Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Dinketry and the Dead Suns AP

Game Master dinketry

They've gone.....to plaid!


1 to 50 of 1,188 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

The Old Monastery

Soundtrack for the opening scene

"Clearance for shuttle Okimoro confirmed. Proceed along flight pattern to dock 94."

Idar the Houseless sat in the jump-seat, watching through the window as the asymmetrical, six-pointed star moved out of far-focus into more specific structural features. The central core of the space station - known as the Eye - remained at the centre of focus, the forcefield dome highlighting skyscrapers and green trees set against the blackness of space. The shuttle moved smoothly towards the Arms, metallic rays housing dozens of different docks and bays ranging in size and function. In between the Arms and the Eye sat concentric rings of further metallic-grey structures known as the Ring. Only five miles in diameter, the structure of Absalom Station was well-known throughout the known galaxy, but still majestic to behold.

Idar shifted in the seat as the shuttle hewed close to the entry port of its docking bay, the artificial gravity pulling in ways that space hadn't during the flight. With a sideways peer out the window, the unique architectural feature of Absalom Station known as the Spike became more clearly viewed. The tapering pillar dropped down from the station’s central disk, its surface a thrum of blinking lights clustered densely near the tip.

The shuttle touched down with a soft clunk. Idar glanced up at the other four shuttle passengers, noting a lashunta with a curiously-familiar face collecting her positions from the bulkhead as she checked her personal comm-link. The shuttle intercom crackled to life once more, the android pilot of the shuttlecraft speaking to the passengers as the landing gear deployed.

"Okimoro mooring successful. Standard AS gravity in place. Please disembark to the forward of the shuttlecraft. Welcome to Absalom Station. May the Beacon guide your days and ways."

*************************************************************************** ************

August Vydoc strode through docking bay 93 en route to the subsequent bay. A riot of people crowded the disembarkment area - vesk, human, lashunta, android, nuar - and August catalogued each as he moved past, intent on the sign indicating the entrance to loading dock 94 up ahead. His implanted comm device registered that the estimated time of arrival on the current path was to be two minutes late at the present velocity of ambulation. August's stride grew slightly quicker.

*************************************************************************** ************

Jaxom Sandstrom stood in the service lift as it descended to docking bay 94, his kit outfitted, his heart thumping faster than normal in his chest. The dwarf had called for him! The thought repeated in his head as he fastidiously adjusted his straps. There had been no news regarding his request for off-world work for so long, and now this official Starfinder electro-document arrived - pre-emptively opened by his nosy mother - with the prior agreed-upon call for his action. The lift slowed as a dull ding rang out, indicating Jaxom's arrival at dock 94. The lift doors glided opened.

Jaxom, a Perception check, please.

*************************************************************************** ************

Telion of Castrovel sat rear-facing on the Astro-Seg, gliding effortlessly through the loading docks towards his target location. The muscular lashunta relaxed as he reviewed the cryptic message from the dwarf Kreel in his mind. "Let me make things right." What could that mean? Telion passively watched the varied races slide by as the vehicle moved through the taxi lane, Loading Bay 94 looming into view. A large shuttlecraft was in the process of de-pressuring its hatch - perhaps these were the prospective Starfinders that Kreel spoke about? Telion looked around for a dwarf, not exactly remembering Kreel's face, but trusting that a dwarf would stand out from the others on the dock.

Telion, please make a Perception check for me.

*************************************************************************** *************

"i'm outside your shuttlecraft on the opposite side of the loading bay. so soon; we can finally meet!"

Diamaante glanced with a flat expression at her personal comm, the instant message fading from the screen. The dwarf hopefully wouldn't be too much of a problem - perhaps he would understand that she was using him for a specific purpose. Hopefully he wouldn't need to be 'handled'. The lashunta kept her eyes on her possessions as she readied for shuttle exit, avoiding looking at the other passengers on board. "The first rule of celebrity is not to be spotted; Avoid direct glances." - Bunny's cardinal rules floated through the damaya's mind as she sauntered out of the popped shuttle hatch in front of the gathered passengers, her scarf-wrap over her head for further obfuscation.

Diamaante, a Perception check from you as well, please.

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Envoy (Icon) 1 | SP 5/5, HP 10/10, RP 5/5, EAC 11, KAC 13, AC vs CM 21 | F -1, R +2, W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +4, Sense Motive +4+1d6 | Battery 10/20 charges

Diamaante keeps her head down and tries to avoid eye contact with anybody else in the docking bay. She is grateful that her assistant didn't send the dwarf's full message over to her--the description of the picture that had been attached had been enough to leave a mental scar.

She glances around furtively.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Idar smiles to himself - and only to himself, since he hides his mouth like all Kasatha. Paying work. Respectable, too. Not like all those other responses to his advertisement seeking a mere killer-for-hire.

Rising from the jump seat, he retrieves his luggage - a single bag containing all his worldly possessions, with a padded extension protecting his longrifle. With another hand, he pulls up his hood and adjusts his scarf. (While another idly sifts through his pockets with nervous energy.)

He steps off the shuttle, looking about for some kind of sign that someone is there to meet him. Failing that, he'll look for any kind of signage to direct him toward the Lorespire.

Grand Lodge

The Old Monastery
Idar the Houseless wrote:

Idar smiles to himself - and only to himself, since he hides his mouth like all Kasatha. Paying work. Respectable, too. Not like all those other responses to his advertisement seeking a mere killer-for-hire.

Rising from the jump seat, he retrieves his luggage - a single bag containing all his worldly possessions, with a padded extension protecting his longrifle. With another hand, he pulls up his hood and adjusts his scarf. (While another idly sifts through his pockets with nervous energy.)

He steps off the shuttle, looking about for some kind of sign that someone is there to meet him. Failing that, he'll look for any kind of signage to direct him toward the Lorespire.

Idar, please give me a Perception check.

Dataphiles

M Android Operative (Detective) | Level 1 | SP 7/7, HP 10/10, RP 2/4, EAC 14, KAC 15, AC vs CM 23| F +1 R +5 W +3| Init + 3 | Perc +6

August's colorless eyes sweep the vast press of organics and notes some of the other androids shying away from humans and Vesk. He remembered how surprised he'd been when he discovered that androids away from home were subservient to organics instead of being in charge.

He pings Duravor and leaves him a quick text message explaining the current delay, estimating he'd arrive approximately thirty four seconds past 1330 on the dot due to the press of traffic and what he gathered was a surly docking specialist clearing the Marchara for landing.


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 | HP 11/11, SP 7/7 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1 | EAC 12, KAC 14 | Perc. +3 | Init +1

Just Telion will be fine in the future. The alias for Telion was already taken, and he doesn't really use a last name, if he has one.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Telion glanced about as he walked with the crowd, noting the passengers disembarking.

A woman, eyes down, mostly covered, but her bearing is almost regal. Not used to slipping by unnoticed.

A kasathan man. The way he handled his long bag caught Telion's attention. A hunter then, at least of some sort.

But where was this dwarf, and what sort of work did he have in mind. To be honest, Telion hadn't expected to ever see Duravor again, but his timing was convenient. Telion's credit chip was running dry and he had been growing restless on the station that served as his temporary home. While he had learned to quiet his mind, he was anxious to test his new skills.

He glanced up to the small black and purple orb that floated beside him. It shocked him when it had appeared. When he had stretched out his mind to it he could feel how it was made up of strange twists in the gravitational pull from everything around him. Even from him, he supposed. Strange.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Soldier (Sharpshooter)
GM Dinketry wrote:
Idar, please give me a Perception check.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Probably didn't see it.

Grand Lodge

The Old Monastery

August strides with speed through the entryway of Docking Bay 94, out-pacing all but the most disruptive of fellow pedestrians. A ping in his messaging module goes off. Titled 'D Kreel', it says simply: "Check."

A Perception check from August, please.

Dataphiles

M Android Operative (Detective) | Level 1 | SP 7/7, HP 10/10, RP 2/4, EAC 14, KAC 15, AC vs CM 23| F +1 R +5 W +3| Init + 3 | Perc +6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

The call had come. Literally and figuratively, whatever was up, it certainly needed his particular skills and knowledge, and not some brutish skills like some Starfinders possessed. The noises in the starport were not unusual, but today they seemed so much more distinct than normal.

Grand Lodge

The Old Monastery

The brightly-lit dock 94 of Absalom Station is abuzz with activity as travelers bustle by, preparing to board or disembark from starships bound to or from any of dozens of worlds. Brash and swaggering starpilots, scurrying ysoki mechanics, expectant colonists - all mingle with enigmatic kasatha mystics, hard-faced asteroid miners, and imposing vesk mercenaries, creating a microcosm of the abundance and variety of life in the Pact Worlds. New arrivals meet friends, loved ones, or business contacts, and are whisked away into the humming activity of daily life on the vast space station. Beyond them, ground crews tend to the docked ships, and dockworkers in mechanised cargo lifters load and unload freight and baggage. A sharp tang of ozone hangs in the air - a byproduct of electrical discharges from the docked ships - but underneath, the station’s atmosphere has a slightly-used aroma. The docking bay’s deck plates thrum beneath your feet, though whether it’s from the passage of innumerable feet or the vibrations of the station’s power conduits and air recycling systems is impossible to say.

You all step onto the scene, taking in the frenetic energy.

Jaxom:
You step out of the transport lift, your technician senses taking over as you note a frayed door seal on the external section of your lift. Turning to the potential repair ticket, your hand reflexively goes to the backside of your belt for your AP tool as you crouch down for a 'quick fix'.

Idar:
You scan through the crowd of people for a dwarven figure. You think you spot a dwarf standing in the centre of the cargo transport lane, waving at someone else. Others jostle you as they move past, drawing your attention to your pack.

Telion:
You hop off the Astro-Seg as it pulls into the cargo lane of Docking Bay 94. A somewhat familiar dwarven figure stands nearby, holding a comm tablet and waving at someone on the docked shuttle marked Okimoro moored in place.

Diamaante:
You immediately spot the dwarf. He stands at the top edge of the cargo lane, holding a comm tablet in one hand and waving directly at you. Before you can move closer to him, you note some odd movements from a few humans dressed in non-technician gear on opposite sides of the dockworks.

August:
The dwarf stands roughly 75 feet away from you at the centre of the cargo lane, waving at a hooded lashunta female disembarking from the recently arrived shuttle. Her face seems familiar somehow. Before you can give it further thought, your attention is drawn to the disruptive pedestrians emerging from the passageway from Docking Bay 93 behind you, as well as a similar group emerging from the opposite side of the Docking Bay. You hear the high-pitched whine of laser pistols being switched on.

Surprise Round! Diamaante and August both can act as in a surprise round (i.e. you can take a standard, or a move action, plus any swift actions), while Idar, Jaxom, and Telion all are surprised and have the flat-footed condition.

August Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Diamaante Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Idar Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Jaxom Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Telion Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

TA1 Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
TA2 Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
TA3 Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
TB1 Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
TB2 Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
TB3 Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

GM rolls:

GM roll TA1: 1d6 ⇒ 6
GM roll TA2: 1d6 ⇒ 6
GM roll TA3: 1d6 ⇒ 6
GM roll TB1: 1d6 ⇒ 4
GM roll TB2: 1d6 ⇒ 2
GM roll TB3: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Dataphiles

M Android Operative (Detective) | Level 1 | SP 7/7, HP 10/10, RP 2/4, EAC 14, KAC 15, AC vs CM 23| F +1 R +5 W +3| Init + 3 | Perc +6

Upon hearing the activation of laser pistols, and noting a place to take cover from both sides (assuming there is any), August activates his combat subroutines and tries to dive out of the way of the two groups while yelling in an authoritative bass.

Everybody take cover, active shooters in the docking bay!

I hope I'm not hearing things, explaining a panic to station security wouldn't be exciting.

If I still have the ability to I'll pull my pistol out of its holster. If not I'll save that for the actual combat round!

Grand Lodge

The Old Monastery

For all save for Jaxom...

Tall and lanky for a dwarf, with a bristly, iron-gray beard and deep-set eyes beneath bushy eyebrows, the dwarf Duravor Kreel approaches the disembarkment channel of the Okimoro. With his patched and stained coveralls, the dwarf looks like just another dockworker, but a badge bearing the symbol of the Starfinder Society stands out on his chest. Kreel holds a hand up in greeting, a tablet computer in his other hand down by his side. Before you can return the greeting, the air is suddenly filled with laser blasts.

Ok, for all of you now...

Bystanders scream and flee in terror, diving for cover or milling about frantically. The dwarf freezes in place, paralysed with fear.

TB3 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 201d4 ⇒ 4
TB1 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d4 ⇒ 4
TA2 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d4 ⇒ 1
TA1 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d4 ⇒ 2
TA3 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d4 ⇒ 3
TB2 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d4 ⇒ 4

GM rolls:

GM roll #1: 1d6 ⇒ 6
GM roll #2: 1d6 ⇒ 3

You all see a laser beam hit Kreel. The dwarf falls to his knees, grasping at his neck for a few seconds before collapsing face-down. Further laser blasts echo across the bay.

August, I see you've taken your move action. Diamaante, you still have your surprise round action(s).

Map link (also active at the top)

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Envoy (Icon) 1 | SP 5/5, HP 10/10, RP 5/5, EAC 11, KAC 13, AC vs CM 21 | F -1, R +2, W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +4, Sense Motive +4+1d6 | Battery 10/20 charges

Diamaante has barely spotted Kreel before lasers start flying through the air. The dwarf falls, and the lashunta lets out an involuntary scream of terror. She hurried to cover.

If the barrel northeast of her will give her cover, she will 5-foot-step there and draw her laser pistol. If not, she will move 30 feet west.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Idar is stunned by the sudden violence, and doubly so as the Starfinder collapses to the deck.

Rescue the dwarf or fight back? Then the Android's voice echoes out, calling for cover. Right! Cover. Remember your training. Get to cover, stabilize your barrel, then pick targets.

When Idar gets his actions, he'll slot himself into the gap in the pile of rectangular crates to his west and draw his rifle. Does that leave him with any actions left over?

Grand Lodge

The Old Monastery

STARFINDER variance from PATHFINDER: There is no such thing as a five-foot step free action in Starfinder. See page 244 of the Starfinder Core for the list of all available combat round actions. (I think I'll try to make this a regular thing.)

Diamaante, because you don't have a base attack bonus (BAB) of +1 or more, you cannot draw a weapon as part of a move action. The barrel will give you partial cover if you stand (+2 to AC) or regular cover if you kneel/crouch/drop (+4 to AC). I'll rule that you moved there, but you don't have a weapon drawn.

August, you also don't have a BAB of +1 or more, so you can take cover as well, and that's it during the surprise round.

Idar, you DO have a BAB of +1, so you can draw your rifle as part of your move action.

August and Diamaante both dive for cover as the laser crossfire strafes the dockworks. The others are frozen in shock.

Initiative Order:
  • TB3
  • TB1
  • TA2
  • TA1
  • TA3
  • Diamaante
  • August
  • Idar
  • Telion
  • TB2
  • Jaxom
  • Round 1!

    GM rolls:

    GM roll TB3: 1d6 ⇒ 2
    GM roll TB1: 1d6 ⇒ 2
    GM roll TA2: 1d6 ⇒ 4
    GM roll TA1: 1d6 ⇒ 2
    GM roll TA3: 1d6 ⇒ 3
    GM roll TB2: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    TB3 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d4 ⇒ 3
    TB1 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d4 ⇒ 2
    TA2 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d4 ⇒ 2
    TA1 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d4 ⇒ 3
    TA3 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d4 ⇒ 4

    The air crackles with energy as lasers fly in all directions, some hitting targets, innocent and assailant alike. Two of the shooters - one from each side of the platform - attempt to re-position for better cover after taking scorch marks to their frames, but all of the gunmen remain defiantly standing as they pump out blasts of laser-fire at each other.

    Diamaante, August, Idar, and Telion - you may all take your actions! The map should allow you to move your icons where you'd like them to be.

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    I think I got myself moved. Double move and crouching for cover.

    Dataphiles

    M Android Operative (Detective) | Level 1 | SP 7/7, HP 10/10, RP 2/4, EAC 14, KAC 15, AC vs CM 23| F +1 R +5 W +3| Init + 3 | Perc +6

    Is there a penalty for shooting from cover? Or does the gang member to the east of the orange barrel have cover from me at the moment?

    Acquisitives

    Female Lashunta Envoy (Icon) 1 | SP 5/5, HP 10/10, RP 5/5, EAC 11, KAC 13, AC vs CM 21 | F -1, R +2, W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +4, Sense Motive +4+1d6 | Battery 10/20 charges

    No 5-foot-steps. Got it, thank you! Is there a check I can make to identify either group of shooters?

    Seeing a fellow lashunta nearby, Diamaante rushes across the docking bay and crouches behind the crates beside him. She focuses on the nearest gunman and tries to cloud his mind.

    Beneath her hood, her antennae twitch as she reaches out to the lashunta telepathically. What is going on? Who are these people?

    Move and cast daze on the nearest gunman.

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery
    Jaxom Sandstrom wrote:
    I think I got myself moved. Double move and crouching for cover.
    GM wrote:
    Diamaante, August, Idar, and Telion - you may all take your actions!

    Jaxom, your turn hasn't come yet in initiative. I've moved you back to where you started. You still have the flat-footed condition.

    August, all of the gang members have partial cover. I'm ruling that the penalty for shooting from cover is having to stand up to fire, thereby lessening cover (+4 AC) to only partial cover (+2 AC). You can drop again as a swift action, but if anyone was holding an action to blast you when you stood up...

    Diamaante, you don't have the range to use daze at your present location. You also don't have the proper skill set to identify the gang members on sight. Perhaps you would if were you someone who grew up on Absalom Station...

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0
    GM Dinketry wrote:
    Jaxom Sandstrom wrote:
    I think I got myself moved. Double move and crouching for cover.
    GM wrote:
    Diamaante, August, Idar, and Telion - you may all take your actions!

    Jaxom, your turn hasn't come yet in initiative. I've moved you back to where you started. You still have the flat-footed condition.

    No problemo! I'm just excited I got myself moved using my iPad. I resized myself a dozen times in the process.

    Acquisitives

    Female Lashunta Envoy (Icon) 1 | SP 5/5, HP 10/10, RP 5/5, EAC 11, KAC 13, AC vs CM 21 | F -1, R +2, W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +4, Sense Motive +4+1d6 | Battery 10/20 charges

    Okay, I will draw my laser pistol as my standard action then.


    Male Lashunta Solarian 1 | HP 11/11, SP 7/7 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1 | EAC 12, KAC 14 | Perc. +3 | Init +1

    As the dwarf hit the deck, Telion's mind snapped into focus. His gaze swept the room, picking out the attackers through the chaos of people fleeing the dock. "Don't know, but that dwarf is why I'm here. Be right back, and keep your head down," Telion replied to the beautiful lashunta woman who had ducked down beside him.

    Telion paused for a moment, then saw a break in the laser blasts and ran towards Duravor and slid behind the crates nearby so he'd have cover as he lifted him.

    Double move to get to Duravor, I'll have to pick him up and run next round.

    Attunement: Graviton 1, giving +1 Reflex

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    Sweet! Better you than me rushing out to him! I'm no hero!

    Dataphiles

    M Android Operative (Detective) | Level 1 | SP 7/7, HP 10/10, RP 2/4, EAC 14, KAC 15, AC vs CM 23| F +1 R +5 W +3| Init + 3 | Perc +6

    OK, thanks for the clarification!

    August looks at a Lashunta who's running to grab the dwarf as he's pulling his gun from the retention holster on his right hip.

    Brave but a bad tactical decision.

    Stay down, the threat hasn't been neutralized!

    Looking at the thugs he shouts a command to cease fire, catching himself at the last minute before he identifies himself as internal security. Since they (presumably) ignore him he puts his hands together as he stands and gets into his stance.

    August fires at the thug to the east of the orange barrel in front of him.

    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 I have no idea what average thug KAC is in Starfinder soooo...I'll just roll damage.

    1d6 ⇒ 4

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Kasatha Soldier (Sharpshooter)

    Idar isn't sure who the bad guy is here yet, but he sees Telion moving to aid the dwarf. He'll cover them.

    Move as described above, then ready action to shoot anyone who takes a shot at Telion or the dwarf.

    Readied attack and damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d8 ⇒ 3

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery

    The korasha lashunta responds to Diamaante's telepathic communication out loud before rushing to slide behind a pair of crates near the fallen dwarf's body. While this occurs, the four-armed kasatha draws his rifle and takes up a protected position at the south side of the scene. August calls out -

    August wrote:
    "Stay down; the threat hasn't been neutralized!

    - and then fires a shot from his pistol at one of the gunmen on the east side, tagging him and causing him to spin toward the android with a loud

    Gunny Gunnarsson wrote:
    "Hey!"

    TB2 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d4 ⇒ 1

    A laser strafes across the room and tags the gunman closest to August.

    Jaxom takes this blur of motion in with a slight bubble in his stomach as he watches from the lift doors.

    Jaxom, it is your turn!

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    Jaxom watched the dwarf fall to the ground and then the lashunta moved out to him. Jaxom rushes across the docking bay (double move) and takes up a position with cover behind some crates. "Can you bring him to me? I have a medkit!"

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery

    Initiative Order:
  • TB3
  • TB1
  • TA2
  • TA1
  • TA3
  • Diamaante
  • August
  • Idar(for now)
  • Telion
  • TB2
  • Jaxom
  • Round 2!

    GM rolls:

    GM roll TB3: 1d6 ⇒ 2
    GM roll TA2: 1d6 ⇒ 6
    GM roll TA1: 1d6 ⇒ 2
    GM roll TA3: 1d6 ⇒ 2
    GM roll TB2: 1d6 ⇒ 6

    A middle-aged human throws himself behind the Astro-Seg close to Diamaante, calling for the other lashunta's attention as the symphony of laser blasts continues.

    Jaxom wrote:
    "Can you bring him to me? I have a medkit!"

    TB3 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 ⇒ 2

    The gunman targeted by August stands up, and firing off two shots at the android, calls out to his compatriots: "New shooter! New shooter! Mark 9!"

    STARFINDER variance from PATHFINDER: Anybody can take two attacks per round by using something called a Full (Attack) action. Both attacks have a -4 to attack. There are certain weapons, feats, and class abilities that will affect these.

    Idar, with a successful DC13 Perception:
    'Mark 9' is military-speak for 'left flank'.

    TB1 Ranged Attack #1 on August: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -11d4 ⇒ 3
    TB1 Ranged Attack #2 on August: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -21d4 ⇒ 1

    August's opponent clearly has been rattled by the attack, and misses badly with both shots, almost dropping his pistol in the process.

    TA2 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d4 ⇒ 1
    TA1 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d4 ⇒ 3
    TA3 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d4 ⇒ 2

    Idar:
    None of the laser blasters appear to be targeting the lashunta or the dwarf.

    Diamaante, August, Idar, and Telion may act!

    Dataphiles

    M Android Operative (Detective) | Level 1 | SP 7/7, HP 10/10, RP 2/4, EAC 14, KAC 15, AC vs CM 23| F +1 R +5 W +3| Init + 3 | Perc +6

    August quietly hopes he'll get some support from other civic-minded passersby before he becomes the target of all the shooters.

    Shooting the same target.

    Attack (Tactical semi-auto pistol): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Damage (Tactical semi-auto pistol): 1d6 ⇒ 2


    Male Lashunta Solarian 1 | HP 11/11, SP 7/7 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1 | EAC 12, KAC 14 | Perc. +3 | Init +1

    Telion hefted the unconscious dwarf over his shoulder and bolted back towards his previous location. Coming around the corner, he nearly ran right into the human man ducking behind the crates. "Are you a medic?"

    Acquisitives

    Female Lashunta Envoy (Icon) 1 | SP 5/5, HP 10/10, RP 5/5, EAC 11, KAC 13, AC vs CM 21 | F -1, R +2, W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +4, Sense Motive +4+1d6 | Battery 10/20 charges

    Diamaante doesn't know which side--if any--are the good guys, so she stays low behind the crates for now. When the other lashunta brings the dwarf near, she reaches out telepathically again.

    We need to get clear of this firefight! Is there a safe path to an exit?

    She looks to see if the dwarf still has his tablet computer. If he dropped it nearby, she will pull it towards her.

    Use psychokinetic hand if the computer fell within 25 feet. If not, just stay low and total defense if that is still a thing. (Don't have my book on me right now.)

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    It's a thing. Standard Action for +4 to AC.

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery

    Diamaante:
    You do not spy the dwarf's tablet. You may make a Perception check to see if you can see where it fell.

    Diamaante's successful DC 15 Perception check:
    You successfully spot it.

    Acquisitives

    Female Lashunta Envoy (Icon) 1 | SP 5/5, HP 10/10, RP 5/5, EAC 11, KAC 13, AC vs CM 21 | F -1, R +2, W +2 | Init +0 | Perc +4, Sense Motive +4+1d6 | Battery 10/20 charges

    Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    Nope!

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Kasatha Soldier (Sharpshooter)

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Idar is reluctant to start trading bullets into a gang war? street fight? for a variety of reasons, but this is going to get worse before it gets better.

    The android is clearly not part of either faction, but is going to get himself shot if he keeps taking potshots. Idar will take a shot at the same target at August.

    Inhale, sight, squee-CRACK!-ze, exhale.

    Rifle shot[/dice: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

    But the shot ricochets harmlessly off a crate.

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery

    A gunman from the same side as the android's target takes a single shot at August as he responds to his compatriot.

    "Mark 9! Check!"

    TB2 Ranged Attack on August: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d4 ⇒ 3

    The assailant fires his gun directly into the floor.

    Jaxom, it's your turn!

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    As he pulls out his Medkit, Jaxom responds to the lashunta's query, "I'm no doctor, but I may be the best chance that this fellow has at the moment."

    Jaxom gives the dwarf the once over, hoping to determine his status, staunch the bleeding, and save his life, although not necessarily in that order...

    Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

    Depending on the results of that check, I'll give an assessment and recommendations.

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery

    Jaxom sees the hole burnt through the dwarf's throat, and even before using his MedKit, thinks the worst. After a brief scan, his fears are confirmed.

    He's dead, Jim (Jaxom).

    Lasers dance across the room chaotically in a destructive dance.

    Round 3!

    Initiative Order:
  • TB3
  • TB1
  • TA2
  • TA1
  • TA3
  • Diamaante
  • August
  • Idar
  • Telion
  • TB2
  • Jaxom

  • GM rolls:
    GM roll TB3: 1d6 ⇒ 6
    GM roll TB1: 1d6 ⇒ 5
    GM roll TA2: 1d6 ⇒ 1
    GM roll TA1: 1d6 ⇒ 2
    GM roll TA3: 1d6 ⇒ 6

    Extra GM roll: 1d10 ⇒ 1

    TB3 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d4 ⇒ 1
    TB1 Ranged Attack on August: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d4 ⇒ 1 HIT!
    TA2 Ranged Attack on Diamaante: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d4 ⇒ 3 HIT!
    TA1 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d4 ⇒ 2
    TA3 Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 201d4 ⇒ 3

    A stray laser clips Diamaante in the shoulder as August takes a laser blast to the torso.

    August, Idar, and Telion may act!

    Dataphiles

    M Android Operative (Detective) | Level 1 | SP 7/7, HP 10/10, RP 2/4, EAC 14, KAC 15, AC vs CM 23| F +1 R +5 W +3| Init + 3 | Perc +6

    Saw the Jim quote coming sooner or later! I need to convince a player to name their PC Jim just so I can yell at him.

    So I have 6/7 stamina points right?

    Thank Abadar for at least one concerned citizen with a rifle. Now if only I could some more people into play before station security shows up.

    August will try full attacking the same thug.

    Attack (Tactical semi-auto pistol): 1d20 ⇒ 6 Nope!

    Attack(Tactical semi-auto pistol): 1d20 ⇒ 10 Uh, maybe? If they're in street clothes with negative dex somehow?

    Damage (Tactical semi-auto pistol): 1d6 ⇒ 2

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Kasatha Soldier (Sharpshooter)

    Everyone is shooting at everyone now. This was not how Idar's day was supposed to go.

    Time to thin some targets. Idar takes aim at the goons to the west side of the docking bay, squeezing off rapid shots.

    Trying out full attack. Same target if it doesn't drop. In case it matters, Sniper's Aim means his targets don't get the full benefit of cover.

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 4 = 171d8 ⇒ 5
    Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 31d8 ⇒ 3

    Looks like it doesn't matter who the second shot was aimed at.

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    "I fear this fellow is off to meet his gods. Should we leave?"


    Male Lashunta Solarian 1 | HP 11/11, SP 7/7 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1 | EAC 12, KAC 14 | Perc. +3 | Init +1

    Telion dropped off the unbreathing dwarf with the medic and turned, "I have to help stop this before someone else gets hurt." Seeing the kasatha trying to intercede, the lashunta sprinted towards the other group to help disrupt their attacks, drawing and firing his pistol as one of the combatants poked his head up.

    Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19, Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

    Fully graviton attuned.

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    Jaxom watched the lashunta rush off, "so I'll just stay here shall I?"

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery

    GM roll for Idar: 1d6 ⇒ 3
    GM roll for Telion: 1d6 ⇒ 6

    Idar's blast causes the recipient to yelp in pain. Telion also scores a blast on his target. Diamaante calls out - "Get 'em, boys!" - in a strangely-scripted tone, aiming a blast at the nearest thug on the east side.

    'Get 'em improvisation' in effect for one round - +1 to attack rolls against the gunman closest to Diamaante.

    Diamaante Ranged Attack on TB3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d4 ⇒ 4

    The damaya lashunta misses her target. August's original target, struck by a few laser blasts, plays it cautiously with only one attack as he pulls the android into focus.

    TB2 Ranged Attack on August: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d4 ⇒ 1 MISS!

    He continues to struggle with the finer points of his weapon - like actually using it effectively.

    Jaxom, it is your turn!

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    Jaxom will draw his pistol and cast daze on the one that shot August.

    DC 13 Will save

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery

    Daze has a 25ft range; you're more than 25ft away from any assailant. Want to do something else?

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Human Technomancer/1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 5/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +0 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

    Sure, I'll look for his tablet.

    Perception: 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 0 + 1 = 4

    Exo-Guardians

    Male Kasatha Soldier (Sharpshooter)

    Idar gets into the rhythm of shooting. Bolt. Aim. Squeeze. Bolt. Aim. Squeeze.

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 31d8 ⇒ 2
    Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 = 131d8 ⇒ 6

    Another full attack, working left to right if targets drop.

    Grand Lodge

    The Old Monastery

    Idar, your attack is out of Initiative order. I'll accept your rolls this time, but let's try and follow the Initiative order that I post at the top of each new round, please. Otherwise, CHAOS rules!

    1 to 50 of 1,188 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dinketry and the Dead Suns AP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.