Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Edwin's River Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Insnare

Bloodcove gets a new batch of heroes, what will happen next??????


551 to 600 of 1,365 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Shot Putter Funkmeister

Yoshi's slice grazes the charau-ka.

Angelo is still unable to break himself free from his ropes.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Corvus and Poulain, Mem'basi


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Poulain grunts and fires again at the druid. attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Im going to take it that Corvus will delay again not wanting to take an AoO. Poulain missfires his bow and it falls on the ground.


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Thanks - that's exactly right


No map or other help so it's really hard to know who is 'available' to be attacked. We also don't know distances so Zimba could charge/pounce. So, here are the attack/damage rolls for a simple attack. I guess you need to figure out who's attacking who, if there's flanking, charging, etc. involved.

Mem’basi power attack with spear
power attack, spear to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
power attack, spear damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Zimba full attack
bite to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 1 to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
claw 1 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 2 to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
claw 2 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Charau-ka 7 was easily able to side step Mem'basi's power attack but Zimba is able to bring him down with a bite to the back of the neck.

Charau-ka 1 moves to flank Poulain with his club1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 misses

Charau-ka 2 enters scurried frenzy and full attacks Zimba 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23 damage 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 and 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 and the bite misses.

Charau-ka 3 enters scurried frenzy and full attacks Yoshi 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 misses, bite 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 bites his tongue.

Charau-ka 4 full attacks Poulain, flanking 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 18 hit damage 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 and bite 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10 miss

Charau-ka 6 enters scurried frenzy attacks zimba 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
bite 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Since Charau-ka 1 is now in melee, Corvus can perform an action before round 4 starts


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus makes an awkward effort to stand and then disentangle herself from the net.

1d20 ⇒ 18


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Angelo, becoming seriously concerned about Mem'basi and Zimba, struggles all the harder with his bonds.
and regrets the time and training taken in disable device at the expense of escape artist...

Round 4
Status: HP 23/23 (poisoned, -1 Str; tied) | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +1 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +2 | Per +0
Full Round: Escape Artist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Corvus is able to disentangle herself from the net but her feet are still bound.

Round 4

The druid casts Shillelagh on her club with a flourish of hands...

Yoshi, Angelo, Corvus, Poulain, Mem'basi, Charau-ka


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Corvus cuts her bonds with her sword.

1d20 ⇒ 3


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshiyaru pressed his attack against the creature, intent on ending it's life quickly.

Attack Charau-Ka #3 (2H) w/ Falcata: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Extra Damage for Critical: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (5, 1) + 16 = 22

Yes! Total of damage = 36!

The half-elf dealt a serious hit to the Charau-Ka.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Yoshi's falcatta severs the charau-ka's head sending it across the room hitting a rock and exploding, oozing brain matter in a puddle thereunder.

Angelo wiggle and wriggles but his net seems to be getting tighter not looser.

Corvus (I figure you take a full round action and saw the ropes off, not hacking which could cause you injury) she saws them off and the ropes fall to the ground.

Poulain, Mem'basi, Charau-ka


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Poulain shoots again at the druid (if the druid is down, another monkeydude). attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Mem’basi power attack with spear
power attack, spear to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
power attack, spear damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Zimba full attack
bite to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
claw 1 to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
claw 1 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 2 to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
claw 2 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Shot Putter Funkmeister

@Poulain, I hate to be a stickler but you rolled a 1 on the last attack and dropped your bow which means, unless you have a second bow, you need another action, what do you do?


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Ooops! Totally forgot, sorry. He'll just pick it back up then.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You do realize that would provoke an AoO from the two enemies flanking you.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

He's not worried.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Round 4
Status: HP 23/23 (poisoned, -1 Str; tied) | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +1 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +2 | Per +0
Full Round: Escape Artist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Shot Putter Funkmeister

AoO. from CK 1, flanking 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 misses.
from CK 4, flanking 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10 misses.

Poulain is able to pick up his bow only suffering a cool breeze as the two charau-kas swing their bats and miss.

Zimba in an ironic roll reversal with his master blinks his eyes in such a way as if to say "to me" and the druid moves to attack Charau-ka 2 where he power attacks with his spear leaving a large gash in his side and then Zimba bites the Charau-ka in the torso, leaving a meaty after taste in his mouth, making him crave more. you forgot to confirm your crit, but it was irrelevant

Charau-ka 1 enters frenzy, and full attacks Poulain, flanking 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 15 misses, bite 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 misses.

Charau-ka 4 full attacks, flanking Poulain 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 23 damage 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 and bite 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21 damage 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
Poulain first gets cracked by the CK's club and then gets bitten.

Charau-ka 6 full attacks Zimba 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15 misses, bite 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 misses.

Zimba is able to side step the attacks of the Charau-ka.

Round 5

Charau-ka druid seeing that the tables have turned, she casts stone call and does 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 to everyone in the cave except her and the terrain is now difficult and she flees out of the mouth of the cave.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

"Che menata! What a time to escape questa dannata rete infernale!" Angelo continues to inveigh against the injustice of being hogtied as he flails and struggles out of the remainder of his bonds.

Round 5
Status: HP 15/23 (poisoned, -1 Str; entangled) | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +1 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +2 | Per +0
Full Round: struggling free of net, checking up on Mem'basi


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Wounded, Yoshi stepped away from the monkey-like beings and drank a potion.

Potion of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He healed from the damage of the druid's spell, but was still injured.

"We must finish these first, Angelo-san!" indicating the Charau-ka still attacking them.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Yoshi chugs a potion and Angelo is able to get himself free of the net and rope by wiggling his left arm free and slipping it over the top of his head while untying the rope at his feet.

Corvus, Poulain, Mem'basi, Charau-ka


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Poulain steps apart from his assailants. With a spit, partially directed at his own performance, he shoots, this time at the little fellow with the audacity to harm him. attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Not sure who is where so Corvus will use her longbow on the most obvious target
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d8 ⇒ 7


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Corvus fires an arrow into the back of the Charau-ka 1 fighting Poulain, making a thud.

Poulain steps back and fires his arrow at charau-ka 4 putting an arrow into his side.

Mem'basi Charau-ka


Remember we are trying to flank whenever possible; I would also like for Zimba to charge/pounce since that would give the leopard 2 more attacks. In any case, I'm not sure whether that is possible but I'm rolling with it... Please adjust when possible.

Mem’basi power attack with spear
power attack, spear to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
power attack, spear damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Zimba full attack
bite to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 1 to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
claw 1 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 2 to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
claw 2 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Shot Putter Funkmeister

In this case, Zimba is in melee combat with charau-ka 6, Mem'basi can move to flank. This round you just had some bad rolls it happens to all of us sometimes.

The combination of Mem'basi and Zimba was easily avoided by the charau-ka as he dances to the left and to the right blocking the spear with his club.

Charau-ka 1 full attacks Poulain, flanking 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 19 hit, 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 and bite 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7 misses. Poulain gets cracked by the monkeyman's club .

Charau-ka 4 full attacks Poulain, flanking 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10 misses, bite 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 = 16 misses.

Charau-ka 6 full attacks Zimba 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14 misses, bite 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 damage 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Poulain gets cracked by the monkeyman's club but is able to avoid the attacks of his bite plus the attacks of his colleague. Zimba is able to sidestep the club but then gets bitten by the monkeyman in front of him.

Round 6 Yoshi, Angelo, Corvus, Poulain, Mem'basi, Charau-ka


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Round 5
Status: HP 15/23 (poisoned, -1 Str; entangled) | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +1 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +2 | Per +0
Move: draw dagger
Standard: throw dagger at Charau-ka (with surprise) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshi moved to engage the Charau-Ka attacking Poulain.

"Kiai!" he cried as he swung the heavy curved bladed at his opponent with all his might.

Attack Charau-Ka #1 (2H) w/ Falcata: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Yoshi's falcatta cuts the monkeyman almost into two.

Angelo's sweaty palm messes up his aim just enough to make him misthrow causing the dagger to sail helplessly into the wall.

Corvus Poulain, Mem'basi, Charau-ka...


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Again, in the absence of a clear understanding of who is exactly aware.

Buoyed by her success, Corvus immediately nocks another arrow and let's fly.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 ⇒ 2


Shot Putter Funkmeister

For the enemy, they still think you are tied up. You can attack the other enemy attacking Poulain which would require a move or you can attack the enemy fighting Zimba and Mem'basi, which is a bit more of a difficult target, which would also require a move. And your movement rate is halved due to the difficult terrain.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

To speed things up I will randomly choose for Corvus 1=Zimba, 2= Poulain 1d2 ⇒ 2

Corvus steps to get a shot picture at the Charau-ka still up attacking Poulain and looses her arrow and strikes him in the arm.

Poulain Membasi, Charau-ka.


Fort:+6 Refl:+5 Will:+4 Init: +4 (+9 in/on water, +7 jungle) M Human (Galt) HP 37/44, BAB +4, AC 18 (16 flat, 13 touch) Ranger/Warden 5

Another arrow let loose to his foeman. attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
crit confirmation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
crit damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
crit damage part deux: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Poulain's arrow decimates his attacker goes completely through him and the arrow sticks into the shale wall across the room.

Mem'basi, Charau-ka.


GMEDWIN wrote:

Poulain's arrow decimates his attacker goes completely through him and the arrow sticks into the shale wall across the room.

Mem'basi, Charau-ka.

Please give us a little update. Who is left and how hurt are they and how long ago did the druid take of?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

hmmm, there were three charau-ka at the beginning of round 6, Yoshi killed one and Poulain just killed the other... so that leaves one which is in Melee combat with both of your characters. This charauka has taken 8 points of falling rock damage as did everyone in the cave minus the druid who took off at the beginning of round 5...


Well I just added up the numbers and Zimba is actually dying when the falling rock occurred. I took the damage done to him after this and added it to Mem'basi to be 'fair'. Here's the update for my PCs

Mem’basi status: Male human (zenj), Druid 4, AC 18/16/13, HP 23 of 39, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +6, Init +6, Percep +9; Special:
Zimba status: leopard, AC 20/14/16, HP -8 of 30, Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2 Init +5, Percep. +5; Special: dying

Mem'basi thought about breaking off melee and chasing the fleeing charau-ka but the sight of Zimba on the ground bleeding stayed his course. With new found strength, the druid redoubled his efforts to kill the last standing enemy quickly so he could aid his life-long companion.

Mem’basi power attack with spear
power attack, spear to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
power attack, spear damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Mem'basi's powerstroke impaled the charau-ka, forcing Mem'basi to have to kick his limp body off his spear.

Combat Over, you each get 1000xp


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

After Mem'basi slew the last opponent, Yoshi said, "While I would like to pursue their leader, I think it wise for us to tend to our wounds."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

From the direction of the alcove you can faintly hear some muffled shouts.

Perception DC 12

Spoiler:
Help! Down here! Help, set us free!


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"What? I hear people calling for help," Yoshi said.

He pointed at the alcove. "That way."

The half-elf moved to the alcove to see if there was a passage beyond.

2nd Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


HP 31 of 31 - AC 19. - Init +3 - Fort +6 - Reflex +4 - Will +4 - BAB +4

Stowing her bow, Corvus drew her scimitar and moved towards the alcove and prepared to follow Yoshiyaru.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

As you get closer, you hear the yelling come into focus and from the ground in the alcove. In the alcove you see a bunch of brush, where the sound is coming from.

Down here! Clear the brush away and free us, PLEASE!!!!!!


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshi sheathed his falcata and began clearing the brush.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

After clearing the brush you see a wooden grate, lashed together with dried out vines and locked shut with a primitive lock and about 20 feet below you see a group of seven, bound. You see four humans, a half-orc, a female elf and an indigenous looking halfling.

I figure Mem'basi and Angelo would be healing Zimba.

Just break or pick that lock and throw us a rope, I just wiggled free of my restraints calls one of the humans from inside the pit.


Male Half-elf Magus 4; AC 17, flat-footed 15, touch 12; HP 31/31; Init +2; Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7; Perception +10

Yoshi redrew his weapon and struck the lock with the pommel.

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Unfortunately, not even his magically enhanced strength allowed that first, awkward strike to have any effect.


male (HP 27/27 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +2 | Per +0) Human (Sarvagan) Bone Oracle 4/Sanctified Rogue 1

Having saved a first-level spell, Angelo moves to Zimba and asks Pharasma's grace to leave the leopard with us some while longer.

casts Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 (0 1st level spells remaining)
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 (for any additional stabilization/wound binding/etc.)

"It appears that we may all need some recovery before fully ready for further heavy exertion. I sincerely hope their leader went off to lick his wounds, and not to summon the reserves." Looking at Mem'basi, "I am sorry, but I can not do more for now."

'Argh. Survivors will complicate a clean claim on those river boats.'

"Argh! the boats! Poulain, Corvus, please to see that the boats are still afloat!"

551 to 600 of 1,365 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM EDWIN's RIVER QUEEN: Bloodcove's entrance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.