Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Cody's GD 6 In Wrath's Shadow

Game Master Codanous

MAP


101 to 150 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Stats:
Swashbuckler 5| AC 23 T 16 FF 16 | CMD 21| hp 44| F +2 (D+6) R +9 (D+15) W 1 (D=5) | Spd 30' | Init +6 | SR 16 Vs. Divine

Mutahir shakes his head as the song exits his head, and swears a few things in Rahadoumi. Mutahir stands near by, but the wave a healing energy seems to almost... bend? around him, leaving him untouched. He gives a wry smile.

If you want to try and force it, you can, but he has SR 16 and required will save of +5, so for RP purposes we can just say it fails. Don't think I was hit anyways, but again, RP.

I told you, the magicks of the divine do not work on me. I took no half measures when I abandoned the gods.

He looks like he wants to say more, but thinks better of it. He pats his bag instead and a small "Clink" of bottles is heard.

I have plenty of healing vials prepared by bards and alchemists that I can use if needed, as well as a wand I can give to an arcane user to heal me if needed.

He starts exploring the area slowly, sheathing his sword as he goes.

I also can, in a pinch, heal myself through a old Rahadoumi technique by focusing my will, though it is not preferable.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Bekyar) Cleric (Crusader) 1 / Paladin (Divine Hunter) 2 / Monk (Sacred Mountain) 3 / Champion of Irori 1 | HP: 48/68 | AC: (35) (18 T, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +16, R:+10, W: +19 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40' | 2/8 Channels | 1/5 LoH

“You are most welcome, Cirri.”

“Thank-you for the offer of your wand.” Antonella makes a flat horizontal gesture with her right palm. “But I think you should keep it with you for our next encounter.”

“I have adequate healing wands for the time being.” The monk bows to the faerie dragon. “Master Riddywhipple, you were of immense help during the battle.”

Cirri wrote:
“When I was young I thought my birth mother was a harpy, or maybe a mermaid. But... I tried hitting one of them and she seemed to resist some of the impact.”

She can’t mean it.

Antonella looks aghast at the magus. “CIRRI MERRYWEATHER! You surely don’t mean to tell a paladin of the god of Strength and Serenity that you struck your own mother!”

☥ ☥ ☥

“I harbor no ill will towards you or your position, Brother Mutahir. In any event you are welcome to join in fellowship or meditation with me – on a purely secular basis.”

Antonella smiles. “Many nonbelievers benefit from the Master’s relaxation and introspection techniques.”

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

"Huh? No! I mean I hit one of these harpies with my staff. They ignored the frost and most of the blow." Cirri almost shrieks. "Maybe if I had a cold iron or silver weapon I could have stopped these harpies sooner." She points at the dead pink-feathered creature before her.

Riddywhipple can't help but laugh at all of this.

Liberty's Edge

Stats:
Swashbuckler 5| AC 23 T 16 FF 16 | CMD 21| hp 44| F +2 (D+6) R +9 (D+15) W 1 (D=5) | Spd 30' | Init +6 | SR 16 Vs. Divine

Mutahir bows slightly and gives a more genuine smile.

I will admit, I do have respect for those who gained their godly power on their own merits. I will merely observe, but I appreciate the offer.

He taps his finger against his sword hilt and seems to be pondering.

Rather like respecting the elected leader of an enemy nation rather than some king or queen who makes claims merely on their existence. Still not on good terms, but I can at least respect them as a person... since they where actually people at one point.

He stops and shakes his head with a smile.

Sorry, if you let me, I'll start wandering off into theological and metaphysical ramblings. Inherent danger of the work I do I'm afraid...

Liberty's Edge

HP: 44/44 (59/59 raging) Sonic HP: 6/22 (13/29 Raging) (AC: 18/11Tch/18FF (Current:18/7Tch/18FF )| CMB: +11 (+2Raging), CMD: 22 | F: +9(+3 rage), R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +2+4 | Perc: +7, SM: 0 Speed 40ft | Rage: 8/14 | Spells: 2/day (1/2): Frostbite, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Rage, Enlarged, Shield 5rds, Long Arm 6rds

FYI, Mutahir, normally Channel Energy, positive or negative, is not subject to SR. If your faith (or lack thereof) requires you to attempt to resist it, no worries. Just discussing game mechanics.

Riptide shrinks back to his normal hulking medium size, and sighs as the fatigue hits him for half a minute or so. He nods appreciation to Antonella, then perks up as he looks around, searching bodies and room for anything of interest. He keeps his longspear out, in case those pesky harpies that escaped try and come back. The hedgehog detaches himself from Riptide and comes out from under his armor to take a look and sniff around as well. Finding little of interest, and being uncomfortable with the attention of the rest of the party, he scurries back under Riptide's armor and re-attaches himself as a tumor.

Urktar's perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Sonic's perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Mutahir, is there anything here worth studyin'? Are you here to learn how to end a religion? Sonic tinks dat's fascinatin'..."

Liberty's Edge

Stats:
Swashbuckler 5| AC 23 T 16 FF 16 | CMD 21| hp 44| F +2 (D+6) R +9 (D+15) W 1 (D=5) | Spd 30' | Init +6 | SR 16 Vs. Divine

Huh, now I know. But yeah, My "Rahadoumi Disbeliever" trait requires that I always resist divine spells, origins, ect, and that's a requirement of the prestige class I'm picking up next level to. Also, warning, lots of text incoming!

Mutahir begins looking around, both seeing if there is anything of note and if there is anything he can recognize from his studies.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
knowledge religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Mutahir's long winded response to Urktar, read if you want to:

If it were up to me my friend, all religions would be erased. I happen to prefer non-violently. But, priorities exist for a reason.

He looks to his fellow pathfinder and pulls out a small glowing tablet (The stone kind).

This is a copy of the Laws of Man, the laws by which all Rahadoumi hold themselves and others accountable. Anyone who swears by these laws is entitled to the protection of the Rahadoumi and it's forces, such as the Pure Legion, the elite forces of which I used to be a part of.

He shows the tablet to Urktar and Sonic, though unless they read Rahadoumi it's just scratches and scribbles.

This law here is what is known as "The First Law of Man". Fairly simple, but it is what Rahadoum is known for. "Let no one be beholden to any god."

He puts the tablet away and frowns.

Let me ask you a question thought. If no man should be beholden to a god... why is it okay for people to be beholden to other people? This is the same question I posed to my superiors after seeing a slave auction in Rahadoum. My question was.... not well received.

He shrugs.

Do to my... habit of speaking my mind, I found myself in Andoran with a branch of the pathfinder society, fighting people that use to be my teammates in the pure legion to free the slaves of Rahadoum, and everywhere. How can I with a honest heart tell people such as these...

He waves at the paladin

that they should throw off the shackles of the gods, yet allow my own people to shackle others? So first, is to find a way to free all people. Once people are free to choose to reject the gods, then I can try to convince them of the proper path.

He stops and chuckles, returning to his work.
Sorry, I warned you I get long winded on such matters.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

Cirri takes a look around with Riddywhipple.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Riddywhipple's Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
"Oh! Is that your familiar, Riptide? What a cute hedgehog! I bet you love belly rubs!"

Liberty's Edge

HP: 44/44 (59/59 raging) Sonic HP: 6/22 (13/29 Raging) (AC: 18/11Tch/18FF (Current:18/7Tch/18FF )| CMB: +11 (+2Raging), CMD: 22 | F: +9(+3 rage), R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +2+4 | Perc: +7, SM: 0 Speed 40ft | Rage: 8/14 | Spells: 2/day (1/2): Frostbite, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Rage, Enlarged, Shield 5rds, Long Arm 6rds

When Cirri moves in to rub Sonic's belly, she realizes it's not really a hedgehog, but rather a ball of tumorous flesh that resembles a hedgehog...though he does like belly rubs.

At first, Urktar just nods politely at Mutahir, but...:
when Mutahir starts talking about taking the shackles off all the people and setting them free, he just starts preachin':
"Let me hear you TESTIFY! Never really had much use for the gods--no offense, Antonella, just talking personally, not all phillomosofical, like Mutahir--but it really should be a matter of personal choice. For all of it. Maybe someday you and I will take down some slavers together, Mutahir. I look forward to that day."


Climbing the marble idol is a relatively easy task. You guys find an object strapped to a tentacle of the statue.

it’s made of hammered and etched gold. Threaded through either end are ribbons of red silk. The item is the brow and nose guard which covers the wearer’sforehead to just above the eyebrows and extends down to
the nose.

Kn: Arcana DC20:
This looks to be a piece of an ancient magical item, an Acrimony Veil. Acrimony veils are rare ancient magic devices created by Alaznist, the Runelord of Wrath. They are normally composed of several types of interconnected metal and human bones, each etched with complex designs. The device covers the wearer’s entire face (forehead, cheeks, and jaw), but provides no benefit to AC. Without being put together you have no way knowing what magical abilities it may provide

If one was able to assemble the remaining pieces this Acrimony Veil may be restored to full functionality.

The statue also looks to have a number of Onyx Gemstones one could pry free.

If one pries free the Gemstones:

There are 24 onyx gemstones worth 25 gold each

You guys find two side rooms as well. The Northern room is a small, irregularly-shaped room that contains little more than debris from the smashed barrier, ages-old dust, and a shaft descending into the darkness.

The southern room At the southeastern corner of this room is a gruesome statue of a man. He is bare chested; scars, brands, and seeping wounds cover his exposed flesh. He stands with arms crossed, hands gripped tightly like a penitent. Blood oozes from his lacerations and he grits his teeth as though in excruciating pain, though the corners of his mouth turn up slightly, suggesting he derives some wicked pleasure from this perversion of his flesh. A strange mask made of iron covers the statue’s face, the metal etched with complicated sigils. A broad belt made of leather and adorned with copper disks girds the statue’s waist.

Perception DC 10:
That mask looks like a complete version of an Acrimony Veil

Perception DC 29:
The iron mask is a mundane replica of the acrimony veil and casual examination reveals the obvious similarity with the brow and nose guard and what parts are missing. It’s easily removed from the statue, but doing so without caution triggers a trap: the teeth of the statue shatter and from within the sculpture’s interior a cloud of superheated air blasts forth, burning all standing within the boundaries of the room.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

Cirri shrugs. "That belly is getting rubbed one way or another!" She's glad to see Sonic appreciates it.

Cirri is eventually redirected to the many items found.
K. Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
"Ew...this is a piece of a Acrimony Veil. I don't know what this one does, until we find the remaining pieces. I don't know why you'd want to build something out of bone and metal, but it's valuable." She sighs. "Sometimes mages can be such dorks."

Looking at the statue, Cirri frowns again. "Man, this place gets creepier and creepier."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Riddywhipple's Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Riddywhipple pipes up. "At least that statue is wearing the completed Acrimony Veil. We should take it for study, eh? Or at least one of those creepy Hallow's Eve party masks!"

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

know arcana dc 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

"These are parts of an Acrimony Veil... it is incomplete, but perhaps we will find the rest of it as we investigate further. Perhaps we can restore it to be functional again."

"Oh, and someone might want to collect those onyx stones... there look to be enough of them to be of value."

perc dc 10,29: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

"There you go! A statue showing a complete Acrimony Veil... just need to find these parts here and reconstruct it. This one looks to be removable, we could take it as a sample to follow, but there's a trap to foil anyone who does so."

disable: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

If successful at the disable attempt, Kel takes the replica of the mask.


Kel confidently attempts to disable the trap and comes incredibly close to doing so but knows that the trap is still primed.

You failed to disable it but not enough to set off the trap, maybe if someone can aid you

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

Kel tries again, hopefully with aid this time...

disable: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

just a guess but probably needs 2 aids at least.

Liberty's Edge

Stats:
Swashbuckler 5| AC 23 T 16 FF 16 | CMD 21| hp 44| F +2 (D+6) R +9 (D+15) W 1 (D=5) | Spd 30' | Init +6 | SR 16 Vs. Divine

Mutahir looks over and watches as his wizardly friend tinkers with the trap.
Untrained, can't help here.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Bekyar) Cleric (Crusader) 1 / Paladin (Divine Hunter) 2 / Monk (Sacred Mountain) 3 / Champion of Irori 1 | HP: 48/68 | AC: (35) (18 T, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +16, R:+10, W: +19 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40' | 2/8 Channels | 1/5 LoH
Riptide wrote:
--no offense, Antonella

“None taken, Brother Riptide. I assure you.”

Antonella observes Mutahir’s mannerisms and facial expressions carefully throughout his speech.

I have witnessed raging Dawnflower Ayatollahs with less vitriol than this poor soul.

She waits patiently until he’s done.

“My brother, I am not here to debate you. But should you ever need someone to just converse with, I am here for you.”

The priestess *deadpans* “Though I tend not to discuss politics and religion with my friends.”

☠ ☠ ☠

Take 10 Perception: 10 + 7 = 17

“Brother Kel, I cannot aid your endeavors either. Though I do have a suggestion – perhaps an unusual one for a Pathfinder.”

“I am unfamiliar with arcane … items such as these.” Antonella looks with distaste at the Acrimony Veil. “But would I be correct in thinking they are unlikely to help us in the battles ahead?”

“If so, why not avoid any traps before we face the coming storm and loo… liberate these objets d'art as we leave this place?”

Liberty's Edge

HP: 44/44 (59/59 raging) Sonic HP: 6/22 (13/29 Raging) (AC: 18/11Tch/18FF (Current:18/7Tch/18FF )| CMB: +11 (+2Raging), CMD: 22 | F: +9(+3 rage), R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +2+4 | Perc: +7, SM: 0 Speed 40ft | Rage: 8/14 | Spells: 2/day (1/2): Frostbite, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Rage, Enlarged, Shield 5rds, Long Arm 6rds

Riptide takes a good look at this thing.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Just how tough ya think this Agramony Vale might be? Could just throw a rope over the statue and pull it over from outside the room. Do you think it'd survive this fiery blast? Though Antonella is prolly right. Better to try that after we clear out da basement."

Riptide shrugs, then uses his darkvision to peer down the hole in the other room. He's hoping he'll see the bottom before he runs outta vision...because he's only got 50' of rope.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Bekyar) Cleric (Crusader) 1 / Paladin (Divine Hunter) 2 / Monk (Sacred Mountain) 3 / Champion of Irori 1 | HP: 48/68 | AC: (35) (18 T, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +16, R:+10, W: +19 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40' | 2/8 Channels | 1/5 LoH

"I have 50' of rope to aid our descent, Riptide."

Antonella pulls the item from her pack. "If that is not enough, the Master of Swords taught me the Double Sellen Fisherman's bend for securing two ropes together."

"Can you spy an anchor point?"

Once her wayfinder's light appears following a simple chant of "Lux!", the paladin is ready to lead the others below.

Thassilonian:
"Light!"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

"I can't really help, either..." Cirri flips through her book. "If only I brought some energy resistance with me..."

Silver Crusade

HP 57/57; AC 18, T 14, FF 14; F+8, R+11, W+6; CMD 19; Init +4; Perc +10

Disable Device, Aid: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

"Lemme help, man. I got some talents, misspent youth and all." Rashaam grins.


Together Rashaam and Kel are able to figure out to disarm the trap, they are able to secure the Acrimony Veil though holding it up close they realize it is a duplicate, more meant to trick someone into dying a firey death than serve as a useful magic item.

Just lease the North room with the ominous hole leading down deeper into the depths of this already unforgiving dungeon.

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

"Well, that was a wasted effort, but wait, maybe not... perhaps we can use this as a guide how to reconstruct the actual veil when we find the missing pieces, eh?"

"Shall we continue on and down then?"

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Bekyar) Cleric (Crusader) 1 / Paladin (Divine Hunter) 2 / Monk (Sacred Mountain) 3 / Champion of Irori 1 | HP: 48/68 | AC: (35) (18 T, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +16, R:+10, W: +19 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40' | 2/8 Channels | 1/5 LoH

“A wasted effort? I think not, Brother Kel.”

The paladin’s features are grim as the trick is revealed. “Your investigation suggests the one who designed this tomb of horrors is keen to slaughter those who explore it.”

“I propose leaving our differences aside to concentrate on rescuing captives and making it out of this pit alive.”

Antonella grasps the knotted rope with both hands, bracing the wall of the shaft with her feet as she slips over the edge.

Take 10 Climb DC 0?: 10 + 1 = 11

The priestess checks the path downwards carefully for traps and threats, the glow of the wayfinder at her belt marking her progress down the shaft.

Perception for traps and threats: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

"Yeah! Now no one will die grabbing useless trinkets. Besides, maybe the real veil will look like this..."

Cirri looks at the rope, shrugs, and hops down, letting the winds buffer her fall.
My Flight Hex lets me cast Feather Fall at will.

Cirri and Riddywhipple take a look once they land.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Riddywhipple's Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

"Differences? Wasn't aware we had any of note... we're all Pathfinders... explore, report and COOPERATE, yanno?" He looks down along the length of the rope at Cirry and her dragonlet, waits for one or two other meat shields to go down first before he does.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 44/44 (59/59 raging) Sonic HP: 6/22 (13/29 Raging) (AC: 18/11Tch/18FF (Current:18/7Tch/18FF )| CMB: +11 (+2Raging), CMD: 22 | F: +9(+3 rage), R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +2+4 | Perc: +7, SM: 0 Speed 40ft | Rage: 8/14 | Spells: 2/day (1/2): Frostbite, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Rage, Enlarged, Shield 5rds, Long Arm 6rds

Riptide climbs down the rope.
Then he takes a look around. 60' Darkvision
climb check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

After Riptide goes down and nothing horrible happens... no screams or sounds of combat from below, Kel climbs down slowly and carefully...

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Sliding down the rope you guys descend about 10 feet into complete darkness, illuminated only by Antonella's Wayfinder casting ominous shadows.

Taking in the room, The ceiling of this chamber is ten feet above, and its walls are covered with fading frescoes depicting a parade of cultists engaged in grisly acts of self-mutilation involving knives, scourges, and more bizarre implements.

The depiction of the ground beneath the repugnant pageant seems to be composed of thick, snake-like tentacles whose appendages and tooth filled orifices lick greedily at the blood cascading down from the cult figures. To the east, debris from a smashed wall is scattered, spilling into the hall.

The dungeon down here is silent, your gear clanking creates what sounds like a marching band cacophony.

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

Kel pulls out his own wayfinder and adds to the light just to relieve the oppressive darkness threatening to close in around him.

Liberty's Edge

Stats:
Swashbuckler 5| AC 23 T 16 FF 16 | CMD 21| hp 44| F +2 (D+6) R +9 (D+15) W 1 (D=5) | Spd 30' | Init +6 | SR 16 Vs. Divine

Mutahir also slides down the rope (Taking 10). At the floor, he mutters a word and his wayfinder alights.

Now this is more my speed. Cultists in need of a good firm killing.

He draws his rapier again and begins to walk towards the statue, his eyes glancing about for anything dangerous.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Bekyar) Cleric (Crusader) 1 / Paladin (Divine Hunter) 2 / Monk (Sacred Mountain) 3 / Champion of Irori 1 | HP: 48/68 | AC: (35) (18 T, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +16, R:+10, W: +19 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40' | 2/8 Channels | 1/5 LoH

“Concur.”

Antonella points upwards at the fresco flagellants and then lower at the blood-engorged abomination.

“I have encountered cultists of Lissala before, on a sabotage mission in northern Varisia. This scene suggests Lissalans living in symbiosis with the qlippoth paragon Yamasoth.”

The scholarly monk fingers her chin. “Unusual for a lawful deity to align with a creature of writhing chaos.”

“Prepare to meet the products of this unholy union, my brothers and sister.”

Antonella moves to catch up with Mutahir, as he leads the party north(?) towards the visible statue.

Perception for traps and threats: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

All Cirri can mutter is "Ew..." as she looks at the carnage. "Give me a second. Um...bugbear, okay."

Cirri uses some magic to cast Alter Self and become a bugbear, now with Darkvision! "Okay."

Cirri casts Alter Self for 6 minutes.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 44/44 (59/59 raging) Sonic HP: 6/22 (13/29 Raging) (AC: 18/11Tch/18FF (Current:18/7Tch/18FF )| CMB: +11 (+2Raging), CMD: 22 | F: +9(+3 rage), R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +2+4 | Perc: +7, SM: 0 Speed 40ft | Rage: 8/14 | Spells: 2/day (1/2): Frostbite, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Rage, Enlarged, Shield 5rds, Long Arm 6rds

Riptide uses his wand of Heightened Awareness, then moves to the door and takes a peek in both directions with his Darkvision.
perception: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 4 = 21
He grunts quietly and whispers toward the party, "At least there's room for a fella to expand a little in these halls..."

For marching order, Riptide is fine wherever, just so he has room get big when he rages, if situation warrants. I.e. he'd prefer not to be in the middle, unless we leave some spacing. (which can be a good thing, since he can attack over others with reach, if bottleneck occurs).

Silver Crusade

HP 57/57; AC 18, T 14, FF 14; F+8, R+11, W+6; CMD 19; Init +4; Perc +10

Trapspotter talent!

Rashaam shoulders Mister Bean and follows the others.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

Cirri will be near the front. As a bugbear she has scent and darkvision. She will hand Riddywhipple the Wand of Cure Light Wounds. Time to sell this wand of shield...

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Bekyar) Cleric (Crusader) 1 / Paladin (Divine Hunter) 2 / Monk (Sacred Mountain) 3 / Champion of Irori 1 | HP: 48/68 | AC: (35) (18 T, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +16, R:+10, W: +19 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40' | 2/8 Channels | 1/5 LoH

“My goodness, Cirri.”

Antonella does a double-take at the magus’ new appearance. “You look good enough to smite.”

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

"Hey, thanks!" Cirri begins sniffing around, only to do a double take. "Wait, no smiting! Bugbears can see if the dead of night, and they can smell blood from- I'm using bad descriptors here..." She blushes and proceeds further.

Riddywhipple laughs.


To the north, on a raised platform, stand leathery brown statues of withered and emaciated humans poised as though attentively observing passersby. The statues have a grim, realistic appearance, and each one is flayed and modified in a unique way.

Heal or Perception DC15:
Closer examination of these gruesome “statues” reveals that they are actually the petrified corpses of sacrificial victims.

Each statue is unique in its own way, representing some form of chaos or pain.

The figures have their throats and wrists slit and most of their mouths are sewn shut. Some of them have their forearms separated between the ulna and radius, splitting even the fingers of the hands to create additional appendages.

Others have portions of their skulls removed and replaced with a different, leathery material. Some have modifications to their torsos, in which the ribs have been split, pried out, and sharpened to points. One figure in the middle of this display sits with its arms raised, palms out. Its teeth have been pulled out, filed to points, and then embedded into its hands.

Looking farther west you guys see another large open room, it looks like there dozens of bodies littering the floor in this next room as well. Hard to quite make out the details from where you are.

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

perc: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"Oh, that is ... just... disturbing. Horrid. I could think of more descriptive words, but you get the picture."

He looks west... "Bodies on the floor in the next room... I'm not sure I want to see what's been done to those."

Liberty's Edge

Stats:
Swashbuckler 5| AC 23 T 16 FF 16 | CMD 21| hp 44| F +2 (D+6) R +9 (D+15) W 1 (D=5) | Spd 30' | Init +6 | SR 16 Vs. Divine

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Petrified as in flesh to stone petrified or petrified as in really old petrified?
Mutahir looks over the "statues", and shakes his head.

It is to late for you... perhaps you will find happiness in the life after this...

He stops for a moment, respectfully bowing his head and saying something in Rahadoumi before looking to the others.

These are not statues... well, they weren't. They are petrified remains. We should be wary, there may be a creature here that helped in the process of "Erecting" these statues. This much malice and chaos in a area with lots of bodies tends to bring the dead to life as well.

He turns towards the other room and walks towards, it, the light from his wayfinder spreading out before him.

Especially here I suspect... not even given the twisted right of peace these poor souls have been given...

He looks at the bodies as he draws closer and his light plays over them, obviously expecting something to attack as light reflects from his sword.

Silver Crusade

HP 57/57; AC 18, T 14, FF 14; F+8, R+11, W+6; CMD 19; Init +4; Perc +10

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"I think I"m gonna be sick..." Rashaam vomits to the side, before wiping his face and accepting a leaf as a handkerchief from Bean.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 44/44 (59/59 raging) Sonic HP: 6/22 (13/29 Raging) (AC: 18/11Tch/18FF (Current:18/7Tch/18FF )| CMB: +11 (+2Raging), CMD: 22 | F: +9(+3 rage), R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +2+4 | Perc: +7, SM: 0 Speed 40ft | Rage: 8/14 | Spells: 2/day (1/2): Frostbite, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Rage, Enlarged, Shield 5rds, Long Arm 6rds

Riptide moves forward and carefully pokes one with his longspear.
"Are these just empty husks, or does some evil lurk within?"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Riddywhipple's Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

"Ugh, it's all sacrificial. This was built as a... display." Cirri turns her now bulbous nose away from the carnage. "Also, the smell is terrible." Cirri leans against her staff. "I'll see if I smell anything um... out of the ordinary."

Cirri leans closer to the ground and sniffs, trying to pick up non-humanoid scents.
Cirri's Scent Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Bekyar) Cleric (Crusader) 1 / Paladin (Divine Hunter) 2 / Monk (Sacred Mountain) 3 / Champion of Irori 1 | HP: 48/68 | AC: (35) (18 T, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +16, R:+10, W: +19 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40' | 2/8 Channels | 1/5 LoH

Take 10 Heal: 10 + 5 = 15

“The splitting of the arm and finger bones suggesting multiple appendages, is no doubt inspired by Yamasoth’s tentacled visage.”

Antonella’s detached scholarly tone may sound cold or even callus to the others. In reality, a childhood spent in uneasy coexistence with wild Zenj tribes in rural Sargava, combined with the stoicism acquired through relentless Iroran training, has left her largely immune to the horrors human beings inflict on one another.

“Note the teeth imbedded in the extremities of this poor soul. Reminiscent of the fangs arrayed amongst the qlippoth harbinger’s appendages.”

The mind of the cleric of the god of Knowledge returns suddenly to more practical matters. “I posit this is a trap designed to lure us towards the bodies in the next room. Upon which, we are ambushed there with these statues animating to cut off our retreat.”

“This forces us into a desperate battle on two fronts.”

The paladin frowns. “Some statues capable of animating can be discovered through simple observation.”

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

“Otherwise, we could adopt Riptide’s proposal from above, roping each statue and toppling it so that is shatters, before moving onto the western room.”

Liberty's Edge

HP: 44/44 (59/59 raging) Sonic HP: 6/22 (13/29 Raging) (AC: 18/11Tch/18FF (Current:18/7Tch/18FF )| CMB: +11 (+2Raging), CMD: 22 | F: +9(+3 rage), R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +2+4 | Perc: +7, SM: 0 Speed 40ft | Rage: 8/14 | Spells: 2/day (1/2): Frostbite, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Rage, Enlarged, Shield 5rds, Long Arm 6rds

"If no evil lurks within these husks, it'd be disrespectful to destroy them. I would rather not defile the bodies if they are not undead or some other horror. If there were time, I'd rather pay respects and bury them. Perhaps once we've destroyed what's terrorizing the camp."

If the mummy/statue statue didn't react to Riptide's poking, he'll move down the corridor, actively looking around while slowly moving forward, longspear in hands.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 4 = 30


The mummies look pretty dead to everyone's observation, the poking and prodding nearly topples a couple of the mummified corpses but no reaction.

Looking for any traps with them doesn't reveal anything mechanical or magical.

Heading into the next room, slowly at first, treading cautiously you guys notice the earlier wall decorations of bodies engaged in horrific rituals continue into this large chamber. Ages-old blood stains the
floor and walls in dusty flakes.

A mosaic similar to the one in the temple above, that of a Seven Pointed Star, covers the floor, partially obscured by dozens of naked corpses scattered across the floor.

Heal DC12:
Many of these bodies bear similar ritual scaring and mutilation from the earlier statues. However many of them seem to have large long strips of skin flayed from them as well.

Perception DC12:
Hidden behind copious amounts of blood stains you notice the far wall is actually just a bricked up passageway. It looks like it could be knocked down fairly easily by someone strong

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

"Seven pointed star... that's familiar... "

knowledge roll to identify it?


Kn: History DC25 or Religion DC25:
The Seven Pointed Star has a number of representations, most notably as a symbol for the ancient Thassilonian Empire. It is also used as a Holy Symbol for the ancient and nearly forgotten deity Lissala

Dark Archive

hp 44/44; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 3, r 6, w 8/10 ench; bab 3, melee 2, ranged 5; cmb 2, cmd 14, init +2; woh 32 woclw 46 womm 24 wweb 50; folio 0/1 | half-elf investigator/1 wizard/6
skills:
acro 7, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 18, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 7+5=12, k arcana 13, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 12, spellcrft 15, umd 12

know history: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + (4) = 23 damn, so close

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Bekyar) Cleric (Crusader) 1 / Paladin (Divine Hunter) 2 / Monk (Sacred Mountain) 3 / Champion of Irori 1 | HP: 48/68 | AC: (35) (18 T, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F: +16, R:+10, W: +19 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40' | 2/8 Channels | 1/5 LoH

“Dead bodies and disease go together like evil cultists’ faces and my fist.”

Antonella pauses to sip her antiplague. “Allow me to do the honors, brothers and sister.”

Take 10 Heal: 10 + 5 = 15
Take 10 Perception: 10 + 7 = 17

This is too easy … Is something else in play here?

The paladin disturbs the bodies as little as possible, discovering “Many of these bodies bear similar ritual scaring and mutilation from the earlier statues. However several seem to have large long strips of skin flayed from them as well.”

She *shrugs* “I’d speculate the flaying is more a characteristic of worshippers of Lissala than Yamasoth, but as to the reason for it – I’m at a loss.”

“The far wall is actually just a bricked up passageway. It looks like it could be knocked down fairly easily by someone strong, but …”

The monk shakes her head. “It was bricked up for a reason – like to keep something nasty caged up, maybe?”

“Again I would suggest letting sleeping Saint Bernadettes lie, and coming back to the sealed passage when we’ve explored the rest.”

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"The Seven Pointed Star has a number of representations, most notably as a symbol for the ancient Thassilonian Empire. It is also used as a Holy Symbol for the ancient and nearly forgotten deity Lissala."

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/4/1/2 | Arcane Pool 5/7 | Flight Hex minutes 6/7 | GM Folio Reroll +1 | Alter Self | Shield | +2 bonus on quarterstaff (+3 total) | HP 53/53 | AC 25, T 14, FF 24 | Saves 8/5/6 | CMD 21 (23 vs trip) | Perception +6 | Init +1 | Female Human Staff Magus 7

Cirri lets the religious experts talk.

"I guess we can come back to this wall later if we need to? Let's go south, then." Cirri prepares to double back and head all the way past the southern corridor.

101 to 150 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cody's GD 6 In Wrath's Shadow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.