Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Cwethan's Solstice Scar (Session 2, 7-8) (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


401 to 450 of 484 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

Johann would help out, but he doesn't have any preparations of that spell.


Female Gnome Alchemist/Witch 6/2 || HP 70/70 || AC:16 T:13 FF:14 || F:8 R:7 W:5 || Initiative +3 / Perception +10 Gnome
Attack:
[dice=Alchemist Bomb]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Damage]3d4+3[/dice] 5 damage splash, DC 14 Reflex
crossbow:
[dice=Crossbow]1d20+8[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+3[/dice]

Celie grins. Guys, don't mind my laughing... But i think we all need a bit of Fortune for the next few minutes.

She then proceeds to cackle silently every few seconds and slowly hexes each of her teammates with Fortune. I will be at half movement until all the fortunes are used. Fortune

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

"Why thank-you feather-sister" smiles Rhuul.

"I truly don't know what I was thinking. Candle jokes... lowest of the low. Speaking of low candles.."

"How many pathfinders does it take to change a candle?"

He looks around in expectation...

"Three. One to change the candle, and two others to argue about how ancient the old one was!"

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(32NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 4/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 20% Fortification)

Lissa pulls her bag off and digs around for a moment before pulling out a scroll. "I'm not sure that this would help, but you never know..."

It's a scroll with 4 lesser restorations on it. If we need to use it to heal folks up, then I have no issue with using it.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

Apart from -2 to any knowledge checks, Rhuul is okay. You'll just have to put up with light bulb candle jokes until he recovers naturally. He might even venture in blonde elf jokes. Shudder

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

We could switch off, Andrietta could cast from the scroll and Johann could use the wand, as alchemists can use spell trigger items but not spell completion ones.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

"So.. I was in Absalom. Well, obviously we all were, but anyway, this elf comes up to me looking real worried. He said 'Rhuul... you're a knowledgeable kind of a guy.' And I was thinking, this is one clued up elf. Then he continues 'Do you known what IDK stands for? It's driving me up the wall.'"

The dwarf shakes his head. "'I Don't Know' I said. He looked shattered. 'I guess nobody does' he replied almost in tears."

Rhuul just can't help himself, rolling around on the ground in laughter.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Street Poet 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 23(19 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 24 25 (26 v. Overrun) | F: +10, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 v. Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Challenge: 0/3 Used | Tactician: 0/2 Used| Panache 0/2 Used | Active conditions: Dodge [1min]

I really need to find a mission that doesn't involve bodaks, Jillia thinks to herself, happy be be out of the fight (for a change).

"Keep 'em coming, Rhuul. These fights are taking a toll," she states, trying unsuccessfully to flatten out some of the more recent dents in her armor. "Low five, I guess!"

If it's an option, I'll cash in 2PP to get a restoration from another Pathfinder, sure. Otherwise, I'll just wait it out. Wouldn't be the first time nor the last time. (Hell, it might not be the last time this mission, considering Jillia's typical fighting style.)

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 1/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 1/3 Smite Evil 1/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7*|HP 43/67|AC:28*/T:16*/FF:25*|F:+11/R:+8/W:+10|CMB:+10|CMD: 22/20FF*|BAB: +6*|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

If you're willing to do that Jillia, I'm amenable, and if Lissa wants to use the scroll or swap-off with Andrietta's wand, that'd be highly appreciated, as there aren't a ton of charges on it and having the wand is better for emergencies where a scroll can't be read. Andrietta can provide the casting/triggering part as well as needed.

The grandmother looks at her self-appointed charges and nods a bit.

"Keep this up and we'll all get frozen treats when we're done." she offers hopefully.

"Everyone check your gear, check your team-mate's gear, and get ready. That had to be the 'warm-up', now we have to take the fight to the place we need to be at more 'n' likely. And that's probably going to be rough. Be ready for anything."

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(32NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 4/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 20% Fortification)

Not a problem. I'll just spend 2PP for another scroll of 5 castings. It's a great to have around, especially since a bunch of classes can use it out of combat. I also have a potion of Lesser Restoration on hand too.

"So long as we don't have frozen treats before we're done. I have a back-up for that annoyance, but it's expensive as all get out. I had to bribe an Irriseni witch for it and that was a pain in the butt." She pulls out a vial of a glowing violet liquid for a moment, before returning it to her bag.

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

Medda rides by, calling above the din of the raging battle, “The path is clear—we can reach the valley that holds the stone circle. Let us band together and stop the undead tide. I am concerned that some of the foul creatures had the name ‘Eshimka’ on their rotting lips. We must stand together and use all of our power to close this black portal before it’s too late!”

Fighting side-by-side, the Twinhorn following and Pathfinders have carved a path to the stone circle. This affords only a brief opening to stop the undead army, and the fighting will be difficult.

@Table GMs: You have until November 20 to run encounter J on page 38. The “Uncertain Opportunity” condition on page 38 is in effect.


The clearing on the riverbank features a circle of standing stones with a large stone altar at its center. A shadowy tear floats above the altar, so dark that what little light shines from the stars seems to become trapped inside. Eight large tendrils of inky darkness coil around the menhirs as if keeping the stones in a stranglehold. Other tendrils lick out from the shadowy rift as if tasting the air. A strange faceless creature stands among the shadows, its own tendrils of inky darkness flowing from odd parts of its uncertain anatomy. As it sees you draw near if flows forward, almost seeming to flit from shadow to shadow before taking shelter behind a large boulder. Currently out of line of sight

Knowledge (religion) DC 21:
BODY SNATCHER

For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Initiative:
Andrietta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Celie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Jillia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Johann: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Lissa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Rhuul: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Mysterious Undead (Sorry Celie!): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Bold may go
Active effects: Fortune, Flagbearer (30' +2)

Mysterious Tentacled Undead
Lissa
Johann
Jillia
Rhuul

Clearly nothing of consequence
Celie
Andrietta - Weapon Bond

Between tracking down another high level pathfinder to cast restoration and the break cat's grace, enlarge person, and fly have worn off, but since you knew the place you were marching towards and that you were heading for a big fight it's reasonable to have prebuffed with anything that lasts more than 5 minutes or so. Just mention it in your first post.

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Don't forget about Fortune as well.

Silently cackling to extend all of her Fortune hexes, Celie sees the tentacled thing. "We are not in Tian... Why are these here." Smiling, she looks at it. "It's not it's day." she says and hexes it with Misfortune. will 19


Fortune is in the active effects line, and unfortunately the creature is more than 30' away and out of your line of sight.

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Didn't see the map change when I posted. Celie will just cackle and keep Fortune up on her team.

On Celie's turn, She will cackle, keeping the Fortune Hexes running, then float 30 feet forward, 5 feet off the ground.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

religion, int damage: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27

Seeing nothing untoward, Rhuul hurries forward.

Double move forward, assuming he has not seen the body snatcher.
For that religion roll, Rhuul will take vulnerabilities followed by immunities

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(32NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 4/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 20% Fortification)

"I don't like this," Lissa mutters under her breath as she slips forward a little bit, looking out among the trees from the overlook that they came up on. She pauses at the outcropping and looks down the river for a moment before lifting both hands up, the sounds of crashing surf beginning and becoming much louder then normal, as the Varisian waterweaver starts to gather energy in both hands.

5-foot forward
Full round action - Gather Power


Assuming Celie's fly hex was started before the fight, anyone want to have drunk a shield infusion? I promise they're good! (if you don't already have a +4 shield bonus to AC)

Rhuul would've seen it flit across the river, and The Body Snatcher has no vulnerabilities or immunities aside from those common to all undead.

Bold may go
Active effects: Fortune, Flagbearer (30' +2)

Body Snatcher
Lissa - All powered up
Johann
Jillia

Rhuul
Clearly nothing of consequence
Celie - Fly
Andrietta - Weapon Bond

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 1/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 1/3 Smite Evil 1/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7*|HP 43/67|AC:28*/T:16*/FF:25*|F:+11/R:+8/W:+10|CMB:+10|CMD: 22/20FF*|BAB: +6*|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

As noted earlier, when the party is heading into this last little bit, Andrietta is hitting Bull's Strength and Shield Extract (actually raises her AC by one!). Since it was stated that this is a new day, when we get a bit closer she's doing the 'pre-flight checklist' so her wings will be ready. (Will be activating Tengu Wings, it makes her move better and avoid terrain).

K: Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Agraic, redneck of the Scarab Sages intones dramatically "IT'S A TENTATHINGIE!" before getting beaten back behind the nth wall.

Andrietta launches herself skywards, but not too far above as to not benefit from Rhuul using that most amazing blessing of speed ie, Haste. She has no clue what the creature is, but she's also going to attempt to use her perspective to see if there's anything else she can discern about the area.

No, she's not using Detect Evil. She's not stupid. Now, if she hasn't healed the INT damage...

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

OK for Johann to have used Alchemical Allocation with a Fly potion maybe a minute ago or so? If not, that'll be his first round action.
Otherwise:

Johann flies across the river and alights upon the rock, trying to get a good look at the creature and figure out what it is. [ooc]If I can't see it from the rock, he would be flying upward until he does see it.

Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

He'll also pop out a wand and shield himself.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

Rhuul will happily take a shield infusion after that last battle!

"It's a body snatcher..." calls back Rhuul. "A nasty undead critter. No special vulnerabilities or immunities... other than way all undead have. So I guess that is good."

If Rhuul saw it before moving, he would have hit everone with a haste spell and then moved - his improved movement would have ended up with him in the same spot anyway on the map.


Works for me Rhuul! And Johann, the rock should be fine to see it with cover.

Bold may go
Active effects: Fortune, Flagbearer (30' +2), Haste (+1)

Body Snatcher
Lissa - All powered up
Johann - Fly, Shield
Jillia
Rhuul - Shield
Clearly nothing of consequence
Celie - Fly
Andrietta - Weapon Bond, Bull's Strength, Shield

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

Err, no one is bold.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Street Poet 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 23(19 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 24 25 (26 v. Overrun) | F: +10, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 v. Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Challenge: 0/3 Used | Tactician: 0/2 Used| Panache 0/2 Used | Active conditions: Dodge [1min]

"No rest for the victors," an [only slightly] less cheerful Jillia exclaims, nimbly stepping towards the river. (If Johann and Celie are sufficiently airborne, Jillia will hop to the rock in the center, (Acrobatics: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (19) + 27 = 46) ending at the end of the red arrow.)

Move Action: Back to the front!
Standard Action: Martial Flexibility for Dodge (+1 AC)


Mad hops on that halfling!

The Body Snatcher flits forward to meet the Pathfinders mid-stream, arcane energies scintillating around it before it flicks out a long tentacle at Johann. As it draws near, even the roar of the river is swallowed up by dreadful stillness. Silence

Quickened Dispel Magic: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 Gets rid of 1 CL 5 or lower spell from Johann
Tentacle: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Confirm: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
Extra Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Grab: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (1) + 28 = 29

The tentacle slams into the brilliant gnome with awful force, and a horrid slime lingers where its tentacle struck, eating away at his body.

Bold may go
Active effects: Fortune, Flagbearer (30' +2), Haste (+1)

Body Snatcher
Lissa - All powered up
Johann -24, Fly, Shield, DC 17 Fort Save or slimed for Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Jillia
Rhuul - Shield

Clearly nothing of consequence
Celie - Fly
Andrietta - Weapon Bond, Bull's Strength, Shield

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

OK, looks like that's my fly spell gone.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Johann avoids the slime and gasps as he drops to the rock. "Grinding gears! This one can dispel magic!" Or he tries to, anyway, but his moving lips make no sound.

Is there room for Johann to step back away from the creature on the rock? Also, how deep is the water? Could I summon a creature into the water if it was large sized and could stand?


I'd say a small size creature could fit there, though you would still be within the reach of the Body Snatcher's long tentacles. A large sized creature would be able to stand on the bottom of the stream though.

Bold may go
Active effects: Fortune, Flagbearer (30' +2), Haste (+1)

Body Snatcher
Lissa - All powered up
Johann -24, Shield
Jillia
Rhuul - Shield

Clearly nothing of consequence
Celie - Fly
Andrietta - Weapon Bond, Bull's Strength, Shield

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

"I know you think I make a lot of fun of elves. I had an elf on me team once. He said I made fun of them all the time, and they were not all slow. Anyway, to prove it, he said he'd memorised all the capitals of the countries around the inner sea, and he thought that showed a bit of initiative." starts Rhuul with a big breath.

"So... I nodded and said if that were true then indeed, I'd stop mocking elves around him. 'Go on, test me' he said to me. So I asked him 'what is the capital of Cheliax?' He paused for a moment as he thought.." continues Rhuul as the battle develops mid river.

Waving his flag, the dwarf can hardly wait to finish his story.

"And then he looks me in the eye and proudly he says.."

(do you really want to click on that button?):
"C"

Oh yes, inspire courage, +3 to hit and damage is active, though I'll leave it up to any elves present if they feel they can really claim that bonus

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

OK, then it's time for another tiger! I'll assume Jilla has a weapon ready to flank. I'm not sure that flanking helps with grappling but I'll include it as an extra

Johann tosses a flask behind and to the right of the monster, and another desiccated feline grows to full size and attacks!

claw attack with inspiration, flank: 1d20 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13
grab with inspiration, flanking?: 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 3 = 30 +2 more if flanking helps.
claw attack with inspiration, flank: 1d20 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 16 Miss!
bite attack with inspiration, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 3 + 2 = 33
damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 + 3 = 15
grab with inspiration, flanking?: 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 3 = 29 +2 more if flanking helps.

So that's 28 damage from the tiger, and if its CMB is 30 (or possibly 32 if flanking helps) it is grappled.


Didn't see anything that would make an SNA extract not provoke when other extracts do, especially since you're throwing it. Though since there's no concentration involved, the tiger will still show up. I'll assume you're going for the tiger if I don't get a reply before I go to bed tonight, but sing out if the AoO would catch you the player entirely by surprise and you'd like to go another direction. Oh, and flanking would help with the grapple.

If you summon the tiger:
AoO @ Johann: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Grab: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (2) + 28 = 30
Constrict: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Johann takes a ferocious beating, and is quickly wrapped up in the Body Snatcher's tendrils. His bonsai tiger rips and tears at the slippery creature, but is unable to get a good grip on it.

As Johann struggles within the Body Snatcher's clutches terrible premonitions and visions begin to dance before his eyes. All around him is silence, but he can see in his mind's eye the nearby portal crack wide and a terrible blackness begin to envelop the stars, spreading and spreading until darkness is the only sight, the only sound a sinister repeating susurrus that speaks the name Eshkima.
Bold may go
Active effects: Fortune, Flagbearer (30' +2), Haste (+1), Inspire Courage (+3)

Body Snatcher -28, grappling Johann
Lissa - All powered up
Johann -49, Shield, grappled by Body Snatcher DC 21 Fort Save or Shaken and Wisdom Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Jillia
Rhuul - Shield
Clearly nothing of consequence
Celie - Fly
Andrietta - Weapon Bond, Bull's Strength, Shield

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(32NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 4/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 20% Fortification)

With an additional moment of focus, Lissa forms a pair of orbs as opposed to the single she normally makes: one of water and one of the frigid cold. With a significant focus, she brings the orbs together slowly, as the elemental matter in hand begins to react. In seconds, instead of the orbs, Lissa now has control of an icicle the length and width of her arm, which she immediately aims at the undead monster and launches to skewer with.

5-foot forward
Move action - Gather Power
Standard action - Empowered Extended range Ice Blast. With the full round gather and the move gather, that's no burn.

Ice Blast(FB,IC,Haste,Cover, Fortune): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 + 3 + 1 - 4 = 191d20 + 14 + 2 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 + 3 + 1 - 4 = 19
for(FB,IC): 8d6 + 16 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 3, 5) + 16 + 2 + 3 = 47

That's 70 damage if it hits, 35 Piercing and 35 Cold

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Celie Cackles, extending her Fortune hex on her allies. Looking at the tentacle beast. "You're not lucky today." she says and hexes him with Misfortune. Will 19

Reminder. Everyone has Fortune on them. If you really need a reroll, take it."

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 1/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 1/3 Smite Evil 1/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7*|HP 43/67|AC:28*/T:16*/FF:25*|F:+11/R:+8/W:+10|CMB:+10|CMD: 22/20FF*|BAB: +6*|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

Andrietta's Tengu Wings were not mentioned in the buffs, but that's okay.

Only in event of Instant Tiger Syndrome:

May provoke AoO

"You let go of my kid right now you foul thing!" Andrietta bellows as she swoops down to give the tentacled thing a firm walloping with her quarterstaff.

+1 Darkwood Quarterstaff (Ghost Touch, Bull's Strength, Rhuul's Buffs, Haste, Flank, Defensive, 'Higher Ground')Current AC 30: 1d20 + 14 + 6 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 6 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 22

Damage(Bull's Strength, Rhuul's Buffs): 1d6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 5 = 15

Otherwise, won't be able to react/move until others in front of her in the order have gone.

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

Hmm, yes, I would still do it. It's grappling me then, so it gets a -2 to AC and CMD due to the grapple penalty to Dex, , and it can't take AoOs. Does that let the tiger's grabs connect?

Fortitude, +2 more if this is vs. Poison: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Yep, accounted for the grappling penalty, an effective 34 will still miss the grab
AoO @ Johann: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Grab: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (2) + 28 = 30
Constrict: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Johann takes a ferocious beating, and is quickly wrapped up in the Body Snatcher's tendrils. His bonsai tiger rips and tears at the slippery creature, but is unable to get a good grip on it.

As Johann struggles within the Body Snatcher's clutches terrible premonitions and visions begin to dance before his eyes. All around him is silence, but he can see in his mind's eye the nearby portal crack wide and a terrible blackness begin to envelop the stars, spreading and spreading until darkness is the only sight, the only sound a sinister repeating susurrus that speaks the name Eshkima.

Lissa's icy harpoon flashes past the creature, but Andrietta is able to land her strike while it is distracted with Johann

Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Fortune Crit-fishing for Andrietta: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Bold may go
Active effects: Fortune, Flagbearer (30' +2), Haste (+1), Inspire Courage (+3)

Body Snatcher -43, grappling Johann
Lissa
Johann -49, Shield, grappled by Body Snatcher
Jillia
Rhuul - Shield
Clearly nothing of consequence
Celie - Fly
Andrietta - Tengu Wings, Weapon Bond, Bull's Strength, Shield

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Street Poet 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 23(19 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 24 25 (26 v. Overrun) | F: +10, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 v. Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Challenge: 0/3 Used | Tactician: 0/2 Used| Panache 0/2 Used | Active conditions: Dodge [1min]

"Hang in there, Johann," Jillia calls up, pointing her short sword at the undead...thing. "This thing is overdue for obliteration."

Swift Action: Challenge!

Jillia thrusts madly into the mass of tentacles three times over.

Short Sword, Power Attack, Haste, Inspire, Flagbearer: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 26 (+2 more if this counts as flanking)
Damage, Power Attack, Inspire, Flagbearer, Challenge: 1d4 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 7 = 20+7 precision

Short Sword, Power Attack, Haste, Inspire, Flagbearer: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 23
Damage, Power Attack, Inspire, Flagbearer, Challenge: 1d4 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 7 = 18+7 precision

Short Sword, Iterative, Power Attack, Haste, Inspire, Flagbearer: 1d20 + 12 - 5 - 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 5 - 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 27
Damage, Power Attack, Inspire, Flagbearer, Challenge: 1d4 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 7 = 19+7 precision


The Body Snatcher's tentacles noiselessly snap and tear before Jillia's precise strikes, but the creature crushes Johann again in its remaining tendrils, dropping the gnome as he goes limp

It focuses for an instant on Jillia as her blade slides through its flesh, unraveling some of the enchantments that strengthen her. Then with a look of hideous glee it attempts to slip back into the shadows of night to reform in safety within the portal.

But whether it's the pain from its wounds, the threatening claws, blade and staff surrounding it, or just plain bad luck, its concentration falters and it remains at the pathfinder's mercy.

Grapple: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40
Constrict: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Dispel Magic: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 Gets rid of a spell with the highest caster level on Jillia, selected at random if multiple
Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 It needed a 3 to teleport to safety and healing...

Bold may go
Active effects: Fortune, Flagbearer (30' +2), Haste (+1), Inspire Courage (+3)

Body Snatcher -121
Lissa
Johann -61, Shield, Dying! DC 21 Fort Save or Shaken and Wisdom Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Jillia
Rhuul - Shield

Clearly nothing of consequence
Celie - Fly
Andrietta - Tengu Wings, Weapon Bond, Bull's Strength, Shield

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

"So I was eating in this posh elven establishment the other day." starts Rhuul, though anyone who knows him might wonder how the dwarf was ever allowed into them. "And a robber runs into the eatery and steals a knife!"

Rhuul changes tact, and dances a little two step he learned from some pirates a long time ago.

While the dancing dwarf might be a sight, what is more impressive is the ground below him starting to glow, and slowly the path moves out over the water toward Johann.

Path of glory, those in glowing squares gain fast healing/1 while they are in the square, Johann will auto stabilise.

Satisfied that the most immediate of crises is over, Rhuul continues.

"And the elven waiter rushes out brandishing a fork. 'sir, sir, you forgot the fork' he yells."

Rhuul just shakes his head.

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

Fortitude, using Fortune to roll twice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

Can I use a shirt reroll? I own like five PFS shirts and I can post a selfie while wearing one if you like.


Shirt reroll is fine

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Street Poet 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 23(19 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 24 25 (26 v. Overrun) | F: +10, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 v. Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Challenge: 0/3 Used | Tactician: 0/2 Used| Panache 0/2 Used | Active conditions: Dodge [1min]

The dispel will hit the haste- -I think that's the only spell affect active on me.

"Now or never," she thinks to herself out loud, trying to find the softest spot on the wriggling mass with her blade.

Swift: Double precision on my first attack for 1 panache.

Short Sword, Power Attack, Inspired, Flagbearer: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 + 3 + 2 = 33 for Damage, Power Attack, Inspired, Flagbearer, Challenge: 1d4 + 2 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 7 = 22 + 14 precision

Short Sword, Iterative, Power Attack, Inspired, Flagbearer: 1d20 + 12 - 5 - 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 5 - 2 + 3 + 2 = 19 for Damage, Power Attack, Inspired, Flagbearer, Challenge: 1d4 + 2 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 7 = 22 + 7 Precision

Saving the fortune for an inevitable saving throw, maybe. Or just forgot you need to announce it before.


Jillia thrusts her blade clean through the creature. The silence surrounding it is shattered, and the horrible whispers from Johann's visions are suddenly audible to everyone.

Eshkima
Eshkima
Eshkima

The tendrils surrounding the menhirs wriggle and grasp, but you are able to stand safely outside their reach, and begin Medda's sealing ritual.

Eshkima

Each of you can make a skill check using Knowledge (arcana, planes or religion), Linguistics, Perform (oratory), Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device. Expending an ability that uses positive energy—such as casting a spell with the healing descriptor or using lay on hands—grants a bonus on a single check equal to the level of the spell (or number of d6's for channeling or lay on hands). Any agents who have performed a similar ritual in From the Tome of Righteous Repose get a +4 on this skill check

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

reroll with GM star bonus: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11

Bah. Is this a poison effect?

Johann weakly thrashes around on the rock, whimpering from a nightmare even while unconscious. Still at -9 HP even with the healing.


Instant-Onset Disease I'm afraid

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

If you stay in the glowing squares, Johan will get back anoterh 7hp

Rhuul hurries along to the circle. "I know a joke about runes..." he offers as he contemplates the circle.

Loremaster(take20), religion, int damage, spell: 20 + 9 - 2 + 2 = 29

Burns a cure moderate wounds spell to boost the positive energy

"But thinking about it, runes is serious matters, not good material for jokes.."

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl10; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 73/73; Fort +8; Ref +9; Will +9; SM +19; Perc +14; init +4; Music left 29/29

Rhuul is happy to burn his gallant inspiration to give you a reroll Johann, have another try at it.

Rhuul also moves up to heal Johan before closing on the cirlce.

CMW: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 6) + 9 = 19

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 1/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 1/3 Smite Evil 1/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7*|HP 43/67|AC:28*/T:16*/FF:25*|F:+11/R:+8/W:+10|CMB:+10|CMD: 22/20FF*|BAB: +6*|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

Andrietta swoops down and lands next to Johann, planting her quarterstaff into the ground and placing her gauntleted hand on the unconscious and delirious gnome's forehead.

She warbles, chirps and caws at the fallen party member as she does so.

Tengu:
"Grandmother, it is not yet this one's time. Do not take my fledgeling away from me, not when he has given much in the battle for Good, and took the hit that your servant could not. Aid him in this time of crisis, that he might be healthy and whole again."

Lay On Hands (Removes Disease and Fatigue via Mercies): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1) = 10

Remove Disease CL Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Fortune: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"You aren't making this easy, kiddo. Get well, or no frozen treats for you!"

She gently taps the gnome on the forehead with her walking stick.

Lay On Hands (Removes Disease and Fatigue via Mercies): 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) = 8

Remove Disease CL Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Folio Reroll

Remove Disease CL Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

If at that point her entreaties have gone unanswered, she then turns to the far more important binding ritual, putting her full focus and command of language and the power of positive energy to the task.

Linguistics PLUS Lay on Hands: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 3 = 35

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(32NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 4/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 20% Fortification)

Lissa heads to the shadowy tendrils, seeing what she can do to reseal this mistake.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Would Kinetic Healer count? I'm more than willing to take some burn to get a +4 on the roll

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 42/46 | AC 27 T 16 FF 22 | Ft +7 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +10 / Wi +4 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +3 | Per. +12 | Bombs 16/19

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Finally! Thanks Rhuul!

Johann wakes up after the tengu heals him, groaning in pain and shivering. "Felt like everything good and warm in the world was draining out through a hole in my mind... We killed it, then? Thank the gears... and thanks to your Grandmother as well for the healing."

He looks over at the standing stones, where the others are gathering. "Think you could carry me over there with those wings? My spell seems to have failed."

CLW from wand to heal self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 That, along with Rhuul's healing, gets him back to normal. I should have buffed with False life.

401 to 450 of 484 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Solstice Scar (Session 2, 7-8) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.