Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


1,351 to 1,397 of 1,397 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, almost forgot. Overnight you have another DC 13 Fort save or lose another Dex: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Even if you make the save, you're feeling a bit feverish the next day and the disease settles in for the long haul.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

”My friends!” shouts Abdur as you walk into the Milki. He deftly hands off his customer to one of his many underfoot servants and takes you into the back room. The larger gear is piled high in the corners and on his desk, but he keys open a safe, removing the smaller, more valuable items for your examination.

”You see, I have kept everything safe for you. No one would rob from Abdur Raqeeb al-Shabazz!” he stabs his finger in the air as he talks to punctuate his certainty.

You fill him in on anything missed from two days before, and he asks more than a few questions, so eager is he to hear your news. As you describe various rooms and the items you found, he hunts down the item and talks a bit about what he feels your chances are at the auction.

Many items will, naturally, be of little value. But a few he hopes will net you much wealth. After a while, things peter out, and he asks if you had a successful trip to Tephu. Assuming you speak well of Faatin, he is pleased. ”I think he’s a distant cousin, but I could be wrong. Never could keep the family straight in my head.” he laughs.

The Exchange

HP 17/17 | AC 10 Tch 10 FF 12 | CMD xx | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Dis Dvce +7 | Diplo +7 | Perform +11 Neutral Human Bard/1
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"I'm going to get a nice steak for dinner. Nidhi, would you like a warm saucer of milk? Or perhaps oatmeal and sardines, hold the oatmeal?" Zilchus gaffaws.

Nidhi’s eyes widen, ”Oh no! I think I feel a craving coming on!” Nidhi rubs her arms up and down, looking around. Sprout whiskers? By then it may already be too late! The priest’s words offer Nidhi some reprieve but her anxiety is rekindled by Zilchus’ teasing. Now that he’s brought it up; I can’t stop thinking about a warm cup of milk.

Nidhi agrees to Ben’s decision to visit Abdur in the morning.

In the morning:

Nidhi has a normal night with her grandmother Jharna. In fact, it feels like before she became an adventurer, because Nidhi’s day was spent in the cities and among normal people and events. Nidhi has little to offer in terms of conversation with Jharna, but manages to make her way into bed before passing out from exhaustion.

In the morning, Jharna has laid out a simple breakfast for Nidhi and left to finish remaining projects from the week. Being Starday, Jharna also prepares food for Sunday so that the day will be less of a burden. Nidhi leaves her grandmother’s shop with a brief goodbye and heads to meet up with her companions and Abdur.

GM Euan wrote:
Assuming you speak well of Faatin, he is pleased. ”I think he’s a distant cousin, but I could be wrong. Never could keep the family straight in my head.” he laughs.

Nidhi looks a little surprised. They’re related? I wish I had more family around here. Nidhi looks towards Benedictus, unsure what he has in mind.

While Benedictus chats with Abdur, Nidhi ponders what the abandoned temple (that the high priests believe was dedicated to Nethys, the god of magic) might be like.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

When there is a break from the discussion, Nidhi speaks up: ”Abdur, what do you know of Nethys and his followers? We’ve been assigned a temple for our last exploration.” If mentioned in the following conversation, Nidhi points to the spot on the map the priest showed the party.


HP: 22/22 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3 l Remedies (5/6) l L1: 3/3, L2: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Craft: Alchemy +13, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana/Nature +9, Profession: Herbalism +7, Spellcraft +8, Swim +2, UMD +7
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 16, HP: 11/11

After getting most of their business taken care of Florence is quite ready for a meal, no matter how late, and some rest.

"We'll give my remedies one more try but if you're still feeling puny by tomorrow afternoon then we're going back to that temple, okay?" she says to Ben before they all part ways for the night.
______

The next morning, Florence is true to her word and sets a small vial of dark amber liquid on the table in front of Ben when they all meet up for breakfast.

"I tried a different mixture today; hopefully this one will take this time. Of course it's a little easier not having to try and cook up remedies for two different illnesses at once," she explains.

Later on during the meeting with Abdur she largely leaves the discussion of money to Zilchus, preferring to simply listen and maybe learn a thing or two.

"We did have a good trip," she nods when the topic shifts to their visit to Tephu. "Though Ben and I spent all of it in the library again so I'm afraid I didn't get to meet your cousin. But Zilchus and Nidhi seemed happy with the deal he made them - not surprising if he's your family," she smiles.


HP 12/30 | AC 16 Tch 12 FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Cahal enjoys the lamb and eats more than anyone else. Later, she smokes and laughs with everyone.

The next morning, she wakes up early and works out. Joining the others, sweaty, she offers: "I think I know where to find the woman, the one from the ring, Panhet? Do we still want to talk to her? She might want the ring back too..."


Zilchus does speak well of Faatin, he was nice and got down to business easily and quickly

"...if we're done here, we should plan for our next tomb, shouldn't we?" Zilchus is feeling better and wants to get back to work after a day of rest. "We got a new wand. What else do we need? Maybe more of them fire pots?"

Zilchus hands off the wand to Florence or Nidhi, whomever wants it.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
When there is a break from the discussion, Nidhi speaks up: ”Abdur, what do you know of Nethys and his followers? We’ve been assigned a temple for our last exploration.” If mentioned in the following conversation, Nidhi points to the spot on the map the priest showed the party.

Abdur rubs his hand through his hair and rubs an old knot on his head. "Can't say I know much about Nethys - I've never been a very religious man you understand. Oh I respect all the gods mind you, just never had much churchin' up."

"I can tell you what you probably know already, he's a god of magic, but a little unstable. He destroys and creates equally. Most unnerving. Never know where you stand with such a god. Lots of rival factions in the religion too as a result. No one can agree."

Florence, please feel free to make your herbalism check for the mornings draught.

Cahal ud'Din wrote:
Joining the others, sweaty, she offers: "I think I know where to find the woman, the one from the ring, Panhet? Do we still want to talk to her? She might want the ring back too..."

Not sure if this was said in front of Abdur, or prior. Feels like prior, but let me know if that’s not the case.

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"...if we're done here, we should plan for our next tomb, shouldn't we?" Zilchus is feeling better and wants to get back to work after a day of rest. "We got a new wand. What else do we need? Maybe more of them fire pots?"

”Quite!” shouts Abdur happily. ”I do have more alchemy fires if that’s what you’re referring to. Just 20gp each and I’ve got plenty. Is there anything else you may require?” he moves the group back into the shop area, after carefully locking up the more valuable items, and leaving the rest in the cramped storeroom.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 3 | HP: 18/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +13 | Perc: +7 (+9), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 7/7 | Active Conditions: diseased; 2 Dex, 3 Con damage

"Wait, what? Do you know what our next exploration site will be, Nidhi? Why didn't you tell me?! I...I...I mean, perhaps you told me and I didn't understand because of my illness, but..." Ben takes a long breath, "that is...incredible! Interesting, under a certain point of view. But also dangerous. Do you remember of the woman in purple, the one who Abdur was sponsoring before us? Well, they were all believer of Nethys, the All-Seeing-Eye, and they were very, very, very interested in the temple we've been assigned, as far as I gathered from her the last time I talked with them. That...I don't know what to say. I think I'll have a glass of water, perhaps...Abdur, may I ask you to bring one to me, please? I'm not feeling fine today, and I think I will need to get my disease healed through magical means...Thank you, Abdur"

As soon as Abdur departs*, leaving him alone with his allies, Ben instantly becomes much less ill. "We must be wary. That site is dangerous. The Scorched Hand, I believe they were called...They were hunting for it. And now we've been assigned its exploration. We must not tell anyone about our next exploration site, agreed?"

Then, when Abdur comes back, Ben takes on his ill appeareance once again and drinks his water. "I know a good deal about Nethys, since he's the God I worship, mainly. But I'll be happy to fill you in with all details you need later, Nidhi. Now, let's not bore Abdur with similar discussions"

Turning to Zilchus, Ben tries to analyze the situation with lucidity. "Yes. We could use more alchemist's fire. Even a few flasks of acid wouldn't be bad. And of course, I need to get my disease healed at the temple. I propose we split again. I'll go to the temple and see if the priests can help me with my illness. The others can buy what we need in the meantime."
_____________________
* If Abdur doesn't leave the room, Ben will tell this to his allies in another moment, when he's sure they're alone.
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Zilchus looks at Ben and shakes his head.

"Why didn't you get fixed last night when we were at the temple? I only mentioned it about 80 times. Heck, I had the coins out for Cat-hi and everything," Zilchus is truly puzzled by Ben's festering disease. He waves it off, trying to ignore the foolishness.

"Nevermind, I'm not sure I want to know," Zilchus gets grabs some coins to buy 1 alchemist flask, letting the others buy what they think they might need.

"C'mon, let's get on before the Scorched Hand gets wind of where we are going. Maybe we should hire a guard or something, just in case, while we're inside. Or some magic to let us know if someone is coming in after us? I dunno."

Zilchus is anxious to get to the next site, having spent a day of doing 'nothing', and now wants to do something.


HP: 22/22 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3 l Remedies (5/6) l L1: 3/3, L2: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Craft: Alchemy +13, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana/Nature +9, Profession: Herbalism +7, Spellcraft +8, Swim +2, UMD +7
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 16, HP: 11/11

GM:

Profession: Herbalist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Aw man...

"I think he was trying to save us a little money," Florence points out. "Most of what we've made so far has gone right back into group expenses like the wand or the research we did yesterday at the library, hasn't it? But even so, it's not like going again today is going to slow us down anyway if we already have to buy more supplies. We can just split up and get it all done quicker, like he said."

"Anyway, it sounds like we might have other fish to fry as it is. Ben, you're sure that Scorched Hand group wants the site we got assigned?" Florence sighs and throws up her hands. "Figures. I guess all we can do is try not to let it leak which site we got this time. Personally I'd rather just swap sites but I know the rules said we couldn't."

As she speaks, Florence has the nagging feeling that she's forgetting something...and then when she glances at Cahal, the expectant look on the woman's face jogs her memory. "Oh! And we should see if we can return that ring at some point today too, if we can. This Panhet would probably like to know what happened to the man who was carrying it."


HP: 11/11 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 7 (11 vs. trip) l F +1, Ref +4, W +4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision, Scent
Skills:
Climb +6, Heal +4, Stealth +14, Swim +6
Male Cat

While the group confers on the day's plans and how to accomplish them, Bynx saunters up to Nidhi and sniffs at her before looking up expectantly.

"Maow?"

You don't smell like a cat...can you speak cat?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Though Benedictus gets no worse, come morning he is still feverish and pale. Florence does what she can for him, but her herbs don’t do the trick.

Abdur, always the gracious host, does indeed fetch the water giving you a few moments alone.

The party gives their leave to Abdur and heads back to the church of Pharasma. There’s a different acolyte at the church helping teams and, assuming you’ve got the 210gp, the grumpy healer casts his spell…

Remove Disease: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 vs DC 13

Though the fever does break, Benedictus still suffers the ravages of the disease, as does Zilchus. (Don't forget, you heal one point a day in one stat overnight. You may chose.)

It is midday by the time the party is ready to move on. Where do you go?


Zilchus is ready to go explore.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 3 | HP: 18/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +13 | Perc: +7 (+9), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 7/7 | Active Conditions: diseased; 2 Dex, 3 Con damage

"I told you, Zilchus, I was hoping to make the group spare some precious coins..."

After having his disease cured at the temple, Ben joins the others.

"I'm ready to go as well. Let's tryto lay low as we reach our site, OK? And be on the lookout."

The Exchange

HP 17/17 | AC 10 Tch 10 FF 12 | CMD xx | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Dis Dvce +7 | Diplo +7 | Perform +11 Neutral Human Bard/1
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"Wait, what? Do you know what our next exploration site will be, Nidhi? Why didn't you tell me?!”

Nidhi blinks a few times at the professor before speaking. She’s unable to recall whether he was there when Zilchus initially asked the priests at the Church of Pharasma for a cure. ”The priest told us. Sorry, I thought you knew,” Nidhi adds apologetically.

”Really Ben? You must be very excited about our next dig!” With that comment, Nidhi clasps her hands together behind her back and begins to mindlessly hum as they walk to the Church of Pharasma.

Nidhi has no signs still? Or do I need to roll?

Fort (3rd Level Bard +1): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Nidhi is ready to explore unless she perhaps needs a cure.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi was healed by Florence and is free of disease, as far as you can tell.

The party makes their way into the Necropolis, the guards again checking your documents and directing you to follow the map and not to stray.

The noonday sun beats down on the lonely, silent pathways of the necropolis. Dust and sand now cover the once-bustling streets, and buildings that were once homes and shops are gradually disintegrating into rubble after centuries of neglect. Scattered throughout the ruins is the occasional palm tree or shrub, kept alive by the broken remnants of a long-abandoned irrigation system.

Benedictus senses something amiss, and suddenly a man (link) steps out from behind some of the ruins, blade in hand, ”Now just turn yourself right around and go home. There don’t need to be any killin’.” Almost soundlessly, you hear and see a few others step out as well.

You may all talk freely, we are not in initiative as yet. There is a new map up. However, please keep your actions to one round.


Zilchus snorts, not taking to bullies well...he is one. And if someone is going to bully the party, it was going to Zilchus, not some random street punks.

"Nah. We're in a hurry and don't really have time to learn you a lesson good. Might be that if you run away, I won't chase after you," Zilchus says grunting. He checks the weapon cord that connects his sword to his left hand.

He has yet to draw his weapon, but it's clear he means to.

The Exchange

HP 17/17 | AC 10 Tch 10 FF 12 | CMD xx | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Dis Dvce +7 | Diplo +7 | Perform +11 Neutral Human Bard/1

Nidhi pulls out her bow but doesn't raise it to attack. She stares at the man that stepped out from behind the ruins. "Who are you and why are you here?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Nope.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

When Nidhi pulls her bow, the others - either due to overwhelming confidence or twitchiness, hard to know which - attack the party! Or plan to…

-Round 1-
Benedictus - 20
Zilchus - 15+
Cahal - 15-
Trappers - 13
Thugs - 12
Florence -7+
Nidhi - 7-

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 (acts in surprise round)
Cahal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Florence 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Trappers 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Thugs 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Next up - Benedictus, Zilchus and Cahal. Nidhi is armed, the rest of you (weapon cord aside) are not. No one is flat footed.


HP 12/30 | AC 16 Tch 12 FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Cahal does not need a weapon, and the one nearest would make a nice target, but she knows how important positioning is. She refrains from rushing. Instead, she reviews mentally the basics of sending bullies but first on the ground while she unslings her longspear.

Martial flex for Imp. Trip and get weapon ready.


HP: 22/22 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3 l Remedies (5/6) l L1: 3/3, L2: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Craft: Alchemy +13, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana/Nature +9, Profession: Herbalism +7, Spellcraft +8, Swim +2, UMD +7
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 16, HP: 11/11

"Nidhi, w-oh boy..." Florence hisses, her warning coming too late as their new 'friends' ready to attack!


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 3 | HP: 18/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +13 | Perc: +7 (+9), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 7/7 | Active Conditions: diseased; 2 Dex, 3 Con damage

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 1 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 20 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

"Oh, come on!" Ben shakes his head in frustration. He doesn’t like to fight other humans, but the situation does not give him any other option. The scholar draws his crossbow from behind his back as he moves behind the ruined well (?), behind which he hopes to get some cover, and loads a bolt into his weapon.
_________________________
OK, spells prepared and combat status updated. I would also like to declare that Ben would have bought 10 crossbow bolts, if the GM allows it. I didn’t have that much time lately, and that I missed that detail.

Status:
hp – 17/20 (17)
Conditions – 2 Dex damage, 2 Con damage
Wizard spells prepared (CL 3rd, concentration +7)
2nd (2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 16), locate object, stone call (DC 16)
1st (3+1/day)― burning hands (DC 15), color spray (DC 15), mage armor, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation


Round 1, Init 15

Zilch grumbles as the thugs don't flee yet, but offers them a chance to. Don't think they've had a chance to flee yet, huh?

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Sense Motive - Are they serious?

Zilchus readies his sword for if either comes at him.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 to hit;
2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 1) + 7 = 10 slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+5+1[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]2d4+4[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 26/26 -1 str, -2 wis
AC: 18 (6 armor, 2 dex)
DF: 0/10

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later
Grunting: 0/4 used
Quick Prayer: 0/4 used


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

I'm OK with some last minute purchases. Nidhi is still buying arrows as well.

Benedictus takes up a strategic position near the well, damp with water, and loads his crossbow. Zilchus sizes up the opposition, but isn’t completely certain they’re actually going to fire, until they do. Cahal prepares herself mentally and physically.

The head thug seems content to wait for his blooding as he readies an attack on any who close.
red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Meanwhile the archers try to make quick work of the front line.
brown on Cahal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
purple on Cahal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
purple crit threat on Cahal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 8) = 11

pink on Zilchus: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 18 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
green on Zilchus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

-Round 1-
Florence -7+
Nidhi - 7-
-Round 2-
Benedictus - 20
Zilchus - 15+ (-1hp)
Cahal - 15- (-18hp)
Trappers - 13
Thugs - 12

Next up - Everyone!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 2, Init 15

Zilch moves up to red, taking a blow. He sneers at that and his arrow wound.

He slashes back at red. Really really slashes, swinging from the heels.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 to hit;
2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 = 13 slashing damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 to hit;
2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 = 13 slashing damage.

"No one makes me bleed my own blood!" He looks around angrily.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+5+1[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]2d4+4[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 19/26 -1 str, -2 wis
AC: 18 (6 armor, 2 dex)
DF: 0/10

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later
Grunting: 0/4 used
Quick Prayer: 0/4 used


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 3 | HP: 18/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +13 | Perc: +7 (+9), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 7/7 | Active Conditions: diseased; 2 Dex, 3 Con damage

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 2 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 20 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

"For Nethys, Cahal! Are you alright?" Ben darts out of his cover, squints his eyes and aims for the archer on the roof. “There was no need to come to this!” he shouts out as he releases his bolt, squats into cover again and loads his crossbow once more.
_________________________
Crossbow ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Crossbow damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Status:
hp – 17/20 (17)
Conditions – 2 Dex damage, 2 Con damage
Wizard spells prepared (CL 3rd, concentration +7)
2nd (2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 16), locate object, stone call (DC 16)
1st (3+1/day)― burning hands (DC 15), color spray (DC 15), mage armor, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation

The Exchange

HP 17/17 | AC 10 Tch 10 FF 12 | CMD xx | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Dis Dvce +7 | Diplo +7 | Perform +11 Neutral Human Bard/1

How high is the building that the green archer is stationed on? Can Nidhi shoot at the green archer from the ground?

Round 1:

Nidhi acts wordlessly in Round 1.

Move Action: Nidhi moves to be in shooting range of the pink/purple archer. (diagonal SW 5, diagonal SW 15, down 20, diagonal SE 25 *EDITED*)

Standard Action: Nidhi aims and fires an arrow at the pink/purple enemy.

To hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
(Bard 1st level +0, Bard 2nd level +1, Bard 3rd level +1, Dex +2, Point-Blank Shot +1)

Damage (Shortbow, Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
(Str +1, Point-Blank Shot +1)

Nidhi's Defense Stats:

Hit Points: 8 (Bard 2nd level +5, Bard 3rd level +4) = 17/17
Armor Class: 10 (Akhentepi’s armor +1, Shield bonus +0, Dex +2) = 13
Touch: 10 (Dex +2) = 12
Flat-footed: 10 (Akhentepi’s padded armor +1) = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi - The building's flat roof is about 10' up or so. You may shoot him, but he has cover so -4.

Also, for your movement, the first diagonal is 5', the second is 10', the third is 5', etc. So you've 5' more of movement (though you can't take another diagonal).


HP: 22/22 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3 l Remedies (5/6) l L1: 3/3, L2: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Craft: Alchemy +13, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana/Nature +9, Profession: Herbalism +7, Spellcraft +8, Swim +2, UMD +7
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 16, HP: 11/11

Round 1, Init 7

"We need to take cover!" Florence yells as the air erupts in a shower of arrows. Spotting one archer on the nearby roof, she whips around and gestures wildly at him - and suddenly the air around the man erupts into a shower of sparkling glitter.

"Try shooting through that!" she cries as she hustles behind the nearby well.
______

Florence casts Glitterdust at Green up on the roof, then moves behind the well/circle-thing close to where Ben is; please move her for me! DC 15 Will save or the guy is blinded :D


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Glitterdust: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9 vs DC 15 or blinded.

Florence drops back and glitterdusts an archer, blinding him temporarily. Nidhi moves into position and shoots, but flies a little wide of the mark. Benedictus, worried for Cahal, misses rather dramatically, nearly hitting Cahal in the back. Zilchus, having had enough of this, closes and takes the hit, then levels the leader in one blow. He drops dead in the sand. Cahal, DMPC, steps up and trips the archer.

Trip on Orange: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Their morale broken and leader slain, the thugs all try to flee. The blind man on the roof has trouble finding the rope he climbed up with, but he does, and slowly climbs back down to the ground, but doesn’t get much farther. The others are a good distance in scattered directions.

Glitterdust: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13 vs DC 15 or continue to be blinded.

We’re out of initiative if you let the blind man bumble away, otherwise, take your next round’s actions.

-Round 2-
Florence -7+
Nidhi - 7-
-Round 3-
Benedictus - 20
Zilchus - 15+ (-7hp)
Cahal - 15- (-18hp)
Trappers - 13 (red -26hp dead)
Thugs - 12 (green - blinded)

Next up - Everyone!

The Exchange

HP 17/17 | AC 10 Tch 10 FF 12 | CMD xx | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Dis Dvce +7 | Diplo +7 | Perform +11 Neutral Human Bard/1

Nidhi walks over to Zilchus to look down at the dead thug. "What was that all about?" She pushes the dead thug's leg with the tip of her traveling boot.

Nidhi looks up and begins to survey the area for disturbed areas or relics from an earlier time. Why were they here?

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Zilchus stares down at the dead leader, then looks at his falchion as if he's never seen it before.

"Huh, that was neat," Zilchus says, looking around. When he sees the blind one trying to get away, he chases, wanting to question the man.

Round 3

Zilchus runs 60' after the blind guy.

"Stop now and I may let you keep your life and I'll restore your sight. Run and I'll cut you down like I did the other one."


HP: 22/22 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3 l Remedies (5/6) l L1: 3/3, L2: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Craft: Alchemy +13, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana/Nature +9, Profession: Herbalism +7, Spellcraft +8, Swim +2, UMD +7
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 16, HP: 11/11

Round 2, Init 7

"Oh no, you're not getting away!" Florence cries as the blinded archer attempts to flee with his companions. She draws her crossbow and loads a bolt.

"You'd better stop right there because I guarantee you at least one of us is going to put a bolt or worse in your back!"
______

Two move actions for Flo to draw and load her crossbow.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 11

Knowledge Geography DC 10:
This is the most obvious route from the entrance of the Necropolis to the temple you seek.
- - -

Perception or Survival, tracking DC 23:
You’re not sure why they were here, but they’ve been here all day. From the various ‘nests’ they inhabited while waiting, you can determine they came sometime early this morning, and stayed until now, lunchtime.
- - -

The dead man had a tanglefoot bag, padded armor, a masterwork scimitar, a net with 50 feet of rope, a fresh pouch of coins with 25gp, and an older, well worn pouch with another 18gp.

Knowledge Local DC 20:
Some gangs around Wati sell their services for about 20gp a day. Maybe they were paid a little extra for working in the Necropolis?
- - -

The blind man flees in a panic, only to immediately stumble and fall into a wall, breaking his nose. Weeping with shame and considerable pain, he puts his hands up and says, ”What the hell, boss said there’d be no killin’”

The Exchange

HP 17/17 | AC 10 Tch 10 FF 12 | CMD xx | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Dis Dvce +7 | Diplo +7 | Perform +11 Neutral Human Bard/1

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Nidhi bends down to pick up the fresh pouch of coins as evidence. She then begins to saunter over to Zilchus and Florence, her hips swaying slightly.

However long it takes Nidhi to comfortably follow behind the others:
Hand on her hip, Nidhi holds up the evidence as she approaches. "These thugs have been here since morning. It appears that someone has paid them to watch the most direct route to the temple we're assigned. ...Someone isn't playing fair. Perhaps someone who was upset they didn't get assigned the temple. Do you think it's the purple hat lady? She seems rather unpleasant." Nidhi looks at the blinded thug, frowning. "We'll need to report this." We've already lost so much time... Going to Tephu... Visiting the temple...


HP 12/30 | AC 16 Tch 12 FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Thanks for the DMPC. Busy day...

Cahal had been through tough fights, but she'd never got hurt that bad, with bit a single arrow. The thing sticks out of her at a sickening angle before she snaps its shaft off with a scream of rage and pain.

Panting, she finds a place to sit in the shade and lets her head rest against the wall.


Zilchus brings back the blind archer and ties him up, sheathing his falchion to do the work.

"Now, you just answer the questions, and things will be just fine," Zilchus grumbles at the man. "My friend seems to think that someone paid you to watch this area. Is that true?"

Zilchus goes through the man's possessions while he waits for an answer.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Survival


HP: 22/22 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3 l Remedies (5/6) l L1: 3/3, L2: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Craft: Alchemy +13, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana/Nature +9, Profession: Herbalism +7, Spellcraft +8, Swim +2, UMD +7
Female Human l Active Conditions: / Bynx: AC 16, HP: 11/11

"Well, your boss should've known better than to threaten a bunch of strangers on their way to a dig site!" Florence exclaims, throwing up her hands in disgust. "What, did you think we were just going to turn around and leave on your say-so alone!?"

As Nidhi saunters over and delivers her findings, Florence's expression darkens even further. "Really? How did anyone even know the temple'd been assigned to a group? Darn straight we'll have to report this..." she grumbles, too angered by the whole ordeal to consider being fearful.

"Zilchus, you two and Ben have this, right? I need to patch Cahal up," she finally says, heading over to the resting warrior to do just that.

"Hey...that was a nasty shot you took just now. Let me have a look, okay?" Florence says in a more gentle tone as she kneels down and pulls out their newly-acquired healing wand.

Cure Light Wounds (Cahal): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Cure Light Wounds (Cahal): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Cure Light Wounds (Cahal): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
______

Wand charges remaining (47).


HP 12/30 | AC 16 Tch 12 FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Cahal's eyes grow wide with fervour as she gets healed so easily it seems.

"Thank you Florence. I thought only the gods gave the gift of healing?" she says, looking with a hint of fear at the wand.


Zilchus looks down at his own wounds and wonders why Florence doesn't see them.

"Uh, Flo? While that's out? Maybe...?" Zilchus begs while wrassling the once blinded archer down.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 healing.

46 charges remaining.

Zilchus offers a smile then returns his attention to getting some answers.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 3 | HP: 18/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +13 | Perc: +7 (+9), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 7/7 | Active Conditions: diseased; 2 Dex, 3 Con damage

Ben slowly gets out of his cover and walks toward the man his companions have caught. "Well met", he says with a bitter smile, "it's sad we got off on the wrong foot. Never too late, though." The scholar smiles again and kneels down close to the prisoner. "As my friend said, if you ask our questions, you'll be fine. After all, you've attacked us, and that was not a kind thing to do! You must at least repay us somehow, don't you think?" Ben grins and lets the others ask their question, the he adds one more. "You said something about your boss. We need to know his name, please. Oh, and you were tasked with assailing us specifically or anyone passing from these parts?"

________________________
Untrained Knowledge (geography) check (take 10): 10 + 4 + 1 = 15
Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Knowledge (local) check (take 10): 10 + 9 + 1 = 20
Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:

Zilchus brings back the blind archer and ties him up, sheathing his falchion to do the work.

"Now, you just answer the questions, and things will be just fine," Zilchus grumbles at the man. "My friend seems to think that someone paid you to watch this area. Is that true?"

Zilchus goes through the man's possessions while he waits for an answer.

Though his sight returns quickly enough, not so much do his wits. He continues to look sullen, and a little angry, as he answers your questions.

”Well, I never was paid yet - jobs not done.” he looks to where his allies abandoned their posts and shrugs. He doesn’t have much, just some padded armor, a khopesh, and a longbow with 9 arrows. A few sad coins sit in a sack at his waist.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
Ben slowly gets out of his cover and walks toward the man his companions have caught. "Well met", he says with a bitter smile, "it's sad we got off on the wrong foot. Never too late, though." The scholar smiles again and kneels down close to the prisoner. "As my friend said, if you ask our questions, you'll be fine. After all, you've attacked us, and that was not a kind thing to do! You must at least repay us somehow, don't you think?" Ben grins and lets the others ask their question, the he adds one more. "You said something about your boss. We need to know his name, please. Oh, and you were tasked with assailing us specifically or anyone passing from these parts?"

Though Benedictus is being most polite, the thug hardly warms to him, hearing, perhaps unintentionally, a condescending tone. Still, he answers his questions readily enough.

”Him?” he looks to the dead man, face down on the ground, blood congealing in a sandy pool around the body. ”Dunno his full name or anything. Folks called him Shuaib, and he was a decent master - usually taking the safe gigs.”

”I don’t know who you are. I just go where Shuaib points. He’s the one you should be questioning.” he says unhappily, wishing he’d gotten clean away with the others.


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Know (local) - 'Shuaib'

"Looks like you've been here all morning," Zilch notes. "Did Shuaib say why he wanted to wait here? C'mon, you could have heard something? Anything. Good information might mean that you walk away from this rather than crawl."

"What other works/jobs have you done for Shuaib in the past?"

The Exchange

HP 17/17 | AC 10 Tch 10 FF 12 | CMD xx | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Dis Dvce +7 | Diplo +7 | Perform +11 Neutral Human Bard/1

To conserve time, Nidhi leisurely walks back to the corpse to loot it whilte the other interrogate. Nidhi loads up Florence's mule with:

GM Euan wrote:
a tanglefoot bag, padded armor, a masterwork scimitar, a net with 50 feet of rope, a fresh pouch of coins with 25gp, and an older, well worn pouch with another 18gp

Nidhi positions the pouches with money under larger items so they are not readily visible. After loading up Florence's mule, Nidhi will lead the animal to the others who are crowded around the thug in question. "Alright, I think I've gotten anything of value off trhe corpse. Are we taking this guy with us to the temple? What's his name?" Nidhi eyes the man dubiously. Good thing I have rope and we found rope on the dead guy... Shuaib was it?


HP 12/30 | AC 16 Tch 12 FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Know Local Shuaib: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Cahal, though in pain, pays attention to the conversation. It seems to her that the other group has taken steps to prevent them to get to the site, but how did they find out? Also, they're likely already there...


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 3 | HP: 18/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +13 | Perc: +7 (+9), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 7/7 | Active Conditions: diseased; 2 Dex, 3 Con damage

Ben shakes his head. "You're not collaborating at all, my friend. And you're looking us with a look that I don't like. And since you have not given us any information at all, I think you don't give us any reason to just turn you over to the authorities for assaulting us...It's such a shame, considering that if you was willing to share a few details about who hired your master, I'm sure we would have been much more inclined to just let you walk away..."
____________________
GM, did Ben failed his Diplomacy check?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:

"Looks like you've been here all morning," Zilch notes. "Did Shuaib say why he wanted to wait here? C'mon, you could have heard something? Anything. Good information might mean that you walk away from this rather than crawl."

"What other works/jobs have you done for Shuaib in the past?"

”No, Shuaib don’t tell us much. Tight lipped that one, but he took care of his crew.” he goes on to talk about a few jobs he’s done. Mostly petty theft or basic thuggery. Nothing hardcore, and certainly no killing as the man said. This was the best paid gig they had in a while though. All the out of towners has meant a higher guard presence as well which has made it harder to make a living.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
Ben shakes his head. "You're not collaborating at all, my friend. And you're looking us with a look that I don't like. And since you have not given us any information at all, I think you don't give us any reason to just turn you over to the authorities for assaulting us...It's such a shame, considering that if you was willing to share a few details about who hired your master, I'm sure we would have been much more inclined to just let you walk away..."

”I don’t know nothin’ do I?” he protests ”I dunno who hired him. We was in one pub or another all night and he was talkin’ to all manner of folk. Finally he tells us he landed someting, but I dunno from who.”

Benedictus - You don’t know for sure if you made the roll or not, but he is talking so you at least didn’t make things worse. He perhaps just doesn’t know anything. Or doesn’t know what he knows…

1,351 to 1,397 of 1,397 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.