GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


3,751 to 3,800 of 5,562 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>

HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal continues to run back and forth in search of books. To her, this is training, and she enjoys the new setting and new challenges presented by the peculiar architecture.

As the morning comes to pass, she muses: "I wonder if this place has secret rooms for secret books?"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

After waking up, Ben feels a bit nervous. He is perfectly aware that this is going to be the last day he and his party are going to spend inside the Spiral Archive, and despite having uncovered several important leads, Ben has the sensation that there is more to, like key information his group is still missing. Consequently, he does his best in order to perform his research, and coordinate that of his friend, at the best of his possibilities.

"Today I do not have time to risk anything. Cahal, please help me with those bridges," he plainly admits.

Knowledge (history) check (+3 Osirion): 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 3 = 30
Strenght of the success: 1d8 ⇒ 1


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Don't worry about me, I'll brave the bridges on my own," Florence offers the next 'morning' when it comes time to resume their research. "Never thought being able to catch myself like that would come in so handy, but there you go," she laughs as she sets out across the funny paper bridges once more...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

...and promptly goes tumble-floating down to the bottom again...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

...but fares better on the second attempt.

Kn. History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"This is...this is really hard," she later laments, finding absolutely no clue as to where the missing scrolls might've been moved to. "Is anyone else faring any better?"


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

"This is our last day in here, huh? I can't believe we've only run into one other person." Nidhi stays on the ground with Benedictus, focusing all of her attention on researching the texts. She complains intermittently while reading.

Knowledge (History) Aid Ben: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 = 22


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Your second day starts early, and you have some early success. A large collection of tablets bound in cloth marked with the Sky Pharaoh’s winged pyramid hieroglyph contains a number of transcribed recollections of several courtiers at Hakotep’s court. These accounts make passing references to the Sky Pharaoh having access to stolen Shory magic.

The afternoon reveals more secrets. A dusty, otherwise unremarkable scroll that Cahal finds contains a lengthy passage about the burial of Hakotep I, with a passing reference to his tomb having wings. The scroll also contains a tantalizing fragment of the confession of a member of a group called the Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather, who claimed that when the Sky Pharaoh was interred, his heart and funerary mask were stolen from his tomb before it was lost to the skies.

These two objects supposedly contained the pharaoh’s soul, but his body was left behind in the tomb. This confession was extracted in ~1560 ar, some 50 years after the pharaoh’s death. There are also references to considerable efforts by Hakotep’s successor, Pharaoh Djederet II, to round up members of the Sacrosanct Order for questioning. The results of the interrogations were recorded on a collection of scrolls called the Scrolls of Inquiry, but that collection is not held within the Spiral Archive.

Knowledge local or religion DC 20:
The Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather as a secretive sect of the priesthood of Nethys dedicated to the collection and preservation of knowledge.
- - -

Knowledge local or religion DC 25 (same roll):
The Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather is a secretive sect of the priesthood of Nethys dedicated to the collection and preservation of knowledge in all its forms, but with a special focus on arcane knowledge. The order is not necessarily concerned with keeping such information hidden, but secrecy is a useful tool for safeguarding it. The order’s members are also unconstrained by such mortal concerns as morality - the acquisition and preservation of the information is paramount, not the methods used to do so.
- - -

Finally, late in the day, a simple curator’s catalog reveals that the Scrolls of Inquiry were moved to another of the Inner Sanctum’s libraries, the Dark Depository 103 years ago. You have no information on this Dark Depository however. It’s possible that there is information here about it, but dusk is fast approaching, and you need to collect your notes and other things and make haste for the main door to leave - lest you be in violation of the rules, and Tholurtu gets to have his way with you…

Research note:
I’m pushing you forward a little in the research. Your rolls the last two days have been horrible and Nidhi’s aid-another does little compared to what she’d do if she did her own work as Benedictus already succeeded. It feels like you aren’t enjoying the research so I'm making you a bit more successful in this library than your rolls show to move us along…

No need to return to this library for further research.
- - -


1 person marked this as a favorite.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Know (Religion)

"Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather, huh?" Zilchus scoffs, having somewhat heard of them before. "More like Scrotumsucks of the Blue Featherbrains for all the good they do. A bunch of analysis retentive Nethysian 'whoreders'," Zilchus laughs a bit at his own, very funny taunt.

Zilchus gets up and stretches his legs, looking at the piles of books.

"Are we done here? Is there more or are we out of time?" Zilchus looks ready to go, having learnt what he's willing to learn while being bored out of his gourd.

He looks at Flo and Ben for an answer.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

I was enjoying the research, anyway...

"I was right! I knew it! The Sky Pharaoh stole Shory secrets. This becomes ever more interesting, my friends..."

***

Knowledge (religion) check: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15

When it becomes clear the time inside the Spiral Archive is over, Ben reacts as a child taken away from a playing ground-he grunts, complains and whines about the injustice of his fate. For more than a moment, the idea of breaking the rules and staying inside beyond the end of their permission crosses Ben's mind, but he eventually gives up on that possibility. Too many risks, and too many people he cares for who could suffer the consequences.

"We are out of time. Let's leave this place...," he sadly answers to Zilchus.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Know Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"Nethys again..." comments Cahal as they make sense of the scroll she has found.

As they prepare to exit, she says: "Well, that was way more fun than I thought it would. Mow we find this Dark repository, right?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Cahal, Zilchus, mind to explain me what is this story about Nethys? You are both complaining about the All-Seeing Eyes for no reason and...What precisely is a...Scrot...Oh, now I get it...," Ben makes a displeased expression, rolling his eyes to the ceiling and such that one usually makes when someone says a pun that is not so hilarious as he had thought.

"No, seriously. Is there something I'm missing? Do you know what this Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather is, apart from bunch of analysis retentive Nethysian ... 'whoreders'?!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party gathers their gear as they chat, and heads to the portcullis, passing the now empty reading room as they go. Tholurtu comes out to meet you, "Did you steal anything?" he asks hopefully, looking for a reason to engage the party in heroic battle.


Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"Cahal, Zilchus, mind to explain me what is this story about Nethys? You are both complaining about the All-Seeing Eyes for no reason and...What precisely is a...Scrot...Oh, now I get it..."

Zilchus shrugs. "I don't know much about them, really. But they are a sect of the Nuthysians. But I mean, who really cares about all the sects of *that* god?"

"Maybe we can ask her majesty if she knows anything about them."

* * *

"Nah, but we took care of one of them Unvisible Stalkery things. Dead...and left the body for you. If you can find it. It's in there. We had a nice time in your library, thanks for being such a good host," Zilchus answers on his way out.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

"And we'll probably be back, once we get an authorization again." adds Cahal with a provoking smile. "Your eminence. she adds a bit later, with a hint of venom in the tone.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"You are a pillar of wit and charm," Florence remarks to Zilchus with a roll of her eyes but there's no real venom in her tone, just the mild sarcasm one might see used in the company of companionable companions.

"I don't know, do you even think she'd give us authorization a second time? I sort of doubt it," she adds as they make their way back out of the Spiral Archives. "But then again, folks like Muminofrah are known for being pretty capricious so who knows? For now though, I'm ready for a proper meal and rest in a proper bed again. We can figure out where this Dark Suppository place is in the morning."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Before the party reaches the ceustodaemon, Ben whispers something to his companions, his tone a little conspiratorial.

"Have you asked yourselves why was that statue there? And what happened to the invisible stalker we injured? And what about the other one? This place still holds many mysteries, and I feel like we will regret not to have solved them, sooner or later..."

As before, in presence of the daemon Ben stays silent. The beast disgusts him, both physically and morally, and he can feel quite distinctly the urge to leave the room where Tholurtu is.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You wait by the door a short while before it opens. The librarians are standing there and gesture for you to exit the Spiral Archives. With perhaps one last look for some of you, an eagerness for others, you leave the chambers behind.

A crowd of scholars and students surround you, and it isn't long before someone asks about the Archive. "What does it look like? How is the collection? What did you research? Did you find what you were after?" Question after question eventually bombards the party with their scholarly excitement.

You wade through the crowd, and the inquiry, and out into he streets of Tephu! Though it is late, it is still hot, the city having suffered a heat wave while you were below among the cool stones. You make your way to the inn where the fans are going over the restaurant. You are greeted warmly by the proprietor, "Welcome back my friends, your rooms have been kept to your liking. Please, please, come in, come in!"

And so the evening passes without further incident with food food, good wine, and good company.

The following morning, Starday 28 Sarenith, 4714, the sun rises hot in the sky and you're sweating by the time you meet for breakfast.

What are your plans today?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben moves as a famous Chelish diva making her way through a crowd of adoring fans. He makes every effort to focus the attention on himself, so that his companions can leave the scene without revealing dangerous information to the public.

"Read my book and you will know!," Ben answers to the scholars gathered around him. "It will be available soon. Inside you will find the answer to all of your questions, and much, much more my estimed colleagues!"

Ben smiles confidently and twists away from the crowd.

***

The next morning, Ben meets with the others for breakfast somewhere private. "So, what are our plans? I would like to know more about this Dark Depository, since it sounds like our best bet so far, but I have no idea about where to start from. I mean, the haughty-a isn't likely to allow us to access the Spiral Archive once again..."

Ben sips his milk, and ensues. "There is something I could do about it, although I don't know to what results it will take us. But I guess it is worth trying. The only problems is that I need what in wizardry is known as a focus component. In this case a silver mirror...and a precious one at that. With it, I could observe the mysterious woman in the library from here, provided that the Spiral Archive are not magically warded against scrying, which it might be the case..."


-1SI,+1BS. -1AB,+1EE.

Zilchus, already having a hot and uncomfortable night, prays for a bit of relief from the Great Crocodile. With the correct prayer, it will feel as if Zilchus swims in the cooling river with the crocodiles though he stands in the burning sun.

At breakfast, Zilchus is much more of himself. It's better than being hungover and better than being trapped in a library. He has things to look at, people to speak with, and women to discreetly ogle.

Ben wrote:
"So, what are our plans?"

Zilchus shrugs.

"Seems like we should destroy the thing. If it's part of some soul, we should put it to rest. Send it off to Pharasma...you know, do what the Pharmasmooks failed to do all that time ago. We need to send the soul on by destroying the Mask," Zilchus grouses. "Seems to me all we're doing is cleaning up after the Pharasmooks. Don't what they can't. Well, let's do that and be done with it."

Zilchus looks about for a good chopping surface and fingers his adamantine falchion.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Ahh, Nidhi will research separately in the future.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

~*~*~*~

GM Euan wrote:
A crowd of scholars and students surround you, and it isn't long before someone asks about the Archive. "What does it look like? How is the collection? What did you research? Did you find what you were after?" Question after question eventually bombards the party with their scholarly excitement.

Nidhi is glad she thought to reapply her disguise spell before exiting the Spiral Archive. "Yes, yes," Nidhi tries to shoo (but not really) the crowd away. "As the heroes of Wati, we've got more important work to do. For Wati and Tephu!" Nidhi tries to rile up the crowd with patriotism. "Excuse me. Excuse me. Important and hungry heroes coming through. I know we're cutting you all short, but believe me, Nidhi Aashirya: if the world needs our help" Nidhi strikes a heroic pose: "we'll be there!"

GM Euan wrote:

You wade through the crowd, and the inquiry, and out into he streets of Tephu! Though it is late, it is still hot, the city having suffered a heat wave while you were below among the cool stones. You make your way to the inn where the fans are going over the restaurant. You are greeted warmly by the proprietor, "Welcome back my friends, your rooms have been kept to your liking. Please, please, come in, come in!"

And so the evening passes without further incident with food food, good wine, and good company.

Nidhi excises herself before ordering food so she can reposition the mask. The stores it under her cloak wrapped to her chest by the outer blue silk scarf. It's not comfortable and Nidhi has to adjust her clothing every now and then.

Nidhi sings some folk tale about a gnome who fell in love with an elf. Ale slooshes out of her tankard as she waves her arms to the melody like a conductor. More of the beverage ends on up the ground and table than in her mouth.

Perform (Sing): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29

"The gnome came to the tavern every night alone.
Sat up on the stool so much, they called it his home.
But one day a tall mysterious traveler came to his place.
Unknowingly the he-elf sat squarely on his face!

It was a nasty shock to both, down to the bone.
But the elf's robes were the same color as the gnome's own.
A neon shade of green so pleasing to a gnome's eye -
He couldn't help but fall in love with the other guy!

The gnome returned with a bouquet of flowers personally sown.
A gift to the handsome elf who received them with a groan.
'Stop! Wait! Don't leave!' The gnome did cry!
So lords and ladies look before you sit or your life may turn awry!"

Nidhi is being silly as she addresses all of the tavern patrons as lords and ladies. She takes a galliant bow and publicly confesses: "I love gnomes! It's all in good fun, am I right?" Nidhi tries to draw up cheers from the crowd.

After her performance, Nidhi retires to their room. As much as she enjoys merriment, she's an early riser at heart.

~*~*~*~

NIdhi wakes up early and practices her acrobatics in the ladies' sleeping room before breakfast. She washes up, eats, and adorns the mask before joining everyone at the table.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"So, what are our plans? I would like to know more about this Dark Depository, since it sounds like our best bet so far, but I have no idea about where to start from. I mean, the haughty-a isn't likely to allow us to access the Spiral Archive once again..."

"Whatever you want to do is fine with me, Ben. You're the scholar after all. Haven't this been the happiest week of your life? I mean... Being in such an exclusive library." Nidhi resists the urge to prop her feet on the table since the others are eating. Instead, she gazes around the tavern/inn.

Perception (muscular women, dragons, jars of honey): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Well...I think we need to either try and find out more information about this Dark Depository specifically or maybe see if we can learn more about this Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather," Florence suggests at breakfast the next morning. "Based on what we do know, those two things are the most obvious leads we've got. Now, I don't know if the regular sections of the Great Library would have any information about either one but maybe it's worth a look?"

As she sips on her cup of coffee, another thought occurs to Florence. "Hey Ben? Did uh...did our little friend find what he was looking for?" She glances around, figuring that if Ptolemy happened to still be nearby that he'd likely be hiding. "Or maybe he can tell us himself, later?"


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

"Before we destroy it, we should find out about that Depository. I say we ask our Patron for some access, yes?" Cahal suggests.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party lingers over breakfast discussing options - destruction, further research, and more time with the ever entertained Muminofrah.


Zilchus grunts, not looking forward to more research, but will go along with the party.

”Do you think any of the Nuthingsyans in Wati know anything about the Scotumsuck Featherbrains? If they are there, we might have better connections than here,” Zilchus offers helpfully.


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Yeah, that's always an option too," Florence agrees. "And so is just destroying the mask but I'd kiiiiiinda like to save that one as a last resort since we don't know what'll happen if we try it. By all accounts it's a pretty powerful item and I'd hate to leave Tephu or Wati as a smoking crater, you know?"

"But anyway, we do need to decide what to do today," she continues. "If we want to cover more ground, we can always split up again since we seem to do more damage that way. Some of us go visit the Great Library again and maybe the rest go see if Muminofrah will speak with us. Heck, maybe one or two of us could even make the trip to Wati and back today. What else do we have to do?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

§ 1. MAKING PLANS

Florence:
You hear a voice inside your head. “Found? No I was not looking for anything in particular. Just to see the place. And mark it!” You hear a giggle and then nothing more.

I believe Flo is right,” says Ben, smiling in her direction. “We should split. In this way, we will be able to give all the possibilities we have listed a try.”

Ben pulls out a blank parchment out of an interior pouch of his tunic and lays is down on the table. He quickly retrieves his inkpen and inkpot and starts scribbling down his plan.

Let’s consider our situation. Personally, I think that we have three main options available: the first is to see Muminofra, and ask her some information, and perhaps even another day in the Spiral Archive. The second is to ask some questions to the Nethysians about the Order. The third is to perform more research in the Great Library.

Ben meditates for a few seconds, staring at each of his companions in turn.

I’m willing to undertake research together with Ptolomy. The two of us will be enough, I hope. As for Muminofra, I suggest Cahal and Nidhi pay a visit to her. She seemed to like Nidhi’s stories.”

Ben nervously glances at Zilchus, hoping that his friend will see why he is not advocating for him going with Nidhi, or to Muminofra.

Lastly, Florence and Zilchus could ask some questions to the Nethysians. But please be careful my friends. I’m sure someone else is on our same game, and making known that we know about the Order could put us in danger and earn us some unwanted attentions. Be discreet.

Eventually, Ben stretches and yawns. “A long day awaits us, mate!” he says to an invisible presence on his shoulder. “But first we need to do something together buddy. We must tie to each other. Come with me.

Ben stands up and walks to his room, not before wishing his friends luck.

§ 2. ESTABLISHING BONDS

Listen Ptolomy,” Ben explains as soon as the two are in the scholar’s room, “I want you to become my partner. I promise I will let you mark everything you want as far as it will not put us in danger. And I can also promise you excitement, fun and a lot of knowledge. But in order to share all this, we need to undertake a ritual. It will take long, so we will not perform it today as we have more urgent tasks, but I’m just saying. Be prepared. Chill, it will not hurt.”

§ 3. MAKING PURCHASES

On his way to the library, Ben stops by several shops to buy a few items for Ptolomy. He takes advantage of the situation to explain to his next familiar what he expects from him in combat and to familiarize with him.

Ben tries to buy the equivalent of spring-loaded wrist sheet for Ptolomy. If it needs to be specifically tailored for the faerie dragon, Ben will accept to pay up to 100 gp for the custom item. Also, Ben will try to buy the material components for the bonding ritual.

§ 4. RESEARCHING

Upon their arrival to the Great Library, Ben and Ptolomy start their research with a meticulous method: the faerie dragons, while remaining invisible, will look for potentially interesting tomes flying from shelf to shelf. Ben, in the meantime, will study some of the tomes found by Ptolomy, focusing in particular on learning something about the Sacrosant Order Zilchus told him about and any information about the Dark Depository and its location.
_______________________
Not intending to be authoritative guys, just trying to push the game a bit in the time of need. Feel free to act differently from the way Ben proposed.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
“I’m willing to undertake research together with Ptolomy. The two of us will be enough, I hope. As for Muminofra, I suggest Cahal and Nidhi pay a visit to her. She seemed to like Nidhi’s stories.”

Nidhi thinks back to the throne of pillows and overall extravagance. "Well, I guuuuuuuuess we could go talk to her again." Nidhi casts a glance over at Zilchus and snickers.

She places a hand on her hip and tilts her head: "But what am I supposed to ask her? Besides for more time in the Spiral Archive." Nidhi blinks and stares at Ben for a moment before continuing: "If I'm being honest, I polished off a whole jar of honey in past 24 hours and I haven't been able to focus."


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Ben:

Florence jumps a little, but then offers a wry smile.

So you're the world's tiniest thrill-seeker? That works. Our little group is plenty eclectic as it is, so what's one more to the mix?

"A whole jar!? I'm amazed you're not sick," Florence gapes. "Seems like I can't even tolerate much more than pastry or two at a time before the sweetness gets to be too much...and used to be, I could've eaten a whole plate without it bothering me. So much for being an adult..."

She sighs and then looks at Zilchus. "Well, I guess you and me are heading to Wati...or wherever the closest Nethysian temple is, anyway. We should get going; sooner begun, sooner done and all that."

And hopefully I can keep him from cramming his entire self in his mouth...
_______

Sooo...is there a Nethysian temple in Tephu? :)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 7

The party splits up to try and cover more ground. (I’m going to leave all of this in the open as I’m sure you’ll fill each other in later and a series of spoilers is so hard to read. :) Some of you will take longer than others, please try and post frequently so we’re not all waiting. Thanks!)

Benedictus and his new friend head to the library after a stop at a leatherworker for a spring loaded wrist sheath. Or so he seeks. The shopkeeper looks incredulously at his tiny companion however. ”A sheath such as you suggest won’t fit on this little guy’s arm. And if I do manage to strap something on there, it’ll severely limit his motion. No, that won’t work.”

”What I can do is modify one of these.” he takes out a scroll tube, and shows Benedictus the mechanism inside for pushing out a single scroll, wand, or other similar (and light) object. ”We could strap this to his back, between the wings, with straps here.” he points over the shoulders, ”and here. Shouldn’t restrict his movement too much and will largely have the same effect.”

He offers to do the crafting for 55gp.

- - -

Meanwhile, Zilchus and Florence head to the church of Nethys to see what there is to discover. (It’s the main church in town actually, the one where you met the haty-a, so no need to travel to Wati.) You are welcomed into the high church as there are no services at the moment, but there are still crowds of faithful giving prayer and just simply admiring the architecture - for it is a most beautiful church. Not sure how you want to proceed, but you can easily get an audience with Deaconess Sekek, servant to haty-a Deka An-Keret, and a powerful priest in her own right.

- - -

Finally Cahal and Nidhi walk to Muminofrah’s pleasure barge, hoping to convince her to give them another day in the Spiral Archive. (Please note, I mentioned to you that further research on the Forgotten Pharaoh will reveal nothing further, but there are other things that might be researched there. Also, the Dark Depository is one of the inner libraries you need permission to access.)

However, as Cahal and Nidhi are walking along, Cahal catches, out of the corner of her eye, the flash of a cold iron crossbow bolt headed right for her heart! Something drips from the bolt as it flies, and the shooter looks somewhat imposing (image).

Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 damage: 1d10 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (4, 4, 1, 6, 5) = 26 plus DC 17 Fort or Strength damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

As the bolt breezes by Cahal, barely missing, a couple who was walking the other way and sees the fracas, turns around and runs off to the south.

-Round Surprise-
Good Folks - 5
- Round 1-
Nidhi - 9
Good Folks - 5
Cahal - 2

Initiative Rolls:

Cahal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Good Folk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Next up - Nidhi in round one, then the assassin again.

(To be clear, this scene is supposed to be a save or die against the assassin, in addition to everything else. However, I avoid that as it’s no fun for anyone to die on one die roll. Though with a split party, we shall see...)


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Round 1:

Will there be a map? The spell I want Nidhi to cast is currently limited to 45 feet.

Nidhi angles herself to be behind Cahal. As her move action, she takes out her longbow.

Nidhi yells at their attacker: "Hey! Do you even know who you just attacked?!" Nidhi casts Terrible Remorse on the assassin.

Will DC = 10 + Spell Level (3) + Primary Casting Mod (5) = DC18?

Do you have to roll to hit with spells? D:

To hit (idk bonuses): 1d20 ⇒ 20

Cahal, if you want to stay and fight, Nidhi plans on casting Eyebite next round.


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"They sure know how to build buildings here in Osirion," Florence marvels quietly to Zilchus as they make their way into the church of Nethys. "Most of the buildings back home in Cassomir are pretty drab, especially in comparison to something like this."

She looks around for a moment and waves down the nearest priest or acolyte that she can see. "Um, excuse me! Is the Deaconess Sekek free right now? We'd like to speak with her if possible," Florence explains. "It's nothing bad, we've just got some questions and I think she's probably the best one here to try and answer them. It hopefully won't take but a few minutes of her time."
_______

I'll be working tomorrow but I'll try and sneak in a post before I head out, if it's needed - or on my lunch break!


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Alright then! That will do, monsieur. When will this gadget be ready?"
_____________
Ptolomy's Knowledge (history) check (aid another): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 = 17

Knowledge (history) check to research (+3 Osirion; +2 aid another): 1d20 + 16 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 3 + 2 = 25


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

"By the Old Gods! Did this guy just try to kill me?!" blurts Cahal as she fails to think and rushes at the assassin.

If she can reach him and attack, she'll use her Knockout ability. If not, she'll just double move and stay as close to him as possible to prevent another bolt.

Knock Out Elbow to the Jaw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 291d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

If it hits: For DC 17 or unconscious 1d6 ⇒ 3 rounds, new save each round as a full-round action.


Zilchus takes Ben's assignment with some relief, pleased that he doesn't need to see Muminofrah, nor spend time alone with Nidhi. He looks at Florence and nods agreeably.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Well, I guess you and me are heading to Wati...or wherever the closest Nethysian temple is, anyway."

Zilchus will scarf down the rest of his breakfast and be ready to go soon after.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Um, excuse me! Is the Deaconess Sekek free right now? We'd like to speak with her if possible,"

Zilchus smiles at the acolyte, trying to seem presentable. As they are waiting to see the Deaconess, Zilchus admires the building, wondering when Wati is going to get a similar temple to the Great Crocodile.

"The Great Croc does not have such a nice temple for prayer. We got into the reeds by the river, and toss in chum to summon the crocs, each of us hoping to be touched by snout or tail. It is a great honor for one of their croc feet to step upon your own. I have never been blest like that."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi fires off a spell, trying to busy the would-be assassin with his own worries.
Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 vs DC 18 No need to roll to hit with spells unless they indicate that as a requirement. :) Also, thank you for linking to the spell - that's very helpful to me.

The assassin succumbs to the spell, only just, and smacks himself in the leg with his crossbow.
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Cahal then charges in and smacks the assassin in the jaw. He cries out, but something about his voice sounds... weird. In any event, he tries to resist the knockout (will save?)

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 vs DC 17

He slumps to the ground, dropping his crossbow.

- Round 1-
Good Folks - 5 (-13hp)
Cahal - 2
-Round 2-
Nidhi - 9

Next up - Nidhi (Cahal already went early).

- - -

Deaconess Sekek is in fact available, and joins you soon after the request is made. She sees you and smiles warmly as she walks across the church to you. ”How may I help you today? I’m afraid the haty-a is not here at present, but I can certainly pass along a message, or attempt to get you an audience tomorrow if you wish.”

- - -

”Give me the day.” the craftsman murmurs thinking. ”Might be tomorrow, but I think I can make it work. You’ll need to stay for a half hour or so while I do the final fittings all well, so prepare for that.” he’ll also ask for a small deposit, just 5gp toward the work, for some of the supplies.

As for the ritual establishing Ptolomy as your familiar, I’m fine doing that whenever. Should take but an hour or so - with the right environment and mystical supplies.

Benedictus then heads back to the library and begins his day of research. You’re not very clear on exactly what you’re researching this day, but I'll presume it’s information on the Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather (also more of a knowledge religion check than knowledge history - but we’ll roll with it for now). You learn surprisingly little in fact, and it becomes apparent the library has been largely scrubbed of information regarding the Order.

You do find one hand-scrawled note in an obscure Nethyian text. From that singular piece of information, you learn the Sacrosanct Order of the Blue Feather is a secretive sect of the priesthood of Nethys dedicated to the collection and preservation of knowledge in all its forms, but with a special focus on arcane knowledge. The order is not necessarily concerned with keeping such information hidden, but secrecy is a useful tool for safeguarding it. The order’s members are also unconstrained by such mortal concerns as morality - the acquisition and preservation of the information is paramount, not the methods used to do so.

Of course that's just one persons view of the organization and, so far, uncorroborated.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Looking at the map, I can charge the assassin, yes? If so, then +2 to hit (and -2 AC, but don't tell him...).


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Round 2:

Nidhi moves 30 feet (see map) to stand beside Cahal. She casts Detect Magic on their foe. "Do you have rope, Cahal? I have a coil in my pack." Nidhi silently thanks herself for buying it at the initial start of their tomb exploration. Nidhi saves Eyebite for now.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi closes with the assassin and detects magic. There are auras in the area of effect (which likely includes Cahal - so take that with a grain of salt for now).

The poor man tries to resist the many spells upon him.

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 vs DC 18 (terrible remorse)
Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 vs DC 17 (knockout)

As Desna smiles her loving face down upon you, you'll have an opportunity to tie the man up or coupe de grace him - we are out of initiative. Let me know your plans - the streets are clear of observers at this time, though you hear the shout of "Guards!" coming from the south some ways away so you won't be alone for long.

The first thing you'll notice is that the man has no tongue. It's been cut, cleanly, at the base...


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Huh...that sounds too scary for me," Florence admits. "But I guess if you can understand how a crocodile thinks - or any animal - then interacting with them would be easier."

She looks at Zilchus, realizing that she doesn't actually know that much about him - not really. "Your speech the other day, on the barge - that was actually pretty inspiring. What led you to The Great Crocodile, if you don't mind me asking?"
_______

"Hello! Actually, we were kind of hoping to not bother the haty-a today," Florence explains. "Especially not after we uh, went over her head, so to speak. We just had some questions and thought you might be able to help. And rather than beat around the bush, I'll get right to the point: Is there anything you can tell us about the Sancrosanct Order of the Blue Feather?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 5

With Florence and Zilchus, she frowns in thought for a few moments. "No... I don't think I've heard of them. Can you give me some clues? What sort of holy order are they? Which god are they associated with for instance?"


Florence Corvina wrote:
"Your speech the other day, on the barge - that was actually pretty inspiring. What led you to The Great Crocodile, if you don't mind me asking?"

Zilchus struggles to recall what he said back then.

"Ah! Why the Great Crocodile? Because I see the weakness in the other 'gods'. Because on the Crocodile promises strength while the others bather and fail to lead their people. If we want Osirion to be strong, we need a strong God, and that is why I call upon the Great Crocodile every morning. And I like to think that he thinks I am worthy because he answers my prayers," Zilchus answers seriously.

* * *

GM Euan wrote:
"No... I don't think I've heard of them. Can you give me some clues? What sort of holy order are they? Which god are they associated with for instance?"

She sits on a throne of lies! I know it!

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Sense Motive - Or not.

"Nethys. We thought you might know of them. If you don't, no worries, we're sorry to have wasted your time."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As the Deaconess chats with Zilchus and Florence she seems, to Zilchus anyway, to be quite sincere.

"Ahh, Nethys, of course. I should have guessed as you are asking me after all!" she chuckles at her own foolishness. "I'm not familiar with any sect of that kind associated with Nethys, but then there are many, and I know of only a few. Seems every church is it's own 'sect' in one way or another." she smiles.

"If you like, I'll ask around and see if anyone has heard anything. Stop back in a day or two and I'll let you know what I find." She seems genuinely willing to ask around the church for you.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Nidhi puts away her bow. She'll hold off on binding the unconscious assassin if guards are coming. She assumes they'll provide some kind of justice. Nidhi will reapply her disguise spell to hide her mask and makes her hair appear more lustrous, her eyes sparkle with tears. [ooc]Taking 30.[ooc]

Nidhi clings to Cahal's arm. "Oh! Cahal!" Nidhi raises the back of her hand to her forehead, "I thought I was going to be murdered! Who sent that assassin?!" Nidhi theatrically sways up against Cahal's shoulder. "Oh! I feel so...off-kilter." Nidhi stands up straight, "but no matter! It'll take more than a puny assassin to take down the Saviors of Wati!"

"We should deliver this assassin to the beautiful Muminofra herself! It's clear someone doesn't want us uncovering the secrets of the Spiral Archive!" Nidhi glances around conspiratorily (just for show.) "All the more reason for why we must stay vigilant!" Nidhi concludes her theatrical display.

Perform (playing the part of a valiant hero): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27

"Guards! Don't dally! I'm sure you already recognize who we are. The heroes of Wati. The Saviors against the Undead Uprising! Carry this unconscious assassin. We have matters of grave importance to discuss with Lady Muminofra." Nidhi waves her hand over the assassin's body.

Diplomacy (guards): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

"Let's go. I'll tell you of our tale of greatness as we walk."


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal hurries to tie up the assassin before he wakes and kicks his lights out for good measure. (Non-lethal damage)

To Nidhi: "Let's go! Quickly! Yes, before the guards arrive! Find me a big carpet if you can." and charges the tied up assassin on her back.

"He can't talk, but perhaps he can write..." she comments and takes off with her charge, hoping to get lost in the crowd.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

"But- wha- you don't want to guards to help? This looks even more suspicious!" Nidhi chases after Cahal with the unconscious assassin bobbing over the brawler's shoulder.


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Huh..." Florence muses, looking thoughtful. "That makes sense. And it shows that you care a lot about your home - that's a good thing." But she's unable to leave it at that; instead she shoots Zilchus an appraising look. "But you really think all the other gods are weak? Not just Pharasma or Nethys but even the other gods and goddesses of Osirion? Wouldn't at least a few of them have some good points?"
_______

Though disappointed that Deaconess Sekek doesn't seem able to provide them any immediate help, Florence's expression brightens by the priestess' offer to ask around. "You'd be willing to do that for us? We'd really appreciate it, especially since I'm sure you've already got plenty to do as it is. Thank you!"

Florence is almost ready to excuse herself, and Zilchus, but then she remembers that there's one other thing to ask about. "Oh, before we go...some of our research turned up mention of another archive, separate from the Great Library or the Spiral Archive, called the Dark Depository. Is there anything that you could tell us about it?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 4

Cahal and Nidhi grab the body and run through the streets (currently no crowd). It's not long before they do see people however, and they're getting some very uncomfortable looks from people as they're carrying a bound unconscious man away from the nearest guard post instead of toward it.

It's not long before they do encounter a passing guard though, who wants to know more about what exactly they're doing. "Ho there, do you need some assistance? You seem to have a man bound there. Perhaps I can be of assistance."

- - -

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 17

The Deaconess thinks a moment and replies to Florence and Zilchus, "That certainly sounds like a part of the great library, and I think I've heard the term before. I'll tell you what though. Ask the Curators. If it's a part of the library, they'll know about it and can tell you more. It's familiar, and I think it's a part of the library, but beyond that I'm really not sure what it contains."


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12
GM Euan wrote:
It's not long before they do encounter a passing guard though, who wants to know more about what exactly they're doing. "Ho there, do you need some assistance? You seem to have a man bound there. Perhaps I can be of assistance."

Nidhi doesn't want to run from the law because she sees herself as a hero, not anyone who's committed a crime or done something wrong. Besides, running isn't Nidhi's style unless giant bugs, free food, or Cahal's derrière is involved.

Nidhi attempts one of her best dazzling smiles: "Why yes! You can! We were on our way to meet with the lovely Muminofra when we were attacked by this person." Nidhi gestures to the unconscious body.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 My roll isn't as good. We shouldn't have run -_-"

"We're the - Saviors of Wati. Perhaps you've... heard of us?" Nidhi raises an eyebrow and strokes her chin.


Florence Corvina wrote:
"But you really think all the other gods are weak? Not just Pharasma or Nethys but even the other gods and goddesses of Osirion? Wouldn't at least a few of them have some good points?"

Zilchus snorts.

"Have you seen strength from Pharasma recently? They have one job and they are failing at it. The dead are rising and, not only that, but the long dead seem to be rising as well. They have one job," Zilchus grouses. "I'm willing to accept some minor flaws, but c'mon..."

Zilchus looks around about thinks about Nethys.

"They are doing a less bad job than the Pharasmooks, but c'mon...books? Reading? Knowledge? Boring. I know because I've spent what seems like weeks studying things and we can't even find the answers. And, not only that, their 'special' library is overrun with stalkers. I mean, sheesh."

Zilchus shakes his head.

"No, not all gods are bad. That good one, the fighty one? Gorum? He's bad ass. And so is Calistria. At least she's honest and her followers believe in her and live like her. Yeah, them gods are pretty good."

"What do you think, Flo? You think these Pharasmooks and Nuthinians are great?"

* * * *

Zilchus thanks the Deaconess again for her time (though she seems to know next to nothing) and leaves with Florence. I assume they are going to meet up with the group.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal shrugs and adds, puffing up her demeanour as she speak: "This man is a captive. He tried to kill us and we need to bring him to our patron, the royal and regal Muminofra. You'd best help us carry him there, lest your head ends on the pointy head of a stick, watching her collection of exquisite exotic bird with glazed eyes..."

FrA: Using Martial flex to gain Intimidating Prowess.

Intimidate with IP: 1d20 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 5 = 32


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:

Nidhi attempts one of her best dazzling smiles: "Why yes! You can! We were on our way to meet with the lovely Muminofra when we were attacked by this person." Nidhi gestures to the unconscious body.

"We're the - Saviors of Wati. Perhaps you've... heard of us?" Nidhi raises an eyebrow and strokes her chin.

The man smiles, but is not entirely convinced. "Ma'am, I've not heard of you, but I have heard of Muminofra, and I doubt she'd be interested in such matters."

He's about to continue, when Cahal cuts him off with a controlled shout, at least to him.

Cahal ud'Din wrote:
Cahal shrugs and adds, puffing up her demeanour as she speak: "This man is a captive. He tried to kill us and we need to bring him to our patron, the royal and regal Muminofra. You'd best help us carry him there, lest your head ends on the pointy head of a stick, watching her collection of exquisite exotic bird with glazed eyes..."

The guard looks shocked at Cahal's claim, and seems ready to deny her, however, "As you wish, but I suspect you're in for more trouble, not less."

He picks up the man's feet, and helps Cahal with the carrying.

After a short walk (though it seems a little longer with such a heavy package), you reach the pleasure barge - or at least the guards thereof. You bluster your way through without too much difficulty as Muminofra catches sight of Cahal and waives you over.

"Done with the library so soon? Where is my Zilchus?" she demands to know, ignoring the body you're dragging with you (who's awake now, but not squirming) once she sees it's not him.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12
GM Euan wrote:
"Done with the library so soon? Where is my Zilchus?" she demands to know, ignoring the body you're dragging with you (who's awake now, but not squirming) once she sees it's not him.

"I'm pleased to see you're looking vibrant and in good health!" Nidhi bows. I hope she invites us to join her for food and cushion seats again.

"Oh, Zilchus? Zilchus was worried you might distract him from his duties to Wati and Tephu!"

Bluff (Zilchus): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"He's one of our most durable members of our party, you see. We depend on his muscle."

"Lovely Muminofra!" Nidhi bows again. "We have so much to do, to research, and not enough time for play. Cahal and I needed a break from those stuffy old texts so we came to visit you." Nidhi gestures to the luxuries that surround Muminofra, "it's difficult to return to our normal adventuring after experiencing your rays of sunlight. Everything around you is bright and wonderful."

Nidhi changes topics: "Might I interest in some tales from our adventures? Since the man himself isn't here, I can speak of Zilchus' feats! Of his brawn and-" Nidhi hesitates. She was about to says 'brains' but catches herself: "bravery!"

"Even when we first met him, it was clear he wore his muscle well. He seemed to already know Abdur before the lottery too. I think he has some noble blood in him. Perhaps that's why you two are so well matched!" Nidhi winks. She's not in any rush to leave. The way she sees it, Ben, Florence, and Zilchus can show up after they've finished their business.

3,751 to 3,800 of 5,562 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.