Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

G.M.E.W. Finishing the Mask (Inactive)

Game Master Evan Whitefield


1 to 50 of 114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

The metallic odor of blood hangs heavy in the air mixing sickeningly with the scent of stale perfume and incense. Before you is a scene of absolute carnage, the bodies of nearly a dozen men and women lay sprawled out on the floor of the narrow hallway, their torn and bloodied robes, marking them as members of the church of Razmiri, almost unrecognizable. Looking down at your own robes you see they are just as ragged and blood soaked. Even the opulent chamber you are now in is not spared from the bloodshed. The body of one of the temple priests lays at your feet his blood glistening in a pool on the lush carpet and in drops splattered across the silk curtains and velvet pillows.

Further down the hallway, past the secret door leading to this chamber, the stout wooded door leading to the acolyte’s common area has just be shut and you can hear the distant sound of running footsteps and shouted orders coming from beyond.

We are out of combat but let’s keep it going in rounds for now since time is important. Do not worry about initiative just post your plans for the next round or two. You are all currently in T16, the “Chamber of Delights” and the door between T11 and T7 has just been shut so you have pretty much the entire “Restricted Section” to yourselves for now. When I drew the map for the last session I added two secret doors from T15 to the hallway leading to T16. These doors are not shown on this map but are described in the room layout so just assume there are there, we shouldn’t need to worry about placement.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

We don't have much time.

Steve hastily tries to wipe the blood from his shield but only manages to smudge it in a large circle. A star in the middle would look really cool he thinks to himself before his attention returns to the matter at hand.

Let's see what we can find here and move on.

Steve will move to the chair(?) near AA10 to look for anything of interest

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

Lisbeth looks uneasily around the room, unsure of what to do. Her eidolon stands by her side, his tentacles swinging almost playfully, waiting for her command, but she ignores him. After a moment, Lisbeth recovers from her shock, and fumbles with the myriad of devices strapped to her belt, eventually pulling a black wand from a small sheath and tapping herself with it once.

Lisbeth used a wand of infernal healing.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

Grab what you can.

Gareth quickly picks up any loose arrows, eyes in the direction of the distant noise. He slowly works his way toward the opening(at about Y6). There, he listens, trying to discern the number and distance of those approaching.


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Steve, perception check please.

Garath, you are too far away to discern any real info. If you moved up to the shut door at L6 you could probably make out more but you would probably want to move up there quietly. It would take you 2 more rounds to get there.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

Unable to gain the information he was looking for, Gareth decides to move slowing and deliberately forward. He stops at the secret door. Quietly, he digs a select item from his pack. Producing a bag of caltrops, he coats the floor around the doorway. He does his best to disguise the hazards among the bodies and debris in the area.

I'll stealth and move toward the secret door. When I get there, I'll start pouring out a bag of caltrops.

Stealth Check:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Sczarni

Deschain checks for the hidden doors for any traps or evidence of anyone that may enter through them or anything that may be useful.


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Round 2

Steve Rogers, seeing his fellow pathfinders stunned buy their current situation, takes charge of the situation. His words spur his companions into action. While Lizbeth retrieves a wand to heal herself, the three men begin to search the room. Behind a odd stone throne in the back of the chamber the fighter finds two unmarked glass viles. Gathering up a handful of non damaged arrows Gareth moves out of the room, down the hall, slowly towards the shut door.

Deschain please make a perception check for round 1.
Gareth you found 5 good arrows.
Round 2 Actions evelyone please.
Gareth please give me a stealth check for round 2 as well as a perception check.

GM only:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

Lisbeth, Steve holds out the two vials he found behind the throne as he hurries over to the summoner. When you have a chance, see if you can tell what these are.

Pulling from his pocket, Steve produces his own vial and drinks it. He eyes the long hallway Gareth has been stalking down with concern as his grip tightens on his shield.

Cure Light:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

Silithid huffs as Steve draws near, rising up protectively. Lisbeth rolls her eyes, pushing a blood covered tentacle aside so that she can grab the vials from Steve. She holds them up, eye level, and looks carefully through the clear glass.

Hmmm...Interesting...

Spellcraft Roll:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Lisbeth announces her findings to the group (if any), and then asks if anyone needs healing. As she does so, she points toward the door Gareth just left through and her eidolon moves toward it without hesitation.

Eidolon moves to Z7. Lisbeth gains 1 HP.

Sczarni

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Round 3

Handing the vials to the spell caster Rogers downs potion of his own and some of his injuries mend. Deschain spend more time examining the room and finds a few items of interest. Stashed behind some pillows on the floor was a small leather bag. Dumping the contents on the floor reveils a number of assorted coins, a set of silver dice and a small silver Raven figurine.

As the Ranger moves slowly down the hallway he begins to catch snippets of conversation from the door beyond. A deep voiced man, most likely the head of the temple, booms out orders to acolytes who seem to be building a barricade. For a moment the voices and noise from behind the door seem to die down as if the workers have been told to quiet down but soon after the noise begins to recommence.

Lisbeth, it take 3 rounds using Detect Magic to determine the nature of a magical item. You can either make a perception check to figure out the potions or cast Detect magic and roll spellcraft in round 4.

GM only:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

This rounds actions please.

Sczarni

Deschain quickly stashes the coins but is intrigued by the silver dice and the figurine.

Do I know have any sort of idea what these would be from?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

Steve Rogers eyes Gareth down the hallway, looking for any signs of what he's found out, ready to react accordingly.

I don't like the looks of this, Steve speaks hushed to the remaining party members. There's no other way out and we need to leave. Now.

I'll delay until I get information from Gareth.

Deschain, this was a 'chamber of delights'. The silver dice make sense for a fun activity in here while being all kinds of weird and crazy. Basically this looks like location appropriate loot.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

One day I will learn how spellcraft actually works lol. Consider last round's roll a perception roll, then. I'm also going to "delay" until i hear from the ranger.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

Yeah, I should probably reroll because my mod is different...

Perception:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

Hearing to the commotion behind the door, Gareth promptly stops, spins, and quietly proceeds back toward the group. As he approaches the doorway, he places his finger over his lips. He rounds the corner. In a low voice, Gareth says:

There's several of them behind the door. I couldn't make out how many. They're building something -- a blockade maybe. One with a deep voice seems to be directing them.

I move back into the room (T16) and around the corner to Y7. When I get around the corner, I tell the team what I heard.

Stealth Check:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Studying the dice and figurine Deshain can tell that while the dice seem to be scuffed and a little tarnished, the figurine is in perfect condition.

As Lisbeth, examines both vials she notices they appear to contain the same type of liquid. unstopping the cork and the tiniest of sips tells her that while the potions seems to be flavored to taste like red wine there is undoubtedly the presence of many ingredients commonly found in healing potions.
Cure Moderate wounds

Gareth, you moved 15ft down the hall in round 1 then you made it 30ft further to the Secret door at P,6 at the end of round 2. Did you still want to spread the caltrops? You were still 20ft from the closed door at L,6 you could probably make out more details on what was going on if you were closer. If you still want to make it back to the chamber you can its a -5 to your stealth check for moving more the half speed.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

I won't worry about putting the caltrops down. I'll take the -5 to my stealth check. My priority is getting the party up to speed.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

A blockade? From what?

Steve runs the scenarios through his head and none of them look good. He narrows the options in his head: 1) they're setting up defenses or 2) they're building up kindling to smoke us out. Both lead to just 1 course of action.

We can't let them finish. Charge. NOW!

Steve hesitates as he looks at his comrades for any sign of agreement though in a time like this, sometimes all he needs is to know is that they'll be right behind, unflinching.

Just going to wait for any verbal objection. If none, then I will be charging to shield bash the door open... hopefully with some Eidelon help

Sczarni

Pocketing the dice and figurine Deschain draws both of his swords and steps up to join in behind Steve.

[bold] I'm with you, hopefully you can provide and little distraction and I can sneak in behind you guys. [/bold]

[bold]Stealth Check:[/bold] 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

Gareth notches a smoke arrow.

I've got the distraction.

He follows the party to the door, listening for any more clues as he goes.

Perception Check:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

When the party reaches the door, I'll ready an action to fire the smoke arrow outside the doorway when the door is broken down.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

Lisbeth gapes at Steve, eyes wide, but she doesn't argue. Instead, she goes over to Silithid and touches him lightly, imbuing him with Mage Armor. Once finished she is finished casting, he follows her silent command to assist Steve with knocking the door down.

Not sure what rolls this action will entail.


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Is any one else going to be stealthy? What will be the Marching Order? You can get to the door by the end of round 5. I'll have initiative up tonight and we'll get things going.
I'll need Str checks from Steve and Silithid

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

No stealth for me... it won't do any good... Steve is made of armor lol

Strength Check:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

As far as marching order, I think it should be... Steve, Silithid, Gareth, Deschain and Lisbeth unless anyone has a better idea

Sczarni

I'm going in behind Steve and Gareth, sneaking in. Did you want me to roll another stealth or is the one from my bad formatting post ok?

Deschain lines up to enter behind Steve and Gareth, both blades drawn, ready to slip in amidst the smoke.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

That marching order is fine with me. I'll skip stealth this time too.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

So Lisbeth will be going in with +4 HP over what she ended last combat with. I'm cool with that order. Silithid will get in behind Steve because he has reach.

Strength Check:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Round 6
Charging up the hall you notice the noise from beyond abates for a second before erupting in a cacophony of shouts and bellowed orders. As Steve smashes into the heavy wooden door, shield first, it groans and starts to rip away from the hinges. A small push from Silithid is all it takes to send the door falling to the floor at the fighter’s feet. The two large tables form the dinning room have hacked to pieces and used to for crude wall choking the corridor. Behind the barricade is a handful of acolytes and behind them the stands a large figure in black robes and an ornate porcelain mask who you recognize as the head of the temple. To his lefts Steve sees two priests in white robes, swords drawn, and to his right stands a third priest accompanied buy a black robed Herald.

For a spit second there is a defining silence as everyone takes in the battlefield. This stillness is shattered by the head of the Temple who roars Death to the Heretics! For Razmir!

Initiatives:

Cultist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Steve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Lisbeth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Gareth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Deschain: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Gareth
Lisbeth & Silithid
Cultist
Steve
Deschain

Deschain, you can keep the last stealth roll. I had to guess your Initiative if its higher let me know.
Actions everyone!

MAP

Sczarni

Sorry Evan, I'll try and straighten out my profile stuff in the morning, it seems I'm posting under the wrong account. My initiative is +6 but I'm going to delay anyways until after Steve and Gareth

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

Reacting quickly, Gareth sends two arrows whizzing into the smokey room.

Just to be clear, If my readied action did go off, there is smoke in K6. If I still have a full round action, I'll shoot two arrows with deadly aim at the acolyte in J6. If the action didn't go off, I'll fine one smoke arrow at the ground in K6 and one at the acolyte.

Arrow 1:
To Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Arrow 2:
To Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Not that it matters for these two shots, but, for future reference, should I factor in the cover penalty? (I didn't for the two above shots)

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

As Lisbeth follows the party forward, she pulls out another scroll from the case on her belt. Just as Steve breaks down the door, she begins to read.

Alright, Lisbeth is going to take a five foot step backward and use a scroll to cast haste. I remember things were much more complicated than that the last time I tried it. It should be range 30, so only my allies will be affected this time?

And I think it will be DC of 4? Scroll usage: "If she meets all three requirements but her own caster level is lower than the scroll spell's caster level, then she has to make a caster level check (DC = scroll's caster level + 1) to cast the spell successfully."

Use Magic Device:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Silithid stands menacingly behind Steve, ready to attack.

He's going to ready an action to slam anyone that moves into L6


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Cultist:
As smoke fills the area in front of the door the cultist murmur in hesitation. From the back comes the roar of the head herald You fools ! Kill them! He then begins to chant a spell.
The acolytes snap out of their confusion and a volley of bolts cut through the smoke followed immediately after by the nearest priest. Now shrouded in the smoke the priest lashes out at Steve with a thin blade and then attempts to smash the fighter with his shield.

attacks:

Miss Chance high good
Bolt:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 83
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 6
Bolt:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 20
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 3

Bolt:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 84
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 1

Bolt:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 21
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 8

Sword:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Shield:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Silithid's action goes off, roll miss chance for the smoke, high is good

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

Startled by the barricade and then its sudden disappearance into smoke, Steve struggles to hold his shield up to protect himself and his friends close behind. Bolts wiz out of the smoke and past, some clattering off his shield. Just as the bolts stop and Steve thinks its over, he feels steel bite into him. He looks up to see a thin blade retreating into the smoke as a shield comes clashing against his own.

All the bolts and shield miss his flat-footed AC but the sword hits

As the eidolon's tendinous arms tower over him to strike into the smoke, Steve recovers his mettle and returns shield blow for shield blow with the man in the smoke, finding that his shield arm moves much faster thanks to whatever Lisbeth did.

Shield Bash:

Fighting Defensively: AC = 27, Touch = 17 (with haste's +1 dodge)

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 9
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Haste Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 8
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

If the eidolon's attack kills him somehow, then I'll 5 foot into K6 and then make these attacks on whoever is adjacent. If my attacks kill the priest, then I'll 5 foot step into K6 at the end of my turn

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

Readied Attack:

Slam (w/ power attack):
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 100
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Round 7
As Steve and Silithid ineffectively trade blows with the cultists, neither side able to spill any blood, you can hear the herald calling out threats to the party. You fools will feel the pain that comes from betraying the Living God! You shall be defeated and I shall punish you personally for your treachery! Oh but that will be nothing to what will awaits you when we send you to Razmir and you find yourselves in the torture chambers of the Mask!

Initiatives:
Gareth
Lisbeth & Silithid
Cultist
Steve
Deschain

Please post your actions! Do not wait until your turn to post. Post your actions and rolls and I’ll post a recap.
Steve, everyone started combat prepared so you were not flat-footed.
Liz, its a caster level check not a UMD check. Caster level is 1d20+ your level so the 15 passes. The DC is 5 since summoners need to be 4th level to cast haste.
Decshain, you never acted since Steve never moved in. If you want to come out of delay and act in round 6 please post your action or you can keep waiting.
Gareth, how long does the smoke last?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

Steve, frustrated at the smoke starts swinging with both shield and gauntlet, hoping something will make contact.

Attacks:

Fighting Defensively: AC = 27, Touch = 17 (with haste's +1 dodge)

Shield Bash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 86
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Haste Shield Bash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 69
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Spiked Gauntlet: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 34
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Again, if anyone has been dropped before or during his attacks, he'll 5 foot up and continue his attacks defensively.

Guys, don't forget your haste bonuses. +1 dodge, +1 attack, 1 extra attack during full-round attacks.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

I believe arrow smoke only lasts for 1 round, so it should be gone following my turn.

Ignoring the melee in front of him, Gareth notches an arrow. He makes note of the strange chanting coming from around the corner, but elects to continue firing on the acolytes.

I will shoot three arrows at the acolyte in J6 and move on to the acolyte in I6 if he drops. (Not counting cover penalty in the below roles)

Arrow 1:
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Arrow 2:
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Arrow 3:
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

As the smoke clears, Lisbeth squints her eyes to try to determine what the herald is casting, and whether or not he's holding a spell focus.

Spellcraft:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Satisfied, Lisbeth makes a quick, practiced gesture with her hands, sending an acid splash straight at the man attacking Steve.

Acid Splash:

Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Simultaneously, Silithid continues his assault on the acolyte, swinging his tentacles just over Steve's head.

Slam:

Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Dmg: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Dmg: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue/2

Not able to see much but the acolytes standing further into the room Deschain launches two daggers right at the closest acolyte with a quick flurry of his hands from within his cloak.

There's probably some cover penalties or something but I'll aim for the first acolyte in J6 as it's really all I can see, if he goes down from Gareth's arrows then I'll go for the one right behind him.

Dagger 1:
To Hit:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dagger 2:
To Hit:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Round 8

Spoiler:
Miss Chances for
Silithid:1d100 ⇒ 40

Attacks from Cultist
Sword:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sheild:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage:1d4 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 3

Steve continues to swing with reserve, making best use of the spell Lisbeth has granted him and his allies.

Attacks:

Fighting Defensively: AC = 27, Touch = 17 (with haste's +1 dodge)

Shield Bash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Haste Shield Bash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 16
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Spiked Gauntlet: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 26
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Same as last time. Attack as much as possible, step up if something dies.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

Dammit.

Gareth curses under his breath as he watches three more arrows fail to hit home. Persistently, he continues launching arrow after arrow.

I'm with Steve. More of the same: Three arrows without deadly aim.

Arrow 1:
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Arrow 2:
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Arrow 3:
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Intro 1 TABLE 2 MAP Intro 1 TABLE 1 MAP King of the Storval Stairs MAP

Looks like my post got cut off due to my work's web filter kicking in after lunch before I could finish. Here it is in it entirety.

Round 8

Spoiler:
Miss Chances for
Silithid:1d100 ⇒ 85

Attacks from Cultist
Sword:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Sheild:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage:1d4 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Shouts of frustration echo on both sides of the fight as the thick smoke lingers in the area in front of the doorway. Gareth fires 3 arrows over the heads of the eidolon an the fighter and hears in disappointing as they hit the barricade or the stone walls for the corridor beyond. Listening to the chanting coming from the other side of the smoke Lizbeth is able to recognize the spell being cast as shield. With a flick of here wrist she sends a blob of acid into the smoke but hears no sound of pain in reply. Silithid's attacks are a little more productive and one of his tentacles connects with the priest hiding in the smoke. Lisbeth immediately feels his dissatisfaction though as the creature realizes the blow did not do any damage.

Saving his breath for his spell casting the Herald begins another complex chant as the other cultists murmur in confusion as to what to do next. The priest in the smoke though continues his barrage of assaults. at one point his blade gets past Steve's shield and connects with his breastplate. Luckily enough Steve was anticipating the attack and twists to the side so the blade only leave a small scratch on the metal.

Launching himself at the cultist in retaliation Steve sweeps his shield ineffectively through the smoke a couple of times. Finally he sinks his fist into the center of the smoke and connects hard with the Priest, who sputters but stands firm in the doorway. As he removes his his fist, two daggers streak past his head as Deschain offers his support, but the daggers clatter to floor after hitting the barricade.

Initiatives:
Gareth
Lisbeth & Silithid
Cultist
Steve
Deschain

Please post your actions!

Scarab Sages

Female Human Summoner 3

Lisbeth continues to hurl her acid splashes, unable to see beyond the wall of smoke in the doorway.

Acid Splash:

Atk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 67
Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Silithid, confused because his hit did no damage to the priest, continues to wail on him.

Slam:

Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 67
Dmg: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 56
Dmg: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger - 4

Miss Chances:
Arrow 1: 1d100 ⇒ 60
Arrow 2: 1d100 ⇒ 86
Arrow 3: 1d100 ⇒ 6

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue/2

Deschain looks around getting frustrated with the current situation launches two more daggers into the smoke hoping to hit an acolyte before taking a 5 foot step to his left into the intersecting corridor (coordinate O5 on map). Before making his step Deschain pulls on Gareth to indicate he's moving back.

In a quiet voice to Gareth and Steve, Maybe we can pull back and draw them into us while we get into a better position

Dagger 1:
To Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dagger 2:
To Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

1 to 50 of 114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / G.M.E.W. Finishing the Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.