Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,513 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative Blocks reminder, for my benefit reallly:
1 = Angus, Daxius and Hyngrot
2 = Bandito Team 1
3 = Nicolai & Pontia
4 = Bandiotino Team 2

Hyngrot hops to his feet, and his opponent strikes at his exposed flank:
attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Hyngrot takes a nasty blow 5 hit points of damage but responds with a furious attack which tears a huge gouge in his foe's chest and his opponent slumps to the ground: dead.

Daxius steps up alongside Daxius but cannot manage to strike the silver-bladed foe.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Hey, 1,000 posts! (And replenishing the dot.)


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The woman stamps her feet and marches back into the shack: "Bescobby!"

As she does this the bandit leader cries out: Selhvenia! Where are you going!

Current Map!

block 3!

Lots of exclamation marks today!


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Round 4:

Status:

HP: 8/13 AC: 15 Conditions: mage armor

The tall conjuress straightens up and faces the two archers. Eldritch syllables fall from her lips as her hands curve through arcane gestures. In response, the air seems to curdle around her, rapidly filling her surroundings with dense billows of fog. Casting obscuring mist. As the echoes of her casting die away, muffled by the mist, she steps away from the melee (5' step to O-24, so if the archers aim for where she was they'll automiss).


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Dot


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Nicolai?


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Stumbling back carefully, uncorks one of his admixtures, and hopes that Daxius can distract the bandit for a few more moments...

Chugging his cure light extract
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 hp= 7


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The bandits grit their teeth and fight on:

The burly survivor swings for Hyngrot
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

And the masked opponent with the silver sword goes for Nicolai

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Again, the two archers fire at Pontia:

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Nicolai takes a painful, cutting blow 10points of damage but the other bandits are wide of the mark.

Block 1 are on.


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

"Well this should get their attention."

Angus starts picking the lock to his cage.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 = 21...Oh sure, I'll just let myself out.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Isn't there a miss chance for the obscuring mist?


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

If you're 5' away, there's a 20% miss chance; I don't think there's an issue if you're adjacent to your target. The archers had no chance of hitting Pontia unless they happened to choose the square she was actually in, as I read the rules, because they couldn't see her and had to pick a square to target blind.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Ah, I read 5' away as being adjacent. My mistake.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Round 5

Stats:

HP: 6/19
AC 17 T12 FF14
F/R/W 5/5/1
Effects
None

"I may not be a devil, but that doesn't change that you're trapped here in the mist with me." Hyngrot growls through his teeth as he strikes at the nearby bandit, though loud enough for nearby targets to hear him.

Full attack, then 5' step to P,-22

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 12; Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
Shield: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 8; Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius grimaces as Nicholai goes down. He squares his stance against his opponent (Q-20) and attacks with his longsword.

attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Despite their enthusiasm, Daxius and Hyngrot cannot land blows on their enemies.

Angus should not be able to break out because the DC for locks goes up by 10 if you lack theives' tools. However, for the purpose of the campaign...

Improvising with the collection of rusted pin, animal claw and chicken bone he has managed to collect, Angus bursts the lock of his cell.

Meanwhile, the woman appears from the hut and rushes into the forest.

the latest action

Pontia and Nicolai.


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

"Cayden's sword. I'm a damn idiot."

The man seems utterly mystified that the door is now unlocked.

"F$$!IN' HELLS!"

Well, almost utterly mystified.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai crumbles from the well-aimed blows, blood soaking the dirt and fallen leaves.

Nico's at -3 hp. Rolling stabilization!
1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 1 - 3 = 12


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Round 5:

Status:

HP: 8/13 AC: 15 Conditions: mage armor

Pontia hears the thud as Nicolai hits the ground. I have to stop these two, before Hyngrot goes down too. Calling upon the power stored in her amulet, she energizes one of the spells she knows but did not prepare; a fan of flames bursts forth from her outstretched hands and washes over the two closest bandits, narrowly missing the half-orc.

Casting burning hands on squares O-22, (NOP)-21, and (NOP)-20.

Damage, Reflex save DC 15 for half: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

gm rolls:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

FLames lick the burly fighter.


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Does Angus see any weapons in easy reach?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Angus Alehammer wrote:
Does Angus see any weapons in easy reach?

Nicolai and the three bandits who are dead/dying all have weapons.

The bandit leader retreats from combat with Daxius, "You'd best tend to your friend."
Then he calls out to his allies: "To me, Hylarn! Follow my voice! Molvia, Garby, shoot anything other than Hylarn that comes out of that fogbank!"

The burly fighter slips out of the fog, none of you can see what the archers might be up to.

New Map!


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Well, no sense in letting free weapons go to waste!

Angus goes for the closest downed bandit and grabs a short sword. Form the look on his face, he's not too happy with the bandit's weapon choices.

"Suppose a toothpick is better than nothing."


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

GM E, did either of the two on Hyngrot go down?


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius responds to the bandit leader, And you had best make peace with whatever twisted deity you venerate, outlaw.

His words barely conceal his frustration, however, as he realizes the man is correct. He drops his sword by his feet, crouches down beside Nicholai, and casts a healing spell as quickly as possible.

clw 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

As he retrieves his sword and stands, he calls out to Angus. Prisoner! If you could run down and capture the witch, it would stand you in good stead with The Swords of Light! He points in the direction the woman retreated. I will take the leader!


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Chase after the witch, mouth off at Daxius.

Cue Chaotic tendencies in 5...4...3...

"You want her, then you get her. I make it a habit not to chase women who have threatened my manhood."

After a cold glare from Daxius, Angus rolls his eyes, but does chase off after the witch.

Angus, yer a damn bloody idiot.

Forgive the assumption, Daxius. I figured that having someone mouth off would set him off a bit.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Cold glares are his default setting.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Pontia Canario wrote:
GM E, did either of the two on Hyngrot go down?

Yep, the one whose health meter went down to zero and has not moved. You've killed three people and an owlbear so far today.

Daxius's magic brings some colour back to Nicolai's cheeks.

Just waiting on Hyngrot.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Round 6

Stats:

HP: 6/19
AC 17 T12 FF14
F/R/W 5/5/1
Effects
None

Hyngrot grits his teeth as he prepares to move. "See what you can do about those archers!" Then the half-orc surges forward through the fog, letting out a bestial growl as he attempts to cut down the bandit that appears before him.

Move to L,-21, standard to attack bandit.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot cleaves the skull of the bandit with the silver sword and the man crashes to the floor with a groan.

Meanwhile, the woman makes good her escape.

Map update.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Are we still in rounds?


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

I think so, unless the rest of them are bugging out as well.

Angus shrugs and turns to help mop up the remaining bandits. (Move to K-22)

"'Ello there, sorry 'bout tha devil quips, mind if I make it up to ya by helpin' ya flank this one?" He says, rather cheerily to the Half-orc. He takes a half-hearted swipe at the bandit, and gives an overly dramatic sigh.

"O why, o why did they take me beautiful sword?"

Attack Bandit @ J-23
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Miss


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Still in rounds, Nicolai and Pontia to go... Angus can hold his horses, he's made his move this round.


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Sorry, I was trying no to lose my dot. That's for next round obviously. [:Sheepish grin:]


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Round 6:

Status:

HP: 8/13 AC: 15 Conditions: mage armor

Pontia moves up behind Hyngrot (to M-21) and unleashes an acid dart on the relatively untouched bandit at J-23.

Acid dart ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage (if applicable): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Assuming Nicolai is conscious
Nicolai coughs and groans, and struggles to get up, still aware that they're not out of danger just yet. Getting up, he holds his side.

He nods to Daxius breathlessly, "Thank you my friend."

HP: 1


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Even in the midst of a life and death combat, Daxius spares a moment to raise an eyebrow at Nicolai's comment. Friend?

"Stay down. You are in no condition to continue this fight."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia's acid dart slips past the bandit as he accelerates away.

All of the bandits are off the map now. If you want to give chase then we'll stay in rounds and I'll pull out the gamesmastery chase deck, if not then you can act out of rounds. Up to you.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius charges after the leader, skirting the cloud so that he can keep the man in sight.

"You will not escape the justice of the Swords of Light!"


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

I think Hyngrot might have dropped the leader; at least, he got the one with the nice sword.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Gwah, sorry Daxius! I honestly just did the 'charge from mist and attack first thing I see' moment. Didn't mean to steal that from you.
EDIT: Unless you mean the woman of course.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Oh, I'm just confused then. No problem. One of the bandits is running away, and Daxius is chasing him, leader or not. I'm going to play it like Daxius isn't aware that Angus already gave up on chasing the woman.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"Damnit!" Hyngrot thinks to himself as Daxius begins to give chase, taking a moment to sheathe his sword as he moves.

Action wise, probably delay for Daxius, then realizing he's giving chase move to sheathe scimitar, standard to move drawing a javelin as part of it.


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

Angus watches the bandit's flee and drops the shortsword to the ground. He starts at Daxius' outburst and his giving chase.

"So, uh, is he always like that?"

Perception (Booze, sword, women, armor, food, and other gear, in that order.): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Emerging from the fog bank she conjured, Pontia nods. "I think you'd better sit here and wait until he gets back, though." For all his anger and lack of impulse control, he's a good judge of character. She holds up a hand to forestall any objection. "It's for your own safety. We killed an owlbear not far from here, and there might be another one about.

"So, why were you in the cage?"


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

"They were trying to see if the damn, bloody, orc and goblin screwin' Hellknights would take me in and give them a reward without taking them in to."

Angus completely ignores Pontia's suggestion that he sit down, and proceeds to ransack the camp, answering any more questions while looking for something that would make him less sober.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Angus isn't sure where to look and starts with some empty-looking tents.


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

"Where did those bastards keep the booze?!"

Darn, I was kinda hoping that you'd say that Angus had mistaken Hyngrot for a girl or something. Oh well, search the tents, taking 20 for a 26.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

"Why were the Hellknights interested in you?"


HP: 26/30 AC 17/14/13: F +2, R +6, W+2, Per:+7, Init: +5, Drinks: 0

"See the cage? Says it right on the piece of paper on the door."

Wanted Poster:
Angus Alehammer, wanted for arson, inciting a rebellion, inciting a riot, illegal use of tankard, jaywalking, lacking of respect for proper authority, slander, libel, heresy, minor abuse of the common language, major abuse of the common language, and calling her royal majesty a cow that beds with trolls. Subject is six feet tall, blonde, blue-eyed, and scruffy. He wears studded leather, carries a big sword, and is fond of telling people in authority to do anatomically impossible things to themselves. Be advised that subject is also fond of making passes at any attractive women, regardless of race. Subject is to be considered extremely dangerous.

"They forgot that I also said that Asmodeus' B*+@% wouldn't know what to do if she f+*&ed a real man, that she probably had so many infernal diseases infesting her c&$+ that she'd kill a man by sleeping with him, and that she f&+@ed the Order of the Rack's captain's mother."

He pauses his search and thinks for a minute.

"There's probably more but I was drunk at the time."

He resumes it, cursing the teetotaler bandits that caught him under his breath.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,513 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.