of the sword if no one else wants it...although Jory might have to make a few changes to his artwork.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=18/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Jory quickly adjusts the artwork to include the finely crafted shortsword glowing instead of a rapier.
"I think you have to take it, I already updated the drawing."

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Well done Karzak!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak grins as he slams Jake on the shoulder with a mailed fist. Ha! Didn' want yer sword at 'im first, else e'd been less than dust. If we're keepin' score, that's one fer me, human.. He winks then snorts out a laugh.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

OK...where to now? Looks like we have a few options. Tal peers around the room. There's a narrow passage to the east and a good sized room to the south.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake smiles broadly at Karzak...

Indeed, the tally begins friend. I am sure the will be plenty of chances to catch up. I suggest we just follow that map and move on.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Eager to move on from the remains of the skeleton, Tiann indicates the open passages with her sword arm.

Well, folks, it looks like we've got some choices of where to go. Have we got any suggestions on where to go from here? Tal, maybe you'd be willing to do some scouting for us?

Another look around the cavern. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak looks each way and offers a shrug. Either way, I'll take the lead, 'cept I ain't quiet...not my bag o' bones, sneakin' about. Maybe Tal can find the bad guys, and I can make a lot of noise 'afore I squish 'em.


To the east, you see a crumbled statue in the corner of the next area.

The area to the south is dank, and a strange draft flows from it, carrying with it a foul odor. Rubble is strewn here and there.


You also reveal a corridor at the southeast corner of this room (area 8). There is a sinister-looking fountain in a rounded alcove at the end of the corridor.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=18/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Jory will take point and take off down the open passage. He always wanted to impress Tiann, and obviously his tuxedo came up short. Jory pads off with amazing speed for a dwarf.

"I'll scout for a bit."

Perception/Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

While contemplating the best route to take, Tal feels a rush of wind blow by as Jory scrambles away; managing to be both speedy and stealthy. For a Dwarf.

He turns to the others. I guess we're going this way?


Area 8
At the end of this corridor sits a sinister-looking fountain in a rounded alcove. A four-headed hydra, displayed in cross formation, protrudes from the middle of the rounded wall. The hydra's heads all face directly down the hallway. Its top head's mouth is firmly shut, its socketed eyes staring darkly down the corridor, and its head fin is flared and up. On that head fin, a single Kelish word is carved into the stone. The other three heads have toothy mouths open wide and reclined head fins; these obviously served as spouts for the fountain. Just below the mouths is a ceramic basin. The basin has been dry for many long centuries now.

Jory:
You silently approach the fountain. You spot a hidden switch halfway down the mouth of the top hydra head.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=18/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Jory motions to Tal and points to the fountain. He uses his hands to mimic flipping a switch and points to the mouth of the top hydra head.

Jory readies an arrow and looks to be taking a covering role now.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

Tal inspects the fountain and realizes that Jory was pointing out the switch in the mouth of one of the Hyrda's heads. He glances back at Jory who seems ready to for the statue to come to life. Tal hopes it doesn't come to that.

He flicks the switch and takes a step back...


You flip the switch. You hear a couple of clicks, and nothing happens.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

No news is good news, eh Jory? What say we wait for the others and open one of these doors?

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake will follow Karzak into the room.

Not planning to get the jump on me for the next kill, are you, Karzak!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak snorts as he follows after Jory and Tal, keeping a fair distance back to allow their stealthy companions to do their stealthy stuff. Ha! Got to; that sword o' yers might take two at a time!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=18/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Jory opens the left door.


1d6 ⇒ 1

The door is stuck, you will need to make a DC15 strength check to bash it.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Comfortable now that everyone has made up their minds on where to go, Tiann walks up, shrugs, casts Guidance on herself, and tosses herself shoulder-first at the door.

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

She looks at Jory and cannot hide the huge grin spreading across her face.

What's the matter, Jory? You've gotta put your weight into it! She claps him on the back enough for a dwarf to notice (which is a somewhat hard).


The door crashes open. Area 7

Rubbish and black mold choke the far end of the chamber. The slightest movement kicks up dust and spoors, not helping the stagnant and already foul-smelling air.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

Talhaearn extends his sword into the room...Ice's light spell illuminating the way for the others. He scans the room wondering if anything can live in such a stench.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Tal:
There are indeed things that can live in such a stench. Hidden in the rubbish pile is a trio of some kind of beetles. They have not yet been disturbed, and seem to be sleeping.

There are also some papers hidden in the mess, and a small sack.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

Looks like have some company in here...three beetles hiding over there in the rubbish. If only we had someone with us with impeccable artistic ability who could also fire several arrows in rapid succession.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak's eyes widen as he watches Tiann's display of strength, then he lets out a low whistle, impressed. He steps up next to Jory at the mention of arrows, his hammer unhooked and ready to make cakes out of the insects, should they come near.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

I could attempt to color spray the beetles, give us a jump on them and let us focus fire? Or I could create an illusory target?


Please roll knowledge(nature), anyone/everyone who is paying attention :)

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 ⇒ 11

If no one does anything exciting in the next few hours I will...lol


Tal:
You can't identify the beetles, but you do know that they are vermin which are generally immune to mind-effecting spells.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

I don't think that spell will work on these vermin; but they don't look that all that tough to me. I'll put a crossbow bolt through one of them...get ready for the other two!

Crossbow shot at a bettle 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1
Sneak Attack 1d6 ⇒ 1


Tal, position yourself somewhere where you can target one of them.

Then I'll roll for initiative and process that attack as a surprise round.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

Hmm...that's going to be tricky in this hallway unless I can stand on Jory's shoulders....you want me to roll a stealth check to see if I can make it into the room unnoticed first?


Talhaearn wrote:
Hmm...that's going to be tricky in this hallway unless I can stand on Jory's shoulders....you want me to roll a stealth check to see if I can make it into the room unnoticed first?

You'll either need to sneak into the room or rearrange your group to get you access to the door.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake cranes his neck, as he looks to see what is the holdup.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=18/35 F +6/R+5/W+10 CMD 23 Ki 0/8 Monk (Zen Archer)/4 Perc +13/stone +15 Darkvision 60' per strike 0/4

Moving through others is fine, by the way.
Jory will shift into the room coordinating with Tal of course(bottom right corner) and shoot one in the surprise round.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


OK, I have your attacks, each of you needs to roll a stealth and place yourselves in your firing locations.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf/Rogue - HP: 57/57, - AC: 22/T: 16/FF: 17 - Perception: +15 (Low-Light Vision) - F: +5 / R: +11/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 - Init: +11

Assuming Jory meant he was moving to the bottom right corner of the room I took the liberty of moving him there.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Edit: Apparently I stepped on a candy wrapper...


Jory stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Perception:
Beetle 1: 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (5) - 10 = -5
Beetle 2: 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (11) - 10 = 1
Beetle 3: 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (6) - 10 = -4

None of the beetles wake up. You each target your closest beetle.

Tal hits B1, and it is not looking very good.

Jory hits B3, and it is an ex-beetle.

B1 and B2 wake up and begin to emit a faint light, dimmed by the dust and mold covering their bodies.

Initiative:
Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Karzak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Beetles: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Roll-off:
Tiann: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Karzak: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Init order:
28: Ice
21.2: Jake
21.1: Karzak
21.0: Tiann
20: Beetles
12: Talhaearn
5: Jory

Round 1, init 28, Ice Glen Inlet is up first.


This fight is really too easy to worry about...skipping Ice, Jake is up.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake moves to the square just inside the door next to Jory and brandishes his Greatsword.

Big bugs, huh? Well, let's get busy!

551 to 600 of 1,435 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.