Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GMEdwin's The Pharoah's Race

Game Master Insnare

A motley group of adventurers fixing to find the pharoah's tomb first.


151 to 200 of 1,175 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun nods, and prepares himself to bid on the scrolls.

We should have 420gp to spend on the scrolls.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Actually Cooper is really interested in finding out why that young girl was so interested in the rubbings. He is worried there may be competition on this little quest

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

If you will excuse me I have something I need to take care of Alistair informs the others, or at least those that care to know.

Alistair then moves to find that young girl looking to follow her or at the very least try and see what else she seems interested in.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Shot Putter Funkmeister

During the bidding for the statues, the Paracount makes two bids but the Crook Bearer outbids him and a bunch of other sages and is able to bring it home for the cost of 200 gp.

Congratulations to the Crook Bearer, hopefully this gem will be a gem in your home, good sir! says the Auction master.

At this point we shall take a short recess, feel free to order some refreshments.

You can appraise things your character hasn't or you can check the crowd.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Has the guy with the lockbox bid yet out of curiosity?

Torsk will check out the crowd. Perception to notice anything out of the ordinary. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Lanfear looks around the crowd trying to locate anyone of interest.

[Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Do I see which way Alistair went? I want to make sure he doesn't get mugged or anything


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Any new things up for auction or just the rest of the other stuff?

Kirsteen will look over the 11 green-speckled veinstones first and then the seven gold coins if she has time.

appraise veinstones 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
appraise coins 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

She'll look about for Cooper to ask his opinion of these two items and turn about to see him walking off. Where is he going? Though curious about what he is up to, Kirsteen turns back to the items.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

to the GM:

Alistair is not intending to actually confront or engage the girl in conversation he is just trying to spy on her a bit to see what she is up to. her interest in the rubbing has sparked his curiosity a bit. if she leaves the auction Alistair will not follow. but he hopes to see who she associates with (if anybody).
in case needed perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
also in case needed Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

EDIT: will I ever roll above a 5 (or 10) in this entire game?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Torsk, since Khaldrun told everyone who everyone was, you would know the Crook Bearer is the dude with the lockbox. Kirsteen, the coins have already been sold and taken away...

Alistair follows the half-Osirani girl to Khaldrun and she says, "Hello, sir, my name is Neferet Anu, I am an aspiring sage and have noticed you were able to acquire those rubbings. If only I were able see the vast wonders which lay within. I am fluent in Ancient Osirani and am an expert in the four Pharoah period. My soothsayer said I have a mystical connection to Ankana...." she then laughs nervously and continues I would be willing to work for you, sir, for a modest fee.

Kirsteen

Spoiler:
The vein stones are worth 200 gp.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Alistair tries to postion himself behind the girl but where Khaldrun can see him. and keeps an eye out for anyone that may be accompanying the girl. one hand ready to draw a pistol. he remains quiet while she speaks to Khaldrun.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun frowns,

"I fear I have access to Comprehend Languages Miss Anu, and it seems you would pay me with a favor to yourself. You sought to purchase the rubbings and were willing to pay good coin to do so afterall. Still it might be prudent to seek the opinion of someone versed in the period. Of course my colleagues and myself must peruse it first, and I would like to know if you have any reason other than academic interest for wishing to peruse the rubbings. A fee is out of the question I am afraid, but if you tell me where I might contact you, I may be willing to allow you to study them, subject to the agreement of my colleagues."

Did Neferet detect as having any magic on her person?

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

What all is left up for auction that we can see?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

the scrolls, the vein stones, and the bronze statue with a cobra's head on it. @Khaldran, No she is not carrying anything magical.

Nefret smiles and says, "I hope I did not offend you, sir. I am but a humble sage student. Mayhap, I was a bit naive in thinking that I could acquire such a great find as you have been able to. But is it a crime to try? Normally, the collectors want the real item not a charcoal copy. Aha, you must be some sort of arcane master, she then flicks a stray hair out of her face and smiles.

and continues after grabbing a quill and parchment from the Kemsedarian's table scribbling her address down, "Well, here is my address on the Eye of Sothis, I am usually home in the evening" she hands the parchment to Khaldran and brushes his shoulder with her opposite hand.


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Ok, can I substitute my roll for the coins for the bronze statue then? I gotta find something to buy with my money. :)


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun quirks a brow frowning down at Neferet,

"Forgive me my dear, but if you are attempting to flirt you are barking up the wrong tree - I prefer books. Rest assured, I look favorably upon the desire to learn, and if it does not conflict with my own interests, and my companions do not object I would not deprive you of the chance to review the texts."

As soon as she turns away the wizard checks his possessions, starting with the rubbings. Khladrun has always believed affairs of the heart to be a nasty, sticky, waste of time, and his few visits to brothels have hardly altered this opinion. One day, he imagines, he will marry the woman his father selects for him and largely ignore her. Until then he finds female attention perplexing and suspicious.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

ok

Kirsteen

Spoiler:
You can tell that the statue is worth 400gp, but you also notice ancient Osirioni hieroglyphs on its chest.


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Hmm, the others that speak ancient aren't near me at the moment. So Kirsteen will just have to take a stab in the dark and bid on the statue. And the stones too if I have enough. They are pretty. :)

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Nevermind didn't notice Kirsteen make an appraise on the veinstones.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

After a few moments confirming that the young girl is not a decoy for an ambush Alisair finally notices Kirsteen has gone off to "explore" some of the other items.

sense motive just in case: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

He goes up to her Find anything interesting?


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

So intent on her appraisal of item, Kirsteen doesn't even pay attention as Cooper wanders up beside and gives a little jump of surprise. "Oh, Cooper! There you are, I was just wondering where you had gone off to. This statue looks rather interesting, but the inscription upon its chest appears to be in ancient Orisni. Can you decipher what it says?"

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Sorry about that i was checking on some possible competetors. anyway, lets have a look.

Alistair takes a look at the inscriptions.

GM:

Alistair will take a look at the inscriptions but he is also trying to see what (if anything) Kirsteen is interested in without actually looking like he is. (if you can understand what I mean).

Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Appraise 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Alistair reads Ancient Osiriani but in case linguistics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Alistair

Spoiler:
On the statue's chest you see the hieroglyphs "up", "down", and "stop". You can tell that the statue is worth 400gp,

Kirsteen seems to think you are only interested in the statue you are looking at.

The paracount with his shoulder length brown hair and goattee walks to the front of the auction and says to the Kemesarian audible enough for the entire crowd to hear "MAY I LOOK AT THOSE SCROLLS, PLEASE?"

The Kemesarian replies, Why, of course, sir

The Paracount stands next to Kirsteen and Cooper and starts to look through the scroll and after five minutes he declares "These scrolls are forgeries!

The crowd applaud and the Kemesarian turns a bright red from embarrassment.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Sense Motive to see if the Paracount is telling the truth or simply trying to get the scrolls for a cheap price. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Spoiler:
Paracount Bluff check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

You can tell that he is definitely not going to buy them, but you don't know if he is lying or not.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun moves up and examines the scrolls himself, finding the word of a fellow bidder less than convincing.

Appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Lol, *sigh*

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

He is lying so he can drive the prices down. Its a common tactic used in auctions.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

first to address Kirsteen's question

to Kirsteen in Celestial:

hyroglyphs seem rather odd up, down, stop? makes little sense except perhaps directions to open it or perhaps directions to something else
speaking Celestial in case others (non-party) want to listen in

Alistair mentions to Khaldrun

Kirsteen has examined the scrolls she may have more information about them. Also how is our finances?

Alisair will take a look at the stones before the auction starts up again.

appraise 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Cooper

Spoiler:
The vein stones are worth 200 gp.

@Lanfear, do you want to roll a sense motive or are you just saying things?


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

"I still have my gold. It should be sufficient to purchase that statue and the stones. I'm not sure if the those or the scroll would be of use to us, but it would be shame to be wrong and not have them. The scrolls seemed real enough to me when I looked at them though."

Sure why not, try to bid on all the things left.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

She just saying things. It may not be true.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Ready to move on?


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Ready for the auctions.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

ready as well just hope we have the money to get what we want

Alistair will keep an eye out for the contact we were supposed to meet during the second round of bidding (as well as that other girl that had an interest in the rubbings).

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

EDIT what color socks is the auctioneer wearing again? was going to say something else but I don't need to be slapped....yet

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Ready to move on, gonna keep an eye out for Paracount and any of his crew when the scrolls come up for auction.Also if the Count isn't going after them, keeping an eye out for anyone other then us wanting to buy them. Sense Motive and Intimidation where needed.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

As the food and drinks were served, the Kemesarian makes his way back to the podium.

I trust you all enjoyed your food and drinks and I hope you are ready to get you hands on some really interesting treasures.

The preliminary offerings are again uninteresting and are picked up by sages and philosophers. You notice the big three not bidding on any of these items and you follow suit. Eventually, the auction master returns,

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to bring your attention to our next item up for auction, is this beautiful bronze sculpture of the pharoah Kahotep with a head of a cobra, body of a man and the tail of a serpent. The starting bid is 20 gps.

same drill as before, tell me how much you are willing to bid


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

1,000 gp would be my limit. Though she thinks its worth about half that, she is determined to buy something and can be quite stubborn.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

I have looked and appraised the item. It is worth about 400Gp. Lanfear told the group.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Alistair whispers to Khaldrun.:

I know it really doesn't help our cause, but is there enough that we might purchase those blus stones. I'll cover any cost out of my share of any treasure we may aquire later He is eyeing Kirsteen subtlely as he is speaking to him.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun nods.

Attempts to purchase the blue stones, can spend up to 280gp.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The bidding for the bronze sculpture goes by rather quickly with the Crook Bearer taking it 500gp.

Splendidly done, please bring the Crook Bearer his just prize. Now comes our beautiful green veinstones. These are said to be a miniature of something that can be found in the pyramids of ascension, an exquisite find, lets start the bidding at 100gp, shall we?


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Didn't Kirsteen say she would bid up to 1000gp for the sculpture?


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Yes, I did.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

I would've attempted to demoralize the Crook Bearer to get them cheaper as well.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Demoralize check is equal to DC 10+HD of crook + wisdom mod


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I thought you only had 280 gp.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Me I have about 400+ gp left I think and I think Kirsteen had 1000+ gp left. Hope we can atill get them :)


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Sorry everyone, let's move it backwards then...

The Kemserian says noticing his mistake, when his runner from the far side of the auction hall puts in Kirsteen's bid Aha, well Bearer, it seems you have been outbid, would you like to outbid her bid?

Bearer grits his teeth and waves his hands in an x pattern indicating no.

Well, young lady, congratulations on buying this statue for 550 gps. As I said before here comes our beautiful green veinstones. These are said to be a miniature of something that can be found in the pyramids of ascension, an exquisite find, lets start the bidding at 100gp, shall we?


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Kirsteen claps a bit excitedly when she wins the bid for the statue. "That was fun. My first ever auction and my first ever win at an auction."

If the bid for the stones exceeds Khalduns 280, Kirsteen will give him up to another 200.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Alistair tries to prevent Kirsteen from adding to the money pot.

I got this covered he tells her with a bit of worry on his face concerned there might not be enough.

when torsk offer his money Alistair give a smile.

he whispers to Torsk:

I would like to offer to you a deal. anything you contibute to this purchase I would pay you back. he says motioning toward Kirsteen trying indicate that he want to purchase them as a gift.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

how much money did we have to put towards the stones and the scrolls?

To Alistair:sure, Torsk whispers to Alistair.

151 to 200 of 1,175 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sothis.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.