Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Edwin's Gamma Far-Go campaign

Game Master Insnare

Far-Go is dying...the people are afraid...the animals are wasting away...the crops are withering in the fields. No one, not even the
powerful high priest, Arx Skystone, knows what has caused Far-Go's misfortune.
You are part of a group of young adventurers about to embark on the mysterious and perilous Rite of Adulthood. As you travel
through the savage wilderness, all you have to guide you are your wits...your strength...and your dreams!!

FAR-GO

Warrens

Chickens Exterior

Chicken Interior


751 to 800 of 806 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

Not seeing anything that looks like grass, Ba-a-a-arnabas ignores the food.

"Ready?"

Once everyone is in position, Ba-a-a-arnabas will use the same card as he used last time to open the door.


Male Pure Strain Human Thac0 melee +1, Thac0 ranged +3 HP 58 Health 12, Perception 12, Stealth +3 Speed Base 13 Scout

Adney once more readies his crossbows as the door opens.


Male Mutant Animal THAC0 Melee +6, THAC0 Ranged +6, AC 16, HP 89, Health 16, Speed 35, Damage Claw 1d6+6, 1d6+6; bite 1d6+6 Enforcer

Deyemi moves and listens intently ready to poynce on another chicken!


Female Gren Scout 1 | 48/56 hp | AC 11 | MHAC 10 | Health 13 | Perception +2 | Stealth +2 | Remain Unseen +4
Skills:
Read/Write 25%, Swim 100%, Ride 50%, Detect Ambush/Trap +4, Hunting +4, Navigate +4, Tracking +4

Seeing others eat the goods, Kalina will take a bite as well.

When the party is ready to move on, she hefts her spear and gets ready.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

GM Rolls [spoiler] 1d20 ⇒ 3

You open the door with your card and inside you see what you presume to chambers for sleeping for four individuals. The have a strange foldy thing that you thick might be paper but it turns out to be some sort of ancient resin. Inside the chambers are a bed and a couple machines of the ancients and some sort of chamber with a metal pipe with holes in it.


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

Ba-a-a-arnabas will go over and examine the machines.

use artifact: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Pure Strain Human Thac0 melee +1, Thac0 ranged +3 HP 58 Health 12, Perception 12, Stealth +3 Speed Base 13 Scout

Adney will cover the room and look for other ways to go as well.


Sparky

Maeve stands watch at the door, keeping an eye on one corridor, she motions for someone else to watch the other direction. [b]Anything of value in there?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Barny presses some buttons and then the bed hatch slides open and there is a yellow light and sounds of rain and light crashing eminating from the yellow light. It does feel soothing. You see there are three more cabins like this.


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

Ba-a-a-arnabas blinks. "A cha-a-a-amber that makes you think i-i-it is raining? Perha-a-a-aps the ancients needed solace whe-e-en the weather wa-as dry?"

Ba-a-a-arnabas goes and tries the other chambers to see if they do the same thing.


Female Gren Scout 1 | 48/56 hp | AC 11 | MHAC 10 | Health 13 | Perception +2 | Stealth +2 | Remain Unseen +4
Skills:
Read/Write 25%, Swim 100%, Ride 50%, Detect Ambush/Trap +4, Hunting +4, Navigate +4, Tracking +4

Kalina watches with wide eyes, certain that this magic cannot be good.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You are able to discern that they do the same thing but sometimes the noises are different something like waves crashing and the like.


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

"Thi-i-is seems to be so-o-o-ome kind of strange rela-a-a-a-axation chamber. I don't thi-i-i-ink there's anything we ne-e-e-e-ed. Let's head ba-a-a-ack and find more chi-i-i-ickens."

I suggest we head back down the hall and head towards BB.


Male Pure Strain Human Thac0 melee +1, Thac0 ranged +3 HP 58 Health 12, Perception 12, Stealth +3 Speed Base 13 Scout

Adney looks at the map and then scratches his chin a bit and says head back thus way? pointing to BB


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You make your way out of the resting chamber and back into the cafeteria and back the way you came making your way to area BB. You make your way to the fork in the tunnel and it starts to go deeper and deeper underground. You get to the door and there are three card readers with the colors green, red and blue on them.

People who can read

Spoiler:
On the double doors is stenciled "Atomic Reactor Restricted Access


Sparky

Would we know the word atomic? Hopefully there's the universal danger symbol on the door?


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46
Maeve Dawnbringer wrote:
Would we know the word atomic? Hopefully there's the universal danger symbol on the door?

Is there a roll equivalent to a knowledge check for that?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Give me a MS check DC 15 to know that the word atomic is how we understand it.

DC20

Spoiler:
Is for those who are Mutant animals or mutant humans or even Grens who know that this power may increase or add new abilities.


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46
GMEDWIN wrote:
Give me a MS check DC 15 to know that the word atomic is how we understand it.

Not IN? Isn't MS like willpower?

MS: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 (+4 if it should have been IN)


Shot Putter Funkmeister

MS is like willpower and wisdom rolled up into one but sure IN would also be ok. You beat the DC 20


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

"Friends, thi-i-i-is area is pro-o-obably radioactive. Tha-a-a-a-at's a kind of invisible... po-o-i-ison. But us ne-e-e-ew races..." he looks at Adney... "Me-e-eaning not you, Adney... may gain additional powers from it."


Female Gren Scout 1 | 48/56 hp | AC 11 | MHAC 10 | Health 13 | Perception +2 | Stealth +2 | Remain Unseen +4
Skills:
Read/Write 25%, Swim 100%, Ride 50%, Detect Ambush/Trap +4, Hunting +4, Navigate +4, Tracking +4

Kalina tilts her head, not quite understanding what is being said.


Sparky

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Maebh stares at the door and shrugs.


Male Pure Strain Human Thac0 melee +1, Thac0 ranged +3 HP 58 Health 12, Perception 12, Stealth +3 Speed Base 13 Scout

Adney looks at the door and says I will wait here then since its poison, the rest of you go ahead.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

As you slide the card into the reader, the double doors slide open and you can easily hear the loud humming of something from beyond the next set of doors. Placed near the center of the south wall are a
desk and chair. A built-in TV monitor sits on top of the desk and
can view either the corridor just outside
area with some sort of device of the ancients.. Lockers found along the north wall contain special no grain suits, ancient devices, and first aid kits. This room is lit with high intensity ceiling lights. The doors to this 8 meter by 6 meter security station are all
locked. Standing guard at the entrance door to the next
room CC is a machine similar to the one that is with you.


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

Ba-a-a-arnabas examines the ancient devices in the lockers along with the nograin suits and first aid kits, trying to determine what they are for and how they are used.

use artifacts on devices: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
use artifacts on suits: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
use artifacts on first aid kits: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Barnabas

Spoiler:
You find that the first aid kit are those of the TL5. You are able to discern that the suits should be able to protect someone from the inside of what is on the other side of the next door. The other devices have to do with monitoring what is on the other side of the door.


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

Ba-a-a-arnabas looks at the others.

"We-e-e-e should take these ki-i-its; they are go-o-o-ood for treating wounds."

He pokes his head out the door to talk to Adney.

"There are su-u-u-uits here that should prote-e-ect you from the radiation poison if you wa-a-a-a-ant to try them."

He then picks up one of the ancient devices and turns it on.

"Is everyone ready to look at this 'reactor?'"


Female Gren Scout 1 | 48/56 hp | AC 11 | MHAC 10 | Health 13 | Perception +2 | Stealth +2 | Remain Unseen +4
Skills:
Read/Write 25%, Swim 100%, Ride 50%, Detect Ambush/Trap +4, Hunting +4, Navigate +4, Tracking +4

Kalina looks dubiously at Ba-a-a-arnbus. She catches the idea that there is clothing, but nothing else makes sense.


Sparky

Do we need to? Is this going to help us find the giant chickens?


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46
Maeve Dawnbringer wrote:
Do we need to? Is this going to help us find the giant chickens?

"If the chi-i-i-ickens are mu-u-utants, and I think they ma-a-a-ay be, there may be so-o-o-o-ome down there. Why-y-y-y-y else would this be here unless the-e-ey used it in bree-e-e-eding their chickens?"

"A-a-a-a-and as I sa-a-aid before, exposing ourse-e-e-elves may grant us a-a-additional powers."

"If the re-e-e-est of you do no-o-ot care to go down the-e-ere, we can go elsewhere and consi-i-i-i-ider it later."


Female Gren Scout 1 | 48/56 hp | AC 11 | MHAC 10 | Health 13 | Perception +2 | Stealth +2 | Remain Unseen +4
Skills:
Read/Write 25%, Swim 100%, Ride 50%, Detect Ambush/Trap +4, Hunting +4, Navigate +4, Tracking +4

Kalina listens to the conversation, understanding none of it. The words are still foreign to her.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Going inside, talking to the robot or somewhere else?


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46
GMEDWIN wrote:
Going inside, talking to the robot or somewhere else?

I've already made my preference known, just waiting to see if others agree.


Male Mutant Animal THAC0 Melee +6, THAC0 Ranged +6, AC 16, HP 89, Health 16, Speed 35, Damage Claw 1d6+6, 1d6+6; bite 1d6+6 Enforcer

Deyemi points inside past the robot and then at the robot and mentally speaks to Barnabas talk to the robot, get it also on our side and lets go in and turn off what is mutating the chickens then Deyemi points back lets go back and give Adney a protective suit.


Female Gren Scout 1 | 48/56 hp | AC 11 | MHAC 10 | Health 13 | Perception +2 | Stealth +2 | Remain Unseen +4
Skills:
Read/Write 25%, Swim 100%, Ride 50%, Detect Ambush/Trap +4, Hunting +4, Navigate +4, Tracking +4

Kalina is still confused as to what is going on.


As Adney suits up and you make for the door, the robot in front of the door says, "Orders.... No one except Gallus chickens....Humans may pass... Strange creatures.... Green Humans... May not pass....


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

"Could you ple-e-e-ease tell me wha-a-at the se-e-e-eventh even prime number i-is?"

Let's see if he can handle that.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Give me a Robot Recognition roll


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

robot recognition 15: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Shoot, I should I have asked from all of you. Everyone except Adney and Barny please give me a RObot Recognition roll.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The robot is confused by Barny's request and it seems to be doing the calculations as he requested. You make your way into the next room and the sound of the ancient machines are almost completely deafening and just to hear oneself speak requires shouting. The largest machine itself and
peripheral structures take up most of the west and northwest
areas of this room. All around the north and south walls are
sophisticated ancient equipment, linked via pipes of resin to the main
box. Pipes of all sizes, from 10 centimeters through 1.5
meters wide, run in crisscross patterns throughout the room
and on into all other parts of the building (extending through
the filled in map areas).
This entire room is lead-shielded from the rest of the building

Bright lights shine constantly in this room.

GM rolls

Spoiler:
1d100 ⇒ 27

You see a mutated chicken sitting at one of a series of fix ancient boxes typing something onto the disconnected typewriter.


Female Gren Scout 1 | 48/56 hp | AC 11 | MHAC 10 | Health 13 | Perception +2 | Stealth +2 | Remain Unseen +4
Skills:
Read/Write 25%, Swim 100%, Ride 50%, Detect Ambush/Trap +4, Hunting +4, Navigate +4, Tracking +4

Seeing the mutated chicken, Kalina, at last, knows what to do. She grips her spear tightly and charges the creature, intent on skewering it and instead trips on a loose cable and falls flat on her face.

Kalina vs. Mutant: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Pure Strain Human Thac0 melee +1, Thac0 ranged +3 HP 58 Health 12, Perception 12, Stealth +3 Speed Base 13 Scout

Adney fire over the fallen form of Kalina with the first loaded crossbow.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6


Male Mutant Animal THAC0 Melee +6, THAC0 Ranged +6, AC 16, HP 89, Health 16, Speed 35, Damage Claw 1d6+6, 1d6+6; bite 1d6+6 Enforcer

Deyemi roars and chokes the chicken...

claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

"Ca-a-a-areful! Don't hurt the ma-a-a-achines!"

Not going to use the shotgun in here!

Ba-a-a-arnabas circles around behind the chicken in case it tries to escape.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Kalina stabs the back of the chair.

Adney's crossbow bolt misses wide and bounces off the glass

Deyemi stumbles and misses two of his attacks and third does very little damage.

Initiative Party 1d10 ⇒ 8, Chicken 1d10 ⇒ 9

Round 1

The chicken with three arm claws pushes off of the chair and full attacks Deyemi with his rifle and pistol and bite

Rifle 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 hits for 5d10 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 4, 2) + 3 = 26 striking the cougar man square in the chest
Slug thrower 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 which's projectile flies wide.

And then he tries to bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 hitting for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Party


Female Gren Scout 1 | 48/56 hp | AC 11 | MHAC 10 | Health 13 | Perception +2 | Stealth +2 | Remain Unseen +4
Skills:
Read/Write 25%, Swim 100%, Ride 50%, Detect Ambush/Trap +4, Hunting +4, Navigate +4, Tracking +4

Kalina scrambles to her feet and tries again to hit the chicken.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Sparky

seizures?: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Maeve attempts to stab with her halberd from the back of the room.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

And blast the giant mutated McNugget with her mental blast.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Mutant Sentient Animal Examiner 1 | HP 46/46

Know what? I have these radiant eyes, and I have never used them. So let's try that out.

Ba-a-a-arnabas' eyes flash with light. "Fe-e-e-eel the heat, chicken!" Beams of energy shoot out of Ba-a-a-arnabas' eyes.

I'm not sure how the damage works though. According to the rules they have "Intensity 5." Is this as the radiation rules? I don't see anything under "intensity" but there is "potency." If those are the same thing then I probably am only doing 1d6 damage here.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Of course, that's probably a miss anyway.

751 to 800 of 806 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Edwin's Gamma Far-Go campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.