Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Chyro [PFS special]: Cosmic Captive (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone


1 to 50 of 429 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Dot here.


dot...

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Black Kensei 3
Spoiler:
| AC 17*, T 13, FF 14* |HP: 27/27 | F +4, R 0, W +3 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 versus sonic, +1 vs earth/acid) | Init -1, Perc +2 |CMB +6 CMD 15| 3/5 Arcane Pool, 1/1 Shard pool, 3/3 erasures, Timelost 1/1

The sound of metal shrieking on cobblestones can be heard from outside....

Liberty's Edge

Wizard 3 (Illusionist) - HP 23/23 , AC (15 Mage Armor, Ring +1) 11/T: 15/FF: 10 - Perception +3 - F: +3/ R: +1/ W: +3 - CMB: 0 - CMD: 10, Speed: 30, Init. +6

A man with long blond hair, pulled back in a pony tail, alternates between studying items in the room, holding out his hands and framing a square as he squints; and working a piece of charcoal on an open page of a book.

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Another great events is brewing in and around of Absalom. The last was of unimagined magnitude, with the balance of time and space having depended on the efforts of the society's many agents.

Those who had participated in the previous special know what i'm talking about. ;)

Memory lane of epic proportions, facing armageddon and rocking the combat successes like mad. ^^
-----------------------------
Markets are extra busy, with dwarves promoting their weapons, gnomish alchemists praising their ..."extra tasty strawberry-flavored healing tonic" here!

With the event getting organized, some painters have taken this opportunity to draw the scenes and agents at certain times of day.

A little halfling girl:
"Erm hello, hello? You people, would you have time for a quick portrait to commemorate this day?"


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to continue to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Black Kensei 3
Spoiler:
| AC 17*, T 13, FF 14* |HP: 27/27 | F +4, R 0, W +3 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 versus sonic, +1 vs earth/acid) | Init -1, Perc +2 |CMB +6 CMD 15| 3/5 Arcane Pool, 1/1 Shard pool, 3/3 erasures, Timelost 1/1

A bizarre and unnerving figure - marble-skinned with sinuous muscles beneath a beautiful, strangely-cut kimono, and wearing a stunning metal-and-cloth mask that leaves only...its...cold, white, almond-shaped eyes showing, and with a small hexagonal spellbook, a sheaf of wands, and an extraordinary black sword at its side that looks all by itself like something out of some dark legend - stares at the little girl as though she were some sort of otherworldly magical talking mushroom. After a moment, the creature speaks.

"Why not?" It says in a voice like thin wind racing across a cold alien world.

Sovereign Court

LG Tian-Min Swordswoman 3 | HP: 23/23| AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (19FF) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +8 (+1 v. death effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +3*(+7), SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channelling (0/1) Used | Stunning Fist (0/1) Used | Honor Bound (0/6) Used | Active Conditions: None

"That sounds lovely," a clear, confident, somewhat flat voice echoes the masked entity. Its source, a Tian-Min woman with a faint sunburn, moves to the brightest spot in the general vicinity, hoping to get the maximum amount of natural light- -her black hair highlighted silver from the glare. She stands proudly 5'8" without the slightest hint of a slouch and a smile that suggests she enjoys being the focus of other's gaze. She assumes a pose that bunches up her long sleeves just enough to show the katana-and-sun tattoo on the back of her left wrist without calling undue attention to it. "What's your name, little lady?" she asks the painter cordially.

"Hey!" she calls to fellow passers-by, waving them near. "Get in this portrait!"


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

The halfling girl smiles excitedly.

"Thank you, thank you!
My name is Cassey, Cassey Heartley.
And i, am a portrait artist,
, she makes a slight bow, for this quarter's news hub. Great news deserves great pictures, and a portrait of a group of agents on their way to the big event is something i wanted to draw."

She's looking at the other 4 too, with eyes more adorable than a puppy's.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Dragon Soul Half-Elf Monk/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 20/ T 16/ FF 19 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 sleep,fear,paralysis) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st- 5/5 | Claws: 8/8 | Omen: 1/1 | Stunning Fist: 2/2 | Status: Planetary Adaptation, Mage Armor

"If we must.", the half-elf man noticeably arranges his silk robes so that the roaring head of his tattoo of golden Imperial dragon is visible over his shoulder. "Be sure to capture my good side." The man's small stature, facial features, and straight black hair mark him as Tian-Dan. His wide, golden pupils; a streak of blond in his tied-back hair; and a smattering of golden scales on his neck, and pronounced canines mark him as different. His balanced stance suggests training in the martial arts. The first two knuckles of each of his fingers are bleached white.

He gives the swordswoman an appraising look, then addresses her in their common tongue, "问候,我的朋友。 我的名字是泉泰。 你叫什么名字?"

Tien:
"Greetings, my friend. My name is Quan Tai. What is your name?"


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.

Sovereign Court

LG Tian-Min Swordswoman 3 | HP: 23/23| AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (19FF) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +8 (+1 v. death effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +3*(+7), SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channelling (0/1) Used | Stunning Fist (0/1) Used | Honor Bound (0/6) Used | Active Conditions: None

"很好遇見快樂是我的。石巴霍圖。太陽的女兒," Hokuto responds stiffly, accompanied with a bow.

Tien:
"Well met. Shiba Hokuto, Daughter of the Sun. The pleasure is mine."

"Though I always feel Lung Wa's language is overly formal. It's as stiff as cedar and twice as rigid," she says with the slightest hint of distaste. Sensing it become apparent, she quickly changes the subject.

"I've not seen a group of agents this large, and I was at one of the largest Confirmations in recent years. Any idea what they're planning to show?" She turns to the painter,"Cassey?" Then in turn, the man(?) in the mask "How about you?"

Must of missed his name. Or hers, maybe?

Sovereign Court

Male LN Dragon Soul Half-Elf Monk/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 20/ T 16/ FF 19 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 sleep,fear,paralysis) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st- 5/5 | Claws: 8/8 | Omen: 1/1 | Stunning Fist: 2/2 | Status: Planetary Adaptation, Mage Armor

"If you are more comfortable speaking in Taldane, I understand." Tai nods. "What brings you so far from Tian Xia?"


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Cassey, while drawing the portrait partially with the three of you.
Come on other three, we're taking flight.

"I don't know, but that is the exciting part. I think it won't be much longer though."

While she finishes the first three, and had made the rough outlining of the others, you all hear an announcement.
Cassey: "I can finish it afterwards. You can come find me at the news hub, it's a building with a postal pigeon sign hanging above the door."
============================
Starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky.
Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards.
These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

You might hear rumors of the Society’s latest activities related to this gathering.

Diplomacy (Gather Information). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

DC 17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

DC 22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

DC 27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

You might know the significance of the Spire of Nex and what it might be used for.

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

You might know more about the new comet in the sky.

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

DC 15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

DC 20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

DC 25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

A tall elven man approaches your group. He is followed by a youngster dragging a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks. You notice other people moving around the group that are also followed by an adolescent with a cart.
 
”Well met, I have been tasked by the Venture officers to provide magical assistance on your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."
 
He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.
 
"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it!"
 
"It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...”
 
He reaches into his spell component pouch "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"
 
I strongly advise you to make use of the spell. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (which starts tomorrow)

Later the elf takes one of the small sacks from the youngster ”In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece.” He hands over the rucksack.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf.

Your group also gets 1 wand of CMW with 5 charges.

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

Cassey turns her head one final time before she heads back.
"Hey guys, what do you hope to find out there? Ruins and mystery, or just baddies to fight? Maybe both?"

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Black Kensei 3
Spoiler:
| AC 17*, T 13, FF 14* |HP: 27/27 | F +4, R 0, W +3 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 versus sonic, +1 vs earth/acid) | Init -1, Perc +2 |CMB +6 CMD 15| 3/5 Arcane Pool, 1/1 Shard pool, 3/3 erasures, Timelost 1/1

Well, darn, I guess I'll take the spell, then. 1 Prestige spent.

Shiba Hokuto wrote:

"Though I always feel Lung Wa's language is overly formal. It's as stiff as cedar and twice as rigid," she says with the slightest hint of distaste. Sensing it become apparent, she quickly changes the subject.

Tien:
"To know one language is to be of common iron. To know more is to be of steel, greater purity with each one added, found only in alloy."
Shiba Hokuto wrote:


"I've not seen a group of agents this large, and I was at one of the largest Confirmations in recent years. Any idea what they're planning to show?" She turns to the painter,"Cassey?" Then in turn, the man(?) in the mask "How about you?"

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

"I know only that something is happening at the Spire of Nex, which the great archmage created when he laid siege to Absalom."

Sovereign Court

Male LN Dragon Soul Half-Elf Monk/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 20/ T 16/ FF 19 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 sleep,fear,paralysis) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st- 5/5 | Claws: 8/8 | Omen: 1/1 | Stunning Fist: 2/2 | Status: Planetary Adaptation, Mage Armor

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Know(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Know(geography): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 DC 10

Tai makes conversation with a few other groups in the area, but scares people away before he learns any new information.

Born under an auspicious omen himself, Tai does know a little about the movements of the stars, "Strange. A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular. I wonder why we would gather under such an ill omen."

Tai nods to the elf, "I will accept the offer of spellcasting. A pinch of prevention is worth a handful of cure."

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
K. arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Guinfa, man of golden hair and purple eyes, answers Cassey The preparations is something I can't talk about, but as an astronomer I can told you that a new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body. the he moves toward Quan and the elf, changing his conversation before someone ask something about astronomy he could not answer. I'll also accept your help of course.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Ok guys, i'd like 3 votes to decide where your path will lead you, something Cassey asked you before.
1) More exploration
2) More combat
3) Mixture.
----------------
I'll roll a d# tomorrow night, for the path, if there is no voting.
Woe the dicebot's choice. :)


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

That said, time for 1st combat. Onwards team, DEFEND YOURSELVES, DEFEND THE GATE!!!

Init:

Guinfa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Quan Tai: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Shiba: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Velinov: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Xukong: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Earth Elemental: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Earth Mephits: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


=======================
From the moment you set foot here, you've felt gravity being different. You can jump five times as high and lift five times as much as normal, and projectiles have their range categories quintupled.
=======================

Defend the gate, round 1

Shiba & Velinov
-------------
Earth Elemental
-------------
Quan Tai
-------------
Earth Mephits
-------------
Guinfa & Xukong

Kn. Planes 13 little guys:

Earth Mephits, mischievous dwellers of the elemental plane of earth.

Kn. Planes 13, technically, but still obvious:

Earth elemental.

The little guys are flying at 15 feet altitude.

Liberty's Edge

Wizard 3 (Illusionist) - HP 23/23 , AC (15 Mage Armor, Ring +1) 11/T: 15/FF: 10 - Perception +3 - F: +3/ R: +1/ W: +3 - CMB: 0 - CMD: 10, Speed: 30, Init. +6
GM Chyro wrote:

Another great events is brewing in and around of Absalom. The last was of unimagined magnitude, with the balance of time and space having depended on the efforts of the society's many agents.

Those who had participated in the previous special know what i'm talking about. ;)

Memory lane of epic proportions, facing armageddon and rocking the combat successes like mad. ^^
-----------------------------
Markets are extra busy, with dwarves promoting their weapons, gnomish alchemists praising their ..."extra tasty strawberry-flavored healing tonic" here!

With the event getting organized, some painters have taken this opportunity to draw the scenes and agents at certain times of day.

A little halfling girl:
"Erm hello, hello? You people, would you have time for a quick portrait to commemorate this day?"

Velinov scrutinizes her work to discern if she has any real talent.

craft painting/drawing: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Wizard 3 (Illusionist) - HP 23/23 , AC (15 Mage Armor, Ring +1) 11/T: 15/FF: 10 - Perception +3 - F: +3/ R: +1/ W: +3 - CMB: 0 - CMD: 10, Speed: 30, Init. +6

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Elven Man wrote:
"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it!"

Velinov snorts, "Well then, apparently the portrait taken is for our funeral. We must have offended the Venture Captain on our last mission."

knowledge planes little: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
knowledge planes large: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Wizard 3 (Illusionist) - HP 23/23 , AC (15 Mage Armor, Ring +1) 11/T: 15/FF: 10 - Perception +3 - F: +3/ R: +1/ W: +3 - CMB: 0 - CMD: 10, Speed: 30, Init. +6
GM Chyro wrote:

Ok guys, i'd like 3 votes to decide where your path will lead you, something Cassey asked you before.

1) More exploration
2) More combat
3) Mixture.
----------------
I'll roll a d# tomorrow night, for the path, if there is no voting.
Woe the dicebot's choice. :)

Velinov votes for #3...

Liberty's Edge

Wizard 3 (Illusionist) - HP 23/23 , AC (15 Mage Armor, Ring +1) 11/T: 15/FF: 10 - Perception +3 - F: +3/ R: +1/ W: +3 - CMB: 0 - CMD: 10, Speed: 30, Init. +6

Is there a map to reference?

Sovereign Court

Male LN Dragon Soul Half-Elf Monk/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 20/ T 16/ FF 19 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 sleep,fear,paralysis) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st- 5/5 | Claws: 8/8 | Omen: 1/1 | Stunning Fist: 2/2 | Status: Planetary Adaptation, Mage Armor

Cosmic Captive referenced in GM's header

Silver Crusade

37/38, || AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15, CMD: 18 || Fort: +8, Refl: +6, Will: +9 || Init: +3, Perception: +3 <Darkvision, Continual Flame, Sense Motive: +9, || Channel Energy 3d6 Will DC 12, || LG Aasimar Cleric 5, || Longspear (PA): +5 1d8+7 20/x3 [P] ||

Hello all. I just wanted to check in. We are moving to the field camp tomorrow, and I should have more freedom to post. Its past 1100pm and Im just getting off for the day.

Id vite for #3 as well

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Black Kensei 3
Spoiler:
| AC 17*, T 13, FF 14* |HP: 27/27 | F +4, R 0, W +3 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 versus sonic, +1 vs earth/acid) | Init -1, Perc +2 |CMB +6 CMD 15| 3/5 Arcane Pool, 1/1 Shard pool, 3/3 erasures, Timelost 1/1

#3 sounds quite reasonable.

Can we say I used my mage armor wand just prior to the gate opening (and hence the combat)? It's something Xukong always does when adventuring.

Also before combat:

When the subject of healing and protection comes up, Xukong displays two wands - one a red coral wand shaped like a pitchfork (infernal healing), the other a verdigris-coated copper wand tipped with a stylized obsidian sunburst, as well as a few flasks filled with translucent black liquid (inflict light wounds). "If I am gravely hurt," It informs the party, "use these or similar magics to restore me. I have...special sensitivities."

Liberty's Edge

Wizard 3 (Illusionist) - HP 23/23 , AC (15 Mage Armor, Ring +1) 11/T: 15/FF: 10 - Perception +3 - F: +3/ R: +1/ W: +3 - CMB: 0 - CMD: 10, Speed: 30, Init. +6

"Careful. There's an earth elemental and two mephits up ahead," warns Velinov as he readies his hand over a paintbrush hanging from his belt.

Velinov readies blinding ray to target the first mephit when it comes in range.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

"Heh, did you expect some hobbyist level ok skill?"
Velinov sees she is of adequate skill in drawing portraits, and it is actually quite well. Of course, there is difference between the fields of drawing and painting, so drawing might be her forte.
--------------------
For the map, slide #3 is where we are at currently.
--------------------


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Archon joining: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Defend the gate, round 1

Velinov prepares a spell to blind whatever trickster comes close next.
Shiba
-------------
Earth Elemental
-------------
Archon & Quan Tai
-------------
Earth Mephits
-------------
Guinfa & Xukong

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Black Kensei 3
Spoiler:
| AC 17*, T 13, FF 14* |HP: 27/27 | F +4, R 0, W +3 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 versus sonic, +1 vs earth/acid) | Init -1, Perc +2 |CMB +6 CMD 15| 3/5 Arcane Pool, 1/1 Shard pool, 3/3 erasures, Timelost 1/1

Knowledge (Planes) about elemental: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Ability scores (Strength if I can only ask about one, rough description/comparison if you can't say precise numbers)?

Knowledge (Planes) about mephits: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Xukong:

Elemental traits.

Earth elementals have only a slam attack, but from what tales you've heard, they put all their might in them.

A solid attack, stronger than your average humanoid. Compare to a professional brawler in a ring.

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

Elemental beings? Then it's time to see how well my new tricks work

Can I have Meek Facade on Thai before we entered? It's only a standar action to implant it


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Sure.

Sovereign Court

LG Tian-Min Swordswoman 3 | HP: 23/23| AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (19FF) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +8 (+1 v. death effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +3*(+7), SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channelling (0/1) Used | Stunning Fist (0/1) Used | Honor Bound (0/6) Used | Active Conditions: None

I cannot move my token on my phone. Please move me three spaces west.

Shiva brandishes her katana and whispers a prayer to the heavens.

Move, drawing sword, casting shield of faith.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Shiba strides forward, and receives a divine blessing for her protection.
-------------
The earth elemental rushes forth against the brave woman.
Acro to cross the fallen pillar: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Charging slam, power attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 24 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 = 18
Not hindered by the earth, it jumps across the ruined pillar, and hitting her in the side.
The fist comes crashing down hard upon Shiba, and she feels a sharp pain in her ribs.
-------------
Archon & Quan Tai
-------------
Earth Mephits
-------------
Guinfa & Xukong

Party vitals:

Archon: full
Guinfa: full
Quan Tai: full
Shiba: 5/23
Xukong: full

Sovereign Court

Male LN Dragon Soul Half-Elf Monk/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 20/ T 16/ FF 19 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 sleep,fear,paralysis) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st- 5/5 | Claws: 8/8 | Omen: 1/1 | Stunning Fist: 2/2 | Status: Planetary Adaptation, Mage Armor

Tai enters his dragon stance, then rushes toward the elemental, drawing his wand of mage armor. When he is adjacent to the creature, he activates the wand with a command, "强力装甲"

To Shiba he remarks, "That looked like quite a blow! Take care."


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Wands, contrary to weapons, can't be drawn as part of a move action, which your description suggests. Not unless you have a special feature for it.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Dragon Soul Half-Elf Monk/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 20/ T 16/ FF 19 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 sleep,fear,paralysis) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st- 5/5 | Claws: 8/8 | Omen: 1/1 | Stunning Fist: 2/2 | Status: Planetary Adaptation, Mage Armor

The PDT ruled in the FAQ that wands (as weapon-like objects) can be drawn as part of a move.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Huh, well what do you know. And here i've ever played (both as player and GM), that retrieving wands is a move action.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Dragon Soul Half-Elf Monk/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 20/ T 16/ FF 19 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 sleep,fear,paralysis) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st- 5/5 | Claws: 8/8 | Omen: 1/1 | Stunning Fist: 2/2 | Status: Planetary Adaptation, Mage Armor

I did too, until that FAQ!


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

I'll wait another hour for Archon, but otherwise i'll bot him.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Botting.
I forgot the elemental's earth mastery, which adds +1 dmg to Shiba.

Archon draws his longspear as he moves forward, approaching the creature's flank.
Despite a piece of broken pillar between himself and the elemental, he makes an attack.
Cover is in effect, as reach weapons follow the rules for ranged combat, in relation to cover.

Longspear, power attack, partial cover: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 2 = 14 Dmg: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
The spear comes close to the creature's shoulder, but misses by half a foot.
--------------------
Earth mephits:
Cyan, Fly to hover: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25, starts casting something.

Green descends in altitude and flies closer to near Archon, using the cover of the pillar to avoid AoO and breathes in, then exhales a breath of stones, which descend upon Quan Tai and Shiba.
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Ref Archon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Ref Shiba: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Shiba ducks and sidesteps very quickly, avoiding some of the incoming stones, but the stones hit several sensitive spots on Archon.
-----------------------
Guinfa & Xukong

Party Vitals:

Archon: 26/31
Guinfa: full
Quan Tai: full
Shiba: 2/23
Xukong: full

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Black Kensei 3
Spoiler:
| AC 17*, T 13, FF 14* |HP: 27/27 | F +4, R 0, W +3 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 versus sonic, +1 vs earth/acid) | Init -1, Perc +2 |CMB +6 CMD 15| 3/5 Arcane Pool, 1/1 Shard pool, 3/3 erasures, Timelost 1/1

Wait, Shiba's Reflex save was better than Archon's - if he makes his, and only takes 2 damage, shouldn't Shiba still be hanging on?

Xukong draws a slender crystal wand with a stylized Tien floral motif, and waves it over itself before advancing.

I use my wand of shield, then move forward - speaking of which, the darned map's on "view only" for some reason, so please fix that.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Whoops, my bad. He takes 5, and she takes 2.
It's fixed in previous post, link should be working now too.

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

Guinfa focus his mind in the elemental beating Shiba, eroding its will as time erodes the rocks. -2 to will, +1 to first damage/round due to painful stare. He's affected even if inmune to mind-affecting due Psychic Inception

Quan, focus your attacks in the elemental! Is our best way to avoid it attacks Shiba again! Then he conjures some grease under the elemental to see if he can make it fall to the ground. DC 15 reflex to avoid fall. After that, he picks his wand of cure light wounds to help Shiba.

If Quan fails one attack, Guinfa will mock him and activate meek facade.
I need to pass a UMD check to cure Shiba, so don't count on me alone


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Ref: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Sorry m8.

The elemental still stands firmly, after Guinfa's grease spell.
The earth sure is evil in this one.

Meanwhile Xukong buffs her/his self and advances to join the fray.
=======================
Defend the gate, round 2

Shiba & Velinov
-------------
Earth elemental
-------------
Archon & Quan Tai
-------------
Earth Mephits
-------------
Guinfa & Xukong

Party vitals:

Archon: 26/31
Guinfa: full
Quan Tai: full
Shiba: 2/23
Xukong: full

Sovereign Court

LG Tian-Min Swordswoman 3 | HP: 23/23| AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (19FF) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +8 (+1 v. death effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +3*(+7), SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channelling (0/1) Used | Stunning Fist (0/1) Used | Honor Bound (0/6) Used | Active Conditions: None

Six broken ribs, Hokuto counts to herself as she solidifies her grip on both her consciousness and her katana. Be the change you wish to see, she reminds herself of the only lesson she ever cared to live by from her year at monastery. Wincing through the pain, she shouts at the elemental "THE MOUNTAIN DOES NOT MOVE" (failing to notice the irony) as she strikes with a neat double slice.

Katana Flurry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 for damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Katana Flurry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 for damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Threatens if it hits!
Katana to Confirm (+2 trait): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 for damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Nevermind, elemental.

1 to 50 of 429 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Cosmic Captive, what is behind door #1? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.