Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Endless Forms' PFS 08-01 Portent's Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Mike Tuholski

A 1-5 PFS scenario played at the 4-5 subtier (4-player adjustments).

Maps and handouts


201 to 250 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

I guess the same way a normal person can spot a fake dollar bill. It just looks suspiciously off.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Yeah, as in they are not the usual 'legitimate' fliers or advertisements for the Green Market.

Piecing things together and feeling reasonably certain that some type of assassination or poisoning is going to happen at the Green Market, you rush across town to Zeeva's bustling marketplace.

Along the way the only thing to catch your interest is a strange half-orc street preacher prophesying blood and destruction in Groetus’s name from the top of a barrel. Most passersby dismiss his lunatic screeds—yet while the doomsayer is unquestionably insane, something interesting happens as you pass.

"Blood!" shrieks the raven perched on his shoulder. The wild-eyed half-orc clad in bloody rags and rusty chains leaps down from his barrel into you paths and holds out his hands. "Please! Please! Allow me to offer you a smear of what the future wreaks. I see disasters past, but more yet to come for you all. Let me read your fortunes in blood and tell you what is to come!"

If you will not offer your own blood, he will use his own if you agree. Or you can just push past, up to you guys.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Rogue (swashbuckler 04) HP 31/31 AC 19 T 15 FF 14 Cmb +2 Cmd 16 F +2 R +8 W +2 Perc +8 In +4

Vanya speaks as she runs past the crazed half orc:"Weeeeell... as much as I love some good old bloodletting today I'm are more into predictions done via mysterious yet somehow accurate card readings. And besides I'm in a hurry. But give me a couple of hours and I'll make sure to be here for whatever you do with your blood! Count on it!"

Vanya votes "running past him"

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0
Warden Jax wrote:
I guess the same way a normal person can spot a fake dollar bill. It just looks suspiciously off.

??? Does it say "Elect Donald Trump!" or something crazy like that? I mean fliers basically look however the person who created them wants them to look on whatever paper they use. Has anyone ever gotten a hand bill handed to you or in the mail that "looked" fake even if it was on odd-sized, neon green cardstock?

And for the record, while he didn't come out and say it in so many words (he is after all a man of action) Abaal did question the whole "how do you know this is a fake flier" question.

It's not a huge deal, but was I thought a weird inclusion in an adventure, since one would imagine that even advanced printing cultures, like ours, don't really have standardized fliers. It only makes sense if the content is obviously fake to the person noticing the falsehood (i.e. "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — period — both in person and around the globe").

Is there a map for the encounter with the blood oracle?

Need to see if suddenly decapitating the raven, and then saying "Tell me." is an option.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Heavens Oracle 1 / Tattooed Sorcerer 1 | hp 17 | AC 13, T13, F11 | CMD 8 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | KnArc +4, KnRel +4 | Perc +8

"I'm sorry sir, we really don't have time for this!"

Fimfinkle scurries after Vanya.

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Jax follows the rest of the group. "Yea, sorry. No time!"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Abaal: Please try to keep the OOC chatter to a minimum in the gameplay and instead use your posts for in-character descriptions and dialog that moves the game forward. Feel free to use the Discussion thread for whatever you want though. Thanks!

The party decides that the doomsayer's words are not worth hearing and instead rush past him toward the Green Market.

Customers from every district of Korvosa and beyond crowd the kiosks and surround the stalls that comprise the Green Market. Along with its vast selection of imported and domestic produce, clothing, jewelry, and wine, the high-roofed, barn-like building boasts several impressive features, including a central fountain, an indoor green park at its northern end, and numerous glass skylights that can be accessed and opened with ladders and extending poles.

The market is so crowded that everything is essentially difficult terrain for the purposes of movement. Also, the crowd provides cover.

Straight ahead through the crowd you catch a glimpse of Zeeva Foxglove speaking with an elegantly dressed aristocratic-looking woman. They are standing before a crate of blondberries sampling the fruit and speaking with each other.

DC 26 Perception:
You spot a Qadiran woman approaching the crate of blondberries with a small vial in her hand.

You can take one round of actions at this time.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Rogue (swashbuckler 04) HP 31/31 AC 19 T 15 FF 14 Cmb +2 Cmd 16 F +2 R +8 W +2 Perc +8 In +4

Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Vanya Fails to notice anything out of the ordinary but moves towards the only person she knows, Zeeva Foxglove.

Moved forward

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Heavens Oracle 1 / Tattooed Sorcerer 1 | hp 17 | AC 13, T13, F11 | CMD 8 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | KnArc +4, KnRel +4 | Perc +8

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Fimfinkle hops up and down, trying to see through the crowd.

"What is it Vanya? What do you see?"

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome | HP: 48/48 | AC: 24 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB +4, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W:, +2; +2 vs Fear, Despair, Illusion & near mount | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 |Speed 15ft/40ft Mounted | Challenge 2/2 | Active Conditions: None
Nord Stats:
HP 32/32; AC: 22/10/22; F: 8 R: 5 W: 2; P: +7; SM: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Wading through the crowd on his mount, Hastard makes his way towards Ms Foxglove.

The woman could be anywhere considers the gnome. How are we going to find it amongst these people?

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Max follows the party.Please move me, am on mobile.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

Double move. Sticks tongue out at Libertus as he does so. Aha! I shall spend my hit points first this day!

Fimfinkle wrote:

Fimfinkle hops up and down, trying to see through the crowd.

"What is it Vanya? What do you see?"

"It's Foxglove. A poor excuse for a fortune-teller she must be not to see her own peril!"

"Here! Climb on my or the pig's back. Our longer or more numerous legs shall bear you to the danger!"

Either way (I'm pretty sure Abaal's got about 50 lbs. of give before he hits his medium load) Abaal shoulders his way into the crowd, excusing himself as he goes.

Warden Jax wrote:
Max follows the party.Please move me, am on mobile.

Done. Double move.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

Correction He does not have quite that much to give, but if Fimfinkle wants to climb on, he could ditch his backpack, add up to 38 pounds of gnome, and still move at full speed. Let me know.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Based on a post he made in another game, I think we've lost Libertus. He's taking a break from PbP and PF for a while. But we'll continue on anyways!

Zeeva and the aristocratic woman are still talking, looking out over the various stalls and crates in the marketplace. The market is crowded and loud and they neither hear nor notice you yet.

DC 22 Perception:
You see a Qadiran woman standing on the north side of the blondberry crate quickly splash a vial of liquid onto the berries when Zeeva and the other woman are not looking. The woman then moves quickly through the crowd to the north. (15' north of the crate - I'll add her to the map after someone points her out.)

You can take another round of actions.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Rogue (swashbuckler 04) HP 31/31 AC 19 T 15 FF 14 Cmb +2 Cmd 16 F +2 R +8 W +2 Perc +8 In +4

Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Don't eat those berries! She just poisoned them!!!" yells Vanya on top of her lungs as she elbows her way towards Zeeva and the noblewoman pointing her finger at the fake Qadiran woman while doing her best to take the poisoned fruits out of anyone's reach.

Vanya moves to save Zeeva and the noblewoman. Once that's accomplished she'll try to apprehend lady goldtooth

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Jax keeps moving. Double Move.

"Yea, what she said!"

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome | HP: 48/48 | AC: 24 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB +4, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W:, +2; +2 vs Fear, Despair, Illusion & near mount | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 |Speed 15ft/40ft Mounted | Challenge 2/2 | Active Conditions: None
Nord Stats:
HP 32/32; AC: 22/10/22; F: 8 R: 5 W: 2; P: +7; SM: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Desperately trying to spy the woman Vanya is speaking of, he just sees a sea of unknown faces. At leas she sees her. We've got to hurry then!

Spurring his mount on, the boar shoves through the crowd as best he can. Hastard hollers out to those in his way, "Move! Move it! You're very lives depend on it!"

Double move towards the pair

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Heavens Oracle 1 / Tattooed Sorcerer 1 | hp 17 | AC 13, T13, F11 | CMD 8 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | KnArc +4, KnRel +4 | Perc +8

Sadly I am a plump 39lbs. A gnomely double move for me.

Fimfinkle does his best to keep up with his companions, racing forward in the direction of Vanya's warning.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0
Fimfinkle wrote:

Sadly I am a plump 39lbs. A gnomely double move for me.

Fimfinkle does his best to keep up with his companions, racing forward in the direction of Vanya's warning.

That implies (to Abaal at least) acceptance. I'm guessing a guy with a Strength 5, doesn't carry much more than tattoos. Oh and for some reason you are ontop of the pig and Hatard is on foot on the convenient map link. Correction: Fimfinkle was on the pig and then miraculously 20-odd feet ahead of the fastest movers. Now the pig is alone, and sad off in a far corner, and Hastard is sprinting through the crowd ahead of the dashing swordsman.

Abaal gauges the weight of the gnome, against his pack, and then a single dagger, he drops the items. The dagger lands blade-first with a thunk next to the pack a warning to those who might disturb it. The daring swordsman scoops Fimfinkle from the floor (say that 5 times real fast), places him upon his shoulders like a child and races through the crowd.

"Why ride a pig when one can ride the most daring swordsman to ever come from Katapesh?"

Moved. (Well, Abaal and Fim anyhow. Nord is still alone, lost in the crowded mall looking for Hastard, or a policeman to take him to the security office so they can get on the PA and announce that he has been found.)


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Luckily your shouts and warning are finally heard above the crowd and Zeeva and her guest look at you in alarm as the Qadiran woman turns back and snarls in your direction, revealing her famous golden teeth. She throws back a fold of cloth to reveal a short sword strapped to her hip...

gm rolls:

jg: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Vanya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Fimfinkle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Warden: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Abaal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Hastard: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Still difficult terrain due to the crowd.

Initiative:

1. Warden, Fimfinkle, and Hastard
2. Jaelle Goldtooth
3. Vanya and Abaal

Warden, Fimfinkle, and Hastard are up!

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Heavens Oracle 1 / Tattooed Sorcerer 1 | hp 17 | AC 13, T13, F11 | CMD 8 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | KnArc +4, KnRel +4 | Perc +8

I delay until my mount Abaal has moved.

Fimfinkle cackles gleefully as he's whisked along by Abaal. "أخرى! أخرى!"

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome | HP: 48/48 | AC: 24 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB +4, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W:, +2; +2 vs Fear, Despair, Illusion & near mount | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 |Speed 15ft/40ft Mounted | Challenge 2/2 | Active Conditions: None
Nord Stats:
HP 32/32; AC: 22/10/22; F: 8 R: 5 W: 2; P: +7; SM: +1

Surging forward through the crowd atop his companion. 'It'd be so much easier if these civilians would move.' ponders the gnome.

Crying out to the villain, he offers a chance to end this confrontation. "My dear! We've no need to fight here. Mistakes have been made. I'm certain you have your reasons for attempting this and they will be heard. A fair and just court will be convened on your behalf. If you surrender, I'll guarantee no harm comes to you. You need only put down your weapons and sit down to signify acceptance of my terms."

Boar double move. Hastard spends a standard action to offer chance of surrender -- per Order's Challenge ability. I gain +1 to hit

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Jax casts a spell on himself in case this goes south before moving up. Shield of Faith. AC is 20

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0
Hastard the Bastard wrote:

Surging forward through the crowd atop his companion. 'It'd be so much easier if these civilians would move.' ponders the gnome.

Crying out to the villain, he offers a chance to end this confrontation. "My dear! We've no need to fight here. Mistakes have been made. I'm certain you have your reasons for attempting this and they will be heard."

Guessing the little armored person's (Abaal has never seen Hastard out of his or her armor after all), Abaal completes the thought. "Before you are hung."

Hastard the Bastard wrote:
"A fair and just court will be convened on your behalf. If you surrender, I'll guarantee no harm comes to you."

"Until you are executed."

Hastard the Bastard wrote:

"You need only put down your weapons and sit down to signify acceptance of my terms."

"What?"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Zeeva and her noble acquaintance watch in alarm as you rush towards them. The crowd starts to turn in your direction to watch the commotion. Jaelle, however, turns and continues to push her way through the crowd. Along the way you note that she pulls out a card from her pocket, glancing at it and smiling with her shining golden teeth....

Initiative:

1. Warden, Fimfinkle, and Hastard
2. Jaelle Goldtooth
3. Vanya and Abaal

You guys are up!

Sovereign Court

Female Human Rogue (swashbuckler 04) HP 31/31 AC 19 T 15 FF 14 Cmb +2 Cmd 16 F +2 R +8 W +2 Perc +8 In +4

Vanya concentrates briefly and suddenly she disappears completely from sight...

Standard action for Vanish then move. This is not considered difficult terrain anymore, right?

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Jax stays on her tail and moves next to her. Double move.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome | HP: 48/48 | AC: 24 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB +4, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W:, +2; +2 vs Fear, Despair, Illusion & near mount | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 |Speed 15ft/40ft Mounted | Challenge 2/2 | Active Conditions: None
Nord Stats:
HP 32/32; AC: 22/10/22; F: 8 R: 5 W: 2; P: +7; SM: +1

"Well, we offered." Hastard announces as Nord surries forward through the crowd. "Guys, we should keep her alive to face legal justice. She's got a lot to answer to!"

Pulling out his lance as his boar shoulders its way through the crowd, he swings it high over his head, trying to smack the woman with the round section.

'Flat of the Blade' Lance Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9

Nonlethal Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28
Nonlethal extra Damage (Lance): 2d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 + 4 = 10

Mount double move. Move action draw lance, standard to hit with reach

Flat of the Blade:

At second level, the cavalier of the order of the blue rose gains the ability to moderate his attacks in order to take an enemy alive. He no longer takes a -4 penalty when attacking with a lethal weapon to deal nonlethal damage.

When dealing nonlethal damage, the cavalier receives a +2 bonus on damage rolls. When the cavalier makes use of this ability, he must attempt to subdue his target without killing it; dealing lethal damage after using this ability, or allowing his allies to kill the target, is considered a violation of his edicts.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

.... Accessing situation.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Yes, still difficult terrain!

Accessing or assessing? And does that mean you are holding or just waiting for me to update? Feel free to take an action for this round yet, Abaal.

Vanya vanishes to cut through the crowd and Warden follows behind the people being mysterious pushed aside. Although Goldtooth is trying her best to get away after a failed assassination attempt, Hastard and Nord catch up with her and Hastard's lance smacks her hard enough to break some bones!

Initiative:

1. Warden, Fimfinkle, and Hastard
2. Jaelle Goldtooth (19 dmg)
3. Vanya and Abaal

Fimfinkle is up!

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

Whoa! did I miss like three turns somewhere, or did someone cast haste when I wasn't looking? Everyone's so far away. Double move.

"EVERYONE DOWN! I HAVE A LIVE GNOME ON MY BACK!"

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Heavens Oracle 1 / Tattooed Sorcerer 1 | hp 17 | AC 13, T13, F11 | CMD 8 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | KnArc +4, KnRel +4 | Perc +8

Fimfinkle spurs his mount onwards, his tiny legs flailing in the wind!

"بسرعة! أسرع رجل شاب!"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

1d2 ⇒ 2

Everyone parts, pushing and shoving away as Abaal and Fimfinkle barrel through the crowds and violence erupts in the marketplace.

The crowds have now cleared in your general area such that it is no longer difficult terrain.

With a cry of “Qadira shall dance on your ashes!", the disguised Jaelle Goldtooth steps away from Warden and Hastard and pulls out a small tube from under a fold of cloth. She pulls something to light it and throws the small firework at the stand between the two Pathfinders. Instantly there are sparks and a gout of flame as the crates and goods start catching on fire!

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
You have to beat her Bluff with a Sense Motive check, otherwise she jumps into the crowd and is hidden so you'd have to spot her again before you can aim at and attack her.
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Oh, and of course the fire will spread if unattended!

Initiative:

1. Warden, Fimfinkle, and Hastard
2. Jaelle Goldtooth (19 dmg)
3. Vanya and Abaal

You guys are up!

Sovereign Court

Female Human Rogue (swashbuckler 04) HP 31/31 AC 19 T 15 FF 14 Cmb +2 Cmd 16 F +2 R +8 W +2 Perc +8 In +4

Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Vanya curses under her breath as "Goldtooth" disappears into the crowd. She stays invisible but moves back towards Foxglove and "Goldtooth" target, making sure to guard them from a possible surprise attack

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

Abaal rushes to the site of the fire shouting. "You there, Ifrit! Use your powers over fire to put it out! That dried kale will go up like, well, dried kale if something is not done!"

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"First off, that's racist man. Secondly, I can only create fire, I can't put it out. Third, where did she go?" What kind of check would it be to put out the fire?

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome | HP: 48/48 | AC: 24 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB +4, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W:, +2; +2 vs Fear, Despair, Illusion & near mount | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 |Speed 15ft/40ft Mounted | Challenge 2/2 | Active Conditions: None
Nord Stats:
HP 32/32; AC: 22/10/22; F: 8 R: 5 W: 2; P: +7; SM: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"For crying out loud! Miss, you are only delaying the inevitable. At least facing judgment with us would be fair and humane!" He hollers at the crowd.

Turning to the blazing stall, he slides off his mount. "Let me give you a hand." Turning back to his companions he urges them "Please take her alive. There's no way she did this on her own"

Rid to swift dismount DC 20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0
Warden Jax wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20 + 7

"First off, that's racist man. Secondly, I can only create fire, I can't put it out. Third, where did she go?"

"Apologies friend. I forget how sensitive your sort can be. Perhaps you could burn away some of the fuel? At the very least we will have eliminated some of the kale." Abaal says helpfully.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Sorry, forgot to mention how to put out the fire(s):

fire fighting!:
A PC can extinguish a 5-foot square with a successful DC 15 Survival check; for every 5 points by which the check exceeds the DC, the PC extinguishes 1 additional adjacent square. Casting create water has a 50% chance of extinguishing a square, while higher-level spells with the cold or water descriptor extinguish 1 square per spell level squared (1 square with a 1st-level spell, 4 squares with a 2nd-level spell, and so on) unless the spell specifies otherwise.

And making a check is a standard action of course.

Fimfinkle hasn't posted yet and some of you still have a standard left if you wanted to do anything else this round before I move on.

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Though against his nature, Jax attempts to put out the fire before it can spread.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome | HP: 48/48 | AC: 24 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB +4, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W:, +2; +2 vs Fear, Despair, Illusion & near mount | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 |Speed 15ft/40ft Mounted | Challenge 2/2 | Active Conditions: None
Nord Stats:
HP 32/32; AC: 22/10/22; F: 8 R: 5 W: 2; P: +7; SM: +1

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Attempting to help put out the flames, Hastard starts poking the fire with the end of his Lance.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Heavens Oracle 1 / Tattooed Sorcerer 1 | hp 17 | AC 13, T13, F11 | CMD 8 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | KnArc +4, KnRel +4 | Perc +8

Fimfinkle wriggles free of Abaal's grasp and bows towards him briefly "أنت، يا صبي، هي أيضا لطيفة.", and hops to stand beside Warden Jax. Using one hand to brace himself against Jax he slowly raises the other, multicoloured sparks arcing from his fingers.

His eyes roll back and the incomprehensible gibberish coming from his mouth reaches a crescendo and a vivid, multicoloured flash bursts forth.

"رذاذ اللون!"

5' step, Colour Spray (DC 17 Will)

Sovereign Court

Female Human Rogue (swashbuckler 04) HP 31/31 AC 19 T 15 FF 14 Cmb +2 Cmd 16 F +2 R +8 W +2 Perc +8 In +4

Vanya, still invisible, waits near Foxglove and her guest for the fortuneteller to manifest herself...


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Warden quickly snuffs out the fire before it can get too far! Fimfinkle's spell sends a couple innocent bystanders toppling to the ground but luckily they're not too hurt.

As the crowd moves away, Hastard suddenly feels something from behind and realizes that Goldtooth had darted through the crowd and somehow bounced up behind him without his noticing!

short sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (5, 1) = 14

Confirm:
short sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Initiative:

1. Warden, Fimfinkle, and Hastard
2. Jaelle Goldtooth (19 dmg)
3. Vanya and Abaal

You guys are up!

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome | HP: 48/48 | AC: 24 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB +4, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W:, +2; +2 vs Fear, Despair, Illusion & near mount | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 |Speed 15ft/40ft Mounted | Challenge 2/2 | Active Conditions: None
Nord Stats:
HP 32/32; AC: 22/10/22; F: 8 R: 5 W: 2; P: +7; SM: +1

Reeling from the surprising blow, Hastard whips around. "There! She's here!" hollers the gnome.

Dropping his lance, he swings up into the his saddle with surprising agility. Pulling out an oversized sock tied closed, he swings for his foe. His swing going high, he urges his companion. "Nord! End this fight, but don't kill it."

Swift Mount Check DC 20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Sap Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11
Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

In response to his orders, the boar thrusts its tusks forward, attempting to impale Goldtooth.
Boar's Gore Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If Boar Attacked:

Ride to Negate 1 attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Mount as free, Draw Sap as Move, Standard Attack -- Boar Attack

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

"On it, man." Jax moves around and slashes at Goldtooth.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 7
Elemental Strike: 1d10 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 17

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 3 | hp 22/29 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMD 19 (20 v sunder) | F +5, R +3, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

Racing round the stacks of merchandise, Abaal swings his huge wedge of metal at their quarry aiming for the gold tooth!

mwk falchion (power attack): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 non-nonlethal damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 = 13

Sovereign Court

Female Human Rogue (swashbuckler 04) HP 31/31 AC 19 T 15 FF 14 Cmb +2 Cmd 16 F +2 R +8 W +2 Perc +8 In +4

Still invisible Vanya marches near the woman calling herself Goldtooth and slashes with her kukri:"Your foolish plan ends here!" she roars as she suddenly turns visible again.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 -> Damage roll: 1d4 + 4 + 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (1, 5) + 1 = 14

Vanya attacks while flanking with Hastard and being invisible the opponent is flat footed against her


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Hastard misses his target but luckily his boar is able to tear its tusk into her leg and open up a heavy wound. Abaal then moves behind her and smacks her right in the temple with the flat of his blade, sending the would-be assassin toppling to the ground unconscious!

Out of combat!

"Oh my, what heroism!" the noblelady with Zeeva speaks up loud enough for the crowd to hear. She swiftly moves forward to shake your hands, heedless of the blood and carnage. "Let it never be said that Lady Qualstair is ungenerous to those who do her a service!" She removes her very own necklace of yellow garnets and black onyxes (worth 400 gp) and hands it over as a show of thanks. "Please, please, it is very little for saving my life but I insist you take it!"

Zeeva Foxglove follows behind offering her own thanks. "It seems you may have mastered or at least diverted fate after all. I am once again in the Society's debt. But we really must wake this assassin up and take her to the authorities."

Zeeva casts a small healing spell on Goldtooth after her hands are tied and secured. Foxglove asks Goldtooth why the Yellow Prophet frightened her during their initial reading. Goldtooth laughs off Foxglove’s fears, declaring, “Dark fates and prophecies. All just part of the game.”

Zeeva turns back to you and comments, "Well, but the fates are not all bad. Certainly they seem to have worked in your favor. Please allow me one more reading for you all. I have a sense it will be good." (In essence, you earn a boon!)

Thanks everyone for playing! I hope you all enjoyed the scenario despite its much slower pace. And I apologize again for that. I did not anticipate that it would move so slowly or take so long when I first started it. If I had known I probably would have either not started it or at least warned you a little better in advance. I'm taking a break from GMing PbP for a while as it is not really conducive to my return to farming (what with long hours and not much time on the computer anymore). I'll still be around though so I look forward to playing with you all more in the future!

I'll get the game reported and your chronicles sent out tomorrow. Thanks again!

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 3 HP:26/26 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 Perception +7 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Yay!

"It was our pleasure. Just glad to be of help."

201 to 250 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Endless Forms' PFS 08-01 Portent's Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.