Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Chadius's Gameday VI: 8-02 Ward Asunder

Game Master chadius


151 to 193 of 193 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

The Red robed man realizes there is nowhere to run or hide, so he chooses to go down fighting. His fists burst into flame as he flails at his combatants before taking a step near the stairs.

Target (even is Artotia): 3d2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) = 4
Flaming Fist Flurry! on Hagrym: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
If that hit, make a Fort Save DC 15 to avoid getting stunned for 1 round.

Flaming Fist Flurry 2 on Hagrym: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Flaming Fist Flurry 3 on Artoria: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Blue archer hisses as Elise burns her, so she runs into range and flurries between Narvik and Elise.

Target (even is Narvik): 3d2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) = 4
Blue Flurry! on Elise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
If that hit, make a Fort Save DC 15 to avoid getting stunned for 1 round.

Blue Flurry 2 on Elise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Blue Flurry 3 on Narvik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Black vs Hold Person: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 31
Black vs Glitterdust: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Black finally beaks free from Elise's hold. Too bad he's still blind.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Round 4 - Haste, Bless
Red (2 Ki, Stunning Fist 1, 39 Damage)
Black (1 Ki Stunning Fist 1, Blind 2 rounds, 10 Damage)
Blue (2 Ki Stunning Fist 1, 6 Damage)
Artoria (20 damage, AoO vs Red)
Hagrym (Divine Favor, AoO vs Red)
Elise (37 damage, Needs a Fort Save DC 15 to avoid getting stunned)
Narvik

Round 5 - Haste
Taika

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

I',m sorta here now, sorry for the long absence. We'll just keep doing what we're doing!

Narvik continues to press the assault!

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 21 for Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

The stunning fist missed Gm, 2nd attack hits though..

Elise takes a hit, grunting along the way.. She takes a 5' step back and hurls another ball of flame at blue.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 17
Dam: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Elise singes the Blue warrior again as she retreats.
Narvik hits the black-robed warrior You have a hasted attack, Narvik. I'll focus on black again if you don't.

Round 4 - Haste, Bless
Red (2 Ki, Stunning Fist 2, 39 Damage)
Black (1 Ki Stunning Fist 1, Blind 2 rounds, 21 Damage)
Blue (2 Ki Stunning Fist 2, 12 Damage)
Artoria (20 damage, AoO vs Red)
Hagrym (Divine Favor, AoO vs Red)
Elise (25 damage)
Narvik

Round 5 - Haste
Taika

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Fort save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 +5 against SLAs

Hagrym takes the AoO against the red opponent.

Haste, Divine Favor, Flank Attack 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 22
Damage 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 + 2 = 15

-----------

The dwarf took another swing.

Haste, Divine Favor, Flank Attack 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 27
Damage 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 + 2 = 16

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

Seeing that Artoria and Hagrym seem to have the red-clad warrior in hand, Taika circles back into the other room.

Gazing at the blue-clad nagaji, Taika sighs. "This is a pointless waste of lives. Violence for no reason. Do you speak the common tongue?"

She repeats her words in Tien, and makes a mental note to study the nagaji tongue later. But for now, she also .... spits... some sticky ice? Or something. Frost exhales from her mouth towards the blue-robed enemy, tendrils locking around the nagaji's form.

Discharging adhesive spittle at blue. I don't need to make an attack roll to hit; blue is now entangled (-2 to attack, -4 to dex) and must make a DC 19 Reflex save or be stuck to the floor as well, unable to move (save means she can move at half speed). Duration 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 rounds. The spittle can be destroyed by dealing 15 points damage with a slashing weapon to it, no attack roll needed

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

Ah, right! Haste it is!

Narvik, not accustomed to moving so quickly, surprises himself when he is able to find another opportunity!

Haste: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 27 for Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

With a single swing, Hagrym defeats the red robed man.

Taika spits a sticky substance from her mouth, catching the Nagaji with the Blue sash by surprise.
Blue's Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
She moves her feet before they stick to the floor though. In Tien, she laughs and hisses, "All who intrude Hsamira's temple will pay the price!"

Round 4 - Haste, Bless
Black (1 Ki Stunning Fist 1, Blind 2 rounds, 28 Damage)
Blue (2 Ki Stunning Fist 2, 12 Damage, Entangled 5 rounds)
Artoria (20 damage)
Hagrym (5 damage, Move Action Only)
Elise (25 damage)
Narvik

Round 5 - Haste
Taika

Artoria is up. Hagrym, your first attack KOed Red so you can take a move action.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Artoria nods to Hagrym in approval before turning to return to the battle.

Double move


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

I don't think Hagrym can affect the battle from there, so I'll let him take an extra move action next turn.

The Woman with the Blue sash can barely move. She can't decide whether she wants to hit the woman who has been burning her, or the woman who covered her.

Even is Elise: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Blue vs Narvik: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
If that hit, Fort Save DC 15 to avoid being stunned for 1 round.
Elise's armor saves her from a solid blow.

The Black-robed foe can't see, but he knows Narvik has been hitting him.
Black vs Narvik: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Blind, Over 50 means it missed: 1d100 ⇒ 79
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Black vs Narvik: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Blind, Over 50 means it missed: 1d100 ⇒ 35
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Black vs Narvik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Blind, Over 50 means it missed: 1d100 ⇒ 77
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Black vs Glitterdust, DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Then again, he probably wouldn't have done much even if he could see.

Round 5 - Haste, Bless
Black (1 Ki Stunning Fist 1, Blind 3/7 rounds, 28 Damage)
Blue (2 Ki Stunning Fist 3, Entangled 1/5 rounds, 12 Damage)
Artoria (20 damage)
Hagrym (5 damage, Extra Move Action)
Elise (25 damage)
Narvik

Round 6 - Haste
Taika

Party is up. Hagrym, you can take an extra move action.
"Master, I have never heard of this Hsamira before." Tanbaru turns to Taika. "How can this be her temple?"

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Hagrym takes a double move, using his Haste to move as close as possible to the closest enemy.

If someone would be kind enough to move me on the map, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

Elise continues her fiery assault on blue..

RTA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Dam: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Hagrym curses his dwarven legs as he hustles up the stairs and into the brink again. As he arrives he sees Elise burn the woman in the blue sash.

I assume Elise is moving back a bit so she doesn't provoke for shooting in melee.

Round 5 - Haste, Bless
Black (1 Ki Stunning Fist 1, Blind 3/7 rounds, 28 Damage)
Blue (2 Ki Stunning Fist 3, Entangled 1/5 rounds, 17 Damage)
Artoria (20 damage)
Hagrym (5 damage)
Elise (25 damage)
Narvik

Round 6 - Haste
Taika

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Artoria gives thanks that for once in this battle she has the opportunity to go focus fully on attacking rather than chasing after cravens.

"If they ask for quarter in good faith, friend Taika, it shall be gladly given. Until such a time, I cannot allow myself to relent when my comrades are under assault."

Attack with Mwk Cold Iron Longsword (power attack+furious focus, haste, guidance): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 19
Damage (2h pa): 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 6 = 15

Hasted Attack with Mwk Cold Iron Longsword (power attack+furious focus, haste): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30
Hasted Attack Damage (2h pa): 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 6 = 16

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 18
Extra Crit Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 6 = 16


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Artoria cuts down the black robed man as he stumbles blindly.
He went down with your first hit, Artoria. You can have a move action back.

The woman with the Blue sash sees her comrades defeated. You can see her checking her exit options as she plans to flee.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Round 5 - Haste, Bless
Blue (2 Ki Stunning Fist 3, Entangled 1/5 rounds, 17 Damage)
Artoria (20 damage)
Hagrym (5 damage)
Elise (25 damage)
Narvik

Round 6 - Haste
Taika

Narvik and Taika are next.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
Artoria wrote:
Artoria gives thanks that for once in this battle she has the opportunity to go focus fully on attacking rather than chasing after cravens.

...only to have her foe go down after her first strike anyways. She sighs and moves to surround the remaning foe, hoping that preventing her escape might encourage her to surrender.

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

With the aid of Haste, Narvik is able to circle around and close in the last enemy!

Attack, now with flanking!: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18 for Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

"Hsamira? It is a mystery, is it not, Tanbaru?"

Does Taika know who Hsamira is?

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 13 Religion would be a +13, others as applicable

Taika realizes the trapped monk may lash out at her. She holds her ground, but draws a quarterstaff and casts a spell on herself to present the illusion she has fled.

Defensive casting vanish, cannot fail the concentration check


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Taika has never heard of this Hsamira person, so she tries to disappear to box the woman in.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

She knows Taika's presence is still there and she ducks under Narvik's blow. She decides to take her chances and cartwheel towards the stairs.

I think her path is blocked, so she needs to make an Acrobatics check to move through Taika's square. 3 other people surround her so the difficulty increases by 6.
Spending 1 point of ki for an extra 20 feet of movement.

Acrobatics vs Taika's CMD+6: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

If she manages to survive, she tries again.
Acrobatics vs Taika's CMD+6: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Well, this doesn't look good for her.

Blue provokes 2 AoOs from you AND you have your full attacks. What do you want to do here? She isn't going to surrender. Kill her? KO her? Let her escape?


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Round 5 - Haste, Bless
Blue (2 Ki Stunning Fist 3, Entangled 2/5 rounds, 17 Damage)
Artoria (20 damage)
Hagrym (5 damage)
Elise (25 damage)
Narvik

Round 6 - Haste
Taika

Everyone is up, Blue provoked 2 AoOs.

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

If someone wants to simply subdue then I'll wait as I really do not have any effective way of doing so.

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

”Stop running! There’s no glory in battle with someone who is already defeated! Gorum would frown about that! We need to question you and perhaps we could release you after that,” the dwarf calls out, trying to stop the battle.

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

Elise flings another glob of fire at her.

RTA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Dam: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Crit Dam: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

You can save the firebolt, Elise.

Realizing she is outmatched and surrounded, the woman with the Blue Sash drops her longbow and surrenders.

Combat Over

Interrogating her, you find her name is Muita, along with her allies Xuyan and Ngon Le. These are the names you read in the guestbook who arrived 3 months ago. They are agents of Hsamira, a "great and mighty" naga who dispatched them and the snakes on a sacred mission to locate strategic strongholds. "It is foolish to anger the mistress!" She hisses.

Loot from the Nagaji:

+1 Composite Longbow
+1 Spear
Flaming Amulet of Mighty Fists

After dealing with her, you move on to explore the Storage Rooms.

Old clothes, barrels, large sacks, rusted pickaxes, and other miscellaneous junk lies in piles in this room.

If you look through the junk, you find some dried rabbit meat.

Perception DC 19:
You also notice five eggs.

If you made the above check (or someone tells the party), you can try one Knowledge(Nature) check.

12 or higher:
These eggs are for a species of a fairly large snake.

17 or higher:
These eggs are for a strong species of serpent. You could potentially raise these as animal companions if you treat them right.

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

The dwarf is intrigued by the rabbit meat. ”Looks delicious!”

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

Perc: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Elise will heal herself with of the cure serious scrolls found. She uses the other on Artoria.

Elise: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 5 = 11

Art: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 5, 4) + 5 = 21

She finishes topping herself off with a wand.

Heals: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 5) + 2 = 15

"Anyone else need heals? Also, we got some eggs over here."

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

Taika tries to take it on herself to try and talk to the nagaji, but the woman's zealotry may make this difficult to get anything more from her beyond the things brought up. "We didn't intend to intrude, but others held this mountain and worshipped here before you; your right of possession is subject to overthrow by violence if you will enforce it by violence... A peaceful openness to the presence of others would have meant no need for violence between any of us; your colleagues would still be alive..."

Potential diplomacy?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

(Taika suffers from a certain optimism regarding the basic reasonableness of most living creatures.)

When the eggs are pointed out, she is a little glad for the respite from trying to speak with the nagaji. Take 10 on the knowledge for 23

"Interesting! The eggs of a large serpent. If raised from hatching, they could become a faithful companion for someone interested in such a thing. We should take them back with us. Tanbaru, how are you holding up? We are nearly finished exploring, I think."

Not sure what rooms we still need to check out now, but ready when everyone else is, no HP damage here


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

The only remaining room is the Altar Room. It sounds like you will take the eggs with you. Please speak up if you are going to destroy or abandon them instead.

The nagaji remains stubborn, warning Taika that her actions have interrupted the Mistress's plans and she will pay dearly for this. Taika can't wait to analyze and take the eggs. With their investigation complete, the party heads towards the altar room.

A polished, fifteen-foot-tall stone statue of a coiled snake sits at the center of this room.

DC 16 Craft (sculpture or stonemasonry) or Knowledge (engineering):
You notice that the statue is not part of the original construction, though the building material is the same.

DC 18 Knowledge (dungeoneering):
You notice that the creature depicted is a particularly large or wildly exaggerated dark naga.

DC 18 Knowledge (history or religion):
You know the statue does not depict any well-known historical or religious figure.

Tanbaru looks at the statue, confused. ”I don’t remember this statue at all. It is strange, Master. This feels so familiar and yet, so foreign- wait, do you feel-”

Surrounded by fierce whirling winds, an athletic woman of living stone appears atop the head of the massive serpentine statue. In a booming telepathic voice, she declares, “For over a thousand years I’ve stood vigil over the procession that leads up to this temple. I was watching you while you walked the Pilgrim’s Path. Everything you faced along the way was a test of your abilities and your character. But the test is not over— answer my questions and face my judgment!”

Tanbaru trembles, to scared to act in her presence.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Once you have chosen your answer, you need to make a skill check associated with the answer.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Not all actions are equal- even if you make the skill check, you may still lose respect.

Jinkaru’s first question: “Who are you and why are you here?”

First Question responses:

Bluff : Lie about the Pathfinder Society’s goals to make them seem more honorable.
Diplomacy: Tell about the Pathfinder Society in an honest but positive tone.
Knowledge (geography or local): Tell about the people and traditions of the Inner Sea region.
Perform (oratory): Describe Pathfinders and their past successes in a dynamic manner.

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

Know Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

SM: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

"We are representatives of the Pathfinder Society and we are here to document and collect important materials of the past. We have shown our due respect to this temple by not disgracing any it's buildings and only defended ourselves when we had to. Will you help us obatain the knowledge we come seeking?"

Dip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

"I see. I require more information before I know I can help you."

She points at Tanbaru. “This is no place for an oni! What were you thinking when you brought that creature here?” Tanbaru continues to tremble, unable to speak.

If you have the Tanbaru’s Respect boon, you gain a +2 bonus your check and may attempt the Knowledge checks untrained. Taika gets an additional +2 bonus because of her bond. These bonuses stack. However, neither bonus applies if you try to Bluff.

Question 2 answers:

Bluff : Claim that Tanbaru never revealed that he was an oni.
Diplomacy: Explain that what happened to Tanbaru was beyond his control.
Knowledge (planes): Point out that a spirit oni is not as evil or corrupt as other types of oni.
Knowledge (religion): Point out that as a neutral deity, Yamatsumi has no particular bias against oni.

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

Keeping the eggs, here

Taika stares wide-eyed when the statue suddenly speaks, any comforting words she had for Tanbaru stricken from her by the sudden events. She nods gratefully to Elise at the other woman's graceful words, and holds up a hand to indicate that she would like to answer the question about Tanbaru, her familiar.

Though Taika is a scholar more than a silver tongue, she is too personally invested in Tanbaru's story to argue philosophy-- instead she tells the truth, plainly and earnestly.

"Guardian, this oni that you was once also a guardian-- a kami of the path that led to this very temple. He was taken away by a force beyond his control-- taken to another plane entirely, where centuries without his sacred charge drew him and in the presence of wicked creatures drew him towards evil. But he is redeeming himself even now: he has sworn himself to my service, and we came to this temple to see if we might help him remind him of himself... as well as to learn, as my companion said.

"If you can detect the presence of evil, guardian, you will see that already Tanbaru's spirit has made strides away from the darkness."

(Per the terms of acquiring Tanbaru, if a lawful good caster such as Taika takes him as a familiar, his own alignment actually shifts to LN, I don't know if that has any benefits here. :) )

Diplomacy, Tanbaru's respect: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17 Boo, gonna use my reroll and stars
GM stars reroll: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 20 Woof.

Taika tries to soothe Tanbaru with a little pat to the mask.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Artoria steps forward and bows formally.

"As a paladin and knight who has been traveling with these two, I can assure you with certainty that Tanbaru has treated with us honorably and without malice. His new master has been a good influence on him."

Diplomacy Assist (guidance): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 1 = 21


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Jikaru frowns at Taika when she frowns, only to hear Artoria's words. "I see. One more test of your goodwill."

“I have failed my ward. Look at the desecrated altar! Tell me why I shouldn’t just let the re and ash of Yamatsumi cleanse this place?”

As she speaks, the earth trembles, and fiery ashes are visible at the summit of the mountain looming over the temple. Droplets of lava begin to seep and bead at the seams between the temple’s stone blocks.

Answers for quesiton 3:

Craft (sculpture or stonemasonry) or Knowledge (engineering): Give a realistic estimate on how easily the temple can be restored.
Diplomacy: Promise to find people who can repair the temple.
Intimidate or Knowledge (planes): Warn Jiraku about turning into an oni.
Knowledge (religion): Talk about rituals that restore the altar’s connection to Yamatsumi.

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

"Noble Jikaru, you are in danger of becoming the very thing you spoke of with Tanbaru: a corruption of your role as a guardian," Taika calls even though the earth trembles and lava appears between the rocks. "Tanbaru seeks redemption, but if you give in to despair and forsake your duties, then you too will become twisted into an oni!"

Kn Planes: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 ...... really, dice? Welp. Already used my re-roll. :-\.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Diplomacy (guidance): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 = 31

Artoria folds her arms and nods solemnly.

"Do not despair. Our benefactors have the resources and contacts to repair this temple with the care and skill it demands. Your patience and faith in your duty shall not go unrewarded."

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

"Listen to my companions words Guardian! It's not to late to mend what has been broken!"

Aid Dip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

The good news, Taika, is that K Planes isn't really applicable here. I'll take Astoria's roll.

Jiraku listens to Astoria's words, carefully. The winds and earth calm down as she descends and walks towards you. “So few visitors have come and shown such respect for local traditions. I had forsaken my love and duty for this place, but perhaps there is hope for me yet.” She maintains her kami form, dismisses the winds and climbs down the statue.

”Tanbaru? What did happen to you?” She looks closer at the trembling oni mask.

”As my master said, I… I too grew bitter, Jikaru. It is good to see you again.” He turns to the party. "Master, I remember much more now. Jikaru and I used to guard this temple together."

Tanbaru bids Jiraku farewell, ”It was good to meet you again, but I am bound to my new master. Duty must separate us again.”

Jikaru waits for you outside the temple to finish your investigation. ”Thank you for giving me the chance to say goodbye to my mate again. I will cherish it…”

Old Pak thinks and jumps up, full of energy. ”The site may attract Yamatsumi’s faithful again. With the information you recorded, they will be able to repair the trail and temple. The Society will earn goodwill throughout the region. Good job, everyone.”

Woohoo! Thanks for playing this, everyone.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder |8-05 Ungrounded But Unbroken | (Table 1)| (Table 2) | Sign Up Sheet|

Stealing this from another GM. The scenario is now over. While I prepare the chronicles, tell me what your character is doing, now that you’ve scoped the temple and endured Jikaru’s test?

  • Talk to Tanbaru some more?
  • Find out what happened to Jikaru?
  • Hang out with Old Pak and drink more tea?
  • Find out what’s with those snakemen?
  • Something else the GM hasn’t thought of yet?

  • Scarab Sages

    LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

    Taika is relieved at the words of her colleagues that save the day.

    "Thank you for your words, Artoria... and Elise as well. My own notions were misguided, but you carried the day.

    "Tanbaru, how are you feeling now? Do you still wish to travel with me, or resume your duties at the temple? You know that my commitment to you is to help you restore your noble nature?"

    Taika's priority is the spiritual welfare of her scary disembodied mask friend.

    Silver Crusade

    AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
    Spells Per Day Remaining:
    Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
    Spells Active:
    Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

    Artoria sheathes her sword.

    "Duty and faith shall always be rewarded as long as I have a say in the matter."

    She taps a knuckle against her chin as she thinks.

    "Will there be more snakemen? Do we need to take further steps to fortify this place against them?"

    151 to 193 of 193 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius's Gameday VI: 8-02 Ward Asunder All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.