GM Dennis - Professional Golfblin Association Desert Classic [closed] (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

A closed table playing Risen From the Sands

Maps


351 to 400 of 751 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

The purple skeleton steps forward to attack Oiur.

hot scimitar: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 6 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire.

hot claw: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9
ow!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire.

-----

Initiative

  • Red
  • Oiur
  • Eugressia
  • Ibb
  • Purple
  • Professor
  • Rowdy
  • Blue
  • Green
  • Yellow

    Professor and Rowdy may act.

  • The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    Oiur tries to interpose the earth breaker's haft between themself and the slashing scimitar, but they're too slow—a pained cry hitches their song, and the smell of scorched hide bursts into the hallway.
    Ow! 12 hp left (well 14, but 2's temp that'll go away when I fall unconscious)

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Rowdy fires at the pink skeleton as its scimitar hits Oiur!

    Arcane Gun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 vs touch AC Bullet: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Piercing and bludgeoning!

    ”Ain’t this more fun than pushin’ some damn buttons?”

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Rowdy's magical bullet smashes into the yellow flaming skeleton, obliterating it!

    Professor Lacrymose may act.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    EDIT: Rowdy's bullet destroyed the Pink/Purple skeleton, not the yellow one (sorry!).

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Moments before turning into a human torch, Ibb whoops across the room:

    Ya, better than thinkin' — that's for sure! Hey! Why's Prof just standin' there? His brain still thinkin' bout buttons!?

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    Sorry for the delay, all.

    The Professor retrieves and uses a Wand of Shield on himself.

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    A thing I forgot:
    When Rowdy destroys the skeleton attacking Oiur it explodes into a ball of flame, singeing Oiur!

    Fiery death: 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire damage to Oiur

    ---------

    The blue skeleton steps up to Oiur, swinging first its scimitar, then its fiery claw.

    Blue:
    hot scimitar: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
    ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 1 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire.
    hot claw: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10
    ow!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire.

    The other two attack the intruder, swinging at Ibb.

    Yellow:
    hot scimitar: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
    ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 6 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire.
    hot claw: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8
    ow!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire.

    Green:
    hot scimitar: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
    ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 1 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire.
    hot claw: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
    ow!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire.

    -------

    Initiative

  • Red
  • Oiur
  • Eugressia
  • Ibb
  • Purple
  • Professor
  • Rowdy
  • Blue
  • Green
  • Yellow

    Whole party may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Ibb turns to the skeleton that just swung at Oiur.

    Why you pick on Ouir?!

    He drops his butter knife and takes out his tenderizer as he furiously stalks up to Blue, right between the other two skeletons… Ibb will eat the 2 AOO's

    He accepts Ouir's song as he raises the heavy flail… AC=20

    Grand Lodge

    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    Don't explode Oiur! Let him get out of the way!

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Ibb freezes. The spiked tenderizer hangs on its chains in midair; he squints through the heat-waves at the burning skeleton. Wait for Oiur, Mr. Skelly. Then I'ma explode ya, K?

    Ready action: When Oiur moves at least 5' away from the skeleton, attack Blue.:

    MWK Heavy Flail +8 -1 Power Attack +1 Skald Song: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
    bludgeoning: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

    The Concordance

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    Ow again!

    Ibb sees Oiur's eyes go wide when flames burst from the skeleton, catching them full in the face. They hiss in pain and surprise, and retreat to the hallway; their feet on stone simultaneously beat a hasty retreat and bracing rhythm.

    Withdraw, song's still up
    And a gentle reminder—Oiur uses they/their (o'-')b

    Grand Lodge

    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    Oops. Sorry!

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    The heat from the creatures is brutal and relentless, burning both Oiur and Ibb.

    Oiur start of turn:
    Hot!: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    Ibb start of turn:
    Hot! Hot!: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 <--Meh, not so hot.

    ----

    The two skeletons near him swing as Ibb wheels and moves back toward the party, seeking to aid Oiur, but neither is able to connect.

    AoO (yellow): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
    ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 3 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire.
    AoO (green): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
    ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 slashing plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire.

    When Oiur steps back, Ibb brings a heavy flail down upon the skeleton, 'tenderizing' it across the room in a ball of fire that nearly takes the big man's eyebrows off.

    Fiery death!: 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire damage to Ibb.

    Blue is down. Rowdy, Eugressia, and ProLac may act.

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    No worries, Doug!

    The skin of Oiur's face is already taking on an unhealthy flushed look. They crouch around the corner, leaning against a depiction of the pharaoh before his atrocious tomb was ever built.

    5/20hp! Next round I'll probably be wanding myself.
    Oh, thing I forgot—I have saving finale now; if someone within 30 feet fails a save, I can end my song to let them reroll it.

    The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

    Eugressia moves up for a better line of sight, glancing worriedly at Oiur as she passes them.

    magic missile vs. green: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Ack! Still forgot part of it! This is what I get for posting before coffee.

    Oiur reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
    Ibb reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

    Alright, it didn't end up mattering in this case, but when they explode you should get a DC 11 reflex save to halve the damage.

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Eugressia's missile streaks past her allies, impacting squarely on the green skeleton, which explodes in a ball of fire and bone fragments! Green is down.

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    ”Hang in there Oiur!” Rowdy moves in and fires at yellow!

    Arcane Gun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 vs touch AC Bullet: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Piercing and bludgeoning!

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Rowdy steps in and fires, but in his effort to avoid hitting Ibb he also avoids hitting the skeleton. You think you might have hit, if not for the cover Ibb provides.

    Professor Lacrymose may act.

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    If that’s the case, I have the movement to step forward one or two more squares. I was hoping to avoid cover.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Retcon:

    Rowdy is about to fire, then reconsiders his positioning, stepping forward a few more feet to get a clear shot around Ibb. His shot impacts the skeleton, destroying it in a burst of flame!

    Fiery death!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Ibb Reflex DC 11 for half.

    Out of combat!

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    The professor steps towards Ouir, pulls his wand of healing off of his bandolier, and uses it on them.

    "Allow me."

    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Thanks Dennis!

    ”Sorry there Ibb. Hope you’re not too singed up. Speakin’ a which, how’s Oiur?”

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    The Professor's magic returns Oiur's skin to its pale, unburnt hue. Still rattled, they perform the same process with their own wand; the cough of its activation is the final note in their song, and the droning note fades from the hall. Two charges. They nod at the Professor, stand with a wince, and put a hand to their chest.

    Emerald eyes beneath a furrowed brow look up at Rowdy. "Fine enough, I suppose. I have—ah!" The motion of returning their wand to its pouch elicits a hiss of pain. "Haven't been in a situation quite like this, I guess." They grimace. "The engagements up north, they were certainly violent. But I was with multiple bands of Pathfinders, and it was all... less personal? More people, more... dissociative, given the large scale of the engagements. I personally never got so hurt, so quickly, in such a variety of ways."

    From their pain emerges a rueful smile. "It looks like you all are used to this. I guess this is what it means to be a Pathfinder." They clang a knuckle against Ibb's armor. "Maybe this tomb'll provide enough that I can buy more substantial armor. What I've got has sentimental value," they say, gesturing to their singed and slashed hides, "but it's falling apart, and clearly inadequate."

    "Anyways. I think I'm ready. Maybe those blasted skeletons have something worth taking, eh?"

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

    Nice and hot like the sawmill Irp and I visited after we went golfblin.

    Obb will use 2 more charges off his wand to heal to full (3HP were temporary). 14 charges total used.

    The Concordance

    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

    Eugressia gives Oiur a serious look. "It is indeed a dangerous profession that we've chosen. Four left for my Confirmation, but only three returned. A simple test, but a surprise beast appeared more deadly than our leader expected, and Mar...Merisiel was struck down."

    She pauses, then continues. "All we can do is work together and protect each other. Ask for help when we need it, and offer help generously." She smiles slightly. "We have a good team here, who I trust to get us all through whatever comes our way."

    No one needs to worry about Merisiel; she was a pre-gen to fill in a three-player party.

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    I was the one who made her try to acrobatics past that thing and get crit… good times. I don't even know which character that chronicle's on… but it isn't Ibb :(

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Two F2F games today, so I'll get the next post up tonight or tomorrow morning. Am I right in assuming you're going through the other door in this room, after looking carefully at it first?

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |
    Eugressia Biogon wrote:

    Eugressia gives Oiur a serious look. "It is indeed a dangerous profession that we've chosen. Four left for my Confirmation, but only three returned. A simple test, but a surprise beast appeared more deadly than our leader expected, and Mar...Merisiel was struck down."

    She pauses, then continues. "All we can do is work together and protect each other. Ask for help when we need it, and offer help generously." She smiles slightly. "We have a good team here, who I trust to get us all through whatever comes our way."

    No one needs to worry about Merisiel; she was a pre-gen to fill in a three-player party.

    Oiur gives Eugressia a long, concerned look, but eventually returns her small smile. "You're right. I'm lucky I'm with you lot for this one. Can't say I've met many other Pathfinder who I trust as much." Suddenly self conscious, they divert their attention to the painted walls.

    "Well. Best find out what else the good pharaoh left for us." Their smile twists when the weight of their earth breaker strains their injuries, but Oiur looks ready.

    Yep, my vote is check the skeletons/skeleton room for useful or interesting things plus traps (taking 20), and then onwards through the skeleton room door!

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    The sparse sandstone walls and floor of this room contain nothing of interest but a plain stone door continuing onward. You carefully examine that portal, finding now hidden dangers, before Ibb throws it open. The room ahead could not be more different than the one that precedes it: sumptuous hanging silks, plush cushions, and patterned rugs decorate this luxurious chamber. A cool breeze bearing the mingled scent of lotus flowers and perfume wafts through the room. The distant notes of a lively tune plucked out on a lyre are accompanied by the sounds of trickling water, birdsong, and feminine laughter.

    Before you in this lavishly appointed chamber stand two women, dressed in similar finery. They have welcoming smiles and beckon for you to enter.

    Ancient Osiriani:
    ”Welcome, weary travelers! Please, come in and join us. Have some wine, and some fruit. Come in, come in!”

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    Though the cool breeze is a welcome respite from sweat and dead tomb air, Oiur’s wide eyes almost immediately narrow.

    ”This is immensely suspicious.”

    Though they don’t understand the women’s language, they scrutinize both them and the oddly luxurious room.
    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

    The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

    I can try to use spell recollection for comprehend languages, but I'm waiting to see if anyone else knows Ancient Osiriani or knows the spell first.

    Eugressia eyes the room warily, trying to determine if there is magic involved.

    Casting detect magic.

    Dark Archive

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    The professor's face lights up at their words. "Ah! Finally - some civilized hospitality." He trundles in.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Are these the mommies?

    As he watches the professor trundle in, Ibb's eyes dart around. Don't look like no civilian hospital to me. But I could use some lunch… hope they got pancakes. He follows closely behind.

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Rowdy takes his hat off and gives the women a wide smile.

    In modern Osiriani: ”Now, what would two beautiful ladies like yourselves be doin’ all the way out here?”

    His other hand drops to his pistol handle.

    Clearly nothing to be suspicious about...

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    "Professor, Ibb—this doesn't strike you as at all out of place!? This tomb's been buried for centuries!" Oiur remains just beyond the doorway, looking around nervously.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Ibb shrugs. No one's hittin' me; he points to his feet on the floor: and, I'm in place.

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Ancient Osiriani:
    "It's so nice to have visitors! We've been so bored. Please, tell us about yourselves. I'm Bastetabi, and this is Senenetka. Who are you?"

    They seem pleasant and friendly, and genuinely glad to see you. One picks up a tray of fruit, offering it to the Professor and Ibb as they enter; the other holds out a large goblet of wine.

    When the manifestations of Eugressia's spell begin, they seem slightly alarmed, but still friendly once they see no ill effects.

    Eugressia:
    You detect strong illusion magic.

    Rowdy's words catch their attention, but they don't seem to be able to comprehend them entirely.

    Ancient Osiriani:
    [b]"You speak very strangely, though not so oddly as your companions. Please, come in and sit!"

    GM Screen:

    Will saves:
    Ibb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
    Oiur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
    Rowdy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Professor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    Eugressia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    Rowdy:
    You walk in to the room, and suddenly you can see through all of the trappings to the bare, sandstone walls behind. You can see through the furnishings to the two simple wooden sarcophagi. You can see through the two beautiful women to the undead creatures behind.

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Rowdy blinks to clear his eyes and make sure they aren’t tricking him. Then he puts his hat back on and asks:

    ”You all seein’ what I’m seein’? Two undead creatures an’ a couple a sarcophagi?”

    Can he use knowledge religion to identify the undead?

    The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

    ”There is a great deal of illusion magic here!”

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Ibb looks confused. Just hospital people, Badger. They doctorin' just like normal, talkin' buncha words nobody understands. But I like illusions!

    He turns to the woman with the grapes and points to his chest, enunciating each word loudly and slowly:

    I. AM. IBB.
    He points at his head.
    THIS. IS. DUMB. BIRDIE.
    He gets savagely pecked on the head.
    THIS. IS. IRP.
    He gestures at the whole party.
    WE. FIGHT. TRIANGLES. MOM-MIES. FUR-NI-TURE. MUD-RAS.
    He looks at the fruit and shakes his head in disapproval.
    DO. YOU. HAVE. PAN-CAKES.

    Grand Lodge

    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    Ibb… right now, maybe you should be stuffing your mouth full of grapes wine instead of talking.

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    "Undead and illusion. I knew this wasn't right. Doesn't seem like the understand us—give the word when we're going to start fighting. Maybe we can get the drop on them." Oiur smirks. "Last time the code word was pancakes, but I think we may need a different one now. Flapjacks?"

    The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

    Eugressia stares at the scene, trying to see through to what Rowdy describes, but only able to see the opulent vision.

    "What...what should we do?"

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    The Professor is happily helping himself to the gifts offered by the two women, chatting amiably in Ancient Osiriani. "It's so nice to converse with someone other than my colleagues at the university in this language."

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Do we have a map for this room yet, 'cause Rowdy's not going to let his friends fall for these undead shenanigans!

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    GM Screen:

    Will saves:
    Ibb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
    Irp: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    Oiur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
    Rowdy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
    Professor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
    Eugressia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

    Hearing Rowdy's alarm, coupled with Eugressia's report of illusion, the scenery suddenly fades for the rest of you. The wine turns to dust in the Professor's mouth, the grapes in Ibb's become hunks of desiccated flesh. The opulent furniture fades leaving bare sandstone walls and two plain, wooden sarcophagi, and the two beautiful, friendly women suddenly appear as rotting corpses. Seeing the growing alarm on your faces they yell, then move to attack!

    Ancient Osiriani:
    "Fine! All we wanted was entertainment, but now we shall destroy you!"

    -----

    GM Screen:

    Initiative:
    Oiur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
    Ibb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
    Eugressia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
    Rowdy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
    Professor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    white: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
    blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

    Can’t we just be friends?

  • Ibb
  • Oiur
  • Eugressia
  • Professor
  • Bestetabi (white)
  • Senenetka (blue)
  • Rowdy

    Ibb, Our, Eugressia, and the Professor may act.

  • The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    "Flapjacks!" shouts Oiur. The percussive sibilance of the last syllable transitions to the bracing drone of their song. Adrenaline floods their body, already on edge from the suspicious circumstances, and they bolt past Rowdy and into the room, earth breaker raised.

    Steppin' in, song begin: +2 Str/Con, +1 Will, –1 AC, no concentration, etc etc.

    Dark Archive

    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    The Professor is VERY disappointed in this turn of events. "Can't we have just ONE NICE THING!"

    The Professor takes a 5 foot step backwards, retrieves a vial of Holy Water, and lobs it at the corpse he had been closest to.

    Ranged Touch vs White: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
    Holy Water Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

    351 to 400 of 751 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.