Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Deekan's Iron Gods AP

Game Master Valeron De Stinzite

Init,Perc,Saves
Handouts,Notes
Campaign Tracker
Tactical Maps
Torch Map


1 to 50 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

Dot. Then erase your post. Now it shows up in your threads.


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

The town of Torch has long enjoyed a singular claim to prosperity—a violet flame that burns atop Black Hill in the heart of the town. This flame burns incredibly hot, and while it’s usually the size of a bonfire, several times a year the fires spew up into the heavens in a brilliant beam of purple violence. These eruptions are presaged by about an hour of soft rumbling, giving nearby smiths a chance to retreat before the fires can consume them. At all other times, the violet energies allow for the smelting of all manner of skymetal. Torch is one of the only locations where skymetal can be worked with relative ease outside of Starfall, and its entire economy has risen around these purple flames, with traveling smiths coming from across Avistan to pay for the opportunity to work with them. Of course, Torch needs all the visiting trade and coin it can gather, for while the town’s distance from Starfall makes it inconvenient for the Technic League to maintain a permanent presence here, the taxes and tariffs it charges the Numerian town on a monthly basis are significant. The town prospers, but the bulk of its income does not belong to it.
Which is why, when the fires atop the hill suddenly go out, the town is in trouble.

Extinguished Torch:

Extinguished Torch: The violet flame that has burned atop Black Hill for over a century has gone out, leaving a strangely seeping pit of rubble and bubbling fluids where the town’s livelihood once glowed day and night.

Missing Councilor:

Missing Councilor: Ever since Councilor Khonnir Baine, one of Torch’s more powerful wizards and a well-liked individual, went missing on his second expedition under Black Hill, the citizens of the nervous town have edged closer to outright panic. With their hands full handling the growing refuse and waste problems in town now that their primary disposal method is gone, the town council is eager to find out what happened to Khonnir and rescue him— they’ve made public a reward of 4,000 gp to any group that can recover Khonnir’s body; if he can be returned alive, they’ve promised to throw in the scroll of resurrection they’ve been holding on to in case they need to revive him. Interested parties are invited to speak to the council at Town Hall.

Black Hill Caves:

BlackHill Caves: Khonnir Baine discovered the signs of unusual traffic on the banks of Weeping Pond, and shortly thereafter, the submerged tunnel that provides access to several heretofore unknown tunnels under Black Hill. His emergence from the caves with a deactivated semi-humanoid automaton sparked worries that something strange might be going on in the caverns, but when he failed to return from his second expedition a few days ago, those worries turned to outright fear. Several other adventuring parties have gone missing in the caves, and Torch finds itself running short on new volunteers.

Now we begin. Everyone needs to scroll through all the documents above and make sure you can edit them. I have a spot in the notes where you can paste your character emblem. We will be using a campaign tracker(not necessarily every page) to keep track of things. On the tracker I have a summary page, if you could fill in the information there I would appreciate it. Everyone roll a 1d20 also.

One of the grander buildings in Torch, the town hall doubles as a second garrison and lookout tower watching over the eastern roads. Council meetings take place in the hall every week on Oathday, but the hall sees frequent use for social gatherings as well, including many dances held in the neighboring square.

Feel free to introduce yourselves even though everybody has been talking in discussion.


Shelved / Inactive Female Human Seeker Sorcerer: Nanite Bloodline 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2 | CMB 1 / CMD 12 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5 / +6 to find traps

mystery roll: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Hi. I'm Azalia, Khonnir's apprentice and friend of the family. Really want to get him back.


Defense:
HP: 10 AC 16, touch 8, flat-footed 16
Init -2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3 Speed 20 ft.

1d20: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Yes, well if it will get the forge working again I am willing to do what needs doin', but let's be quick about it. I have very important work to do." Brennen rarely looks at people when he speaks, his gaze usually falls on interesting pieces of equipment or something in his hand.


Male LN Android Investigator (Empiricist) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +7, Sense Motive: -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None | Inspiration 2/3 | 1st Level Spells 2/2

1d20 ⇒ 18

"Good to see you again, Azalia. Yes, we should do what we can to find Khonnir as soon as possible."

Taking note of Brennen, he says, "Greetings, dwarf. I am Ryder XIII."


Hp 14/16 | AC 20 t. 13 ff. 17 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +5 |
Skills:
Acrobatics-2,Appraise+2,Climb+3,Diplomacy-2,Heal+0,Intimidate-2,K.dungeonin g-,K.engeneering+5,SenseMotives+0,Stealth-2,Survival+4,Swim-1
Human male fighter 1 | -

A six feet tall Kellid with broad shoulders and strong build sits by the table with the recently made group "As I was saying count on me for this Azalia. I want to see Khonnir back. And anyway I have always been interested in visiting those caves"

Holg turns then to Ryder and adds in lower tone "Besides, have you heard that Ryder? 4000 pieces. Our scavenging days might be coming to an end"

" But we will need to prepare, and also gain more info about the comings and goings of the wizard " the Kellid looks now at the whole group.

Mystery roll (thanks Graz ;): 1d20 ⇒ 5

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

Think you need the d20 roll still Holg, see above

Graz's raspy voice rumbles in his throat "If Holg in, Graz in." He nods his head vigorously as if those 5 words were the answer to some eternal question. He slaps his doughty Kellid companion on the back and grins toothily at the others.

Graz is ready to go under the earth now and find the magic man, but if the others want to make preparations first, he is nothing if not patient. Long years as a slave taught him to move on someone else's schedule.

1d20 ⇒ 4

eh, hopefully low number wins...


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

On your stay in town you have over heard rumors.
Don’t peak at someone's spoiler. You can share them with everyone(RP). Once everybody share them we can put them in the notes so everyone can look at them later.

Also on your stay it town you have been experiencing headaches as you wake up.

Headache:

Azalia: 1d100 ⇒ 76
Brennen: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Ryder: 1d100 ⇒ 33
Holg: 1d100 ⇒ 7
Graz: 1d100 ⇒ 6

DC 20 Heal check:

You can confirm that the headaches aren’t caused by illness or poisoning, but by some other intangible effect—since the headaches didn’t start until after the torch went out, logic indicates that they are connected, somehow, to whatever’s going on under Black Hill.

Azalia:

Garmen’s not the actual boss of the Ropefist gang. They’re actually agents of the Technic League!

Brennen:

We’ve always had problems with gremlins around these parts—the pests are always breaking things or running off with supplies. I bet they have a whole nest somewhere in those caves under Black Hill.

Ryder:

Ratfolk bandits have been becoming more and more of a problem on the roads to the east. Someone’s gotta do something about them!

Holg:

There’s at least one Technic League spy in town, mark my words.

Graz:

The Technic League is behind the problems in town. One of their agents put out the torch so we’ll all go broke and they can take the place over for free!

You arrive first thing in the morning at the Town Hall. When you enter the building there is one occupant, Dolga Freddert, she is the towns oldest councilor. She was present at Torch’s founding over a century ago.

”Don’t bother looking for the others, they are engaged elsewhere at the moment. Otterbi and Kyte are working on the sewage problems and Murgrave has another headache, like a quarter of the town these days.”

”Some of you look familiar. I am assuming you are here about Councilor Baine? The last group hasn't come back out. We are concerned!

She sits at the table waiting for questions. She doesn't have time if you're here for other reasons.

Nobody experiences a headache today. Make sure everyone updates all the documents since I know there's a few who haven't. I will put up information regarding g rumors and headaches in the notes so you can reference them when needed.


Defense:
HP: 10 AC 16, touch 8, flat-footed 16
Init -2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3 Speed 20 ft.

" I wouldn't be too keen to go in them caves Holg, heard many a tale of gremlins hiding out inside 'em"
Heal Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Brennen looks at Dolga and responds "I am hear to restore the forge so that I may continue my work for the glory of Brigh. If that means finding Councilor Baine, then I am your man."

The whole town is having the headaches? I thought it was just from the bad ale and frustration of losing the forge. Brennen thinks to himself after hearing others are suffering from headaches.


Male LN Android Investigator (Empiricist) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +7, Sense Motive: -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None | Inspiration 2/3 | 1st Level Spells 2/2

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"With the excessive number of Ratfolk bandits on the road east, it is entirely possible that the last group never even made it to the caves." Ryder says in his normal matter-of-fact manner. "Even if that were the case, it is likely that the bandits numbers were lessened by the previous group, increasing our odds of success."

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

"We find magic-man under earth." says Graz simply. "We bring back. You pay."

Earlier, Graz shares what he overheard in The Foundry. With a fearsome expression of hatred snarling his face, he says: "Graz hears Masters turned purple light off. Without light, Masters own town. Masters tricky. Graz hates Masters. Graz help purple light come back. Save town." He nods his head with absolute finality.

To Ryder he says: Metal man and strange dwarf not worry about walking rats or gremlins. Graz keep them safe. Keep all safe!"[/b] He thumps his chest with a oversize fist as he says the last words, punctuating the point.


Shelved / Inactive Female Human Seeker Sorcerer: Nanite Bloodline 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2 | CMB 1 / CMD 12 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5 / +6 to find traps

Heal Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

To Dolga: Hi Ms. Freddert. We're aiming to go down and find Khonnir. His daughter is sick with worry, and I've lost my teacher and my friend. We're going to get him back. We're motivated, the town needs this, and we're strong enough. I hope you'll give us whatever assistance the town can offer.

To the rest of the group:

Yes. Save town! Thank you Graz. Azalia grins.

I heard a rumor that Garmen’s not the actual boss of the Ropefist gang. They’re actually agents of the Technic League. Do you think that is true? Why would they do that?

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

A low rumble emanates from Graz's throat as Azalia talks about someone acting as agents of the Technic League. His eyes narrow dangerously to yellow slits, and he broods without speaking for a few moments.


Hp 14/16 | AC 20 t. 13 ff. 17 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +5 |
Skills:
Acrobatics-2,Appraise+2,Climb+3,Diplomacy-2,Heal+0,Intimidate-2,K.dungeonin g-,K.engeneering+5,SenseMotives+0,Stealth-2,Survival+4,Swim-1
Human male fighter 1 | -

"It does not come as a surprise to me Graz, I have also heard there’s at least one Technic
League spy in town
" Holg turns to Dolga "What do you think? Does that make any sense or are those just rumors?"

"About the ratfolk... That's weird, they are usually peaceful people worried only about tinkering and trading... Maybe their minds blow out with one of those headaches? What do you know about them?"

The stout human completes his intervention looking at Dolga "Yes. We are here to help. We are here for the coin. And help Torch... why not? So what about Councillor Braine? What was he working on? What is the last you know about him?"

Heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

The Councilor looks at the group and begins to answer some questions. “The caves are inhabited by several enormous vermin and other scavengers, along with some strange humanoids who had the ability to blend into the shadows of the cave walls, and a nest of gremlins. Khonnir believed this indicated a deeper connection in the caves to the Darklands, but of more immediate interest was his discovery of a wall of solid metal deep in the caves. A wall made of a skymetal alloy called glaucite. He said it was like the kind we mine from the hills and surrounding plains, but formed into a structure with doors. It was near one of these doors that Khonnir found the broken automaton that he brought back after his first expedition.”
”As for the rumors I suggest you follow up on them and find out for yourselves.”
“Four teams in all, but only one came back to report what they found—Khonnir’s first expedition. Khonnir spoke at length with the council before going back in, and he confirmed what his group told us, despite how outlandish it sounded. The first team was a group of halfling adventurers, the second a group of local thugs, and the fourth a small adventuring party devoted to the worship of Brigh from out of town. Khonnir’s team undertook the third and fifth expeditions under Black Hill, and it was on the fifth expedition—his second trip—that he went missing.”

Some other questions you might want to know could be, what assistance can she provide, what is the metal wall, where is the entrance to the caves?


Shelved / Inactive Female Human Seeker Sorcerer: Nanite Bloodline 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2 | CMB 1 / CMD 12 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5 / +6 to find traps

I'll take the assistance question since I already hinted about that one.

What assistance can the town offer us in order to be ready for the challenges we face?


Male LN Android Investigator (Empiricist) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +7, Sense Motive: -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None | Inspiration 2/3 | 1st Level Spells 2/2

"A glaucite wall?" Ryder asks. "Any indication as to the source?"

"Where are the entrances to the cave under Black Hill that have been used by the previous expeditions?"


Defense:
HP: 10 AC 16, touch 8, flat-footed 16
Init -2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3 Speed 20 ft.

A wall of Sky Metal! Praise Brigh! Brennen's eyes light up at the mention of a wall of Sky Metal inside the cave.

"What business did the worshipers of Brigh have to go into the caves?" Brennen asks. Knowledge Religion for information on local worshipers of Brigh: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

Graz doesn't ask any questions. Just stands immutably watching the others, waiting until they are ready to set out.


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

The Councilor looks at Azalia.
"Once you’re on the job, I’ll give each of you a writ that you can show to any of the merchants in town for a flat 20% discount on any gear you need to purchase—I wish I could offer a greater discount than that, but that’s the best I can do. Further, Val, Khonnir’s adopted daughter, has closed down her father’s tavern, the Foundry, for the time being. She’s told me that any group that’s going into the caves to look for her father can use the tavern, free of charge, as a headquarters and a place to rest between forays. Finally, the entrance to the caves is flooded. You’ll need to swim a bit to get to the caves. Joram Kyte has agreed to cast water breathing on any group to aid in entering the caves—free of charge, of course. You can find him at the temple of Brigh or up at Crowfeather Palace when you’re ready to go.”

"Yes the entrance." she replies.
“There’s an underwater passage connecting them to Weeping Pond. Khonnir noticed a large number of human footprints on the pond’s banks—he was there the day the fires went out testing the water to ensure it hadn’t suddenly grown more toxic—and he realized that a sizable group of people had entered the pond but had not emerged."

"I don't know what business they had going in."
"Word about town puts blame on the Technic League, but I think that’s too convenient and obvious an answer. Khonnir was hoping to find out more by delving deeper into the caves, but who knows what he found in there... or indeed, if he’s even still alive? ”

"As for the wall." she replies
“I know Very little. Khonnir examined it himself, and confirmed that it was an alloy of adamantine and iron, and that one of the doors in the wall was locked tight but the other was open. He had planned on exploring deeper beyond that door on his second expedition, but who knows if he actually made it that far? ”

If there are no more questions, let me know where everyone is going.


Male LN Android Investigator (Empiricist) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +7, Sense Motive: -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None | Inspiration 2/3 | 1st Level Spells 2/2

"I suspect it would be prudent to check in with Val, to at least let her know who we are before we go. Does anyone need to purchase anything before we go? I would suggest a few waterproof bags if we are to swim our way into the caves."


Shelved / Inactive Female Human Seeker Sorcerer: Nanite Bloodline 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2 | CMB 1 / CMD 12 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5 / +6 to find traps

Azalia nods at Ryder's suggestion, and suggests air bladders as well.
Then she goes to purchase some waterproof bags.

She goes to say goodbye to Val, and wait at the Foundry for everyone to be ready to go visit Joram Kyte for the water breathing spell in order to go in.

Darn it. I am going to switch out one of my first level spells for Air Bubble so that we can get out. Air Bladders are a great idea, but they only last a round, and no idea how far we have to go. Luckily, Androids don't need to breathe, but the rest of us will have to. Unfortunately, I only have 4 spells a day, so someone will still be reliant on air bladders, so maybe everyone get one, at least for when we exit so that the person that I can't cast for will have more than one round of air?


Hp 14/16 | AC 20 t. 13 ff. 17 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +5 |
Skills:
Acrobatics-2,Appraise+2,Climb+3,Diplomacy-2,Heal+0,Intimidate-2,K.dungeonin g-,K.engeneering+5,SenseMotives+0,Stealth-2,Survival+4,Swim-1
Human male fighter 1 | -

"An advance on the coin would had been great but the grit will do Councillor Dolga" Holg talks while taking his "The bags will come to aid Rayder. I just got payment from a recent job and will help the party to reclaim some magical aid and spelunking tools"

Holg checks for climbing kit, scrolls of cure light wounds, enlarge person, magic weapon and protection from evil.

" Besides, we should ask Val if we can check Khonnir's things. We might find some notes about the expedition. Did anyone else survive the first expedition that we could talk with?"


Defense:
HP: 10 AC 16, touch 8, flat-footed 16
Init -2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3 Speed 20 ft.

Brennen's face turns mournful when he hears about the flooded entrance. Swimming? Only for Brigh would I take such and endeavor!

"I agree to see Val and see about water proofing my possessions. By the guidance of the Whisperer in Bronze we shall see it done."

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

When the old lady mentions the Technic League, Graz gnashes his teeth but refrains from growling or other displays. After they hear about the rest he says, "Graz swim. No problem." and follows along after the others to see Val or whereever they lead.

Graz does see the sense in getting some waterproof bags and will buy a pair whenever they end up in a place to accomodate.


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

The group decides to see Val before leaving.

The Foundry Tavern is one of Torch’s most popular venues, but since the torch went out and its owner, Khonnir, went missing, the townsfolk have had little reason to celebrate. In honor of her missing foster father, Val Baine closed both the tavern and the foundry until further notice, reserving the former as a place to rest and recuperate for any group heading into the caves to look for Khonnir.
As you approach — you hear a scream of terror coming from the small stone house behind the tavern!

Map is updated.


Shelved / Inactive Female Human Seeker Sorcerer: Nanite Bloodline 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2 | CMB 1 / CMD 12 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5 / +6 to find traps

Are we where you placed our icons, or entering from the tavern side?

Azalia breaks into a dead run, worried that her best friend is in trouble.

Val! Are you okay?

Moving up to the side door because that is closest to where our tokens are, but will switch if that isn't correct. Also, as Khonnir's apprentice and Val's best friend, do I know how to get into the house, or maybe even have a key, in case it is locked?


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

House is unlocked. Your tokens are fine. I just put them close so you could In where you want.


Hp 14/16 | AC 20 t. 13 ff. 17 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +5 |
Skills:
Acrobatics-2,Appraise+2,Climb+3,Diplomacy-2,Heal+0,Intimidate-2,K.dungeonin g-,K.engeneering+5,SenseMotives+0,Stealth-2,Survival+4,Swim-1
Human male fighter 1 | -

"Careful, this might be dangerous Azalia" says Holg as he advances. The man readies his shield and wields his axe in a defensive position.

Carefully approaching the house from where the scream is heard, he peers through the windows trying to locate the source of the alert.
Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

He nods to Azalia if it seems she knows a way to go in. Otherwise the man simply tries to open the door and go in.


Shelved / Inactive Female Human Seeker Sorcerer: Nanite Bloodline 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2 | CMB 1 / CMD 12 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5 / +6 to find traps

Azalia enters the house, stepping up to make room for Holg to enter as well. She calls for Val again.

Val? Where are you?

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Not a good roll. Do I see or hear anything?

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

At the sound of the scream, Graz sniffs the air, and looks around, taking his chain from its accustomed place on his back. He follows close after Holg, entering the house behind Azalia, looking for the source of the sounds, or anything amiss.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Defense:
HP: 10 AC 16, touch 8, flat-footed 16
Init -2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3 Speed 20 ft.

Brennen heeds Holg's warning to Azalia and follows behind the group with light hammer drawn and shield ready.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

Ill give Ryder a chance before I update.


Male LN Android Investigator (Empiricist) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +7, Sense Motive: -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None | Inspiration 2/3 | 1st Level Spells 2/2

"Quiet...perhaps too much so." Ryder says, retrieving his morningstar.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

The Pathfinders can hear what sounds like objects being thrown around..

As you approach the door bursts open and a malfunctioning robot lurches forth on its three spidery legs. The robot moves with a jerky, staggering gait, for it is suffering old damage from neglect and its cells are only partially charged; furthermore, its core programming to repair damage to the habitat module has become corrupted. Now, the robot is randomly attempting to dismantle the building around it, searching in vain for any technological devices to “repair.”
The repair drone is 5 feet tall and made of a gray and white metal-like polymer. Its three spiderlike legs allow it to navigate over broken terrain and rubble with ease. Its torso and arms and head are vaguely humanoid, with one blazing “eye” in the center of its head and a four-fingered hand on each arm. Bits and pieces of its chassis are missing, exposing the delicate circuitry within, and it makes loud and tortured grinding noises as it moves.
It pays no attention to you, but continues tearing the building apart.

Initiative:

Holg: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Graz: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Ryder: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Azalia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Brennen: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16


Combat round 1
Brennen update the Init,Perc sheet please.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

Are the positions shown on the tactical map accurate?


Shelved / Inactive Female Human Seeker Sorcerer: Nanite Bloodline 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2 | CMB 1 / CMD 12 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5 / +6 to find traps

Azalia tries to figure out how to stop or disable to robot without just smashing it to oblivion:

Knowledge Engineering (with the Technologist feat): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Coming up with nothing, she goes for the smashing option:

Ranged attack with Kunai: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Hoping the others with her are more effective than she is, she just yells Val! Are you there?


Defense:
HP: 10 AC 16, touch 8, flat-footed 16
Init -2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3 Speed 20 ft.

"By Brigh what is that monstrosity? It..its. Beautiful."
Brennen is unable to move as he is struck with the awesome sight before him, yet he utters a blessing of Brigh understanding the urgency of the situation.

Brennen fingers his holy symbol while reciting these words...
"Brigh, creator of creator's, your humble servant beseeches the. Aid my companions in our quest against those that would see your holy forge undone. Help them find true that which assails us."

Cast Bless


Hp 14/16 | AC 20 t. 13 ff. 17 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +5 |
Skills:
Acrobatics-2,Appraise+2,Climb+3,Diplomacy-2,Heal+0,Intimidate-2,K.dungeonin g-,K.engeneering+5,SenseMotives+0,Stealth-2,Survival+4,Swim-1
Human male fighter 1 | -

"What the..." Holg does not completes his curse as the door breaks.
K. engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Although he has seen some technological leftovers on his scavenging days, it seems he has never seen something like this.

Feeling his axe to go hasty on his hand through Brigh's divine blessing, the man just swings it at the strange thing.
Axe+bless (flatfooted): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

"Go to Hell thing! Stop it now!"


Male LN Android Investigator (Empiricist) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +7, Sense Motive: -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None | Inspiration 2/3 | 1st Level Spells 2/2

Not all so different from me... Ryder thinks as he gets into a better position.

Knowledge (Engineering) - Technologist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Hearing his companion's outbust, Ryder states, "Hell would be an illogical location for such a machine to go."


Hp 14/16 | AC 20 t. 13 ff. 17 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +5 |
Skills:
Acrobatics-2,Appraise+2,Climb+3,Diplomacy-2,Heal+0,Intimidate-2,K.dungeonin g-,K.engeneering+5,SenseMotives+0,Stealth-2,Survival+4,Swim-1
Human male fighter 1 | -

"Acute Ry" answers back Holg with a sigh of frustration while trying to keep the robot at bay "Just tell me how to stop that thing or... dam! in Hell we will find Khonnir if it keeps destroying what little notes the wizard left behind!"

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

Seeing his companions rush to battle the clanking thing, Graz follows suit, swinging his spiked chain in a tremendous arc above his head, before bringing it down with as much force as he can muster on the contraption.

Graz Chain, Power Attack, Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Dmg, if hit: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3) + 9 = 16

It's unfortunate when your damage roll ends up higher than your attack roll, at least at first level...


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

Yes the positions are accurate.

Azalia fails at hitting the broken robot. Holg swings at the machine and breaks off its leg.

Ryder:

Since clockwork engineers can’t always be present to make sure their devices are working at full capacity, the clockwork servant was invented to serve that role. Clockwork servants excel at repairing themselves and other clockworks on the battlefield, proving useful for skirmishes and campaigns alike.

Rumors of clockwork servants with magically imparted intelligence persist among explorers of certain strange ruins—while no smarter than the average human, such “awakened” clockwork servants have skills and feats as appropriate for their Hit Dice and are said to serve in more complex roles than mere repair workers. An intelligent clockwork has an Intelligence score of 11 and can speak one language.

Clockwork servants are about 5 feet tall and weigh over 400 pounds. They are immune to construct traits and are weak to electricity.

The robot tries to slam Holg , but misses. It then turns and continues trying to tear the building apart.
Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Combat round 2
All may action

Liberty's Edge

Half-Orc Barbarian 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | CMB +5 / CMD 16 | Initiative +1 | Perception +0

Undeterred by his earlier miss, Graz whips the chain around once more, slamming it into the metal figure

Graz Chain, Power Attack, bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
Dmg if hit, Power Attack: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12


Male LN Android Investigator (Empiricist) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +7, Sense Motive: -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None | Inspiration 2/3 | 1st Level Spells 2/2

"It is a clockwork servant. If you are to destroy it, you will be required to do a significant amount of damage to it as they were designed to repair clockwork soldiers on the battlefield...along with itself. I am not sure why this one seems intent on destruction." Ryder comments as he swings away with his morningstar.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Hp 14/16 | AC 20 t. 13 ff. 17 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +5 |
Skills:
Acrobatics-2,Appraise+2,Climb+3,Diplomacy-2,Heal+0,Intimidate-2,K.dungeonin g-,K.engeneering+5,SenseMotives+0,Stealth-2,Survival+4,Swim-1
Human male fighter 1 | -

"Efficient and accurate. That's Ry!" Holg smiles as the android releases his report "So you say he is malfunctioning? And his arms he uses for repairing himself?" the Kellid catches Ryder indications and quickly moves his axe trying to disable the repairing unit, setting himself in a better position for Graz flanking it.
Axe+bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Defense:
HP: 10 AC 16, touch 8, flat-footed 16
Init -2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3 Speed 20 ft.

Brennen moves into the building positioning himself behind Ryder.
"I wish we could subdue the poor construct, but if it must be done."
Brennen releases a bolt of acid from his fingers
Acid bolt range touch w/bless: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Acid Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Shelved / Inactive Female Human Seeker Sorcerer: Nanite Bloodline 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2 | CMB 1 / CMD 12 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5 / +6 to find traps

Azalia doesn't want to burn the house down, so she just attacks with her Kunai, hoping to land a lucky shot.

Melee attack with Kunai: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

She does not, however.

Where could Val be? I hope she is okay. she thinks.


Hp 14/16 | AC 20 t. 13 ff. 17 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +5 |
Skills:
Acrobatics-2,Appraise+2,Climb+3,Diplomacy-2,Heal+0,Intimidate-2,K.dungeonin g-,K.engeneering+5,SenseMotives+0,Stealth-2,Survival+4,Swim-1
Human male fighter 1 | -

"Any idea on how to do it Brennen?" Holg talks while trying to dodge the construct slams "You are definitely right, if we could have it alive, it might bring more answers to what happened with Konnin"

As the clockwork servant tries to burn one of the tables Holg jumps over it "Ei! No! Stop it brainless bag of metal!"


Iron Gods
Sign up sheet:

Graz swings at the robot and finally ends its rampage.

End of combat
Graz you also get the first kill as noted on the Campaign tracker.

As the robot is finally powered down for good Val Baine emerges from underneath a table.
She greets you all with hugs. "Thank you for that intervention. That thing was trying to tear this place apart. While I'm thankful, what has brought you here?"she looks you awaiting a response.

1 to 50 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron Gods gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.