Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,513 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Just a far warning, I may be posting a little slowly over the next month or so. After that it should be more regular, and frequent, but until then, feel free to DMPC me if necessary.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The bandits dropped their weapons. They each have long knives at their sides which they still carry but they dropped the bows/swords which they were wielding.

The bear does not pursue as you guide the bandits back to the camp.

Angus acts first, then the snake.


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Angus backs away slowly. being careful to avoid goading the snake to strike.

Full round: Withdraw.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

After Angus withdraws the snake holds its ground warily for a few seconds and then slinks off into the undergrowth.

Out of initiative

Daxius and Hyngrot return to the camp with three bandits in tow.

Actions, everybody.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

As soon as Daxius re-enters the camp, he begins to call out directives, politely but firmly. Hyngrot, please ensure that these bandits are completely disarmed. They are now our prisoners. Nicolai, assist him if you would. Pontia, I would appreciate it if you could come with me to secure the rest of the bandits' gear.

As he turns to head back the way he came, Daxius looks sternly at Angus. As for you. He assesses the man. It seems that you have benefitted from our timely arrival, in more ways than one. See to it that you do not make us regret our lenient treatment, as you would ultimately feel it the worse. We shall be gone only for a moment or two.

Daxius moves carefully back into the woods, hopefully with Pontia in tow.

GME and Pontia:
When they get out of earshot, Daxius confides the following: "One of the bandits dropped something that might be important, though I didn't let on that I noticed him drop it. I am concerned it's a signal of some kind, and I'm not sure whether to take it, leave it where it lies, or throw it in a river somewhere. Perhaps you can have a look with your magical know-how?


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Pontia follows the inquisitor, and as soon as they're a little ways away from the rest asks quietly, "By the way, why are you using our names in front of the bandits and their captive? They already know what we look like; why make it even easier for us to be tracked? From what was found here I think these people had a sponsor in Westcrown."


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai nods in deference (wincing a bit at hearing his name), and cautiously heads over with Hyngrot. Before he does so, he'll take the one rucksack with the device so he can look over it at a more opportune time.

He'll pat them down for weapons carefully, not forgetting that they almost killed him. He tries to look confident, despite this fact.
Perception (search): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot goes over to the bandits with Nicolai. "If you're hiding any weapons, I suggest you tell us now. Otherwise we could go back and see if we can't find tht bear." The half-orc gives a wide smile as he says it before giving them a once over as well.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Nicolai conveys a sense of confidence, although Hyngrot is unable to hide his decent nature behind a show of agression.

The bandits carry no concealed weapons, only their long knives. Nicolai now has three well-used daggers.

gm rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 6

gm rolls2:

Don't read the gm spoilers :b


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius grimaces when Pontia points out that he used their real names. Damn. That was a serious error. He thinks for a moment. I doubt these bandits will try to report us to the legitimate authorities, but if you are correct and they have connections in Westcrown, then I may have just made us powerful enemies.

He tries to put his blunder out of his mind by searching for the dropped ring.

perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Mollified, the wizard replies, "As long as none of us do that again. It makes concealing our features even more important, though. What are you looking for?"


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

After Daxius and Pontia head off into the woods Angus looks at the trees they disappeared under and mutters under his breath.

"Damn, I haven't had a nice girl to help keep my bed warm in weeks, and you don't see me running off into the woods like those two."

Shrugging, he turns to the bandits with a big predatory smile on his face.

"Well, gentlemen, I have a proposition for you. These kind people have divested you of you arms. If you tell me where you teetotalers put my gear, mainly my armor and my sword, I'll let you keep your dignity."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Oh yes, he will make them wear...
FRILLY PINK BOWS IN THEIR HAIR!
Muahahahahahahahaha!


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Although he knows the rough area, Daxius can't seem to locate the dropped item.

Meanwhile, one of the bandits responds to Angus' underwhelming threats by nodding toward the shack.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

GM E and Pontia:
"It was a ring." Daxius responds absently, frowning as he looks through the grass. "I can't seem to find it, though I'm sure it was right around here. Perhaps you could have a go?"


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

"Right."

Angus looks in the shack for his gear.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Daxius and GM E:
Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"I don't see it, and I don't want to take too much time out here or they'll realize you spotted the drop. We'll come back here with Hyngrot. Which of them dropped the ring?"


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

GM E and Pontia:
Daxius tries one last option, casting Detect Magic and scanning the area. Whether he finds the ring or not, he picks up some of the dropped bandit gear and begins to make his way back to the camp. He describes the bandit that dropped the ring as he does so.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai steals another glance at the item he previously found, trying to discern it's properties. That split second seemed to make all the difference. An alembic for better transmutations...and a very decent calcinator!

He quickly closes the back and carefully keeps and eye on the prisoners for signs mischief.

Craft (alchemy) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

As Pontia and Daxius near the battle site, she says quietly, "I'm going to say something to the one you just described. Watch all of their reactions when I do." Once back, the wizard looks for the prisoner who dropped the ring. She'll approach him (though not too closely). "Scarro, is it?"


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

gm rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Sense Motive DC78:

He is lying about something, you're not sure what.

Sense Motive DC22:

He is lying, he knows who Scarro is.

No, it aint. Who's this Scarro chap then? Never 'eard of 'im.


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Does mister Alehammer find his sword this about this time?


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

GM E, is that really a DC *78* Sense Motive check?


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

sense motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

booyah


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Go Daxius!


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Still not good enough for a 78 though. Still, a nat 20 is a nat 20. :P


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Um, yeah, that 78 should be a 28...


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Thought we were giving the mythic playtest a whirl for a moment there. 'cause that's a mythical sense motive check.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

OK, that's weird...the boards showed a recent post from Daxius, it doesn't show up in the Gameplay thread, but it's in his recent posts list. Daxius, you should probably try to repost it.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Odd. Reposting.

Daxius gives the man a hard stare, then says, He's lying. He knows who Scarro is.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

"Ah. Interesting. Who is Scarro? And before you answer, remember that my friend is very good at spotting liars...and he doesn't think much of them at all."


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

"May as well put your conscience to ease and confess to us. Lighten the burden to your souls, and you need not face the Hellknights", Nicolai adds.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The man gulps, "Look, I ain't involved. It's Vincenzo what sorted out all that sort of stuff." He nods at the dead bandit who owned the silver sword as he speaks, that must be Vincenzo.
"Selvehnia knows more 'n me. I just saw 'im the one time."

Of the other two bandits, one shuffles his feet and looks at the floor; the other stares blankly at the speaking ruffian.

Overhead the sun shines, around you the usual hum of forest noise continues undisturbed.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Pontia looks over at the shuffler. "Is there something you'd like to add?"


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius gives him the Stern Gaze. Where did you see him? Your answer determines whether or not you are left here in this cage.

intimidate 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
sense motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The man crumbles, "Near the city, I was just along to keep watch: tall, shaven-headed fellow he was. Plenty of gaudy jangling off 'im. Seems like he knows Vincenzo." He makes a face and spits on the ground, "Knew Vincenzo."


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai looks about to his comrades, "Well, I suppose a name would be better, but it's better than nothing."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius' expression is grim, as he's conflicted on what to do. He finally says, Can you men provide credible oaths that you will foreswear your life of banditry and violence, and from this point forward live a productive life within the bounds of the law? If you cannot, you will be turned over to the Wiscrani authorities where you will in all likelihood be hanged for your crimes. I would be more inclined to believe your oaths if you told us where the witch fled, and why you dropped your ring in the woods.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The men look slumped and dispirited, the notional leader speaks for them, "There's nothing for us here now anyway. We'll go north, maybe, there's more work around Egorian anyway."

sense motive dc 17:
The man who dropped the ring avoids Daxius' gaze.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Untrained Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Pontia seems to think they're honest enough, though she does notice a certain lack of response to Daxius' question. "What about Selvehnia and the ring?"


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

sense motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The man who dropped the ring gulps It was an heirloom, I just didn't want to lose it if you took our things.

sense motive dc9:
this is a lie

He resumes his determined examination of his own boots.
The other man chips in, "She has strange magic, that one. She was Vincenzo's lover, I think.
sense motive dc10:
He seems honest.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Untrained Sense Motive check #1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Untrained Sense Motive check #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"I suppose." She glances over at Daxius. "What do you think?"


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai frowns at the man. "A very interesting tale, to be sure. However, the ring being 'just a heirloom' is straining credulity a bit. And you don't look the sentimental type."

Sense Motive 1: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Sense Motive 2: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius can't miss those DCs.

Daxius sets his jaw. That's the cage for you, then. He opens the door to the cage in which Angus was imprisoned, and gestures with his head for the ring-dropping bandit to enter. He still has his sword drawn, and is ready for violence, assuming that the man might be desperate enough to attack or bolt.

Assuming the imprisoning goes smoothly.

He steps in close to the other man, his face showing how little of his patience remains. Last chance. Where is the witch?

Intimidation 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The ring dropping bandit makes to cut and run.

Roll Initiative!

gm rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Angus is still in the Hut looking for his gear unless he's found it.
All of it.

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Inish: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Inish: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Rolling twice for Daxius's ability.


Female Human Conjurer/1 HP 1/8

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Someone isn't paying attention, here. Between this and the Sense Motive checks, I get the idea that Pontia's mind is elsewhere.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Inish 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

We've got a runner!

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,513 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.