GM Dennis - Professional Golfblin Association Desert Classic [closed] (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

A closed table playing Risen From the Sands

Maps


51 to 100 of 751 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

"Ah, yes, quite. Of course, that would be a terrible thing, and best avoided. Still, it never hurts to be prepared for any eventuality..." the Professor trails off.

Turning to Rowdy, the Professor gives him a disinterested once over, then settles on the various alchemical substances attached to his person. At those, his eyes light up. "Ah! A student of the alchemical arts! Did you make those yourself?"

Later...

The Professor greets Oiur as they exit the tent. He has added a large-brimmed straw hat to his earlier ensemble One wonders if there is a Panama analogue on Golarion, somewhere. "Excellent choice! Cotton -- cotton breathes! Still, you might want to look into a magical effect that allows you to endure the worst of the elements. I'd offer one of my own preparations, but the results tend to be... unpredictable... for others."

Thanks - it's much easier to do in person, GM can attest to. I'll really do my best and please feel free to tell me to dial it back. Also, the suit is my own take on a hot-weather outfit.

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

"Oh, this lot's no stranger to extreme conditions; we were in the Land of the Linnorm Kings and Irrisen the first time we met. Not exactly temperate. Assuming Eugressia's desk wasn't in the furnace, she might even still have that wand we got!"

Oiur turns to the the sylph, her hair frolicking in a localized breeze. "Remember? You bought it shortly before we set out on the river."

They elbow Rowdy. "Let some of us stand on deck and gaze into our navals long after sensible people would've retreated below."

Grand Lodge

"Fine, fine, do whatever preparations you need, but don't take long! Who knows what other miscreants are already on their way to loot that pyramid!"

You have time to buy whatever you'd like. Sothis is a big port city, so you can find whatever you're looking for.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Today, you shop and RP. Tonight you reach the pyramid!

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

”I do, indeed! We can withstand the cold! I mean, the heat!”

I don’t think I need to buy anything, but I’ll take one more look for any good consumables.

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

The Professor takes a peek inside the secret compartment of his pouch, and makes a quick accounting of his current set of "materials".

I may update my poison set & alchemical items. I'm going to take 10 on the rolls, should I list them here, in discussion, or elsewhere?

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

I trust you to accurately deduct the cost of crafting and such. If you don't need to roll, don't worry about it (unless you want it recorded on your chronicle, in which case PM me a list or post it here).

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

Thanks. I have an inventory spreadsheet I use for Draxus, starting one for the professor. I'll share the link with you and we can write up the inventory tracking sheet at the end.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Two weeks have passed since you began. You traveled from Sothis to the caravan city of Eto, and south into the desert. Your journey through the Parched Dunes was difficult under the harsh rays of an unforgiving sun and stinging windswept sand. Thankfully all of your camels survived and most of the travel was uneventful. Now finally through the sandy haze you gaze upon the object of your quest.

An incredible man-made mountain, the pyramid rises out of the desert sands, a relic of an earlier age. Its limestone casing blocks are weathered from millennia of scouring sands, but the structure seems solid and intact. A stone wall, buttressed by drifts of sand, surrounds the entire structure. No visible entrances to the pyramid’s interior can be seen.

To the east stands a squat stone building, connected to the pyramid by a long, covered causeway. A wide portico in this building opens to the east, its ceiling supported by two rows of red granite columns. A dark passage leads deeper into the temple to the west.

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

Professor Lacrymose begins sketching from atop his camel. "Simply astounding. A real testament to the ancient magics."

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Oh, Dennis, I should let you know that Rowdy has Alarm Sense now, which works as the Trap Spotter talent but for magical traps only. It gives a perception check within 10 feet of a magical trap. This check should be made in secret by the GM.

Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Ibb spits in the sand. S'Okay… don't really see why everyone think these dead builders so smart. They coulda build it closer. Out here in the middle o' nowhere? Stupid.

He shrugs and trudges toward the shade of the portico.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Gee, Rowdy, I can't imagine why you think that might be relevant for this adventure...

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

"It's the journey, Ibb, not the destination." Their voice emerges from the bright red shroud covering all but their eyes, which they shield as they crane their neck back to look up the structure's imposing surface. "Though the destination's certainly impressive."

They run a hand between pack strap and sweat-stiffened tunic, then follow Ibb.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

That morning, during the trip, the professor works on his daily crossword.

"Tell me, Eugressia, any thoughts on what the answer to this one could be? 11 letters, 'This wise diamond holds a scaly secret'"

Intelligence: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Ah! Of course. So simple."

The Professor has succeeded at his puzzle book, so I get to once in the next 24 hrs roll twice on a Disable Device, Knowledge, or Sense Motive and take the higher result.

----------

Later, as we arrive

"Might we pause for a few final preparations before entering this unknown space?"

The Professor quickly stows his sketchbook into one of the many pouches attached to a set of harnesses or bandoliers. He removes his jacket, rummages through one of the camel's saddlebags and retrieves two wrist straps, which he attaches, along with a blade that he clamps to his tail. Finally, he shrugs on the harness; vials and blades poking out everywhere.

From one of the pouches, he removes two small cracked but faintly glowing stones. He holds them up to approximately eye level and lets them go, where they each start spinning around his head.

He removes his eyeglasses, folds them and carefully places them into his breast pocket, underneath the padding and straps. He replaces them with a set of goggles which he rests on his forehead.

He trundles towards the portico, his short legs slowed in the shifting sands, and begins checking and re-checking a series of masterfully crafted knives of some non-metallic material.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

Intelligence: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"I don't know, Professor; I'm not much good with words."

Eugressia's curly tresses hang limply in the heat. Her personal breeze works overtime, swirling around her skirt in an attempt to relieve the sweltering heat. Her mithral chain shirt hangs heavily, and the haphazard fastening would make any trained soldier cry in frustration.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy whistles at the sight of the massive pyramid.

"How'd this thing get buried under the sand, let a lone stay buried for centuries?

I assume we're heading toward the squat building with the doors and the causeway?

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Oiur stops to watch the Professor retrieve his myriad items and prepare himself. The familiar weight of the earth breaker lays on their shoulders. Their armor is—heat notwithstanding—well-fitting and functional. Their mace and dagger hang from their belt.

All perfectly functional.

They eye the stones now rotating around the Professor's head. They hum, screw up the side of their mouth for a moment, run their tongue along their teeth, and turn to continue following Ibb.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

As you stand in the entrance to the squat building, enough reflected sunlight filters past you to illuminate this outer chamber with normal light. You can just make out some ancient, weathered carvings on the walls, though the ravages of time have made them indecipherable. Technically, I should make Eugressia roll to see if she notices the drawings, but it's a DC 5 and that's stupid. The rest of you cannot fail to notice them.

I put up some maps, one an areal view of the whole site, the other a map of the inside of the outer building. As usual, there's a link at the top of the page, and one in my bio line.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

A pair of carved and brightly painted granite columns support the ceiling of the darkened (dim light), roughly triangular inner chamber. To the east, stone statues of a regal man holding a crook and flail and wearing a striped cloth headdress stand on either side of the chamber, though the head of one of the two statues now lies cracked and broken on the alabaster floor. Two more stone statues depicting winged creatures with leonine bodies and falcons’ heads sit beyond. The smooth granite walls are decorated with hieroglyphs and faded murals that depict loyal subjects and slaves presenting offerings to a pharaoh who sits on a gilded throne, flanked by winged, falcon-headed lions. A passageway to the west stretches off into darkness.

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 20:
The pharaoh depicted in the carvings and statues is Sekh-pa-Mefer III, the Pharaoh of Sphinxes.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 15:
The winged, falcon-headed creatures are hieracosphinxes.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy holds out a hand and detects for magic in the room.

Anybody know their Osirian history or recognize any of these statues? My guess is they's some kind of sphinx.

Kn: Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Grand Lodge

TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

Know(history): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

Know(history): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

As Ibb steps into the room, a tiny scarab flits over his shoulder — the big man tries to punch it out of the air, but at the same time Irp leaps forward to peck it — Cwwww-Whaaaaaaaaahh!!! —

Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Yea I know, Rowdy. They called dumb birdie statues. Like da dumb birdie on da floor. Ha.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

"Oh, look! Sephora! I mean, Sekh-pa-Mefer III. Oh, and these winged, falcon-headed creatures are hieracosphinxes."

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy grins when Eugressia explains the winged statues.

"So I was right," he says. "Hopefully there ain't any still alive in here..."

Grand Lodge

TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

The bird tries to stand with dignity, ruffling his feathers. Do we have any light? It may be dark ahead.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Oiur removes their cowl when they enter the tomb. Sweat plasters their hair to their scalp in a flat, disorderly mess.

Irps speaks, and with each of Oiur's four subsequent tongue clucks, a sphere of light shimmers into existence above their shoulders: blue, red, white, and charcoal gray, illuminating dust and works of ages long past.

"Sphinxes and kings. I suppose we're in the right place."

The glowing orbs move with them when they take a few steps forward, and faintly colored shadows ripple across the foyer. Their cowl is pulled down around their neck. The heavy head of their earth breaker, held at knee level before them, is a talisman against once-buried dangers. Wary of getting too close, they stop several arms' lengths before fallen stone head.

"I hope that's not implying anything."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

"Ah yes, quite right Eugressia! Full marks, once again!"

The professor says this absent-mindedly as he quickly sets up a small retort stand and starts mixing some of his vials together. He seems to be running a few things simultaneously. After he appears satisfied, he stows some of them, dabs others on some of his knives, and is about to bring another to his lips before he stops, swaps it with on of the others he had already stowed, then drinks that one instead.

Heightened awareness is up.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

I'm assuming you are moving deeper in. Please give me your marching order (arrange yourselves on the map), and any standard procedures you want me to assume you're doing as you go.

Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Definitely Ibb up front

Dark Archive

N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

I have a pretty good perception, and a good stealth, but I don't have alarm sense or trap sense or anything. I'm happy to be somewhere NEAR the front but not IN the front.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Rowdy will be detecting for magic and magical traps. Rowdy casts mage armor on himself. He can stealth ahead if folks want.

"I'm a little suspicious a this long hallway..."

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

I’ll stay in the back!

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Oiur’s in the front with Ibb, earth breaker out and eyes open.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Three people claimed a spot in the front (Ibb, Rowdy, and Oiur), but the tunnel is only 10ft wide. You guys decide and arrange yourselves on the map, please.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN nonbinary human skald 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +4(1 from inspired rage); +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +5 SM +7 | Perform 8/13; Spells: 1st 0/3 | cld irn dagger +4 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), +1 earth breaker +5 (2d6+5 /x3), slvr hvy mace +4 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Each line break is 5 ft.:
Ibb Rowdy
- -
Oiur Professor
- -
Eugressia

How's that? That way Rowdy and his trap stuff's in front, the slightly less fragile folks are in the middle, and the fragilest is in the back.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Yeah, I think Rowdy scouting ahead makes sense.

Grand Lodge

CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

Come on Rowdy. I'll detector with ya.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

Maybe we should stop and search for traps at every door?

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Yeah, tell me exactly what you mean by 'scouting ahead' please. Does that mean stopping at every doorway to perceive ahead? Does it mean going half-speed through the whole dungeon taking 10 on perception.
Does it mean depending on Rowdy's magical trapspotting?

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, it means depending on his magical trapspotting. It's kind of weird. I feel we should take advantage of his trap spotting, but he's ultimately a ranged fighter.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Rowdy and Ibb scout ahead, Rowdy trying to feel out magical traps using his arcane senses. Unfortunately, he misses the purely mechanical trap that triggers when Ibb's weight pushes down a tile a few feet in front of the door, causing a section of sealing to give way to a cascade of rocks that fall onto all of you!

  • attack vs. Ibb: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 for 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) = 11 damage
  • attack vs. Rowdy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 for 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) = 8 damage
  • attack vs. Oiur: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29 for 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5) = 14 damage
  • attack vs. Professor: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 for 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 1) = 9 damage
  • attack vs. Eugressia: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 for 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 4) = 13 damage

    When you dig yourselves out of the rubble, you notice something else, potentially more worrying than the falling rocks: A heavy-looking stone portcullis has dropped down behind you, barring passage back the way you came in!

    I hope this doesn't feel too much like an ambush. I tried to give you ample opportunity to look around without outright prompting you to.

  • Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Shafts of sunlight shine down from slots in the ceiling of the long, straight corridor ahead of you, illuminating the piles of sand that have accumulated beneath each slot. Elaborate carved reliefs, their paint now faded with time, cover the walls on both sides of the passage, depicting the legendary deeds of a great pharaoh.

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Before Ibb crawls out, you hear a muffled cry of triumph: Told ya I could detector, Irp -- see, I found the trap real easy!

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Ouch!

    Rowdy brushes himself off and helps pull his friends out of the rubble.

    "Sorry folks," he says, spitting out sand and grit. "Can't spot 'em all I guess. I got me a wand here if someone wants to heal us up."

    Rowdy brushes the dust off his hat as he looks at the portcullis.

    "Cayden's holy cup. Looks like we got ourselves sealed in."

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    The professor stands up, dusts himself off, and hits himself with a wand a couple of times, healing his wounds. Just before he's about to put it back in his bandolier, he remembers himself and offers it to the rest of the group. "Oh! Would anyone...?"

    Looking over at Ibb & Rowdy, he says "Perhaps it might be wise for me to replace one of you in front? I dare say my eyes might be better in here - at least until we come upon potential enemies."


    CLW Wand at 48/50

    GM: I've added all relevant/use based gear to character sheet on profile, if you're curious.

    Grand Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    If you want to detector with me, ask Rowdy. I found the trap no problem.

    Ibb pulls out a stick, and holds it in both hands while he focuses on intently on it. He then bonks himself in the nose.
    UMD: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

    His eyes briefly cross at the touch of the wand; when nothing happens he raises the stick and taps himself in the nose again.
    UMD: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    And again. UMD: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

    His wounds close up a bit. CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    He mutters to himself Trapfinderin, detectorin, pancakin', magicin'…. He taps himself in the nose again…
    UMD: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    On the other side of the rubble the bird hops back and forth, faster and faster each time Ibb bops himself with the wand. Finally it stops, and convulses madly before screaming FOR THE LOVE OF — LET THE OTHERS DO IT AND MOVE ON.

    Ibb will have someone else use the wand on him. CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    The Concordance

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 4/6 | Spells 1: 2/6 | Active conditions: dark half

    Eugressia asks someone to use her wand on her. 3 charges.

    "Well, this doesn't bode well for the execution. I mean, expedition."

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Rowdy used 2 charges of his CLW wand. And Dennis, I updated the perception spreadsheet. Rowdy does still have Trapfinding, which gives him a bonus of half his level on perception vs traps. Sorry guys, I messed that up!

    51 to 100 of 751 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.