Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Debug's PbP Gameday 6: SFS 1-01 The Commencement (Inactive)

Game Master DebugAMP

Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 405 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Welcome to Lorespire complex. We will be with you shortly.

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. watch ur step,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+5,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 11/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

The heavily armed Kasatha walks on in with an entirely misplaced swagger. "Well then excuse me while I grab a snooze" he taunts, before dropping down into one of the padded waiting room chairs.

Wayfinders

Male Android Guard Soldier (Icon)/1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 18 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

The lithe form of a humanoid enters. She, or it seems likely to be a “he” was very pretty, can males be pretty? They can, and this one is. He carries very little in the way of equipment, a laser, a baton, some armor, and other sundries in his pockets. He is devoid of many of the affectations often associated with androids: jerky motions, random attentiveness, an unexplainable tic in the cheek. Instead, he moved with a casual self assuredness, more akin to the biologicals that inhabited most of the system.

”Tinker 7 here. You can call me Tink, or Tinker, or 7, or whatever else you are inclined to do. If you knew number 6, forget him, as I have. It is a new day for this body, shall we see how it goes?l

As I understand this scenario, we’re not agents yet? Correct? No problem. I have 1 scenario of credit on this character, but that was with an iconic in the Quests at GenCon, so Tinker has never adventured yet, so let’s cross our fingers.


Just like the Confirmation from Pathfinder, you may have been agents for some time now, but under the watchful eye of your superiors. Not everyone goes through a formal Commencement like this, some happen into the adventuring life through chance. For some of you, this is your first assignment, for others this is merely formalizing your relationship with the Starfinder Society. Maybe for you, the Quests were required reading material as a part of your schooling? Maybe that was a former life of Tinker 7? Feel free to make those decisions as you see fit. Also feel free to read all of that in Bob Ross's voice.

Wayfinders

Male Android Guard Soldier (Icon)/1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 18 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0
The Bot Behind the Screen wrote:
Just like the Confirmation from Pathfinder, you may have been agents for some time now, but under the watchful eye of your superiors. Not everyone goes through a formal Commencement like this, some happen into the adventuring life through chance. For some of you, this is your first assignment, for others this is merely formalizing your relationship with the Starfinder Society. Maybe for you, the Quests were required reading material as a part of your schooling? Maybe that was a former life of Tinker 7? Feel free to make those decisions as you see fit. Also feel free to read all of that in Bob Ross's voice.

There was a guy that was killing it dressed as Bob Ross at GenCon this year! This scenario is also an Evergreen, right?

Acquisitives

F Human Ace Pilot Soldier 1 – Stamina 9/9 – HP 11/11 – Resolve 3/5 – KAC 15/EAC 16 – Perception +0 – Fort: 3, Ref: +4, Will +2 – GMAC 24 – Speed 30' – Init: +4 - Currently Slotted Boons: Acquisitive Champion

A human woman waltzes into the room with a cocky swagger in her hips, with a laser rifle hanging from her back and a knife and flashlight attached to her belt, "Hey guys, what's up? I'm Portia and it looks like I'm early."

She then takes a closer look around choosing to ignore the sleeping Kasatha in lieu of focusing on the android, "Wow, you're super pretty. Nice going."

Wayfinders

Male Android Guard Soldier (Icon)/1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 18 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

Tinker considers Portia's comment about his looks, "why thank you. I am lead to believe that I am also fully functional, although I have not tested out that aspect of this corpus."

Tinker continues, "I am knowledgable in several science and engineering fields, as well as able to pilot a ship with a modicum of proficiency. Would it be inappropriate for me to ask just what skills you have acquired?"

Acquisitives

F Human Ace Pilot Soldier 1 – Stamina 9/9 – HP 11/11 – Resolve 3/5 – KAC 15/EAC 16 – Perception +0 – Fort: 3, Ref: +4, Will +2 – GMAC 24 – Speed 30' – Init: +4 - Currently Slotted Boons: Acquisitive Champion

Portia snickers at the 'fully functional' comment. "They tell me I'm a great pilot, but I'm not too bad with my laser rifle either." She replies to Tinker, "I could probably help out with the engineering in a pinch and of course there is my sunny personality that just makes time seem to fly by."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

No point snoozing anymore I guess. Retracting his eyelids from his squid-like eyes, the once-napping Kasatha reaches a lower right hand to make a joint in his upper right pop. "So what's the deal? What is going on with the Society? On the way up I say a Vesk loading his arms with office supplies and dumping them into a bin. Something I wasn't told about happening? A giant office supply sale?"


As the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, a green holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room. “Greetings,” it says. “I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.”

Who wishes to accept the subdermal implant?

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. watch ur step,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+5,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 11/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Padme' cosiders the holographic voice for a moment. my sub routines have conflicting agendas regarding an implant . The security application wants to run several analysts before accepting any foreign implant. My social protocols, inform me that, I have a greater degree of probability, of earning the trust of my new Organization, by accepting the implant without question. After using the swab and placing it in the sterile sample container, Padme' quietly placed her hand on glowing panel to accept implant.

Second Seekers

LG Male Dwarf Mystic 1 | SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 4/5 | KAC 12 EAC 13 | F +2 R +1 W +6 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Perc +8 (darkvision) SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active Conditions: --- | Boons: Second Seekers, Legacy Heritage (dwarf), Promotional Reroll

"You sure you're in the right place?" the dwarf comments at the kasatha as he steps toward Guidance.

"If a dwarf had built you, you wouldn't be wondering if you were fully functional. Wouldn't need a version two, neither." He pulls the unlit remnant of a cigar out of his mouth, grabs a swab and rubs it around inside his mouth before placing it in the appropriate receptacle. He then places his hand on the panel to accept the implant. "What's up, Guidance."

He withdraws his hand after the pneumatic hiss of the injection and moves out of the way for the others. "Howdy, everyone. Name's Mordin Gimhargruest, dwarven forerunner of the forgeship Himmeltaste. Happy to work with you. You know, unless you're stupid."

Acquisitives

F Human Ace Pilot Soldier 1 – Stamina 9/9 – HP 11/11 – Resolve 3/5 – KAC 15/EAC 16 – Perception +0 – Fort: 3, Ref: +4, Will +2 – GMAC 24 – Speed 30' – Init: +4 - Currently Slotted Boons: Acquisitive Champion

Without preamble, Portia swabs her cheek to provide the necessary genetic information, then places her hand on the panel to receive the implant, "I figure if I'm joining this thing, might as well go all the way with it."

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 1; SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 3/4; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +0, R +4, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +2; Perception +4; Slotted Boons: Acquisitives Champion

Dotting in, but off to a wedding weekend! I’ll jump in in-character once I’m back on Sunday or Monday.


The panel makes a light hum, and you feel a sharp prick, and feel a sleight burning sensation. Looking at the wound site, there is a very small cauterized scratch, and you feel as though you've grown a new... finger? There's no new limb there... Thinking about it and trying to wiggle it causes a bright light to shine from the palm of your hand, shaped like the symbol of the Starfinder Society.

As a swift action you may activate the graft to shine the Starfinder Society symbol, raising the light level within 5 ft by one step.

Mordin follows suit, and as Portia puts her hand on the panel while the rest of you wait in line, Guidance continues:

“It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment.”

The hologram reduces in size, then disappears as a another projection appears, this one of text.

THE ACQUISITIVES
Leader Radaszam “The Dealmaker”; Location Nyori Palisades
The Acquisitives represent the result of Luwazi Elsebo’s efforts to hold the Society together by hiring mercenaries to fill the role of missing Starfinders. Many mercenaries realized that the Society was a far more lucrative venture—both monetarily and in terms of popularity—than their old line of work. The faction’s current leader, Radaszam, is concerned with maintaining the organization’s public-facing reputation, as well as the reputation and fame of those Starfinders directly serving the Acquisitives’ interests.

THE DATAPHILES
Leader Historia-7; Location Lorespire Complex
The Dataphiles cherish information above all else, seeing themselves as the guardians of any knowledge obtained by the Starfinder Society. Their leader, Historia-7, promotes a belief in superiority through the acquisition and controlled dispersal of information. While cataloguing and data searching are necessities in this faction, the Dataphiles are known to employ less technologically savvy combat experts to procure information.

THE EXO-GUARDIANS
Leader Zigvigix; Location None (Downlow)
The Exo-Guardians are made up of Pact Worlds citizens who are concerned for the safety of their home, and who act to ensure that safety. They believe that the best defense is a strong offense, and they work to build up a stockpile of magic and technology to deter external threats. Most of the faction’s operatives were lost in the Scoured Stars. The Exo-Guardians utilize lower-grade installations within the Pact Worlds, having lost their headquarters and many of their operations in the aftermath of the disaster.

THE WAYFINDERS
Leader Fitch; Location The Armada (Master of Stars)
The Wayfinders are Starfinders who adhere to the Society’s primary mission of exploration. The most transitory of the Society’s membership, the Wayfinders are dedicated to exploring the Vast and maintain few direct ties to the Pact Worlds. Wayfinders specialize in both exploration and first-contact scenarios, thriving on the thrill of the unknown and the monumental task of meeting new species.

At this point, if any of you have any boons to slot, do so now. Additionally, some of you may know some pertinent info about Absalom Station already, and you can make a Culture check now.

Culture

DC 5+:
Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

DC 10+:
People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

DC 15+:
A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to
search every orbiting ship.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

"I don't know. You sure you're not late for a AA meeting Squatty?" replies the Kasatha as he grabs a probe and swabs the inside of his cheek. As he places it in the appropriate receptacle he eyes the subdermal implant provider. "How secure are those things? Does that mean I can be tracked by anyone with the right thingamabob? Not just the Society?"

Although that symbol thing is pretty freaking awesome he thinks to himself, decidedly on the fence as Guidance continues talking.

Acquisitives

F Human Ace Pilot Soldier 1 – Stamina 9/9 – HP 11/11 – Resolve 3/5 – KAC 15/EAC 16 – Perception +0 – Fort: 3, Ref: +4, Will +2 – GMAC 24 – Speed 30' – Init: +4 - Currently Slotted Boons: Acquisitive Champion

I believe I get the Acquisitive Champion boon for free for choosing that faction at the start. So, I'll be slotting that one. If I'm incorrect about that though, please let me know.

Culture check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"Sounds like an easy first mission. If we tell people on the Staton that we're Starfinder Agents they'll be likely to be helpful. These hand flashlight grafts probably won't hurt either."

Wayfinders

Male Android Guard Soldier (Icon)/1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 18 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

Tinker accepts both the swab, and moves forward for the subdermal implant. After pulling his hand back following the implantation procedure, he glares at his palm disapprovingly. "That was a pretty unpleasant experience, if I do say so."

Obviously I'll slot my faction boon (Wayfinders). I've got a folio for a reroll. I've got that starter boon for your -701 character, but it's in my binder at the office. And the Knights of Golarion one.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

"They might also allow people to track you. But... I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid. Convince me. What's the range on the signal they emit?"


The mission parameters silently continue to hover before you. Guidance seems particularly unhelpful at the moment... or perhaps is listening and judging?

Engineering DC 11:
The graft does not appear to emit any signal. It seems to be a strictly cosmetic modification on an implanted light-source. While it's possible that other tracking circuitry was hidden in here, that'd be a fairly large expense to hand out freely to recent graduates.

Each of you should have 1 free faction champion boon. You may all slot one boon of any given boon slot, along with any and all slotless boons. Go ahead and list all slotted boons in your alias under a header labeled "Currently Slotted Boons" or something similar.

Second Seekers

LG Male Dwarf Mystic 1 | SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 4/5 | KAC 12 EAC 13 | F +2 R +1 W +6 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Perc +8 (darkvision) SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active Conditions: --- | Boons: Second Seekers, Legacy Heritage (dwarf), Promotional Reroll

Aye-aye? Sorry. Don’t speak kasatha.”

Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

”I could tell you the range, but I don’t want to spoil your fun.” He reviews the missions. ”Order doesn’t matter to me. They’ve all got to get done.”

Wayfinders

Male Android Guard Soldier (Icon)/1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 18 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"I don't believe that the thing actually emits any trackable signal. It could certainly be accomplished in some fashion, but that would seem exorbitantly expensive."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

"You know Shorty" replies the Kasatha smoothly with a s+&+ eating grin "almost everyone in the actual world has heard of Alcoholics Anonymous, also known as AA. But then again, seeing how your cargo-barge left you behind, you must be the slow one... And I'm not just talking about your boo..."

He stops, interrupted by Tinker 7. After letting him finish his piece he continues: "Thankfully we have someone to make up for the dwarven castaway." With a not-so covert wink at Tink, he places his hand on the device. "Name's Da'at. Or Dot if you're slow on the uptake. Don't worry about him, I'll keep him from putting any of your stuff in his mouth. A pleasure to meet you Tink. You too Portia. And I guess it's cute to have an outreach program for those dwarves who don't understand how the ol' quest for "sky" works" he finishes, with a single hand of the four pointing "up".

Sense Motive DC 10:
Da'at doesn't mean any of the insults as anything more than rough-and-tumble banter. But he also probably doesn't know how to read body language and sense when it's a good time to stop."

Second Seekers

LG Male Dwarf Mystic 1 | SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 4/5 | KAC 12 EAC 13 | F +2 R +1 W +6 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Perc +8 (darkvision) SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active Conditions: --- | Boons: Second Seekers, Legacy Heritage (dwarf), Promotional Reroll

"Which world? There are ten of them just in this star system alone--not counting world stations like this or your own people's or my people's fleet."

Is Da'at actually showing off his mouth?

Mordin eyes the kasatha askance as he continues his litany of insults. "Determinedly rude kasatha aside, where do you all want to head first?"

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. watch ur step,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+5,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 11/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Quick question..where do I find and download my faction boon. Padme' is a member of the Dataphiles. Also I have A PFS t-shirt year of the risen storm..does that still give me a re-roll?

culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Padme' looks around at the others in the room with her. It is clear her next task is to meet with the leader of her faction, Historia-7. However, a feeling of apprehension overcomes her at having to face such a notable personality alone. The feeling in of itself gives Padme' pleasure in the knowldege that it exist. However, that does not change the impact of the feeling on Padme' herself...discomfort.

It is logical to adjust to the re-programming of your emotional cortex Padme'. Although your inception date is over 12 years..you have just finished a vigorous data wipe and re-format..After all, few androids have volunteered to take on the necessary protocols, you are trained for...It's only natural..that, you should experience anomalies in your core. Perhaps, you will become accustom...perhaps the discomfort will remain. It will be a curious journey...Is that not why you choose the wipe?

Her mind made up Padme' announces to the others, I will need to meet with my faction leader for further instructions..Would any of you like to join me? Seeing a couple of surprised faces Padme' quickly adds, I'd be only too happy to accompany you to your various faction leaders headquarters as well..

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 1; SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 3/4; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +0, R +4, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +2; Perception +4; Slotted Boons: Acquisitives Champion

Popping in real quick to touch base before disappearing back into wedding events. @GM, I have a slotless boon and a starship boon besides Acquisitives Champion, but otherwise nothing. Reynold will also take the graft.

A tall, slightly stocky human with stubbly facial hair strides into the room. Nearly imperceptible signs of his second skin armor flicker out between the holes in his overclothes, but he seems largely dressed like a rugged pre-Gap explorer. His face seems sour as he enters, but he immediately cracks a big smile upon seeing his comrades.

After listening to Guidance, the man provides his cheeks swab and places his hand on the graft panel. He looks at the glowing insignia on his left palm and smirks. ”Happy graduation, classmates. Guess now we start the interview process for the school of hard knocks. Let’s hope our professors go easy on us poor freshmen.”

He turns to Padme. ”I’m not the best at studying, but if you want to go to coding class first that’s fine with me. Just as long as we get to phys ed eventually.” He jerks his thumb at the hologram of Radaszan.

Second Seekers

LG Male Dwarf Mystic 1 | SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 4/5 | KAC 12 EAC 13 | F +2 R +1 W +6 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Perc +8 (darkvision) SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active Conditions: --- | Boons: Second Seekers, Legacy Heritage (dwarf), Promotional Reroll

"Sure," he says to Padme. "I've got no preference, and we've all got to get to all of 'em."

Starfinder Society boon information can be found in the Organized Play Guide, but simply put: you get one free basic champion boon for one faction, which allows you to earn reputation in that faction for missions. Nothing special to download.

You can find the available Promotional Slot boons here. The short answer is 'Yes.'

Acquisitives

F Human Ace Pilot Soldier 1 – Stamina 9/9 – HP 11/11 – Resolve 3/5 – KAC 15/EAC 16 – Perception +0 – Fort: 3, Ref: +4, Will +2 – GMAC 24 – Speed 30' – Init: +4 - Currently Slotted Boons: Acquisitive Champion

"I don't care which leader we visit first either, like Mordin said we'll see them all eventually." Portia says in agreement, then sticks a thumb in the direction of Padme, "Her leader first sounds swell to me."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

You're right Blake, you wouldn't see the smile or grin; however I imagine that the mask/scarf allows for some sight of the facial muscles (assuming Kasathas smile like us human mammals).

Flexing his top left hand experimentally, Da'at turns to the others. "Sure. Let's go with what Portia said."

Second Seekers

LG Male Dwarf Mystic 1 | SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 4/5 | KAC 12 EAC 13 | F +2 R +1 W +6 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Perc +8 (darkvision) SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active Conditions: --- | Boons: Second Seekers, Legacy Heritage (dwarf), Promotional Reroll

Was just checking to see how far you were taking the attitude. Apparantly, there do exist vulgar kasatha who don't wear the scarfs.


You all walk out of the Lorespire Complex meeting room admiring your new Society Subdermal Grafts, and then make your way off to meet with Historia-7. A few of you (might) take the opportunity to feel out the area and learn a bit more.

Gather Information (Diplomacy)

5+:
Everyone is excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race.

10+:
The latest prerelease song from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form.

15+:
Word on the street is that a dangerous alien predator
got loose somewhere in the Downlow district of the station. The creature is now contained in a warehouse, but not after it impaled a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile.

~~~

The Lorespire Complex, home and heart of the Starfinder Society, is a striking campus dedicated to knowledge. Communal labs and historical departments study the Archives’ massive collection of artifacts and texts, gathered by generations of agents from across the galaxy. A quick search of the directory indicates Historia-7 frequents the Archives’ Cortex, a computerized matrix containing digital records of the Starfinder Society’s most prominent discoveries. The android reclines on a raised chair and is plugged into the local infosphere when the doors open. The neural cables detach themselves from her neck as she swivels in her seat to address the new arrivals. “Greetings, Starfinders,” she says calmly. “I am Historia-7. If you are seeking a mission from me, please be aware that my request requires both discretion and speed. Do not accept it if you feel incapable of working within these parameters."

“I discovered someone recently hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data from the resident corporations. I wish to be privy to this information. I managed to trace the hacker’s location through many proxies and erased the trail so that station and corporate security should be delayed in their pursuit. This deception will not fool them for long, so you must move quickly to retrieve the data before they can recover it. I will leave you to decide what to do with the hacker afterward, but should it be feasible, I believe that person would be an asset to the Society.”


Maps and Handouts have been linked at the top of the page. Please add your initiative and perception mods in, and add an icon for your character. Not just because I'm lazy, but also to make sure you can edit the map. The mission handout has been added to slide 3, and the NPCs you've met on slide 2.

Wayfinders

Male Android Guard Soldier (Icon)/1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 18 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

"I did not expect that every mission the society would ever assign would be leisurely and glorious. I will take the missions as they come, and accomplish them as well as I may." He considers for a moment, [b]"and I shall trust the Society will assign me the best companions for each mission, ones appropriate to the mission."

I believe I placed what you wanted into the file.

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. watch ur step,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+5,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 11/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Padme' had already visited the Lorespire complex a couple times having had incept here on Absalom Station. Therefore she already knew a little bit about the complex, it's history, and inhabitants. However, never one to waste an opportunity to converse with sentients Padme' takes her time and finds out several interesting happenings along the way to the complex.diplomacy gather info: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Historia wrote:
“I discovered someone recently hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data from the resident corporations. I wish to be privy to this information. I managed to trace the hacker’s location through many proxies and erased the trail so that station and corporate security should be delayed in their pursuit. This deception will not fool them for long, so you must move quickly to retrieve the data before they can recover it. I will leave you to decide what to do with the hacker afterward, but should it be feasible, I believe that person would be an asset to the Society.”

It shall be as you suggest faction leader. We will make efforts to recover the data quickly and securely. If possible will will try to persuade the hacker the benefits of working for the Dataphilles faction of the Starfinders. Is there any other useful information we should know about the hacker? Is he or she or it, presumed to be armed? Do you have an an accurate description of the individual? I assume you will reveal the location you've traced the hacker to once the mission brief is complete. Padme' says these things with full confidence that she is not asking extraneous or bothersome questions to her leader.


"Assuming you feel capable of handing this mission, the address of the subject will be given to you. Nothing of the individual is known other than the location of origin."

Second Seekers

LG Male Dwarf Mystic 1 | SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 4/5 | KAC 12 EAC 13 | F +2 R +1 W +6 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Perc +8 (darkvision) SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active Conditions: --- | Boons: Second Seekers, Legacy Heritage (dwarf), Promotional Reroll

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

"Of course we're going to take the job," Mordin scoffs in amusement. "It's what people like us do. I don't know that I'll be much help, but I'll do what I can to assist you hackers."

Wayfinders

Male Android Guard Soldier (Icon)/1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 18 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3 Perc +0
Mordin Gimhargruest wrote:
"Of course we're going to take the job," Mordin scoffs in amusement. "It's what people like us do. I don't know that I'll be much help, but I'll do what I can to assist you hackers."

Tinker grins, ”I see the legendary optimism of the dwarves is alive and well in you my friend.”

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

Da'at manages to scratch both the back of his neck and his side while keeping a set of arms crossed. "Hey, sounds like fun. I'm always ready to try new approaches."

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. watch ur step,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+5,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 11/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Padme' is disappointed at no further incoming Data from Historia-7 but, accepts the challenge regardless. Of coarse leader, we accept the mission. We are ready to leave.

Second Seekers

LG Male Dwarf Mystic 1 | SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 4/5 | KAC 12 EAC 13 | F +2 R +1 W +6 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Perc +8 (darkvision) SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active Conditions: --- | Boons: Second Seekers, Legacy Heritage (dwarf), Promotional Reroll

"Thanks," Mordin says to Tinker with no hint of sarcasm.

Acquisitives

F Human Ace Pilot Soldier 1 – Stamina 9/9 – HP 11/11 – Resolve 3/5 – KAC 15/EAC 16 – Perception +0 – Fort: 3, Ref: +4, Will +2 – GMAC 24 – Speed 30' – Init: +4 - Currently Slotted Boons: Acquisitive Champion

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 6

"Yeah, let's do it. It's probably too much to hope that it's a 400 lb fourteen year old though."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

Along the way out, Da'at begins asking about, gathering information as best he can.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 10


"Good. I will be monitoring your progress."

You are given a an address to a flat in Drifter's End, a district in the station's Ring known for providing cheap housing to vagabonds of all sorts.

~~A short walk later~~

The neighborhood seems pretty rough, and you arrive at the designated coordinates to find an apartment that resembles a cement cube, with several tomato plants in plastic barrels sitting on an otherwise barren porch.

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. watch ur step,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+5,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 11/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Padme' halts a few yards outside the apartment. Let's try this. The cilvilized way first. Examining her companions, she settles on the handsome young man named Reynolds I think he called himself. You look like you know how to talk as well as fight. Padme' spares a brief glance at the rest of her companions . Yes you'll do Reynolds.... did I hear that correct? Padme' makes a brushing motion with her hand as if names didn't mater. I'll need you to back me up in case something goes wrong. We don't need to bust down this persons door. I intend to knock and present our friend with a difficult to refuse offer. The rest of you spread out around the building. Make sure our quarry doesn't try to slip out back or a window Padme' looks to her companions: satisfied with their demeanor, she says, OK let's do this everyone take your positions

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 1; SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 3/4; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +0, R +4, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +2; Perception +4; Slotted Boons: Acquisitives Champion

Image, Initiative, and Perception are up. Gotta play some catch-up now.
Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Diplomacy (gather info): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Padme wrote:
Padme' halts a few yards outside the apartment. Let's try this. The cilvilized way first. Examining her companions, she settles on the handsome young man. You look like you know how to talk as well as fight. Padme' spares a brief glance at the rest of her companions . Yes you'll do Reynolds.... did I hear that correct? Padme' makes a brushing motion with her hand as if names didn't mater. I'll need you to back me up in case something goes wrong. We don't need to bust down this persons door. I intend to knock and present our friend with a difficult to refuse offer. The rest of you spread out around the building. Make sure our quarry doesn't try to slip out back or a window Padme' looks to her companions: satisfied with their demeanor, she says, OK let's do this everyone take your positions.

Reynold cracks a smile at the android. "On a good day I can do both at the same time. And we might want to learn a bit about our mystery hacker before deciding what makes an offer 'difficult to refuse.' Just...flip your charm sensors on, or whatever you half-bots do, and make nice. You hit 'em high, and I'll hit 'em low." After a quick thought, Reynold pats Padme on the shoulder and says, "That's a figure of speech. Don't actually...you know...hit them."

Acquisitives

F Human Ace Pilot Soldier 1 – Stamina 9/9 – HP 11/11 – Resolve 3/5 – KAC 15/EAC 16 – Perception +0 – Fort: 3, Ref: +4, Will +2 – GMAC 24 – Speed 30' – Init: +4 - Currently Slotted Boons: Acquisitive Champion

Listening to Padme's advice, Portia attempts to slip around the building to make sure there's no back exit.

Perception check if needed: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP 5/5| EAC: 14 / KAC 16 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +3| Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Azimuth Lazer Cannon 20/20, Homade Grenade: Stickybomb Grenade| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

Da'at nods but opts to remain with Padme. "Got enough people going for the rear. I'll stick around with you. Juuuuuuust in case. I'll stay back a little. Let you do your thing."


There does not appear to be a back exit to the house. There is a small window, however it is small and barred and not likely an easy escape route.

The knock at the door is greeted by a young human male. "Erm... good morning? And you are?"

Boxes of nutrient broth, gardening tools, and various cultural knickknacks clutter the floor inside.

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 1; SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 3/4; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +0, R +4, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +2; Perception +4; Slotted Boons: Acquisitives Champion

Reynold clears his throat. ”Hello there! Pardon our intrusion, my name is Reynold, and my associates and I are members of the Starfinder Society.” Reynold displays his glowing insignia as evidence, then approaches the man and lowers his voice.

”One of our superiors traced an exceptional amount of data back to this location, data plucked from some unwitting corporate computer systems. Lucky for you, our boss is keen on seeing some of that data and getting to know the genius responsible for liberating it on a more, shall we say, compensatory professional level. Such an opportunity is a rare boon, especially since I’m guessing that if we traced the data back to this source, then the rightful owners of said info won’t be far behind us, and probably more likely to want to get to know the one responsible on a more, shall we say, batons-and-lasers-pointing-at-their-face level. I’m guessing our level is the more appealing one. You woundn’t happen to know anything about a giant heaping mound of mystery data floating around this establishment, would you?”

1 to 50 of 405 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Debug's PbP Gameday 6: SFS 1-01 The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.