Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


451 to 500 of 1,513 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3
GM Elberion wrote:

Aye, he grins over his soup, I'm not one to delve deep though. Y' get the odd bit a' Barroak and shade maple in the copses on the fringe.

He looks at you thoughtfully: Have y' good carving woods in Shudderwood? I likes lime and blackthorn: hard to get a big blackthorn bush though.

Nicolai thinks a bit. "Hmmm there may be some blackthorn in there There is a lot of oak and elm, to be sure...and great pines; there are a great deal of ancient trees there.

Nicolai's attention drifts back to the ever increasing talk of standing up to the dottari. He turns back to Vitti, Apologies; I beg my leave to consider continuing this conversation at another time."

Nico speaks up after Daxius. "I'd be willing to help. But Daxius, won't breaking out your mentor, a noble thing to be sure, be just as a rancor to the ruling class of this city?"


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius nods to Nicolai. "Yes, it will be."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Morosino has been sat up at the look-out position; he calls down to the group: Sclavo! Daphne!

Sclavo nods and rises, heading over to a an apse and disappearing from view.

Janniven nods to you: That'll be news from the courthouse. For every active member we've a handful of sympathisers.

The conversation around the table falls oddly silent, people eat and wait.

Sclavo returns, looking grim: The good news is that the dotarri don't want him.

Mathalen butts in: And the bad news?

Sclavo shakes his head: The Order of the Rack are taking him out of the city tomorrow morning: they're continuing their investigations at Citadel Rivad.

Some of the group turn pale

dc5 knowledge local check:
Most people who go to Rivad have information tortured out of them, they're not called the Order of the Rack for nothing...
Citadel Rivad is a few hours ride outside of the city.

Sclavo continues: Ten armigers, at least, and a signifier.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Pontia also pales. He knows too much about me, and if I'm implicated they'll go after Master Canario too. Knowledge (Local) +9; automatic success. "That's the group that has him now? Where are they?"


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

"Sounds pretty grim. Do we know the route they'll take to this Citadel? Ambushing them on the road could be an option, though a tough one with those numbers. I doubt rescuing him tonight would be easy." Hyngrot glances over at Daxius, then thinks to himself. "And what do we do if we can't rescue him? He knows too much. What will Daxius do if I...."

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Taking down the lock-wagon might be better for all of us, it will keep the trouble off the streets and all good Wiscrani enjoy a chance to laugh at the hellknights.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Kn (local) - untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Daxius knows nothing about the Order of the Rack, but he knows enough about racks to be concerned. With a pained expression, he mutters, "Things are moving very quickly. We must think before we act rashly." He looks at Janniven. "Hyngrot has a promising idea. This lock-wagon - is it a vehicle for prisoner transport? If we know the route, the general timing, and something about this lock-wagon, we can develop a plan."


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

"I guess me and Pontia need to get going fast then. Is there some spare clothes that the two of us can borrow, and a place with some privacy?"

Astra looks around to see if anyone answers and then focuses on Hyngrot.

"I doubt they're looking for two scrawny bruisers. That's the reason I wanted to borrow your vest."


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot will lend Astra his vest. "Just you two be careful, you hear me? I only want to be launching one rescue mission tomorrow."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Larko and Rizzardo lead Astra and Pontia through a minor maze of alleys, weaving between warehouses, abandoned buildings and an abattoir.

Eventually they are disgorged onto a busy thoroughfare on the edge of Rego Sacero: the dwindling religious district in Parego Spera.

Larko indicates a ramshackle street cafe: We'll meet you here. Be swift, darkness gathers and the night-beasts stalk these streets.

You have roughly 2 hours to gather your things before nightfall.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Knowledge (local) untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Nico blinks at what he knows of the citidel. "Not sure what a signifer is, but if we plan it right, my bombs could take inflict some harm upon the armigers." He blanches a bit at sounding so aggressive, thinking about the armiger they rescued. "Let me run back to my dorm, and get my formula book to prepare for tomorrow."

Nico would slip out as soon as leave is given, and goes back to get the rest of his stuff.


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

okay, RAW, this is supposed to be a secret check, but just in case.
Disguise (Astra): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 = 8
Disguise (Pontia): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 = 16 (Only if she wants to be disguised, and if it's applicable.)

"We'll stick together, and we'll be careful."

Astra changes into the vest away from the others, she uses some of the cloth from her ruined shirt to try and bind her breasts and disguise her more feminine features. She offers to so the same to Pontia, even asking if she can borrow a set of clothes to help sell the disguise.

Once they are out on the streets, Astra whispers to Pontia, "I sure hope you don't live in the high rent district."

I'm guessing we'll head to wherever is closest, Pontia's place, or Astra's. Astra will gather the rest of her gear and don her armor.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

If it's a secret check, just use spoilers.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

"That would be helpful, Astra. With my hair, I could probably pass if you bound my chest, and wizard's robes are fairly generic. I also know the city quite well, so we're not likely to get lost."


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

I think it meant secret as in "GM rolls it," but I didn't see where you might have rolled it. That's why I said just in case, it was just in case I needed it.

Astra helps Pontia out using whats left of her shirt to bind Pontia's chest. Roll in previous post.

Once out on the streets, Astra drops her voice and says, "Lead the way."


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

The wizard murmurs, "You do all the talking."


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

"Alright, but you probably know where to go better than I do."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:

Knowledge (local) untrained: 1d20+3

Nico blinks at what he knows of the citidel. "Not sure what a signifer is, but if we plan it right, my bombs could take inflict some harm upon the armigers." He blanches a bit at sounding so aggressive, thinking about the armiger they rescued. "Let me run back to my dorm, and get my formula book to prepare for tomorrow."

Nico would slip out as soon as leave is given, and goes back to get the rest of his stuff.

Sclavo shows you the way out and speaks to his runner whilst waving you off.

You are in a fairly busy street, just off Regio Sacero.

The sun is becoming low in the sky, you have only s few hours before night.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

While the others are getting their equipment, Daxius will continue to talk with Janniven about their plans, hoping she knows more about the lock-wagon, its route and timing.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3
GM Elberion wrote:
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:

Knowledge (local) untrained: 1d20+3

Nico blinks at what he knows of the citidel. "Not sure what a signifer is, but if we plan it right, my bombs could take inflict some harm upon the armigers." He blanches a bit at sounding so aggressive, thinking about the armiger they rescued. "Let me run back to my dorm, and get my formula book to prepare for tomorrow."

Nico would slip out as soon as leave is given, and goes back to get the rest of his stuff.

Sclavo shows you the way out and speaks to his runner whilst waving you off.

You are in a fairly busy street, just off Regio Sacero.

The sun is becoming low in the sky, you have only s few hours before night.

Nico moves with all haste to his student residence, not stopping to talk to anyone, and with surreptitiousness, looking about to make sure he's not being followed.

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Bluff (to appear on casual business, if needed) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

I hadn't thought about this yet, but it seems reasonable to me that Pontia still rooms with or near Master Canario in the Rego Scripa, so we wouldn't have that far to go. Even though Master Canario was a teacher of nobles, I couldn't see them letting him live in the Parego Regicona. He's common, after all, no matter how knowledgeable he may be. OTOH, they wouldn't come to him if he lived in the Parego Dospera. Is that OK with you, GME?

"Nicolai, a signifier is a spellcaster in the service of the Hellknights. That one is to be slain or incapacitated quickly."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia, Canario would room and research in Regio Scripa but work in Regicona: he goes to them.

Nicolai keeps it casual and is undisturbed entering his chambers, a few people give him a nod or say hello but nobody questions him or seems surprised.


Janniven talks with Daxius: There's only one road to the citadel, they keep the trees trimmed back from the road so it will be hard to sneak up on them.
She pauses in thought for a moment: There is a bridge though, that might work a choke-point.

Gorvio adds his own insight: Some always take the lead as a mounted patrol, with the wagon behind: we've done some work for them before.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Pontia guides Astra from Regio Sacero to Regio Scripa, trying to avoid looking up lest she see someone she knows. She says as little as possible, since she has no expertise at disguising her voice. (The pebbles that Astra made her put into her boots to force her to walk differently ache, too.)


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius ponders for a while, waiting for those getting their gear to return.

When everyone is back, he says, "I suggest an ambush against the lock-wagon transporting Arael tomorrow morning. Since we don't know when, and we're unlikely to find out in time, we must be in position at dawn. It may ne necessary to wait for an extended period of time, so we must be well hidden. I can attack the driver or a horse from a distance, and hopefully slow the conveyance enough to allow us to assault it. We will need crowbars and hack-saws. I would also appreciate the loan of a bow. Mine was lost in the sewer." He seems distinctly uncomfortable admitting this last bit.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia and Astra weave through the city streets, their passage seemingly unmarked, and reach Pontia's lodgings. The lamps are lit in Titus' study as dusk begins to creep across the city.

In terms of laying an ambush: the gang are clearly non-combatants, although some seem more physically able than other they have no training or experience at the moment. Janniven, however, is willing to lend her aid.

The rest of the gang are willing to do anything they can to help.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Pontia pulls out some spare clothing for Astra (all modest cut, nondescript robes, trews, and tunics), her light crossbow, and her spellbook. "Astra, I need to tell my teacher I'm leaving. I think he's in his study, but I'd like you to come with me and listen for an ambush."


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Astra quickly changes and bundles up the clothes she was wearing under her arm.

"Okay, we need to hurry. I still have to get my things."

Perception for an ambush: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Assuming Nicolai is not accosted on his way back...

Pontia Canario wrote:


"Nicolai, a signifier is a spellcaster in the service of the Hellknights. That one is to be slain or incapacitated quickly."

Nico nods. "I see. I only have a working knowledge of magics through alchemy, and not a mage like you. But I will do what is needed."

He looks over at Daxius "Sounds like a good plan - do you mean to take them in the city proper, or well on their way to the citidel. I'd prefer the latter. You may use my crossbow, if you prefer." He unstraps it from his shoulder.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Nicolai is able to gather his equipment undisturbed and sneaks back to the cathedral.

Nicolai dc15 perception check:

You are confident that nobody followed you.

Meanwhile, Pontia approaches her master's study. The door is closed but light comes between cracks in the thin wood.

Astra:
There are no signs of struggle or conflict in the area, the only sounds from beyond the door are a light rustle of pen, ink and paper.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

"I too, would prefer to be outside the city. Of course, the terrain features favorable to ambush will dictate the precise location. Janniven mentioned a bridge, for example. If there is sufficient concealment nearby, that may be a viable option."

When Nicolai offers his crossbow, Daxius politely declines. "You should keep the weapon, as you will likely make better use of it than I. My intention is to move in close to the lock-wagon as soon as practicable. I had hoped there would be a spare weapon here, or amongst those who would not be joining us on the ambush."

Speaking of spare weapons, Daxius suddenly realizes that he's still carrying the dogslicers. He slips them out of his belt and places them on a table, offering them to anyone who could use one. He methodically checks to ensure that his club, which he reclaimed from the armiger, is comfortably in its proper place.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

As Nicolai walks briskly back, he looks about in the waning light.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

While the others do their running, would their be time for Hyngrot to go scout out the bridge?


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Astra leans close to Pontia and whispers

"All good so far, just sounds like he's writing."


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Pontia pauses outside of the study, visibly conflicted, before knocking gently on the door. "Master Titus?"


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia:
Titus is your creation, I'm happy to let you play out the conversation how you want, as long as he isn't giving you gold and magic swords. If you wish he may give you two scrolls of first level spells for you to try and add to your spellbook.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

GM Elberion:
Honestly, I hadn't thought about parting gifts; Pontia is motivated by concern for her teacher, since she's worried that if she's implicated in anything it'll go badly for him. Anyway, subject to your veto at any point, here goes:

The old wizard looks up as Pontia enters, his eyes widening as he takes in the state of her clothing and the disguise."Master, I have to leave you, but I couldn't go without warning you. I've gotten myself into some political trouble, and I'm afraid that it may affect you too. You probably shouldn't know anything more of where I'm going. All I can tell you is that I'll use what you've taught me in a worthy cause. The Gods willing, I'll see you when it's all over. Thank you for--for everything."

Titus smiles sadly. "Ah, my dear, I can't say I'm surprised. I don't know what happened, but after I ended your apprenticeship you got the same look my brother had before he went...away. Though I trust you'll do better than he did.... Don't worry about me; I have enough people in high places who owe me favors to survive. Tell me one thing, if you would. You likely won't be able to carry on my work after me, but--" His smile turns hard, and a conspiratorial gleam comes to his eye. "--are you going to school some nobles?" Pontia can only nod wordlessly, tears streaming from her eyes. "Well, then. That will do." He stands on tiptoe to kiss her forehead. "Now, off with you! And one more bit of advice; from the look of your clothing you've been fighting without casting mage armor first. Don't do that!" With that, he shoos her out the door.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Pontia Canario wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Pontia:
That's lovely, you should let Astra know that she can read it.

Pontia and Astra are finished at Pontia's residence, now for Astra to take the lead!


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Noticing that the sun is dipping ever lower in the sky, Astra hurriedly makes her way to her apartment in one of the poorer regions of town. She has no one to warn, so she just quickly gathers her things and heads back to the place that the others were supposed to meet them at. The whole time she keeps an eye out for anything, or anyone suspicious.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Bluff to appear casual: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Astra:
You can take a look at my DM spoiler above, since you were right there.


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Pontia & GM:
I did. I don't think Astra would really say anything beyond, "Nice guy. Too bad we couldn't have met under different circumstances."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

As Pontia and Astra return to Larko and Rizzardo the streets are becoming very quiet and the last rays on sunlight are disappearing over the city rooves.

gm rolls:

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

As you near the cathedral, Astra spots a shadow shifting in the dark alleys near you.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Astra & GM:
"I'm glad I met him when I did. He's the best teacher I could have had."


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Crap, it'll take too long to don my armor.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Astra keeps walking, but keeps an on the shadow. Out of the corner of her mouth she whispers to Pontia.

"Keep walking, but I think we're being followed."


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Rizzardo turns around: Come on, what you gossiping about?

Again, the shadows move.


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

Astra keeps her voice low and her eyes open.

"Something is moving in the shadows. I think we're being followed."

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Without looking behind her, Pontia murmurs quietly, "Let's see if we can find someplace lit up."


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

"Might help, but we have to get back now. Do you have a speel that could light the area up?"


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

"Not now. I didn't anticipate the need this morning...but then, I doubt either of us anticipated what the day would bring when we got up."


HP: 12/12 AC 18/14/14: F-4, R +6, W+2, Per:+6, Init: +5 Arrows: 40

"True." Astra gives Pontia a broad grin.

She again lowers her voice and whispers in the two guides' ears.

"Do you have a plan for being followed?"

451 to 500 of 1,513 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.