Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


651 to 700 of 1,513 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot's blow bites deeply into the driver as he struggles to grab his sword and master the horses.

At the same time, Daxius' sword bites deeply into the wounded armiger's chest and he falls to the floor, gasping for breath and clutching at his ribs. His ally calls out, her voice quavering: Theon!

Unfortunately, Pontia's attack flies high over the signifier's head.

The signifier grits his teeth and soldiers on, his face a cold, stern mask, he siezes his mace and charges at Pontia:
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

New map

The signifier's mace smashes into Pontia's shoulder, sending pain spasming through her back and cracking her collarbone. Blinding lights flash in her eyes for a moment but she soldiers on.

Nicolai!


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai, believing the armiger he struck is down for the count, he moves in position to assist Pontia with the signifer. He takes out another vial, charges it, and lets it fly, taking care not to his Pontia.

Attack, ranged touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Moves to CI30, utilize 'Precise Bombs' - Pontia's square is safe. (1 bomb left).


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

initiative blocks:
1 = Signifier
2 = Nicolai & Janniven
3 = Armigers
4 = Everyone Else

The signifier howls in shock and pain as fire engulfs him, although he does not fall this is the final nail in the coffin for the armigers' morale and the two left standing flee for their lives: Daxius' opponent throws his sword up in the air, causing Daxius to duck back for a second, and then puts his head down and runs. Meanwhile, the driver of the chariot yanks the reins, the rearing horses wrong-foot Hyngrot for a second and he is off withdraw actions from both

Two others are gasping on their knees, struggling to keep conscious 0hp and the last is lying in a pool of blood and burt flesh.

Astra tries again to free Arael from his manacles 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

While Arael says a short blessing over the body of the bloody armiger, casting a spell, then he says quietly: live yet, young man

Block 4, the signifier is still up but that is it.

You hear Janniven call from across the river as the flames begin to weaken: Two of them are lost in the woods, the others rode hard for Citadel Rivad!

Mappety Map!


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Round 4:

Status:

HP: 4/13 AC: 15 Conditions: mage armor

Pontia stumbles back from the signifier's threatening mace and brings her crossbow to bear on her assailant, grimacing in pain as the movement shifts her shoulder. The involuntary spasm sends the bolt whistling harmlessly past.

Light crossbow attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius looks down at the barely conscious man and says, "You fought well, armiger. Stay down, and you will yet live."

He then turns on his heel and strides purposefully toward the melee with the signifier. double move to CO31


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot hops down from the Lockwagon and moves up to the signifier. "I recommend you surrender. I really do."

Move to CL31, Standard to ready an attack against the signifier if he doesn't surrender.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The signifier scowls angrily at Hyngrot: A Hellknight never surrenders to scum like you! and begins to swing his blade.

Hyngrot, take your ready action!


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 25Flanking, Favored Enemy

Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 3 = 7 Favored Enemy


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The signifier grunts away the pain after Hyngrot's scimitar slashes through his armour and up to leave a bloody scar across his face.

Then he swings for Hyngrot, blinking the blood and sweat out of his eyes:
attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Nicolai!

Map


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nico hefts his mace up, gets closer the armiger, and gives a nice swing...which seems to be sliding out of his hand...

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Move from CI-31 to CI-30, ending at CJ-30


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As Nicolai's swing flails harmlessly past the signifier...

perception DC13:

The heavily wounded armiger left behind by Daxius takes a potion from a belt pouch and drinks it

GM rolls:

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Rest of the party.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Round 5:

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Time we were going." Pontia retreats west to the forest, wincing every time a misstep jars her shoulder.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Pontia, don't forget the Signifier is still up.

"Shoulda stayed down!" Hyngrot takes another strike at the signifier, angry at the Signifier for refusing to surrender. A sideways glance spared reveals another sight. "We got one getting back up."

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

I've already dazzled the signifier, and there's nothing more I can do to him without firing into melee.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot's scimitar smashes through the signifier's defences and he falls to the floor, blood oozing from gaps in his sturdy armour.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Paizo boards were down last night when I tried to post.

Daxius kicks the signifier's weapon away from the fallen man, then points a targeting finger at him. He intones a few holy words, then lets out a low grunt of satisfaction.

Cast Stabilize on the Signifier.

Arael. It is good to see you hale. Are you able to walk with us?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The armiger who drank a potion races out to the East, into the trees.
end of initiative
The fire on the bridge is almost out but Janniven still wades across the river to join the group.
Arael rises stiffly to his feet: Thankyou, Daxius, and your friends. He looks about your group, Ah, you must be the fellows I was supposed to meet when the hellkinghts waylaid me...
Janniven interupts him just as he has got going: We led two a merry dance in the woods but two others rode for the citadel. We need to get out of here.
Oh, right then. Arael indicates the signifier: he should have a key on him, my belongings are in the strongbox.[/b]


GMPC Astra Vesper

Astra frisks the man and finds the key, as she unlocks the strongbox she asks the group: So, what should we do with the horses, and this gang of unconcious men?


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Pontia raises an eyebrow at Arael. "Please don't mention our names where it can be heard, though I don't know how much good it will do at this point. The men? Make sure none will die before they get treatment. I doubt the signifier will be convinced, but if these armigers are like the one we captured in the sewers their heads are full of terrible tales of Arael's followers. Maybe surviving when we could easily have cut their throats will change a mind or two."


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"Either way, we should lock these up in the Lockwagon and head back quickly."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The men lie supine as you lock them away, as you prepare to leave Arael gathers you around and makes a prayer to Iomedae, as he finishes a wave of soothing light washes over you, and over the lockwagon behind Arael.
2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
As you hear the sound of groaning from within the lockwagon, Arael flashes a grin I suppose we'd better be off. and you canter off into the distance.

As you are fast leaving the lockwagon behind you are sure you can hear some shouts, wafting ovee on the breeze, although perhaps it's just your imagination: Damn punks! I'll get you for this! I'll get you...

Rescue mission a complete success, despite Nicolai's best efforts... you should have a little time to talk as you ride back to Westcrown with Janniven and Arael.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Pontia surreptitiously scratches at her collarbone where the rapidly-knitting bone and tissue itches. "Thank you. I suppose it's as good time as any to talk about what else you'd like us to do for Westcrown now."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The elf replies earnestly: Well, you've shown real strength today... We have information coming from everywhere and Westcrown is getting more and more lawless. Obviously not in the Asmodean sense... Arael almost spits out the word, but in terms of the real experience of Wiscrani. As well as the shadow beasts, we have more and more criminal gangs slinking out of hiding places in the abandoned districts and outside the city walls. The Hellknights do more harm than good and the Dottari are increasingly a rabble.
Araels pauses, then goes on, his voice more weary I'm getting ahead of myself, the people of Westcrown need hope. If we, you, can stop a few scams, make some streets safe, break up a gang or two... I think we can start to change how people see this city, see themselves. That's the only thing that can really change this city and restore some of its stolen glory.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius clearly approves of the way their vanquished foes were revived and treated humanely. He receives the healing wave with gratitude and prepares to ride in the front rank back to the city.

Arael, though it is gratifying to see you unfettered, you are now a fugitive. How do you plan to stay out of the clutches of the Dottari? And how might I help you do so?


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai runs his hands through his hair, happy that they succeeded. I guess after taking down a few hellknights, I guess a gang or two shouldn't be too hard.

Going serious, he adds I assent to Daxius...you - and probably all of us here - need to head underground. The hellknights are not like to forget our faces.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

"Well, then, when we're out doing our good deeds we'll have to hide our faces. But we'll need some way to show people that we're on their side, too."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Arael blows air out of his cheeks and surveys the open country and the approaching city walls: When the Dottari handed me over to the hellknights they technicslly cleared my name. We have pulled the hair of the hellknights but they have to be invited to investigate in the city... I'm not saying we won't have to be cautious, just that it will give us some room to work in.
He shifts in the saddle and focuses his gaze more directly upon Westcrown: I shall ask our allies to spread the tale as well, the hellknights are not well-liked and it will begin to give you a reputation. You're right that we shouldn't use our names though: you need to come up with a name and a mark: their used to be a group of knights in Taldor called the dawn-riders, they all had yellow shields... something like that, a calling card.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"Heh, sounds fun. Be nice to help clean up the city abit. Hopefully knock some sense into those stupid kids too playing Hellknights, convince 'em to take up something safer."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

"I propose we call ourselves The Lights of the Sword." Daxius seems proud of his creativity, which is a simple tweak of one of Iomedae's names. "It would bring hope to the oppressed."


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Pontia smiles slightly. "And where does that leave those of us who don't use swords?" But her tone is light, and it's clear that her words are in jest. "More seriously, what do we want to convey with our name? An association with past glory (which references to Aroden will convey), an association with future greatness (which may be implied by references to the Inheritor), or both? Or something else I'm missing?" She steeples her hands, looking from one companion to another, before catching herself with another self-deprecating smile. "I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget that I'm not always teaching. At any rate, I like the idea of tying the name of our band to future greatness, but I suggest we take names out of legend for ourselves." She points at Hyngrot. "We'll call you 'Hunter.' Nicolai, you can be 'Craftsman.' I'll be 'Scholar,' Daxius can be 'Soldier,' and I'm afraid that you get to be 'Thief,' Astra. As long as people remember the carvings along the canal in the Parego Spera, they'll know who we're trying to imitate."


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot rubs his chin in thought. "Hunter. I like it." Then he shakes the thought away, "Doesn't really matter what we call ourselves, as long as it ain't Dottari. And as long as we look out for everyone. Stupid kids, not like they have much choice. We gotta give 'em a choice."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Janniven smiles: The people will look to you, I am sure of it. as you near the city gates, the Dottari wave you through after a cursory check, busy with merchants and having seen most of you leaving earlier: you just appear to have been meeting a friend outside of the city.

Janniven and Arael lead the way toward the 'abandoned' temple of Aroden.

Time to visit other places first if you would like to, although your loaned horses need to be returned to the stables by mid-day, in a few hours.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Before going anywhere else, Pontia pulls out the hat that the party found in the goblin lair and murmurs a brief cantrip. I never did find out what this was.

Spellcraft with detect magic, taking 10 if possible: 10 + 9 = 19


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Pontia Canario wrote:

Before going anywhere else, Pontia pulls out the hat that the party found in the goblin lair and murmurs a brief cantrip. I never did find out what this was.

Spellcraft with detect magic, taking 10 if possible: 10 + 9 = 19

spellcraft dc 18, well beaten:
Greenleaf Cap

Aura: faint divination; CL: 3rd
Slot: head; Price: 1,000 gp; Weight: —
Description
This simple pointed archer’s cap is
made of bright green leaves, neatly folded
to fit together as a cap without need of any
sewing or buttons. The wearer of the cap
finds his vision slides easily around and
through thin or leafy vegetation such as tall
grass, thick leaves, or bushes. The wearer
does not suffer any penalties to Perception
checks or ranged attacks as a result of a
target having concealment from natural
vegetation. The cap does not allow the
wearer to ignore cover, as the ability to see
through and around plants does not allow
arrows to shoot through the trunk of a tree.
Construction
Requirements: Craft Wondrous Items, see
invisibility; Cost: 500 gp.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius sees that Arael is delivered safely to the old temple, then immediately returns his horse, offering to return any others as well. He does the job as quickly as possible, intent on getting back to base.

On his return, he checks in to see if Arael is in need of anything, and explains how he was driven out of his own lodgings and forced to flee from the Hellnight armigers.

I find myself with very little left in my life but the desire to do The Inheritor's bidding, openly and without oppression by the Devil-worshippers running the nation. This group we are forming seems to be the best chance toward that end. Do you have any advice for us? I for one, am anxious to destroy the creatures of the night, but I am open to suggestions.

Later, during a lull in the conversation, Daxius pulls a scrap of paper from his belt. This scrap, torn from a larger sheet, was in the possession of a rather violent goblin the sewers. The words bumble, lapdog and perfidious are written on it, and it is signed 'Castor Argentiomi'. He shows Arael and anyone else who's interested and asks if they know this Castor and what the words might mean.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Knowledge (Local) to recognize the name: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Knowledge (Nobility) to recognize the name: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"I also found this hat by its aura in the goblins' lair--it's a greenleaf cap (see spoiler above for description). It's not really an appropriate item for me; could any of you use it?"


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

6 horses, is anyone going to give Daxius a hand? Gorvio borrowed them from his uncle, Jacovo, and will meet you at the stables.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Arael knowledge local 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

dc15 knowledge local/nobility:

Castor Argentiomi is a minor noble who dabbles in the arcane arts.

dc20 knowledge local/nobility:

The Argentiomi family has lost status and wealth since backing the wrong houses when Aroden fell.

dc25 knowledge nobility only:

The Argentiomi family are now completely reliant upon the Drovenge family and might be regarded as a mere lapdogs of this house, arguably the most powerful noble house in the city.

You can use local resources to try to boost knowledge checks: Westcrown is thick with scholars, temples and libraries. Check campaign info. tab for some ideas of where to start.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai hears Pontia's suggestion, and nods thoughtfully. Good names to keep us anonymous, to be sure. All we need is some disguises - hoods would probably be too ominous...so maybe bandanas with our sigil covering the lower mouths of our faces?

When they get near to city, to Daxius, Here, let me help with get the horses back to the stables


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

kn:nobility 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Our rolls verge on the uncanny. Help a guy out with an Aid Another!

Greenleaf Cap: Daxius will probably end up doing quite a bit of archery in the future, once he replaces his crossbow. I just can't picture him wearing a cap of leaves. Far too silly for him. I vote for selling it and splitting the loot.

Daxius asks around for Sclavo. Assuming he finds him, Daxius has a chat. I don't really know what I'm looking for. It's probably nothing anyway, but if The Inheritor saw fit to put this clue into my hands, I should explore every avenue before decidig it's a dead end. You are a man of letters. How might I find information on Castor Argentiomi? Is this information you might be able to learn at your place of employment? Perhaps there are official records somewhere? Maybe in the Parego Spera?

Daxius is clutching at straws, and he knows it, but Sclavo is a fellow Iomedaen, so it's worth a shot.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

"My master mention this Castor fellow once in passing--a member of the petty nobility with some small interest in arcane magic. I'm afraid I can't remember what he said about the man, though."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Everybody's bumpin' for the weekend.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Getting back to the group name and ID discussion:

"Lights of the Sword is acceptable, and I like the gold armbands--very striking. But I still think we need masks of some kind, to make it harder for Hellknights and their sycophants to identify us and to give the dottari and others who sympathize with us an excuse not to recognize us. Steel-gray scarves, maybe?"


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

I'm for the scarves - question is, how should we go about getting them? I'm thinking it'd be suspicious for a few people to buy scarves, and suddenly have those scarves show up on revolutionaries?


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius rubs his chin. Wouldn't we look a bit like bandits?


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"I'd be fine with scarves. Probably just buy up some cloth, have someone sew 'em up, another someone else get the dye for 'em. Not exactly a seamstress here, but I've fixed a couple holes before. Don't imagine it'd be too hard."

651 to 700 of 1,513 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.