Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Cwethan's Commencement

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 414 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Go ahead and dot in here

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Scholar) worships Triune | Neutral - Mechanic (Exocortex) 1 | 10/10 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM -1 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 25 ft | F +3 | R +4 | W +1 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) | Memory Module 1/1

Welcome fellow Starfinders to be!
Eric Collins - France reporting w. PANGEA-Alpha (Android, Mechanic-Exocortex)

The Exchange

Kwannon Female human (Tian-Min) magus (mindblade) 1 ( Pathfinder RPG Occult Adventures 121, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 9) N Medium humanoid (human) Init +4; Senses Perception +2 Defense ————— AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 9 (1d8+1) Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3

Dot.
Is the Starfinder Society Rulebook available yet?

The Exchange

Kwannon Female human (Tian-Min) magus (mindblade) 1 ( Pathfinder RPG Occult Adventures 121, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 9) N Medium humanoid (human) Init +4; Senses Perception +2 Defense ————— AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 9 (1d8+1) Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3

Mystics look neat!

Acquisitives

Dot

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 1 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | HP 9/9 SP 5/5 RP 4/4 | F +0 R +2 W +2 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Init +6 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(4/4)

Dotting. Character build is in progress, though I've locked in with Android Technomancer.

The Exchange

Kwannon Female human (Tian-Min) magus (mindblade) 1 ( Pathfinder RPG Occult Adventures 121, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 9) N Medium humanoid (human) Init +4; Senses Perception +2 Defense ————— AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 9 (1d8+1) Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3

I finally got the hardcover. For some reason pdfs are not the best way for me to read.

Dataphiles

'Male' Android Operative / 1 | SP 5/5 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +0 ; Ref +6 ; Will +3 | Init: +9 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 Low-Light, Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | | Spells: | Active conditions: None.

Dot

Second Seekers

Ace Pilot Operative (Ghost)/4 SP 24/24 | HP 28/28| RP 6/6 | BAB +3 | EAC 19 | KAC 19 | Fort +1 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Perc +9 | Init +6

Hello all!


Today is a momentous day for the Society, as it marks the graduation of the first wave of fresh agents from accelerated Starfinder training. You all represent the first step the Starfinder Society is taking to reposition itself at the forefront of galactic exploration.

You've been summoned to the Lorespire Complex once the graduation ceremony has finished by Guidance, the Starfinder Society’s compiled intelligence of Starfinder personalities.

As the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, a green holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room. “Greetings,” it says. “I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.

Subdermal Implant:
SOCIETY SUBDERMAL GRAFT
SYSTEM:Hand
MODEL: Single
LEVEL: 1
PRICE: 150 (But free to you!)
This implant rests underneath the skin of the palm of one hand, or at the end of a tentacle or similar appendage in species that lack hands. The augmentation can be activated or deactivated mentally as a swift action. Activating the implant causes a rendition of the Starfinder Society’s symbol to glow underneath the skin. This augmentation acts as a mark, letting others know you are a member of the Starfinder Society. It also increases the light level within 5 feet by one step while active.

It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment. As you complete these tasks they will signal me to indicate that you have completed each mission.

Here's a summary of the different factions of the Starfinders, should that prove useful. This is also the time for you to slot in any boons you might have, though I'm not expecting that you'll have much in the way of options yet...

Absalom Station info: Culture DC 5:
Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

Culture DC 10:
People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

Culture DC 15 (Ace Pilot, Spacefarer):
A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.

Absalom Station word on the street: Diplomacy DC 5 (Ace Pilot):
Everyone is excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race.

Diplomacy DC 10:
The latest prerelease song from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form.

Diplomacy DC 15:
Word on the street is that a dangerous alien predator got loose somewhere in the Downlow district of the station. The creature is now contained in a warehouse, but not after it impaled a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile

Please introduce yourselves in your first post as well

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sexless Android (Scholar) worships Triune | Neutral - Mechanic (Exocortex) 1 | 10/10 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM -1 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 25 ft | F +3 | R +4 | W +1 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) | Memory Module 1/1

Alpha follows the ceremony with scrupulous attention, giving cheek-swabs, and proudly accepting the subdermal implant on its hand.
"Thank you, Guidance, I am most proud to be a Starfinder Field Agent, and will do my best to rise to the task. Thus this first mission will be accomplished!

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Alpha is not one to listen to scuttlebutt or the word on the street, thus it has no inkling of what people might be saying. It is rather interested in exploring the Holonet and such on its off time, so Alpha does know that all races can be found mingling on Absalom Station, and the locals like and support the Starfinder Society. One thing that it finds worrisome, however, is that the Stewards do not have the means to inspect all the ships circling the Station, so the risk of alien life forms entering undetected is on the rise... and Alpha is happy to discuss this with its fellow Starfinders.
That's the summary of the 3 Culture levels, if any have some Diplo' info' to share?
Boons slotted: Welcome to SFS (& Acquisitives Champion)

Having perused the information on Factions, Alpha only recognizes Radaszam “The Dealmaker”, of the Acquisitives, and it would be very happy to meet the Faction Leader in person. Another honor for the day!

Seeing the other newly-inducted Starfinders that Alpha most probably will be setting out with to accomplish the missions, it bows deep to them: "Well met, fellow Starfinders. I am Prototype Android & Nanite Genesis Enterprise - Akiton PANGEA Alpha model serial #101218-701, but please call me Alpha".
It types away on its Comm' Unit, and sends a VR pop-up page to the people around it: "Here is some information on PANGEA, the company that made me and my brethren": PANGEA.
Alpha is the Heavy-armored model, top illustration

Second Seekers

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 4/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 2

A four armed Kastaha who seems very well armed, swabs his cheek with the provided implement and deposits it where instructed. He also places his top right hand on the indicated planel, allowing himself to be marked to the orgranziation that he has chosen to dedicate himself too henceforth.

It is well to meet you Alpha, you may call me Markar, it will be an honour to fight by your side. he intones through his mask at the Android.

Slotting in Faction Second Seeker Champion and the Slotless Welcome to Starfinder Society boon, choosing the Tattoo of the Starfinder option and crossing the other two off. Did I do this right?

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 1 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | HP 9/9 SP 5/5 RP 4/4 | F +0 R +2 W +2 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Init +6 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(4/4)

Lynn arrives early and spends time checking her datapad before anyone else arrives. As the remaining members of the party file in, she bestows each with a long sidelong glance and a coy smile. She maintains eye contact just long enough that it seems like she recognizes and knows you already.

Lynn has the appearance of a young human girl of about 15 or 16 years of age, with pale, unblemished skin and finely defined features. She has a skinny build with long and delicate limbs, and her bright green eyes shine with youthful energy. Her long turquoise hair is currently tied up in a pair of buns surrounded with a mountain of translucent ribbons. Her outfit looks completely impractical, a long blue dress covered in real and holographic ribbons and beads in white and green, fluttering about in a non-existent wind.

Perception DC15 (Set by Lynn's Take 10 Disguise):
Upon closer inspection you notice a slight glow emitting from the back of her neck. Although some care has been taken to hide it with makeup, the shine of glowing circuitry manages to come through.
Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

As Guidance works through her explanation, Lynn swabs her cheek and drops it off. When the sub-dermal implant is offered, she murmurs out "Oh! Its kinda cute isn't it?", swiftly places her hand on the panel and looks away with a wince as it's implanted.

At the end of Guidance's introduction, Lynn raises her voice "Got it, Guidance! She then quickly spins around to introduce herself to the group "I'm Lynn! I'm still a newbie here, so I hope I can rely on your support!" Lynn says that last bit while shining an earnest gaze at all of you.

She saves Alpha's advertising pamphlet to her datapad and giggles "You look really cool Alpha! Your company's name is a bit hard to say though..." She puts a finger up to her lips with theatrical thoughtfulness. "Maybe something like 'Andro-Makers Akiton'? Then you'd be AMA-Alpha." She puts a hand up to her face to hide her grin.

She steps over to Markar and takes his extended hand in both of her own. She gazes up into his mask and says "I like the mask, very mysterious! Nice to meet you." She shakes his hand vigorously.

She steps away from the Kasatha and raises a finger "Oh! Before I forget." She strides on over to Guidance and with a quiet "May I?" she stands next to the hologram, poses quickly and snaps a selfie. With a quick review of the picture on her datapad, she giggles "Thank you!" and trots back to the rest of the group.

Culture DC15 to know more about Lynn:
You've either heard of Lynn's name or seen her appearance before on Absalom Station's infosphere. If you recall correctly, she's a singer and vid personality that styles herself as an idol. You also know that she began to rise into public prominence in the last couple of years.
If you have any interest or experience with that particular subculture on the Station, you also know that she's somewhat successful, but hardly the most popular idol.

Slotting Wayfinders Champion, I'll have to check out the Welcome boon later.

@Alpha: I really like the advertising page for PANGEA, got a good laugh out of being able to return them for 10% of the cost!

Second Seekers

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 4/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Per: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Markar makes no comment to the newcomer at first though he does shake her hand with his lower right hand.

He wonders how capable the newcomer could be in a real field deployment but it would be rude to make this comment out loud so he stays silent. The Starfinder Society must know what it is doing he assumes.

Dataphiles

'Male' Android Operative / 1 | SP 5/5 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +0 ; Ref +6 ; Will +3 | Init: +9 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 Low-Light, Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | | Spells: | Active conditions: None.

Culture, Ace Pilot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Having spent much of his time on the way to the Lorespire getting the feel of Absalom station and its locale, Cybel finds much from passer-bys, seemingly eager to tell one and all the current business. There are several things on people's minds today and Cybel ponders them as he stores the information for later use. The 'Junkrace' seems of some interest, the idea of controlling such a device sending thrills through his circuitry. As for the 'Pop Band' that he cared little for, seem frivolous, and the beast? Well a few dead humans never hurt anyone.

Snapping back into the present, Cybel listens to Guidance's introduction and ceremony with interest, fiannly he had finished the test they had set for him and he could begin to earn the reputation he needed to bring those to his cause. Dutifully taking the swab and giving his left arm for an implant, Cybel nods to the others. The android wears a tight-fitting armoured body glove that reveals his muscular form, clearly machine rather than organic A short hooded cape sits over his shoulders concealing a long Rifle with an elegant scope. On the inside of his cape you can see a badge depicting a grey metallic fist with glowing blue lines.

"You may Call me Cybel. I am sure we will all remember this day." He introduces, avoiding shaking hands for now.

Perception, Lynne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Culture, Lynne: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Why do you hide what you are? Are you ashamed to be created?" he says as he turns to the made-up Idol.

Acquisitives

Donavaan T'aar 1st level Mystic Overlord Xenoseeker, Human. Hp 12 +2 +2 +5 Saves Percc +6 Int +5 AC 12

The young noble enters into the room and takes a look around. His clothing is immaculate and form fitting. He has a smirk on his face as he enters and he listens to everyone's introduction. I am Donavann. Donavaan T'arr. he says as he takes a seat.

Second Seekers

Female CG damaya lashunta icon envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Slotting Second Seeker's Champion
Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Culture(Lynn): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

When Maia enters, it's with the quiet squeak of boots against the floor. She's tall and slender, dressed fairly neatly in a plain old shirt and some hardy looking pants. Her hair is brushed back, making obvious the antennae-like appendages that marked her as a lashunta just as her figure notes that she's of the damaya.

There's an industrial backpack over her shoulder which contains most of her things, but her weapon - the only weapon anyone can see on her - is a tactical semi-automatic pistol holstered at her belt.

Rather than speaking aloud, she gently touches the minds of those in the room, allowing them to withdraw from her telepathy if they choose, and greets them all with an easy, Hello; I am Maia.

She accepts the materials for the cheek swab and turns slightly to swab her mouth privately before pausing at Guidance for a few considering moments. At last, she extends her hand and allows the subdermal implant to be installed.

Curious, she activates the implant immediately and smiles gently before deactivating it and allowing her hand to fall to her side.

DC Culture 15 for Maia:
Because the idea was too fun to pass up!

Maia isn't especially well known, but those around the station may have heard of her work arbitrating about the station. She's also helped to negotiate several less than optimal disagreements. She's said to be good, but her portfolio isn't quite large enough to call her great.

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 1 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | HP 9/9 SP 5/5 RP 4/4 | F +0 R +2 W +2 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Init +6 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(4/4)

Lynn puts her hands on her hips and looks up at Cybel. "Oh, I'll send you all the holophotos afterward. That way the memories you make will stay fresh forever!" She snaps a photo of Cybel and Donavaan with her datapad as the latter one enters, and then responds to Cybel's question "Hummmmmm. I'm not ashamed, but a lot of people think its cuter this way? I like it too." She cocks her head at the serious android, before wandering off to peer at Donavaan.

"Hi there Donavaan, I'm Lynn." She gives a little wave in his direction "Don't worry, you can relax with us. We'll be working together soon." She smiles at him encouragingly.

Culture (Maia): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Lynn's mental voice is as effusive as her regular one, but its accompanied by a faint buzzing that seems to rise and fall in pitch. To Maia she responds "Nice to meet you. I'm so zetta happy to have such a famous arbitrator with us! I hope we can count on your skills for this last test?"

Acquisitives

Donavaan T'aar 1st level Mystic Overlord Xenoseeker, Human. Hp 12 +2 +2 +5 Saves Percc +6 Int +5 AC 12

Feeling a mind touch and what direction and who it is coming from, the human responds, telepathically Stay out of my head.

Second Seekers

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 4/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Markar responds to Maia Greetings, you may call me Markar.

Second Seekers

Female CG damaya lashunta icon envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Organizing each response in her mind, Maia nods to the human who had emphatically demanded privacy and responds to those who have responded.

Zetta happy? I cannot say I have encountered this term, but given the context, I think it fair to say it is a good thing, yes? the woman responded. Given the way Lynn was behaving, she thought it fair to assume the girl was a friendly sort. I will certainly be doing my best. I hope all goes well.

To Markar, she only smiles and nods - a positive acknowledgment instead of an understanding one.

Acquisitives

Donavaan T'aar 1st level Mystic Overlord Xenoseeker, Human. Hp 12 +2 +2 +5 Saves Percc +6 Int +5 AC 12

so we have a few androids, humans and a lashunta?

Second Seekers

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 4/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Markar is a Kasatha with a full face mask


The Acquisitives' leader, Radaszam "The Dealmaker" keeps a public-facing office in the Nyori Palisades (just inside the central dome of the station) so it's there you head first.

The plain white doors of the office slide open to reveal a stark, dimly lit room. The chamber is bleak and expressionless in its emptiness—no vanities line its smooth black walls, and no signs of use mar its smooth black furniture. The only occupants of the suite are a bug-eyed tadpole wriggling in a glowing blue aquarium and a reptilian vesk seated behind an onyx desk.

The vesk gestures to a number of chairs in front of him, his features sharply illuminated by the light of his desk’s green holoscreen. “The new graduates,” he greets, in a low and pleasant voice. “Good day. I am Radaszam, though since you are here, I should hope you already knew.

I trust you are aware of our Society’s traditions, so I will cut to the point. I have a minor situation that needs resolution. One of our members, a human named Laboni, had a rather public altercation with a junk scavenger from the Spike. You might be more familiar with the scavenger than I, actually; he is a ysoki who fancifully calls himself Ratrod. I am told he runs a popular racing competition that has, hmm, several hundreds of thousands of viewers on the station’s infosphere. For some reason, Laboni felt the need to tell him that any ‘real’ mechanic could easily beat the garbage that Ratrod and his associates slap together. Now that Ratrod has issued an infosphere-wide demand that she race him and prove it, Laboni doubts she can back that claim up.

Embarrassing, isn’t it? Not really the sort of troublemaker that suits our Society. Perhaps she would be better suited to the bottom of a trash compactor... Well, we cannot afford to throw her out, not after so many Starfinders were lost in the Scoured Stars. Besides, we can’t let people think we are so weak that we can’t control our own members, or worse, that we cannot stand up to a scrapyard junker. No, I would like you to assist Laboni in winning this race. Show our detractors that even the least of our Society is not someone to be trifled with."

Radaszam gives you directions to the race's location in Botscrap, and hands you badges that mark you as Laboni's pit crew.

"Do you have any questions? I'd rather you speak up now if you're not familiar with Junk Racing, but don't just try to think up a question to look smart. I have a feeling you'll need all the time you can scrounge to make good on Laboni's boast."

Second Seekers

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 4/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Markar grimaces from behind his mask. This did not seem like a mission worthy of The Starfinder Society. Still, the society was in terrible shape if even half of the stories about The Scoured Stars was true. When is this race Master Radaszam?


Radaszam glances at a wrist display, "A little over two hours from now."

Second Seekers

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 4/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

There is no time to waste then Markar says stiffly.

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 1 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | HP 9/9 SP 5/5 RP 4/4 | F +0 R +2 W +2 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Init +6 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(4/4)

As he introduces himself, Lynn takes a moment to turn around with her datapad held aloft. She poses, winking and giving a thumbs up, as she captures a selfie with Radaszam in the background.

At the mention of hundred of thousands of viewers, Lynn whispers "Oh, perfect!", and Radaszam has her attention. She thinks about what she might know of Junk Racing and what kind of skills are needed...

Culture (What is Junk Racing?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Don't worry Radaszam, we'll make sure it works out for her! Do we know why she doesn't think she can win without our help? Bad spinbike? Ratrod a cheater? Or, maybe she just needs a good pep talk!"

Dataphiles

'Male' Android Operative / 1 | SP 5/5 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +0 ; Ref +6 ; Will +3 | Init: +9 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 Low-Light, Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | | Spells: | Active conditions: None.

Following the others as he ponders Lynn's response, Cybel is quiet yet keeps his eyes peeled for any potential problems. For those of us in the cause, our identity is everything, is Lynn wrong for enjoying a different persona? He finds the question impossible too answer for now and so stores it away in his memory banks for later study. Standing in the office of the Vesk he listens to the story and rolls his eyes at the typical display of human arrogance shown by Laboni.

"Yes, we can rescue your reputation. Ratrod is the reigning champion and organises the race. This is very much his speciality so we will need to be at the best of our game here."


"Well, Lynn. She might be a good mechanic, but her Junkracer's still a piece of junk, and she's not very good at driving or shooting. Also it's possible she's got more ego than is healthy." Possible.[/b]"

I'm enjoying the varying android depictions a lot by the way, just don't have a mind-reading NPC to weigh in :p

Ratrod’s racing circuit is a hollowed-out section of a mountain of spare parts in Botscrap, the track has been specifically sanctioned by the ysoki-dominated Salvage Union that controls most of the yards.

As you arrive, a small robot scans your badges and begins to float alongside you, reciting the basic rules of the race in a tinny voice: "Racers and their pit crews are to build and improve their vehicles from the available scrap around the racetrack;
Vehicles built at previous junkraces can return;
Racers can fire upon other competitors during the race, but firing into the audience is grounds for immediate disqualification;
Racer weapons must be nonlethal and may affect only opponents’ vehicles.
If you would like to hear these rules again, hit the reset button on this unit's chassis.
"

Laboni herself is easy to find in the crowd due to her paisley clothes and bright white lab coat, and the wide berth the rest of the racers are giving her and her Junkracer. She is a young human, probably still in her teens, and she looks frazzled and very put upon.

As she sees you walk up, she glances at your badges and her expression immediately lights up.

"Oh thank you so much for coming! This whole thing has gotten reaaallly out of hand!"

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Scholar) worships Triune | Neutral - Mechanic (Exocortex) 1 | 10/10 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM -1 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 25 ft | F +3 | R +4 | W +1 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) | Memory Module 1/1

PerceptionVsDisguise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CultureReLynn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
CultureReMaia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Sorry for the delay, was DMing the 1-1 Quest

AMA-Alpha, Alpha-AMA, AMA-Alpha...[b] Pangea-Alpha muses, going over the new name in his mind, not paying much attention to the others, or at least not enough to pick up on the disguise, nor recognize any Cultural aspects...
Alpha is so caught up in his thoughts, that it nearly does not realize that it is meeting Radaszam himself, the leader of Alpha's Faction.
This makes it rather embarrassed, and it remains quiet.
Until the end: [b]"Yes, let us prevail, though I know nothing about Junk Racing. We shall find a way..."
.

Thanks Lynn! (about the PANGEA page!)

Second Seekers

Female CG damaya lashunta icon envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Although Maia privately wonders if a simple discussion between the two about their differences wouldn't be a bad thing, but the warning they'd received about treating their tasks as important missions had stuck to her so she didn't say anything.

"I am also unfamiliar with Junk Racing," she says, speaking aloud. Her voice is quiet, but smooth - the voice of someone who doesn't often raise her voice but is used to being heard all the same. "What do we need to do in order to help you win?"

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 1 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | HP 9/9 SP 5/5 RP 4/4 | F +0 R +2 W +2 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Init +6 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(4/4)

Between leaving the Acquisitive's offices and arriving at the racing circuit, Lynn split off briefly to retrieve her gear and change into a more practical outfit. Her dress is replaced with shimmering blue overalls covered in masses of holographic bows and lace.

Upon arriving, she gives Laboni a friendly wave, and says "Hi there Laboni, I'm Lynn. You can relax, we're here to help! I'll work hard to make sure your race is a success. You can count on me!" She ends with a wink.

Lynn casts an appraising eye over the Junkracer, trying to work out what areas its lacking in.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"Your junkracer looks wonderful, but I'm sure we can make it even better with a bit of love. Oh and, do you have anything you want to add or make better? I'm sure with all of us working with you we can make it happen."


Laboni nods along with Lynn's assessment, It's not bad, but I just haven't had time to put on all the extras that can really make one of these things sing!

For the most part she's right, but an early concern Lynn is able to spot is that frankly the junkracer doesn't have much in the way of sheer horsepower, so its top speed is presumably lacking.

Answering Maia's question, Laboni makes a broad gesture that takes in the mountain of spare parts that surrounds you all. There's a lot that can be done. I could use help fine tuning my ride, and umm. I found a remote-command module. If I turn that on and sync it up right, you guys should be able to uhh... help pilot and shoot while I'm racing. I haven't done this before, and if you're worried about winning, it'd probably be a good idea.

Aside from that, I'm not really sure. There are five other pilots racing against me today. Lemgem, she points at a blue-haired gnome who has covered herself in piercings, tattoos and other augmentations, Nyizin, a ryphorian with nasty looking battle scars breaking up her otherwise smooth coat of fur, Orsis, a dark-haired damaya lashunta who looks unfairly good in his black and gold racing suit, Velocity, a beautiful nonbinary android with silver hair and skin who has decorated their clothing, eyelids, and lips with bright colorful patterns, and of course, Ratrod. As Laboni says his name, the mottled gray-and-white ysoki glares hard at her, lashing his tail for a moment before he turns back to continue working on his junkracer.

I know Ratrod really doesn't like it when you talk smack, but aside from that I don't know much about the rest of them. I guess that could help too if you're not much of a gearhead.

You still have a fair bit of time before the start of the race, so each of you will be able to help out in a variety of ways.

You can help improve Laboni's Junkracer with Computers, Engineering, Physical Science, or even Perception to help find the right parts. By doing so you'll be able to increase the speed, the handling (pilot check modifiers), the targeting systems (attack modifiers), shielding (EAC or KAC), add more guns (Energy or Kinetic), or upgrade a weapon that's already on there (she has one Energy Weapon installed already). This takes a full "turn."

You can sabotage the other vehicles - This is not allowed! But if you're sneaky and mechanically inclined it could be quite effective. This takes a full "turn."

You can try to size up your rivals with either Sense Motive to figure out what makes them tick, or Engineering to check out their Junkracers. You can size up one pilot or junkracer for free while you're improving Laboni's ride (even Starfinders get to take breaks), or you can spend a full "turn" to check out all pilots and junkracers.

Instead of making a Sense Motive or Engineering check to examine another pilot you can try to strike up a conversation with them instead.

You will have multiple turns to try these, so don't feel like everything has to happen all at once.

Round 1
Alpha
Cybel
Donavaan
Maia
Lynn
Markar

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Scholar) worships Triune | Neutral - Mechanic (Exocortex) 1 | 10/10 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM -1 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 25 ft | F +3 | R +4 | W +1 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) | Memory Module 1/1

Round 1 - Alpha

Looking around the racing circuit, Alpha seems quite interested in all the activity, and the fact that people seem passionate about what they are doing.

Having listened to what Laboni explained to Lynn, Alpha nods to the young racing woman: "My makers are Ysoki, and back on Akiton they are very much into Hovertanker racing. I will do my best to remember what worked for them..."

"First things first: getting the vehicle, where you want it to go!".
Alpha taps its forearm, revealing a slot within its arm, where a Custom Rig has been slotted.
Typing away on the Computer, that Alpha jacks-up with the racer, it checks out the handling and tries to improve how it will be piloted, to make it easer and better to run.
Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Seeming rather content with its work, and remembering things as it goes, Alpha is happy with the work that is being done, and even presses a little gauge in its neck, releasing a steady stream of air from within its mouth, that it then modulates with its lips: Alpha is whistling.

Since the work seems to be going quite well, Alpha looks around, and takes some time to check out Velocity's Junkracer.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 1 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | HP 9/9 SP 5/5 RP 4/4 | F +0 R +2 W +2 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Init +6 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(4/4)

Lynn connects her datapad to the racer, hops up into its seat, and calls out "Fits me really well, right?" as she mimes out accelerating. "You're lucky you get to drive Laboni! I bet you'll be really popular after you win!"

While she's playing around she peers on over at Lemgem's racer nearby, trying to size it up covertly.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

She leans back and poses in the racer to take a few photos with her datapad. In between each photo, she seems to be tapping away quite a bit too much on the datapad, with some kind of complicated diagrams and code segments streaming by with rapid frequency. Anyone paying closer attention to her datapad's screen can tell that she's hacking into the existing energy weapon's firmware, removing safety restrictions, tuning coil frequencies, and otherwise overclocking the weapon.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

As she works she idly says "Ratrod should add me as an announcer. I'd make you look good out there, Laboni."


Alpha and Lynn are able to make good progress on sprucing up Laboni's Racer.

This should really help! I'm more of a hardware gal myself, and this is exactly the kind of thing that'll make this thing sing!

Lemgem's racer is clearly a work of madness or genius, but even Lynn isn't able to make heads or tails of which one it is.

Velocity's racer bristles with guns, including one particularly intimidating improvised railgun they've managed to bolt onto the side. The engine looks a little underpowered though... Alpha, you may ask one additional question about the rig

Round 1
Alpha
Cybel
Donavaan
Maia

Lynn
Markar

Laboni's junkracer: Energy Weapon Supercharged, +1 to Piloting

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Scholar) worships Triune | Neutral - Mechanic (Exocortex) 1 | 10/10 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM -1 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 25 ft | F +3 | R +4 | W +1 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) | Memory Module 1/1

Alpha looks over Velocity's racer, trying to see which type of armor it seems to favor: better against Kinetic, or Energy?


The heavy plating should help it a lot against the caliber of guns you're allowed to strap onto Laboni's racer, but there's a lot of exposed conductive looking areas that seem vulnerable to shorts. Energy would probably be better.

Dataphiles

'Male' Android Operative / 1 | SP 5/5 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +0 ; Ref +6 ; Will +3 | Init: +9 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 Low-Light, Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | | Spells: | Active conditions: None.

Following the others in silence, Cybel looks around at the competition and listens to the robot give a speech on the rules. It all seemed fairly simple, all they had to do was get the Racer function able and not crash it into every obstacle - which definitely depending on Laboni's skills, which, if her moth was anything to go by - needed to be high to back up her smack talk. Evaluating the Human mechanic he rolls his eye implants - it was clear she knew little and was in deeper than she could stomach.

"A control is good, I can control the craft, your organic reflexes are too slow." he responds coldly as he looks over the racer. Before they start he also examines the racer of the Android, Velocity, trying to suss out the competition.

Engineering, Velocity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

As his fellow Androids work on the handling and power up their weapon, Cybel opens up the side panel and begins working on their engine, fine tuning the energy output algorithms to improve the power to the propulsion system to speed up their racer.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Cybel doesn't notice anything additional about Velocity's junkracer.

Round 1
Alpha
Cybel
Donavaan
Maia

Lynn
Markar

Laboni's junkracer: Energy Weapon Supercharged, +1 to Piloting, +5 to base speed.

Acquisitives

Donavaan T'aar 1st level Mystic Overlord Xenoseeker, Human. Hp 12 +2 +2 +5 Saves Percc +6 Int +5 AC 12

He will attempt to size up the opponents
SM 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Unfortunately Donavaan gathers only suspicious looks in lieu of new information.

Round 1
Alpha
Cybel
Donavaan
Maia
Lynn
Markar

Laboni's junkracer: Energy Weapon Supercharged, +1 to Piloting, +5 to base speed.

Second Seekers

Female CG damaya lashunta icon envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Apologies for the delay! Ended up in two games today instead of two today! @_@

Overwhelmed with all that requires doing - and, frankly, how foreign this whole thing is to her - Maia does what little she can and looks for the parts they might need to get the junkracer together and, well. Whole.

When she thinks she's made a find, she gently nudge's the human's mind and asks Laboni, Is this the correct part?

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Laboni appears comfortable, if unfamiliar, with telepathic contact and with her eyes screwed shut thinks back, Yeah, that'll be great for an auxiliary power source. What do you think we should supercharge?

You can also attempt a Sense Motive or Engineering check to gather more information about a Pilot or Vehicle while you're searching for the parts. Or make conversation instead.

Okay guys, I think she's really starting to take shape. What next?

Round 2
Alpha
Cybel
Donavaan
Maia - Should choose a benefit from Round 1/May post an inspection/social action
Lynn
Markar - May post for Round 1 as well

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Scholar) worships Triune | Neutral - Mechanic (Exocortex) 1 | 10/10 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM -1 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 25 ft | F +3 | R +4 | W +1 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) | Memory Module 1/1

- Round 2 (Alpha) -
Alpha will do a full round to check all pilots & racers - so, making all the rolls, but use what you wish if too many.

Rolls:

SM-Lemgem: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
SM-Nyizin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
SM-Orsis: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
SM-Velocity: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
SM-Ratrod: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Reduce all rolls below by 4 please (sorry, I put +11 which is only for traps etc., it is +7 for basic Engineering - SORRY
Engineering-Lemgem: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Engineering-Nyizin: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Engineering-Orsis: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Engineering-Velocity: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Engineering-Ratrod: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Alpha stands up, and puts its equipment away, before wandering off to mix up into the crowd.
The android walks around, listening to people chatter and comment, and looking the contestants over, even if it does not read living creatures very well, Alpha still looks over the blue-haired gnome's augmentations, the ryphorian's scars, the lashunta's racing suit, and, once again, Alpha checks Velocity out... lingering on the android's beauty. Finally, Alpha ends up near Ratrod, checking out the leader of the races.
Each time it stops at a station, Alpha takes some time to look over the racer too, trying to garner some useful information - even giving Velocity's speeder a last check, in case it missed something... or maybe just to spend more time with the nice looking android.
The latter is most probably the truth, since Alpha actually was looking at the wrong racer, at Velocity's stand, unable to keep its eyes off the silver hair and skin.

Dataphiles

'Male' Android Operative / 1 | SP 5/5 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +0 ; Ref +6 ; Will +3 | Init: +9 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 Low-Light, Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | | Spells: | Active conditions: None.

Wiping his forehead as he stretches from working on the computer, Cybel decides to take a walk to the Junk pile to see if they can't find a better engine for their racer. Whilst he had spent some time improving the CPU, he had found that their engine was lacking in power which would leave them far behind in this race.

Whilst doing so, the Android freedom fighter takes a look at Ratrod's hunk of junk, to evaluate the strongest racer in the competition and their number one target.

Engineering, Engine upgrade, Speed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Engineering, Ratrod: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 1 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | HP 9/9 SP 5/5 RP 4/4 | F +0 R +2 W +2 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Init +6 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(4/4)

Lynn keeps on tapping away at her datapad, now moving on to the targeting systems. Unlike what she was editing before, the code on this system seems appallingly simple when she scrolls through on her pad. She quickly starts making changes, expanding the targeting logic and upgrading it to handle multiple weapons if the rest of the team adds any.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

After she's done she disconnects her datapad and calls out "I'll be right back Laboni!" before strolling over to Ratrod's area.

"Hi there Ratrod!" Lynn waves in a friendly manner as she approaches "This race is amping up to be really great. No matter who wins, its going be a good show!" She smiles at the ysoki and crouches down to his level while placing her hands under her chin.

"How about a deal? I'd like to be a co-announcer on this race. Bring a bit of energy, you know...?" She mimes out explosions with her hands. "For this one show, you don't even have to pay anything. Let me know." She stands, gives him a wink, and then waves goodbye.

Second Seekers

Female CG damaya lashunta icon envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Round 1
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Maia pauses at the girl's response and puzzles over the question. She, uh - she really doesn't know what to do with the part and had been looking for them based on the descriptions she'd seen elsewhere. Perhaps you can use it to boost your defenses? she suggests. She looks to some of the others

Round 2 Forgive me if I'm doing this wrong? @_@ I wasn't sure boosting defenses via perception from last round was going to edge into this one or not?
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

If she finds another part, she suggests, Perhaps this one could be used to help with controlling your vehicle?

Second Seekers

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 4/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Round 1

That we do not see any Kastahas, taking part in such foolishness should indicate how ill suited I am to help Markar grouses. I shall inspect the track to see if it will aid you Laboni. If another weapon could be added to the contraption than I may be able to assist during the race though I prefer the honor of hand to hand combat

Survival Check Track: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

1 to 50 of 414 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.