Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Doom 'n Gloom's Gameday VI Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE

Game Master TriShadow

Core version of Master of the Fallen Fortress


1 to 50 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Goblin Guild | MotFF

The ruined siege castles outside Absalom have long beckoned adventurers
looking to make a name for themselves. Now an earthquake has cracked
open one of these fabled ruins, and its lost mysteries and fantastic
treasures lie exposed for the first time in centuries. But the tower's empty halls once more echo with living footfalls, and a new master has claimed the Fallen Fortress as his own. Can the PCs find a way to get inside its shattered walls? What ancient dangers and fresh threats
will they encounter inside its crumbling chambers? And will the PCs be able to defeat the current Master of the Fallen Fortress?

The adventure involves exploring an ancient, ruined tower and rescuing the captured Pathfinder held within.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

"Evening ladies and gentlemen! I am hoping to join you all in an adventure of great intrigue and heroic promise!"

The Exchange

CG M Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 19/11/18 | CMB +4 (+6 disarm), CMD 15 (17 disarm) | F +4, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init. +3 | Perc. +7 (low-light), Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

A handsome half-elf enters the scene, following the previous one. It is hard to tell whether he is strong or scrawny, as his arms are covered in huge pauldrons. Granted, he carries a wide assortment of weapons at his belt and back, varying in size from knives to a gigantic axe. He also wears a fine set of breastplate and a shield at his side.

"We can hope so," he replies wryly. "Could just as easily be Drandle Dreng making us play fetch again. But never mind, hope's an important thing to have. My name's Dolgarth. And you are?" Dolgarth extends a hand to his fellow agent as he asks.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

"Playing fetch would be better than playing rescuer," says a muscular woman with straight black hair. Iladora wears simple scale mail on her chest, and carries a warhammer, a bow, and a large axe similar to Dolgarth's (assuming it's a greataxe). She has the stern look of a prince being placed in charge of building a toolshed. Her last mission had been a rescue, and although it succeeded, saving people had felt strange to her. "Name's Iladora. I'm a hunter."

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

An elf hesitantly moves forward, obsessively fidgeting with sheathed dagger. He avoids making eye-contact with anyone specific.

"Oh, hello. If you would have a humble student of magic, I would lend my spells. I wish to expand my arcane knowledge beyond the wizard schools, and it can't hurt to help a Pathfinder in need."

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

A halfling in finely studded leather armor walks into the room. His hair is trimmed short, but somehow still seems tousled, and he wears a rapier on one hip, and a bow and quiver on his back. His face is serious, one might go so far as to say he looks grim.

His voice, quite strong for a small folk, is devoid of mirth. "Good morrow to you all. You may call me Hob. Let's try not to die out there, alright? No one rush in, or try to be daring. That'll just likely get you killed. We stick together, we survive together." He raises one eyebrow in question, as if expecting someone to argue.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
Hob Cottonleaf wrote:
"Good morrow to you all. You may call me Hob. Let's try not to die out there, alright? No one rush in, or try to be daring. That'll just likely get you killed. We stick together, we survive together." He raises one eyebrow in question, as if expecting someone to argue.

Avasir nods in agreement. His eyes widen a bit as he truly considers that possibility for the first time.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

"Ha! Sound words indeed Mr.Hob, if not a bit foreboding. With this group I must say I feel quite a bit more optimistic...and I dare say confident. Look at you all...yes a very promising group indeed. I assure you I will regale all of our tales in a song worthy of telling again. Now, first things first, let me make sure I spell your names right."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Are you wearing a holy symbol Hob? Who of?

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

CG M Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 19/11/18 | CMB +4 (+6 disarm), CMD 15 (17 disarm) | F +4, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init. +3 | Perc. +7 (low-light), Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

"Plenty of us, too, I don't think we need worry much. Shouldn't run into any problems none of our number can handle."

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

Hob wears the sword and sun holy symbol of Iomedae, proudly displayed for all to see.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Iladora flinches when she sees the new speaker's holy symbol; then her anger flares at his demand.

Iladora draws her weapon and lunges toward the little Iomedaean. Her dark wings beat the air and close the distance between them almost instantly. The halfling's scream is cut short as her scythe slices through the air and severs his head from his body.

She takes a step forward, the scene playing out instantly in her mind. "You dare to--" Then she catches herself, closes her eyes, and takes a deep breath to calm her temper. No, not a scythe, an axe. And I've lost my wings. The goodly priests are allies now. "You're right," she says calmly. "We stick together. You have my cooperation." She's unable to shake her uneasiness, though, and her eyes keep finding Hob's holy symbol.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather
Arindel wrote:
"Now, first things first, let me make sure I spell your names right."

"Spell? You too are a sorcerer of some sort? A wize-ard like Ahva-Sur?" Asks the savage-looking elf waif. Her huge elven eyes make her seem even more curious.

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

With only a slight narrowing of the eyes, Hob takes in Iladora’s reaction to his words. The halfling seems satisfied with her change of tone, but he casually shifts away from her never letting her out of the corner of his eye. He seems to look at each person present, one at a time, with intensity, never seeming to completely relax.

Detect evil is up now, as he first looks over the group starting with Iladora. As a move action he studies one target at a time, excluding all others. Obviously none are evil, but it establishes a precedent that Hob is suspicious and cautious.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather
Hob Cottonleaf wrote:

With only a slight narrowing of the eyes, Hob takes in Iladora’s reaction to his words. The halfling seems satisfied with her change of tone, but he casually shifts away from her never letting her out of the corner of his eye. He seems to look at each person present, one at a time, with intensity, never seeming to completely relax.

Detect evil is up now, as he first looks over the group starting with Iladora. As a move action he studies one target at a time, excluding all others. Obviously none are evil, but it establishes a precedent that Hob is suspicious and cautious.

Selfi stares intently back at Hob. When he turns away (3ish rounds later) she does a fist pump in triumph.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
Selfi Appleblossom wrote:
Arindel wrote:
"Now, first things first, let me make sure I spell your names right."
"Spell? You too are a sorcerer of some sort? A wize-ard like Ahva-Sur?" Asks the savage-looking elf waif. Her huge elven eyes make her seem even more curious.

I definitely didn't encounter any elves like this during my studies...

He glances at her curiously for a brief moment.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather
Avasir wrote:

I definitely didn't encounter any elves like this during my studies...

He glances at her curiously for a brief moment.

YES! Ahva-Sur will not meet my eyes! Another victory! *Fist pump*

Mimicking Hob, Selfi begins staring down remaining party members.

Do you resist?:
Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

Arindel looks up at the odd exchanges and adds in some humor to lighten the mood. *Fist pumping* as Selfi had done. "A strange way to greet someone but to each his own."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Iladora watches the various reactions of the others with confusion. Not that a lack of trust among companions is new to her, but she had been given the impression that Pathfinders tend to cooperate-- wasn't that part of their motto? "I've offered my cooperation, but... Can I be sure I'll have yours?"

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
Iladora Unfallen wrote:
Iladora watches the various reactions of the others with confusion. Not that a lack of trust among companions is new to her, but she had been given the impression that Pathfinders tend to cooperate-- wasn't that part of their motto? "I've offered my cooperation, but... Can I be sure I'll have yours?"

Avasir suddenly snaps back into focus and looks at Iladora. ”Yes”

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather

"Ill-a-door-ah does not trust Selfi or the others?"

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

So it's normal for them to stare at me like that? "I guess I don't trust easily. You might say it's how I grew up."

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

CG M Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 19/11/18 | CMB +4 (+6 disarm), CMD 15 (17 disarm) | F +4, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init. +3 | Perc. +7 (low-light), Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

"I don't claim to know your past, but I think I can at least slightly relate," Dolgarth replies, deciding on macabre humor. "I got over it, though. Regardless of the outcome, this should be an interesting experience. I'd rather that result wasn't our deaths, but I'm not going to ask any of us to make guarantees we can't keep."


Goblin Guild | MotFF

My apologies all! I had a conference for work that I thought I could post through. Turns out it kicked my butt a little.

As you walk through the Grand Lodge, you all see a recent addition posted on the announcement board.

You are in Absalom, the mighty City at the Center of the World, and you’ve always longed to explore one of the countless ruins of failed conquerors that litter the plains outside the city’s walls. You’ve felt the earth tremble a few weeks ago. There are now rumors that one of the sealed siege castles has been laid open by a minor earthquake. Word on the street is that no one has yet entered the tower, which folks are calling the “Fallen Fortress.” What better way to start a life of excitement and adventure than by exploring its long-abandoned, dusty halls and perhaps claiming its ancient treasures? If you are interested in 'moving up' in The Society, this is the kind of challenge that needs looking into. If you find anything of interest, be certain to inventory it here with the Quartermaster and you will be compensated. Think of it as paid training. Once successfully completed, be sure to fill out your reports and inform one of the Venture Captains Lieutenants.

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

"Well, you heard the mission. Explore and report on the Fallen Fortress before anyone else has a chance to plunder it and ruin the chances of finding anything of value. Let's be moving people. We're burning daylight." and with that, Hob leads the group toward the Fortress.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

"Ahh, just when we were getting to know each other. Well my friends I suppose he is right. No time like the present as they say." Arindel stands and quickly throws back the drink he is holding...then grabs one close by and finishes that one as well."That's better. Now, Mr. Cottenleaf I must admit I like your single minded determination and all that but I think we need to wait for the others by to prepare. Mr. Cottenleaf?..." Arindel is somewhat torn by either waiting for the others or running off to catch up to the Halfling. Under his breath he says"For a little guy he sure seems to get places."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

"A conquering mission? That I can do!" Following the others, Iladora is visibly more enthusiastic than she was before. i may still be new to helping others. But conquering I can do.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather
Hob Cottonleaf wrote:
Hob leads the group toward the Fortress.

Not with a move of 20' you don't. ;)

"But Mizz-Tor Cot-On-Leaf where has the fortress fallen? And from where? Did not everything worth taking already break?"

The Exchange

CG M Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 19/11/18 | CMB +4 (+6 disarm), CMD 15 (17 disarm) | F +4, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init. +3 | Perc. +7 (low-light), Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

"I wonder how long it has been since anyone lived there," Dolgarth thinks aloud as they walk. "With the Pathfinder's luck on our side...well, in that case, ten crowns says there'll be a horde and a half of the risen dead."

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

"I wonder how a fellow Pathfinder came to be captured within. Were they with an entire party that was overtaken, or did they foolishly wander in alone?"


Goblin Guild | MotFF

GM Screen:

Perception
Arindel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Avasir: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Dolgarth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Hob: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Iladora: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Selfi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Initiative
Arindel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Avasir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Dolgarth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Hob: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Iladora: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Selfi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
dogs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

During the three hour journey to the ruins, the most excitement you experience is the good-natured competition between Hob and Selfi to one up each other in taking the lead. You finally get close enough to see the eighty foot tower.

The ruined siege castle now being called the Fallen Fortress rises out of the churned earth of the Cairnlands. No doors or windows mar the otherwise smooth expanse of the tower’s walls. The tower is quatrefoil in plan; its eastern wing has largely collapsed, exposing the interior floors to the open air. Only the topmost level seems whole, though its eastern portion hangs precariously over the mountain of rubble left by the collapse. At ground level, the rubble frames a gaping hole in the side of the building that provides access to the tower’s darkened interior.

Avasir's musings about whom or whatever has taken residence in the tower are interrupted by snarling barks. Wild dogs emerge from the ruins, and the starving pack immediately sprints toward the party. While a few of you are caught off guard, Avasir, Selfi and Iladora spring into action.

Surprise Round {Bold may post}
Avasir
Selfi
Iladora
Dogs
Dolgarth

Map is updated. Rubble is difficult terrain

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather

Selfi spends much of the time crossing the hills with her eyes skyward, on the look out for other fortress that may fall.

Draw bow!

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

Avasir gets a little anxious at the sight of first danger and decides to not save that protective spell for later...

Cast Mage Armor. Effect +4 AC. Duration 1 hour.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Iladora has precious little time to inspect the ruined tower from a distance before the snarling dogs almost-- almost-- get the jump on her. Quickly, she pulls her axe from behind her back.

Draw axe!

-Posted with Wayfinder


Goblin Guild | MotFF

The dogs show no signs of stopping as they dash over the brick and mortar strewn field.

Surprise Round Bold may post
Dolgarth
Round 1 Bold may post

Hob
Avasir
Selfi
Iladora
Arindel
dogs
Dolgarth

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

"The welcoming committee is nearly upon us! Such warmth."

Draw light crossbow. Load light crossbow.

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

Hob dashes next to and then past Selfi, with a short but firm comment, "On your left! and readies his blade for when a dog comes in range.

move action, then ready attack

Readied action and possible AoO:
readied action: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 <smh> You just have to love that for a start. ;)
piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

AoO if one presents itself: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Iladora steps forward, axe at the ready.

Ready action for the next dog in melee:
Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

CG M Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 19/11/18 | CMB +4 (+6 disarm), CMD 15 (17 disarm) | F +4, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init. +3 | Perc. +7 (low-light), Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Dolgarth takes a step forward, and, based on the threat at hand, draws his sword and shield. "I'm going to be desensitized to killing animals eventually...."

Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

Arindel moves forward with blade already in hand then also awaits, as the others do, for the dogs to come within range to attack.
AOO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 If it comes up.
Readied action: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 If applicable


Goblin Guild | MotFF

The dogs focus on Hob, perhaps because they think his smaller stature will make him an easy meal. The dog with green moss stuck to his hide is a little too eager and Hob scores a hit as the dogs seek to overwhelm the paladin. It gives off a yelp of pain as it tucks its tail between its legs, shocked by the wound. Arindel's strike slices between the ribs of the another pack member, but sound escaping the wild beast is more of a death rattle as it skids lifelessly to the ground. The alpha dog snaps its jaws at Hob, but only catches air.

GM Screen:

RED bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Round 1 (cont.) Bold may post
Dolgarth

Round 2
Hob
Avasir
Selfi
Iladora
Arindel
dogs
Dolgarth

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

Hob steps between the two dogs, getting out of the way of his ranged allies and offering a readied flank against the red hound for one melee ally to step up to.

readied rapier attack on red: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11
piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I think I am still out(barely) of the difficult terrain, but if not, then Hob will provoke.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/12/15 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Iladora takes up a flanking position with the halfling priest and swings her axe-- sideways, as one might swing a scythe. Old habits die hard, it would seem.

Axe, flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather

Selfi drops her bow and tugs her great zweihander free from her back as she rushes to Hobs aid.

zweihander v green (flank): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21 damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

Avasir finds himself without a firing view of the hounds that doesn't endanger his allies. He comes around behind Dolgarth and passes him to stand in the center of the opening opposite the ongoing melee. He takes aim at the red hound with his crossbow...

Applying -4 as hound is engaged in melee with an ally: +3 -4 ⇒ -1

Fire light crossbow at red hound: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 141d8 ⇒ 7


Goblin Guild | MotFF

Iladora and Hob find the dog a nimble opponent. However, their efforts distract the dog long enough for Avasir to sink a bolt deep into its chest. Likewise, Selfi brings her great sword down in an impressive arc, cleaving the remaining dog in two.

COMBAT OVER!

Just in case, here is the description of what you see:

The ruined siege castle now being called the Fallen Fortress rises out of the churned earth of the Cairnlands. No doors or windows mar the otherwise smooth expanse of the tower’s walls. The tower is quatrefoil in plan; its eastern wing has largely collapsed, exposing the interior floors to the open air. Only the topmost level seems whole, though its eastern portion hangs precariously over the mountain of rubble left by the collapse. At ground level, the rubble frames a gaping hole in the side of the building that provides access to the tower’s darkened interior.

You can see two ways which seem to lead deeper into the tower.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather

Selfi begins dressing the meat. "Not as good as wyvern, but with the right spices."

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
Selfi Appleblossom wrote:
Selfi begins dressing the meat. "Not as good as wyvern, but with the right spices."

Avasir gives a horrified expression as he watches Selfi prepare the dog.

"A LOT of spices..."

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 (mage armor 17/17/14) | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

"And now for the all-important question: do we try the left entrance or the right? Is everyone prepared to head in?"

The Exchange

CG M Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 19/11/18 | CMB +4 (+6 disarm), CMD 15 (17 disarm) | F +4, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init. +3 | Perc. +7 (low-light), Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

"Good job, team," Dolgarth chuckles, tossing his sword through the air and catching it by the hilt again. "Can't say I was on the ball there. But I'd say the left entrance."

1 to 50 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doom 'N Gloom's Gameday VI Master of the Fallen Fortress All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.