Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Chyro [PFS Gameday 6: Tome of Righteous Repose, Tier 3-4]

Game Master Chyrone

Inits:

[dice=Charna]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Faeran]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Kitoro]1d20+7[/dice
[dice=Nectanebo]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Petrok]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Steinfaust]1d20[/dice

Perceptions:

[dice=Charna]1d20+9[/dice
[dice=Faeran]1d20+9[/dice
[dice=Kitoro]1d20+10[/dice
[dice=Nectanebo]1d20+10[/dice
[dice=Petrok]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Steinfaust]1d20+8[/dice


151 to 200 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

female elf cleric of Pharasma 1 (ecclesitheurge) / occultist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 15, T 15, FF 10 | F +8, R +6, W +9 (immune to light blindness/dazzle) | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30' 60' | Perc +9 | Init +6

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 +2 more if it's a daemon, demon, or devil

"This fallen statue is of the dwarven deity Torag, the Forge-Father. This must have been a truly beautiful complex while the dwarves still dwelt here."

Dark Archive

male/Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+6(dmg2d4+3)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10)
skills:
Acro:+0,Clmb+3, Crft tattoo:+2,Dipl+2,Fly+4,Hdl Animl:+3, Intim+9,Knw Nat+4, knw Plns+5, Knw Relgon+4,Lingus+1,Ride+4,sense mot+5,Spelcrft+4, Survavl+7,Swm+1
Half-Orc (mystic): Int +2: Per: +5: AC:19Tch:12 FF:17| HP.29/29|Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
Battle spirit 5/day,Chanel smite(feat),Endurance(feat),Focused mind(trait +2 concentration),Share spells familiar,
Shaman 4 (Spirit warden) CM:5/CMD:17|
spells:
Guidance, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize:LV:1: Burning Hands, Clure lt ,Heighten aware , unbreak heart,Enlarge or Detct Undead: LV:2: Barksin, Cure mod, Falselife,Cmd Undead or Fog cloud

Petrok, not that interested in the Dwraven culture nor any other, dismisses the statue and instead explores the north-eastern part of the room. perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 3 (Scarab Stalker)
Spoiler:
27/27 // F4/R2/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Slowly stroking the head, Steinfaust tries to put all in a spot of honor.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Somewhere, one of your actions is sensed, and the threads of fate change.

If i'm guessing correctly, current marching order is, from front to back:
Skeleton, Nectanebo, Steinfaust, Pertok, Faeran, Charna, Kitoro, ?

Petrok sees nothing of interest, but spots a 5t corridor leading to another room.

When peering inside, he finds one wall to be collapsed, and a broken stone staircase, previously descending into a black abyss down below.

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/4 | HP: 31/31 | AC/FF/T: 18/1513 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F/R/W: +6/8/6 | Init: +7 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Perc +10 (8 w/o heightened awareness), Acro +9, Bluff +9, Diplo +4, DDev +10, Disg: +8, EscArt +7, HAnim +5, Intim +13, KnLoc +7 (5 wo HA), Perf Comedy +13, Perf. Oratory +11, Perf Acting +8, SMot +7, SofHand +10, Scraft +5, Stealth +9, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: None

"Torag, huh? Someone had a bad mad-on for him; I'm guessing that monstrosity is some kind of orc god. Hopefully that's all we run into - a statue."

Kitoro gets busy mocking up some kind of finger puppet thing with tentacles and another with a hammer in case its needed later.

Dark Archive

male/Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+6(dmg2d4+3)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10)
skills:
Acro:+0,Clmb+3, Crft tattoo:+2,Dipl+2,Fly+4,Hdl Animl:+3, Intim+9,Knw Nat+4, knw Plns+5, Knw Relgon+4,Lingus+1,Ride+4,sense mot+5,Spelcrft+4, Survavl+7,Swm+1
Half-Orc (mystic): Int +2: Per: +5: AC:19Tch:12 FF:17| HP.29/29|Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
Battle spirit 5/day,Chanel smite(feat),Endurance(feat),Focused mind(trait +2 concentration),Share spells familiar,
Shaman 4 (Spirit warden) CM:5/CMD:17|
spells:
Guidance, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize:LV:1: Burning Hands, Clure lt ,Heighten aware , unbreak heart,Enlarge or Detct Undead: LV:2: Barksin, Cure mod, Falselife,Cmd Undead or Fog cloud

Petrok peeks down the staircase hallway. perception "if needed": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 He examines the collapsed stairwell for anything like secrete passages or evidence about how/why the stairway was collapsed. After a moment of study he moves back toward the group and says, Looks like a collapsed stairwell leading to a level bellow this one. We should finish examining the rooms up here. If our investigation turns up empty, we can always circle back.

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38, folio reroll 1/1 | half-elf warpriest/3 | -8 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

"I agree, let's finish this level before trying to go down..."


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

The stairs is all clear.

Fyi, the stairs is not part of the adventure. It's broken for a reason. :)

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 3 (Scarab Stalker)
Spoiler:
27/27 // F4/R2/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Steinfaust would look around the corner in the southeast.

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/4 | HP: 31/31 | AC/FF/T: 18/1513 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F/R/W: +6/8/6 | Init: +7 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Perc +10 (8 w/o heightened awareness), Acro +9, Bluff +9, Diplo +4, DDev +10, Disg: +8, EscArt +7, HAnim +5, Intim +13, KnLoc +7 (5 wo HA), Perf Comedy +13, Perf. Oratory +11, Perf Acting +8, SMot +7, SofHand +10, Scraft +5, Stealth +9, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: None
GM Chyro wrote:

If i'm guessing correctly, current marching order is, from front to back:

Skeleton, Nectanebo, Steinfaust, Pertok, Faeran, Charna, Kitoro

I'm OK with that. Kit has an AC of 18 and should be able to weather an attack from behind for a round.

Kitoro casts Heroism on Nectanebo, since he is now taking point.

Speaking of which, has Petrok been taking the +2 to all skill rolls and to hit rolls that the heroism provided him? It's hard to tell. The last roll he made was a perception roll at +5 and I cannot tell from his character sheet if the +2 was added in.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Steinfaust takes a look around the corner, not entering the room just yet.

A rectangular basin of clear, warm water fills most of this room, leaving only a five-foot walkway around the edge.
The humid air rising from the pool keeps plants, including forms of moss and fungi, alive along the room’s walls and ceiling.

Slime covers the floor here, as such the floor is considered under the effect of grease. So moving requires acrobatics DC 10 to move at half speed. Not passing it by 4 or less requires a DC 11 reflex, while not passing by 5 or more causes you to outright kiss the floor. :)

Dark Archive

male/Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+6(dmg2d4+3)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10)
skills:
Acro:+0,Clmb+3, Crft tattoo:+2,Dipl+2,Fly+4,Hdl Animl:+3, Intim+9,Knw Nat+4, knw Plns+5, Knw Relgon+4,Lingus+1,Ride+4,sense mot+5,Spelcrft+4, Survavl+7,Swm+1
Half-Orc (mystic): Int +2: Per: +5: AC:19Tch:12 FF:17| HP.29/29|Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
Battle spirit 5/day,Chanel smite(feat),Endurance(feat),Focused mind(trait +2 concentration),Share spells familiar,
Shaman 4 (Spirit warden) CM:5/CMD:17|
spells:
Guidance, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize:LV:1: Burning Hands, Clure lt ,Heighten aware , unbreak heart,Enlarge or Detct Undead: LV:2: Barksin, Cure mod, Falselife,Cmd Undead or Fog cloud
kitro wrote:
Speaking of which, has Petrok been taking the +2 to all skill rolls and to hit rolls that the heroism provided him? It's hard to tell. The last roll he made was a perception roll at +5 and I cannot tell from his character sheet if the +2 was added in

doh forgot all about the heroism ! thx for reminding me! How long does it last Kitro?


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Steinfaust sees a corridor ahead, going up a set of stairs.
To his far North-east, another runs on ground level.

Though the one due south he doesn't yet see, unless the group travels through the room.

Where to?

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/4 | HP: 31/31 | AC/FF/T: 18/1513 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F/R/W: +6/8/6 | Init: +7 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Perc +10 (8 w/o heightened awareness), Acro +9, Bluff +9, Diplo +4, DDev +10, Disg: +8, EscArt +7, HAnim +5, Intim +13, KnLoc +7 (5 wo HA), Perf Comedy +13, Perf. Oratory +11, Perf Acting +8, SMot +7, SofHand +10, Scraft +5, Stealth +9, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: None
Petrok Kaznikh wrote:
doh forgot all about the heroism ! thx for reminding me! How long does it last Kitro?

40 MINUTES!!! And for a Bard its a second level spell :)

Left hand rule. We head towards the door to the left.

Kitoro makes the acrobatics check on a 1 and does a little skating action.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Acting at # of live targets: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Reflex skeleton: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The skeleton steps towards the greasynot having a sense about acrobatics, remains standing at the greasy path, unable to properly move.

Hiding quietly: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Nectanebo and Steinfaust move past the skeleton, and they do know about acrobatics.
Perception Nectanebo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Acro DC 10, armor penalty: 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 3 = 16

Followed by Steinfaust, with his dino behind him.
Acrobatics Steinfaust: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
He unfortunately he loses his balance on the slick floor.
Reflex DC 11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
He remains standing, but has to slip to a nearby square.
Slips to nearest unoccupied: 1d2 ⇒ 2 South.
-----------------------------------
Surprise round.
A swarm of insects comes from the south and quickly closes distance with Nectanebo & Steinfaust.

They quickly eat away at the two adventurers and the skeletal servant.
Swarming: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) = 7

Fort Nectanebo vs distraction: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Fort Steinfaust vs distraction: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Steinfaust becomes nauseated.
===================================

Init:

Charna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Faeran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Kitoro: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Nectanebo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Petrok: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Steinfaust: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Swarm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Kn. Nature DC 15:

A swarm of army ants, these things are ferocious eaters.

Ant swarm, round 1

Faeran & Petrok
Steinfaust, Kitoro
Nectanebo (can post ahead)
------------
Swarm
------------
Charna

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 3 (Scarab Stalker)
Spoiler:
27/27 // F4/R2/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

STeinfaust caughs and retreats!


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Can i get an acrobatics check please to retreat, at 1/2 movement speed.

Edit: unless i'm mistaking, i rolled 2 too much on Nectanebo's fort roll. Which would mean he too is nauseated.

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 3 (Scarab Stalker)
Spoiler:
27/27 // F4/R2/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Acro: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38, folio reroll 1/1 | half-elf warpriest/3 | -8 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

Faeran pulls out an alchemist fire and waits til those in the swarm retreat so it can be thrown without harming his companions.

readied action to throw alchemist fire when clear:

rta to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
dmg if hits: 1d6 ⇒ 1 x1.5

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 4
Spoiler:
| AC 19, T 12, FF 17 |HP: 36*/23* | F +3, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/etc) | Init +2, Perc +8 |CMB +5 CMD 17 | Deadspeaker 1/1, Focus: 7 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 4 Guidingstar
GM Chyro wrote:


Edit: unless i'm mistaking, i rolled 2 too much on Nectanebo's fort roll. Which would mean he too is nauseated.

No, I'm fine in that regard. Kitoro, you'll recall, imbued me with heroism, hence the improved saving throws.

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/4 | HP: 31/31 | AC/FF/T: 18/1513 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F/R/W: +6/8/6 | Init: +7 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Perc +10 (8 w/o heightened awareness), Acro +9, Bluff +9, Diplo +4, DDev +10, Disg: +8, EscArt +7, HAnim +5, Intim +13, KnLoc +7 (5 wo HA), Perf Comedy +13, Perf. Oratory +11, Perf Acting +8, SMot +7, SofHand +10, Scraft +5, Stealth +9, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: None

Yea me! I mean, yea Nectabano!

Kits action will be to start a bardic performance giving the usual +1/+1 competence bonus. Note: She will cancel the performance to cast Saving Finale if someone misses a ST.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Steinfaust wastes no time to make a tactical retreat, but his acrobatic movement was not enough, and he is about to lose his footing.

Reflex to prevent falling: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Sadly, it didn't work, and Steinfaust falls onto the floor.

In the meantime, Faeran and Kitoro make preparations.

Petrok & Nectanebo
--------------------------
Swarm
--------------------------
Charna

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 4
Spoiler:
| AC 19, T 12, FF 17 |HP: 36*/23* | F +3, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/etc) | Init +2, Perc +8 |CMB +5 CMD 17 | Deadspeaker 1/1, Focus: 7 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 4 Guidingstar

Nectanebo again curses his inadequate preparedness; the best he can do is try to help the hapless Steinfaust before skedaddling...

Use Magic Device on wand: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
cure light wounds on Steinfaust: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

...while his servitor tries to get up.

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Is there some way my skeleton could try to help Steinfaust get up faster? If so, that's what it will do.

Also, I don't suppose inflict wounds would work on a swarm?

Dark Archive

male/Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+6(dmg2d4+3)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10)
skills:
Acro:+0,Clmb+3, Crft tattoo:+2,Dipl+2,Fly+4,Hdl Animl:+3, Intim+9,Knw Nat+4, knw Plns+5, Knw Relgon+4,Lingus+1,Ride+4,sense mot+5,Spelcrft+4, Survavl+7,Swm+1
Half-Orc (mystic): Int +2: Per: +5: AC:19Tch:12 FF:17| HP.29/29|Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
Battle spirit 5/day,Chanel smite(feat),Endurance(feat),Focused mind(trait +2 concentration),Share spells familiar,
Shaman 4 (Spirit warden) CM:5/CMD:17|
spells:
Guidance, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize:LV:1: Burning Hands, Clure lt ,Heighten aware , unbreak heart,Enlarge or Detct Undead: LV:2: Barksin, Cure mod, Falselife,Cmd Undead or Fog cloud

OK GM I assume Petrok observed the skeleton and possibly even Steinfaust slip on the floor where the skeleton is currently standing. If that is not correct I would have attempted to move in the room.( instead of 5ft back and drawing his potion)

Petrok observes that, the skeleton and Steinfaust are having trouble with the slick floor. Regretting that he must hurt his friends animal companion in order to help Steinfaust Petrok sighs and cast burning hands, never-the-less. Petrok cast burning hands from his position right behind Steinhast's animal companion in order to burn up the ants in the next room. The swarm, the animal companion, Steifaust(he gets a +4 to his reflex from the cover a hard corner gives) and skeleton can all make a DC:14 for 1/2 damage (but the swarm subtype takes 50% more dmg from the area affect spell it seems then gets to save to reduce the combined dmg.) After Petrok cast burning hands, he takes a 5ft step back and draws his potion of Bear's endurance. burning hands dmg.: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 2) = 6(so 9dmg if the Swarm doesn't save and 4 dmg if it does)

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 3 (Scarab Stalker)
Spoiler:
27/27 // F4/R2/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Refl: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Steinfaust just barly manages to move his head aside and lessen the brunt of the fire.
Refl Struggler: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Struggler comes out without damage.
Evasion


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

I don't see how a mindless minion knows the aid other.
Unless your ILW comes as a splash weapon, no sorry.

Nectanebo gets away from the swarm, after healing Steinfaust a bit.
Petrok conjures fire from his hands to burn burn burn.
Ref skeleton, cover bonus: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16
Ref swarm, cover bonus: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
The skeleton gets partially burned, as does the ant swarm.
-------------
Swarm (-6)
It swarms over the skeleton and Steinfaust.
Dmg: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) = 8
However, they are extra vicious against nauseated targets, dealing an extra 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) = 15 to Steinfaust.
Steinfaust faints from his injuries.
(-7), roll a con to stabilize.

The skeleton gets destroyed.
Can someone drag it off the map please.
------------
Charna

Dark Archive

female elf cleric of Pharasma 1 (ecclesitheurge) / occultist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 15, T 15, FF 10 | F +8, R +6, W +9 (immune to light blindness/dazzle) | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30' 60' | Perc +9 | Init +6

Charna is horrified when the swarm begins consuming Steinfaust. Not seeing anyway to kill the bugs without also finishing off her friend, she decides to risk going to his aid. She tugs on her vest, invoking its powers to speed through the greasy area and aid the poor fallen oread.

Using sudden speed as a swift action. My speed increases by 30' for one minute. That gives me enough to move through the swarm even at half speed if I can get through the grease.

acrobatics vs grease: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

When she gets behind him, she calls on Pharasma, imploring the goddess to help heal his wounds and to let the others finish off the swarm before they are both devoured.

spontaneous casting CLW using my Bless Water prepared slot.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Charna practically skates across the greasy floor, stopping south of Steinfaust to administer some healing.

Stable at -4.
Steinfaust, instead roll a fort roll vs nausea, in case someone heals you back to consciousness.

=================================

Ant swarm, round 2

Faeran & Petrok
Steinfaust (-4, stable), Kitoro
Nectanebo (can post ahead)
------------
Swarm (-6)
------------
Charna

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/4 | HP: 31/31 | AC/FF/T: 18/1513 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F/R/W: +6/8/6 | Init: +7 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Perc +10 (8 w/o heightened awareness), Acro +9, Bluff +9, Diplo +4, DDev +10, Disg: +8, EscArt +7, HAnim +5, Intim +13, KnLoc +7 (5 wo HA), Perf Comedy +13, Perf. Oratory +11, Perf Acting +8, SMot +7, SofHand +10, Scraft +5, Stealth +9, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: None

Kitoro continues the performance.

Not sure if Steiny's ST cam after or before Kit started her performance, but if the failed ST came afterwards the Saving Finale would have gone off and helped him and maybe he would not have fallen. The roll was made after the announcement, but the action that provoked the ST may have come before.

"Anyone got any acid or fire flasks? I have nothing that will help here."

If nobody hands her anything she will stand there helplessly, her finger puppets dancing frantically.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

With most of you in one block before the swarm, and him posting earlier, i had it resolve earlier.
Btw, the finger puppet thing is sweet.

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38, folio reroll 1/1 | half-elf warpriest/3 | -8 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

any possibility of hitting some part of the swarm and missing Steinfaust?


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Any tile of the swarm, excluding the one displayed on the water (but is not there in effect) would splash 1 on Steinfaust.

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/4 | HP: 31/31 | AC/FF/T: 18/1513 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F/R/W: +6/8/6 | Init: +7 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Perc +10 (8 w/o heightened awareness), Acro +9, Bluff +9, Diplo +4, DDev +10, Disg: +8, EscArt +7, HAnim +5, Intim +13, KnLoc +7 (5 wo HA), Perf Comedy +13, Perf. Oratory +11, Perf Acting +8, SMot +7, SofHand +10, Scraft +5, Stealth +9, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: None

Which would be totally worth it if it keeps the swarm from gobbling him up. Unless someone has an(other) area affect spell, it sounds like we had better start lobbing flasks. Otherwise we are looking at just outlasting it and drawing it off of poor Steiny.

Dark Archive

female elf cleric of Pharasma 1 (ecclesitheurge) / occultist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 15, T 15, FF 10 | F +8, R +6, W +9 (immune to light blindness/dazzle) | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30' 60' | Perc +9 | Init +6

Yeah that's why I came to heal him, so he would have more flexibility to take splash damage. 1 damage to him is better than letting it live long enough to hit him for 6d6 again.

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38, folio reroll 1/1 | half-elf warpriest/3 | -8 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

Faeran throws the alchemist fire at the swarm...hoping not to hit Steinfaust dead on by accident. As a move action, FAeran pulls out another alchemist fire.

rta to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
dmg if hits: 1d6 ⇒ 5 x 1.5 = 7 pts yes?


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Sadly not.

I'm guessing you're aiming for the far right corner, to avoid splashing the dino too.
Ends up in...: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Faeran's flask ends up hitting the wall, splashing the dino and Steinfaust for 1 dmg as well.
---------------------------
Ant swarm, round 2

Faeran tossed alchemist fire, but missed.
Kitoro keeps a verse of inspiring words about vermin extermination efforts.
Petrok & Steinfaust (-5, unstable)
Nectanebo
------------
Swarm (-7)
------------
Charna

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 4
Spoiler:
| AC 19, T 12, FF 17 |HP: 36*/23* | F +3, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/etc) | Init +2, Perc +8 |CMB +5 CMD 17 | Deadspeaker 1/1, Focus: 7 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 4 Guidingstar

Nectanebo is at a bit of a loss as to what to do, until he spots a human corpse floating in the pool at the center of the room. He bids it make its way to the surface and dance around a little bit in hopes of tempting the ants with an alternative (and less crunchy) target.

Spending 1 more Focus from the Gloaming Shroud to raise a Human Zombie Necromantic Servant. It has 9 - or since it has Toughness, arguably 12, you make the call - hit points.

Dark Archive

male/Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+6(dmg2d4+3)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10)
skills:
Acro:+0,Clmb+3, Crft tattoo:+2,Dipl+2,Fly+4,Hdl Animl:+3, Intim+9,Knw Nat+4, knw Plns+5, Knw Relgon+4,Lingus+1,Ride+4,sense mot+5,Spelcrft+4, Survavl+7,Swm+1
Half-Orc (mystic): Int +2: Per: +5: AC:19Tch:12 FF:17| HP.29/29|Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
Battle spirit 5/day,Chanel smite(feat),Endurance(feat),Focused mind(trait +2 concentration),Share spells familiar,
Shaman 4 (Spirit warden) CM:5/CMD:17|
spells:
Guidance, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize:LV:1: Burning Hands, Clure lt ,Heighten aware , unbreak heart,Enlarge or Detct Undead: LV:2: Barksin, Cure mod, Falselife,Cmd Undead or Fog cloud

Petrok downs the potion of Bear's endurance and pushes his way through his companions and the swarm ;accrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 10, in an effort to draw it away from Steinfaust. Come on bugs...fresh meat over here!Petroks HP 37 now and fort save +6

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 3 (Scarab Stalker)
Spoiler:
27/27 // F4/R2/W4 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

This is partial guesswork, so correct me where i am wrong in the assumption.

Petrok moves, at 1/2 speed on the grease, to the top right square of the swarm, being strengthened by the potion.

Acro Nectanebo to move south: 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 3 = 13
He moves south, and does [insert your action]
Steinfaust doesn't pass the con roll, and starts bleeding again.
-------------------
The swarm (-7) now shares squares with both Steinfaust and Petrok.
Swarming: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 1) = 8
Steinfaust being helpless, they deal an additional 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5, as they eat away at him.

That damage is too much for him, and the ants bite him from his last bit of life.
Sorry. :(

Fort Petrok vs distraction, bear endurance, heroism: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 21
He remains unaffected and unimpressed by the many ants biting him.
-----------------------
Charna

I've noticed nobody rolled the Kn. Nature spoiler earlier, so i hadn't made a spoiler for any +5.

Kn. Nature 19, more info:

Army ants will eat their victims to death, their bites much more ferocious against weakened or helpless targets.

It has been documented that, when a person leaves the swarm, part of the swarm sticks to that person, continuing to damage them, unless they spend time shaking them off.

Requiring a full round reflex save DC 17.

Strong wind or damage from an area effect can remove clinging ants from the target.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 4
Spoiler:
| AC 19, T 12, FF 17 |HP: 36*/23* | F +3, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/etc) | Init +2, Perc +8 |CMB +5 CMD 17 | Deadspeaker 1/1, Focus: 7 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 4 Guidingstar
GM Chyro wrote:


[Acro Nectanebo to move south]
He moves south, and does [insert your action]

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

You keep forgetting the heroism I received, so it would have been +2 more. As for my action...

Nectanebo stares at the sad scene in horror and frustration. There's nothing he can do. Unless....

Could I reanimate Steinfaust's corpse to lure the ants away from everyone else? And what would happen if the ants killed it again?


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

You devious p~~erson, lol.
You'd need his consent for that.
--------------------
Keep in mind, if you animate him as a zombie, it prevents casting Raise Dead on him.
Resurrection still works, but that is twice as expensive.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 4
Spoiler:
| AC 19, T 12, FF 17 |HP: 36*/23* | F +3, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/etc) | Init +2, Perc +8 |CMB +5 CMD 17 | Deadspeaker 1/1, Focus: 7 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 4 Guidingstar

*sigh* Nevermind, then. Not worth it by a long shot.

Dark Archive

female elf cleric of Pharasma 1 (ecclesitheurge) / occultist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 15, T 15, FF 10 | F +8, R +6, W +9 (immune to light blindness/dazzle) | CMB +0, CMD 14 | Spd 30' 60' | Perc +9 | Init +6

Charna watches in disappointed horror as Steinfaust is consumed by the ants right in front of her. "It seems Pharasma has made her choice."

She backs up away from the swarm and blasts it with fire emanating from her special gloves.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

burning hands+intense focus: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 = 5

DC 15 Reflex save. I believe where I'm standing allows me to hit the nearer side of the swarm while missing Petrok. Hopefully barbecuing Steinfaust further won't matter at this point.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

That doesn't matter at this point, no.

Ref swarm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
The swarm takes 3 dmg from Charna's burning hands.

Since 150% x 1/2.
=============================

Ant swarm, round 2

Faeran & Petrok
Kitoro
Nectanebo (can post ahead)
------------
Swarm (-10)
------------
Charna

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38, folio reroll 1/1 | half-elf warpriest/3 | -8 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

Faeran backs up and pulls out another alchemist fire... ready to throw next round.

Dark Archive

male/Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+6(dmg2d4+3)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10)
skills:
Acro:+0,Clmb+3, Crft tattoo:+2,Dipl+2,Fly+4,Hdl Animl:+3, Intim+9,Knw Nat+4, knw Plns+5, Knw Relgon+4,Lingus+1,Ride+4,sense mot+5,Spelcrft+4, Survavl+7,Swm+1
Half-Orc (mystic): Int +2: Per: +5: AC:19Tch:12 FF:17| HP.29/29|Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
Battle spirit 5/day,Chanel smite(feat),Endurance(feat),Focused mind(trait +2 concentration),Share spells familiar,
Shaman 4 (Spirit warden) CM:5/CMD:17|
spells:
Guidance, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize:LV:1: Burning Hands, Clure lt ,Heighten aware , unbreak heart,Enlarge or Detct Undead: LV:2: Barksin, Cure mod, Falselife,Cmd Undead or Fog cloud

OK GM it looks like Pathfinder changed the rules on use of flaming weapons ( they took out language of 3.5 explicitly stating flaming weapons did energy damage and torches did 1d3dmg) against swarms making them more brutal than they already were. I really have no option now with dealing damage to this swarm..In which case I would never have run in to the room. But , no worries I'm not going to cry over that, My question and hope is that since this is an ant swarm and specifically does not fly...that using a levitate potion will get me out of the swarm off of the floor and their reach. Please let me know this before I waste the resource..GM I'll play off that I went in to the room to Save Steinfaust and drag him out (partially true I wanted to kill the swarm to save him) If you rule that levitate takes me outside the area of damage of the swarm you can read the first spoiler. The second spoiler is if I have no options other than run away.

Petrok Is horrified and amazed by the mass of swarming ants. He watches in awe as they begin to consume the remains of Steinfaust remarkably quickly knowledge nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8. Petrok realize he is also in dire peril and must get out of danger quickly.

Petrok levitates:
Petrok takes a potion of levitate out of his pouch and consumes it. His feet rise off the ground and he stops levitating just short of the ceiling. He dust off the final few biting stinging ants and breathes a sigh of relief.

Petrok retreats:
Petrok knowing he must move from the room quickly carefully steps through the writhing mass of his ants back to the room his friends are acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 6however he slips and falls almost immediately. He puts his hands beneath himself now covered in ants and rises to his feet once again.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

Petrok, that's a good solution. You're 1 move action short though, from the safe zone.
Retrieve
Consume
Directing yourself.

Levitate wrote:
You can mentally direct the recipient to move up or down as much as 20 feet each round; doing so is a move action.

If you wish to retreat instead, you just need a DC 11 reflex save to remain standing, since you missed the acro by 4 only.
Take your pick, though either would get the swarm to still attack.

Kitoro
-------------
Swarm (-10)
-------------
Charna

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/4 | HP: 31/31 | AC/FF/T: 18/1513 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F/R/W: +6/8/6 | Init: +7 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Perc +10 (8 w/o heightened awareness), Acro +9, Bluff +9, Diplo +4, DDev +10, Disg: +8, EscArt +7, HAnim +5, Intim +13, KnLoc +7 (5 wo HA), Perf Comedy +13, Perf. Oratory +11, Perf Acting +8, SMot +7, SofHand +10, Scraft +5, Stealth +9, UMD +8 | Active Conditions: None

Kit keeps up the act, swapping in some multi-legged finger puppets and smashing them.

Though it probably will not help, she tries an ear-piercing scream on them (unless she know that will not help, in which case she continues her frantic puppeteering).

2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 sonic damage, Fort ST or be dazed.

Some swarms are vulnerable to attacks like this and some are not. I think it has to do with size and I think the ants are invulnerable. If they are forget the spell.


Season 1 Tome Eons Ongoing

^
This. Swarms of tiny creatures can still be harmed by weapons.
Swarms are though immune to spells that target a set # of targets, like ear piercing scream does.

I'd reckon you'd know of swarm traits by now, so no need to waste the spell.

Kitoro continues her finger puppet show, which, despite the situation, gives some comic relief to her team mates.
-------------
Swarm (-10) continues biting at Petrok.
Swarming: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 4) = 13
Fort Petrok vs distraction, BE, heroism: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 23
Their biting is more intense than last time, but still he is stoic as a rock.
-------------
Charna

151 to 200 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chyro [Gameday 6: Tome of Righteous Repose, Tier 3-4] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.