Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


201 to 250 of 1,513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

On an unusually straight and lengthy section of tunnel, you can see a junction far ahead as you clamber over a pile of rubble, broken crates and junk.

As you pass the rubble Daxius, at the rear, feels a clatter of weaponry across his back.

attack 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (17) - 6 = 11
damage 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (1) = 2
attack 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (20) - 6 = 14
damage 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (1) = 2

And spins around to find this terrible beastie glaring at him.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

And...

Roll initiative!

gm rolls:

init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Inish 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Just for the record, Daxius' AC (flatfooted) is 15, as his sheild is currently slung. Neither of the cowardly backstabbing attacks hit.

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Knowledge(dungeoneering)to ID the creature1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14+3 additional from Monster Lore Special Ability to determine abilities and weaknesses.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

You spin around to see a goblin flailing around with two strange blades.

Everyone should have a rough idea of what a goblin is, I was just teasing you with the image.

One more initiative to go.

gm rolls:

init janniven 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
init morosino 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
init janniven 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Sorry about that; house full of people yesterday, and a cleaning job today after the dishwasher broke.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative Order: Astra, Janniven, Pontia, Nicolai, Hyngrot, goblin, Morosino, Armiger...

Astra is first to react to the sudden attack!


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

"What in the hells?!"

Okay, it attacked Daxius, so that means it's not good, right?

Astra moves quickly her moment of surprise giving away to reflexes that have been honed by trying to live on the hard streets of Westcrown.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Goblin gets an AoO on Astra probably, I doubt his CMD is 4. If I'm correct, that should get me a flank.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2

The dice gods must hate me today :/


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Round 1:

Status:

HP: 8/8 AC: 11 Conditions: None

Unless Janniven does something to make this unnecessary or impossible, Pontia steps to one side to get a clear shot at the creature and invokes arcane power honed by years of study of conjuration. A black mist coalesces around her hands and forms into a dart, flashing across the intervening space towards the creature but missing it cleanly.

Ranged touch attack to hit with acid dart: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative Order Updated: Astra, Janniven, Pontia, Nicolai, Hyngrot, goblin, Daxius, Morosino, Armiger...

You are on a narrow sewer ledge flanked by a stream of effluent and water.

Hyngrot is at the front, Daxius to the rear.

Astra, you might want to change your action based upon the situation

Pontia leans out over the sewer to aim a magical attack at the goblin but it flashes past.

Janniven struggles to get her bow out for a shot. Janniven is sharing her square with Morosino most of the time so that she can keep him safe, this is hampering her actions: good job she's got these fine folk around to help her out.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Considering the die rolls, I'm going to delay, or move in front of Hyngrot. (putting the big guy between me and the goblin doesn't sound like a bad idea actually.)

Minor Retcon:

Astra moves to put Hyngrot between herself and the goblin.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

If he can get a clear shot, Nico will fire his crossbow at the goblin. If not, he'd hold action until the armiger and Daxius get their heads down.

Nicolai aims his crossbow at the goblin's chest, "Daxius, kid, get your head down!"

Crossbow 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

I may be away from my computer for a little while, so I'll put my action up now. I'll spoiler it so as not to color anyone else's decision-making.

On Daxius' Turn:

"I could not possibly get my head low enough to improve your angle of attack on this creature. It is quite small."

Overrun attack using CMB1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Overrun
As a standard action, taken during your move or as part of a charge, you can attempt to overrun your target, moving through its square. You can only overrun an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you. If you do not have the Improved Overrun feat, or a similar ability, initiating an overrun provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of your maneuver. If your overrun attempt fails, you stop in the space directly in front of the opponent, or the nearest open space in front of the creature if there are other creatures occupying that space.

When you attempt to overrun a target, it can choose to avoid you, allowing you to pass through its square without requiring an attack. If your target does not avoid you, make a combat maneuver check as normal. If your maneuver is successful, you move through the target's space. If your attack exceeds your opponent's CMD by 5 or more, you move through the target's space and the target is knocked prone. If the target has more than two legs, add +2 to the DC of the combat maneuver attack roll for each additional leg it has.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Round 1

Since Hyngrot's at the front of the line, he'll make an active perception check for more goblins.

Hearing the comotion, Hyngrot turns to see a lone goblin at the end of the line, attacking Daxius. "Blasted creature, I doubt it travels alone!"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot's keen eyes perceive little in the darkness, despite his darkvision.

Seeing all of the attention trained upon it, the goblin yelps in alarm and begins to run off down the tunnel.

gm rolls:
acro 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Daxius, you may take an attack of opportunity.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Daxius warned us he might have to pause, so could I have a perception check from everyone else.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

I also have low-light vision, if that makes a difference.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

I'm not sure if I can take an AoO, since I'm not currently armed with a melee weapon. If I can, I'll whack it with the butt of my crossbow. Improvised attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 4 = 14 damage guesstimate 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Oops, good point.

The goblin heads into the gloom: Daxius, he is 60 ft away in the dark now.

You can all still hear his skittering feet though feel free to break inititative now

What now?


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot resumes leading the group away from the sound, hoping the goblin and remaining Armiger's get to have their own get together. "Janniven, how much further is it, any idea?" Hyngrot winces as he speaks from his wounds from earlier, but says nothing knowing his companions are in similar shape. "If this keeps up, this'll be our graves down here. Hope one of you gods up there are looking out for us." He thinks to himself, looking for the next mark.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 15


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra gets back in line behind Hyngrot she keeps her head down, trying not to look anyone in the eye and just focuses on the ground in front of her.
She looks like she is upset about something.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

"Coward." Daxius comments as the goblin disappears into the gloom.

He resumes his rear-guard, mindful that the little backstabber could return at any time.

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Pontia shakes her head and returns to hustling along behind the half-orc guide and the others. Too many little delays...we have to keep moving. I hate feeling this out of control.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As you move forward through the tunnels you find images of leering skulls, crudely drawn, daubed across the walls.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

As he looks upon the images, Nico remembers to reload his crossbow. Are we heading into the goblin's territory?

Knowledge (nature) check, if applicable 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra gulps as they pass the markings. She whispers to Janniven, "Were these here last time?"

Underneath the dirt and grime from her earlier dip into the sewer water, her face pales with fear.

I don't think I'm cut out for this. I'm scared. I'm scared and I feel like I'm back on that street, again.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Pontia whispers to the rogue, "Astra? Are you all right?"


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra whispers back.
"I - I'm scared. I'm scared to death."

She brings her arms in close to her chest and squeezes up against the wall to try and make herself as small as possible as they walk down the tunnel. Her jaws is starting to ache from the effort of keeping her teeth from chattering.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius does a poor job disguising his contempt of Astra. He manages to stop himself from making a comment dismissing her fears, looking at the crude skulls drawn on the wall instead. He tries to commit the content and style to memory.

Daxius continues to follow the group, occasionally checking behind them.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Nicolai:
Yes, goblins

Daxius:
You make out soft, distant, echoing footsteps from the darkness.

Janniven makes a face: These are new, we laid this path a few months ago and I don't remember anything like this.

Ahead, a brief flicker of flame flashes in the dark, then gutters out.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hearing Astra behind him, Hyngrot feels an anger burn within him. "This isn't right, people fleeing through the sewers like this. I've got to get them to safety." He thinks to himself.

"I don't like the looks of this at all. I'd feel alot safer up above ground. Opinions?" Hyngrot ventures a glance backwards at the group.

Do the markings obscure the trail I've been following at all?


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius responds to Hyngrot's question. "We can not return the way we came. We are still being followed. I see no option but to continue forward."

He casts a light spell on the fletching of his loaded crossbow bolt and fires it in the general direction of the guttering flame. (The light on his shield winks out.)


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

"Goblin effigies, marking territories against rivals and intruders...we're not out of danger yet." Nico mutters to no one in particular.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Daxius' arrow illuminates a crossroad cross-stream? up ahead.

2 spears are lashed across the sewer in an X shape at the crossroads.

You are about 60 ft away.

perception dc20:
You can hear sounds of cautious movement ahead.

perception dc25:
You can also hear sounds of furtive movement from behind.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Hush, I hear something ahead." Hyngrot readies his weapon and shield, peering ahead, trying to find the source of movement.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Aaaand the wizard is clueless....


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 ouch, the rogue's too busy cowering to see anything.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius grunts when he sees the crossed spears. "More bad news."

He reloads his crossbow as he looks around.

perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Nico can't make out much in the gloom.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As you near the crossroads you can see that they expand to the right, leaving an open area approximately 10ft square, covered with detritus.

A doorway leads off this opening, covered by a makeshift 'door' made from two planks wired and nailed together.

Two bridges cross the sewer, again just rough planks laid across the pathway.

map still being put together


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 damn these dice do not want me to see jack.

Astra tries to get look at the area ahead around Hygrot, but can't seem to find a way to see past the giant.

"S-see anything?" She whispers to him.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Sorry for the map delay, really struggling with my first effort at maptools. Might have to do a sketch and take a photo.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Right, sorry for the delay. I think I have got to grips with maptools now. Morosino is sharing a space with Janniven and the other figure is your armiger.

Map is here


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

I thought Astra was supposed to be behind Hyngrot. Did the marching order get changed?


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Nice map! Is there a way to make it bigger?

201 to 250 of 1,513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.