Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Chadius's Gameday VI: 8-02 Ward Asunder (Inactive)

Game Master chadius


51 to 100 of 196 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

"I don't remember reading anything about defending oneself being bad.. Tanbaru, is it bad if we kill the snakes in defense?"


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

"Self defense is of course acceptable!" You hear a faint chuckle from the mask. "But you should avoid damaging the temple grounds. A scorch mark from intense heat may be a sign of disrespect."

Tanbaru flies toward Hagrym. "You should be able to bring two people with you up the cliff once the master enlarges you. It sounds like you want to bring Elise and someone else?"

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' (Need to level up) Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

"With respect to her, if she can't use her fire magic, it might be better to bring someone else. So who wants to go with me? I'll drop you two off, take out my sword and defend myself if the serpents attack."

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

I will do my best to defend the area while you escort the others. Drop me off first.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

"I will take up this charge and accompany you, Hagrym, if you so wish."


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Narvik and Artoria climb on Mega Hagrym's back as he climbs up the 40 foot cliff. Just as he climbs up and they hop off, four cobras hiss and bare their fangs, ready to strike.

Initiative:

Hagrym: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Taika: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Elise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Artoria: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Narvik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Cobras: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

The vipers quickly close in and start biting!

Black vs Narvik: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Red vs Artoria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Blue's target: Even is Artoria, Odd is Hagrym: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Blue vs Hagrym: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Black's target: 1 is Artoria, 2 is Hagrym, 3 is Narvik: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Blue vs Artoria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Artoria and Hagrym feel the viper's fangs sink into their flesh. They know poison is imminent. I'll need a DC 15 Fort Save to avoid 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Round 1
Vipers
Taika
Narvik
Artoria (14 damage, Fort Save DC 15 vs poison or 1 Con damage)
Hagrym (8 damage, Fort Save DC 15 vs poison or 1 Con damage)
Elise

Tanbaru flies down to Taika. "Master, the vipers have advanced already."

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' (Need to level up) Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Fort v poison 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 3 = 14

Ill use my folio reroll here. I hate keeping track of poison.

Fort v poison 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 3 = 20

Hargrym swings his greatsowrd at the serpent attacking him.

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 + 1 = 17

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

Narvik will take a 5' step and flank the black viper!

+1 Morningstar: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25 for Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

"So it would seem, Tanbaru," Taika says seriously. She takes a few steps, trying to see up the cliff.

If I can possibly get line of sight to yellow, I'll magic missile it. If so: MM: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2) + 4 = 14 If not, she'll delay.

"Tanbaru, can you cause the snakes to sleep? Please try, but don't let the snakes bites you-- stay out of their range."

Tanbaru will double move to fly back up the fight's level, but 5 feet out from the cliff, so that next turn he can try to cast sleep on the snakes.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Round 1
Vipers (Yellow 14)
Taika
Tanbaru
Narvik
Artoria (14 damage, Fort Save DC 15 vs poison or 1 Con damage)
Hagrym (8 damage)
Elise

The party gets a good look at the yellow-tinted snake, and may be able to identify some features about them. Taika however is interested in hitting them with missiles.

Spell Resistance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

She detects some magical resistance, but overcomes it easily.

Knowledge(Nature) DC 20:
These young Emperor cobras are skilled climbers, and carry potent venom in their fangs. These particular cobras can resist weapons that aren't good aligned.

Hagrym resists the poison but he's unable to penetrate the thick scales. Narvik has better luck hitting, but he's unable to leave a lasting mark- he has to hit harder, or bypass its protections somehow.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Fort Save (vs poison): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 = 21

Artoria shrugs off the poison, her recent travels in Varisia having helped to train her body against it.

Archimedes rests on her shoulders and passes along a touch of magical insight. (Archimedes casts and refreshes guidance on Artoria whenever it isn't up, as long as it is not dangerous to do so)

Artoria takes her longsword in both hands and brings it down upon the viper directly north of her (blue).

Attack with Mwk Cold Iron Longsword (power attack+furious focus, guidance): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20
Damage (2h power attack): 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 6 = 14

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

If Elise can get LoS on the snakes she will attack.

With a firebolt on yellow..

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Fire Dam: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

SR: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Artoria fights off the poison and slashes into the blue tinted cobra. She finds it resists some of the slash.

Elise calls upon her lord and channels his power to burn the yellow snake.

Vipers (Blue 9, Yellow 20)

The vipers continue to bite.

Red vs Artoria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Just Artoria's luck: the viper bites her again!

Blue's target: 1 is Artoria, 2 is Hagrym, 3 is Narvik: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Blue vs Artoria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
And now another viper sank its fangs into her.

Black's target: 1 is Artoria, 2 is Hagrym, 3 is Narvik: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Black vs Hagrym: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Hagrym gets another bite for his trouble.

Yellow vs Narvik: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
The viper bites Narvik, and he venom coarse through him. I'm gonna need a Fort Save against Poison, DC 15 to avoid 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage.

Artoria took 24 more damage, now at 38 total. Hagrym took 9 more damage, 17 total. Narvik took 8 damage and needs a Fort Save.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Round 2
Vipers (Yellow dotted 20, Blue dotted 9)
Taika
Tanbaru
Narvik (8 damage, Fort Save DC 15 vs poison or 1 Con damage)
Artoria (38 damage)
Hagrym (17 damage)
Elise

Party is up.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Artoria pats herself with a hand, mending some of her wounds.

Lay on Hands: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

She then strikes again, but the pain of the two previous strikes hits her at a poor moment, and she misses.

Attack with Mwk Cold Iron Longsword (power attack+furious focus, guidance): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11
Damage (2hpa): 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 = 12

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' (Need to level up) Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Fort v poison 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 3 = 18

Enlarged Hagrym again swings his greatsowrd at the serpent attacking him, after activating his destruction judgment.

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage 2d8 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 16

Possible Crit Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage 2d8 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 7) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 18

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

This battle placement is killing my spells..

Trying to take a couple snakes out of combat for a round Elise targets red and blue with a Sound Burst, DC 21 fort for no stun.

SR: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Dam: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Narvik is unable to fight off the effects of the poison. He then decides to try a different type of attack.

Death's Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 for Negative Energy: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 plus 2 HP/round of bleed.

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

Grah, deleted my own post on accident. Retyping...

Kn Nature: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

"...a species with deadly venom," Taika says with a frown, staring upwards. "--and these in particular are tainted with some sort of evil! They need blessed steel to truly hit. This is more serious than mere snakes. Elise, take my hand, I will bring us to our comrades. Tanbaru, is there a safe space to bring us in?"

The oni, flying at the level of the battle, reports that the west is clear of snakes. Taika reaches out to Elise and closes the distance in seconds.

....cuz I totally didn't forget I had d-door prepped or anything. >___> Really. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to get us all anyway, so perhaps it's just as well. Assuming Elise is willing, we're now at the new position on the map.

Tanbaru then tries to lull the beast with a cursed rest, his eyes crackling with energy. "Leave my sacred mountain..."

Tanbaru will cast sleep; if the snakes have more than 4HD they won't be affected anyway. He'll target it so it just hits red and blue.
SR check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 ...moot point


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

+8 Initiative on these cobras, plus my good rolling means they're going to crowd whomever comes first.

Tanbaru's magic fades harmlessly off of the snakes. Elise releases another bolt, this time of pure sound.

Red's Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Blue's Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Jeez, I wish my PCs rolled this well.
The snakes reels back but regain composure.

Realizing the danger the team is in, Taika quickly teleports herself and Elise on the mountain cliff. Good timing, as Artoria and Narvik almost stumble trying to hit the snakes.

Hagrym is quite annoyed by all of this and quickly sinks his blade into a snake. While it missed vital organs, he is easily able to penetrate it.

Red vs Artoria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Blue's target: 1 is Artoria, 2 is Hagrym, 3 is Narvik: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Blue vs Artoria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Black's target: 1 is Artoria, 2 is Hagrym, 3 is Narvik: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Black vs Hagrym: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Yellow vs Narvik: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Artoria and Hagrym feel another viper bite.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Round 2
Vipers (Red solid 8, Blue dotted 17, Black 11, Yellow dotted 20)
Taika
Tanbaru
Narvik (8 damage, 1 Con, Fort Save DC 15 vs poison or 1d3 ⇒ 1 more Con damage)
Artoria (44 damage)
Hagrym (24 damage)
Elise

Party is up. Take 'em out!

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

"Narvik! Can you step back next to Hagrym-- I don't want to accidentally catch you in my spell!" Taika calls.

Readying for when (or if) Narvik moves to cast Glitterdust as shown in the yellow shape on the map. Will save DC 20 vs blind

Tanbaru shifts helplessly in mid-air. "Mistress, they did not succumb to sleep. What do you wish me to do?"

"Just fly back to me for now, avoid the snakes," Taika says. "It isn't your fault."

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

Assuming Narvik moves like asked Elise will fire off another Sound Burst on the same three as Taika..

SR: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Dam: 1d8 ⇒ 5 again DC 21 Fort or be stunned 1 round.

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Damn.

Narvik tries Death's Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 again. Failing, he steps back as requested.

Meh, someone move me please, I'm just messing up the map.

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

(Sorry, your map troubles were probably my fault. Drawings does poorly with things atop other things, so you were likely trying to select yourself and hitting my glitterdust shape instead, because I forgot to lower it a layer's worth. Moved you.)

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' (Need to level up) Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Fort v poison 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 3 = 20

Enlarged Hagrym again swings his greatsword at the serpent attacking it, after activating a destructive Smite from his Rage domain to combine with his destruction judgment.

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage 2d8 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7, 8) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 27

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Lay on Hands: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Artoria grunts as she takes more hits, her discipline not allowing more. She heals herself once again and then continues her assault upon the same snake, keeping her blows measured as to keep her weak points protected.

Attack with Mwk Cold Iron Longsword vs Blue(power attack+furious focus, guidance, fight defensively): 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 - 4 = 23
Damage (2hpa): 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 6 = 17


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Narvik feels the poison wear down his health. He grunts and his hand misses the snake again. He steps back when Taika shouts.

Right on queue, she snaps her fingers and a cloud of misty particles fall upon all four snakes.
Blue's Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Yellow's Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Black's Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
One of the snakes writhes away and protects its eyes. The other two aren't so lucky.

Elise follows up with another cacophonous command.
Blue's Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Yellow's Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Black's Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
This time, only the blinded black-tinted snake is able to maintain its composure.

With many of the snakes disabled, Hagrym and Artoria have much better luck. Artoria maintains her defenses while hitting the blue snake, while the blind and stunned black snake stumbles into Hagrym's huge blade.

Red vs Artoria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Yellow vs Narvik: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Concealment (under 50 is a miss): 1d100 ⇒ 22

The red and yellow-tinted snakes bites at Artoria and Narvik, failing miserably.
The blue and black snakes don't have much fight left in them.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Black's Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Yellow's Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
The black-tinted snake seems to shake off the dust particles, but it's too stunned to really react.

Round 3
Vipers (Red solid 8, Blue dotted 37 stunned, Black 38 stunned, Yellow dotted 25 blind)
Narvik (8 damage, 2 Con (2 rounds), Fort Save DC 15 vs poison or 1d3 ⇒ 2 more Con damage)
Taika
Tanbaru
Artoria (38 damage)
Hagrym (24 damage)
Vipers are no longer stunned
Elise

You've almost got 2 of em.

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

Elise moves up and hits red, blue, and black with Burning Hands, DC 20 for 1/2..

Cast Deff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 vs DC 17
Fire Dam: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 4, 4) = 17

"And so fire turns you to ash!"

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

Fort: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 1 = 12 Hmm, I thought Narvik was hardier than this.

The half-orc suffers more from the poison than even he would have anticipated. He'll try to stay in the fight, however.

vs Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for Negative Energy: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for Negative Energy: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

2 HP/bleed due to Bleeding Wounds.

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

Taika approaches the battle somewhat circumspectly. "You look to be suffering, Narvik, I am sorry I can do little about it just now..."

The elf suddenly goes stiff and rigid, and her blue eyes darken to pits of starry void. In a deeper voice than her usual speaking, she calls out:

"I perceive one of the snakes has an old scar that pains it on its side. Strike there. That one."

Taika points, while Tanbaru hovers protectively in front of his mistress, like a strange face-shaped shield.

I'll use Reveal Weakness on Black (if it's still up after Elise' burning hands). -3 to its AC and saves for one round.

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' (Need to level up) Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Enlarged Hagrym again swings his greatsword at the serpent attacking him, after activating a destructive Smite from his Rage domain to combine with his destruction judgment.

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage 2d8 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 22


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Narvik has no problem finding a critical weakpoint to inflict a deep wound on the yellow snake. Hagrym simply cleaves the black viper in twain.

Elise gets close and tries to apply flame...
Spell Resistance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Red's Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Blue's Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
And reduces the Blue snake to a crisp. The Red snake swerves away from her hands and avoids most of the flame.

Taika considers analyzing the black snake's weakpoint when she realizes Hagrym found it already.


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Round 3
Vipers (Red solid 16, Yellow dotted 37 blind bleed 2)
Narvik (8 damage, 4 Con (3 rounds), Fort Save DC 15 vs poison or 1d3 more Con damage)
Artoria (38 damage)
Hagrym (24 damage)
Elise
Taika
Tanbaru

Yellow is almost down.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

With the field now thinned, Artoria adjusts into a more aggressive stance. She steps forward into a flank with Elise and brings down a furious swing on the snake.

Attack with Mwk Cold Iron Longsword vs Red (flank, power attack+furious focus, guidance): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 24
Damage (2hpa): 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 = 13

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

"The golden serpent shall perish. Its injuries slow it. Destroy it," Taika intones in that surprisingly deep voice.

Reveal weakness on yellow, -3 to AC/saves


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Artoria slices into the Red Viper, although she knows it resisted some of her blow. Taika finds an old scar on Yellow's underbelly and tells the party where to aim.

Even is Artoria, Odd is Elise: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Red vs Artoria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Bleeding and wounded severely, the yellow viper disengages and tries to climb down the mountainside. Still blind, it manages to guess which direction down is and slithers away.
Acrobatics vs Narvik's CMD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Round 4
Vipers (Red solid 24, Yellow dotted -3 AC 39 blind bleed 2)
Narvik (8 damage, 4 Con (3 rounds), Fort Save DC 15 vs poison or 1d3 ⇒ 2 more Con damage)
Artoria (38 damage)
Hagrym (24 damage)
Elise
Taika
Tanbaru

Party is up. The Yellow snake is running away.

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

"It looks to be bleeding! Focus on the red one!"

She bashes at the snake with her mace.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25
Dam: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' (Need to level up) Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Enlarged Hagrym again swings his greatsword at the red serpent attacking the group

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage 2d8 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 8) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 21


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Elise's mace fails to injure the snake, but Hagrym slices right into the snake, leaving it bleeding and dying out.

Combat is over unless you want to chase the yellow snake. It will fall unconscious next round and fall down the cliff if you do nothing.

Narvik is glad to hear about it, but the poison ravages through his system.
I need 2 consecutive DC 15 Fort Saves to wear off the poison. Here's the Con damage you take each round:
Round 4: Con Damage: 2 = 2
Round 5: Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Round 6: Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Man I am not rolling well for you here.

Damage total: Narvik (8 damage, 4 Con (3 rounds)), Artoria (38 damage), Hagrym (24 damage)

Scarab Sages

LG elf wizard 7 - HP 51/51 [+16 temp hp]- AC 14 / t10 / f14 - F+6, R+4, W+8 (+3 vs spells and SLAs) - Init +4 Per +6

(On phone) rushing my antiplague to Narvik immediately

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' (Need to level up) Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

Hagrym lets the fleeing snake go. He thought maybe it would violate an edict, so he calmed his rage and let it scurry away. He begins looking for healing. He pulled his wand of CLW and went to work patching his wounds.

Clw 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3, 8, 5) + 4 = 25

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

My apartment complex seemed to have a serious internet outage over the last couple of days, sorry for not keeping up as well as I'd like.

I do possess antitoxin, so I can take that before rolling these Fort saves, right? If so,

Fort: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 + 5 = 25
Fort: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 2 + 5 = 16

[ooc]I will cast Lesser Restoration to regain the damage.

Con Restored: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I had 9 HP of False Life, I'm down to 1 now.

Hopefully that'll take care of that.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 14 FF 17 | Current HP 36/56| F +11 R +6 W +11 (+2 vs death, paralysis, sleep) (+1 vs poison) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +0| Perc +0 (+3 in shadows or darkness) Human
Spells Per Day Remaining:
Oracle: (1--4/4) Paladin: (1--2/2)
Spells Active:
Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Artoria heals herself back up to full using her wand.

"A worthy warm up before more challenging battle."


| 8-02 Ward Asunder (Table A) (Table B) | Sign Up Sheet|

Narvik feels the poison wearing off as his body and the antivenom fight off what's left of it. (A total of 6 Con damage over 4 rounds.) He then uses some magic to recover the wear and tear on his health.
Narvik is 1 Con down and has 1 HP of False Life remaining.

Hagrym and Artotia heal their wounds.

"Well, let's see..." Tanbaru muses. "Once we enter the courtyard, we can go North to the Altar Room, or West to the Dormitory. Oh! And the Eastern stairs leads to the Meditation Room."

"Which way shall we go next?"

Grand Lodge

F+9, R+5, W+10 (+5 v. spells and SLAs)(+3 v. poison) ; Init. +5; Percptn +12; Sense Motive +15; Move 20' (Need to level up) Inquisitor (Gorum) 6; AC 20/12/19; CMD 19 (23 v. Bull rush or trips); HP 51/51

"I think I could use some meditation after fighting those vipers! Who is with me," Hagrym laughs when the group was ready to proceed.

Dark Archive

Usable:
Channel Energy 2/2, Firebolt(7/10)
HP 66/66 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 24 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +4 | Will +13 | Init +5 | Perc +15
Active Effects:
SoF(7m), Resist Fire(14m)

Everyone's hp is good?

"Hopefully the next enemies if any won't be so close to sacred, non-burnable buildings.."

Scarab Sages

Male Half Orc Oracle of Bones [6.0] | HP 49/49 | AC 25 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +6 CMD 18 (19 vs grapple) | F +6 R +5 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +3 (darkvision) | SM +6 | Heal +11 | Intim +10

Mediation, sure. You are not sure if Narvik got the joke.

51 to 100 of 196 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius's Gameday VI: 8-02 Ward Asunder All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.