Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Fez's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Nathan Hartshorn

Map

The Harrowing

Harrow point uses:
  • Dexterity Rerolls: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to reroll an initiative check, Reflex save, attack roll modified by Dexterity, or Dexterity-based check. The PC must abide by the new result (although if he has additional Harrow Points, he can use them for additional rerolls).
  • Dodge Bonus: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to gain a +1 dodge bonus to his Armor Class for one encounter. He can spend up to 3 Harrow Points per encounter to increase his Armor Class in this manner.
  • Speed Increase: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to increase his base speed by 10 feet for one encounter.

  • 601 to 650 of 671 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

    Aloysia's dagger sails past the imp's small frame, and Gamon's opponent narrowly dodges his axe. The imps begin to glower and hiss, ready to fight at a moment's notice.

    Order 1st Round
    Imps (0, 0, 0, 0)
    Aloysia , Gamon, Cecil, Jolon


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon growls at the imps.

    "Where's a house drake when you need one?"


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    Cecil glares at the one who tried to get him grappled and sneers.
    "Embrace this!" he calls out, flicking a finger at it.
    Spending a point to cast Magic Missile at +2 caster level, meaning 2 missiles.
    Maaaaagic: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6


    Don't you only need to boost it by one level to get two missiles?

    The bolts of magic circle one another while honing in on their target. The imp tries to dive away but still ends up getting hit by them.

    The imps all jeer and prepare to fight, one dropping to become a boar green, one taking the fight to Ganon red, one harassing Aloysia purple, and the final one disappearing entirely blue.

    Sting Ganon!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
    Sting Aloysia!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Fort save vs Poison please, DC 13

    Order 1st Round
    Imps (r: 0, b: 0, g: 0, p: -6)
    Aloysia , Gamon, Cecil, Jolon


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    i do, but theres no difference in cost so...

    Cecil casts Detect Magic to try to keep track of the one that vanished.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    M Human Slayer 3 (HP 28/28| AC:17 | T:12 | FF:15 | CMB: 6| CMD:18 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20)

    Gamon sidesteps the boar's tusks, swatting it with his axe.
    Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
    Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
    Crit Damage: 3d12 + 21 ⇒ (10, 11, 3) + 21 = 45


    I'm not sure if Gamon is thirsty for blood or his axe is...

    Gamon shows off his mastery with his weapon of choice by again taking the head off an opponent in one swing. The boar quickly shrinks back down to an imp as the rest hiss at Gamon.

    Order 1st Round
    Imps (r: 0, b: 0, g: [ded], p: -6)
    Aloysia, Gamon, Cecil, Jolon


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon activates his life link with Aloysia and Gamon, grunting in pain as the imp stings Aloysia, though he can't do anything about the poison itself.

    If I'm correct, I'll take the 2 damage instead of Aloysia, but she'll still have to make the save.


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

    Aloysia winces as she feels something course through her. So this is what it feels like when I do it to others. I'm pretty awful! Her internal statement is very snide, but also a little fearful at what is coming.

    She tries to push down the fear and swings back...

    Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
    Damage if that hits: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


    Poison!: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Dex damage

    Aloysia's movements are slowed by the poison coursing through her now, allowing the imp to dodge away from her knife. Tiny screeches come from the rooftops and looking up you see the imps natural enemies, at least in this city, house drakes. Two of them charge down and begin tussling midair with the imps.

    Tiny Dragon Charge!: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 15
    Tiny Dragon Charge!: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15

    Despite their surprise the imps are able to avoid the fangs of the cat sized dragons. They screech back and try to poison their new foes.

    Sting!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
    Sting!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
    Damage (blue): 1d4 ⇒ 3
    Damage (red): 1d4 ⇒ 3
    Fort (left dragon): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
    Fort (right dragon): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    Order 3rd Round
    Imps (r: 0, b: 0, g: [ded], p: -6)
    (Fort Save DC 13 Aloysia)
    Aloysia, Gamon, Cecil, Jolon
    House Drakes (r: -3, b: -3)


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon raises his sword and lets out a cheerful "HA!" at the sight of the house drakes.

    "I figured they wouldn't be far behind!"

    He moves to the one that stung Aloysia.

    Is it within sword-range, or do I need to get out a javelin?


    Sword range.


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

    EDIT: Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

    Does that confirm? And if so, do you want me to just double my damage roll or make two new damage rolls?


    Confirms. Just throw another d8+2 and we'll add it to your initial 10.


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Extra Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Aloysia staggers at her discoordination slightly, but tries to collect herself and try for another attack.

    Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 7
    Damage if that hits: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    The dice are making me RP a really bad poison!


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    Cecil steps back from the fight and fires a ray of frost.
    ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
    cold damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    We'll have Gamon delay until he gets back.

    The tussle in the "sky" continues as the Imps and Dragons fight, screeches and infernal speak filling the air around them. The until recently invisible Imp pops back into visibility to assist its comrade with the large fight in the east.

    Bite (Purple) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
    Sting (Purple) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Bite (Red) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
    Sting (Red) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
    Damage (Purple) Imp: 1d4 ⇒ 4

    Sting (Red) Dragon!: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
    Sting (Red) Dragon!: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
    Sting (Blue) Dragon!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
    Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
    Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
    Poison!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

    The imps superior numbers seem to get the upper hand in the fight as one of them lands a nasty cut with its stinger, nearly ripping the dragon's wing off.

    Order 4th Round
    Imps (r: 0, b: 0, g: [ded], p: -8)
    Aloysia, Gamon, Cecil, Jolon
    House Drakes (r: -3, b: -11)


    M Human Slayer 3 (HP 28/28| AC:17 | T:12 | FF:15 | CMB: 6| CMD:18 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20)

    My bad, I've actually been back and I thought I acted, but I guess I forgot.
    Gamon steps towards the nearest of the visible imps and swings out twice, doing his best to avoid hurting the drake.

    Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
    Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon closes his eyes and when he opens them, the blue flame returns to them. It wraps around his hand and touches the injured house drake, causing its injured wing to repair itself.

    Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Frustrated at her previous attacks, Aloysia lashes out again.

    Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19
    Crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 21
    Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

    Well, half way there on a decent roll!


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    Cecil tries to come to the aid of the house drakes and fires a ray of frost at one of the imps.

    Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    How heroic was our turn? ;)


    Sorry about the disappearance, I've been ankle deep in paint for four days and haven't wanted to get it on anything important. Some days I just want to take the random seed and throttle it. Aloysia, I'd like to say that you're flanking. I know its sort of not possible to flank with a tiny creature by the strictest definition of the rules, but I also say it's easier to catch a cat with two people rather than one.
    So go ahead and roll sneak attack damage as well.

    Cecil's ray successfully hits one of the imps, but it shrugs off the cold as though it weren't there. Cold resistance sucks... The dragons roar their tiny! fury into the evening sky.

    Bite (Purple) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
    Sting (Purple) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
    Bite (Red) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Sting (Red) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

    Despite this the Imps are successful in avoiding the silver-tinged teeth and claws.

    I'll move on to the imps once Aloysia gets extra damage in.


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Sorry, I was out of town for the holiday, and didn't have access to technology (it was kind of nice!).

    Sneak Attack: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12

    Also, it's now bleeding 1 damage per round for the sneak attack.


    Like the dragon before it Aloysia's strike nearly takes the Imp's wing off with her dagger, causing it to bleed profusely.

    The imp curses and screeches at her before striking with its stinger. The other imps focus on their draconic opponents, trusting in their speed and size to keep them safe from your weapons.

    Sting!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
    Sting (Blue)!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
    Sting (Red)!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
    Damage Aloysia: 1d4 ⇒ 3
    Damage Dragon: 1d4 ⇒ 2
    Fort Dragon!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

    Order 4th Round
    Imps (r: -11 [bleed], b: 0, g: [ded], p: -6)
    (Aloysia DC 13 Fort save)
    Aloysia, Gamon, Cecil, Jolon

    House Drakes (r: -3, b: -13)


    M Human Slayer 3 (HP 28/28| AC:17 | T:12 | FF:15 | CMB: 6| CMD:18 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20)

    Gamon takes advantage of the imp's preoccupation with the nearby drake to swing again for its head.
    Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
    Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

    Aloysia feels like this time the poison isn't quite as strong, and she can shrug it off.

    Feeling her life getting closer and closer to dangerous territory she strikes out again...

    Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 11
    Damage if that hits: 1d4 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (5) + 1 = 9

    Ugh! But the slowing of the poison the first time around is just too much for her to overcome.


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon runs across to the other house drake, whose injuries now are worse, and casts again to heal this one.

    Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Ah, a healer's work is never done! XD


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    Cecil holds back, waiting to see where he can actually hurt them.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    The dragon growls something like approval as it continues trying to tear apart its enemy.

    I'm just now realizing that I made a mistake when I looked at the map last. Purple Imp is supposed to be out, so Aloysia you have 3 less damage on you.

    Bite (Blue) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
    Sting (Blue) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
    Bite (Red) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
    Sting (Red) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

    The House Drakes seem to be gaining an edge with your assistance and have pushed the Imps to near a breaking point with everything you've done to take two of them out. The Imps screech and turn invisible, leaving themselves distracted enough to allow you a chance to attack.

    Bite AoO (Blue) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Bite AoO (Red) Imp!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

    AoOs from anyone that wants one. Cecil since you were waiting if you want to do something here you can as well.


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    Cecil steps up to one, swinging with the spiked gauntlet he keeps strapped on his left hand.
    hoping for flanking. On mobile so i cant see the map
    spiked gauntlet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 with flank
    Piercing damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    M Human Slayer 3 (HP 28/28| AC:17 | T:12 | FF:15 | CMB: 6| CMD:18 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20)

    Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
    Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon bears his sword down on the imp.

    Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17; Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


    Jolon is the only one fast enough to hit an Imp as it is about to disappear. He manages to bat the Imp out of the sky with his longsword, wounding it in the process. It still maintains its invisibility as it drops into the dirt, but this gives the two House Drakes the opportunity to pounce. It is a little disconcerting to hear the infernal screaming and see blood spurting from empty looking space, but the Drakes are finished with their work and take to the sky to find their final foe once more. Combat over!


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon raises his sword and whoops in triumph before reaching into his satchel and fishing out a strip of dried meat.

    "Here!" he calls out as he tosses it up to one of the house drakes. "It's moose jerky!"


    One of the drakes swoops down and snatches it before both trill, let out little jets of silver mist into the sky, catch an updraft and disappear. Back to the Citadel? Also, you've all leveled!


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    Back to the citadel! Also YAY LEVELS!

    Cecil sighs, rubbing his hands. "Everyone okay?"


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon sheathes his sword and cracks his neck.

    "Nothing the spirits won't heal. I think Aloysia may still have some of the imps' venom in her system though," he says, a look of concern crossing his face.


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Aloysia coughs, "Yes, I do...and I don't like it." She starts searching her pack for something to bandage her wounds.


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Do you HAVE any at the moment? Remember, Jolon had a life link with you, so any injuries you took were transferred to him.


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Oh that's right! I forgot that you put on the lifelink, so no I don't have the poison. Thank you! But she does pointedly take out her second dagger and puts it in her other spring-loaded wrist sheath relative to that large attack and terrible rolls.


    You manage to make your way back to the Citadel with no more trouble. Cressida, still in her office working through reports of damages, absences, and more, sees your disheveled state and orders you off to get some rest in the barracks.

    The next morning.

    The Field Marshal greets you in her office the next day, "I have some more work for you if you're interested." The man sitting in a chair beside her desk stands and bows as you all enter. "Please forgive me, this is an old friend, Vencarlo Orisini."

    Kn. (Local) DC 15:
    You recognize him as one of Korvosa’s most respected and renowned teachers of the honorable arts of fencing and swordplay.

    With his introduction Vencarlo himself bows deeply as Cressida continues, "He has always been an outspoken critic of our government, but he has also been a valued friend and trusted advisor. I've been picking his brain this morning about the morale and temperament of the citizens here."

    Vencarlo spots Aloysia blending in the back and reaches forward to proffer a kiss on her hand, as well as offering her his own seat. "Cressida has already told me much of your exploits to help the Guard. If Korvosa had more fine folk like you, we’d already be out of this mess. Excellent job on bringing in Vancaskerkin and his boys, it seems even under magical interrogation he had no idea what the men under his control were doing. Asking around that portion of town leads me to believe they were doing undercover merc work and disposing the bodies using the meat processing in that butcher shop." He shudders, "I'd hate to think of how many people were fed others. As well, it is good that you've taken care of Lamm, I know he's been a thorn in the good field marshal's side for some time now."


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    K:Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
    The almighty RNG says... no.
    Cecil nods as he is greeted and tries his best to look at ease, though he still seems awkward.

    "I had personal reasons for Lamm." he replies. "I needed to rescue my daughter. Ending that scum's life... was just an incidental benefit." His voice is grim, but his eyes flash with satisfaction.


    M Human Slayer 3 (HP 28/28| AC:17 | T:12 | FF:15 | CMB: 6| CMD:18 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20)

    Knowledge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
    Gamon nods a welcome to the silver-haired man, It's been our pleasure. I can't speak for the others, but I'm willing to do what more needs to be done.


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Know (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

    Aloysia does her usual scout of the room for threats and marks, as always, and only half pays attention to the Field Marshal until she says the name Vencarlo. She places the man immediately, and knowing his reputation and demeanor tries to find a place to hide from him. In her distraction of scanning the room she missed seeing him fast enough before he could take her hand. She sneers at his "honorableness" but decides to take his seat because she's not getting away from his show now.

    "Yes, well it's taken care of now. When do we get our next assignment?"


    Sense Motive DC 15:
    Vencarlo's lips turn down, ever so slightly. Probably surprised by Aloysia's quick dismissal.

    Cressida smiles, “As much as I would enjoy continuing the conversation," she says with a wry voice, "I fear we just don’t have time. Vencarlo has learned something that could degrade into sanctions, embargoes, or even war against Cheliax if we don’t act now. This problem is a man named Darvayne Gios Amprei, an ambassador from Cheliax whose disdain for Korvosa is well documented, though he’s taken great pleasure in what our city has to offer. Even before this recent unrest, this man was ready to recommend to his government a sanction on trade, or perhaps even an embargo. Vencarlo has learned through his own considerable sources that Ambassador Amprei’s actual goals are to undermine Korvosa’s economy to the point where he can buy up large portions of the city from desperate landholders. He plans to establish himself in a position of power here before advising the end of the sanctions with his allies in Cheliax. We can’t let his bias or personal plans hurt Korvosa. Yet neither can we take drastic action—not only would killing him be wrong, but it’d simply martyr him in Cheliax’s eyes.

    “Fortunately, the ambassador has his foibles. Again, Vencarlo has learned that Ambassador Amprei has been making fairly regular visits to a place in Old Korvosa called Eel’s End. This den of vice is run by a dangerous man named Devargo Barvasi, better known in Korvosa’s alleys as the King of Spiders. I’d love to put Devargo out of business, but he pays his vice taxes regularly and never causes any problems—in fact, since he keeps his business constrained entirely within the five ships moored at Eel’s End, he’s actually one of the least of my worries. Truth be told, I can’t decide whether Devargo is a stirge or a kraken. He seems like a bloodsucking pest most days, but sometimes I fear just how far his tentacles have wormed their way into our great city. In this case though, his insidious web stretching across Korvosa’s underworld might be to our advantage.

    “Devargo would never let someone he recognizes as an ally of the Guard into Eel’s End, but your group’s a different case. I’d like you to pay a visit to Eel’s End and secure an audience with Devargo. Find out what he knows about Amprei, get proof of any illicit goings-on the ambassador might be involved with, and bring that proof to me. I can use it to undermine any forthcoming attempts by him to get Cheliax to cut us off. Devargo might not be willing to part with his information easily. I’ll supply you with some gold to bribe him, and whatever’s left over you can keep for yourself. Remember: Devargo is dangerous, but so are you—if things get violent, I wouldn’t mourn his passing.”


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (Knife Master) - 2
    Stats:
    CONDITION:None, Harrow Points:4, AC 15 (13/12), Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1, Init +3, Perc +8, HP 16/16

    Aloysia smiles, "This sounds like it is going to fun! When do we go?"


    Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8; Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; hp 17/17; Immune sleep

    Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10

    Cecil furrows his eyebrows, concerned. "I'm not sure what I can do about this situation, other than... maybe getting us in the door? I don't think they've got much business for a romance author... And my magic... well, I never really put a lot of money into researching new spells..."

    He seems uncertain of his abilities, or at least his ability to contribute to convincing Devargo to aid them.


    [Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3, AC 16, T16, FF10 / HP 30/30, F+5 R+2 W+2 / CMB +4, CMD 14/ Init +0, Perc. +1]

    Jolon breathes a sigh of relief at Orsini's words. Vancaskerkin wasn't evil, just stupid. He extends his hand and shakes Orsini's hand.

    "Thank you, Master Orsini."

    He listens to Cressida's words and begins to glower, his tusks starting to show slightly.

    "I will be the first to say I've no love for Cheliax. My people...both half-orcs AND Shoanti...have suffered at their hands. But this city is my home, and I would not see it subjected to war, with Cheliax or anyone else. Master Orsini, do you have any ideas as to what may help us in negotiating with this King of Spiders?"

    601 to 650 of 671 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fez's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.