Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Evil's Lost at Bitter End

Game Master Steven_Evil

>>MAP<<


1 to 50 of 109 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

Here's a place to hang your dot

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

.

Scarab Sages

androgyne Pseudonatural Lich some combination of Ghul Lord, Warlock, Truenamer, Psychic, and Wild Mage

There's someone in the darkness....

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 3/8 | Force Ward 16/16, regenerates 2/minute, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 8 | HP 90/90 (24 nonlethal) | AC 25/16/20 | F +13, R +13, W +7 (+5 Hardy) | CMD 20 | Init +4 | Perc +14

-.. --- -

This is the character I'd prefer to play, but he's currently in another scenario. It's almost over, though.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

What trouble brews in the world this time around?

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+8
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 4/4; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 3 (HP:64/64)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+12/R:+5/W:+13)(CMD:21)(Init:+6)(Perception:+12)

"I was told to report here for my next mission."

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

"Indeed, the laughing lizard." notes Rhuul.

"I hear he used to be a quiet fellow, but even lizards can't help but feel jolly with me around!"

Scarab Sages

male Wayang Illusionist 7
Spoiler:
| AC 16, T 16, FF 13 |HP: 46*/30 | F +2, R +5, W +4 (+2 versus shadow/fear/death) | Init +3, Perc 0 |CMB +1 CMD 14|10/10 Blinding Rays, 0/1 Arcane Bond

A procession of dark-toned, two-dimensional lizards begin dancing around Rhuul's hatband.

"So I see," Snickers a small, midnight-skinned man in the corner.

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

Just moments ago, Venture-Captain Adril Hestram stood beside you inside the great hall of the Grand Lodge in Absalom and said, Good luck and gods speed. Find out what you can and get back in one piece.

With that, a masked member of the Decemvirate, gender and race impossible to determine under black cloth and an ornate face mask, muttered an incantation and teleported you nearly a thousand miles south, to the northern frontier of the necromantic nation of Geb.

Just 24 hours ago, messengers from the Decemvirate banged on your door and demanded your presence at the Grand Lodge. Venture-Captain Hestram, it seemed, had received an important bit of news about work that a Nethys cleric Pathfinder named Rijana was doing in the Mana Wastes— important enough to summon you at such an early hour and demand your preparedness for a new mission assignment.

[b[]Rijana is one of the best scholars on arcane mysteries that we have,[/b] said Hestram as he paced back and forth. He shook a thin sheaf of papers in his hand. This missive from her hand just a month ago tells a daring tale of hidden dimensions in the Mana Wastes that could be used to return magic once again to that failed, desolate garbage heap. I could care less about restoring magic there—but I care a lot about what bizarre ruins and hidden sanctums might have been concealed there while magic lay dormant. I haven’t the time to waste to send another message back and await its answer—I’ve asked a Decemvirute member, a powerful wizard, to teleport you to Rijana’s last known location, a dusty hamlet on the edge of the Wastes in northern Geb called Geb’s Rest. I’m sending the lot of you because Geb is dangerous, the Mana Wastes are deadly, and I want this thing done right. Hestram snorted. Well, I at least want it done. You lot will have to do. Get to Geb’s Rest, find Rijana, and bring back whatever notes she’s got in her journals about the Mana Wastes. She should have four journals if my memory of her bizarre organizational skills is correct—I want all four of them. Tell her I’m reviewing them for inclusion in the Pathfinder Chronicles, I don’t care. Just bring them back. Now get yourself ready to go—you can’t buy a decent potion within a hundred miles of this backwater dust pile.

You're going to a place where magic is non-existant in most areas, for those of you that don't know of Geb too well. Prepare accordingly. Make any purchases now, and we'll get underway tomorrow!

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

"I have never been to the Mana wastes." admits Rhuul.

"What kind of threats are common there? And what happens if you try to use magic?"

Any particular rolls to know about Geb's Rest?

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 3/8 | Force Ward 16/16, regenerates 2/minute, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 8 | HP 90/90 (24 nonlethal) | AC 25/16/20 | F +13, R +13, W +7 (+5 Hardy) | CMD 20 | Init +4 | Perc +14

I'm going to have to drop out, my other session is taking too long in the final fight.

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

You are teleported in quick fashion, right on the outskirts of the town of Geb’s Rest.
In the distance lies a squat, tumble-down hovel comprised of a few turrated domes, a collection of ramshackle huts, a solid, two-story inn, dusty red streets, and a large central fountain. There are maybe four dozen intact buildings scattered about the town, with the central hub largely surrounded by weedchoked ruins of a time when the town was more prosperous.
As you all approach Geb’s Rest, you see no signs of life at all. No people, no animals, no birds—nothing. The entire town is silent and vacant.

This part is is kind of sandboxy; let me know where you’re exploring and I will tell you what you find in each location. The map is up, please copy your tokens onto the first page along with your initiative modifiers and your perception modifers in the box provided so that I can easily copy/paste when needed. Sorry this took so long to get started, for some reason this particular scenario wanted to give me a hard time copying the maps to google slides.

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom
Rhuul Irontoe wrote:

"I have never been to the Mana wastes." admits Rhuul.

"What kind of threats are common there? And what happens if you try to use magic?"

Any particular rolls to know about Geb's Rest?

It doesn't specifically give any, but just give me a Knowledge Local check. As far as what happens when you try to use magic in a dead zone, it doesn't work. Neither do magical items. I'll let you know when you enter an area like that.

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+8
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 4/4; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 3 (HP:64/64)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+12/R:+5/W:+13)(CMD:21)(Init:+6)(Perception:+12)

Are we coming from the east or west into town?

Wyrgan looks around the town square and the fountain as those would be the most likely areas townsfolk would gather at, he uses his detect evil and detect magic in each spot spending the time to concentrate for full effect.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

also are we going with just 4 pax? Any chance to get someone to join up?

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

"Well... no welcoming party. No banners. Not even any dancing girls." sighs Rhuul.

"Let's see if there is a tavern anywhere."

Scarab Sages

male Wayang Illusionist 7
Spoiler:
| AC 16, T 16, FF 13 |HP: 46*/30 | F +2, R +5, W +4 (+2 versus shadow/fear/death) | Init +3, Perc 0 |CMB +1 CMD 14|10/10 Blinding Rays, 0/1 Arcane Bond

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

The whole place isn't a dead magic zone, is it?!?

Knowledge (Geography) about Geb: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Knowledge (Geography) about Mana Wastes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

Geb is not a dead magic zone, and the Locals have taken to calling the town "Bitter End", as life in the mana wastes is difficult, and no one here ever really gets any rest. The town is at the end of a trade route to another town in Neb, so people can make a decent, if not dangerous, life running trade caravans through the mana wastes back and forth between the two.

I'll wait for the other player to chime in before advancing, though if you want to put a "soft pause" on for recruitment for one or two more players, now is the time.

Keep in mind though, Season 0 was meant to be played with four players, so you're still technically on par.

Scarab Sages

male Wayang Illusionist 7
Spoiler:
| AC 16, T 16, FF 13 |HP: 46*/30 | F +2, R +5, W +4 (+2 versus shadow/fear/death) | Init +3, Perc 0 |CMB +1 CMD 14|10/10 Blinding Rays, 0/1 Arcane Bond
GM Evil wrote:
Geb is not a dead magic zone, and the Locals have taken to calling the town "Bitter End", as life in the mana wastes is difficult, and no one here ever really gets any rest.

I know Geb isn't, but what about the Mana Wastes? ALL dead magic, or just parts of it?

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

Just parts, according to the scenario. Just be ready for lots of parts to be.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue6 | HP 42/47 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 19 | Perc +12 | Init +7

A Tengu with a cloak hood covering the majority of his head comes running into the grand lodge out of breath and showing obvious consternation.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to park the better part of a Caravan around here on short notice? For once I would have been happy with one of Drunkard Dreng's midnight wake-up calls... At least the streets are empty enough to get the important stuff through then."

He looks around, realizing that half-way through his tirade he's no longer anywhere near the grand lodge. Probably for the better since insulting high ranking Pathfinders in the middle of the grand lodge rarely ends well.

"%&@$!"

He takes a seat, brushes off his cloak and boots and checks his weapons one by one. He carefully inspects his powder horn to ensure that it is still dry, then cleans his blunderbus, his dagger, his pepperbox, another dagger, and slowly and methodically checks his large assortment of ammunition. "Looks like everything is in order..."

He grimaces, then pulls his hood back. "Korai Shardwing, Varisian transportation specialist."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

Welcome, Korai. Maldoc then quickly takes a look about. That idea is as good as any other, Rhuul. Care to lead the way? Maldoc won't mind taking the lead, however.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

Rhuul is more than happy to lead the way, caution not being a central facet of his nature. This can be clearly seen from the slightly limp he has acquired, and by his beard which shows signs of having been badly burned at one stage or another.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue6 | HP 42/47 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 19 | Perc +12 | Init +7

Korai slowly in turn looks over each of his new compatriots.

"Well... If we are to be coworkers in this wretched land, we should make sure we understand each other's specialties...."

He looks over at Rhuul and with a wry smile continues "...each other's forte as it were. All I ask of you is to keep our interactions private. My business thrives off of my reputation... a reputation I have spent several years working to create. It is a reputation that may not be entirely... descriptive of myself. The more my customers know about me in the feather the less weight my reputation carries, so please leave my reputation as words alone."

Sleight of Hand take 10: 10 + 15 + 4 = 29

Part way through that dialogue a small pistol appears in his hands. When it was drawn only the keen of eye are able to note. (Use deft palm rogue talent to conceal a weapon in plain sight)

"As for me, I am a firearms specialist, business negotiator, scout and burgler when necessary. When the good constable/bad constable game is required, I prefer the position of bad constable. I prefer to use words until force is needed, but when force is needed I am well willing to engage. I am fluent in the tongue of the my people, dwarves, elves, and... erm...."

He hesitates a moment. "...I am fluent in Aklo."

Scarab Sages

male Wayang Illusionist 7
Spoiler:
| AC 16, T 16, FF 13 |HP: 46*/30 | F +2, R +5, W +4 (+2 versus shadow/fear/death) | Init +3, Perc 0 |CMB +1 CMD 14|10/10 Blinding Rays, 0/1 Arcane Bond
Korai Shardwing wrote:

He hesitates a moment. "...I am fluent in Aklo."

A small, midnight-skinned man with pointed, doll-like features and fine, exotic garb nods conspiratorially. "It is a fun language, isn't it?"

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+8
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 4/4; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 3 (HP:64/64)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+12/R:+5/W:+13)(CMD:21)(Init:+6)(Perception:+12)

"I see that you are a talkative one... hopefully that misplaced energy is used better in combat." Wyrgan says to the newcomer. "I suggest searching the areas where villagers tend to congregate first to look for any sings of what occurred. We can bust into private dwellings afterwards if need be." he says to the others.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue6 | HP 42/47 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 19 | Perc +12 | Init +7

"Combat is a last resort always... After all the dead only pay once..."

Character sheet should be up to date now.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

Hey all, I've been sick as heck the last two days and haven't been able to update. As soon as my tablet is charged (because it died on me) I'll get the game updated. Thanks for your patience!

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

"I too am a negotiator" comments Rhuul.

"My preferred method is to use humor to try and 'break the ice' - of course that doesn't work too well in Irrisen, they take that kind of personally."

He shrugs with a grin on his face.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue6 | HP 42/47 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 19 | Perc +12 | Init +7

As a note, my Deft Palm trait allows me to hide a weapon in plain sight. I'd assume that doesn't literally mean that I'm holding my gun and it's hidden, but more like I've always got my hand right near my gun and am concealing my actions such that people don't realize it. Rather than me constantly rolling dice every post, would you mind making a roll on my behalf whenever it might be important? My total bonus to the sleight of hand check would be +19. I'll inform you when I have my firearm concealed and when I don't.

Additionally I have the skill unlock for sense motive which allows me to make a sense motive check to boost my initiative under certain combat conditions, specifically if I'm attempting to negotiate and it devolves into combat. My sense motive is at +10 and the DC for the check is equal to 11 + the highest bluff bonus among foes or 15, whichever is greater. If I pass I get +1 initiative, and another +1 for every 5 I beat the DC by. If you wouldn't mind rolling that on my behalf as well that'd be great. If you roll initiative and I'm nowhere near the next enemy, don't bother with it though.

Korai chuckles at Rhuul's pun. "Alright then, so you're good cop and I'm bad cop. And by what name should I refer to you? And your compatriots for that matter?"

As he queries his new compatriots he looks about for suspicious watchers and tries to remember if he's already made any business dealings here. Especially any that went south...

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Not having any real idea about his whereabouts, he keeps his firearm ready for use at any moment. (Currently concealed via Deft Palm)

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

"I am Rhuul Ironetoe. Comedian extraordinaire! Surely you have heard of my infamous pie-and-the-Taldane-baron piece? Well, maybe the less said about that the better. I think they have taken the price off my head in that particular valley now.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue6 | HP 42/47 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 19 | Perc +12 | Init +7

"Comedian eh? Well, you had best remain in the rearguard as I've never been known for following Rhuuls"

Perform (Dad joke) untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+8
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 4/4; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 3 (HP:64/64)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+12/R:+5/W:+13)(CMD:21)(Init:+6)(Perception:+12)

Wyrgan continues searching around the well and town square.

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

As you make your way toward the center of the town, you all keep seeing the same kind of strange signs- things like dinner plates still set at tables with spoiled food on them, clothes hung out to dry, mugs of ale still resting on the bar in the inn, and feed set out for the animals in the barn and the nearby animal pasture. Not a single person is on sight, though, and you continue to hear absolutely nothing. You keep feeling more and more... apprehensive as you move through the hamlet. It's disturbingly empty. You start to think you see things over your shoulder, but nothing is ever there, you think you might hear things that no one else hears, and you start to think that this town is cursed, or haunted, or.... something. Just not something good!

I still don't have everyone's token and info on the first slide of the map, if you could do that for me, that would be spectacular, thanks! I marked the map with an arrow of the direction from which you are approaching the town square, with a box. Please place yourselves within the box in whichever exploratory order you desire, and if you are moving stealthily (stealth check), calling out for people who may be hiding (diplomacy), etc, makes those rolls now. Once everyone is on the map and where they want to be, I'll advance. This part is meant to feel empty, and very ghost town-ey, which doesn't really translate well into pbp, but it does pick up considerably after this.

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+8
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 4/4; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 3 (HP:64/64)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+12/R:+5/W:+13)(CMD:21)(Init:+6)(Perception:+12)

Wyrgan stops on his way towards the town center and clears his thoughts so he can focus on detecting evil and magic taking the time to do so properly...

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue6 | HP 42/47 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 19 | Perc +12 | Init +7

Korai seems to have a bit of an itchy trigger finger at the moment. In a hushed tone he looks back at Wyrgan. "This ain't good... When a town up and leaves there are only bad reasons."

He eyes the plates, noting the spoiled food and hanging laundry and narrows his eyes.

"If they've been taken by force we should be able to find signs of struggle, and possibly survivors. Since the food is spoiled it's pretty clear that they didn't duck and hide just as we 'ported in. If they were consumed by plague or fiends there may be signs of blight or infestation. If it's the latter we should keep our heads down... Also remember... they may have left swiftly but these are people's homes and we should exercise care. They may have laid hasty wards or rigged crude traps to protect what little they may wish to come back for."

Slowly, carefully, and quietly he moves up to inspect the structures. He checks the walls and doors, looking for blood, arrows, or claw marks that would signify that a struggle took place.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26

He keeps his pepperbox in a clawed hand, hooked and ready to whip out at a moments notice but carefully concealed under his cloak's sleeves.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33

I'm a reasonable scout, so if possible I'd like to be a little ahead of the party. If in cramped places though I'd gladly let anyone who wishes to be a tank take the point.

Scarab Sages

male Wayang Illusionist 7
Spoiler:
| AC 16, T 16, FF 13 |HP: 46*/30 | F +2, R +5, W +4 (+2 versus shadow/fear/death) | Init +3, Perc 0 |CMB +1 CMD 14|10/10 Blinding Rays, 0/1 Arcane Bond

"Geb is a nation of the dead. Perhaps this is normal for here?"

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

It's uncanny - were it not for voicing his comment, Sihir would be almost impossible for most to notice.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

"This place feels like a ghost town" agrees Rhuul. Every now and then he stops to try and sense the presence of magic in the area, and then hurries ahead to catch up with the rest of the group.

"Sends a right shiver down me back it does."

"Hello! We come in peace, and in search of a drink." calls out Rhuul, more than happy to direct any attention onto himself and away from the stealthy pathfinders.

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

GM Screen:

Perception,Wyrgan: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Perception,Maldoc: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Perception,Sihir: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Korai Perception: 14
Rhuul Perception: 28

Stealth Geb Defenders: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Perception Geb Defenders: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Init,Wyrgan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Init,Maldoc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Init,Korai: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Init,Sihir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Init,Rhuul: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Geb Defender Green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Geb Defender Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Geb Defender Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Geb Defender Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Yellow Charge Attack!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Extra Damage?: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

As you all approach the center of town, you see the first sign of another life form for the first time! A body is slumped over at the fountain, one arm hanging off the side and the rest turned away from you, half in the stagnant water!

At the same time, everyone but Sihir and Korai notice four skeletons stalking toward you, from inside the buildings directly surrounding the town square. Two of them throw empty potion vials to the ground as they silently laugh at their new prey. The skeleton's dressed in yellow and blue rags move faster than the rest, and begin to move forward, their scimitars cutting menacing arcs in the air as they do! The yellow-garbed one, however, doesn't stop until it's already in Korai's face, and swings its scimitar at him in a waist high arc, meaning to split the bird in two! The blade cuts deep, taking a lot of flesh and blood with it, as the skeleton strikes true. Its partner, the blue garbed skeleton, moves forward, and takes up a semi defensive position, its eyeless skull mocking you with its fleshless grin.

Ouch!!!!! To clarify: Yellow Skeleton charged Korai (and rolled high enough on perception to see him, even!), and then confirmed a critical hit. If you have fortification or something of the like, let me know, but for now, Korai takes 22 damage. The blue skeleton just double moved. Remember the squares on the map are 10ft squares, not 5. Wyrgan Up!

Round 1!
Yellow Skeleton- Charges, whacks Korai something good!
Blue Skeleton- Moves next to its partner! (Double Move)

Wyrgan- Up!

Red Skeleton-

Korai-
Sihir-
Maldoc-

Green Skeleton-

Rhuul-

EDIT: Added an arrow and text blurb to the map to clarify where the two skeletons who already moved and acted started out at, for any who were curious/had and ability they could use/etc.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue6 | HP 42/47 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 19 | Perc +12 | Init +7

Where is blue with respect to me? I'll shrink my icon to 1/4 square to help tactical movement for now.

With respect to the crit I'll activate my rogue class ability of 'get hurt and cry about it.'

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

For some reason, I can't shrink any of the icons any smaller than they are now. Blue should be adjacent to Yellow, right in front of you. If you can shrink ALL the icons for me, that would be awesome. I guess my tablet just doesn't want to zoom that far in.

EDIT: Fixed it. It was apparently a case of "turn it off and back on again"

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+8
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 4/4; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 3 (HP:64/64)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+12/R:+5/W:+13)(CMD:21)(Init:+6)(Perception:+12)

Wyrgan moves forward to provide aid to the tengu...so glad he bought boots of striding and springing now

and then he attacks the yellow skeleton...

Bastard Sword+PA+2Handed+FF: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
DMG: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

"TWO MORE ON THE RIGHT TRYING TO FLANK US!" he yells back to the others.

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

Round 1!
Yellow Skeleton- (15 Damage) Charges, whacks Korai something good!
Blue Skeleton- Moves next to its partner! (Double Move)

Wyrgan- Attacks Yellow, hits!

Red Skeleton- Moves next to the group! (Double Move)

Korai- Up!
Sihir- Up!
Maldoc- Up!

Green Skeleton-

Rhuul-

Wyrgan hits the yellow skeleton, making up for some of the punishment that it dealt Korai, and the blue garbed creature makes its way to the fray, though isn't able to get a swing in! (Blue Double Move to get into combat range.)

Korai, Sihir, and Maldoc up!

Scarab Sages

male Wayang Illusionist 7
Spoiler:
| AC 16, T 16, FF 13 |HP: 46*/30 | F +2, R +5, W +4 (+2 versus shadow/fear/death) | Init +3, Perc 0 |CMB +1 CMD 14|10/10 Blinding Rays, 0/1 Arcane Bond

Sihir holds up a shred of raw meat and bone, and stares imperiously at the skeleton in the back as he grips them tightly in his hand.

I cast command undead on the Red skeleton (DC 19 Will save to resist IF it isn't mindless).

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

Maldoc will cast Intensified Shocking Grasp and boldly move past Wyrgan in order to attempt a strike on the red skeleton with his Black Blade! Acro to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 2 + 3 = 19 for Weapon: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 plus ISG: 9d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 4, 6, 6) = 27

Scarab Sages

male Wayang Illusionist 7
Spoiler:
| AC 16, T 16, FF 13 |HP: 46*/30 | F +2, R +5, W +4 (+2 versus shadow/fear/death) | Init +3, Perc 0 |CMB +1 CMD 14|10/10 Blinding Rays, 0/1 Arcane Bond

You sure you want to attack the RED one, given what I just did?

The Exchange

Male Tengu Gun1/Rogue6 | HP 42/47 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | F: +6, R: +13, W: +3 | CMD 19 | Perc +12 | Init +7

Hmmm... do I flank with red now? Either way my turn is going to be the same after losing roughly half my HP in one strike...

Korai quickly draws a dagger and slashes at the skeleton as he rolls backward and gets himself out of sight to inspect his wound.

Quick draw dagger, attack, acrobatics to move away. Free action to cuss like a sailor.

Cold Iron Dagger vs Yellow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 +2 if I'm flanking with Red now

Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Sneak Attack: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5) = 10 If applicable

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Korai gets his back against the wall in the ally way and demonstrates his repertoire of Aklo profanity.

"@&%#! That's gonna leave a mark..."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

Ah, I forgot about that. I'll attack red if the spell fails, otherwise I'll go after the other one. That OK, GM?

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

That's fine Maldoc. :)
Geb Defender Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Round 1!
Yellow Skeleton- (15 Damage) Charges, whacks Korai something good!
Blue Skeleton- Moves next to its partner! (Double Move)

Wyrgan- Attacks Yellow, hits!

Red Skeleton- Moves next to the group! (Double Move) (Dominated!)

Korai- Atacks, misses, and gets out of the way!
Sihir- Command Undead!
Maldoc- Tumbles, Attacks!

Green Skeleton- (Double Move)

Rhuul- Up!

Sihir mind controls the red-garbed skeleton, and it looks at him expectantly. Maldoc attempts to tumble past the skeletons, but they are much quicker than he realizes, and a scimitar slashes at him!
AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
The attack misses, and Maldoc finds his own strike is true, as well as his spell, as he destroys the yellow skeleton in one go! The skeleton in green rags steps up to take its place, however, keeping the bottleneck going!

Rhuul up!

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl8; AC 17; HP 58/58; Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +9; Perc +12; Music left 25/25

"These folk just wanted to party. But they had no body to go with." starts Rhuul with a somewhat predicable line. He waves a flag with the rune of the open road on it as he closes towards the battle.

Inspire courage +2 to hit and damage, Flag bearer +1 to hit and damage, total of +3 to hit and damage, and +2 vs fear

Dark Archive

Male Lost at Bitter End | Blood Under Absalom

Round 1!
Yellow Skeleton- (15 Damage) Charges, whacks Korai something good!
Blue Skeleton- Moves next to its partner! (Double Move)

Wyrgan- Attacks Yellow, hits!

Red Skeleton- Moves next to the group! (Double Move) (Dominated!)

Korai- Atacks, misses, and gets out of the way!
Sihir- Command Undead!
Maldoc- Tumbles, Attacks!

Green Skeleton- (Double Move)

Rhuul- Inspires Courage!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2!
Yellow Skeleton- Destroyed!
Blue Skeleton- Attacks Maldoc, misses!

Wyrgan- Up!

Red Skeleton- Dominated!

Korai-
Sihir-
Maldoc-

Green Skeleton-

Rhuul-

The skeleton in red rags stands still, waiting for its commands, while the blue garbed one presses the attack! It brings its rusted scimitar down in a vicious attack aimed at Maldoc's Shoulder, but the warrior easily dodges!

GM Screen:

Blue Skeleton Attack Maldoc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

1 to 50 of 109 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Evil's Untitled 7-11 Season 0 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.