Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


101 to 150 of 1,513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Inish 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Nicolai flounders in revulsion as he tries to rise out of the filth and take Daxius' hand.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Is this a swarm of hundreds of creatures, or can we take them out individually?


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Initiative roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

In the future, I'm good with you rolling initiative for the party to save time.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

I'd be fine with that as well.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

same here

Intiative:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"Starsong be with us."

Astra is not looking forward to this, considering that she has no armor.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4


Initiative Order
Astra
Torbles
Nicolai
Daxius
Pontia
Hyngrot

A swarm of thousands of diminutive creatures washes forward over Hyngrot:
damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Morosino calls out in shock, Janniven clamps a hand over his mouth and is pre-occupied keeping the boy calm.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

DM:
Being that I'm new to PBP, did the torbles go on a surprise round, and am I next in line? I didn't want to post something before Astra, who's on the top of the order.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Yep, Torbles had surprise and Astra is next to go.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra reaches for Hyngrot and trys to pull him to safety.
Strength (if needed):1d20 ⇒ 10

I've got nothing for swarms


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

If out of danger, Nicolai would call out to Hyngrot, telling him to get away from the mass of creatures; "Hyngrot, get away as soon as possible! I can take care of them..."

He would pull out a vial and charge it with red energy.

Nico will hold his action, until Hyngrot can get away from the creatures, and throw a bomb at them, if I may


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Apologies for delay in posting, crazy weekend of work

Astra, I'll call that aid another for anything relevant that Hyngrot does.

The Torbles surge over Hyngrot, getting under chinks in armour and clothes and nipping away.
damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

"They're all over him, Nicolai! Just throw your contraption and we'll heal Hyngrot of any damage! We must keep moving!"

Daxius anxiously tries to herd the group forward, looking back nervously toward their pursuers. He checks that the bolt is seated properly in his crossbow.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot curses at the creatures swarming him. "Blasted things" He hisses between gritted teeth, trying to furiously bat them away with his shield as he moves farther into the tunnel.

I'll try swinging with my shield against them. Move action to get out of the swarm.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Did Pontia get across the stream before the torbles attacked, and does the torble swarm only take up a single square at this point?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot's axe swishes through the crowd of Torbles, squishing a few but doing little to hamper the swarm.

The swarm covers two squares out of the water now.

Hyngrot steps back into Astra's arms.

Pontia is still on the bridge.

Current map is attached here:
key-
torbles = red
hyngrot = blue
astra = purple
pontia = clear
Nicolai = orange
daxius = green

Nicolai:
You have the stage...


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai charges his bomb, and throws it at the central mass of the swarm.

Bomb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 ranged touch Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7fire
Splash damage: 5 fire, DC 14 Reflex half.

Bomb's left for the day: 3


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Pontia attempts to finish crossing the bridge unaided, then moves towards the top of the map two or three squares. Use the Acrobatics check above. Those bombs are the only thing that'll touch the torbles but the noise is a problem; I only hope the echoes will make it hard to tell where we are.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra will pull back next to Pontia.
"Don't suppose you've got anything flammable?" She asks Pontia.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

The conjurer shakes her head. "Not right now. If it comes to it, I can cast a weak fire spell that'd do them a little bit of damage, but that's all."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Daxius:

After the noise and flash of light you notice the sound of raised voices echoing up from behind you. They still seem distant but difficult to judge accurately


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

They're on to us. Let's move it!"

Daxius continues to worriedly watch the back, crossing the bridge as soon as possible.

I rolled a 7 on my acrobatics check on the last page.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

With Hyngrot and Astra squeezing and Pontia (fittingly:D) on the bridge, it doesn't leave much room to maneuvre.
The bomb has shrunk the swarm by half, some torbles frazzled and evaporated, other fleeing into the darkness and the water.

Astra is up next. If you don't think your actions will conflict/interact with others then feel free to post out of order.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra looks back the way they came, then at the swarm, then back again.
"I hope Desna's smiling."
She moves up 20ft to give people room to move onto, or off the walkway currently covered in a swarm.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nico technically goes after Hyngrot, but this is what he'd do; make another Balance check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Nico moves after Astra and Hyngrot move, when there is enough room, ahead of the swarm.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot also pulls back away from the swarm. "Nice trick you got there. Think you can pull it off again and finish these little buggers off?"


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

If Hyngrot and Astra are both clear of the swarm, Pontia casts burning hands on the crawling multitude using her bonded item.

Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 DC 15 Reflex save to half damage; +50% damage for AoE attack.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia's fire washes over the swarm, crisping more of the torbles but a solid mass remains.

Nicolai:
There is no room to get ahead of the swarm without tumbling through their space.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

DM:
I thought that's what the Acro check was for; if I can't, he'd lob another bomb.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Nicolai:
Ah, I was confused because you called it balance, which made me think of the bridge.

You are behind Astra, Pontia and Hyngrot. You'll have to cross the bridge, pass them and then tumble past the swarm.

You do have line-of-sight to the swarm and Hyngrot is still out of the way.

Up to you.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

DM:
You're right, I did say that. Nevermind. Lobbing away!

Up to you if I can keep that Balance check when I do move, or reroll.

Seeing that Pontia's spell didn't finish off the swarm, Nico charges another vial. Was hoping to save these should we meet our pursuers. Guess it can't be helped.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22ranged touch
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 fire, 5 splash; 50% for AoE (I think)

2 bombs left


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Nicolai's second bomb hits just as the swarm of creepy blobs swings together, catching almost all of them in the blast and destroying the swarm.

Out of initiative now. Perception checks and then decide what to do.

dc15perception:
The bang and flash of light prompts you to prick up your ears. It seems that the shouts and footfalls in the distance are getting nearer.

dc20perception:
In the weird echoes you are sure you make out the words 'light, this way'...

GM rolls:

janniven1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Hyngrot:

The bomb has damaged the path marking: dc 10 survival to make out which way it originally pointed


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 +1 if track counts; +2 if the wayfinder helps

"Bombs did a good number on those Torbles, but on the marker too, can't quite make it out."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Hyngrot wrote:

Perception 1d20+7

Survival 1d20+5 +1 if track counts; +2 if the wayfinder helps

"Bombs did a good number on those Torbles, but on the marker too, can't quite make it out."

Track counts, and this is exactly what Wayfinders are for (+2 to avoid getting lost)

At first the mark is difficult to make out but Hyngrot shines a light on it from his wayfinder and uses the compass to calculate the rough direction you have been heading... a few moments more and he leads the party confidently onward!


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Gotta love those little skin of your teeth bonuses

"All right, I've got it! Let's move people. And Daxius, kick that door in the water, make it tougher for 'em."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Nicolai:
You can keep the balance roll


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Nico nods to Hyngrot. Good idea! Hopefully we can lose them fast, and avoid any more of these critters! Nicolai moves over the plank and the burnt jelly of the dead torbles.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Astra looks really nervous.
"We need to move, now!" She whispers urgently.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

"Agreed, let's go."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Once Daxius is across the makeshift bridge, he kicks it into the channel of sludge, smiling as he does so.

"I like the way you think." He calls out softly as he hustles to keep up with the rest of the group.

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As you move along the dark tunnels you start to smell a progressively fouler stench, you seem to be heading toward the smell.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Wrinkling her nose in disgust, Pontia tries to cover her mouth with her sleeve. "Are you sure this is the right way, Janniven?"


We laid this trail a few months ago. I don't remember anything like this.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

There is a slight thickening, almost to a miasma, and it seems to be coming from a side chamber a little way ahead on your path.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

"Something's very, very wrong here."

Astra looks into the chamber as best she can.
Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Anticipating yet another pause in their forward progress, Daxius turns around and looks behind them for any sign of pursuit.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Ignoring the pain from the Torble's wounds, Hyngrot leads the group down the tunnels, until the smell of something horrible ahead gives him concern. Pushing it aside as best he can, he only hopes the path doesn't lead that direction. He keeps his weapons ready just in case, giving a glance down the tunnel when passing.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Speaking as quietly as he can while still being understandable, Nico asks Janniven, "Are there natural gases or something like that down in these sewers?"


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Perception for the hell of it 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As everyone beat 20...

In the fog you see a glint of metal in the flash of your light.

It is coming from the side-chamber and as you look more closely you see a corpse, rotting and very dead, wearing a glistening golden suit of armour whose scales ripple and reflect light in a rainbow of colour, like a golden fish newly drawn from the river.

Fortunately, your acute senses also spot a a deep ripple in the pool of effluence that fills most of the side-room and seems to be the source of stench.

dc16 knowledge dungeoneering:

The signs of movement, location, scent and other clues suggest an unusually large otyugh makes its nest here.

Meanwhile, you hear the clatter of boots become clearer through the echoing darkness behind you and a sound is carried through the fog:
This way, I've found some tracks

101 to 150 of 1,513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.