Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Elberion's Gallows of Madness (PFS)

Game Master GeraintElberion

Turn up, copy some books... easy.


301 to 350 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As you stop at a corner, discussing your next step, Alcie Kruptin, your host at The Witch's End approaches your group.
"I bin ponderin' yon questions an' I had a wee gander in Morvinnar's room: He lodges over t' stables. Anyhoo, watcha reckon ta this!"

The woman proffers a scrap of parchment.
See slide three on the Gallows Map link

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 1 [HP 10/10] [AC:16 T:14 FF:14 CMD:15] [Init +3] [Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Carson takes the parchment and reads it out loud to the others. Handing it back to Alcie and asks, "Do you know who wrote this to Morvinnar? Do you know where the usual place is?"


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

She scratches her knuckles, "I've no ken, y'hear? There's no name."

Scarab Sages

Male Slyph #135676-8 Johnny Sniper Boon Fighter (Weapon Master Longbow): HP:12/12, Speed:25, Init:5, AC:19(21 vs non-magic ranged), FF:16(18 ranged), T:13, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Perc:6, Darkvison

As Johnny sees her scratching her knuckles Got an itch


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The innkeeper shrugs, "Naw, bad habit is all."

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 1 [HP 0/6] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +0]

Stepping out from the back of the group Verathis says "Thank you for bringing this to our attention." Then he asks "May we keep that note? It may be of use in our investigation."

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 1 [HP 10/10] [AC:16 T:14 FF:14 CMD:15] [Init +3] [Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Carson looks around and "We know that they have been taken but we have no clue as to where they are. We need to check on the last names on this list and see what we can find out."

He turns to Alcie and hands her the list of missing apprentices. "Was there anyone else who hung out with this group that might be able to help us. Someone who would know where the usual place was and may have known what was going on?"


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Alcie shrugs, "Y'can keep it."

Then she looks blankly at Carson, "That group? I din ken every title among 'em but they be..." She goes on to name and describe all of the people on the list.
"That's about the size of it, I reckon." Her voice becomes quiet, "Look, y'hear, That lad's a good 'un. Don't be tellin' 'im nowt be 'e is all the same. If he be in a pickle an' you got the trim t' pull 'im out then I'll be in debt to you."

She then makes her excuses and sets to leave.

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 HP 13/13| AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+4 R+3 W+1 | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada scratches his head

"Who on the list haven't we looked into yet?"
Harada asks his companions.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Did we talk to the bread maker directly?

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 1 [HP 0/6] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +0]

"As far as you've told me we have him and the haberdasher to go."Verathis answers.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

I could eat. let's talk to the breadmaker.

Time of day check, DM?


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

It's a large town which you've been bustling around. You've walked and talked enough that we are getting to mid-afternoon: 4pm in modern parlance.

Gunty's Hearty Breads is all bustle: customers discuss large orders for caravans while bakers and apprentices shift loaves, fuel ovens and knead dough.
In the yard, two bakers are struggling with a cart with broken wheels and a queue has begun to clog the street.
At the heart of the furnace a tall, thick-armed man bawls out an apprentice, "You call that bread? I can't sell that, I'd lose all my customers in a week if'n word got around. If a soldier of mine had treated his kit like you treat that dough, he'd better hope the goblins got him afore I did!"
As the apprentice scurries away, he eyes you and limps forward with an awkward gait, "Welcome to Gunty's Hearty Breads: the heartiest damn breads this side o’ the river." He looks you up and down, "You fellas provisioning for a caravan?"

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Grel stops by the bakers with the broken cart. Here, get on the other side, let's get you out of the path here.

Scarab Sages

Male Slyph #135676-8 Johnny Sniper Boon Fighter (Weapon Master Longbow): HP:12/12, Speed:25, Init:5, AC:19(21 vs non-magic ranged), FF:16(18 ranged), T:13, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Perc:6, Darkvison

Hey, what would it take to help repair that broken cart?


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Strength check to help move the cart.

The bakers nod gratefully at Grel's offer of help and re-organise as suggested. Then they ready for his signal.

Johnny, the cart seems to require extensive repairs before it will take a wheel again.

The big man speaks up again, "Well, what'll it be?"

Scarab Sages

Male Slyph #135676-8 Johnny Sniper Boon Fighter (Weapon Master Longbow): HP:12/12, Speed:25, Init:5, AC:19(21 vs non-magic ranged), FF:16(18 ranged), T:13, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Perc:6, Darkvison

I'm still waiting for the rest of of team to decide that along with me.

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 HP 13/13| AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+4 R+3 W+1 | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada asks the man "We're helping track down the wayward apprentices, when's the last you saw yours, and where does he like to hang out to avoid us big folk?"

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

1,2,3 Heave!

lol


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Gunty laughs at Grel's effort, "What's a matter? I thought dwarves were tough!"

Then he turns to Harada, "You've got missing apprentices too eh? Well, I've only got one missing: she's just playing hooky 'cause she can't hack the hard work."

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 1 [HP 0/6] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +0]

Verathis inquires "Is her absence a common occurrence then? If so you wouldn't happen to know where she goes when she dose so would you?"


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

"Now slow down with all the questions and tell me who in all the hells you are, or this ok' soldier'll clam up like a clam in a chastity belt."

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 HP 13/13| AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+4 R+3 W+1 | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada replies "We're the folks liftin' your wagon out of the muck. Also the mayor hired us."

str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Grel blushes a bit at the egregious failure to assist. Seems he has trouble aiding in even the most mundane of tasks.

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 1 [HP 0/6] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +0]

"Of course, please forgive my rudeness. My name is Verathis Adrazek. my companions and I were asked by the mayor to look into some things. Mr.Stevenson the note if you would. In the course of our investigations your wayward apprentice came up.

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 1 [HP 10/10] [AC:16 T:14 FF:14 CMD:15] [Init +3] [Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Carson steps forward and presents the letter from the mayor and the list of missing persons to Gunty.

"We are looking for any information you might have on Naomi and the others on this list. The mayor would like us to find them as soon as possible. We believe they may be in danger. The mayor would like this kept quiet while we are looking for them for the safety of everyone involved."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Harada shifts the cart almost single-handedly.

The baker seems unimpressed by your dropping of the mayor's name but is very happy to see Harada in action. He slaps the big man on the back and roars his appreciation, "Whaor! That's some muscle there laddee."

Grinning, he gives your group more attention, "Noemi, eh? She's had her head in the clouds las' couple o' days. When her monnin' cost us a batch o' loaves I gave her ears a cleanout. I figured she was on the big sulk. Might'n be diff'rent. Might'n be: she's not that sort. Honestly, I thought them lights in the orchard over yonder were her coveys plannin' some kinda prank t'avenge her."

He shrugs, "Last couple o' days, every evenin' when things are quiet like. Might be something in that, fellas... hey, if'n she been in trouble, let me know: I done docked her wages for not showin'. Won't if'n she ain't ta blame."

Gunty grins at Harada, "You wear the burnin' blade? You shoulda."
The burning blade is a well-known colloquial description of Isger's military insignia."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Fighter 1 HP 13/13| AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+4 R+3 W+1 | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada mostly ignores the potentially useful information and instead pulls back his left sleeve and shows off his muscles with a grin and a wink.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Gunty laughs heartily, "Aye, when you've got it, you should know it."

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 1 [HP 0/6] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +0]

"I think you may be right about those lights .What kind were they, fire or magic?" asks Verathis.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Verathis Adrazek wrote:

"I think you may be right about those lights .What kind were they, fire or magic?" asks Verathis.

Gunty shrugs, "Dunno much about magic. Don't trust it.

His eyes narrow, "Ain't no demon summoning goon' on here? There better not be." His hands unconsciously begin curling into fists.

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 1 [HP 10/10] [AC:16 T:14 FF:14 CMD:15] [Init +3] [Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +1] [Perception +5]

"I think we need to pay a visit to the orchard this evening and see what is going on. In the meantime we should go see the haberdasher."

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 HP 13/13| AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+4 R+3 W+1 | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada shakes his head at the man before looking to Carson

"That sounds like a good idea."


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As you approach Petrello's Haberdashery, the sun begins its first signs of waning and your bellies rumble a little: adventuring is hungry work.

Pushing open the door beneath the sign (a curling image of a hat, superimposed with a needle and thread), the workshop is, quite frankly, a mess. Piles of half-formed hats lie across tables, chairs and cabinets while a slender, handsome man fiddles with an embroidered flower.

He looks up sharply as you enter, "Yes?"

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 1 [HP 0/6] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +0]

"Good evening sir. We where looking for Betrona Pindlion and wondered if you could help point us in the right direction."says Verathis as he examines many half hats.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

He scowls up at you, "Well, if you find her, let me know. And tell her that her father is not best pleased."


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

After a moment, the man sighs, "Apologies: you're not responsible for wayward children."

He puts down his tools, "What has she done now?"

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

How long has it been since you've seen her? Seems there's a group of youngin's that have gotten themselves lost.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The man rolls his eyes, "Let me guess: that flibertigibbert, Gellion, has them all running around after some fool's errand? She's been away for a couple of days. Too woolly-headed she is, too much of a follower. Too soft."

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aye. Do ya' have any means of contacting her? or otherwise tracking her down?


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

He snorts, "Normally, I just bang on the table and shout that supper's on the table. She loves here, above the shop, and she's not daft enough to go wandering in the woods with stray goblins and whatnot."
After staring blankly out of the window for a second, he seems more thoughtful, I suppose she could have taken off down the river, or joined a caravan... hard t' picture though."

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Could you describe her recent interests? What sort of things did these flibbertigibbets get involved in?

Scarab Sages

Male Slyph #135676-8 Johnny Sniper Boon Fighter (Weapon Master Longbow): HP:12/12, Speed:25, Init:5, AC:19(21 vs non-magic ranged), FF:16(18 ranged), T:13, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Perc:6, Darkvison

Well crew, every second we wait means she could be in danger


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Petrellano blanches, "In danger? Sincerely? What is going on?"

Scarab Sages

Male Slyph #135676-8 Johnny Sniper Boon Fighter (Weapon Master Longbow): HP:12/12, Speed:25, Init:5, AC:19(21 vs non-magic ranged), FF:16(18 ranged), T:13, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Perc:6, Darkvison

Sorry about that, I'm just incredibly concerned about everyone's safety and worry about everything, even if we are only one minute late on finding someone or something.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

He stamps his foot, "“It’s that apothecary boy’s fault. He’s a bad influence, that one!”

He shakes his head, "I told her to steer clear of that useless lot. Bound to end in tears. But does she listen to me? She's as bad as her mother sometimes! She'd sneak of sometimes, meeting with that sorry bunch in the graveyard or the orchard, quiet places but not really anyone's property, y'see."

A huff escapes from him, "Kids today, honestly. You can tell 'em till you're blue int he face, but will they listen?"

That's about all you'll get from him. He's a really inspirational father...

So, the sun is dipping its toes into the horizon, your bellies are rumbling... What's it to be: the orchard, return to one of the apprentice's masters, or something else?

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 1 [HP 10/10] [AC:16 T:14 FF:14 CMD:15] [Init +3] [Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +1] [Perception +5]

"Thank you for the information. When we find them maybe we can talk some sense into them."

Once outside he turns to the others, "Let's head back to the inn and grab a bite to eat. After that we can gear up for a little stroll in the orchard.'

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4 R+2 W+5 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Grel nods. I could go for a hard cheese and some ale before we go save these kids.

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 1 [HP 0/6] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +0]

"Sounds good to us." Verathis Replies

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 HP 13/13| AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+4 R+3 W+1 | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada points out on their way to the inn "Ya know, I'm not sure I'd ever forgive myself if harm came to those kids because we decided to stop for a bite to eat first. How about we check out the orchard and if that doesn't pan out come back for a late supper?"

301 to 350 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Gallows of Madness (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.