Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


351 to 400 of 1,513 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Untrained Heal check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Oh, well....


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius searches the downed goblin for anything that might be useful or valuable. He'll take the weapons the goblin was weilding and tuck them in his belt. (Daxius feels very vulnerable without a back-up weapon.) He's particularly looking for any missile weapons.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Daxius:
The goblin has two dogslicers, a necklace of rat teeth, some shiny beetle shells, a lump of mouldy meat and a scrap of paper torn from a larger sheet which contains the words bumble, lapdog and perfidious. It is signed 'Castor Argentiomi'


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai takes a 5-ft. step E13, reloads his crossbow, takes aim, and fires at the remaining goblin.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5

sigh..


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

As previously mentioned, Daxius secures the dogslicers. He ignores the trinkets, but stuffs the paper into his belt pouch for later inspection.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

initiative reminder:

block 1
Daxius
Nicolai

block 2
Goblin (fighting Astra)
Janniven

block 3
Astra
Armiger
???????

block 4
Pontia
Morosino
Hyngrot

Astra's foe swings at her once again, although he is looking around nervously at the surrounding longshanks.
attack1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
damage1d4 ⇒ 1

Meanwhile, Janniven slashes toward the strange creature before her.
attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
damage1d8 ⇒ 2


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Astra takes a glancing blow which doesn't draw blood but leaves her face lumpen and bruised. Fortunately Janniven also manages to strike a blow against the fish/monkey monstrosity before her.

latest map

block 3


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra grits her teeth against the pain as she punches out again.

Current HP: 3/7
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 6
sigh...


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Round 7:

Status:

HP: 4/8 AC: 11 Conditions: None

We have to finish this quickly.

Pontia steps forward toward the goblin attacking Astra (to C-12), bringing her staff around, but slips on Hyngrot's dropped scimitar and almost falls over.

To hit with staff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The stumbling armiger again swings for the beast

attack1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

And the beast turns on him, rasping strangely;

claw1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
damage1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

claw1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

bite1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The armiger's chainmail brushes aside the creature's attacks.

block1

Pontia, make a reflex save with a +2


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

Oops. Hope she can swim.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius clenches his jaw in frustration, standing behind the armiger. He keeps a keen eye out, waiting for an opportunity.

Daxius will delay for a while to see what happens.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia's wild swing loosens her grip on her staff and it clatters to the ground by her feet.
Good job you're not by the sewer-stream


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nico steps to a better aiming vantage, to D13 reloads crossbow and fires away.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Oh dear, this is getting silly now.

Nicolai, make a reflex save with a +2 bonus


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nico's feet seem to twist on the slippery floor...

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9+2 = 11


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:

Nico's feet seem to twist on the slippery floor...

Reflex: 1d20+4+2 = 11

...but he manages to hold on to his crossbow


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Janniven swings for the fish-monkey beast

attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage1d8 ⇒ 8

While the goblin swings again at Astra, alternating between confidence and terror as the stumbling adventurers somehow keep him at bay.

attack1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
damage1d4 ⇒ 4


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

In some strange harmony, both Janniven and the goblin swing powerfully but miss.

block 3


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra spins out of the way of the goblin's swing, then tries to hit him once again.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Round 8:

I know the armiger still has to go in Block 3, but he isn't likely to influence the situation here.

Status:

HP: 4/8 AC: 11 Conditions: None

Grimacing in embarrassment as her staff clatters to the floor, Pontia moves behind the goblin (to C-11), drawing a dagger and planting it solidly in the little pest.

To hit with dagger (flanking): 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 2 = 18

Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Astra and Pontia put an end to the last goblin, leaving only the strange creature behind.

map


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Meanwhile, the armiger again swings at the beast

attack1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
damage1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

I delayed earlier, so I need to do something now before I lose my turn.

Daxius lays his hand on the Armiger's shoulder, urging him to increase his efforts. Once this is done, he pulls his shield from his shoulder and sets it on his forearm.

Battle Rage (Sp): You can touch a creature as a standard action to give it a bonus on melee damage rolls equal to 1/2 your cleric level for 1 round (minimum +1). You can do so a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

This should affect the armiger's next attack, sice it lasts for 1 round. Daxius would love to get into this fight against the undead fish-monkey thing, but he's too rigid in his distrust to allow the Armiger behind him.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Panting, the wounded conjurer looks across the body of the fallen goblin at her equally wounded companion. "That was too close. I can't tell how Hyngrot is, you want to take a look at him?"


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra gulps air as the pain starts to really bite in.

"I-I might be able to, buh-buh-but I don't know how to tend his wounds."

Heal (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 uh-oh, I don't think I'll be able to tell if he's breathing with that.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Post #350, DC 5 Heal check. I couldn't manage it.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative updated:

block 1
Daxius
Nicolai

block 2
Janniven

block 3
Astra
Armiger
beastie

block 4
Pontia
Morosino
Hyngrot

Pontia's go. Then Nicolai and Janniven.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Pontia already went this round; she stabbed the goblin in the back.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nico moves to Hyngrot's side ginerly. "I...know some basic medicine. Let me look."

Balance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai picks his way over to Hyngrot carefully. "I...I have some knowledge of basic anatomy." Glancing nervously to where the creature is being engaged, he looks back to Hyngrot.

Balance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

heal dc5:

Hyngrot is not dying.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Janniven grits her teeth and swings again at the fish beastie.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
1d8 ⇒ 8

crit:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d8 ⇒ 7

With a sudden huge blow Janniven swings sweetly and unseamed him from the nave to th'chops!

The thing falls in a putrid mass on the ground, rotten organs spilling into the effluent river.

Initiative is over for now. Post freely!

You are at a t-junction in the sewer with an open area cluttered with junk.

Beyond that is a room which smells of goblin.

On the floor are four goblin corpses and the strange beastie.

Oh, and your unconscious ally: Hyngrot.

Daxius: in the post-battle quiet, Morosino grabs your arm. He is shivering like a leaf in the wind.

Hey, everybody, check this out!:
You are all level 2: roll hit points in the discussion thread and level-up, feel free to ask any queries there too. If you roll a 1 or 2 for hit points you may roll again.

Also, Astra and Pontia both get a bonus hero point for being very... heroic and putting their lives on the line for Hyngrot.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

"How is Hyngrot?"

Not that I expect to find anything, but best to be thorough. After picking up her staff and tsking over the state of it, Pontia casts a quick detect magic to see if there's anything interesting in the junk or the room that smells of goblin.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius looks down at the child, uncomfortable surprise on his face. "Um. The fighting is over now. You're safe, boy."

He awkwardly shuffles Morosino over to Janniven and tries to disengage with him. "Mind your step," he cautions, kicking a putrifying organ into the sewer with a plop.

"The boy is frightened. You seem to have a way with him. I must tend to the fallen orc-blood." That said, he attempts to leave Morosino with Janniven as he makes his way over to Hyngrot.

He kneels over his fallen companion and intones a few words to Iomedae.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Daxius, per the spoiler above you're curing 4 HP instead of 3.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

"Better now." Astra gives a smile, or tries to. The adrenaline wears off fully and the pain steals her breath, bringing her to her knees.

"Hurt worse than I thought..."

Astra has 3 out of 7 hit points remaining. okay really it's 8/12, but I don't want her to look like a wuss after trying to save Hyngrot's bacon.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot wakes, looking groggy and sore, with his wounds closed a little.

0 hit points


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

0 hit points is disabled:
A character with 0 hit points, or one who has negative hit points but has become stable and conscious, is disabled. A disabled character may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions, but he can still take swift, immediate, and free actions). He moves at half speed. Taking move actions doesn't risk further injury, but performing any standard action (or any other action the GM deems strenuous, including some free actions such as casting a Quicken Spell spell) deals 1 point of damage after the completion of the act. Unless the action increased the disabled character's hit points, he is now in negative hit points and dying.
A disabled character with negative hit points recovers hit points naturally if he is being helped. Otherwise, each day he can attempt a DC 10 Constitution check after resting for 8 hours, to begin recovering hit points naturally. The character takes a penalty on this roll equal to his negative hit point total. Failing this check causes the character to lose 1 hit point, but this does not cause the character to become unconscious. Once a character makes this check, he continues to heal naturally and is no longer in danger of losing hit points naturally.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Anything magic in the area?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia:
There are a series of rotten looking crates at the back of the room. A glow of magic can be sensed within.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"What's that, a light? Must go towards the light. So warm. What? NO! I don't want to go back! The light......"

Hyngrot wakes to pain shooting through his body. Not certain where he's at, he almost reaches out to grab one of them, barely containing himself before he recognizes those he had met just earlier. "Shoulda left me behind." He tries to pick himself, only to find himself in worse shape then he realized. "And I hope you don't regret staying with me. If we survive, thanks for the aid. How'd everything turn out?"


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Pontia turns from where she's about to go poking through some old crates with her staff. "We're all still alive. You were the only one who was knocked out, but Astra and I got cut up pretty badly. It would've been worse if you hadn't kept them bottled up--thank you." She returns to what she was doing.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

"And we may have found a spot to hide for a bit."

Astra points to the door that the goblins spilled out of. She looks like a bloody wreck with a nasty looking gash from just under one breast almost to the opposite hip and a cut in her thigh.

Something seems off, though, Astra's smiling. She leans down to Help Hyngrot to his feet. Once he's up, she gently hugs the big man and whispers to him.

Hyngrot:

"Thank you. I'm sorry that I've been such a coward and you almost had to die for me to fight."

Tears stream down her still smiling face and soak into Hyngrot's bloody shirt. She gives him a small squeeze before letting go and wiping away the tears with a bloody hand.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai snaps out of his daze and solemnly makes a spiral of Pharasma over he heart at Hyngrot's recovery. "The goddess did not call for you, and it is good to see you alive." He gives light smile.

He looks over at the monstrosity that heaved itself on the path, wondering what in the Hells it was, and how it came to be. He then peers tentatively to where the goblins originated.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot, uncertain how to respond, body still in pain, simply stands there dumbfounded while Astra hugs him. A twinge of guilt surges through him at her whisper. "I should've been stronger."

"Either way, we're in a bad spot. I can barely walk, even with whatever you did." Hyngrot slowly follows into the goblins chamber, using the wall for support. "So what's our next move, keep trying to follow the symbols?"


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

As if just remembering something, Nico fumbles in his gear, and produces a sack. "Hyngrot, Pontia, Astra...I have a few healing poultices!" He holds them out to any who want them.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius looks at Astra in disbelief for a moment, then his face darkens. "Rest for a bit?"" He points a finger at her accusingly. "First you rescue this Armiger, assuring that the Hellknights obtain detailed descriptions of us, and now you want us to rest while they are in hot pursuit?" He's incredulous, pacing with nervous energy.

"I suspected that there was an informant in our midst when the Hellknights arrived so swiftly at our meal, and your actions here bring that suspicion squarely upon you. What do you have to say in your defense?"


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Pontia frowns. "Go on yourself, then, if you're so suspicious."

351 to 400 of 1,513 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.