Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


251 to 300 of 1,513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Nice job. It is a tad small, but useable. The door you speak of is straight ahead, cross that bridge? And where do the markings lead?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hmm... I just messed up the line-of-sight stuff while changing character order. Lets just go with it for now.

Pontia, Click on the map to enlarge

So, how do you want to approach this crossing?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Hyngrot wrote:
Nice job. It is a tad small, but useable. The door you speak of is straight ahead, cross that bridge? And where do the markings lead?

You will need to look for markings at the junction.

The air here is slightly thicker and warmer, there is a feint smell of charred meat.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot will signal everyone to stay back and will cautiously move up, looking for markings, signs of trouble, and whatever else may be waiting.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Survival: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 21


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8
GM Elberion wrote:

Hmm... I just messed up the line-of-sight stuff while changing character order. Lets just go with it for now.

Pontia, Click on the map to enlarge

So, how do you want to approach this crossing?

I'd clicked on it before and nothing happened, but I have NoScript running on FireFox and the enlarge function is Javascript-based. Got it now, thanks!


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

That map is looking pretty professional! I'm just waiting for any results from Hyngrot's recon.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot signals for the group to hang back and shuffles forward, unfortunately as he nears the spears his foot slips on a wet patch, shoots forwards and knocks an old dog skull: it skitters forward, bounces off the wall and then lands in the water.

Hyngrot:
Up ahead, you hear movement in response to your noise. A chink of light is coming from behind the makeshift door and a body momentarily blocks it.
You can see that the pile of detritus in the centre of the open area actually covers something, although you're not sure what.

map update, what Hyngrot sees.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Realizing he may have been discovered, Hyngrot attempts to flatten himself against the wall and see who is ahead, listening keenly. "Light? If there were goblins, they wouldn't need light down here. Something's not right."

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Roll Initiative!

GM Rolls:

janniven 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Armiger 1d20 ⇒ 12
Morosino 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Goblins
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Inish: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Because it'll be necessary at some point, initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Surprise round, still waiting for Daxius' initiative

The 'door' swings open and falls to the floor, an arrow flies through the air toward Hyngrot.

Current Map

goblin archer
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8
The arrow smashes powerfully into the wall and disintegrates.

Hyngrot can see two goblins in the room across the sewer.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Since he probably can't see what's going on up front too well, Daxius is keeping an eye on their captive to make sure he doesn't try anything funny.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4


Order:
Nicolai
Goblin
Goblin
Janniven
Astra
Daxius
Armiger
Pontia
Morosino
Hyngrot


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Where is the goblin on the map? Am I able to see it (once the suprise round is over?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The goblins are in the room, see current map, if you draw up next to Hyngrot you can see them.

The Spears are difficult terrain and take double movement to get through.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Not sure if Hyngrot gets a surprise action or not, if so see spoiler.

Surprise Round:
Hyngrot grits his teeth and, just loud enough for those behind him to hear, calls behind him, "Goblins!" Hyngrot then moves forward to engage them as best able.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

No surprise round for Hyngrot but you can talk as a free action.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

I'll just call out then.

"Goblins!"


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai levels his crossbow, unsure as what to do. He turns halfway, looking anxiously down the way they came, trying to keep a lookout for more goblins or other hazards coming up behind them.

Perception (if applicable) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

A previously unseen goblin darts out of the door and across the smaller bridge.

Meanwhile the goblin archer steps outside and fires again at Hyngrot

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
damage 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (4) = 6

dc20 perception:
You notice that the goblins move carefully around the edges of the open area.

Updated Map

I will eventually figure out how to add co-ordinates to the map.


Janniven struggles to release her bow while keeping control of Morosino on a narrow ledge: she eventually releases her bow and is fumbling with her arrows.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Map, now with co-ordinates.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Astra sees Janniven struggling with her bow while trying to keep Morosino on the ledge.

"Janniven! You're better in a fight. I'll keep an eye on the kid."

She looks at Morosino and tries to give a reassuring smile.

"I'll protect you. Just stay behind me."

She readies herself to stab any goblin that comes in reach.

Ready action: Fighting defensively, attack any goblin or other enemy that comes in reach.
HP: 7/7
AC*:18 Flat-footed: 12 Touch: 16
Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9...whiff...
---
*(Normal is AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 I'm assuming that the +2 AC bonus doesn't count towards being flatfooted.)


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

initiative reminder:
Nicolai
Goblin
Goblin
Janniven
Astra
Daxius
Armiger
Pontia
Morosino
Hyngrot

Daxius, you're up.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius can't really have any impact on the combat going on up ahead, so he delays his action.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The Armiger has been trooping along in something of a daze: he looks up and declares: A sword, I need a sword.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot hears the Armiger behind him, but ignores his words. He hisses back at Astra, "If things go bad get them out of here.", then proceeds to engage the goblins, charging across the bridge and slicing at the nearest one.

Action and Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Move action to cross the bridge to D11, standard to swing with the scimitar at the goblin at C11. I rolled an acrobatics check in case one is needed like the previous bridge.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Attack roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Round 1:

Status:

HP: 8/8 AC: 11 Conditions: None

Pontia sidesteps up to J-11 and looses another acid dart at the goblin at E-8.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Clearly, she's not used to all this running around and fighting. Stationary targets in calm surroundings are much easier to hit.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

"You'll get nothing and like it." Daxius snarls at the Armiger. "Just don't take any suspicious actions and let us handle this."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

While some hold their ground, Hyngrot charges the goblin: he struggles to keep his balance on the slippery boards forming the rough bridge over the sewer and is off-balance, his weapon flailing past the goblins vulnerable head without making contact.

Pontia moves forward and sends an acid dart sizzling into the sickly sewer water.

As Daxius waits a goblin bursts out of the darkness and bears down on him, flailing rough-cast swords.

attack1d20 - 6 ⇒ (4) - 6 = -2
damage1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
attack1d20 - 6 ⇒ (3) - 6 = -3
damage1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The goblins call to each other in their harsh, guttural tongue.

goblin:
Pink flesh. Kill it. Where's Monkeybutt? Kill it! Aargh, Orcses!

Map!


Initiative:
block 1
Daxius
Nicolai

block 2
Goblin
Goblin
Janniven

block 3
Astra
Armiger

block 4
Pontia
Morosino
Hyngrot
Goblin
Goblin

Block 1!


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius calls out, "Nicolai, move forward and give me some room!"

Daxius will delay until Nicolai moves. He will then take a 5' step back away from the goblin and shoot it with his crossbow. Once he's shot, he'll drop the crossbow and draw his word. If Nicolai doesn't move, Daxius will shoot anyway, but I imagine the goblin gets an AoO.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage 1d10 ⇒ 1


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nico does as bid, giving Daxius room enough to fire safely, waving his arms and trying to confuse the goblin. Speaking in Varisian, "Du-te, urât!"

Moves to O11, taking a 5-ft. step, makes a aid another action to give Daxius a bonus to AC, if possible 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The goblin archer raises his bow and takes aim at Pontia
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

While Hyngrot's opponent slashes wildly with his dogslicer
attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
damage 1d4 ⇒ 2


Freed up by Astra, Janniven knocks an arrow to her bow and takes careful aim at the archer goblin.
attack1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
damage1d8 ⇒ 4

Her arrow strikes true and the goblin cries out in pain.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra puts herself between Morosino and any threats as best she can. She shivers a little from fear, nerves, and cold as she prepares to defend herself and the boy.

Ready action: Fighting defensively, attack any goblin or other enemy that comes in reach.
HP: 7/7
AC*:18 Flat-footed: 12 Touch: 16
Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 4 = 4
---
*(Normal is AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 I'm assuming that the +2 AC bonus doesn't count towards being flatfooted.)


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Round 2:

Status:

HP: 8/8 AC: 11 Conditions: None

Pontia moves up to H-12 and looses another acid dart at the wounded goblin across the intersection from her, her nervousness at being shot at spoiling her aim.

Acid dart ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Round 2
HP: 6/12
AC: 18 T12 FF14
F/R/W: 4/4/1

"Monkeybutt isn't going to save you from me, little goblin!" Hyngrot lunges forward with his shield, trying to off-balance the creature as he comes in with his sword, moving around the creature as he does so to block the doorway.

Actions:

Standard: attack the goblin in front of me. Then shift to C12 to block off doorway.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot's blow leaves the goblin before him with a vicious wound in his chest but the creature is still standing.

The armiger wheels about in frustration while Morosino sinks into Astra's body.

The sneaking goblin flails at Daxius once again
attack1d20 - 6 ⇒ (4) - 6 = -2
damage1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
attack1d20 - 6 ⇒ (15) - 6 = 9
damage1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

While the other goblin from the room steps up to strike at Hyngrot
attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

oof, confirming crit
attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

The little sneak once again flails wildly but the goblin from the room lands a solid, if unspectacular, blow against Hyngrot.

Latest map.

The bloodlust is up and the goblins shouts are no longer words, just feral yelps.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

dc19perception:

Something moves under the sewer water, near Pontia.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Astra sees it and shouts a warning to the wizard.

"Pontia, In the water beside you!"


Female Human Conjurer/1 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 8/8 | F +1+2 R +1 W +3 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +8

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Pontia looks down at the water where Astra indicates.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

After Astra's warning you notice

perception dc10:
A strange animal shape moving under the water, toward Pontia.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Daxius tries to keep the thing in the water in his peripheral vision as he fights his opponent. He stares intently for a moment, then swings his sword at the goblin with the curiously ineffective fighting style.

Activating Justice Judgement as a swift action. Justice: This judgment spurs the inquisitor to seek justice, granting a +1 sacred bonus on all attack rolls. Duration through the end of the battle.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Daxius' sword tears into the manic goblin and the creature howls in pain.

Daxius, dc8 reflex save to avoid your dropped crossbow sliding into the sewer.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Son of a...

Plunk.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative reminder!

Initiative:
block 1
Daxius
Nicolai

block 2
Goblin
Goblin
Janniven

block 3
Astra
Armiger

block 4
Pontia
Morosino
Hyngrot
Goblin
Goblin

Nicolai?


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

(sorry!) Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Nicolai aims the crossbow as best he can at the goblin, trying to avoid hitting Daxius in front of him. He seems, however, to be distracted by the shape in the water.

1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 4 = 2 -4 for shooting into combat

251 to 300 of 1,513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.