Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GMEdwin's The Pharoah's Race

Game Master Insnare

A motley group of adventurers fixing to find the pharoah's tomb first.


401 to 450 of 1,175 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

So either we steal or the game ends?


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun waves a hand dismissively,

"We need not keep it, we can simply borrow it. Otherwise we must rely upon others, or give up a historical opportunity!"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I didn't say that at all, the game doesnt end if you don't steal it.


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1
Quote:
If you want I could split it up between those that want to thieve and those who don't to keep the game going or you can debate it out...

Ok, the phrasing of the last post made it seem like we had to steal it to keep the game going.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I was thinking closer to the Khaldrun "I wont leave my spellbook behind" escapade..where certain people did one thing and another did another. :)


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Seeing his new colleagues reluctance, and sharing it to a degree Khaldrun sighs,

"Very well then lets at least keep a watch on the place. If we can find the true masks location I have no doubt our foes can do the same. Perhaps the Crook Bearer will be more willing to risk lending it to us if we save it. Please set up a watch I have a few things to prepare and shall be back shortly."

If the others agree.

GMEDWIN:

Khaldrun returns attempting to find the Archdocent and explains the situation. He tells the Archdocent that he has no desire to steal the Mask, but that he cannot bear to risk loosing the opportunity of a life time to explore the pyramid. He suggests that a skilled wizard might be able to replace one mask with another, and offers to leave his metamagic rod in the Archdocents care as surety, as well as first refusal on any artifacts discovered...

Basically he's obliquely trying to say that he wants to borrow the fake mask in order to swap it for the real one, and offering up a 3000gp item to show hes not just trying to nick a lot of gold.

If that works he then goes and purchases a scroll of Magic Aura...

Grand Lodge

HP: 17/17, AC/FF/TCH: 13/10/13, Perception +0, Initiative +2, F/R/W: 4/2/3 | CMD 15 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 2

Personally, me feel that outright stealing it is wrong, but if it is the only way to gain access to the pyramids then so be it. I support the groups final decision.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Khaldrun

Spoiler:
It is too late to go back to the Arch Docent's museum for today (in game). You can do that in the morning.

Are you guys going to camp out in front of the Crook Bearer's estate?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Your group sets up camp atop a three-story building across the street adjacent from the Crook Bearer's compound. It took a little fanageling to get the owner to allow you to setup shop on his roof but Alistair's rank in the Militia and the fact that he happens to be a veteran is the deciding factor.

Past a ten foot high wall you see the three buildings and the oasis of the compound fairly unobstructed. From this vantage point, you can see that the large black building is constructed in the vise of a large Ankh. You are able to track guard's intervals.

Everyone tell me what you want do during the stakeout.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun casts Mage Armor and False Life upon himself, since he will be sleeping soon enough and then takes his time finding a well concealed position he and Azule can watch from without being seen.

Takes 20 on stealth for 23.

False Life Temp HP: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

How far is it from the edge of the roof the group are on to the Crook Bearer's roof?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You are about 35 yards from the wall around the compound. Then another 10 yards from the wall to the southernmost corner of the manor house.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

A yards three feet right? So about 135 feet to the buildings themselves.... Thanks.

Grand Lodge

HP: 17/17, AC/FF/TCH: 13/10/13, Perception +0, Initiative +2, F/R/W: 4/2/3 | CMD 15 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 2

Torsk will find a spot to hunker down. He will sleep when it is time and be on "watch" when its time. Taking a 20 on stealth will give me a 29 :) When not sleeping Torsk will take note of the guard's intervals. The pattern they go in and the time it takes for them to complete their path. Also keeping make perceptions to notice anything unusual going on in/near the compound (not including us lol)

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Lanfear will also take 20 on stealth by putting some foliage on herself or blending into the shadows awaiting for the right time to engage them.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Alistair will take watch woth Torsk trying his best to keep an eye on the compound.

take 20 on stealth for a 29
perception to notice anything unusual in the compound 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Shot Putter Funkmeister

During the night, you were unable to detect anything out of the ordinary. You were able to notice that the Sothan city guard made many more rounds around the perimeter of the compound. You perceive that the Bearer must have them on the payroll.

Around 4 am, Mithral Scab makes her way to the top of the house where you are perched and says, Good Morning everyone! I hate to end your vigil... We need you back at the Lodge, post haste!!!!


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The Scab continues, "Xaven has escaped and all of our guards were liquidated!!! The inside of the lodge has been trapped and you guys need to come back with me...


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

"Liquidated? Do you mean incapacitated, killed or literally liquidated?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mithral Scab looks at Kirsteen and says, Summarily executed! They were bound with their heads removed with a sword or other similar object...

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

well it would seem that our enemies are quite skilled if not daring. would explain why they didn't go after the mask.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun frowns, and detects magic looking for any sign that this might be someone assuming the form of Mithral Scab, if she is the real deal he says,

"Why would they attack the Lodge, purely for that runt? I suppose a thief would be useful in gaining the mask, but why do we need to come back with you exactly? There seems to be no pressing danger if they have left, why the urgency? Surely cleaning up a few traps could be left until day time? It strikes me that were I in their shoes I would want to remove us from the equation were I able..."

Grand Lodge

HP: 17/17, AC/FF/TCH: 13/10/13, Perception +0, Initiative +2, F/R/W: 4/2/3 | CMD 15 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 2

If that is true, should I find that little punk again I will not be so kind.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Khaldrun is able to verify it is the real Mithral Scab and she pokes him with her index finger out of frustration.

Khaldrun stop fooling around!!!! Jaldan wants to see you immediately, considering the circumstances, she is worried about her operatives and wants a status report, I would guess. Cooper you've known her for years and she isn't the kind to fly off the handle for no apparent reason. Let's go!

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Let's go!! Whoever did this will pay in blood.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Alistair looks at the scab I never said I wasn't going (at least not this time)

Alistair heads to the lodge as requested.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

"A status report? I truly hope she has a better reason than that. This seems the worst kind of foolishness to me, but I suppose she is currently my employer in a manner of speaking," Khaldrun says, obviously irked.

"Very well let us get this over with," he snaps, sriding purposefully for the Lodge.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mithral Scab shoots you a scalding look that could melt steel and says "Foolishness!!!! I have been working with some of those people for years and this is Foolishness..."

You make your way back to the lodge. Out front of the main entrance of lodge you see Jaldan Krenshar, the venture captain, pacing in disbelief. At the gate you see the one of the two guards from two days ago dead with another guard also dead. You also see the second guard from last time in shock.

Jaldan turns to Cooper and Scab Earlier tonight, it must have been around 11, the lodge was attacked. This Mustafa pointing to the guard on the ground in shock. came to relieve his colleague for the commencement of his shift at about 12 and found these two dead. He then got me at my apartment and I sent the Scab to find you afterwards. The place is trapped. Mustafa was attacked by some sort of sonic trap, when I sent him in there 30 minutes ago.


We should retake the Lodge, there may be some nasty surprises waiting for us. Be extra careful. Scab and I are coming with you. says Jaldan.

Grand Lodge

HP: 17/17, AC/FF/TCH: 13/10/13, Perception +0, Initiative +2, F/R/W: 4/2/3 | CMD 15 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 2

As long as I get to pummel that Xaven! Should've never trusted that halfling after I caught him spying on us


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

"Very well. Who will lead the way? Is anyone adept at finding traps? I'll maintain a detect magic so we have warning of any magical wards." Khaldrun says, looking to his comrades.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Alistair will take point remembering being told about traps he keeps an eye open for signs of traps (as well as anyone that may still be lurking about)

well lets get this over with heading into the lodge

perception to locate any traps 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 +1 for trapfinding

Grand Lodge

HP: 17/17, AC/FF/TCH: 13/10/13, Perception +0, Initiative +2, F/R/W: 4/2/3 | CMD 15 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 2

Torsk will bring up the rear, covering his friends flank.

Perception to notice anyone hiding or laying in wait

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I know I wrote this before but its been awhile, the redescription of the courtyard

The main entrance to the Pathfinder Lodge passes through
the double doors of an immense archway towering over the
12-foot-high exterior walls surrounding the grounds. The
doors stand slightly ajar and unbarred, despite the late hour.
Beyond the archway, torchlight illuminates the approach
toward a natural garden of shade trees and undergrowth
occupying much of the inner courtyard and blocking view of
the lodge itself on the far side.

Alistair

Spoiler:
You are able to find a glyph set to the entrance Im not sure if set is the right word for it

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Once at the entrance, Alisair motions for everyone to stop indicating the hidden glyph not sure what kind it is exactly but I'll see if I can find a way to disable it.

Alistair carfully move to examine the glyph loking for a way to prevent it's activation.

disable device 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Alistair is able to somehow disable to as if he's done a thousand time before.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun follows Alistair's lead.


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Kirsteen follows up behind.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Jaldan nods and the group moves forward into a large garden of sycamore trees which dominate this central
courtyard. Strung between them, a wooden framework
supports a variety of grapevines and hanging plants, obscuring
much of the view ahead. Beneath their shade, dark paths wind
through the lush undergrowth.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Alistair pulls one of his pistols and carfully makes his way through the courtyard keeping an eye for more glyphs or other traps.

perception check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Shot Putter Funkmeister

GM Rolls

Spoiler:
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19Perception checks, Khal 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20, Kirsteen 1d20 ⇒ 13, Torsk 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29, Lanfear 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12, Scab 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15, Jaldan 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Surprise Round
Torsk, Cooper, Khal and Legionnaires

Torsk, Cooper and Khaldrun are able to spot two enemies preparing Crossbows on either side of them for a total of four hiding in the foliage of the garden.

Grand Lodge

HP: 17/17, AC/FF/TCH: 13/10/13, Perception +0, Initiative +2, F/R/W: 4/2/3 | CMD 15 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 2

Enemies to the left and right, 2 a side. Everyone be careful.

I don't know if there is initiative or not... so I am just going to post my actions since I have work soon :) Then since I would have had to charge then I would have, I haven't done many surprise rounds in my day lol. So my AC is now 13 due to me charging

Spoiler:
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Free action: enter Dragon Style stance

Move action: walk up to nearest enemy

Standard action: attack nearest enemy

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Damage Fist: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Damage Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Normally you can only take a standard action in a surprise round, or a standard and a swift at any rate, but you can charge up to your speed.

Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Shot Putter Funkmeister

No problem, its the surprise round, if youre feeling like saving me some die rolling, feel free to do your own initiative rolls. After the other two do their thing, I will have the legionnaires attack and then setup round 1

Torsk's fist catches the woman legionnaire flat in the face, scorching her face and breaks one of her teeth.

Yeah, i did perception checks to counter the stealth of the enemy


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun chants,

"Gingthgilsatsaf!" and suddenly the whole group, save Jhaldan finds time flowing about them more slowly as their own movements speed exponentially.

Khaldrun then vanishes reappearing behind the most substantial cover close to hand.

Uses Shift to teleport 15ft. as a swift action to the most suitable cover within 15ft. from the visible foes - assuming there is any. If there is none he goes behind as many allies as possible.

Only omitting Jhaldan from haste because he can effect 6 and as a caster it should be less useful to her.

Haste Effects:
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a speed weapon, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can't use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for increased speed.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Here is the webaddress for the map... I don't know how to do the moveable Icons... Your characters would in area marked as two closer to the right side entrance. If anyone can show me how this bad boy works that would be great.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxdGbXsUC5v2TDN1VXhNSGRTNGM/edit?docId=0B xdGbXsUC5v2NE1ySmRCcklyaUU


no access to google docs I have had issues with them for the longest time and google is near impossible to recover anything. i can't log in and I cannot recover my password until I open yet another e-mail account. so I will just go abstract and hope for the best

EDIT got something figured out but cannot access the document .. need permission


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Give it a whirl, now I just hocus pocussed it so it should work now... but itn't got token or stuff on there.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

You need to share it at the top right corner of the document. Set to all who has the link and set to can EDIT. Check this out in my games.
Map


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

By the way i am confused, so do i roll initiative or the DM will do that? Am i suppose to act this round?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxdGbXsUC5v2bGhIeHNkQ0JPcDg/edit

I just uploaded Khal's upgrades, however I do not have all of those neat editing features I saw in Lanfear's example. The way i play it is for surprise round, whoever beats the enemies gets an attack/move or something and then after that the enemies go and then initiative is done for round 1... If you want you can roll your own initiative if you feel youre luckier than the GM... Your characters can be located anywhere between L and M 22 through 28 to start.

401 to 450 of 1,175 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sothis.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.