Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Edwin's River Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Insnare

Bloodcove gets a new batch of heroes, what will happen next??????


251 to 300 of 1,365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Shot Putter Funkmeister

Survival check of 33, they would have to mimic you exactly but of course, the branch you moved aside with your walking stick may have touched someone else... :) The +2s aren't enough to help get through. The DC is 18. If you can use your fire on the swarms without hurting yourself cool but if you use it to help another there is a danger that you would burn them.

@Yoshi, give me an attack roll, please.


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshi summoned arcane energy, causing his hand to be enveloped in flame. He then swept his hand at the swarm, taking care not to strike himself.

Melee Touch Attack w/ Pool Strike-Fire: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 Fire

Wow. Not sure that 12 will even hit a swarm's touch AC!


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Yoshi attacks the ant swarm with flame but as he tries to touch the ants with his flame the vast majority(1000s) step to the side as if in mass exodus.

My take on the situation is that you guys attempted to follow Mem'basi around but were unsuccessful and Poulain is waiting but you can't see him, but if you chose to follow him through it is fine with me, nothing really changed.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Angelo casts sanctuary on Corvus, then follows Mem'basi, much more quickly, but less cautiously, than previously. "Volontà! let's leave them to their peace." As he moves, Angelo brushes hordes of ants from his limbs and torso.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Angelo can you give me an unarmed strike on the ants please. Attack roll. You need to remove them before your spell is up.


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus looks confused as to what to do next. She finally follows Angelo, matching his pace and ignoring the ants on her body.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1


Just to be clear, Angelo is trying to gently brush them off - removing them rather than striking them to kill them. Wouldn't want to violate the terms of the sanctuary...
unarmed attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshi, still holding the flaming charge, attacked the ants again.

Melee Touch Attack w/ Pool Strike-Fire: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7 Fire

Ack!

EDIT: Yoshiyaru was attempting to follow Mem'basi around the bushes when the ants attacked. He was trying to get rid of the ants on him and then follow Poulain.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Angelo because you have the sanctuary spell on I would say that 13 would count as flat footed so its a hit can you give me damage please which would include sneak attack because you are a rogue.

Poulain is waiting for you behind the acacia grove. Everyone else is with Mem'basi.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Round 1 hopefully this will dispel the confusion

Angelo cast sanctuary on himself.
Yoshiyaru tried to burn the ants but failed.
Corvus: I need an action from you
Membasi You can help them as well
Poulain you can help as of round 2


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus is genuinely unsure what to do and it will be obvious to those around her. She seems unwilling to fight the ants or at the very least unsure how to fight them. For now, she is doing her best to avoid them.


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Realising that she can't avoid them, she throws frantic looks of exasperation at her colleagues, whilst she wriggles, clearly in a combination of pain and discomfort.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Poulain whittles a stick in his spare time.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (2) = 6


Mem'basi slowed down and waited for the others to follow him. Seeing that they are still lagging behind and with ants on them, he carefully walked back and aided the nearest person.

"Wait, turn around. The druid then proceeded to wipe off the ants from their back.

if needed, I'll post an unarmed attack and damage, DM needs to figure out who that is
unarmed to hit1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
unarmed damage1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Corvus itching is confused what to do so does nothing, Membasi attacks the insects on Yoshiyaru and hits.

Round 2

Ants attack Corvus 1d6 ⇒ 3
Ants attack Yoshiyaru 1d6 ⇒ 3
Angelo casts sanctuary on Corvus
Yoshiyaru tries to burn the ants again but fails
Corvus continues to be confused
Membasi and Poulain are up


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

"Zey are only ants," Poulain says unhelpfully.


Mem'basi continues to wipe off the ants on Yoshi.

unarmed to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
unarmed damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mem'basi is successful in removing the ants from Yoshiyaru.

Round 3

Angelo attempts to remove the ants from his body and is able to get rid of the majority but there are still about a third left.


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

In her frustration, Corvus strides forcefully to Poulain.

Corvus' focus is on getting as close to Poulain this round as possible.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

"Bonjour, Mademoiselle Albus."


GMEDWIN wrote:

Mem'basi is successful in removing the ants from Yoshiyaru.

Round 3

Angelo attempts to remove the ants from his body and is able to get rid of the majority but there are still about a third left.

The druid quickly sent Yoshi to Poualin, "Go. Watch where you step!"

He turned to Angelo, "This way. Now turn around."

Mem'basi tried to wipe off the ants on Angelo.

unarmed to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
unarmed damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mem'basi is able to remove all of the ants from Angelo. Won't anybody help corvus?


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

"Thank you Mem'basi," Yoshiyaru said, allowing the fiery charge to drain from his hand.

He went to Corvus (who was heading toward Poulain as well).

"Corvus-san, it was not as difficult to brush the ants away as I had thought. May I help you?"

If she agrees, Yoshi will attempt to brush off the ants.

unarmed to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
unarmed damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

EDIT: Dang it! Man, Yoshi's just NOT having a good time w/ these things!


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

The fact that the ants will no doubt be under Corvus' armour won't help - and she won't remove it to help!


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Let me get this straight,Corvus want to brush up on Poulain with the hope of getting him attacked because she is currently being protected by the sanctuary spell....


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus just wants to get close to him to see what he will do as he professes to be the outdoor expert


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

"Tssk. Mademoiselle, it would seem you still 'ave an insect problem. Why did you not follow me? I showed ze way."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Round 4

This is the last round before the ants are able to attack Corvus again.


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshi followed the route that Poulain had shown them.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

"My thanks Mem'basi. I think I've understood this now." Turning to Corvus, Angelo says, "Signora, if you'll pardon my familiarity.. and perhaps you can follow suit." and Angelo proceeds to remove accessible ants from Corvus.
unarmed attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2) = 4
Angelo's efforts, though sincere, are highly ineffective because he's being self-consciously decorous.


"Wait, I think you have more ants on you."

Mem'basi tried to wipe off the ants on Corvus.

unarmed to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
unarmed damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Just call Mem'basi the ant exterminator :)


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mem'basi knocks off a decent amount of the ants however they are still plaguing Corvus.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

"Talky, why don't you just ...talk zem off air?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Round 5
The sanctuary spell that Angelo cast on Corvus wears off and the ants are now re-aware of Corvus and attack 1d6 ⇒ 2

Fortitude Save for Corvus.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
She passes.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

"It appears Pharasma would rather I heal your hurts than remove these ants. Favore, allow me."

Angelo casts heal light wounds on Corvus: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"And Poulain, perhaps you could translate for me? I appear to have mislaid my 'ant' dictionary. But you seem to be popular enough with them for all of us." and Angelo quirks a grin at Poulain.

"Quite a challenge to keep this one from alienating everyone in earshot."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The ants wary of Angelo's hand clear enough room to get cast a heal light wounds spell.


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus remains static. The look on her face is becoming increasingly apparent to all around as a combination of frustration and annoyance.


"Don't just stand there! Get the ants off of you! Like this."
The druid then proceeded to show Corvus how to do it.

unarmed to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
unarmed damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mem'basi The Antslayer swats the remaining ants off of Corvus and combat over. I'll let you RP a bit before I move this forward. You all get 280 xp


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

"Finally," said Yoshiyaru from where he stood next to Poulain.

"Let us be off before we are attacked by more."


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus walks beside Polain as they continue to walk. "So, that's why we brought you along? Your years of experience allowed you to walk to a safe spot and watch everyone. Despite your behaviour, my code says I still have your back. For your sake, it's best you keep part of this groUp, because the minute you don't..." She let's her words hang and continues to walk alongside Poulain, keeping her counsel.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

"I showed ze way. You made ze tiniest mistake and suffered ze tiniest of rebukes. I told you, zis jungle will kill you. If you cannot outrun ants ...I cannot be blamed. And, please, miss, do not 'ave my back. You must watch your own in the expanse. "


Mem'basi was pissed and it showed. "Poulain, you are not here by yourself so it would be better that you help out in all your capabilities. While I agree with you that the jungle is dangerous, it does get easier if everyone helps out and looks out for one another. I'm sure madame here has her abilities and you wouldn't want her to just watch you struggle with danger."

He waited for a second to calm down, "What I'm trying to say is that you are NOT here by yourself so looking out for just yourself is not going to work this time. You are either part of the group and act like it or you are a loner and loners... well they just go off on their own."

He visibly breathed out all the adrenaline from the encounter, "Now, I don't want you to leave. I have seen you work and respect your skills but can we all cooperate?"

TAG Poulain


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Poulain grunts, frustrated. "Believe it or not, I 'ave no interest in any of you dying ...I am 'ere to prevent zat. 'owever, you all showed CLUMSY FOOLISHNESS. We 'ave an objective. In ze jungle, that is only a place, not a time. 'Ere, you travel only as fast as ze jungle permits. You see one tree, 'ear of the danger, and push right through. If you did not pounce, I could 'ave brought each of you safely. It would take well into ze night, but eet would 'appen. Ze next dangair we encounter, do NOTHING wizzout my instruction unless told to improvise. Do this and you all will live."


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshiyaru's eyes narrowed at Poulain's pointed remarks, but took a calming breath before speaking.

"Very well Poulain-san. I acknowledge your expertise, and shall follow your instructions."


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Poulain nods.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Angelo observes discussion, but withholds comment.

"Nana always told me, 'if you've nothing good to say, say nothing.' What Poulain needs to hear he won't listen to in this context. He doesn't realize he's asking for trust, but trying to extort it. And, at least for my part, during a crisis I can't trust him - he might be making a point again.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Continue the banter, I will push it forward.

You continue hacking your way through the dense jungle where the triple canopy gives you a respite from the sun. The ground is drier than you had expected and the going at least is not plagues by sloshy ground which would hamper your progress even further.

You travel for another three hours and stop for lunch, you take deep swigs from your waterskins and eat whatever trail rations you brought with you.

After lunch you pack away your gear and continue into the rainforest keeping a moderate pace.

GM Rolls

Spoiler:

1d100 ⇒ 21
1d100 ⇒ 39

Emperor Cobra Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Perception
Yoshiraru 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Angelo 1d20 ⇒ 11
Mem'basi 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Corvus 1d20 ⇒ 15
Poulain 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Surprise Round
Poulain
Emperor Cobra

Poulain is able to see the Emperor Cobra slithering in the tree next to him preparing to strike.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

"Snake. Tree. Poison." Poulain takes a shot. attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

251 to 300 of 1,365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM EDWIN's RIVER QUEEN: Bloodcove's entrance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.