GM Dennis - Professional Golfblin Association Desert Classic [closed] (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

A closed table playing Risen From the Sands

Maps


151 to 200 of 751 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

As the pyramid rolls down the hall at him, Ibb crouches low to the ground, palming the butt of his butter knife, muscles tensed. At the last moment he leaps up while pushing it forward with all his might.

Nodachi+9, Power attack-1, raging song+1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

damage (braced): 2d10 + 20 - 8 ⇒ (6, 3) + 20 - 8 = 21

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy throws the tanglefoot bag!

tanglefoot bag: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 vs touch AC

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 <--not glued to floor

Like a wave hitting a jetty, the pyramid crashes into Ibb's braced position, impaling itself on the nodachi and beginning to crumble. Rowdy's tanglefoot bag strikes true and slows the creature enough that it grinds to a halt. It no longer has enough movement to get to a legal square past Ibb and Rowdy.

Still up, but badly damaged. Whole party may act.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

Eugressia screws up her face again, concentrating. Luckily, the missiles come more easily the second time.

magic missile!: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

As Eugressia's precisely-placed missiles strike the pyramid, the force propagates along the deep cracks already formed by Ibb's blow. The flaws quickly grow until they reach the far side and the pyramid, smashing the creature into jagged lumps of stone scattered across the long hallway!

Out of combat!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Ibb peers down into the rubble; rocks and dust shower to the ground when he rubs his head.

Badger I thought you said there's little mommy inside. He pokes about with his butter knife. Do you think it drove around its house like a little golfblin runnin' in a little wheel? He pauses. Well, if it got away I guess that's okay: killing mommies isn't very nice.

He kneels to begin scraping up the "syrup" with his butter knife, frowning in disappointment when he sees that is isn't salvagable. A tiny label flutters to the ground. It reads

WARNING: DO *** EAT

— there are peck marks obscuring a single word on the label.

Seeing that his syrup is ruined, Ibb turns his attention to healing himself. As he holds the wand in front of his face, Irp darts down onto his hand, and pecks him on the nose with a stern look. He sadly hands the wand over to be healed.

3 charges; 5 used total

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

The professor, bracing himself for impact as the pyramid careened towards him once again, is relieved to find that it never quite makes it. Dusting himself off, he once again applies the curative wand to himself, and looks around to see if anyone else needs it.

Wand of CLW 47/50

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

The clatter of stone on stone gives way to the blood pounding in Oiur's temples. Scrabbling at their pouch, they remove the wand and speak its command word. Three bursts of breath, three transferences of energy. Their pulse slows, their vision exits its cramped and ringing tunnel. They slide down the wall, resting on their haunches amongst the dust and panic. The song has faded, energy and commitment no longer pushing against and through their throat, but their life remains. For now.

"Did you get it?"

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

”Now that was some teamwork!” Rowdy grins from underneath his wide brimmed hat. ”Sorry there Ibb. I got a feelin’ we’s gonna find us a mummy here somewhere though.”

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Oiur's breathing grows more steady. They push themself up from their crouch and walk to Ibb. They put a hand on his shoulder; he turns and uncrosses his eyes, focusing on Oiur's face instead of the comparatively tiny wand gripped before him in two meaty fists. They hold out a hand for the wand, and when he drops it into their open palm, uses it to mend his wounds.

"Whatever we find, I hope it's not as bad as that. Maybe I'm not cut out for this line of work..." Oiur is clearly shaken.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Ibb slaps Oiur on the shoulder. S'okay. Your song's the best! 'Member the time I got tricked that Irp died, but you didn't get scared, and you mashed the hobgolfblin lady? Well, maybe you tried to mash her and missed, I was busy runnin' away and cryin, but you didn't get scared, and we all we all won together. And then we got thirsty, and then we got somethin' to drink, and then we ate pancakes for dinner. Those were real good pancakes. We'll all eat the pancakes together later, no matter what, so don't worry.

He looks despondent. Even if the mommy used up all my syrup.

Grand Lodge

TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

Meanwhile the thrush pokes its beak about the rubble, looking for shiny loot. Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

Irp pokes around the rubble, looking for loot, finding nothing but now-inanimate stone.

Push on? Do you want to rest overnight?

Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Ibb would vote to push on; he hasn't used any resources.

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Oiur smiles at Ibb wanly. "I'm sure you're right. I'm just surprised at how vicious this has been, I suppose." They gingerly touch the quickly fading bruise on their cheek and survey the group's wounds. "I... I think I'm ready. How are the rest of you?"
I vote continue!

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdys shifts the toothpick in his mouth, a look of concern on his face.

"I get what yer sayin', Oiur. If we work together, like we just did, I think we'll be fine. An' besides, I don't think we can get ourselves back out the way we came..."

Rowdy votes to continue.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

Eugressia smiles at Oiur. "Don't worry! I often find I can remember just the right thing, in the nick of time."

Eugressia is good to continue! Plus, she now knows magic missile for the rest of the day!

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

Same marching formation as before? Any changes to your general procedures?

After a minute or two of walking you reach the terminus of the long causeway, where a pair of heavy stone doors carved with images of rampant sphinxes stand.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy detects the doors for magic and traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

He finds neither. The doors look to be made of very solid (and very heavy) stone.

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

Not trusting the prior examinations, the Professor will also take a look, after re-applying substances to his two weapons.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Concentrated Red Tears 4/6

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy tips back his hat.

"Looks pretty clear to me. Ibb you wanna try to find some traps?"

Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Ibb spends a couple minutes doing situps, pushups, and squats before spitting into his hands and placing one on each door, attempting to push them open as hard as he possibly can with brute force.

Detectorin’ (Take 20): 20 + 4 = 24

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

Ibb groans, his muscles straining (particularly the one between his ears) as he 'looks for traps' . Even his mighty, pancake-fueled bulk, though, is unable to budge the heavy doors, stuck shut by the passing millennia. There's room for one more if someone wants to help him.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

The Professor begins studying the walls, looking for anything interesting.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy will help!

Push (Take 20): 20 + 0 = 20

”Need more pancakes.”

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

At the mention of pancakes, Ibb's effort doubles. Combined with Rowdy's strength, they easily push open the large stone doors.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

Through the open doorway, tall, pink granite columns, carved and painted to resemble palm trees, stand around the perimeter of this chamber, supporting the barrel vault of the ceiling. Slabs of the same pink granite line the walls. A stone sarcophagus stands alone on the limestone floor in the center of the room. Beyond, a dark doorway leads deeper into the pyramid to the west.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

”I don’t know about you all, but on the list of 5000 things I ain’t in a rush to approach, a stone sarcophagus in the middle of an ancient pyramid is pretty high on the list.”

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

GM Screen. Don't worry about it, I'm sure it's nothing. :):

Perception:
Oiur: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Ibb: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Eugressia: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Rowdy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23+1 vs traps
Professor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

<=== Now in even less of a rush lol

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

GM Screen. Really, don't worry about it. Everything is fine:
without modifier: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Spoiler:

Pre-rolling Next Initiative:
Oiur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Ibb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Eugressia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Rowdy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Professor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
WTF?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

So, what's the plan? Go examine the sarcophagus? Skirt around the outside of the room to the other side? Stand here in the doorway forever? Run away screaming?

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Gun in hand, Rowdy attempts to stealth to the end of the hall, stopping at the edge of the room.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

So....tempting...

The professor, very cautiously and quietly, checking everything from the door frame to the stone just inside, makes his way to the nearest column.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

Rowdy and Professor Lacrymose decide to pre-empt Ibb's detectoring by stealthily moving ahead. It's a good thing for Ibb that they did, too, when they save him from discovering the hard way the hidden pit-trap just inside the door....by triggering it themselves (I rolled perception for Rowdy in one of the spoilers above).

DC 20 Reflex to avoid falling into a 30ft deep pit and taking 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5 falling damage.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Of course you did... lol

Reflex!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

”Look out!” Rowdy nimbly jumps away as the pit opens beneath his feet.

Does he end up back where he started or can he land on the other side?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

You're as good as me at detectorin', Badger!

Ibb will likewise congratulate the professor, and drop his rope down if needed.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

sotto voice: He'd of found the spikes at the bottom, too, though…

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

You can land on either side. You know, if you really want to be all alone on the side with the sarcophagus... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Not so much.

The professor, looking more than a little irritated, pokes himself with the CLW wand again and climbs up Ibb's proffered rope.

Wand of CLW : 46/50

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy jumps to the other side! He ain't afraid!

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve | Merchant's Wake || Spell Templates

Rowdy stands alone on the inside edge of the pit, an ornate sarcophagus mere yards away, beckoning him to come find out what riches may lay within....

How are the rest of you getting across, and what do you want to do next?

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

Eugressia approaches the edge of the pit, and tumbles in. Instead of plummeting to the bottom, she wafts gently and safely downward.

Airy Step: Ignore the first 30 ft of any fall.

"Rowdy, can you throw a rope down?"

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

”Sure thing!”

Rowdy throws down a rope.

”You made that look pretty easy. Anyone else wanna jump down there?”

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

The Professor, grumbling, climbs back down the rope on one side, and back up the other side.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Watch me fly like a birdie!

Ibb moves back to get a running start, and attempts to leap across.

Acrobatics -5: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (6) - 5 = 1

Falling, he hears the bird cackling, and has visions of similar foibles from his last adventure. He briefly wonders what he keeps going doing wrong before the ground knocks all the thoughts out of his brain.

falling: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) = 12

After climbing up the other side, he'll use 3 charges off his wand… with help.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy winces as he watches Ibb land with a thud against the bottom of the pit.

""I ain't never seen a bird fly like that."

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

"You know, Ibb, I have an alienist colleague you might find very helpful," the Professor says as he pulls himself up the ledge to join Rowdy. He adjusts his spectacles and gives the perimeter another look, searching carefully for seams such as the one they just found.

If no one objects, I would really like to take our time and carefully move forward from now on. So. Many. Traps.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

That sounds like an excellent idea.

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

Anyone else? GM, can we take 20 on checking whenever we say "searching carefully" from now on?

151 to 200 of 751 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.