Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Edwin's River Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Insnare

Bloodcove gets a new batch of heroes, what will happen next??????


401 to 450 of 1,365 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mem'basi's spear missed and you find a half chewed piece of ivory.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

"Done yet, Oh Savior of Snakes?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

My take on this is that noone will help you

Snake attack Mem'basi 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 misses.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Seeing the snake attack Poulain's smirk disappears. He takes out Tout Meurt and shoots at the snake that attacked Mem'basi. attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
hopeful damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Having moved to assist Mem'basi with the snake (helpfully holding open the sack...), Angelo looks at the freshly-kebab'd reptile with a small moue of disappointment. "Not quite as robust as their parents, eh? Mem'basi, I am sorry they weren't more cooperative."

Looking around at the others, "Let's keep this in mind as an object lesson when we deal with the gorillians, vero? Mem'basi is helping us keep in mind our best intentions, but part of the lesson is that putting those into practice isn't easy, or neat." Casting a penetrating look at Poulain, "And just because those efforts don't work out, doesn't make them wasteful or foolish."

@Poulain - if this is an exercise designed to cause Angelo to engage Mem'basi on a peer level, and come to his defense, it's working out very well :) Shame on you for causing internal cognitive dissonance resolution mechanisms to conflict with background cultural biases.


"Right. What Angelo said! Now hold that bag open; I'm still going to get the little one.

Mem’basi non-lethal damage with spear
non-lethal spear to hit: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3
non-lethal, spear damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshi stayed outside of the den, keeping an eye on the surroundings.


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus also remains away from the group engaging the snakes.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mem'basi drops his spear onto the ground.


It's hard to tell if you're waiting on Mem'basi to do something; please be explicit with who you are waiting on. I will post just in case.

"Damn. Try to do something nice and this is what I get."
The druid pulled his dagger, reversed the grip and hit to knock out the small cobra.

Mem’basi non-lethal attack with dagger
non-lethal dagger to hit: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 = 15
non-lethal dagger damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If the cobra is knocked out, I will get Angelo to bring his bag over so we can place it inside


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

"One bag of snake. Tied. Hung from a tree for the morning. Maybe one day there will be a new Emperor Cobra."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Sorry, got tied up with work Poulain's shot misses.

Snake attack Mem'basi 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 misses.

Mem'basi hits the snake but it is still hissing angrily.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

"Gah! and I thought he was bagged. Definitely the material for a new Emperor. Thump him one more time."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I would think bagging a snake would be a grapple, do it Angelo!!!! :)


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Mama Carvesan taught me you put snake in bag AFTER you thump it with the big stick. When you're impatient and start wrestling the snake BEFORE it stops moving, then you get bit (again). The hissy sound - that means is not ready for the bag yet. Some things Mama Carvesan taught I actually listened to.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mama Carvesan probably said something about shaking a hornet's nest too... lol


"Hold on Angelo. This one is a survivor. And to think Poulain wanted to kill it."

Mem’basi non-lethal attack with dagger
non-lethal dagger to hit: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 = 14
non-lethal dagger damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"There now, that out to do it. Hold the bag steady...


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You push the unconscious snake into a sack to keep for a pet?

Congrats 240 xp

Ill move it forward in about an hour


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

"So, are we staying here now?" asked the half-elven magus.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I can retconn the where later

Your weary group finds a nice location to set up camp for the night, every one of you are heavily anticipating the final push to the girallion lair the next day.

Tell me if you will post sentries or not. Feel free to rp.


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

"I will take first watch," declared Yoshiyaru, sure that he won't be able to sleep until he has had a few hours to become accustomed to the local sounds.

He took up a good position to keep an eye on the camp and it's surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Finally trying to get some rest, the druid saw that some of his companions were hurt.

"We need to be at our best tomorrow so I can try and provide some healing to whoever needs it. Is anyone hurt?"

anyone?

later

"Zimba and I will take the last watch; I'm an early riser anyways."


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshiyaru looked at the dark-skinned man.

After a moment he replied, "Thank you for the offer, Mem'basi-san, but I will be fine."

With that, the half-elf summoned some of his remaining arcane energy and then cast a spell on himself.

Yoshi uses a point from his Arcane Pool to use Spell Recall. He recalls and then cast infernal healing on himself to insure that he's in top shape.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

"I could certainly use it, old friend. Sorry about the snakes."


"This is all the magic I have left for today."

cure light wounds on Poulain: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"But I can also tend to your remaining wounds.

Heal (long term care, DC 15) on Poulain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"In fact, my cat needs some. Zimba, come here."

Heal (long term care, DC 15) on Zimba: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"And myself."
Heal (long term care, DC 15) on Mem'basi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

I've changed my 1st level spell list for tomorrow. It seems we need a lot more healing than anticipated.

for tomorrow morning
Mem’basi status: Male human (zenj), Druid 4, AC 18/16/13, HP 35 of 39, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +6, Init +6, Percep +9; Special: n/a
Zimba status: leopard, AC 20/14/16, HP 30 of 30, Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2 Init +5, Percep. +5; Special: n/a


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

"Thank you Mem'basi, but a good night's rest should see me mostly whole. Poulain, shall we split second and third watch? I'll start some snake fritters now. If I'm to take second watch, I should probably sleep through breakfast preparation, so I'll do some cook and clean this evening instead."

time passes, dinner eaten... <yummm, tastes like chicken>
survival(camp cooking), take 20: 20 + 1 = 21

Angelo busies himself through the evening with camp chores, grabs a brief nap through first watch, then rises to take a turn at watch.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1

woot! gotta love that attentive awareness thing! zzz...z...


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

"I will take whatever shift is left."

Corvus busies herself around the camp, checking for things to do in order to keep herself busy.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

GM Rolls

Spoiler:
1d100 ⇒ 77

You wake up refreshed after a long night's sleep, you gather your gear and you take off with Poulain walking point. The jungle is dense but the ground is hard packed which is common in the Kaava Lands. After about two hours you come across a well used trail.


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshi stayed alert for danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Ow! My eye! My eye! O_x

Move along. Nothing to see here. :P


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Perception rolls:

Angelo1d20 ⇒ 3
Corvus1d20 ⇒ 18
Mem'basi1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Poulain 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Girallon Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Everyone except Angelo(maybe Poulain) sees a girallon stalking a gemsbock in the distance.


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Just reminding everyone of Poulain's Terrain Bond that means, When in his favored terrain, the warden grants all allies within line of sight and that can hear him a +2 bonus on initiative checks and Perception, Stealth, and Survival skill checks


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

"Why is it you all have suddenly stopped moving?"

@Corvus: thanks for the reminder - makes my 3 a 5 :)


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Wordlessly, Yoshiyaru pointed at the four-armed ape in the act of hunting.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Quietly, to the group, Angelo suggests, "Perhaps we can be ready to take down his prey if he misses? Assuming, of course, there isn't s beater line ahead of that buck." Angelo quietly and carefully prepares his bow and nocks an arrow. He prepares to take a long-range pot-shot at the buck.
wind... range... probably break toward the trees...


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Poulain screws up his face and looks at Carvesan in annoyed bewilderment. "Yes, help the Gorillon monster. Wonderful idea." He then mutters to himself in Galt while knocking his bow.


Mem'basi grunted at the size of that thing.

"Wait, Poulain, where are we? Are we close to the 'settlement' we were supposed to have gone to?"

He turned to the others, "We are not going to kill everything we find in the jungle for no real reason, are we? Because if that's how it will be, we won't last long here. Living here has taught me that sometimes things just... aren't your business and this... seems to be one of them."


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshiyaru turned to Poulain to see what his response to Mem'basi's question was.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

"My thought was to do nothing if that garillian is successful. If he does not succeed in taking down his prey, I thought we might take it down for him as a way to engender some good will. Little improves disposition of man or beast better than the prospect of a good meal."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Ill push it forward

You continue to follow the trail, luckily the girrallon was pureoccupied with catching lunch. Eventually you come to a clearing in the middle is a large statue of a Girallion behind it to the right is a cave and to left is a dock next to the river. you can see three boats there with corpses stack in a pile to the front. You can see two girallions at the mouth of the cave.


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshiyaru halted and looked to Mem'basi.

"Mem'basi-san, how do you wish to proceed?"


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
attack: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
After silently letting an arrow fly, Poulain without turning says, "Corpses. Statue. Enough for me."


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Angelo looks aghast at Poulain. He quickly redirects his gaze to follow the reaction of the apes, freezing any motion of his body so as not to present a moving signpost to attract simian eyes.


Can we get some sort of positioning, distances, etc.? A map would be great...


Shot Putter Funkmeister

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxdGbXsUC5v2akJpWm9FZkhzTFk

You all get a surprise round attack


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus appears confused. Like the others she sees the ape and was wondering what to do when Poulain lets off an arrow. Corvus shows no signs of attacking the creature at this stage and is looking bewildered at the ranger's action.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I know in real time it has been awhile since you got your mission, but in game time it was two days ago... you are supposed to end the girallion threat causing the bottleneck in shipping.


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

A paladin like Corvus would not attack first and ask questions later and so would not act aggresively in a surprise round.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Cool, I was just concerned that the goal of the mission was forgotten.

Poulain's attack hits.


Mem'basi yelled at Poulain, "You better hope your instincts are right because now we are in for a fight."

With that, the druid's body melds and morphs into a leopard, similar to Zimba but larger in size.

wild shape


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

"Oni's breath!" exclaimed Yoshi, who then cast a spell

Yoshi cast shield, boosting his AC for 4 minutes. Noted in parenthesis.

401 to 450 of 1,365 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM EDWIN's RIVER QUEEN: Bloodcove's entrance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.