Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,716 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

"No Zilchus, wait!" Ben feels a natural suspicion about chasing the thug. When he hears him choke and rave about falling dogs, Benedictus shakes his head, his suspicions confirmed. But it's too late to stop Zilchus now.

Oh, damn!

Not wanting to abandon his friends, Benedictus slowly begins to follow them.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence:
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

You take 1d3 ⇒ 1 Wisdom damage, and suffer the effects of Confusion as per the spell.
1d100 ⇒ 93 You attack Zilchus!

Feel free to describe fully. You may see hallucinations, auditory and/or visual if you like, but it's not required. You are also having trouble breathing, but it's not so serious... yet.
- - -

Florence runs around the corner and attacks Zilchus with her longspear!

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

She barely misses the warrior.

Zilchus and Florence:
You must each attack each other until the effect wears off, as per confusion.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 17

Benedictus cautiously moves forward even as the air thickens around him. Zilchus rushes into the room. Cahal rushes into the room. Nidhi runs back to gather her bow. Florence charges around the corner, and into the room!

Beakers, cauldrons, and other alchemical equipment crowd several tables in this cramped room. A recently deceased body sprawls across the floor, ringed with broken glass, its face concealed behind a brass funerary mask. A fine mist, scarcely noticeable, hangs in the air making breathing difficult, and dangerous!

Lucky stops screaming, rushes to the next doors, and flings them open. Nidhi, you can see him behind you.

Everyone effected by the poison may make another Fort save at the top of your round (DC 15). If you succeed, you may act normally.

- Round 6-
Benedictus - 33
Nidhi - 10
Florence - 4 (-0hp, -1, 2)
Zilchus - 4- (-10hp, -3, 2)
Cahal - 3+ (-8hp, -1, 2)
Good Folks - 3- (-15hp, -3)

Next up - everyone!


HP 44/48 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11 | MF 1/5 used | KO 0/1 used | Buffs:

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Cahal, now able to think, continues to rush after the bandit, noticing they're going in circles. She catches up to the man at the door and fly kicks him.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 281d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Enough running around!"


Round 6

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Fort

Zilchus does something, but he's not even sure what it is...but it's crazy, that's for sure!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus:
As I mentioned above, you must attack Florence until the effect wears off or you make your save as per Confusion.

But you can certainly do it in a crazy manner. :)
- - -


Zilchus comes out of his crazed dis-focus into a crazed focus on Florence, you dared attack him, the guy who totally doesn't deserve to be attacked.

He swings from the heels at Florence.

"You smell like poop!"

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 to hit;
2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 = 14 damage.


HP: 34/34 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 15 l F +5, R +3, W +4 l Remedies (6/6) l L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3, L3: 2/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +17, Diplomacy +6, Fly +6, Heal +8, Kn. Arcana/Nature +11, Kn. Planes +7, Profession: Herbalism +12, Spellcraft +10, Swim +6, UMD +9
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 17, HP: 17/17

Round 6, Initiative 4

Fort (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Wait, what?" Florence says, shaking her head as she shakes off the odd compulsion that had come over her. "Guys watch out, there's some sort of, of...something up here!" she calls back to Ben and Nidhi. She attempts to hurry her way through the rest of the room and catch up to Cahal, but doesn't anticipate Zilchus bringing his blade to bear against her!
______

Florence will keep double-moving since I figure she's unaware that Zilch is still in an odd state, at least until he shanks her I mean.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Florence Corvina wrote:
"Wait, what?"

"I said you smell like poop," Zilchus says in a weirdly controlled monotone while his eyes are full of crazy. "The smell of poop smells like poop! AND IT MAKES ME MAD!"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

Thanks to Florence's warning, Benedictus decides to follow his instinct and not to chase the lucky opponent and his friend past the corner. Instead, he goes back to where Nidhi is, hoping to circumvent the foe and attack it from behind. As soon as he reaches his intended position, though, Benedictus spots the enemy. "He's here!"

The Exchange

HP 22/22 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Dis Dvce +7 +2 | Diplo +8 | Perform +14 Neutral Human Bard/4

Round 6:

Nidhi's eyes widen, "That guy!" She moves to get a better shot of the escaping person. (See map.)

To hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Probably not.

Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 9

Benedictus wisely backtracks the other way. Zilchus whirls around on Florence and defends himself. Cahal rushes ahead and drops poor lucky in his tracks. Nidhi comes around and levels her bow, but the target is down so she can save an arrow. Florence too moves up.

More Fort saves from Cahal, Florence, and Zilchus. The first two as they’re still in the gas and the last as the poison is still coursing through his system.

- Round 7-
Benedictus - 33
Nidhi - 10
Florence - 4 (-0hp, -1wis)
Zilchus - 4- (-10hp, -3wis, 3)
Cahal - 3+ (-8hp, -1wis)
Good Folks - 3- (-25hp, -3wis, unconscious)

Next up - everyone!


Round 7

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Fort

Zilchus does something, probably chasing Florence and the (imaginary?) smell of poop.

Double move after Florence, I think.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 7 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 33 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Benedictus rushes into the room only to see the others quickly dealing with the lucky thug. The scholar seems relieved both from the good outcome of the fight and because his predictions revealed themselves to be true: it was unwise to chase the thug, and it was unnecessary to waste precious resources on this fight. For the first time, Ben feels like he’s done the right choice while under pressure.

Hey, all, get away from there!


HP: 34/34 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 15 l F +5, R +3, W +4 l Remedies (6/6) l L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3, L3: 2/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +17, Diplomacy +6, Fly +6, Heal +8, Kn. Arcana/Nature +11, Kn. Planes +7, Profession: Herbalism +12, Spellcraft +10, Swim +6, UMD +9
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 17, HP: 17/17

Round 7, Initiative 4

Fort (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Poop?? I don't-ARGH!" Florence shrieks, having been completely unprepared for Zilchus to strike at her with his blade. As she gets a good look at his crazy eyes, she does the first thing that comes to mind - she turns and runs, dripping blood everywhere as she goes.

"Zilchus, stop! What's wrong with you!? Get away from me!" she screams as she bolts past Cahal, the downed thug, back into the room they'd just left, and past Ben and Nidhi.
______

Florence double-moves to her current position!


HP 44/48 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11 | MF 1/5 used | KO 0/1 used | Buffs:

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Cahal moves up to the others: "Don't go in that room..." she warns.

She turns to the room where they got ambushed: "Right. Where were we?" and walks over to its enttance.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

With only Zilchus still succumbing to the poison (another 1d3 ⇒ 2 wisdom damage) and chasing Florence around the room, we're out of combat.

As the party collects themselves and determine what healing, if any, can be managed, the gas settles out of the chamber and into the two adjoining rooms where it effectively dissipates. After a minute or two, you determine it's probably safe to go back in the lab, if you chose to.

The Exchange

HP 22/22 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Dis Dvce +7 +2 | Diplo +8 | Perform +14 Neutral Human Bard/4

Nidhi moves to inspect and see what the guy had on him. (See map) As she looks him over, she thinks to herself: What in the world were Zilchus and Florence doing? Something about poop? Nidhi shakes her head, no thanks. I'm not going to go check that out.

Nidhi remembers hearing Zilchus and Florence yelling:

Nidhi recalls Zilchus and Florence yelling in the next room wrote:

"I said you smell like poop," Zilchus says in a weirdly controlled monotone while his eyes are full of crazy. "The smell of poop smells like poop! AND IT MAKES ME MAD!"

"Poop?? I don't-ARGH!"

"Zilchus, stop! What's wrong with you!? Get away from me!"

I really don't want to know. Nidhi makes a grossed-out face.

Cahal ud'Din wrote:
Cahal moves up to the others: "Don't go in that room..." she warns.

"You don't have to tell me that! It sounds like a room like that must really stink!" Nidhi stands after examining the body. She tilts her head and places a hand on her hip. "So... was there anything worth... looting in there?" She narrows her eyes when she says 'looting.' Nidhi refers to the room Zilchus and Florence had been fighting in but she doesn't specify.


Looks like 5 points of wisdom damage? Ugh.

Zilchus' head finally clears and he tries to remember why he is so mad at Florence. He sniffs the air, looking confused.

"What the heck just happened?" Zilchus drops his sword, letting the weapon cord take the weight as he sinks to his knees, taking in clean air and trying to regain his senses.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what...what just happened. I was so mad. Something about your face and poop, Florence...something just mixed there." Zilchus pleads for forgiveness at the same time knowing something feels wrong.

Eventually, he'll ask for two hits of the wand of lesser restoration (8 charges left).

2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 lesser restoration

He sits for a few more minutes, trying to get the bad images from his mind.

"Sorry...sorry...I just can't even..."


HP: 34/34 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 15 l F +5, R +3, W +4 l Remedies (6/6) l L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3, L3: 2/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +17, Diplomacy +6, Fly +6, Heal +8, Kn. Arcana/Nature +11, Kn. Planes +7, Profession: Herbalism +12, Spellcraft +10, Swim +6, UMD +9
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 17, HP: 17/17

"Hey, hey, it's uh...it's okay," Florence responds awkwardly, still a bit unclear herself on what had just happened. "I think I might've tried taking a swing at you too, I'm not really sure. But! I'm still alive and you're still alive and we're all still alive and wounds can be mended," she adds, trying to sound cheery. "And there's definitely not any uh, poop, anywhere that I can see or smell."

While Zilchus takes a few minutes to recover, Florence mends the damage done by his shiny new sword...

Healing:

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Charges remaining (19).

...and wipes up the worst of the blood. "I think that was some sort of lab back there," she says in response to Nidhi's question. "So, there's probably something to loot. I'm pretty sure there was a dead guy back there too. There was some sort of gas in there when we ran through and I'm guessing it was to blame for all the strangeness and murderous urges just now. Luckily I think it's settled out and shouldn't be a bother anymore."

Once everyone is ready to resume, Florence takes a deep breath and carefully steps back into the lab in order to have a proper look around. If anyone objects, she just shakes her head. "Okay look, if that gas or whatever it was is still hanging around then better me being addled than Zilchus or Cahal - you all know I really can't do much damage with my oversized toothpick anyway."

Perception (Bynx Close): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

Ben enjoys the comical scene between Florence and Zilchus, and after the wounds have been mended, he follows Florence into the lab. He scans the area for magical auras with detect magic, and helps the others to give a look around. He also tries to identify the purpose of the lab.

"That was crazy of you, Zilchus. I'm glad I didn't follow you!" Ben laughs as he completes his search.
_______________________
Perception check: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Me too, Ben. Me too..." ...might have killed you outright. Good thing it was Florence, she can take a hit.

Zilchus clears his head, finds his blade, and rises to his feet. He takes a few steps to and fro before following Ben back into the room of doom if it seems clear of crazy gas.

He'll help explore the area.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Perception w/Detect Magic


HP 44/48 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11 | MF 1/5 used | KO 0/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal looks at the others discussing. Noticing that most are abusing the healing wands, she shrugs and walks up to Florence: "Best now I guess. We expect more trouble right?"

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

After, she goes back to Zilchus, her longspear ready: "Better then?"


"I think I'm better," Zilchus offers with a big sniff of air...whether he is checking for bad air or the scent of Florence's poop is uncertain. "I was just so angry for a moment there. Something wasn't right."

Zilchus shakes his head.

"I think I'm better. We'll see."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 2

On the two unconscious thugs, you discover potions of Cure Light Wounds (x2), Alchemists’ Fire (x2), Holy Water (x2), +1 leather armor (x2), misc weapons and personal effects of little value - and have silver chain bracelets (50gp ea x2) and MW Thieves Tools (x2).

On the body in the lab you find a potion of undetectable alignment, cloak of resistance +1, a spell book with a few common spells worth, say, 250gp, a brass funerary mask worth 25gp, and three turquoise stones worth 10gp each. He also has a note written by a Meret-Hetef - a name that means nothing to the party.

Meret-Hetef wrote:

Your sect’s efforts have been exemplary so far, but there is much yet to be done. The necropolis of Wati will soon be opened, and we might find clues that have lain hidden for too long. Transportation and means of communication will be provided. A gang of grave robbers called the Silver Chain should provide you with the cover and resources you need to continue the search. Once you arrive in the city, infiltrate this Silver Chain and bend them to His divine will.

Move quickly.

Once the Pharasmins open the necropolis to explorers, we run the risk of outsiders finding the mask first. Succeed, and Hakotep’s moment of resurrection will soon be at hand. I do not need to tell you how much I would loathe expressing the Sky Pharaoh’s displeasure should you fail.

The lab is in bad shape as the deceased did a fair bit of thrashing around before succumbing to his injuries. With enough work and a little cash, you could bring it back up to a working alchemy lab, though it’s not terribly portable.


HP: 34/34 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 15 l F +5, R +3, W +4 l Remedies (6/6) l L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3, L3: 2/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +17, Diplomacy +6, Fly +6, Heal +8, Kn. Arcana/Nature +11, Kn. Planes +7, Profession: Herbalism +12, Spellcraft +10, Swim +6, UMD +9
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 17, HP: 17/17

"Meret-Hetef? Hakotep?" Florence asks as she peers at the note. "Does any of this make sense to any of you?" she asks. "Because it sure doesn't to me."

"At least we've found some things we can use though," she adds, nodding to the small pile of loot they'd accumulated.


Zilchus reads the note, trying to put the pieces together...especially about the 'Sky Pharaoh'.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Know (History)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Know (Local)

"Ha! These guys don't like the Pharasmooks either," Zilchus points out.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus feels like he should know something about the Sky Pharaoh, but he can't remember...


HP 44/48 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11 | MF 1/5 used | KO 0/1 used | Buffs:

"Forget who. What the hell is a Sky Pharaoh?!? I mean, flying is no big deal. When you're rich..." comments Cahal.

Then she adds: "This is the one that stole from our site! Now I really need to speak with that Pharasmin, or more precisely, whoever's got him."

The Exchange

HP 22/22 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Dis Dvce +7 +2 | Diplo +8 | Perform +14 Neutral Human Bard/4
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"Ha! These guys don't like the Pharasmooks either," Zilchus points out.

Nidhi frowns at Zilchus' statement.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"So they both had silver bracelets... that's a sign we're on the right track at least." Nidhi suggests that the party take everything off of the bodies for selling.

Nidhi waits at the doorway leading back into the hallway. (See map.) She will check for traps as the party approaches the next set of doors at the end of the hallway.

Perception (the doors on the end right): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

"OK, now this is too much, even for me..." says Ben after reading the letter. Eyes wide in surprise, the scholar seems to be thinking hard, as though a hundred thoughts were fighting a silent battle inside of his mind.

The Silver Chain, the Sky Pharaoh, the Mask...Hakotep, which is, I suppose, the Sky Pharaoh...Meret-Hetef...And, a resurrection?! What's going on here?! This is far worst than I had imagined...

Ben rises his eyes and looks to the others. "What do you think about it? Personally, I believe this is a huge problem my friends...As I read the letter, someone is trying to resurrect Hakotep, also known as the Sky Pharaoh, through the mask looted in that very temple of Nethys we explored. There is someone who is currently infiltrated in the Silver Chain, and who works directly for this Meret-Hetef, who seems to be, in turn, a servant to the Sky Pharaoh. I think our best bet is to keep follow this Silver Chain track."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi too can make no historical or local connections as she searches for traps and listens at the door. She finds no trap, nor does she hear anything through the heavy door.


HP 44/48 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11 | MF 1/5 used | KO 0/1 used | Buffs:

"Let's get to it then!" urges Cahal, thinking about the state of things in Wati and the undeads roaming the streets..


Unless someone else wants it, Zilchus will don the cloak of resistance +1 and take an alch flask.

Zilchus will also search for another pit trap before checking out the doors.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Perception (hallway - traps)
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Perception (door - traps)

If the way is clear, Zilchus will open the double doors when others are ready.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

"Hey?! Everyone?! You know, I've just told you something about a long-dead Pharaoh and someone who apparently wants to bring him back through a mask we were supposed to retrieved and that we know is now in the hands of whoever fool wants to accomplish this evil feat! EVIL, do you hear me? No reaction? Not at all? Good, then it's just me", mumbles Ben to himself, clearly in an anxious state.


Zilchus looks back at Ben.

"Oh, I heard you, Ben," Zilchus says. "Just not sure what it has to do with us. I'm sure someone will take care of it. We're here to find a guy. I'm sure the Pharasmooks will handle all this once we get their guy back." Zilch replies, looking for traps and trouble.

"Also, what makes you think the 'Sky Pharaoh' is evil? Who is this TacoKelp, anyway?" Zilchus asks, suddenly hungry. "Some of our best rulers in the past have been Pharaohs. Just like the Ruby Prince."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

"Why do I think he's evil? Because there's some crazy fool out there who wish to bring him back perhaps? Or maybe because that same man threatened the other in case of failure? Or because the Pharaoh is DEAD ?! And yes, it has to do with us. It has to do with the whole Osirion,
which is our land now. It has to do with us because that mask was ours to claim, and because the Silver Chain is involved. It has to do with us!
" Ben is clearly very nervous, perhaps even a tad stressed.


HP 44/48 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11 | MF 1/5 used | KO 0/1 used | Buffs:

"Less talking. Only thing to do is find more silver chains. You don't hunt and shout. One is bad for the other..." Cahal says, returning to her duty of covering Zilchus while he searches.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus looks at Ben coldly. "Yeah, so? This is the job of your Pharasmooks. Remember how they are doing a bang-up job right now? And how great they are? And what is one living Pharaoh compared to the might of the Ruby Prince and people of Osirion. I'm not worried because we have nothing to be worried about. Sheesh." Zilchus shakes his head.

"One Pharaoh and one silver gang is nothing compared to the might held by the Ruby Prince. I think you're worrying about nothing."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

Feeling too insulted to ensue, Ben just lets out a sigh of frustration and sits down waiting for the others to open the doors.

Fools...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus opens the door…

This large open chamber was used for a variety of purposes when the brickworks was up and running.

To the north, the area was a workspace for preparing mud for special orders by applying chemicals to change the color and strength of the bricks. A system of trap doors and pulleys was used to move the mixed batches to the floor above, though they’ve been irreparably damaged by the fire and subsequent removal. A stone mixing basin still dominates the room, though it looks like it’s being used as a bath (though not currently).

Now this area contains eight bunks providing accommodation for Silver Chain members. A rickety shelf in one corner is crowded with books about Osirionology (100gp, +2 circumstance bonus to knowledge history but bulky). There is no one here at the moment.

To the south, four stone wells fill much of this otherwise unremarkable room. Disassembled mechanical remains lie scattered around plumbing connections in the southeast corner.

Finally the smaller room is being used as a storeroom and makeshift game room and bar for off-duty Silver Chain smugglers. It too is empty.

The rooms are quiet.

Please remember to move yourselves on the map if you can.


HP: 34/34 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 15 l F +5, R +3, W +4 l Remedies (6/6) l L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3, L3: 2/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +17, Diplomacy +6, Fly +6, Heal +8, Kn. Arcana/Nature +11, Kn. Planes +7, Profession: Herbalism +12, Spellcraft +10, Swim +6, UMD +9
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 17, HP: 17/17

As Florence listens to the others banter and argue back and forth on just how much they should care about the note they'd found, she feels a chill sweep its way up her spine and she shivers.

It can't have anything to do with me...can it?

"I...I think..." she stammers, trying to find the words and having a rough time of it. "I think we shouldn't ignore this. I mean, let's focus on finding Ptemenib for now but once we do, I think we need to ask him about this note," she whispers as they resume their search.

As they reach the area that's clearly been converted to living quarters, she looks around nervously. There could be traps or maybe even an ambush, just waiting for them to stumble through...

Perception (Bynx Near): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17

The Exchange

HP 22/22 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Dis Dvce +7 +2 | Diplo +8 | Perform +14 Neutral Human Bard/4

“Hakotep, The Sky Pharaoh… It has a nice ring to it. It’ll sound great in my stories of our adventures.” Nidhi fantasizes about being one of the people to bring Meret-Hetef to justice. Nidhi imagines a crowd of people chanting their names. Two muscular woman on either side of Nidhi kissing her cheeks. ”Hmm… I agree with Benedictus. We should be wary of this Meret-Hetef person and anyone who wants to resurrect this Sky Pharaoh.” Nidhi wiggles the tips of her fingers, trying to be spooky. She can't recall any lore surrounding the Sky Pharaoh at the moment.

As the party opens the last set of doors, Nidhi waits for Zilchus or Cahal to make the first steps into the room. After the two sturdier party members moves inside, Nidhi nears the four wells. She peers down the closest one with the Everburning Torch. Was this to cool the bricks?

Perception (wells) : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Nidhi can’t see why the Silver Chain would want to live in a place like this. The building is old and run down, the space is an old warehouse with bulky tools Nidhi can’t imagine the thugs using.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi sees that the wells are deep - 30' deep and they are connected to pumps, presumably to pump water in and out, though they are dry now.

When she looks in the Southwestern most well, she sees the crumpled body of a priest of pharasma. It's hard to tell at this distance, but the figure, though bloody and bruised, seems to be breathing shallowly...

The Exchange

HP 22/22 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | Dis Dvce +7 +2 | Diplo +8 | Perform +14 Neutral Human Bard/4

"G- Guys!" Nidhi exclaims, "There's a person down at the bottom of this well!"

Nidhi calls down to the person: "Hang in there!" Nidhi pulls out her rope and frantically looks for something to tie it to so she can climb down.

(Climb): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Nidhi volunteers to climb down the well to the injured priest. Once at the bottom, Nidhi casts Cure Light Wounds on the person.

(Cure Light Wounds): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Hey, it's me - Nidhi Aashirya. Are you okay? People have been worried about you. What happened?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As Nidhi heals the figure, it rises, slowly, to a sitting position and she recognizes it's Ptemenib!

He rasps, "Have some water perhaps?" as he props himself against the wall of the well. He won't be in any shape to climb out himself, but you can tie him to the rope, and the ever-strong Zilchus and Cahal could haul him out readily enough.

Once topside, and after some water, he raspily croaks, "How long have I been out? I thought surely they would kill me. Did you best Ekram too?" he looks at the party, clearly impressed.


HP: 34/34 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 15 l F +5, R +3, W +4 l Remedies (6/6) l L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3, L3: 2/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +17, Diplomacy +6, Fly +6, Heal +8, Kn. Arcana/Nature +11, Kn. Planes +7, Profession: Herbalism +12, Spellcraft +10, Swim +6, UMD +9
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 17, HP: 17/17

"I don't know...since sometime last night, maybe?" Florence responds. "Your little friend found us, or rather, she found our employer and we found her when we went to check up on him. Can you tell us what happened?"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 12 [16] (12 Tch, 10 [14] FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +14 | Perc: +8 (+10), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 9/9 | Active Conditions:

Ben is immediately drawn to Ptemenib. Perhaps he will share my worries about this crazy plan of bringing back the Sky Pharaoh...

The scholar readily offers his canteen to the man, then crouches next to him. "We found you thanks to your nosoi. An interesting familiar." Ben smiles, then his brows furrow in perplexity. "Ekram...Mmh, I think I've never heard that name. Should I?"


HP 44/48 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11 | MF 1/5 used | KO 0/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal looks around and keeps an eye out for trouble. The mention of a silver chain boss does nothing to calm her.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

"Oh? Just since last night? Feels like longer..." he tries to massage aching joints and a bruised ego, but cannot manage much of either.

"Oh, she's not my familiar, just my companion. I'm glad she's OK. Ekram is..."

Another, far more level and deep voice continues, "...Greeting you warmly. Welcome to my home away from home."

A tall man in a funerary mask (link) greets you from the now open doors to the next chamber.

"I see you've bested the two lazy silver chain smugglers upstairs at least. Are you here for Ptemenib? I told them it was a mistake to imprison him, and here you are proving my point."

"On behalf of the Silver Chain then, I apologize for his imprisonment. I suggest you take him with my blessings and go... there need be no further bloodshed between us."

He stands peacefully towering in the doorway, waiting for your response.

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,716 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.