Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GMEdwin's The Pharoah's Race

Game Master Insnare

A motley group of adventurers fixing to find the pharoah's tomb first.


51 to 100 of 1,175 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Torsk makes a mental note, if I ever face off against one of these "4-armed things" maybe grappling isn't my best course of action.

Sigh, me wonder how long the pissing match continue? Usually its half-orc and elves that bicker.

Torsk let out a smirking grunt over the quibbling between Khaldrun and Krenshar

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Looking at the heated exchange between Khaldrun and Krenshar, Lanfear smiled.

Dear gentlemen, should you either party cannot resolve this with words then maybe you may require my services?

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Alistair sits quietly (for once) as the remarks are exchanged. He then leans over to Kirsteen

to Kirsteen in Celestial:

And I thought I had the big Ego

Finally Alistair interjects if anything to change the topic in the hopes to calm down the wizards

Look I can assume we are her because of recent events, Hell the shifting sands is causing havoc on the Southern trade routes, and I barely enough men to keep them marked let alone safe. That being said what is it that you have found?


Oops, I misread your post... it was 5am and I needed to run but may as well run with it. The whole guard thing was a bit weird too...

"Hahahahaha! Indignant... I like it. Most of our fellow wizards especially the human kind are involved in the studying aspect. And would back down lightly from a challenge... hmmm.... good!

Turning to Lanfear,
Do I look like a man to you? I would also like some pointers on the finer points of cosmetics from Kirsteen, Hahahaha!

After everyone sits down in her office, she looks around the room and says, You have all most likely heard about the revelation regarding the shifting sands, this has revealed the tombs of the four pharoahs of the ascension. My agents have located the only survivor of the previous expedition which was over 50 years ago, however, the Scab is... deep cover. Why I contacted you is simple. I need you to make contact with Mithral Scab and speak with Raegos about his previous expedition.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

I half suspected that might be the case, and yes jumping past the guard was an arrogant little how dare you keep me out move ;)

"Well and good then. The task sounds simple enough, can you elaborate on any potential pit falls, dangers, or consideration it might be prudent for us to consider?" The wizard says, relaxing his stance and beginning to smooth his goatee as he contemplates.

I'm a little confused about Scab and Mithral Scab, should Khaldon know what/who those are?


No that is what the agent's code name is...

The meet will be at a discreet auction tomorrow in the Malhitu Bazaar. There are some very interesting antiquities there so keep your eye out for things that may be able to help you on the expedition the pyramids. Plus you know the drill, standard 10% for the lodge and please bring us back a useful map or maybe a diary.


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Should we have saved some gold for the auction?

Back at Cooper in Celestial, with a bit of a surprised look that he actually speaks it.

Spoiler:
I thought you did too.

She'll smile a bit after saying that.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Ameanir ilcc wya malatyanyan Selaanmalala, laireycw ama vaan oylwla omes anira Tyilaniroelwam Laenyeaana oem eym ilnyhyelaeaneel anesemmeam?

in Elven:
With all due respect Mistress, should we get funds from the Pathfinder Society for our acquisition tomorrow?

Lanfear spoke in Elven towards Haldane Krenshar.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Torsk wonders to himself what might be in the auction.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

hiding a chuckle at Kirsteen's comment.

discreet Auction? this does sound interesting

Knowledge local on this auction and the Mithral Scab 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 (not sure if the Antquities smuggler trait would be of any help here)


Cooper

Spoiler:
You know that there are illegal antiquities auctions in Sothis and the really big ones aren't very often, but lots of people attend and its by invitation only... As for Mithral Scab, you have never met, but you do that the Scab is one of the best agents of Krenshar and she is very secret about her agents, Sothis is a dangerous place, as you know.

The lodge has acquired you all invitations in a discreet manner where noone knows that you actually work for us, which is how we will keep you, Raegos and the Scab safe. Discretion is key in this city. You surely have enough gold between the lot of you to get your hands on something important. By the by, keep your eyes out for fakes.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

I can work with discretion. May I know who among us would be the main bidder? I believe we also need someone to go on stage to appraise the items. Anyone confident in that? Also would we have a secret code so that the scab can identify us?


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

"Forgive me Madam Krenshar, but expecting us to spend our own coin at an auction we are attending at your request seems a tad unreasonable. I tend to put my own funds to good use, as I am sure you are aware maintaining ones spellbook is not cheap. I could secure funds from my family, but confess I am loathe to do so." Khaldrun says frowning.

I have about 8gp.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

I agree, you call us here to help. Me put own 'neck on line', but is you who expect me to spend own gold that teacher saved up for me on journey. Torsk replies with a stern look in his eyes.

Just disregard the 700+ gp jingling in his belt pouch lol


She paces a little bit. And she explains to you what the secret coding gestures for identification and then turns to Khaldrun:

You mistake my meaning. I am not saying you need to buy anything at all. But there may be items there that may be beneficial for the expedition. Make no mistake, once speaking with Raegos, exploring the Ascension pyramids is extremely important and the Lodge will help you afterwards. Cooper can attest to our thoroughness.

I was giving a in game hint or was I?


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun nods,

"Well that makes sense, of course. Very well then, are there any preparations you would advise? It might be wise to illuminate each other in regard to our capabilities if we are to be working together."


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

"I could likely give an appraisal of most of the religious items that may be put up for auction."

An in game hint of what?

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Well it seems Kirsteen and I am most learned to appraise the auction items. I have stolen many such artifacts during my contracts. Maybe Khaldrun or Alistar can be the person to bid on our behalf after I appraise it.

Or maybe writing can identify with items on us, such as a colorful feather or a colored scarf etc to hint scab to contact us

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Auction...hmmmm. haven't been to one since Zuri and I ...nevermind that Alistair quickly starts to change the subject back to the situation at hand.

He turns to Lanfear not to worry I can usually spot a fake a mile away. however it takes a shrewed businessman to outwit some of these dealers.

He then looks to Kirsteen I would suggest that you stay close to me you look far to innocent to wander among those cutthroats alone

Khaldrun, I am sure you "persuasive personality" is just what we need in a bidder

Alistair soon finds himself about to give orders like these new partners are among his troops but he soon stops himself.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Torsk bows in martial arts fashion to Khaldrun
I am a Tetori monk from the Barrier Mountains where I was trained by master Jamarl. I trained in Dragon style. Me usually very perceptive of things going on around me.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Khaldrun, looks surprised,

"I suppose if it is a simple matter of calling bids rather than negotiation. As I believe we have all seen I have little enough talent for the diplomacy," at the last he gives a small pained smile.

Nodding to Torsk's words the wizard responds,

"Indeed? I to am a firm believer in being aware of ones surroundings. Might I inquire what I can do to facilitate your actions should we be forced to engage in combat? I see you wear no armor, perhaps a mage armor spell to give you some protection? I generally prepare one for myself, another would be little enough trouble."


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Kirsteen responds to Khaldrun's question about capabilities. "I am a cleric of Sarenrae and have access to some divine spells, including those for healing."

At Cooper's comment, Kirsteen looks like she's about to say something and then stops because she can't decide if telling her that she looks innocent was meant in a condescending way or just his opinion. Also, she has no desire to wander alone among cut-throats...

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

"Mage armor good" as Torsk smiles at the mage.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Don't worry Kirsteen. I cut throats too. In fact I excel at them.

Very well so we know the secret gesture, I guess the next thing to do is to meet at the auction tomorrow.

So what's the gesture, maybe we can juggle fruits when on the stage.


Are there any questions that I may be able to answer for you before you leave?


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Kirsteen looks at Lanfear. "I would not be surprised if you could in fact cut four at once."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Yes as a matter of fact are there any potential opponents who are eyeing the artifacts we should look out for?

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

You know anyone specific we need worry about at auction?

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Lanfear looked at Torsk as he asked the same thing at the same time.

This is a perceptive warrior too. A killer like me.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Well Khaldrun Alistair answering his question

you could say I am a jack of all trades, a bit smuggler, a bit thief, a warrior, and even a bit of a cad he says with a wink

I even know a little magic. My number one skill though, is keeping myself and those I am charged with alive

ninja'd by the whole party?

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

great minds think alike lol


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

Kirsteen glances over to Cooper. I'm willing to bet he's the one that will need my healing magics the most.


She scratches her chin, then she looks earnestly, This is an opportunity that comes maybe once or twice a century, there should be lots of potential threats. Normally, we have our hands full with the Aspis Consortium but they are usually more long term profit oriented.. but I do smell something sinister, my magix tell me something may be out of place but I can't put my finger on it... Anyway, keep your heads on a swivel and everything should be fine... Without further questions, I bid you adieu...

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Torsk bows to Krenshar


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

"A most laudable skill Captain Cooper, it is much the same as my own tactical aim - though I suspect our methods differ significantly I would hope they can complement one another. And of course Madam Kirsteen I am always pleased to have a divine caster available, you will be an asset to our coming endeavors I am sure."

Khaldrun executes a courtly bow turning to walk out of the lodge, Azule darting around back and forth between his legs.

"I have nothing pressing to do before tomorrows auction," and do not really wish to return home to those demanding strangers, "Perhaps we might spend some time getting acquainted. Perhaps a meal? Or maybe we could attempt to learn more about the auction itself, though my talents do not lie in that area."

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

I could stand to eat. I am not very good at obtaining information through social means.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Hmmm the Aspis Consortium...I have a score to settle with them. Looks like fate is setting me up perfectly.

Lanfear crossed all her 4 arms on her chest before walking out.

See you tomorrow. Come ready to kill.

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Well I could go for a bite, Kristeen? care to join?

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Torsk goes to a local in for a common meal. Pays the 3sp and leaves a tip of 1sp for a total of 4sp. Torsk then buys a loaf of bread for 2cp and a hunk of cheese for 1sp and finds a homeless child and discretely gives the child the bread and cheese.....wealth adjusted accordingly.


Female Aasimar Bear Shaman / 1

"Getting something to eat sounds like a lovely idea to me."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You all leave the Pathfinder's lodge and spend the evening wherever you choose. At the appointed time you gather together about an hour before the auction in front of the first gate to the Malhitu Bazaar. On your approach you get the impression that the current Khemet dynasty is trying really hard to make you believe they are in control with lines of sphinx statues on either side of the street.

Knowledge Local DC 10

Spoiler:
These statues impress upon citizen and foreign traders alike the return to power of a royal dynasty, as for centuries prior to the resumption of native rule many
of Sothis’s public monuments and statues sat defaced,
toppled, and neglected by foreign rulers eager to put
aside the pharaonic past by the former Keleshite Empire.

Once moving past the three gates, Each of which is flanked by a pair
of limestone obelisks inscribed with the names of the
current ruling dynasty, as well as a carved proclamation
granting the bazaar’s use to foreign merchants and
any free Osirian without charge.

After walking into the bazaar, you find
an open-air bazaar filled to the seams with the tents
and stalls of every manner of merchant and craftsman,
bringing together goods and services from across Osirion
and lands beyond.

Eventually, you reach the address and the auction house is a large white pavilion, hidden among dozens just like it, each
contributing to the endless maze of tents
littering the Malhitu Bazaar. Inside, rows of
brightly woven carpets encircle a wooden stage
topped with a garish podium.

A eunuch greets you at the entrance, Hello, may I see your invitations, please?

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Lanfear looks at the statues approvingly

They are the rightful ruler of this nation.

Walking through the Malhitu Bazaar Lanfear took in the sights and sounds of the human crowd. At the corner of her eye she noticed a street pick pocket picking the coinpurse of a noble man.

Ahh that kid shows promise Lanfear chuckled.

Approaching the eunuch,

This is my letter. May I say what you lost in your devotion to your master serves you well in your focus. Most man always allow their crouch to do the thinking.

Lanfear looked at the Eunuch crouch while talking.


Male Human (Osirian) Wizard 6 (HP 62/47; AC 17, touch 13, FF 14; Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5; Init +12; Perception +13)

Ever the proud Osirion, Khaldrun is as ever pleased to see the first signs of his nations ascension back to greatness. He meets the others at the appointed time greeting them each in turn, friendly though rather stiff.

"I doubt it was of his own voalition Lanfear," Khaldrun says handing his invitation over to the eunuch with a slight nod to the man.

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Knowledge check 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Torsk hands over his invitation, though without saying a word.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Before the auction starts, you can do one of a few things: you can mingle, perceive the competition, or you can appraise the different items

Grand Lodge

Male human Bard 3 / fighter 3

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

After the meeting:

Alistair spends some time at dinner with Kirsteen sharing a bit of their knowledge of the city. at times Alistair barely gives her a chance to speak but she soon puts him back in his place.

during the coversation Alistair eventually brings up the auction.
whatever happens I would recommend that I not be called Captain I don't think that some people will take kindly to a milita officer being present at one of these things.

most everything in the character background is talked about. also deducting 2 gold for the meals. also the thought about needing the healing; I had to luagh becuase that is the same thought I had.

to Kristeen:

you will most likely notice that despite his rugged apperance and demeanor Alistair is wearing a small silver neclace that is obviously feminine he tris to hide it but not aways to well

At the auction

Alistair makes a quick perusal of the stalls always on the lookout for firearms and or ammo. not finding much of anything except the occasional worthless trinket he makes his way to the auction house.
perception check at the market area (just in case): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Once at the auction house he hands over the invitation not thinking anything of the man collecting them. Alistair make a quick scan for any familiar faces then goes to see the wares up for auction, Hoping that with a little luck something would stand out.

Not sure if Kristeen wanted to accompany Alistair about the market

Archaeologist's Luck
perception in the auction house: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 = 17
Appraise of the items 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Torsk isn't gonna even try to appraise the items or mingle considering he has negatives in both those areas lol. I will perceive the competition instead.

Perception check of those around me 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Sense motive check of those around me 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

HP: 9, AC/FF/TCH: 12/10/12, Perception +0, Initiative +2 Half-Orc Magus (Kensai) 1

Torsk will look over the different tables and whatnot to see whats there but doesn't know the first thing about appraising anything adn will leave that to the 'professionals'.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior) 4/Alchemist (Internal Alchemist)2: AC 25, FF 22, touch 14; HP 54/54; Init +3; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +9

Time to locate the Aspis Consortium spies. May have to capture and torture one of them for more information about my father's research.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

51 to 100 of 1,175 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sothis.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.