Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


551 to 600 of 1,513 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

if I can use the roll above, that's fine with me.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Hidin' in the bushes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Stealth check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

I guess we did have someone check us...all except Nicolai, who sneezed at an inopportune moment.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Sorry about the massive delay. Found a fix and am raring to go.

You wait in your hiding places, the soft scent of summer pollen, the mellow buzz of insects and the gentle gurgle of the stream all lulling you into a sense of calm.

Then a trundle of wagon and horses comes from the south.

Ambush Map

The Armigers ride along, the four horsemen talking together as they survey the treeline. Most of their chat is about food, horses, uncomfortable armour and the rigours of training.

Behind them the lockwagon has 6 Armigers on the running board and the mood is much more serious, probably because a hard-faced Signifier sits alongside the wagon driver.

The lockwagon has a large crossbow mounted on top, the Armiger behind it is leaning against the stock, looking bored.

The mounted Armigers have just passed the bridge - the ambush is on!

Roll Initiative!


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

ETA: As soon as Janiven figured the wagon was a half-hour away, Pontia casts mage armor on herself.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Inish: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Surprise Round Initiative
Hyngrot
Astra
Pontia
Daxius
Nicolai

GM rolls:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
1d20 ⇒ 4


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Everyone can post their surprise round actions together and we'll play it as almost simultaneous. I'll do initiative blocks afterward.

A lone bird of prey, hanging in the sky, suddenly plunges after its prey. You realise the time has come to strike.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Surprise round:

We may have made a small tactical error here.

Pontia moves to CJ-31 and prepares to cast her spell next round, when the wagon is closer.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

I think we're waiting until the wagon is closer to the bridge to act (correct me if I'm wrong), but Hyngrot's surprise action for when we go is to move to CI31.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Fair play, I may have misread your plans. Feel free to post what you will do and I'll adjust the map when I can.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Given the layout, our actions during the surprise round make sense if the wagon has too much inertia to stop right away. The plan was that Nicolai was going to fire the bridge right in front of the wagon and Pontia was going to open a pit behind the wagon, but the range on expeditious excavation is 30'. Even if Pontia were in the bush with Astra and Nicolai, she wouldn't be able to reach the road with the spell without moving.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Ooh, decisions, decisions...


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Yeah, my action depends on how well Nicolai's arson works out. Daxius holds his action until he hears boom.


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Same here.

Astra waits patiently for the wagon to be trapped, then she'd make a mad dash for the wagon.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

My surprise round is to thorw the bomb. Any objections to me moving out of cover to do it?
Ready on my turn.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

bump?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

new map

Sorry for the delay.

So, checking planned sequence...:

surpise =
Nicolai takes 5ft step and chucks bomb.
Pontia moves into position to cast.
Daxius and Hyngrot go for combat.
Astra goes for the lock.
Janniven starts shooting.
Yes?

Assuming so:

Time seems to slow as the lockwagon inches toward the bridge...

Nicolai, time to throw your bomb!


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolia pushes out of the greenery, and charges his bomb. He squints in the morning light, and targets the oil-soaked bridge.

Attack, ranged touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Ooo..that isn't good; can I use my Ricochet feat to have some splash damage hit (attack roll at a -5)?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Sorry Nicolaihombre, that's a natural one.

Nicolai bounds out of the undergrowth and flings his bottle of explosives at the bridge. They sail clear and true through the bright morning air and land with a resounding thunk on the deck of the bridge.

Nicolai's bottle has failed to break and the explosives are still trapped within. You may adjust your surprise round actions accordingly. Oh, and everyone roll initiative.

gm dice:

armiger 1d20 ⇒ 14
signifier 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


Oh, my lord!

Janniven dithers: What should I do now?

initiative Janniven 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Clearly the plan going off the rails has distracted Pontia, but not so much that she can't call to Janniven before she acts. "Shoot the signifier!"


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Come on Nic. We need that bridge on fire!"


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

How deep is the stream?


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Nicolai mutters dumbfoundedly, "That's not good..."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Pontia Canario wrote:
How deep is the stream?

You can wade but you'll be up to your waist.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

You know what they say about plans and first contact with the enemy.

initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Hyngrot moves out from under the bridge by the side of the road. "Don't tell me I'll have to hop on this thing."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative order
Surprise round:
Nicolai - chucks bomb
Hyngrot - Moves out from under bridge
Astra
Darius
Pontia

Astra, you're up!


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Astra's making a mad dash for the cart. Even if the bridge isn't on fire, it's going to take her some time to pick the lock. Moving to CK-30


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius swears under his breath as he jogs out of the bushes toward the lock-wagon. He has his shield strapped on his arm, ready to defend himself, but has not yet drawn his sword.

Double move to CN 41, activating Resiliancy Judgement as a swift action.

Resiliency Judgement: This judgment makes the inquisitor resistant to harm, granting DR 1/magic.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative order
Surprise round:
Nicolai - chucks bomb
Hyngrot - Moves out from under bridge
Astra - dash for the cart
Daxius - Only one standard or move action allowed (CP45?) in the surprise round
Pontia - The water is about 3ft deep: just waiting for your surprise round action.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Huh--just checking out the map again, and saw your post. One question--this is a standard surprise round--one standard action or one move action?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Pontia Canario wrote:
Huh--just checking out the map again, and saw your post. One question--this is a standard surprise round--one standard action or one move action?

yep


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Anticipating that the wagon will make it across the bridge, Pontia wades to the other side of the stream to position herself for casting her spell. Move to CB-31, treating the water as rough terrain.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative Blocks!
1 = Signifier
2 = Nicolai & Janniven
3 = Armigers
4 = Everyone Else

Janniven aims for the signifier
attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Suddenly struck by an arrow, the signifier grunts in pain and then barks out a command to his men: Position Crux! Get over the bridge! and clambers over the back of the lockwagon to take over the mounted crossbow on the top.

Block 2, go!


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Is the wagon showing any signs of slowing? Would reattempting setting the bridge be viable?


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:
Is the wagon showing any signs of slowing? Would reattempting setting the bridge be viable?

The wagon is being driven by one of the armigers, it doesn't move and he doesn't react until after your next go... so, yeah, you've rolled just enough initiative to get a second shot at 'the plan'.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Second time's the charm...

Nicolai squints, and tosses the second bomb at the bridge.

Attack (Ranged Touch) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Damage (if necessary) 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 fire, 5 splash


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Nicolai's bomb hits the bridge with a blast of flame, igniting the unexploded bomb as it goes 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8.
The force of the blast sends splinters of rock flying through the air and the fuel on the bridge ignites with a whoomph of sucking air.

Janniven lets fly another arrow at the armiger, then heads north through the woods, looking to help the distraction team to disappear.
attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Uh oh, I'm on the wrong side of the stream. Maybe they'll try to push through.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The armigers on horseback see the wall of flame just as the distraction team start firing arrows at them. They waste a moment a move action wheeling around on their horses before careening toward the distraction group, only to hit the caltrops they laid in the grass and find their horses semi-lamed.

ride checks to stay mounted:

1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 11

Two of the armigers are unmounted but you barely notice as the men before you spring into action

Meanwhile, the men on the running boards reach for their weapons and hop down to confront their foes. The driver tries to calm the horses, who are panicked by the sudden flames.

handle animal:

1d20 ⇒ 16

The horses are well-trained and respond to his touch and calls, they do not bolt.

new map, the armigers are hard to see so I have revealed their status bars.

Two of the armigers reach Astra and decide to gang up on the smallest of their foes.

attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Both Armigers show some skill but are unable to land a blow upon the lithe woman.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Initiative Blocks!
1 = Signifier
2 = Nicolai & Janniven
3 = Armigers
4 = Everyone Else

Block 4 is on!


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Round 1 (I think):

Pontia hurries back across the stream. Idiot, idiot, idiot. Double-move to CH-31.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 18/19
AC 18 T12 FF14 CMD 17
F/R/W 5/5/1
Effects: None

Hyngrot circles around to flank the armigers with Astra, striking out with his scimitar as he moves.

Move to flank armigers (I think move CJ29-CJ28-CK27-CL27-CM28 works, if I can't do it without provoking, I'll provoke.), standard to attack.

Attack 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 +2 for flank
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia wades back across the stream, she can feel the fierce heat emanating from the bridge next to her.

At the same time, Hyngrot cleverly circles the armigers and lashes out with his scimitar. Unfortunately his blow skitters across the man's chainmail shirt without doing any harm.

Astra and Daxius!


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius continues to move as a trot, shifting to a charge as he sees an armiger move into his path. He draws his longsword as he charges, swinging it in a wide arc to attack.

Ending charge at CP 42

charging attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Edit: Of course.
damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Charge: After moving, you may make a single melee attack. You get a +2 bonus on the attack roll and take a –2 penalty to your AC until the start of your next turn.

551 to 600 of 1,513 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.