Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Elberion's Council of Thieves

Game Master GeraintElberion

Five Wiscrani natives are struggling to free their city from the dark forces that plague it...


1 to 50 of 1,513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

It is a cool, bright evening in late spring. A light breeze takes the edge off the coming summer heat and the sky is high and clear.
It is a typical starday which is about to be... interrupted:

Pontia

Spoiler:

You awoke early this morning and set to preparing the equipment for the day: stretching parchment, cleaning pens, stirring ink, dissecting frogs... as you began you noticed a small envelope tucked under the door.

In a flowing script, the envelope was marked: "Pontia Canario"

Inside you found a note:
"Pontia,
You have suffered much and know all too well the dark heart of Westcrown's days. If you would play you part in making a better future for us all, join me this evening for light supper at Vizio's Tavern.
J."

light supper is served at roughly 4pm: some Wiscrani divide their days by meals, even though they might only have two or three themselves.

Hyngrot

Spoiler:

As you begin your daily preparations, you find a small note tucked under your wayfinder: you recognise Ailyn's hand immediately. It states simply:
“I am heading North. Back soon. Dine with J. at Vizio's Tavern this evening. 4pm.”

Daxius

Spoiler:

After you have completed your morning prayers you hear movement in the Inn downstairs.

Nicolai

Spoiler:

One of your tutors has mentioned a book on rare local plants which might interest you. As you are searching through the poorly archived 'flora & fauna' section of the library at your school a runner brings you a note.
He stands obediently, awaiting his copper, as he hands you the note. It reads:
“Nicolai Beauturne,
It is with some trepidation that I send you this message. I have been informed by a keen observer that you share my dissatisfaction with the injustices of Wiscrani life.
If this is so, please join me for light supper at Vizio's Tavern this evening. If not, I plead that you destroy this note and forget you ever read its contents.
Yours, in trust,
J.”

Astra

Spoiler:

You awake with a jolt, followed by the deep nagging pain of a hangover.
Even this, however, cannot distract you from the memory of last night: You were supposed to be having a quiet drink with friends and things had got a bit more excited and drunken. You stepped outside to take in some clear, fresh air and bathe in the cool light of the stars.
After a few moments you noticed a woman standing next to you: she stood confidently but relaxed, gave you a glance and then joined you in admiring the stars.
She spoke to you briefly before stepping into the bar, when you pursued she seemed to have disappeared into the Wiscrani night, like smoke or a dream. However, her words stayed with you:
“Hello, Astra Vesper.”
You didn't move your head but could sense her light, slightly teasing grin:
“We have a mutual friend, Samuel; he suggested that you should join me for a light supper with friends some time. Tomorrow, perhaps, at Vizio's Tavern.”

In Westcrown, 'light supper' is a meal served at roughly 4pm.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai looked over the note, twice, before looking up. Tossing the messenger the earned copper, he carefully tucked the note in his pocket. "Thank you, that will be all." As he went back to the bookcase, he began wondering just what this meeting was all about. After he would find the book and get back, he could mull it over.

DM:
Removed a copper from funds, updating gold total.
Would Nicolai be familiar with Vizio's Tavern? He would want to know if it's a less reputable dive, so that he could produce a mutagen in case of trouble (he has none prepared right now, and would need an hour's time).


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:

Nicolai looked over the note, twice, before looking up. Tossing the messenger the earned copper, he carefully tucked the note in his pocket. "Thank you, that will be all." As he went back to the bookcase, he began wondering just what this meeting was all about. After he would find the book and get back, he could mull it over.

** spoiler omitted **

Nicolai

Spoiler:

You don't know the place. You can find the tavern quite easily by asking around but it will require a skill check to find out more: knowledge (local) or diplomacy.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

GM:
"It's probably just some unfortunate looking for shelter." Daxius muses as he rises from his kneeling position. Wearing only his nightshirt, he pads across the room to the chair upon which he'd hung his sword belt and draws his longsword. "Of course, you can never be too careful."

His weapon at half-guard, he walks briskly down the stairs. If he sees anyone he doesn't recognize, he calls out, "Identify yourself!"


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Daxius Veronius wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:

Coming down the stairs you see an attractive woman in her early thirties opening two sacks on the large central table.
She is dressed for action (a longsword hangs at her side, a chain shirt over her torso and a bow is slung across the far end of the table) but her stance is rather different: she has taken down two of the large, dusty cook-pots from the kitchen cabinet and smiles when she sees you coming, although one hand strays toward her sword when she sees yours:
Is that Darius? Arael said I might find you here.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

GM Elberion:
Her first thought was a flash of paranoia: I didn't think I was that obvious yet...but I always knew I was going to need to find others, and maybe they've found me first. With that, she'll return to her work. I'm not sure what Master Canario wants with ten scruples of frog liver, but the ague in his hands was particularly bad yesterday. It's no trouble to prepare it for him. She'll make sure the water clock is full so she isn't late, as without it she would almost certainly get lost in her work and miss the appointment.

At the proper time she'll take a moment to wash her hands and cast a quick prestidigitation spell to clean her clothing before leaving (fortunately, as she otherwise would have missed a few splashes of frog's blood on her sleeves). She'll leave a note for Titus and go.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Pontia

Spoiler:

Your chores done, you head out of the door, intending to reach Vizio's Tavern.
Make a Knowledge (local) check to know where it is.
Otherwise you can ask around with a diplomacy check.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Knowledge (Local) check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Vizio's Tavern: Knowledge Local or Diplomacy DC 10:

You know where the tavern is: just off the docks in Rego Scripa. It used to be a hangout for merchant guards but, when Msr. Vizio died, the family abandoned the business a few months ago and went to live with kin in Corentyn. The tavern has stood empty since.

Vizio's Tavern: Knowledge Local or Diplomacy DC 15:

The tavern was bought recently by a half-elf man and a female human, they've been doing the place up very slowly though.

Vizio's Tavern: Knowledge Local or Diplomacy DC 20:

You've heard some people suggest that squatters have recently taken over the place.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

GM:
On his way back, he would ask around, making a Diplomacy check to gather information.

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

See the DC10 spoiler above.

I'm looking forward to getting you all together so we can have less spoilers.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

GM Elberion:
Hyngrot examines the note, searching for any hidden meanings, before setting it aflame, ensuring it's message has been consumed by fire before proceeding. With no work at present, he'll go by his normal day before proceeding to the tavern.

Two questions. 1) Do I know this J? 2) What do I know about Vizios? (or should I also make the check)


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot:
You don't know anyone with a name that might be referenced by J who would send you this note. Knowledge Local DC15 to make a guess at who J might be.

For Vizio's Tavern, make the checks above.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

DM:
"Odd, why would we be meeting in an abandoned inn? Nicolai mused. Getting back to his student quarters, he prepared a few extracts and created a mutagen, just to be careful.

Nicolai prepares 2 extracts; shield and cure light wounds. The mutagen he would make increases his Dex by +4, reduces his Wis by -2, and adds a +2 bonus to natural armor.

When rolling for something like that, and you have the DC result listed; after I roll, can I edit the post I made or does it reroll the dice result? Or should I make a double post for my actions after knowing the result?


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

GM Elberion:
c'mon dice don't fail me know
J 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Vizio's 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Nicolai Beauturne wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

One of the beauties of Paizo's dice-roller is that even if you edit the post afterward the dice roll stays the same.

Which is very, very useful.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Hyngrot:

See the Vizio's spoiler above.

You've got good enough scores for some synthesis here.

J might well be Janiven, as she is the co-owner of Vizio's tavern.

Janiven is a local merchant guard and tracker. You may even have shared some clients.

She has a reputation for being a bit rash (she recently dragged a client out of a cathouse in his underwear after he refused to leave while the curfew approached) but trustworthy and broadly well-liked.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

GM:

Astra rubs her eyes to get the sleep out of them and tries to ignore the pounding in her head. She walks over to the basin, one of the few items in the room, and scrubs her face. She looks at her tired face reflecting in the water.
"I've got to stop drinking like I'm a Dwarf." She mumbles to herself, like she has one many such mornings.
She puts on some fresh clothes and fixes her hair to hide her ears.
Disguise:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
After a her ears poke out of her hair, she gives up and grabs her punching dagger and slips it into the waist of her pants and pulls her shirt over the handle to hide it.
Sleight of Hand:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Confident that she'll pass for an ordinary peasant she heads out to make sure she knows where the Vizio's tavern is.
Diplomacy (to gather information):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
She heads to the tavern when the time approaches for the meeting.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Just need to wait for a post or two from Daxius and then you can meet. Huzzar!

Daxius:
I think you probably get the idea: the woman is Janiven and she co-owns the tavern with Arael, she is eager for you to meet a group of fellow Wiscrani who are coming this evening.

She will turn aside any questions with comments about 'Iomedan patience' and asking you to help with more chores. She gets you to draw water from the well and draws victals from her two sacks.

She is making a root vegetable and mutton stew, with fresh bread, local cheese and some small (thin) beer.

As the time nears 4pm she suggests you tidy up and prepare to meet some new friends.
You are a fine lad, thankyou. I'll finish off the stew.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

I don't know what's going on in the other threads, as I haven't been reading the spoilers. Should I be?

GM:
Brow furrowed in suspicion, he corrects, "It's Daxius, ma'am, not Darius."He walks down the last few steps, and adds, "I'm afraid you've caught me at a disadvantage, ma'am; I'm in an inexcusable state of undress, and I don't know your name."

Once he's informed of the situation, Daxius lightens up just the slightest bit, and assists with the cooking, then heads back upstairs to suit up at the apppointed time.

Since Janiven feels it's appropriate to be armed and armored for the meeting, Daxius suits up, doning his scale mail and belting on his weapons before heading back down the stairs.

Diplomacy for the Vizio's Tavern spoilers:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Edit: No Go.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Daxius Veronius wrote:

I don't know what's going on in the other threads, as I haven't been reading the spoilers. Should I be?

** spoiler omitted **

Diplomacy for the Vizio's Tavern spoilers:1d20+4

Edit: No Go.

No, you're right: I guess once I've written that many spoiler posts in one go I forget that they're all exclusive.

Daxius:
Janiven apologises for her mistake and smiles mock-coyly at your state of undress when you mention it: It'll take more than that to offend me, but I appreciate your manners.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Astra, Hyngrot, Nicolai and Pontia.

You are walking down the street to the tavern from the central town and find yourself keeping uneasy company with three other Wiscrani.

You really wanted to keep a low profile but decide to brazen it out and head straight for the tavern, only to find everyone else heading there instead.

The door swings open before you and an attractive, armed woman in her mid-30s beckons you in. The inn smells of fresh food and warm bread.

Welcome, I am Janiven. We're all friends here. Thankyou for coming, don't hover in the doorway on my account.

Daxius too...

Looking around, you see another stranger and have a moment to look at your fellows properly.

Would everyone describe what they look like and what they first say when put on the spot.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot stands 6'4", his skin a light green bordering on gray in color. As he removes his brimmed hat, his head can be seen shaven clean. In dress he wears a heavy long coat down to his ankles, underneath which can be seen metal link of his armor. At one side under the coat he keeps a mean looking blade, the other a heavy hammer used for beating in skulls. On his back is a quiver holding a handful of javelins, and slung over that at the moment is a shield, spikes lining one edge. A satchel is draped across his body.

As Hyngrot removes his hat, he gives a nod to Janiven. "Evening ma'am. Looks like I came for the dinner party." As he says it, he eyes the group of individuals he had entered with.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai is roughly 5'8", with a slight, spry body. He is wearing fairly nice clothes, like that of a scholar - a light grey coat covers his frame, though underneath it can be seen that he is also wearing newly polished studded leather armor; a blue scarf around his neck, and fine boots. His skin is lightly bronzed, like most Varisians, and his wavy brown hair is combed forward.

His slate grey eyes darting to and fro, looking at the others assembled with him, he then looked toward the woman who called herself Janiven. He gave a slight bow, arms at his sides; a slight jingling sound occurs at this gesture. "Greetings, madame," his thick northern accent showing, "though it seems you're more aquainted with me than I you."


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra, feeling rather short next to the mountainous Half-Orc, stands at 5' 6", he clothes hang loosely on her skinny frame. A white shirt falls just past her hips and her obviously too long pants fall over her worn leather boots. Her right ear is notched about halfway up and a fading bruise discolors her left cheek. Other than that she appears to be a rather beautiful, raven-haired Half-Elf.

She looks around at the others, dark purple eyes going wide at the sight of two heavily armed and armed people already in the inn. She pauses and glares at Niolai (I'm assuming that he looks like he's a noble here). She comes to Hyngrot last, craning her neck to look at him.

"Well, I think it's safe to say I've never meet you handsome."

She then looks down at her unarmored body with a wry smile.
"Probably safe to say that I came a bit underdressed, too."

She finally looks at Janiven, looking a little abashed.
"And you know me, but looks like I haven't a clue who you are ma'am."

Perception DC 26:

You notice that the shirt appears to be pulled by something tucked in the waistband on Astra's right.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Sorry for not posting sooner; yesterday was kind of frantic. I left work early and my wife and I went to see an interesting cross-cultural interpretation of "A Christmas Carol," performed entirely in tlhIngan Hol (with translations projected above the stage, and a Vulcan narrator). The theater company that did it is going to be doing a couple of other odd interpretations next year--"Bard Fiction" ("Pulp Fiction," as if it were written by Shakespeare), and "Corleone" {"The Godfather," ditto).

Portia enters the tavern, tucks her staff into the crook of one arm, then pulls back the hood of her cloak and looks around, blinking absent-mindedly. "I'm sorry, I had just remembered why Master Canario wanted the frog liver, and I didn't want to forget again." She has mostly Chelaxian features--pale skin, dark eyes, and dark hair, the latter cut short. She's slightly taller than Nicolai, but like the rest of the group is dwarfed by the half-orc. Under her cloak she wears robes, her only visible armament her staff and a poniard at her belt. She continues in a more formal tone, bowing slightly to the woman who let the party in.

"Mistress Janiven, a pleasure to meet you." She looks around at the other three and nods to each in turn. "I am Pontia Canario, scholar."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

At a full six feet tall and over two hundred pounds, Daxius cuts an imposing figure. His long brown hair is swept straight back, and he is cleanly shaven. He's wearing a plain tunic over bulky scale-mail and a longsword at his belt.

Daxius stares with his gold-flecked hazel eyes, brow furrowed, as people continue to filter into his home. He seems increasingly uncomfortable at the intrusion, but manages a polite "Welcome."

He keeps glancing at the half-orc then looking away, as if expecting trouble.

Taldor

I completely appreciate how sketchy things can get over Christmas, I am posting from my parents' ancient computer now that I am visiting them.

Incidentally, I am amused that John has chosen a picture of Iomedae to illustrate his character. Hopefully Daxius won't be too shocked by her appearance. :D


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

There aren't a lot of female human icons with short dark hair, unfortunately. But now I'm imagining the exchange--"Aren't you...?" "No. I get that a lot, for some reason."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Drops to his knees, hands clasped in supplication.


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Does the bunny ears thing behind Pontia's head.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

"She's not the Messiah, she's a very naughty girl!"


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Janniven seems thrilled at how well you are all getting on as she serves you all big bowls of stew with bread and cheese.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Nicolai sits down and looks at the stew before dipping some bread in it.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Taking a seat, Hyngrot takes a whiff of the stew before taking a couple bites. "Well, if it's poison, at least we're gettin' a good meal 'fore going out. Name's Hyngrot. And who do be the rest of my dining campanions, aside from Pontia there, the only one of us with enough manners to introduce themselves, myself included. Oh and our hostess Janniven there."


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius stares at Hyngrot for a hard moment, then says "I was wondering why you people were invited here. Apparently so that you could eat the food that I helped to prepare, and then insult my manners." He sits stiffly and takes a sip from a glass of water. "I am Daxius Veronius."


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Astra eye's the stew her stomach pointedly reminding her she probably hasn't had anything since last night.

"My apologies, I must have forgotten my manners when I smelled the wonderful food here. I'm Astra Vesper. It seems that Janiven and I have a mutual acquaintance."

She sits down and savors the first bite before hungrily proceeding to down the rest.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Please forgive my rudeness as well; I must say, I'm not used to being invited to feasts by mystery hosts." He takes another spoonful of the soup, I'm Nicolai Beauturne, here from Ustlav. Nice to meet you all.

Nicolai would look over at Hyngrot - while the half-orc looks tame enough, he's heard plenty of tales of orcs looting the western parts of Ustlav.


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Hyngrot returns Daxius's stare. "If it's a fight your wantin', I'd be more than happy to oblige. Though I just came to eat your delicious stew with the lady there," nods to Janniven, "and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want us breaking the place up."


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

"Please no breaking. My last set of bruises are still healing up."

Astra points to the almost healed bruise on her cheek.


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius seems slightly saddened to have his suspicions confirmed by Hyngrot's casual offer of violence. His only comment is, "I am not privy to Ms. Janiven's wants. She has not deigned to inform me of them."


Janniven makes a comic sigh: Come now, gentlemen, Wiscrani are you both and in these days Wiscrani must work together.

I should apologise, I have flung you all together with little warning and this is bound to put people on edge.

She leans over and touches Daxius on the arm I have a find friend who vouches for you and She nods toward Hyngrot, further down the table another fine friend who vouches for you.

She takes in the whole table with her gaze.
Every person here, gathered around this table, has a good heart. I would swear to it. So we'll have no squabbles about manners and instead trust that each of us means well.

First, I should explain who I am: I'm a Wiscrani, through and through, a sellsword is what I appear to most but I have a passion which fires me more than the next fight and the next ale. I care about this city and its people and I intend to do something to help them.

After we've dined I will tell you all why I have called you here, rest-assured I have not made any invitations lightly. Now that's a long speech for me, so I'll hold off for a while.


GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

dc20 sense motive:

Janniven seems a little nervous and looks to the door every so often


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

Sense motive:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Well, I know what I need to invest ranks in now. :P


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

Daxius nods in acknowledgement of Janniven's request. He eats quietly and patiently waits for her announcement.

Sense Motive1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


{Hunter} Male Half-Orc Urban Ranger 3 {HP15/28 | AC 17 T12 FF14 CMD 18 | F/R/W 5/5/2}

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Hyngrot gives a snort and mumbles "Sorry" in Daxius's direction.

GM Elberion:
Hyngrot is going to take a look around the room while eating. His focus will be on possible ways of egress if necessary. He'll try to conceal his actions as well from his fellows, particularly Janniven.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 add 2 if human

Ouch, really wish those rolls had been switched


Male Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 3 [HP 27/27, AC 19/12/17, F +4 R +3 W +5]

"There is no need to apologize; I have not been the most gracious of hosts." Daxius keeps his eyes trained on Janniven as he speaks to Hyngrot, and he grows clearly more agitated by the second. He stands abruptly with such violence that his chair falls over backward.

"Enough of this charade!The inquisitor's face is red, and he looks both angered and fearful. "You will inform us as to whom you expect, Janniven, and why their arrival worries you so. This gathering has all the earmarks of a trap - to what purpose I cannot determine - but a trap nonetheless. Explain yourself, or I will leave forthwith!"


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Sorry I'm posting late; haven't been near a computer till now

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Nicolai furrows his brow and looks to the door. "Daxius, what are you going on about?"


HP: 10/10 AC 13/13/10: F-1, R +3, W+0, Per:-2, Init: +3

The unarmored rogue starts at the mention of a trap. She looks around trying to find any quick ways to escape if need be.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Perception DC 9:

Sleight of hand:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Ouch, nat 1
Astra slow moves her hand to her left side.

Perception DC 26:

You also notice there appears to be a bulge that looks suspiciously like a handle to a punching dagger.


Female Human Conjurer/2 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | HP 14/14 | F +1+2 R +1 W +4 | Init +1| Perc +1/+3|Sense Motive +9

Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Missed it by *that* much....

Perception check from Astra: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Pontia paused for a moment to jot down a note to herself before looking up again to hear what Janniven had to say. "Thank you for the unexpected invitation, and thank you for the meal. Hyngrot, I'm pleased to meet you. Don't hold your reticence against yourself; I might have been better off being less ready to announce my name in front of strangers--though clearly Mistress Janniven knew it already." She'll sit down and eat, focusing on her food to the exclusion of much else.

After Daxius' outburst, she'll look quizzically at him. "I'm sorry; I've missed something here. Trap?" Let's see...the exit is behind me and there's a table in the way...have to remember that if I have to run.

1 to 50 of 1,513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Council Of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.