Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Cody's Pathfinder Beginnings 3-Part Special

Game Master Codanous

MAPS AND NOTES


1 to 50 of 467 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gameplay thread: Dot when you are ready

Dark Archive

Bloodmarked Male | 10/10HP| AC 12 T 12 FF 10| Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +2| Perception +4 (+6 at night)| Initiative +2

Dot (trying again with the alias set)

Dark Archive

Male Human #135676-9 Sorcerer-Air Elemental Bloodline 1:HP:7/9, Spd:30, Init:4, AC:16, FF:14, T:12, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:2, CMB/CMD: 2/14, 20% spell failure chance

Dot

Scarab Sages

Aasimar Speaker of the Past Shaman of Lore 1| HP: 9/9 | AC: 14 T: 10 FF: 14 CMD: 9 | F+1 R+0 W+6 | Init +4 | Perception +10, 60ft Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Monstrous Insight 6/6; Wand of Bless 47/50

.

Scarab Sages

Male dwarf slayer (witch killer) 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+4 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 (+2 vs spells/poison, +2 vs Mind-affecting) | Init:+3 | Per:+5 | SM: +5 | Attack: Greatsword +4 (2d6+4) 19-20/x2

dot.


The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: “Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn.”

The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food.

In the center of the room, surrounded by inebriates sleeping off their revelries, a familiar elven man stands high upon top of a large round table. “Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat!” With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born. But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,” he says as he motions for an excitable halfling woman to approach.

She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, "Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, “Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

This is a chance for you guys to interact, introduce your characters, meet Janira and Shaine and ask questions

Scarab Sages

Aasimar Speaker of the Past Shaman of Lore 1| HP: 9/9 | AC: 14 T: 10 FF: 14 CMD: 9 | F+1 R+0 W+6 | Init +4 | Perception +10, 60ft Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Monstrous Insight 6/6; Wand of Bless 47/50

Sitting at a table nearby during Kreighton's speech, is a man who looks weathered beyond his years. White hair, receding hairline, and skin showing signs of wrinkling all accompany him. By his side is a leather briefcase, which appears to be filled with papers, well-worn with handling.

He listens attentively as the mission is delivered, hands folded and back straight. When Kreighton Shane leaves, he introduces himself to the remaining Halfling. Shaking each member of the group's hand, he says, "I am Bartimaeus Verstand. Pleasure to meet you, Ladies and Gentlemen. If I may be so bold, I wish to inquire about the lands we will be traveling through and the caves of which you speak, Janira. What manner of beast typically inhabit these locations? Are there any supplies you recommend bringing? This is my first time truly adventuring, you see, and I wish to be as prepared as I can."

Dark Archive

Male Human #135676-9 Sorcerer-Air Elemental Bloodline 1:HP:7/9, Spd:30, Init:4, AC:16, FF:14, T:12, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:2, CMB/CMD: 2/14, 20% spell failure chance

Mordack comes in. Will we get a certificate saying we are confirmed? And what will we be confirmed to do?

You see Mordack confidently walk in with his chain shirt on and a smile, a smile that says I've got this, but you can also tell he is curious as to why this assignment. I wonder if I should tell the group I'm a sorcerer, at least the bad guys won't suspect it, until I cast a spell

Scarab Sages

Male dwarf slayer (witch killer) 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+4 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 (+2 vs spells/poison, +2 vs Mind-affecting) | Init:+3 | Per:+5 | SM: +5 | Attack: Greatsword +4 (2d6+4) 19-20/x2

At the end of the table sits a dwarf with sand-colored hair, bronze skin, and luminescent green eyes that take their time in watching each party member. His beard is full and braided, but to the astute observer, there are noticeable patches, well-hidden, where hair used to be, and looks to have fallen out. Bundled and leaning against his chair is a backpack filled to bursting with weapons and other implements. He listens quietly to the Master of Scrolls, taking a sip from his tankard now and then.

When the Master of Scrolls is finished Durlo says, "Well met Janira. Well met Bartimaeus, Mordack, and others." His accent is thick, a gruff sing-song. He pauses to linger over the word Mordack, eyes on the man as if to say, in that gravelly sing-song, I know what you are.

"My name is Durlo Deadshield, witch finder of Mahkep."

To Janira or Shaine he asks, "What is a 'gillman'?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:19 T:11 FF:18,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +4, Refl: +0, Will: +1 | Init: +1, Speed 20ft Human Fighter (Viking) basic attack Flail +4 (1d8+3+2) or Javelin +2 (1d6+3)

Sitting on the left side of the table is a dark haired and rather large woman with light green eyes that scan the group sitting around the table listening to Janira and Kreighton explain the mission.

After Janira finishes and her comrades start to introduce themselves, Sigrid speaks up. "I am Sigrid Haklangdottir and I hail from far north of here in the Land of the Linorm kings. It is a pleasure to meet you all and i look forward to earning your trust in what seems like an interesting mission...." Looking down the table towards Janira, she asks " Janira, do you have a map, seeing as I am not too familiar to these southern lands yet?"

Grand Lodge

Human Female | 7/11HP| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 CMD 14| Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +0| Perception +4 Initiative +3

A pale faced human female burst through the door, back pack on hanging off one shoulder and a musket in one hand.

"I am so sorry I was late. I just got the notice the other day." She hears the viking's finish up and introduces herself. "Nice to meet you all, my name is Hannah Belle Mae Oklie. I'm an aspiring detective and a real good shot with this here musket."

Dark Archive

Bloodmarked Male | 10/10HP| AC 12 T 12 FF 10| Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +2| Perception +4 (+6 at night)| Initiative +2

A final man tentatively steps up to the table. Although he carries a crossbow slung over one shoulder, and a backpack obviously filled with gear, he still looks out of place, like he'd be better suited in a library than traveling with a halfling to a cave. He looks to be middle aged, with clothes that could be described as "stuffy". His manor fits that description as well.

He takes a second to adjust his glasses before speaking. "Grigor, Grigor Liliacul at your service. I've just recently arrived to Absalom. I suppose I was summoned to study any artifacts that we might find in that cave."

He seems to be making mental notes of each introduction, especially seeming interested at the diverse places everyone hails from.

Dark Archive

Male Human #135676-9 Sorcerer-Air Elemental Bloodline 1:HP:7/9, Spd:30, Init:4, AC:16, FF:14, T:12, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:2, CMB/CMD: 2/14, 20% spell failure chance

Wow, I did not introduce myself yet, yes my name is Mordack. We must have meet before Durlo? Mordack gives you a puzzled look like, we know each other? Just play along, be like yeah we met years ago or I overheard it, etc.

Dark Archive

Bloodmarked Male | 10/10HP| AC 12 T 12 FF 10| Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +2| Perception +4 (+6 at night)| Initiative +2

Grigor looked his future companions over again, trying to size them up. Interesting assemblage I've been teamed with. Three of them are brutes to be sure, although one of them should arm himself better. One seems to be a scholar, or at least a learned man. At worst I'll have someone to converse with on the trail. I'm not so sure about this "detective" however. She sounds as if the pathfinders pulled her straight off the nearest farm to accompany us. Whether or not that is the case, it would seem we should be well prepared for a fight should some bandits or creatures get in the way. I'm not so sure about our abilities traversing the wilderness however, or exploring a cave for that matter.


Nodding energetically to Sigrid, "Yes yes, well we don't have map, I'll just have to lead you there, it'll take us about a day to walk there,"

Scratching her head, "Well I don't know too much about Gillman," Looking around at the group, "Are you sure one of you don't know about Gillman?"

Pulling her background around to look inside, "Before we set off and if you guys are all done with your questions, let's go over gear,"

She pulls out a few flasks of a red bubbling liquid, "This is Alchemist fire, great stuff, nasty stuff but works like a charm against those swarming masses of insects, snakes or Desna-knows-what we sometimes find in caves," Looking around at the group, "Anyone have something like this yet? Its a bit spendy but it'll save your life in a pinch,"

Kn: History DC15+:
Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people.

Kn: History DC20+:
During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater.

Kn: History DC25+:
25+ Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.

Kn: Local DC10:
Gillman are humanoids with the aquatic subtybe and can breath underwater, they can survive on land but only for so long before having to return to the water for air

I'm including the google slides link here, this is how what we will use for the maps and for introducing character portraits and the like. Click on the link to meet Janira and Kreighton Shane

GM Cody's Maps & Notes

Grand Lodge

Human Female | 7/11HP| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 CMD 14| Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +0| Perception +4 Initiative +3

knowledge local untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Gilman are people who live in water. They can breathe in water but walk on land, but for only a certain amount of time" Hannah looks at the flask."Fancy...never seent anything like that. "

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:19 T:11 FF:18,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +4, Refl: +0, Will: +1 | Init: +1, Speed 20ft Human Fighter (Viking) basic attack Flail +4 (1d8+3+2) or Javelin +2 (1d6+3)

Crossing her arms a top the table she listens as Janira goes over her pack of gear. hmm no map well hopefully we don't get lost...

At the mention of the alchemists fire Sigrid agrees with Hannah "Aye, that fire flask sure is something else." she lets out a small whistle.

Dark Archive

Bloodmarked Male | 10/10HP| AC 12 T 12 FF 10| Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +2| Perception +4 (+6 at night)| Initiative +2

Knowledge(Local) + Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + (6) = 23

Grigor looks a bit surprised that Hannah knew anything about Gillmen. "The girl, Oklie, was it? Well she has it right, to a point. The generally accepted theory in academic circles are that the Gillmen are what is left of the Azlanti after the Starstone struck Galarion."

He put his hand into his pocket, feeling the last couple of coins he had brought on his trip. "As far as Alchemist Fire goes, lets just try and avoid any massed vermin."

Scarab Sages

Aasimar Speaker of the Past Shaman of Lore 1| HP: 9/9 | AC: 14 T: 10 FF: 14 CMD: 9 | F+1 R+0 W+6 | Init +4 | Perception +10, 60ft Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Monstrous Insight 6/6; Wand of Bless 47/50

Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

That assessment is in agreement with mine. Which begs the question... "Gillmen need water. For what reason would they venture this far inland? Curious. Very curious."

On the topic of alchemist fire, Bartimaeus also feels a little light in the pockets, "I must admit that I do not have the requisite funds to afford such an item. Are there any other preparations we can make or information you can share?"

Dark Archive

Male Human #135676-9 Sorcerer-Air Elemental Bloodline 1:HP:7/9, Spd:30, Init:4, AC:16, FF:14, T:12, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:2, CMB/CMD: 2/14, 20% spell failure chance

Mordack doesn't know anything about this so you can see his attention turning towards the players as they show off their knowledge.

Grand Lodge

Human Female | 7/11HP| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 CMD 14| Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +0| Perception +4 Initiative +3

"You sure are smart mister." Hannah looks up to Grigor. "And you can call me Hannah, no need to be so formal."

She then begins to rock back and forth on her heels, "I am a little short too. I just spent most of my coin on the trip over." She then begins to day dream.

I can not wait until I bust me a bronco. I think I want to find me a white one. oh, paint horses are beautiful too, but often expensive...a black stallion would be nice as well.........

Her attention snaps back to the current,"Janira, you wouldn't to have some extra flask of that fancy stuff on you would ya. I have a decent arm, I mean, I always get a prize at the local carnival at the tossing games."

Scarab Sages

Male dwarf slayer (witch killer) 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+4 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 (+2 vs spells/poison, +2 vs Mind-affecting) | Init:+3 | Per:+5 | SM: +5 | Attack: Greatsword +4 (2d6+4) 19-20/x2
Mordack wrote:
Wow, I did not introduce myself yet, yes my name is Mordack. We must have meet before Durlo? Mordack gives you a puzzled look like, we know each other?

Durlo wordlessly bends down and unties his backpack to show its contents. You see that the majority of the bulk is taken up by two large leather tomes with the Deadshield heraldry emblazoned on the cover. A few pages have come undone from their spines and stick up out of the tomes. On the pages, information is sorted into columns, their headers reading: Name, Description, Location, Danger?, Abilities. Think a medieval excel spreadsheet of arcane magic-users.

Durlo offers, "I remembered your description from the Ledgers. I am, what you said, Lady Hannah...er, Hannah, a 'detective' of a kind." He lets the word, detective, roll off of his tongue as if it is unfamiliar, trying it out for this first time.

You see a similar flask of alchemist's fire stuffed into a side pouch of the backpack. Durlo closes it up after a moment and cinches the knot.

"We should depart soon."

Grand Lodge

Human Female | 7/11HP| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 CMD 14| Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +0| Perception +4 Initiative +3

"That's right my friend. Detective, also known as a criminal investigator. A woman of the law. But right now I got no schoolin in it. I am just a little lady with a gun for now. But a girl can dream cant she"


Smiling at the friendly, chatty bunch of aspiring pathfinders before her, "Hah well its good to have a lively bunch today, ya'll ready to head out then hunh?" Looking around at the group, "Alright follow me!"

She jumps off her chair and begins merrily jaunting out of the inn, "Like I said earlier, goin' up past Diobel, into the mountains of the island,"

She chats your guys' ears off the whole way, and sings a couple of tunes as you guys bed down for the night at the edge of a deep, dense forest.

Waking up, "Well, we're nearly there, just a few short hours of walkin' into this here forest and we'll be at the cave entrance!"

As the party progresses deeper into the forest, the trees towering overhead begin to shield most of what remains of the day’s sun and the vegetation beneath grows denser. Janira pauses a moment and pulls out an intricate silver compass emblazoned with the Pathfinder Society logo: the Glyph of the Open Road. “I received this wayfinder when I successfully completed my Confirmation. Should we be successful on our journey, you will get your own as well.”

She flips open the device and holds it in front of her; the initials J. L. are engraved into the inside of the device’s lid. After studying the compass inside for a moment, she remarks, “We’re on the right path. We need to keep heading northwest past those large rocks up ahead.”

And as you're walking along, out jumps Monsters!!: 1d6 ⇒ 3 a writing swarm of snakes!!! There must be hundreds of the beasts and they are streaming straight toward you guys!!

Janira jumps, "Jumping Jackrabbits! That's a snake swarm! Careful, it'll writhe right over you, constricting and biting you!! Use these!" She pulls some alchemist fires out and has them ready for people to take.

Initiative:

Snake Swarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Sigrid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Hannah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Durlo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Mordack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Grigor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Bartimaeus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Round 1 - Bold may post!
Sigrid
SnakesSSSS
Mordack
Bartimaeus
Hannah
Grigor
Durlo

MAP

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:19 T:11 FF:18,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +4, Refl: +0, Will: +1 | Init: +1, Speed 20ft Human Fighter (Viking) basic attack Flail +4 (1d8+3+2) or Javelin +2 (1d6+3)

My goodness! I've never seen so many snakes in one place!"

As move action I will draw my flask of acid and move forward 20 feet towards the snakes.

Acid flask: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Take that you pesky snakes!"


Sigrid runs forward, drawing out her flask of acid and hurling it into the pile of slithering snakes!

It splashes, melting a few of the snakes, but the shambling bunch presses forward, engulfing her in a tangle!

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Sigrid's Fort save vs distraction DC12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

The nipping snakes bite and constrict her furiously as they try to bring the big lady down!

Janira winces as she watches the big lady get attacked, "Ooooo that's gotta hurt!"

Kn: Nature DC5:

Despite Janira's worry, these aren't venomous snakes though they can still kill a grown human!

Round 1 - Bold may post!
Sigrid 5 damage
SnakesSSSS 4 damage
Mordack
Bartimaeus
Hannah
Grigor
Durlo

Dark Archive

Bloodmarked Male | 10/10HP| AC 12 T 12 FF 10| Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +2| Perception +4 (+6 at night)| Initiative +2

Grigor quickly tries to recall anything he's read about snake species and/or swarming vermin of the Isle of Kortos.

Knowledge(Nature)+Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 7 + (6) = 30

Grabbing one of Janira's alchemist fires, he moves away from the group, looking for an angle without a tree in the way. He shouts back at the group, almost as an afterthought, "Spread out. They my be attracted by concentrated prey."

One move action to grab the alchemist fire, and a second move action to move away from the party to line up a shot. (15' west, still trying to figure out the map.)

Grand Lodge

Human Female | 7/11HP| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 CMD 14| Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +0| Perception +4 Initiative +3

Hannah grabs a alchemist fire as well and moves north.

"Good thinkin. I'll head this way to draw their attention. Sigrid, get out of there."

Scarab Sages

Male dwarf slayer (witch killer) 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+4 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 (+2 vs spells/poison, +2 vs Mind-affecting) | Init:+3 | Per:+5 | SM: +5 | Attack: Greatsword +4 (2d6+4) 19-20/x2

Durlo pulls out his own alchemist's fire and readies himself to throw at a moment's notice.

Five ft step NW. Move action draw alchemist's fire. Ready standard action to throw once Sigrid is out of the way.

Once action triggers:

Alchemist's Fire: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Fire DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Misfire direction: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Initiative count rises to just below Sigrid.

Dark Archive

Male Human #135676-9 Sorcerer-Air Elemental Bloodline 1:HP:7/9, Spd:30, Init:4, AC:16, FF:14, T:12, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:2, CMB/CMD: 2/14, 20% spell failure chance

Sigrid looks like she is melee giving she move up to the creature.
Mordack seeing Sigrid move up to the creatures assumes she is melee. Enlarge person on Sigrid. Large sized, +2 str, -2 dex, -1 to attack rolls, but the +2 to str counteracts that -1 to attack. Your weapon damge increases. Not sure what you use, but for quick reference 1d6=1d8, 1d8=2d6, 1d10=2d8, 1d12 and 2d6 both =3d6spellfailurechance: 1d100 ⇒ 65

Scarab Sages

Aasimar Speaker of the Past Shaman of Lore 1| HP: 9/9 | AC: 14 T: 10 FF: 14 CMD: 9 | F+1 R+0 W+6 | Init +4 | Perception +10, 60ft Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Monstrous Insight 6/6; Wand of Bless 47/50

Nature to Identify: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"Despite the pain, those snakes are not poisonous! A swarm composed of creatures that size will take less damage from weapons, I advise splash weapons if you have them!" Fortunately Janira came prepared, we would have a hard time of it if she didn't!

"Thank you Madam," Bartimaeus says as he reaches out for a flask of Alchemist's Fire. He then separates himself from the party in the hopes that their foe will only be able to get one of them at a time.


Remember Mordack, Enlarge Person is a full-round action to cast, the spell won't come into effect until the beginning of your next turn

The rest of the party, seeing the danger the swarm poses if the group is bunched up splits, running in every direction.

@Grigor, you can move your little square mini around on the map, it sometimes can be hard if you are on a phone or ipad or something like that

Round 2 - Bold may post!
Sigrid 5 damage
Durlo (Has a readied action for when Sigrid moves
SnakesSSSS 4 damage
Mordack
Bartimaeus
Hannah
Grigor

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:19 T:11 FF:18,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +4, Refl: +0, Will: +1 | Init: +1, Speed 20ft Human Fighter (Viking) basic attack Flail +4 (1d8+3+2) or Javelin +2 (1d6+3)

After being swarmed by the snakes Sigrid draws her last acid flask and moves back making room for her companions to attack.

[ooc] as a move action she will draw her 2nd and last acid flask and move back 10 feet. As a standard action she will attack the swarm. [/b]

Acid Flask: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage : 1d6 ⇒ 4

"Now! Use your alchemist fire! I'm out of the way."


Sigrid runs out of the swarm, throwing her acid flask as she does, opening the way for Durlo to throw his as well!

Sigrid's finds its mark and Durlo's alchemist fire follows up and splashes on the snakes, lighting the snakes on fire!

Fire Damage for snakes: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The flaming snakes swarm over Mordack, nipping at him as they go!

Swarm Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Concentration to not lose spell DC16: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 3 = 10

And he loses the spell but the snakes can't distract him further!

distraction fort save dc12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The snakes are nearing death!!

Janira looks around waving her arms frantically, "watch out Mordack! Run away from the swarm!

Round 1 - Bold may post!
Sigrid 5 damage
Durlo
SnakesSSSS 13 damage
Mordack 3
Bartimaeus
Hannah
Grigor

Dark Archive RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

Ah, a magus. Perhaps not quite the brute I thought upon first seeing him. Grigor gave a slight nod of understanding as Mordack began the telltale arcane gestures and chanting to cast a spell. His look of understanding quickly changed to a cringe of anticipated pain, seeing the mass of snakes slithering towards the armored caster. "Get out, get out quickly."

Grigor readies the vial of liquid fire gripped in his hand, hoping that Mordack will respond quickly giving a better opening to set more of the snakes aflame.

Ready action to throw when Mordack moves out. Most likely, Mordack will have moved before my action, in which case I'll throw right away. In either case, I'll throw to the SW corner of the swarm unless a party member is in splash range.

Alch Fire Throw-range increment: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 2 = 12
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Male Human #135676-9 Sorcerer-Air Elemental Bloodline 1:HP:7/9, Spd:30, Init:4, AC:16, FF:14, T:12, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:2, CMB/CMD: 2/14, 20% spell failure chance

Mordack disengages.

Scarab Sages

Aasimar Speaker of the Past Shaman of Lore 1| HP: 9/9 | AC: 14 T: 10 FF: 14 CMD: 9 | F+1 R+0 W+6 | Init +4 | Perception +10, 60ft Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Monstrous Insight 6/6; Wand of Bless 47/50

Bartimaeus steels himself at the sight of flaming snakes throwing themselves at his ally, tiny razor sharp teeth sinking into his flesh. Hold it together Barti, you've seen worse in Geb...

In girm silence he chucks his alchemist fire at the remaining mob of snakes. The memories of his past proving to be a little too distracting as his throw goes wide.

Alchemist Fire vs Touch NW corner: 1d20 ⇒ 101d6 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

Human Female | 7/11HP| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 CMD 14| Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +0| Perception +4 Initiative +3

Hannah follows suit and chucks her flask at the pile of snakes.

attack NE corner of the swarm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


With a concentrated effort, you guys lob enough flasks of fire into the swarm to burn it off and disperse what snakes remain back into the forest!

Janira whoops in excitement, "Good job there, of all the things to run into, a swarm of snakes! Good practice, much worse things out there than them though," she shudders with that last sentence.

"Alright now, who is wounded, let's get you all patched out," She pulls out a thin mahogany stick etched into it is the glyph of the open road, "Now this is here, this'll save your life more often than not, I strongly advise gettin' one as soon as you can,"

She activates the magic and sets out curing Mordack and Sigrid.

CLW on Sigrid: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

CLW on Mordack: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

"Nothing beats a good old fashioned Wand of Cure Light Wounds, should be a staple in everyone's kit, mhm"

Setting out from there after a short rest, you guys find that as the group continues to travel through the wilderness, you guys find trails blocked by fallen objects, shortcuts overgrown, and other minor delays that cost precious them time.

Give me some survival checks to see if you can overcome these unforeseen delays and make it to the cave on time

Dark Archive

Bloodmarked Male | 10/10HP| AC 12 T 12 FF 10| Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +2| Perception +4 (+6 at night)| Initiative +2

Untrained Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 12

"I'm afraid that although I've agreed to sign up to be a pathfinder, actually finding paths is not one of my strong suits." Grigor looks around in spite of this, trying to find a way through some brambles and wishing he had a machete instead of a sword cane at the moment.

Scarab Sages

Aasimar Speaker of the Past Shaman of Lore 1| HP: 9/9 | AC: 14 T: 10 FF: 14 CMD: 9 | F+1 R+0 W+6 | Init +4 | Perception +10, 60ft Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Monstrous Insight 6/6; Wand of Bless 47/50

Survival Untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"Grigor and I are in the same situation," he says, clearly disappointed with himself for yet another shortcoming in his training where actual adventuring is concerned. Perhaps I should have stayed in Geb. I am clearly better suited for academic and divine pursuits. If not for Janira, we would already be receiving Judgement in the Boneyard.

Grand Lodge

Human Female | 7/11HP| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 CMD 14| Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +0| Perception +4 Initiative +3

survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Come on guys, with all our minds put together, we can figure out anything. I doubt Janira would lead us astray" Hannah looks up to the sun and gets her bearing."Is this the right way Janira?

Scarab Sages

Male dwarf slayer (witch killer) 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+4 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 (+2 vs spells/poison, +2 vs Mind-affecting) | Init:+3 | Per:+5 | SM: +5 | Attack: Greatsword +4 (2d6+4) 19-20/x2

Durlo carefully picks his way through the forest, though the others are far better at it than he. "We seem to be on the right track, through your expertise, Bartimaeus, Hannah."

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


The dense forest opens to a wide clearing at the base of a sheer cliff. Thick vines cover the surface of the cliff stretching 30 feet overhead. “Here! The cave entrance is behind those vines,” Janira says with a broad smile as she walks to the cliff’s face. She pulls back several layers of vegetation to reveal a narrow crack in the cliff’s surface. “This is where I saw the gillmen enter.”

As she motions toward the aperture, the surrounding woods come alive with the sound of small animals fleeing some unseen danger and a large creature crashing through the undergrowth. The halfling worriedly remarks, “Quick, take cover before whatever it is spots us!”

As if she’d summoned the creature with her words, a massive horned monstrosity emerges from the trees. Standing eight feet tall on a pair of cloven hooves and wielding a tremendous axe, the bull-headed creature roars with unbridled anger when it spots the group.

Wisely assessing that a minotaur is beyond her charges’ capabilities, Janira screams, “A minotaur! There’s little chance we can stand against it. Take this bag,” she continues, pulling off her backpack, “and head deeper into the caves. Finish your mission. I’ll lead it away from the caves, lose it in the forest, and join you as soon as I can. Now go! GO!” She heaves her backpack into the cave, casts a spell, and darts off toward the minotaur before turning to lure it away.

Do you guys heed Janira's advice and rush into the caves? Or do you think you guys are brave enough to fight a Minotaur, though that would mean disobeying Janira to do so.

Cave Entrance

Scarab Sages

Aasimar Speaker of the Past Shaman of Lore 1| HP: 9/9 | AC: 14 T: 10 FF: 14 CMD: 9 | F+1 R+0 W+6 | Init +4 | Perception +10, 60ft Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Monstrous Insight 6/6; Wand of Bless 47/50

Bartimaeus challenges the minotaur to one on one combat :P

Bartimaeus grits his teeth as he turns to run into the cavem, scooping up the backpack as he flees. Such selfless sacrifice... If she knew who I was, she would not be so quick to risk her life for me. "Madam, I wish you luck! May we meet again," he calls back as he disappears into the darkness of the cave.

Dark Archive

Bloodmarked Male | 10/10HP| AC 12 T 12 FF 10| Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +2| Perception +4 (+6 at night)| Initiative +2

Grigor grabs the pack as he makes a run for the cave, wondering if he'll ever see the Halfling again.

Scarab Sages

Male dwarf slayer (witch killer) 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:17 T:11 FF:16 | CMB:+4 CMD:15 | Saves F:+4 R:+3 W:+1 (+2 vs spells/poison, +2 vs Mind-affecting) | Init:+3 | Per:+5 | SM: +5 | Attack: Greatsword +4 (2d6+4) 19-20/x2

Durlo's fingers edge up onto the handle of his greatsword, but, seeing the others run makes him think twice. He struggles to find a common saying for this situation in the common tongue. "Most luck to you, Janira Instructor."

He makes his way into the cavern and starts to feel more at home once he's inside, the stone, the dark, and the passageways, all familiar and strange and dangerous. He keeps watch for anything amiss, drawing his greatsword.

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:19 T:11 FF:18,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +4, Refl: +0, Will: +1 | Init: +1, Speed 20ft Human Fighter (Viking) basic attack Flail +4 (1d8+3+2) or Javelin +2 (1d6+3)

"So brave" Sigrid says to no one in particular. "Good luck Janira" she yells in the direction Janira was headed.

Seeing Bartimaeus grab the bag she follows them into the cave entrance.

Dark Archive

Male Human #135676-9 Sorcerer-Air Elemental Bloodline 1:HP:7/9, Spd:30, Init:4, AC:16, FF:14, T:12, Fort:2, Ref:2, Will:2, CMB/CMD: 2/14, 20% spell failure chance

Mordack doublemoves to get into the cave.


Running into the cave, you can hear distantly the clash of steel and the grunts of the minotaur as Janira and the beast clash. The sounds grow distant as the cave system stretches deep below the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, though most of it is accessible only through a narrow keyhole tunnel. All of the tunnels in this area are between 3 and 10 feet wide and vary equally in height, though most are a comfortable 7 or more feet wide in each dimension.

Janira’s Backpack:
potion of barkskin, potions of cure light wounds (2), potion of feather step, potion of vanish, scroll of entangle, scroll of gust of wind, scroll of identify, scroll of mage armor (CL 6), scroll of obscuring mist, wand of burning hands (CL 3rd, 4 charges), wand of cure light wounds (CL 3rd, 6 charges), acid, alchemist’s fire (2), holy water, smokestick, tanglefoot bags (2), thunderstone;

The caves are damp, causing the floor and walls to be slippery, a couple of times people almost slip and fall just walking. Water dripping from stalactites and the distant rushing of underground streams creates an eerie backdrop as you guys explore. The caves’ walls are patterned with blue-green luminescent fungi that provide dim light. Petroglyphs—most depicting marine animals or spiral shapes—periodically decorate the tunnels’ walls, becoming increasingly frequent

The narrow tunnel twists and turns for several hundred feet before slowly opening to a wider passage. A large hole spans the cave’s width and stretches ten feet down the path. At the bottom of the pit lies a small bundle of cloth.

Kn: Dungeoneering or Survival DC10:

That large hole looks artificial someone or something dug it here, on purpose

Kn Dungeoneering or Survival DC15:

Not only is that hole something someone dug but it looks to be over a year old. Also whoever created the pit rounded its walls to eliminate any corners that a trapped creature might brace against while trying to escape.

1 to 50 of 467 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cody's Pathfinder's Beginnings 3-Part Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.