Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


401 to 450 of 1,513 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Janniven holds Morosino close to her: Peace, Daxius, peace. Morosino was followed, nothing more.

I don't really want to butt in with DMPC. That's Janniven's way though, sorry, she has great confidence in every one of you. She won't be on your shoulder once you clear the sewers.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

"Make sure the others are all right first." She says to Nicolai.

Astra then turns on Daxius and drops the punching dagger to the floor. Tears are in her eyes, but there is something else there as well.

"If you feel that I am a traitor then you can kill me and the armiger. I saved him because it would have been wrong to let him die. I have no love for the empire that fosters this hatred and fear." She points to the notch in her ear. "This and the scar on my back are constant reminders that I am not welcome here. I am not human. I do not worship Asmodeus. I am just a scared little half-elf that would love nothing more than to sing beneath the stars to Desna. Believe what you want, but I speak the truth."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius tries hard to keep the empathy out of his eyes, but doesn't manage it entirely. "I never suggested killing anyone. On the other hand, your rash impulse to do what seemed like the right thing in the moment may have doomed us all." He points at the armiger. "We will not kill this man. He has acted honorably while in our custody, and must be released upon our egress from these detestable sewers. He will then inform his superiors of our numbers, descriptions, any names he has heard and which way we are traveling. They will punish him harshly for his embarassing failure, and they will continue to hunt us with their newfound intelligence. We must escape this area immediately, and unless anyone has a better idea, we must flee the city."

After a moment's thought, he adds softly, "Your elf-blood does not make you unwelcome in my eyes. I am proud to acquaint myself with like-minded individuals who struggle against the opression literally hanging over our heads. I would, however, appreciate it if you could consider the consequences of your actions before you take them."

Daxius is ready to take up his rear guard duties again, unless Hyngrot declares himself too wounded. He'll take lead if that's the case, following Janniven's direction.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot relaxes his grip on his sword at Daxius's words. "I really didn't want to fight him, even if I wasn't injured." "Now that that's settled, let me use one of Nic's poutlice's quick here, as well as the ladies, and we can see about getting back into the sewers. Hopefully we don't encounter any more monsters on the way. Dax already ruined my throw the Armiger and run plan, and I don't feel like dying twice today."

What do the poultices heal HP wise? Also Hyngrot's too hard-headed to back down.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The poultice will heal 1d8+1, Nicolai has 5 of them and 2 sunrods in his bag.

The armiger looks shocked by your frank conversation but holds his tongue.

Janniven looks to Pontia: What have you found?

searching the bags and boxes:

You can find 12gp in loose coin, a rusted handaxe, an iron ring with a leering skull motif and a green cap with a feather in it very robin hood. The green cap is magical.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius holds up a dogslicer as he moves to the rear of the group. "Does anyone need a crude and unbalanced but mostly functional weapon?"

He'll hand it off to the first request. If there are no takers, he'll tuck it back into his belt alongside the other one.

He tells Morosino, "You were very brave back there. We're almost free of this place."

As he passes the Armiger, he says, "I lost my crossbow, so now all I have is three feet of sharpened steel pointed at your back. Continue on your honorable course and we will all leave these sewers alive."

When he gets to his position in the tunnel, he strains his senses to detect pursuit of any kind.

perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Using a pultice before continuing. I'll also throw up a perception and survival roll for when we start.

Dice:

Poultice: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Survival: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 14

Well, at least it was a good roll on the healing.


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Rummaging through the junk pile, Pontia pulls out a few coins (12 gp), a rusty handaxe, a ring, and a green cap with a feather in it. "The cap carries some sort of magical effect. If we get out of here alive, I'll examine it in more detail. In the meantime, if no one minds I'll hold on to it."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As the group pulls it self together, Daxius listens down the passageway:

Daxius:

Amongst the plinking echoes of the sewers you can make out no sounds of pursuit.

While Hyngrot locates the tunnel markings:

Hyngrot:
You find a soot-stained marking pointing up the tunnel ahead.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"Until you know what that hocus pocus does, you can keep it. Probably turn me into a gnome or something, way my luck down here is going. And I think I found the next mark to help get us out of here."


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

After handing out the poultices, Nicolai puts the sack away and waves off the offer of the dogslicer. "No thanks...I've got this." Nico puts away his crossbow, takes out his mace.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

I'm guessing that Pontia has a potion as well.

Cure Light Wounds Potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Astra's back at full.

Astra takes on of the potions and drinks it. The gash on her stomach and the cut on her thigh both heal up as she drinks the poultice. Her tunic is ruined, but the trousers look like they just need to be stitched up.

"Thank you Nicolai."

After that she takes her place in line and makes a mental note to talk to Daxius after they all got out of here.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

After travelling for a few more minutes you reach a marking pointing upwards toward a sewer grate. Janniven grins: This is it!

As you push up and out of the sewers you find yourselves blinking away the bright light of the sun.

Once you can see clearly again you find yourselves in an overgrown yard behind a building of grand but dishevelled stonework.

Morosino finally lets go of Janniven and hops over to a small door leading into the building. As he taps on the door, Janniven whispers to you all: Quickly, inside before anyone sees us.


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Pontia applies her poultice as well.

Damage healed: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"I'll patch up the clothes once we have some time. I can clean up as soon as we're out of sight, though."

Before the party emerges, she asks Janniven quietly, "Should we blindfold the armiger?"


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Janniven pauses: Um...

gm rolls:

perception1d20 ⇒ 18


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The armiger looks around nervously, he seems like he is about to speak...


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Pontia smiles slightly at the armiger. "It's for your own protection--the less you know, the more likely it is that we'd be able to eventually let you go."


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra smiles and gives Pontia a nod of thanks.

"That would be great."

------

"Sorry." She looks sheepishly at the armiger. It's pretty much my fault he's in this situation.

------

Once outside, she wastes no time getting inside the building.

When everybody is inside she'll pull Janniven aside and away from the armiger.

"Could you tell me where we are? I need to get my gear before word about us gets too far."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

"Speak your mind." Daxius urges the armiger, searching for a rag to use as a blindfold.

Intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Sense Motive on any communication, verbal or non-verbal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Edit: really?


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8
Astra Vesper wrote:


Once outside, she wastes no time getting inside the building.

When everybody is inside she'll pull Janniven aside and away from the armiger.

"Could you tell me where we are? I need to get my gear before word about us gets too far."

"I also have some things to get, and I have to warn my teacher."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The armiger grimaces but accepts the blindfold. You enter a narrow corridor and Janniven sits the armiger in a small ante-chamber: Wait here for a second, someone will bring you some food. We are good people, have no fear of us.

She then leads you out of another door and into a large open chamber, light floods the room from panels (some filled with glass!) in a domed ceiling and tall, slender arches support high galleries: Welcome to our temple of Aroden.

Janniven smiles and waves toward a small group of people who are gathered loosely around the old altar/font, they approach you, eager but a little wary of the battle-scarred gang: Janniven, are you alright? Where's Arael?

The temple is grand but tumble-down. You notice that most of the windows are boarded-over, especially on the lower floors and the small fire is further concealed by old rood-screens.

A small side-chapel has been converted into a shrine to Iomedae, the inheritor, and you can see makeshift sleeping quarters as you pass some side passages.

All of the people are on the ground floor except for one on a high-gallery, evidently keeping watch.

I'll introduce the group later but they defer to Janniven and her guests, so you have a chance to introduce yourselves and ask questions.


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Once the group is out of sight, Pontia will start cleaning everyone up with prestidigitation spells. She'll start with Astra and the rest of the wounded, then the armiger (to be polite; also since he was in the stream when we found him), and end with Morosino.

Before she introduces herself, Pontia asks the armiger, "Can you give us any reason to trust you with more information about us than you already have?"


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The armiger is off-stage at present, you can decide what to do with him when you're ready but Janniven has led him in blindfolded and sat in a non-descript room. If you want to talk to him, you can.

The armiger replies: Look, I've only been an armiger about two months. You lot are supposed to be vicious, hardened criminals who'd steal from poor mothers and gut a man soon as look at 'im.

He pauses and slows down his speech: You lot don't act like monsters, and I reckon going back to the Hellknights like this would land me in a lot of bother... I don't need to know any more, I reckon Uncle Bareck's stables is a pretty safe kind of place to work, I reckon... Won't see owt like that sewer-thing in the stables.

dc15 sense motive:
He does not appear to be lying: in fact, he seems to admire your group.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

"Aroden is dead," Daxius pronounces matter-of-factly, as he guides the Armiger into a side room.

Sense motive1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Not sure whether the man is telling the truth, but not seeing much in the way of options, Daxius offers, "I can lead the armiger a mile or so away from this place, spin him around a few times, and hope he is either sincere, or has a poor sense of direction. It is a mediocre plan at best, but it may serve. I am open to suggestions."

If he hears no objections or other suggestions, he'll do as he described. He's too high strung to do anything else until their little Hellknight situation is addressed.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Astra merely smiles and gives him a simple blessing.

"May Desna give you good fortune and may the stars ever light your path."


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Untrained Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}
Daxius Veronius wrote:

Not sure whether the man is telling the truth, but not seeing much in the way of options, Daxius offers, "I can lead the armiger a mile or so away from this place, spin him around a few times, and hope he is either sincere, or has a poor sense of direction. It is a mediocre plan at best, but it may serve. I am open to suggestions."

If he hears no objections or other suggestions, he'll do as he described. He's too high strung to do anything else until their little Hellknight situation is addressed.

Sense Motive on Armiger: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16 Yay for human bonus

"Feeding him to a sewer monster would shut him up, but I think your plan has merit. Seems like a good kid, just needed some better role models."

Hyngrot goes over to the people with Janniven and introduces himself. "Name's Hyngrot. Last place we were at had an Armiger greeting party. What says this one won't soon as well?"

Sense Motive (general): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Just a general sense motive from the people Janniven is meeting with, looking for anyone suspicious. Add 2 if human.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Sense Motive at Armiger 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"That may be the best solution for our current situation, Daxius."

Nicolai looks around at the temple, the first time he's laid eyes on an Arodean temple. He then surveys the group of people in the temple.


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

I suppose I can trust the others' judgment.

Once back with the party away from the armiger, Pontia will look around with a neutral expression. "What now? I'm assuming we can't go back to what we were all doing before, and I for one don't particularly want to flee the city. Janniven, what sort of plan did you have in mind?"


I'm sorry, I never meant to trap you or trick you here, only to talk to you.

She shrugs and looks about the room: We are, all of us, proud people of Westcrown. We see a light in this city that has grown dim over the years. We want to change that.

Janniven begins pacing back and forth as she speaks: We're not mad dreamers or wild-eyed revolutionaries, we just think that if we can solve some of the cities problems without the help of hellknights or hell then maybe the people... maybe the people will see their strength once again.

What's really holding Westcrown back? Too much crime, too much neglect, the beasts in the night! House Thrune doesn't care about moldering old Westcrown and that's just fine with us but the passion in her voice is palpable this could be a beautiful city, abeatiful place to live: if only the people stood up for themselves.[b]

She pauses for a second and looks about the room, her gaze finally settling on your group: [b]If only we stood up for ourselves.

Janniven sits down next to Morrosino and ruffles his hair: Right now we're doing charitable works, helping the sick and the needy, but with the right allies perhaps we could shut down a few criminals, re-open some dead neighbourhoods, inspire our fellow Wiscrani... and from there? Who knows.

I wanted to speak to you, to you all, because I thought you were people who might want to help.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As Janniven subsides there is an awkward silence, it is broken by a small cough as a gently smiling halfling woman in an apron bustles in: Let's have a spot of supper and get to know each other, shall we? Grubs up!

The other people shuffle over to a pair of large tables, collecting bowls of stew, hunks of bread and wedges of cheese as they go.

first impression of the group, if you join them for food:

They are all eager to make friends and share information about themselves.

Ermolos: Ermolos is incredibly muscular, a physique the result of a long apprenticeship as a blacksmith. He walks with a slight limp—a lingering effect of a childhood illness. His father, Ermolos the Elder, was a relatively well-known adventurer who vanished on an ill-fated journey to Thuvia several years ago—Ermolos still clings to the hope to some day travel across the Inner Sea to find his missing parent.

Fiosa: Fiosa is a halfling house servant who is friends with many halfling slaves; she takes advantage of her freedom to help her kin as best she can. She has a very real respect for Janiven and Arael after they helped her smuggle several halfing slaves out of Westcrown (and out of a particularly heinous merchant’s home), and her newfound faith in Iomedae is quite strong.

Gorvio: Gorvio works for his uncle Jacovo, a horse trader, but has increasingly grown curious about his ancestry—his vibrant amber eyes (among hints he’s overheard from his uncle during the man’s frequent drunken bouts) make him suspect that somewhere in his past lurks the blood of a tiefling or two.

Larko: Larko lives a simple life as a dock worker, but daydreams of his childhood in the hills east of Westcrown and hopes some day to be able to afford to move out of the city and live a hunter’s life. He’s the strong, silent type, rarely speaking unless he has to.

Mathalen: Mathalen is a thin and wiry woman who worked as a porter but found the job dreadfully dull. She got through her days by making sure to take frequent breaks to meditate and purge her mind of “the poisons of menial labor.” This attitude struck her employer as lazy, and she was recently fired from her job and thinks of the Children of Westcrown as her new calling.

Rizzardo: After stowing away on a Chelish ship, Rizzardo found himself more or less stuck in Westcrown years ago. He earns his keep working at odd jobs as an unskilled laborer, but has to switch jobs frequently as a result of his temper and impatience at following orders from one person for too long. He only joined the Children of Westcrown because he took a liking to Janiven, but has since grown to enjoy the company of the others, particularly Ermolos, who he insists sounds like his little brother.

Sclavo: A soft-spoken yet intractable (if secret) worshiper of Iomedae, Sclavo has long worked as a scribe for one of Westcrown’s courts. He longs for a day when the laws of Westcrown can be reformed, and sees this group as a tool that, eventually, can be used to do just that.

Tarvi: Tarvi’s parents own a prosperous jewelry store in Westcrown — the “Glitter Palace". She’s worked there for years, but is far too witty and intelligent to do the job well. In those years she has engineered the failure of no less than a dozen attempts by her parents to get her married into nobility. Her true passion is studying magic — she has little time for romance, and hopes some day to be able to create and sell magical jewelry.

Vitti: Vitti is a strange, eccentric man who dyes his hair green and refuses to eat any food he doesn’t grow or catch himself. A talented woodcarver whose works earn him a modest income, he prides himself on the fact that he only carves wood that’s been harvested from deadfalls and other trees that died of natural causes.

Yakopulio: Of all the Children of Westcrown, noisy and irreverent Yakopulio is the least religious — she wears her atheism proudly, and her eagerness to contradict often sparks arguments among the others in the group. She works as a bartender (and moonlights as a pimp) at a tavern called the Bruised Eel, and many of the others in the Children of Westcrown don’t understand what Arael sees in the offensive gnome.

Although you can learn all of this, the hot debate amongst the group is what their group should be called and they are eager for any input you might have.

They are also thrilled to hear tales of your daring do from the sewers, you can tell them yourselves or let them believe Morosino's excitable retelling.


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Pontia will gladly have something more to eat, now that no one in the area smells like the sewers. Her initial absent-mindedness has not returned; she tries to listen carefully and respectfully to everyone, and does not herself speak except for minor politenesses for some time. At some opportune point, though, she brings up a concern. "Janniven, the things you say you're doing--charity and the like--why does it rouse such opposition? That armiger didn't think he was being sent to shut down a soup kitchen, and people who heal the sick are strange targets for arrest."


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

After slogging through a dangerous tunnel, dinner sounds good to Nicolai's ears. After quietly eating and listening to the conversation, he strikes up a minor conversation with Vitti, upon hearing that he is a woodcutter.

"You've been in the Barrowwood then? What's it like in there - any rare or unusual plants? Is it dangerous? Back in Ustalav, we have the Shudderwood...pretty dangerous itself, but I've been in the outer reaches before..."


Pontia Canario wrote:
Pontia will gladly have something more to eat, now that no one in the area smells like the sewers. Her initial absent-mindedness has not returned; she tries to listen carefully and respectfully to everyone, and does not herself speak except for minor politenesses for some time. At some opportune point, though, she brings up a concern. "Janniven, the things you say you're doing--charity and the like--why does it rouse such opposition? That armiger didn't think he was being sent to shut down a soup kitchen, and people who heal the sick are strange targets for arrest."

Well, we've also distributed a few pamphlets, pointed out a few inconvenient truths and made some criticism of the Dottari and the slave trade... she shrugs They call it "agitation", we call it a few home truths.

Arael and I helped some political prisoners to slink out of the city as well, and they really don't like Iomedaean priests who focus upon her aspect as the inheritor... to many reminders of Aroden and the old city.

Mathalen adds: They've never moved against us before though... we're just waiting to hear about the court situation.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:

After slogging through a dangerous tunnel, dinner sounds good to Nicolai's ears. After quietly eating and listening to the conversation, he strikes up a minor conversation with Vitti, upon hearing that he is a woodcutter.

"You've been in the Barrowwood then? What's it like in there - any rare or unusual plants? Is it dangerous? Back in Ustalav, we have the Shudderwood...pretty dangerous itself, but I've been in the outer reaches before..."

Aye, he grins over his soup, I'm not one to delve deep though. Y' get the odd bit a' Barroak and shade maple in the copses on the fringe.

He looks at you thoughtfully: Have y' good carving woods in Shudderwood? I likes lime and blackthorn: hard to get a big blackthorn bush though.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Just let me know when would be a good time to release the armiger. I can play it out or assume it happens off-stage. However you prefer.

Daxius walks stiffly over to the tables and introduces himself to the group. He eats a bit to be polite, but he's clearly uncomfortable. "I appreciate your support for the oppressed followers of Iomedae, Janniven. I agree with your ideas, but I hesitate to join your cause until I understand your intentions better. What do you suggest we can do, specifically?"

"And what is this court situation you speak of?" He asks Mathalen.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Daxius Veronius wrote:

Just let me know when would be a good time to release the armiger. I can play it out or assume it happens off-stage. However you prefer.

Daxius walks stiffly over to the tables and introduces himself to the group. He eats a bit to be polite, but he's clearly uncomfortable. "I appreciate your support for the oppressed followers of Iomedae, Janniven. I agree with your ideas, but I hesitate to join your cause until I understand your intentions better. What do you suggest we can do, specifically?"

"And what is this court situation you speak of?" He asks Mathalen.

Sclavo cuts in: Arael's been taken by the hellknights, but the dottari and order of the scourge are arguing over who gets to prosecute him. Technically, the dottari have primacy in the city but, well... he makes face.

Mathalen nods: Sclavo has a runner who'll keep us up to date... I'm not sure if Arael has broken any laws but he's probably challenged a few.

Reminder: That's the message Morosino was taking to Janniven when the hellknights trailed him.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot sits down to eat as well, though not quite satisified with the response given. "I'm beginning to understand why I was to dine with this woman, but not sure to trust 'em all yet."

At the mention of Arael's capture, Hyngrot begins to feel abit anxious."Is this place safe then if this Arael's been taken? Not saying he wouldsell anyone out, I don't personally know him, but sometimes a man can be made to talk, willing or not."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Hyngrot wrote:

Hyngrot sits down to eat as well, though not quite satisified with the response given. "I'm beginning to understand why I was to dine with this woman, but not sure to trust 'em all yet."

At the mention of Arael's capture, Hyngrot begins to feel abit anxious."Is this place safe then if this Arael's been taken? Not saying he wouldsell anyone out, I don't personally know him, but sometimes a man can be made to talk, willing or not."

Sclavo slips into a scholarly tone: Roughly 300 years ago, a noble's wayward son was tortured and crippled by some over-zealous dotarri. Since then a statute has been in place requiring specific authorisation for torture; there's a similar law covering magical probing. The hellknights have their own rules, of course, but while he's within the city they won't break any laws: you can rely on them for that.

Larko interjects: And you can rely on Arael.

Aye, Ermolos confirms.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot scrutinizes the three for a moment, then slaps his leg, bellowing with laughter. "To have this kind of support, he's either a good man or a good liar. I hope for all of us it's the first, and they don't find one of those statutes you were talking about." Hyngrot stops his laughter as his sides start to hurt, more from earlier wounds. "Heh, think I better take it easier. So like he asked earlier, what are you asking us?" Hyngrot nods towards Daxius as he asks.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra quietly eats as the others talk. She was going to need a new shirt, at least. She also needs to find out where she is so she can get her gold and some of her other belongings.

but mostly she was going to need a disguise to do those things.

I hope Janniven can point me in the right direction. I need to wait, though. Hopefully I know what I'm doing this time.


We've been thinking that we need to respond to events a bit more, start spreading some good cheer and making Wiscrani feel a bit safer.

Most of the people here were recuited like you were, but you seem a little handier than most. We've got a network, we've got ears to the ground, we hear about all kinds of things where we'd like to step in and stop the old lady getting shaken down, or give the screw-renting landlord a pause for thought: these folks write an open-wide contract and then breeze about doing what they fancy.

Sclave butts in again: It's the letter of the law what matters here, the spirit of the law and the good of the people be hanged! When the laws a trap and a trick then good folk should do something.


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Pontia nods. "You're saying we need laws, but those laws have to be written for the benefit of everyone, not just the ones who already have the power in the city. And in the meantime, you want to help the ones who are victims of the bad laws we have now."

I'm starting to get a distinct "Occupy Westcrown!" vibe here, which is kind of amusing.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"Yer proposin' some dangerous ideas there. Making people feel safe is one thing, making them safe is another. Gonna be a whole lot of blood shed if we start making them safe, some of it is going to be innocent. I can stomache it, but you fine with that?"

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 11

+2 if human, Hyngrot does not feel fine spilling innocent blood, and is acting tough.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius chews on a piece of bread, thinking hard. "You speak of justice for the common citizenry, but the rulers of Westcrown will interpret these actions as diminishing their power. They will not sit idly by and allow it to happen." He rubs his temples like he's developing a headache. "I don't know if I'm willing to risk doing the things you suggest, Janniven, but there is one thing that I must do. I plan to get Arael out of the hands of the Dottari. He has been a fine mentor to me, and I can not leave him to his fate. Particularly if he is handed over to the Hellknights. I would greatly appreciate assistance from those of you assembled here, but you should understand that the odds of success are low and the chance of being imprisoned or killed in the attempt are great."


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Astra finishes eating and thinks for several long moments. Hyngrot speaking of spilled blood and the prospect of going against the Dottari and the Hellknights has her frightened.

But then again, I'd be a fool not to be scared.

"I'll help. I need to get some things, though."

She looks at Hyngrot and opens her mouth, but closes it and blushes under the grime covering her face.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}
Daxius Veronius wrote:
Daxius chews on a piece of bread, thinking hard. "You speak of justice for the common citizenry, but the rulers of Westcrown will interpret these actions as diminishing their power. They will not sit idly by and allow it to happen." He rubs his temples like he's developing a headache. "I don't know if I'm willing to risk doing the things you suggest, Janniven, but there is one thing that I must do. I plan to get Arael out of the hands of the Dottari. He has been a fine mentor to me, and I can not leave him to his fate. Particularly if he is handed over to the Hellknights. I would greatly appreciate assistance from those of you assembled here, but you should understand that the odds of success are low and the chance of being imprisoned or killed in the attempt are great."

"Probably gonna get you and anyone who goes with you killed doing something like that. Sounds like fun though, and I'd hate to miss a good party. I'm with ya too. Though we'll need a good plan. Do you know where this Arael's being kept? Should learn what we can, case the place if able."

Astra Vesper wrote:


"I'll help. I need to get some things, though."

She looks at Hyngrot and opens her mouth, but closes it and blushes under the grime covering her face.

Hyngrot glances over at Astra. "It's gonna be dangerous out there, and you might as well be naked for all those clothes will do against their blades. Damn near got yourself killed. Of course, I'm one to talk, you fared better than I did. Especially the way the kid tell's it!" Hyngrot nods to Morosino. "Probably need to get you a good set of armor, if that's not what you're needing to get. Why don't I come along with you? A large group might attract too much attention, but a pair shouldn't be too conspicuos. And that way a wounded pair like us can keep an eye on each other."


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

"I also need to pick up my spellbook, and I have a light crossbow that I don't usually carry around. Somehow I think I'll be needing it soon, though." And I have to talk to Master Canario....


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

"I know. I think I can disguise myself and Pontia well enough to make it out and back, but I need a change of clothes, and I was...thinking...that...maybe...I could borrow your vest?"

After finishing, it is obvious why Astra was blushing before and her face is positively red now.

"Nevermind, it was a stupid idea anyway."


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"Oh," For a moment, Hyngrot seems almost disappointed, but then changes demeanors fast, letting out another laugh. "Not a stupid idea at all! A good one, in fact. Might be a tad big on you, but no problem letting you borrow it. I'd tell you two to be careful, but like I said, you two handled yourselves pretty well down there."

401 to 450 of 1,513 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.