Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


2,551 to 2,578 of 2,578 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

retired

Graythan rises without complaint, offering Justified a simple but loaded nod that says so much. Thanks. I've got it now. I trust you. He adds a log to the fire for Amala's benefit, then slips away past the fire the light for a few minutes to walk off his tiredness and to trace the perimeter of their camp.

He returns to the heavy sounds of Avner's breathing, the troublesome noble already fast asleep.

"How do you do it, Captian?" His words are soft and quiet, barely more than a whisper, but loud enough for the woman beside him to still hear without straining. "How do you keep a whole crew from each others' throats? We're barely keeping it together here."


She snorts, "They don't have a choice. My ship. My rules. You break them, then you're dumped off at the next port of call. Break them bad enough, and you've over the side. A ship needs discipline and is only as good as her crew."

She gets quiet and stares into the fire, "I guess mine wasn't quite good enough."


retired

"Not good enough? Amalla, that storm smashed the ship into splinters. We weren't avoiding that no matter how you ran the ship." He turns his gaze to the fire as well and sighs. "You know, back in Sasserine I was a bounty hunter. I wasn't the best, but I was good. Got answers and leads out of folks a lot more easily than some of my colleagues and competition. And it sounds like I did it in the same way you kept idiots in line on your ship."

He pauses for a moment, stabbing errantly at the fire, then continues, "But I don't think those methods will get us through this jungle. I just wish I knew the first thing about playing peacemaker." He shakes his head then looks from the flames and back at the captain. "How are you holding up?"


"Poorly. My place is on a ship, not some stinking jungle. I'm less than useless out here."

She spits into the fire, "I don't see much point in bothering to keep the peace. Avner's an ass, ignore him. And if he does something stupid and gets himself killed? Well, that's just one less problem the rest of us have to deal with. Ignoring him is easy, it's Urol that's driving me up the wall. He's treating this whole damned thing like some holiday. My crew and all the colonists are dead, we are probably going to die in this Gods forsaken jungle, and he doesn't even care."


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira continues the past the changing of the guards. Occasionally her hand or her leg twitches as she sleeps.


retired

"He's scared out of his wits, Amalla. Each of you is trying to cope with this mess in their own way. Avner by asserting his importance at every turn and Urol by treating it as a carnival or faire." He pauses for a moment then asks, "You blame yourself for everyone who didn't make it out of the wreck?" He knows the answer before he asks the question, and he nods as she silently nods that she does. "You think it'll be any different for me if I don't get each of you through this?" He sighs again, his face fixed on the fire. "Look, I'm going to do my damnedest to get you all to Farshore and I can start cracking the whip if I need to. I care more about keeping everyone breathing than I do about being liked, but friction like that won't make this any easier."

He turns to look directly at Amalla at this, "I can get mean to keep a lid on this can of worms if I need to. But you were captain of that ship. You were their captain." He points to each of the sleeping figures arrayed around the edge of firelight. "For weeks upon weeks, you were their sole authority. That doesn't change just because we're walking through a jungle now. You think you're useless? Help keep these people in line and agreeable. You do that and I can focus on getting us through the jungle instead of spending energy keeping everyone from one anothers' throats."

He rises then to walk a brief patrol and to leave Amalla with his words. "You manage that, and you'll be the most useful of us all."


Excellent RP Graythan. Bravo.

Amalla doesn't say anything, but Grathan see's her give a small nod. The rest of their watch passes uneventfully.

Krilla is woken and her watch too, passes quietly.

Moira's watch starts quietly, but about halfway through it the fire dims, and the entire camp darkens.


Let's just assume that Moira wakes people up.


retired

"What? What is it?" Graythan sits up with a start, his eerie eyes narrowing as he realizes an unnatural darkness has settled over the area. "What's going on?"

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


Female Aasimar HP (38)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+5/+9 | Init +6
Skills:
Diplomacy 15, Handle Animal 8, Heal 13, Kn(Nature) 8, Kn(Planes) 6, Kn(Religion) 12, Perception 16, Ride 6, Spellcraft 12, Survival 14
Shamanic Witch-Doctor of Life 7

Krila awakens, and when she realizes the campfire is dark, she grabs a stone from by the bed and casts Daylight on it.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified stands, gripping his weapon. What is going on? If given time he will try to build up the fire.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira, suspicious of the events, responds to the waking for your friends.
"Unusual darkness. I'm hoping I'm not waking you guys for nothing but better to be safe that sorry later."
Moira starts to plunge 3 arrows into the dirt for easy access and gets her bow ready. Little-Prick is ready if she needs it.


@Graythan: Nothing immediately draws your attention.

At Krilla's spell, the unusual darkness dissipates. The animal noises from the surrounding jungle become silent at the sudden appearance of the bright light.


retired

Graythan makes his way from bedroll to bedroll, checking on each of their wards, ensuring that everyone is present and accounted for. "Everyone alright? I don't hear or see anything out there, but Moira's right: better safe than sorry."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

The lore warden sees to the fire, banking it and adding fuel. Whatever it was the light seems to have driven it back. It may come back when the spell's energy fades. he warns.


Nothing happens while you wait on alert. Eventually, Krilla's spell fades and when it does the unnatural darkness does not return.


retired

Graythan frowns, shaking his head. "Something's trying to play tricks." He shoots an angry glance into the overhanging jungle canopy before grunting and turning back toward his bedroll. "Keep the fire high, Moira." He lays his crossbow close at hand as he lies back down and though he closes his eyes, he listens keenly to each and every noise in the surrounding jungle.


Female Aasimar HP (38)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+5/+9 | Init +6
Skills:
Diplomacy 15, Handle Animal 8, Heal 13, Kn(Nature) 8, Kn(Planes) 6, Kn(Religion) 12, Perception 16, Ride 6, Spellcraft 12, Survival 14
Shamanic Witch-Doctor of Life 7

Krila nods. "Yes, and do wake me if anything happens again."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified settles back down as well, keeping his weapons close.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira gets some more wood and throws it into the fire making sure there is plenty to burn. She begins to look around for the same darkness. She whispers "Come on out.... You making look bad."

After her chore is done the young rogue takes some of her arrows and plunges the tip into the ground. She has seen some archers do this ritual in order to have the arrows easily accessible.


I'm going to use a little DM's fiat to move us along, skipping some creepy night encounters. I'm sure there would be things that you could do to take precautions but whatever.

You continue your trip south. Over the next few days you are exposed to more unsettling events. On one day, there is a rumble of stones and a small but painful rockslide tumbles among the party. Picking yourself up, you can''t help but notice that mixed in with the rocks are dozens of humanoid skulls. Another day, when coming around a bend on the trail, you see a man dressed in tribal attire standing on the edge of the cliff. He looks forlornly at you before leaping into the surf below. When you reach the place from which he leaped, you can't see any sign of his body on the stone below. Your nights are filled with the occasional erie silence and one more instance of unnatural darkness. Everyone's nerves are frayed and on edge.

Dm's Dice:

1d20 + 5 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 7 = 23

Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Graythan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Krila: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Enemy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Combat
23 Gargoyles
18 Graythan
13 Krila
10 Justified
7 Moira

A squad of gargoyles are swooping down on you, coming out of the sun. DC23 perc will get a round to do before they strike


Female Aasimar HP (38)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+5/+9 | Init +6
Skills:
Diplomacy 15, Handle Animal 8, Heal 13, Kn(Nature) 8, Kn(Planes) 6, Kn(Religion) 12, Perception 16, Ride 6, Spellcraft 12, Survival 14
Shamanic Witch-Doctor of Life 7

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

"Gargoyles, from the sun."

Per our previous discussion, random roll for weather, correct?

Weather: 1d100 ⇒ 48 Weather Table

Krila casts Call Lightning in preparation of the gargoyle's coming.


retired

"More of them?!" Cursing under his breath, he wheels around and lets a trio of bolts fly.

+1 hvy repeating xbow (1st): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 = 16for: 1d10 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + (5, 1) + 3 = 14
+1 hvy repeating xbow (iterative): 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 - 5 = 21for: 1d10 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + (3, 5) + 3 = 18
crit?: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 - 5 = 9for an additional: 1d10 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + (6, 4) + 3 = 17
+1 hvy repeating xbow (rapid): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22for: 1d10 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + (5, 3) + 3 = 13

Swift: bane
Full: shoot x3

Status:

HP: 48/48
AC: 23 (13 T / 20 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +6/+5/+10 (+2 vs Illusion, +1 vs Enchantment, +2 vs disease, +2/roll 2x vs mind affecting)
Judgements used: 0/3
Bane rounds used: 1/7
Discern lies rounds used: 0/7
Relentless footing used: 0/7
Inner strength used: 0/1
inflict wand charges used: 3/50
cure wand charges used: 8/50
Spell Slots used:
Level 1 (4+1) - 0/5 | DC 15
Level 2 (3+1) - 0/4 | DC 16
Level 3 (1+1) - 0/2 | DC 17

Ongoing Effects
Deadly Aim: -2/+4
Bane: +2/2d6+2
rapid shot: -2 to hit/1 additional attack


Female Aasimar HP (38)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/12/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+5/+9 | Init +6
Skills:
Diplomacy 15, Handle Animal 8, Heal 13, Kn(Nature) 8, Kn(Planes) 6, Kn(Religion) 12, Perception 16, Ride 6, Spellcraft 12, Survival 14
Shamanic Witch-Doctor of Life 7

Graythan, if you make your perception check, you get a round of prep before they are in range, to cast a buff spell or something if you want

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 I seem them too.

Justified 5' steps and readies to receive the enemy preparing to power attack.

He will take his AOO and can attack up to 4 enemies if they provoke through movement.

Readied Action:

+1 glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 321d10 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Some AOOs:

+1 glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 261d10 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
+1 glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 231d10 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
+1 glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 281d10 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
+1 glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 241d10 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


retired

I thought your perception and shout were enough to make us aware and that my volley was my early round of actions!


retired

Was Graythan's volley of bolts the surprise round or the 1st full round of combat...
Perception (DC 23): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Moira was unprepared to attack from long range, instead, she unsheathes her saber and prepares for close combat.

Is there any foliage or trees about so she can hide? Not that she is a coward, just wanted to see if she can flank or surprise a gargoyle.

2,551 to 2,578 of 2,578 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.