Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Cwethan's The Cost of Enlightenment

Game Master Cwethan


51 to 100 of 116 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon nods at the high priestess none too subtle suggestion, that the Roidiran's be met with harsher repercussions. But, deep inside Eamon knew that it was unlikely, the Decemvirate's plans included messing with Qadarin internal affairs to the extent it would draw attention to the Pathfinder Society. No the Society likes to hide behind the facade of impartiality. Eamon's natural inclination was similar to that of the High Priestess, to stomp out disorder before, it could sow the seeds of insurrection.

We appreciate your candor High Priestess, In Taldor we tend to take a more ...er...shall we say marshal approach to civil disobedience. Eamon says this without a hint of guilt or remorse and perhaps more than a little satisfaction. However, as much as I am fond of my homeland, I have pledge myself to new masters for a time. Now I find myself in your home and likewise, I present myself and my companions at your service. Eamon prostrates himself before the priestess. Eamon motions his companions to do likewise. (can I get aid another diplomacy from you all?) As representatives of the Pathfinder Society, we offer our services to you regarding this cult of Roidirans. Use us in whatever manor you see befitting...as long as it does not compromise the Societies relationship with his Royal Higness Satrap Xerbystes II.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Al-Sahbah gives a quirk of her lips at Eamon's display. There are many in my country who would not relish being compared to the Taldans, but that enmity is its own problem. The war with Taldor is not the first and final word on our destiny in Avistan.
There is so much mistrust between us all; my people fear many Avistani, and many Avistani think us all entryists who will subvert their countries from within. My own dear wife was disowned by some of your countrymen when she married me and applied for Keleshite citizenship.

This is not how things should be; we should lead the way to more enlightened relations. Avistani-born distractions like the Roidirans don’t
help.
Normally I would send my own paladins into the wilderness to investigate the source of their turbulence, but at the zenith of the Sunwrought Festival the city's population practically doubles, and this time of unrest is no time to tax them further.

If you consent, I would take it as a kindness for you to undertake these investigations.

Dark Archive

AC20/T12/F18/CMD18||HP30[30]F:+5 R:+5 W:+2||Resist C,E,F/5|Init.+2|Percept.+7 Tiefling Slayer 3

Abraxi manages to stifle a snort as Ramon speaks, then begins to speak in support of the man's statement. But, as the priestess divulges her motive, he falls silent and listens. Smiling, he runs his hands together. "At last we arrive at the heart of the matter. I'm sure my companions will agree to such an.....excursion. What information can youh provide us of the area we would be traveling to? Isolated? Heavily guarded? Possible to approach unnoticed?"

Silver Crusade

1/2 Orc Medium 1.0, HP:10/10, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14 F:+4, R:+4, W:+4, Init:+2, Perc:+4

We have dealt with insane goblins, traitors to crown, fire worshipers trying to burn the world, and crazed spirits. Yes, unfortunately, the Pathfinders are often called upon to deal with the forces of disorder. We should be glad of the opportunity to help seal with this issue.
However, as should be obvious, any material or informational help that you can provide is only likely to help ensure success.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4 Wand:clw 34/50

Lynn nods at the fact that even she has had to get he hands dirty in dealing with the societies 'issues'. "Let us not jump to any hasty decisions, before accepting your proposal we must know exactly what it is you wish us to do. One does not go blindly into a situation, even if they have the light of Sarenrae to their back, of that I am sure you are very aware." She hadn't risen from her spot to join Eamon in his eager stand and instead sipped at her tea once more. She didn't like how easily the others were jumping onto the 'lets go kill a bunch of cultists' boat and wasn't about to hop on so easily.

"Do you wish for us to simply disrupt their operations? Steal some important litanies of theirs? Silence a leader, though i'm not one for such things as assassination... that would simply be uncouth, but slaying one who is truly insane may be an exception i'm willing to make. Regardless we must know what you wish of us."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue 1 [ HP 9/9 | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort 0 Ref +5 Will +2 | CMD 14 | Init +5 | Perc +7(8-traps) | Effects: none ]

Drorlud, whom also holds no religion secretly admires what he has heard about the Roidirans using knowledge to guide their choices, and wonders what her real issue with them is?

Without meaning to sound disrespectful, but what are these acts of disorder these Roidirans have been committing? as from what ive heard so far it sounds like you dislike that they have a differing philosophy to your own, and that alone shouldn't be reason to take issue with someone. he ponders for a minute that this may get him in trouble.... Of course, I am willing to help with an investigation into such matters, I just would like to know what they have been doing

SenseMotive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


The priestess gives a surprised blink. I see that I have been unclear. Sarenrae is not an evangelist, and she condemns faith imposed by the sword. "As in her heaven, so on Qadira’s earth." Our laws enforce religious pluralism, and this protects even Roidira’s devotees. This also acts to protect the ascetics of the White Feather, though thankfully they are for the most part well behaved.

Especially since as of late, the Roidirans have not returned the gesture of goodwill.

You were fortunate to arrive on a day free of disruption from them. Yesterday they flooded the Temple Square holding signs and haranguing festivalgoers, even children! Telling them that there is ‘only darkness’ and that ‘even breathing is pointless.’ Such blasphemous disrespect in the midst of a holy festival incensed citizens, some of whom started fights. I myself had to intervene in a scuffle—on my temple’s doorstep! It’s all gone too far.

Regardless, I do not ask you to hunt them down, or assassinate them. I hope to understand what is the cause of their recent aggression, after all, not lash out at them in a fit of pique! It may even be that investigations within the city will provide sufficient revelations, though I suspect you will need to examine the site of their pilgrimages to truly find the heart of these troubles.

Drorlud, she seems to be mostly straightforward here.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon nods sagely again at the High Priestess wisdom, though he himself doesn't quite understand why she doesn't have her Paladins imprison all the Roidirans, he never-the-less respects her authority. Of coarse high priestess, we should investigate the root of what has given these cultist such audacity. Eamon shows genuine irritation. May I ask what information you have to share about their pilgrimage site High Priestess? Where is it located? Is it guarded? Should we use guile to infiltrate? Can we expect resistance if we approach without disguises?


I don't have specific information about the pilgrimage site, but I can recommend places you might begin your search: The first is a local tavern and gambling hall frequented by mine workers, the Flaming Scimitar; the second is an elite club for the city’s great and good, the House of Two Rivers. Normally I would not expect that there would be any information on the Roidirans in such a place, but a White Feather Ascetic named Vashti al-Amiyyah can typically be found there. She is rather less isolated from the rest of the world than her fellows, and may have an unique perspective on these events.

Al-Sahba reaches into a pouch at her waist and withdraws a series of brass rings emblazoned with her house's device. These will see to it that all know I stand at your shoulder in this matter. Do you have any further questions?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue 1 [ HP 9/9 | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort 0 Ref +5 Will +2 | CMD 14 | Init +5 | Perc +7(8-traps) | Effects: none ]

Feeling slightly embarrassed at suspecting there was something more sinister going on here. please accept my sincerest of apologies, I didn't mean to insinuate that you had an ulterior motive here, It would be my pleasure to investigate what is going on with these guys!

Drorluds eyes light up at the chance of a visit to either the tavern or the gambling hall.

Maybe we could go to the tavern for an after dinner drink? not sure how receptive to locals are to foreigners, but is worth a try.

Thank you very much for your hospitality High Priestess, I hope we will return to you with some useful information.

Dark Archive

AC20/T12/F18/CMD18||HP30[30]F:+5 R:+5 W:+2||Resist C,E,F/5|Init.+2|Percept.+7 Tiefling Slayer 3

Having questions he can think of, Abraxi stands quietly and shakes his head.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon ask, High Priestess, a couple questions before we depart. Would you happen to know the name of the leader of the Roidirans? Eamon waits for the first answer before asking the next question, This last question is asking a bit of speculation on your part High Priestess, Eamon pauses to catch his breathe, Could there be another power provoking the Roidirans...you've indicated yourself that their aggressive behavior of late is a newer development. I was wondering your thoughts on, what might have changed? I of coarse acknowledge that, you've employed us for answers...not speculation. ..Still it would be helpful to, learn your suspicions, we being new to your lands and all.


I am afraid that I cannot provide you with the answers you seek, but I can provide you a little more aid in finding them.

The meal completed, al-Sahba leads you to the temple storeroom, and provides you with a few carefully labeled potions, 2 Endure Elements, 6 Cure Light Wounds and a Pyxes of Redirected Focus.

There is another matter. As your venture-captain most certainly told you, I serve the satrap as one of his Peerless advisors. While I am not at liberty to discuss the satrap’s precise wishes, know that he has taken an interest in this matter as well. Powerful forces indeed are watching your moves from here on out. My shade to you tomorrow, Pathfinders. Go with Sarenrae.

Where to?

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

It is our pleasure to serve High Priestess. Eamon bows and departs when dismissed. After he leaves the temple, Eamon says; The food was excellent at her holiness Al-Sahbah's residence; However, my throat is dry in this climate...I suggest we take Drorlud up on his suggestion to, buy us a drink! Eamon winks with a mischievous grin at Drorlund, as he pushes past the man and ask one of the temple guards where the Flaming Scimitar is located.

Dark Archive

AC20/T12/F18/CMD18||HP30[30]F:+5 R:+5 W:+2||Resist C,E,F/5|Init.+2|Percept.+7 Tiefling Slayer 3

Abraxi nods in agreement. "Agreed. The best starting place would seem to be the tavern."


It doesn't take long to find the popular gambling hall/bar, and though you're given a hard glare by the bouncers, on seeing your rings they part like curtains to usher you in.

Inside it is clear that the Flaming Scimitar thrives at this hour. The clatter of dice and gems on tables threatens to drown out the surging conversation and clinking steins around the bar. It’s a rough place, where the smoke clings to the ceiling as if in respect of the strength and grit thronging beneath it. The smell of tobacco and incense is thick enough in the air to drink. It seems every dockworker, sailor, miner, and farmer in Qaharid is here, the men and women whose labor moves the city.

What do you do?

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Before moving toward the serving station or bar area...Eamon takes a moment to carefully look around the place. His particularly interested in anyone that takes an interest in him or his companions. He's also on the look-out for any persons with obvious involvement with the Roidirans or White Feather sects. perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Not satisfied with his first look around the room Eamon says a quick prayer to Iomedea (cast guidance on himself) and looks around the room one more time before proceeding further in to the room. perception: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Hmph! they all seem to mind their own business here in Qadir, actually a pleasant change from the seedy dens in Korsovo..Well time to order a drink!

Eamon walks strait up to the person who seems in charge of refreshments and says My good person, we are thirsty pilgrims here to pay homage to the Dawnflower on her chosen festival day. Please one of your best tables and sit us near some people of interest so we can learn more of the local happenings and traditions of your city and it's people. Eamon hands the person a gold coin (which I will deduct at end of adventure) and waits expectantly to be seated. not sure what you want bluff or diplomacy. will give you both under the spoiler.

rolls:
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4 Wand:clw 34/50

Sorry for the absence guys work has had me wiped out this week.

Lynn tried to enjoy the meal while it lasted feeling that she went off on the wrong idea about the priestess and her thoughts on the Roidirans. She silently followed the group, they were right the best place to find answers was usually the place where lips were loosest, the tavern. When they find themselves in the tavern she quickly goes to work perusing the various tables and customers, trying to listen in on any conversations or rumors and perhaps even chatting up a few of the already lubricated patrons. She'd meet up with her compatriots after her foray into the familiar, but not quite, territory that is Qadir pub-life.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Diplomacy(gather info): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue 1 [ HP 9/9 | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort 0 Ref +5 Will +2 | CMD 14 | Init +5 | Perc +7(8-traps) | Effects: none ]

Seeing the expression on Lynns face Dont worry, I thought the same, and to be honest there is still something that doesnt sit right with me about it all.

After they are comfortably seated, he looks towards Eamon Guess you are right, probably is my round. Come and give me a hand buddy. whats everyone having?

Once at the bar and waiting for the drinks to be poured Drorlud scans the bar to see if he can spot anyone that looks like they might know something

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

He thinks he spots some potentially likely people please fill in the blanks, i will carry on as if success but will leave as much open as possible. and decides that once he has put the drinks down that he will try to blend into the crowed and see if he can overhear their conversation

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

And with these dice rolls, likely trips up and spills their drinks in the process!

worried that he made it a bit too obvious he tried to make it look like he dropped something

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Dark Archive

AC20/T12/F18/CMD18||HP30[30]F:+5 R:+5 W:+2||Resist C,E,F/5|Init.+2|Percept.+7 Tiefling Slayer 3

Abraxi follows the party into the tavern and pauses to take in the crowd and establishment.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Frowning as he feels he is unable to pick up any cues, he moves around looking for games of chance.

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 19; Tch 15; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +7

Stonelance quickly finds himself in a corner with a drink quietly observing the crowd.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


While you do get more than your fair share of challenging looks, they tend to soften as they see your local affiliation.

As the conversations resume Eamon and Lynn are quickly swept into a rowdy knot of miners celebrating the recent promotion to foreman of a barrel-chested man named Adar al-Zareef. He has mentioned a couple of things about the Roidirans to give the sense that he's bumped into them out in the wild, but seems very focused on his drink, his friends' jokes, and his dice, and would rather carouse than talk about grim things.

Stonelance spies another likely target. A tall sinewy woman hunched over the bar who gives a little shudder when she hears the Roidirans brought up.

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 19; Tch 15; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +7

Stonelance quietly makes his way to Eamon.

"I think you might have some luck with her." Stonlances whispers while pointing out the tall sinewy woman to the cleric.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day
Stonelance wrote:

Stonelance quietly makes his way to Eamon.

"I think you might have some luck with her." Stonlances whispers while pointing out the tall sinewy woman to the cleric.

.

Eamon shifts his gaze to the lithe woman. Unable to see her face he shifts his position a little. When he does finally get a glance of the woman and determines she is indeed attractive, Eamon pats Stonelance now on the shoulder, quite right Stoneface, I’ll take it from here. Wouldn’t want that grim expression of yours scaring fair maid away would we!? HAR! Seriously good job though, more refined folk will now take over, Eamon says the last part without any irony as he walks away from Stonelance toward the woman.

After he moves a couple feet, Eamon turns to Stone, smiles , points two fingers at his own eyes, then his index finger at Stone, followed by a thumbs up. Just as quickly, Eamon snaps around on his heels and returns to his stalk of the thin woman.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue 1 [ HP 9/9 | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort 0 Ref +5 Will +2 | CMD 14 | Init +5 | Perc +7(8-traps) | Effects: none ]

Walks over to Stonelance Next round of drinks says he strikes out!

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 19; Tch 15; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +7

"Always seem to find myself on the loosing side of a bet." says Stonelance, frowning at the departing Eamon.

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4 Wand:clw 34/50

Lynn though unaware of the exact nature of the celebration at first joins in the celebration picking up what little she could. Maybe this Miner chief would be a good person to talk too after his celebration had ended, but it may not end anytime soon. She eventually twirled out of the group and towards her companions, "Seems everyone is having a good time, you guys see anyone that might get us some info?" She then noticed Eamon moving towards a rather somber woman at the bar, "Oh, well let's hope the big guy knows what to say right? I'll take a local wine if you've got some still." the last bit was towards the barkeep and she put down a few silver coins.

I'll subtract 2 or 3 silver at the end.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon walks up to the tall Drink of Water, Of all the Gin joints in the World, I had to meet you here for the first time *har*! Eamon is somewhat bemused at himself for lifting a line from a well know Chelish play. Eamon walks straight up to the tall thin woman hand outstretched, Eamon Valada, charmed to make your aquantience. I’ve been working up the courage to come over and say hello for quite some time now. When the overly loud miner fellow mentioned the Roidirians, I saw a look of distaste flash across your otherwise, lovely complexion. Eamon smiles approaches closer and holds up two fingers for the bartender to see. He leans over as if to whisper to the woman, it was then that I knew I must talk to you. Eamon let’s the suspense of the moment hang in the air as the bartender arrives with two more of each of their chosen beverages.

You see the Roidirians are no friends of mine either. Tell me how they’ve wrong you, so I can take swift vengeance for fair maid. Eamon winks but pats his sword hilt at the same time. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 going to take my t-shirt re-roll right here. diplomacy re-roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Vengeance... vengeance would be a bit much. They didn't do anything to me exactly.. She shudders again and takes a long slug of her beer before continuing, There’s a camp outside the city where these Roidirans meet up with one another and spend the night before heading north towards the jungle.

I don’t know where they go after that.

But I got some work on the side on my day off escorting these folks to the camp, and they were just... wrong. They were chanting or something, starting each new bit with ‘There is no meaning; there is the goddess,’ something like that.
I asked the head guy what they meant. I haven't been able to get it out of my head since:
‘Only when your mind is empty will you hear the scream of a hundred mouths crying out the goddess’s word.’ You better believe I didn’t say two words to him after that - hearing that echoing in my head is bad enough, don't need to have him add more blasphemies into the mix.

Anyone continuing with the new foreman?

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day
Sinewy lady wrote:
hearing that echoing in my head is bad enough, don't need to have him add more blasphemies into the mix.

Eamon suppresses a genuine urge to shudder himself. Could these Roidirans be using some type of mind magic to enchant the masses? Despite himself Eamon does give in a shudder at the last thought. Eamon puts on his most comforting face. Yes..yes this group has always been trouble from what I've heard and know of them. Best you stay away for now miss. Perhaps my friends and I will investigate them further when we find the time. Is there anything else we should know? Eamon raises an eyebrow questioningly, not really expecting anything else fruitful from the woman.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

after the woman is through talking:
Eamon listens carefully to the rest of what, the tall attractive woman has to say; then he departs by kissing her hand and saying, Thank you very much er umm..I seem not to have caught your name...how terribly embarrassing. If I haven't mentioned it before I'm Eamon Valda. If you can forgive my rudeness I'd like to make it up to you by buying you another drink...perhaps later..somewhere more quiet? Eamon's eyes are alight with hope. I do not know the city that well perhaps you could suggest a place to stay? The flaming Scimitar seems alive, if not a bit noisy; are you staying here? Would you recommend it? I can already tell you I've found some of the clientele quite appealing.. Eamon tries to brush her cheek with his hand.
diplomacy to seduce: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

(note: whether or not Eamon closes the deal. or gets slapped..he exits with the following flourish.)

Well my lady, thank you for all your help. I really must get back to my friends now. We will continue or talk later? Eamon winks at the woman and walks back to his friends to share the news.

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4 Wand:clw 34/50

Lynn sipped at the drink as it was delivered, "Think we might be able to get something out of the foreman without breaking his buzz?" She looked to the bounding crowd surrounding him and the way they wildly swung their mugs in song.

"I mean i'm used to rowdy tavern folks but this is not something right up my alley."

I could try to get the foreman away but i don't know if the crew wants to try that route, the lady seems to be providing a bit.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day
Lynn Kuro wrote:
I could try to get the foreman away but i don't know if the crew wants to try that route, the lady seems to be providing a bit.

go ahead and try..might get something useful out of him.

Eamon returns to the group with a wry smile and proceeds to tell them all the pertinent information tall lady gave him. He adds, I think we should be on our guard around this bunch..they may be using some type of mind magic to control their subjects..


The woman scowls and flashes a ring at Eamon, Stick to adventuring!

Aside from any plans you guys come up with, you could always try to keep up with the carousing via Fortitude, Profession (Gambler), or Sleight of Hand.

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4 Wand:clw 34/50

ill have a post out tonight just remembered lynn has sleight of hand ill post when i get home

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4 Wand:clw 34/50

Lynn grabbed the rest of her drink and smiled at the group, mostly turning to Eamon, "Watch and learn boys." She swung over through the crowd trying her best to move with the bounding sways of the stocky men celebrating the festival and started to hoot and holler along-side them. She tried to make her way towards the newly elected foreman at his table where she watched the game that they were playing for a while until the foreman won a significant hand.

If this happened she'd move in with her drink, "Well that was a nice win why don't you come over to the bar and grab a drink with me for a bit let the others have a go at winning some? We can see if you can win the bigger prize."

If he isn't really up for that then I guess i could use a charge of my Charm Person DC 15 and try to coax him out of the crowd that way and tell us what we need to know.
Either way I'm not sure exactly how you suggest we use the sleight of hand, my guess was to gamble but cheat, but i came up with this as a way to maybe get him to answer us.


Throw a diplomacy my way, and we'll see how it goes :)

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4 Wand:clw 34/50

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Diplomancer hooooooooooooooooooooooo


Adar al-Zareef, That's Foreman al-Zareef to them, ha! has a habit of punctuating any statement that's slightly humorous with an aggressive bark of a laugh, but it's simple enough for Lynn to maneuver him away from his crew, and he's thrilled to have an attentive audience for his lengthy work stories:

...One of these days Maharev is going to turn into a giant sink hole because of all the earth we’ve dug up, ha!. You think the mines and pits we work at were the only ones? No, no there’s plenty of old mines out there—and good riddance to ‘em, too, ha!.
My last mine was spooky as Hell, and I was the happiest damn pickaxe-wielder in Qadira when we picked the last bit of turquoise from it. There was writing on the walls from those Roidiran fanatics; our medic said it looked like it was written in blood! Stuff about emptiness and how ‘death is knowledge.’ I heard more than one miner murmuring that stuff in their sleep...
He seems to have sobered up, but he keeps speaking, almost driven to explain what he saw as best he can, It wasn’t right, I’m telling you. We almost went on strike until management finally promised us they wouldn’t send us down at night no more. But after dark there were these…things. Wish we had a paladin there. Ain’t some things you can just fix with an axe, you hear? Ha... His laugh trails off. Seems like there's more and more Roidirans around. Maybe they're just more and more disturbing, ha!

Y'know A whole troop of these Roidiran characters passed by our mine -not the haunted one any more, praise the Dawnflower- while we were on break and they started preaching to us about going to ‘find enlightenment,’ that there was a sacred place for their faith in the jungle and asked if any of us wanted to go with. Said they were on ‘Roidira’s Road,’ the path to total knowledge. One of the other miners, Shareef, was actually thinking of doing it, ha! ‘What else have I got to live for?’ he said, like a damned moron. But then the Roidirans started talkingabout their ‘fallen comrades’ in the jungle and something about how the Place of Enlightenment wasn’t for the faint of heart. Shareef got cold feet—and good for him too, ha!.

Dark Archive

AC20/T12/F18/CMD18||HP30[30]F:+5 R:+5 W:+2||Resist C,E,F/5|Init.+2|Percept.+7 Tiefling Slayer 3

Abraxi wanders aimlessly through the tavern, disappointed in himself and not able to contribute.

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 19; Tch 15; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +7

Stonelance scours the place for another corner to take up residence, content with his own thoughts and watching for any possible threats or people of interest.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue 1 [ HP 9/9 | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort 0 Ref +5 Will +2 | CMD 14 | Init +5 | Perc +7(8-traps) | Effects: none ]

Drorlud sees that everyone seems to have it under control. approaches one of the gambling tables and tries his luck, hoping to stack the odds in his favour a little bit...

Slight of hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

So.... do I lose my hands now or something? :p

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon quietly ease drops on the foreman and Lynn's conversation.

Adar al Zareef wrote:
Y'know A whole troop of these Roidiran characters passed by our mine -not the haunted one any more, praise the Dawnflower- while we were on break and they started preaching to us about going to ‘find enlightenment,’ that there was a sacred place for their faith in the jungle and asked if any of us wanted to go with. Said they were on ‘Roidira’s Road,’ the path to total knowledge. One of the other miners, Shareef, was actually thinking of doing it, ha! ‘What else have I got to live for?’ he said, like a damned moron. But then the Roidirans started talkingabout their ‘fallen comrades’ in the jungle and something about how the Place of Enlightenment wasn’t for the faint of heart. Shareef got cold feet—and good for him too, ha!.

Eamon tries to politely interject. Master Zareef, do you happen to know where their camp is in the jungle? Do regular groups of Roidirans take a pilgrimage to this place? If so, how often...are they easy to follow? Eamon lets the first part of the question sink in before quickly adding. [b] You mentioned a mine. One that had Roidiran writing on the walls...do you think it worth our time to investigate this mine? If so could you tell us where it's located? We are on a very important mission from high placed sources. You'd be doing both the crown and the church of Sarenrae a great service if you were to aid us.


Drorlud doesn't go flying through a window, but that's mainly because glass is expensive. He is strongly 'encouraged' to leave, however.

Adar doesn't know where the Roidiran camps lie or any patterns to their movements, though he is able to draw you a map to the abandoned mine, and fills in its many inadequacies with substantially more detailed directions.

You're pretty sure you could find the place, but it would be a good day's travel outside of the city.

Anything else?

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon thanks the miner foreman and returns to the group with the map. He is told that Drorlund has been "escorted" outside, so he settles the bill and encourages everyone to leave The Flaming Scimitar as quickly as possible. Outside he clears his throat while pointedly not looking at Drorlund. Despite some er...ut um... minor set-backs this evening. We've managed to gather some pertinent information and a crude map to a location that might produce more leads in our investigation.

Eamon looks around the avenue and street wary of prying eyes and ears.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 He lowers his voice to a whisper and leans closer to his companions as he whispers, I suggest we turn in for the night. In the morning we can take our sunrise meal at this House of Two Rivers, where this White Feather Vashti al-Amiyyah, supposedly resides. Eamon pauses, to make sure the others agree with his suggestion.

As it seems we will be traveling through desert to reach the mine, this foreman spoke of. I will call on Saren....ah er...I mean Iomedea! Eamon's face is flush with embarrassment, for a moment. Yes um sorry the Inheritor is my Goddess and has chose me yes..er..I must have the High Priestess Al-Sahbah on my mind...yes that must be it! hehe.... Eamon averts his eyes for a moment and fervently whispers a quick prayer of forgiveness to Iomedea.

What I meant to say.. Eamon has regained some authority in his voice. is..after we meet with this Vashti al-Amiyyah. I believe we should take a trip out to this mine in the desert; barring a better lead. Eamon pauses to let the others voice their opinions. He then says, Well anyway when we do venture to this mine I will be calling on.. Eamon pauses and carefully enunciates each syllable of his Goddesses name, I'..O'...meh'..day's blessing to help me through the heat. I believe the High priestess gave us two vials of similar magic..we should distribute that magic to those who need it. Also we should each take one of the healing potions offered it's the only prudent thing to do. Eamon pauses for a moment his brow furrowed in thought and worry. Oh yes I forgot I can pray that... still said slowly but not so forcefully this time. Iomedea grants, one other, a respite from the burning desert heat. Let me know if one of you would like to share in my goddesses bounty.

behind the curtain:
If you bothered to read this whole post, your probably reading this. Therefore, you may be curious as to why I had my character say another God's name reverentially. Well...I've decided Eamon is about to go through a crisis of faith. Don't worry, it won't affect anything in this scenario mechanics wise. I will en-devour not to cross the line and become an ex-cleric of Iomedea mid adventure. However, since I do plan on changing some things about Eamon before he becomes second level I thought I'd use the game as an opportunity to roll-play out why Eamon would decide to change. The hints will be subtle but noticeable to those looking for them. Eamon was never very faithful to the Church of Iomedea anyway. He saw it, like many things as a path to power, glory, and recognition. But , recently he's felt constricted. He still believes and respects and admires the power of the Gods. He just feels un-attached to Iomedea presently..and is questioning his calling.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4 Wand:clw 34/50

Eamon could almost noticeably see Lynn inflate at the cheeks like a puffer fish as he moved in on her mark. But she simply let him talk, rolling her eyes and moving away back towards the rest of the group. "Loosen his lips and the cleric sweeps in to steal the glory."

She shook her head and joined Drorlund outside looking fairly flustered herself, she huffed and puffed and blew herself out before Eamon rejoined them and then listened to him. Taking the words to heart she shook her head, "We should probably at least get the information that we can today that way we can settle and think on it before we make our plans. If we wait till tomorrow we won't be able to settle our minds on anythi- She paused at finally noticing his slip up.

Lynn couldn't resist the urge to tease him about what he just said."Wait did you just slip up about a married woman? For shame Eamon what would your order think about you, lusting after a forbidden love." She placed the back of her hand over her forehead dramatically, "But high priestess I care not if you are already taken by another I wish to throw my hat into the race, give me one chance to win your heart, just one my dear love please. If it is not I you choose i shall surely perish in the heat of this unforgiving desert without your great bosom to shade and care for me."

She then pretend feinted into Dro's arms ending the scene her tongue lazily lolling out of her mouth.

Dark Archive

AC20/T12/F18/CMD18||HP30[30]F:+5 R:+5 W:+2||Resist C,E,F/5|Init.+2|Percept.+7 Tiefling Slayer 3

Having little luck getting anyone to talk to him, Abraxi follows Drorlund outside and waits with the failed card cheat.

Picking at his teeth with his knife, he listens to Ramon, shrugs then nods at the plan, and stifles a yawn with the back of his hand. "Seems like a solid plan. I can go with it."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue 1 [ HP 9/9 | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort 0 Ref +5 Will +2 | CMD 14 | Init +5 | Perc +7(8-traps) | Effects: none ]

Feeling a little annoyed at getting caught, Drorlud stands around waiting for the others just staring at the floor. eventually they are all outside.

Sorry guys, I guess old habits die hard, busting myself out of a cell wasnt in my plan for this evening!

Watching Lynn tease Eamon breaks the tension, and even elicits a laugh out of him.

I think I agree with Lynn, have a go at getting the rest of the info tonight if we can, will allow us all to sleep on it and think through anything we may have missed, rather than half form a plan in the morning..... On the subject of sleeping, I havent just ruined our chances at getting a bed for the night anywhere have I? would imagine a lot of places are full during the festival!

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1)
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day, seize intit 5/5
Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day
Lynn wrote:
Eamon what would your order think about you, lusting after a forbidden love." She placed the back of her hand over her forehead dramatically, "But high priestess I care not if you are already taken by another I wish to throw my hat into the race, give me one chance to win your heart, just one my dear love please. If it is not I you choose i shall surely perish in the heat of this unforgiving desert without your great bosom to shade and care for me."

Eamon flushes with the sudden attention. Well that wasn't my point ...er ...um...never mind. Eamon waves his hand dismissively. If she wants to tease me it's nothing less than I deserve. It's best she believes me attracted to the High Priestess. Perhaps my true failing will go unnoticed. Eamon looks exhausted at this point. I just thought since we've been drinking and it's already been an eventful night...that, we'd call it a day and start fresh in the morning. Eamon sees that half the group is no longer paying attention to him. You've lost their respect...Iomedea's curse already is falling on you.

You know what? Eamon announces testily. I really don't care about "the plan". As long as we go to The House of Two Rivers and visit this White Feather...I don't care when we go! Eamon kicks some of the dust in the street. Then in a lower voice says Well what are we waiting for? It's getting late...I'm sure this place isn't open all hours like the Flaming Scimitar, here. Eamon leaves his head facing the ground while addressing the group.


The House of Two Rivers is a high-society club that is normally restricted to well-connected people who have purchased memberships. The club’s host initially looks askance at you all, but the sight of al-Sahba's signet rings sends him scrambling to open the doors.

Within, merchant princes and princesses, along with high-ranking officers and public officials, gather here for fine drinks in finer glasses, beneath a ceiling painted elegantly in gold leaf with stars. The stars are connected in fanciful depictions of the constellations of the summer sky.

In one corner, a woman in a red dress croons to tipsy onlookers, and in another, an unusually ascetic woman in white holds court around people whose dress is far more elegantly ornamented than hers.

51 to 100 of 116 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's The Cost of Enlightenment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.