GM Dennis - Professional Golfblin Association Desert Classic [closed] (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

A closed table playing Risen From the Sands

Maps


251 to 300 of 751 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Time to detector, Ibb style. Ibb flexes his muscles.

I'm out so feel free to move ibb on the map.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy will join Ibb.

”Alright, Ibb, let’s try and do a better job this time. We ain’t afraid a no boats, right?”

Rowdy detects for magic in the room.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Rowdy:
You sense one magical aura. Concentrating, it resolves into a moderate transmutation aura somewhere on the eastern (nearer) boat. You get a +4 on the perception check below, as you are already looking in the correct area as you concentrate to resolve the aura.

Perception 15:
You see a small bag wedged between the reeds that make up the southern side of the boat.

Rowdy only ---v:

Spoiler:
This is the source of the magical aura you spotted.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Tell me where you are going, and whether you're searching the boats or going around them.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy will focus his attention on the nearest boat.

”I’m detectin’ sometin’ magic in that closest boat.”

Percption: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

This RNG...

Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Ibb thunders up next to Rowdy.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Nothin but junk, Rowdy. Why'd they send us here? His feet start running in place. I'm 'bout to smash some more furniture. They stop. Are boats furniture?

Dennis — can Irp roll perception?

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

"Magic, you say? Let me check." The professor pulls out his wand of Detect Magic

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"Ah! How curious." The professor reaches out with the end of his wand, to hold up the item.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates
Sir Ibb wrote:
Dennis — can Irp roll perception?

Sure.

Grand Lodge

TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

Irpception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

The bird pretends to groom itself, while surreptitiously observing whether Lacrymose also noted the small bag wedged into the boat's reeds.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Eugressia, entranced by the wall carvings, notices nothing.

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"Some sort of bag? What's in it, Professor?"

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

"Let's find out, shall we?" The professor sets the bundle on the ground next to the boat and opens it up.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

The bag is full of fine powder.

detect magic and Spellcraft DC 26:

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"Hmmm... some sort of substance, but I'm not recognizing these auras immediately. Does anyone else want to take a look?"

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"I have no idea, but did you see these carvings over here?"

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

The Professor and Eugressia examine the bag of fine, dry, dusty powder, but are unable to determine its use.

Examine the boats? Go around to the next room?

Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Maybe it's powdered sugar! Should I taste it? Ibb licks his lips. Perhaps Rowdy or Oiur can spellcraft the sugar instead

Ibb uses his hands to root around in the boats for more treasure.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The bird, on his shoulder, looks for shinies.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Ibb begins to paw through the boats, looking for treasure and/or pancakes. The sudden motion of his 'subtle' examination disturbs a colony of beetles which come pouring out of the western boat, covering Ibb from head to toe! No surprise round since the Ibb and Irp both rolled decent (or better) perception, but the beetles beat you in initiative. The beetles are fine sized, so weapons won't work.

swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Plus two fortitude saves, please Ibb.

What are they? Knowledge (nature) DC 13:
This is a swarm of scarab beetles (fine-sized vermin). They have swarm traits and often carry disease. One more question for every 5 by which you beat the DC (though there's not much more to know).

-----

GM Screen:

Initiative:
Oiur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Ibb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Eugressia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Rowdy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Professor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
?: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Roll off:
Oiur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Rowdy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Initiative:

  • Swarm
  • Professor
  • Rowdy
  • Oiur
  • Ibb
  • Eugressia

    Party may act.

  • The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    I'll roll Spellcraft &c after the fight!
    Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    "Scarab beetles! Who knows what sort disease they carry, living in this tomb!"

    "Sorry in advance, Ibb!" Oiur removes a flask of acid from their belt pouch and hucks it at the writhing mass of chitin.

    Still jittery from the tomb's dangers, Oiur fumbles the throw with a curse; the flask shatters against the western wall, spilling its caustic contents on the unfathomably precious relief.

    Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 :|
    Scatter direction: 1d8 ⇒ 3

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Oh boy.

    fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
    fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

    Grand Lodge

    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    Much bigger and meaner than the bugs in our apartment. Maybe you should consider a cleaner, more cautious lifestyle.

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    I'll wash the — owwwwww — dishes if we get home — eeeeeeee — promise!

    Ibb probably can't effectively get away from the swarm with 20' of movement, so please feel free to throw alchemist fires while it chases him around on this side of the room. Fire is probably better than whatever horrible disease these things carry.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Being covered in beetles is distracting to Ibb, conjuring images of critters coming for his pancakes! You are nauseated, but thus far don't feel any lasting effects from the bugs beyond that.

    The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

    Eugressia moves up, pulling a flask of acid from her pack.

    Aiming for the northwest corner

    acid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    Well, this is promising.

    Miss direction: 1d8 ⇒ 3

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Eugressia's flask also misses the swarm, but lands close enough to splash onto it. Unfortunately for Ibb, it also lands close enough to splash onto him.

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    The professor hesitates, considering the potential loss of historical material in his next move. Then, with a grimace, he pulls another clay pot from his pack and throws it at the furthest corner of the swarm of beetles.

    Artoku's Fire attack vs Touch: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22
    Artoku's Fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
    Splash: 1d6 ⇒ 6

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Moved the swarm slightly to show that they were on Ibb. Speaking of which, Ibb you made your fort saves but I don't think you actually took a turn. You're nauseated, but you can still take a move action to get out of the swarm.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    Disease!? Ibb! Remember when you ate those 9-month old pancakes that were sitting on your sunny windowsill, and how you had to drink special medicine to feel better? I packed some for you… drink it!

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Awww… owww… gross!

    Ibb pulls out his vial of Antiplague. move action

    Ibb can't move far enough to escape so bolstering his fort saves seems like a good idea; feel free to light him on fire in the name of swarm killin'

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Fort Saves ahead of time; I may be away:

    Same order as Dennis had Ibb roll each before makes sense (I believe it was disease 1st, then nauseated
    fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
    fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Ibb:
    That's what I did last time, mostly because I hadn't specified and it was more beneficial to you. Let's stick with that order.

    Professor Lacrymose draws a rather more potent concoction, hurling it at the back corner of the swarm. His attack is right on target, exploding in a splash of white-hot liquid that decimates the swarm. It's not entirely dispersed, but it doesn't seem far off. The reed boat rocks with the blast, and as the smoke fades you can see some scorch marks, but it seems to remain mostly intact.

    The swarm spreads to another nearby target, engulfing Eugressia as well as Ibb! At the thought of taking gross medicine, Ibb manages to shake off the nausea and any other effect that might occur aside from the damage. Eugressia, please make me two Fortitude saves.

    swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Swarm
  • Professor
  • Rowdy
  • Oiur
  • Ibb
  • Eugressia

    Party may act.

  • The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

    Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
    Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

    Eugressia holds her breath and closes her eyes as the beetles engulf her. She hurries out of the affected area. on my phone. Can someone move up out of the swarm away from everyone else?

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Moved you 20ft, will move you another 10 if you'd like. Eugressia passed her Fort saves, so you still have a standard action.

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    After this combat, I'd like to take some time to whip up some additional alchemical weapons.

    Artoku's Fire: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

    The swarm continues to burn as the Professor takes a step to the side and begins writing down his observations.

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Dennis::

    ]Makes sense, Dennis. For multiple rolls doing the exact same order as what was established in the first place (whatever that may be), makes the most sense.

    Does a 13 beat the nauseate?

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    That's exactly the DC.

    The continued flame of the artoku's fire finally disperses the swarm of beetles, the remaining insects scurrying individually away to safety.

    Out of combat.

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    "Well, that was an adventure." The professor goes to check the boat for damage.

    "I say, the likelihood that we encounter more of such creatures seems more than a little high. Would we like to take a small break so I can craft some solutions?"

    It would take me about 10 minutes to make an Alchemist's Fire. Do we have 20-30 minutes?

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    You have no real external time pressure. As far as you know, no one is in the pyramid besides you, and the odds of someone else arriving in the next 30 minutes are pretty low, made worse by the stone portcullis that dropped down behind you.

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    Oiur brings a hand to their mouth and coughs in disgust at the stink and crackle of burning carapace, eyebrows raised and brow furrowed. "Good thing you're here, Professor. And yes, take however much time you need. I think we'll want you ready in case more of these things show up."

    They say all this as they once again walk up to Ibb and extend a hand. "At this ate I'm going to get a wand-shaped callus. You don't look too much the worse for wear, though." I'll use the wand if you need it!

    That done, they turn their attention to the bag the Professor found tucked into the boat's reeds. They hum and concentrate as they jostle its contents, but end their brief tune on a sour note. "Nope, no clue. Not the most successful outing on my part." They gently bounce the bag on their hand, and go to investigate the acid damage on the wall's naval depiction. "Don't even know what this boat stuff is about. And I feel like I should. Maybe I ate some 9-month pancakes without realizing it..."

    Detect magic and Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
    Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    After hearing assent to his proposal, the Professor busies himself setting up what apparatus he could fit in his pouch once more. Several paper parcels of various powders, the retort from earlier, some empty flasks, and a small mortar and pestle are laid out on the nearest flat surface.
    "Let's see... some magnesium, a little spirit of wine... and urea for the suspension... good." As the vials bubble or congeal, he busies himself examining, sharpening, and re-applying various substances on sharp implements around him.

    "There we are! It's much more efficient to perform these things within the confines of the laboratory, but it should suffice for now."

    Alchemist's Fire 3/3

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    Done with ancient artwork, Oiur watches the Professor's processes. "Professor, maybe... maybe don't say 'urea' too loud around Ibb. Call it a hunch; you've seen how enthusiastic he can be."

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Rowdy grins and slaps Ibb on the back. “I don’t know what you were thinkin’ lookin’ around in those boats. But that look on yer face when you saw them bugs was worth more ‘n any a this old junk!”

    He turns to the professor then. ”Lemme take a gander at that pouch I found.”

    Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

    ”Meh, prolly some decomposed magic item.”

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    "Ah, yes. Very wise, Oiur."

    Is there anything left to inspect in this room?

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Nope, just the dry, dusty powder in a small bag. It's too bad none of you can identify that dry, dusty powder.

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    It’s either sand with magic aura cast on it, or it’s silicate gel like they put in beef jerky and stuff!

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    There are two boats. The first is for the Pharoah, the second is for afterlife jerky.

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    "Well then," the Professor says as he finishes putting away his items. "Shall we continue?"

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    They unfasten the hammer from their back. "I suppose I'm as ready as I can be."

    Whoops, misread my performance rounds as my HP :| Oh, and I would've recovered my bolas from the mimic!

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Looking West down the corridor you see a closed stone door. Another passageway leads to the North.

    251 to 300 of 751 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.