Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMElberion's Wounded Wisp PBP Gameday 6

Game Master GeraintElberion

Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng has a small job for some enthusiastic young pathfinders.


151 to 200 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

"Paying our respects to someone here is our business... can you direct us to the resting place of Arkath the stonemason?"

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1 | HP: 9/11 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Smite 0/1 | Active conditions: None |

Kvina bows deeply to Janira. "Thank-you! With this I can finally feel like I can catch my breath. and you make it sound like there is more to Venture-Captain Dreng than he lets on..." She leaves the comment hanging, hoping that Janira would finally fill them in on the details of the mysterious man.

Leaving the tavern with her neck stinging a little and her pride stinging more, Kvina leads the way to the mausoleum. She approaches the lady with the streak, with a smile on her face, before getting cut off by Merisiel. She takes a sidelong glance at the woman before explaining. "You should know that graveyards are not exclusively the domain of Pharasma, don't worshipers of Ashava the True-Spark worship here too? but that's besides the matter, we are Pathfinders here to investigate rumors that one of our group has been with holding information. Supposedly one of the keys to this mystery is buried with one of the men here. Would you mind helping us put these rumors to a rest?"

_______

rolls:

Knowledge religion, for spoiler: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Umm shoot, this is looking like a fight, and if so I'd love AC and Special Abilities
Knowledge religion, for roleplay: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Diplomacy, just in case: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Sorry Merisiel, Kvina is a paladin and a rather by the book one too, so she's going to be truthful... even if it ends up being a bad idea.

Scarab Sages

LG Male Human (Mwangi) Arcanist 1.0 | HP 9/9 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | F +2 R +2 W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +0 SM +0 | K (A, N, P) +8 | Arcane Reservoir (2/4) | 1st: 2/3 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"We will be most respectful in our handling of the deceased," Sesotho says with a bow to the priestess. "I promise that the soul will not be disturbed."

Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

His soul should have long departed here so that it can not be disturbed by us.

"And if you need proof of what we say, I have it right here." Valtyra brandishes the file but does not actually show its contents. "Now if you be so kind as to direct us to the tomb we seek, it would be greatly appreciated."


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

"Very well," the woman gives a low bow and gestures along the path, "This way. You must ensure that you treat the remains with respect, and that all is left as you found it."

The stone slabs of the mausoleum are awkward and heavy to handle but you are able to move them aside and enter the tomb if you wish.
From the entrance you can see that the interior is bare apart from a raised stone sarcophagus in the middle of the room.
The priest stands beside you at the entrance.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

"Give me just a moment to check for any magic within the tomb. Valtyra verbalizes a few arcane words while standing at the entrance.

Actions:
Valtyra casts Detect Magic into the tomb making sure that sarcophagus is within the cone.


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Valtyra:
You sense an aura of faint divination from within the sarcophagus.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

"I am detecting a faint divination aura from within the sarcophagus." Valtyra steps aside so that those who are better equipped to handle any physical threats may enter the tomb first.

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1 | HP: 9/11 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Smite 0/1 | Active conditions: None |

Kvina gives the priest a bow. "Thank-you, we wouldn't dream of disturbing or leaving his body disturbed. And actually having you along for the journey will probably help us make sure we don't encounter any problems with undead!"

When the group reaches the mausoleum, Kvina takes the lead spot, drawing he longsword and whispering a few words over it before it flares to life in a bright flash of light. She heads down.

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

Merisiel follows Kvina internally grousing about paladin ethics... but saying nothing aloud about them... though the look on her face probably says it all. Good thing Kvina is in front of her and can't see her.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Human Cleric 1 | HP:11/11 | AC: 17 (11 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Channel Negative Energy 1/1 | Copycat 7/7 | Active conditions:

"Thank you kindly, madam. And do not worry, we wouldn't dream of disturbing anything in the mausoleum. We are Pathfinders, after all." Quintus says, and somehow manages to keep his face steady.

The cleric draws his mace, and follows the group right after Kvina.

And if and when we need to take something from the sarcofagus, we'll need to lose the priest for a while. And perhaps our paladin as well.

Scarab Sages

LG Male Human (Mwangi) Arcanist 1.0 | HP 9/9 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | F +2 R +2 W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +0 SM +0 | K (A, N, P) +8 | Arcane Reservoir (2/4) | 1st: 2/3 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Sesotho, being not better equipped to deal with physical challenges, waits at the mausoleum door.


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Within, the space is plain and clear, only a thin patina of dust covering the surfaces.
The lid of the sarcophagus seems solid but, if it is the same stone as the doors, you should be able to shift it and take a look inside...

As you do, the Pharasmin narrows her eyes, "Careful..." but does not interfere.

Kvina, Merisiel, Quintus:
Inside the sracophagus you can see pale bones of a human skeleton, only adorned by a strange, little silver coin held between its teeth.

DC 18 Spellcraft:

The Exchange

Male LN Human Cleric 1 | HP:11/11 | AC: 17 (11 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Channel Negative Energy 1/1 | Copycat 7/7 | Active conditions:

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"There is a Pathfinder's Coin buried with the corpse." Quintus says, after casting a small detection spell. He does not yet reach out for the coin, and instead turns towards the others - and especially the Pharasman priest.

"This item is a device for recording messages from one Pathfinder to another. As this item is legal property of Pathfinder Society, and the deceased was not a member, we are bound to take the coin to the Grand Lodge for further investigations. Should the coin proven to be a gift, instead of being stolen, we will of course return it to the sarcophagus. I hope the representative of Pharasma agrees with this procedure."

Bluff (Profession:Barrister): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

GM Screen:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The woman frowns for a moment, then shrugs. "Do not disturb the corpse futher, but you may return the coin to your Grand Lodge."
She looks again at the skeleton, "Would any of you like to join me in prayer as we seal the mausoleum?"

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1 | HP: 9/11 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Smite 0/1 | Active conditions: None |

Kvina looks at Quintus. "Wow, Quintus, you're pretty knowledgeable. I've never heard of a Pathfinder Coin, much less that it was the Society's property! We should definitely take it back with us!"

She then turns to look at the cleric. "I feel like I keep thanking you, but once more, we appreciate your help and cooperation in this investigation. It would be my pleasure to join you in prayer, assuming I can say a few words to the Inheritor as well."

_______
I can say that Kvina flubs the sense motive roll for that bluff check without it being an in-character decision, right? If not let's hope she dones't roll well. Sene motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Scarab Sages

LG Male Human (Mwangi) Arcanist 1.0 | HP 9/9 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | F +2 R +2 W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +0 SM +0 | K (A, N, P) +8 | Arcane Reservoir (2/4) | 1st: 2/3 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"I will join you in prayer, priestess," Sesotho says. "The Magaambya encourages us to respect all divinity that does not coerce or destroy."

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

"A Pathfinder Coin. Now that is an interesting find indeed. Lets see what message it contains. Valtyra appears eager to extract a new bit of information and utterly ignores the those who are praying as the mausoleum is resealed.

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

Merisial will stand around waiting for the prayers to get over, but not actually participating in them... Her hypocrisy apparently does have its limits.

The Exchange

Male LN Human Cleric 1 | HP:11/11 | AC: 17 (11 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Channel Negative Energy 1/1 | Copycat 7/7 | Active conditions:

"Naturally, as a fellow priest, I shall join you in prayer." Quintus says with reassuring smile.

He takes the coin from the corpse, and waits for the Pharasman priest to begin his prayer.


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

”As above, so below
Tracing a spiral in the snow
In life and death
First and last breath
Bask in her grace
The Gray Lady awaits.”

The cleric thanks you for tour reverence and sees you out of the graveyard.

What now?”

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

"So what do we do with this coin, eh?"

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

”We get it to release the message it must contain.” Valtyre looks at Merisiel like why can she not grasp the obvious. ”With whatever clue or clues that it contains we can then figure out how to further proceed.”

Scarab Sages

LG Male Human (Mwangi) Arcanist 1.0 | HP 9/9 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | F +2 R +2 W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +0 SM +0 | K (A, N, P) +8 | Arcane Reservoir (2/4) | 1st: 2/3 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"You use wayfinders to release the message, correct?" Sesotho says, looking to Quintus for confirmation.

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1 | HP: 9/11 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Smite 0/1 | Active conditions: None |

After joining the prayer and adding her own Iomedaen prayer as well, Kvina thanks the preist and tries to usher the rest of the group out of the graveyard.

"So, if Sesotho is right and we need a wayfinder, does anyone have one? If not who can we contact that does have one?"

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

"I don't... maybe that gnome bard we met at the bar might have one... or we could always just go ask at the lodge."

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

"If we return to the Wounded Wisp I am sure we can find a Pathfinder there that has a Wayfiinder they would being willing to allow us to use with the Pathfinder Coin."

Scarab Sages

LG Male Human (Mwangi) Arcanist 1.0 | HP 9/9 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | F +2 R +2 W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +0 SM +0 | K (A, N, P) +8 | Arcane Reservoir (2/4) | 1st: 2/3 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"She's a halfling," Sesotho corrects Merisiel. "But, yes, the Wounded Wisp should have plenty of off duty Pathfinders."

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1 | HP: 9/11 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Smite 0/1 | Active conditions: None |

Kvina gives a small smile, and turns around to face the exit of the graveyard. In a loud, cheerful voice she calls out, "Alright then, to the Wounded Wisp!" She then starts trekking off in the direction of the tavern they had jsut come from.

The Exchange

Male LN Human Cleric 1 | HP:11/11 | AC: 17 (11 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Channel Negative Energy 1/1 | Copycat 7/7 | Active conditions:

"Yes, indeed. For what I've understood, the coin needs to be placed over a Wayfinder in order to play the message."


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

It has not been long and the clientele at the Wounded Wisp has not changed much, although the half-orcs are now hunched over a game a chequers and Yargos is eating a gravy-soaked pie.

Janira is coaching a young half-elf through the castin of some spell and Aram is writing in a notebook.

They all take notice when Heryn calls out across the bar to you, "Back so soon. Any tales?"

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Valtyra follows the overtly exuberant paladin back to the Wounded Wisp. "Why are you so cheery all of the sudden Kvina? I would think that tracking down evidence that a fellow Pathfinder was failing to follow the one of the three base tenants of the Society would staunch one's outward happiness rather than stoke it."

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1 | HP: 9/11 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Smite 0/1 | Active conditions: None |
Valtyra Braga wrote:
Valtyra follows the overtly exuberant paladin back to the Wounded Wisp. "Why are you so cheery all of the sudden Kvina? I would think that tracking down evidence that a fellow Pathfinder was failing to follow the one of the three base tenants of the Society would staunch one's outward happiness rather than stoke it."

"You're probably right, but there are plenty of other things to be happy about. The rain has stopped and it's a pleasant night, we've retrieved Society property from one who supposedly been collaborating with the person we are investigating. Finally we only have some heresay that she wasn't upholding the tenant, nothing has been proved definitively." Kvina pauses for a second, mid-stride, the cheer dropping from her voice as it loses much of the volume. "Also being in that mausoleum reminded me how good it is to be alive, and not choking to death..."

She turns back to the group a smile plastered back on her face. "But that's besides the point. I do believe we were searching for a wayfinder we could borrow."

In the tavern she calls back to Heryn, "Just one about a dusty mausoleum, a Phrasman priest and a body buried with Society property. It's kinda boring, really."

Deciding that Aram is probably the most approachable, Kvina moves up to the man and asks, "Aram, sorry to interrupt your reading, but we found something that apparently only responds to a wayfinder. It's a bit shameful to say but no one in our group has one yet... Do you have one we could possibly borrow for a minute?"

Scarab Sages

LG Male Human (Mwangi) Arcanist 1.0 | HP 9/9 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | F +2 R +2 W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +0 SM +0 | K (A, N, P) +8 | Arcane Reservoir (2/4) | 1st: 2/3 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Not to mention it happened decades ago," Sesotho mentions to the emberkin. "On a historical scale, this would not seem to even measure as the smallest atrocity."


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Aram produces a battered, dented old wayfinder, it's body covered in complex runes.
"Very well, paladin, I am intrigued? What need have you of a wayfinder?"

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1 | HP: 9/11 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Smite 0/1 | Active conditions: None |

Kvina gestures for Quintus to join them at the table. "In our investigation we found a Pathfinder's Coin and we apparently can't hear the message it might hold without a wayfinder. If you want you can certainly listen to the message as well, though I don't know what's in it, or even if there is one..."


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

”A pathfinder’s coin?! I will listen, I think, and you will promise to tell me your own version of events, when next we meet.”

Aram lays his way finder open on the table and looks expectantly around.

Full story when I am back with my laptop.


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

As the coin is placed atop the wayfinder, thin lines of blue and golden light appear across the coin in a disjointed arcane network.
The illuminated disc then rises slowly about an inch above the surface and oscillates slowly.

A voice speaks from the Pathfinder's Coin, "The path and chamber are complete, hidden behind the nameplate of the requested aspirant and guarded by the word you requested. Fimbrik will add more."

The moment that the voice ends, the coin loses all light and drops onto the wayfinder.

Scarab Sages

LG Male Human (Mwangi) Arcanist 1.0 | HP 9/9 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | F +2 R +2 W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +0 SM +0 | K (A, N, P) +8 | Arcane Reservoir (2/4) | 1st: 2/3 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Sesotho transcribes the coin's message as it spins above the borrowed wayfinder.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

When the name Fimbrik is mentioned Valtyra immediately begins flipping through the case file. "Ah, yes, here it is." as she stabs a finger at the page. "Fimbrik is mentioned as a gnome wizard from the Arcanomirium. It also states that Eylysia was a friend of Fimbrik and lists Fimbrik' home address." She snaps the file closed and stows it away again.

"So with this shall we see what clue or clues Fimbrik might lead us to?"

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

"Let's go see this Fimbrik and hope he's still at that address... people move, people die... even gnomes."


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Fimbrik's home is in the Wise Quarter, on the campus of the Arcanarium.

DC 10 Knowledge (local or religion):
The Arcanamirium is Absalom’s oldest and largest magical institution, and arguably the most prestigious arcane academy in the whole inner sea. Unlike many competing institutions, it encourages the combination of magic with martial skills, stealth, divine rituals, and even mundane talents.

As you enter the grounds, a porter approaches you, "Good day, ladies, gents, what business might you have at the Arcanarium?"

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1 | HP: 9/11 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Smite 0/1 | Active conditions: None |

"Oh, so that's why I know that name! Thanks Valtyra! Yes let's go find this 'Fimbrik'!"

Kvina turns to Aram and gives him a bow. "Thank you sir for your help. It proved to be invaluable, and before you ask, we would be glad to tell you the full story when we know it!" With this she turns back to her group and says, "Shall we get moving?"

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

know local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 "Interesting place, this arcanarium... magic combined with other abilities and talents...Thank you for the use of your wayfinder, sir... and let's go!"

Merisiel heads out for the Wise Quarter.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Knowledge (local), Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20

"Good day. We have come seeking a gnome wizard who goes by the name Fimbrik. Would you be able to provide us direction to him or if he is no longer among your residents, be able to direct us to someone who has knowledge of him?"


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

"Fimbrik, Fimbrik... what's the address?" The man taps a long finger thoughtfully on his lips.

When he sees the address, recognition lights his face, "Oh, yes. The old gnome! I've never met him myself but, yes, that is his adress."

The porter gives you simple directions and you soon approach a square stone building with rounded corners, set in a neat lawn and with a short path winding to it from the road.

As you reach the building you see windows on each curved corner wall and a large oak door, reached by a single broad, brick step.

Stacks of monthly newspapers are piled neatly around the door's base and one is lodged in the letterbox.

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

"Looks like no one's been home for a very long time... but who stacked up the newspapers all neatly like that?" Merisiel walks up to the door and checks it for traps before knocking on it.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 5/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Once Merisiel finishes checking the door for traps Valtyra will cast detect magic on the door to be sure no other nasty surprises await us. "Odd but I would assume someone is here if the newspapers are being arranged like that. The questions remains though as to whom it may be."

Actions:
If the Detec Magic spell finds an aura of magic on the door then Valtrya will concentrate for the next two rounds and try to identify the of aura, the strength of the most potent aura and the school of the aura. She will also attempt to identify the spell causing the aura if I am able.
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Grand Lodge

MERISIEL HP 10/10; AC 17, t 14, ff 13; f 2, r 6, w 1; bab 0, melee +0/4, ranged +4; cmb 2, cmd 16; perc +7; init +4 | elf rogue / 1
skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +5, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7 (+8 to locate traps), Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7

Merisiel will wait a moment for Valtyra's spell, then try the door. If it's locked, she'll attempt to enter via lockpicks.

disable: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Gallows MapWounded Wisp Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Together, the two adventurers find no traps or magic on the door.

As Merisiel picks the lock, she becomes keenly aware of people walking along the street.
Stealth check, please, Merisiel

151 to 200 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Wounded Wisp | Gameday VI All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.