Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Bret's PBP GD VI: Masks of the Living God

Game Master BretI


551 to 600 of 836 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

GM:

If it is a common deity, take 10 for 10, on kn. Religion was an option, afaik.

So Thomas will see if he's heard enough to know whose symbol this is.

He also indulges in a pear and stacks an apple and a small piece of cheese in his shirt, before closing the cabinet again.

Maybe this quality is for the head honcho.

Time is short, i'll continue this post later.

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

im on my phone snd cant move token...put me in front if the double doors on the left, right in front of the bottom door....dorry im late....feeling run down...

Shayna groans as she realizes she's about to do combat. She realizes the flail hits the hardest, but her current state would make it very hard to use effectively. Something light would be best.

sense: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31(19N) | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Shayna automatically gets the message because she's the intended target.

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

Fixed that for you.
Go team...as far as that applies currently. :D
Just don't let the mooks win, alright?

GM, post resume:

If there was chicken or edible sausages, Thomas takes a tiny piece, for later purposes.

If the recruiter cultists wore the same holy symbols in sight, Thomas considers sabotage.

Thus, if the symbols are made of wood, he empties the box in the smoldering hearth, in hopes of them smoldering enough to burn the symbols, thereby hopefully leaving them useless.

If they are made of metal, he has no way to do so, and will leave them be.

Trying to leave the scene further as undisturbed as possible, and putting things back in order, Thomas will sneak back to area T11.

I have been fortunate for now, but i'd better not risk too much.
I reckon the majority of weirdoes is above. Daikitsu has seen me fit to live longer than the snake pit, and i've got to make the best of things.

Sneaking: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Once there, he decides to wait until his gut says the day would be mostly over.

In effect, if things get crowded again, and people would resign to their bunks, Thomas will take his chances to do some more exploring, and hopefully finding clothes.
What roll, if any, would you want for this?

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31(19N) | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Having spoken to Shayna, and confident she's heard him, Krik turns to Vlazis. "Nothing personal, V. I don't wanna hit you!"

Bluff take ten for 17

Vlazis:
"I want to hit them, and make it look like an accident! Pass it on."

DC17 to know there's a message. DC22 to understand, if you're not Vlazis.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31(19N) | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Tactics, first round:
Find a rock on the ground near me, then pick it up. If I don't have to actually move to get it, position myself (ideally) so that there's an "ally" between me and Blackrobe. Even better if they don't provide cover but I can still bluff that I'm aiming at them. Then I will shout to Fran.

"I don't know about you, Fran, but I always thought that fortune favored the prepared!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Fran:
Fortune hex? I won't use it against any of us. Trust me.

DC25 to know there was a message. DC30 to know the specifics. (Unless, as always, you're Fran.)


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Thomas:

There are a number of the symbols used in Avistan -- Abadar, Erastil, Desna and others that you don't recognize. None of them are Razmir holy symbols.

You grab a pear, an apple, a slice of good cheese and some sausage from the cabinet before closing it. You steal a small sack to hold your ill-gotten snack. Hopefully they will not notice!

You wait as you hear a door open and close. Listening carefully, after a short time another door opens and closes. You wait a few moments later, then check the hallway. Seeing it clear, you sneak down to the door and slip through it.

Do you leave the door rigged so it doesn't lock?

Do you do any more exploring of the area past the door into T11?

Are you going to let the others know you are alive?

As for the hallway, you can easily check every hour or so to see if the activity level has gone down in the hallway. If you want to try again, just tell me you are waiting until there has been no activity in the hall for a reasonable amount of time and how long it has to stay silent.

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

GM:

Keeping the door rigged would be best, yes.

Thomas isn't going to do more exploring towards the other room for the time being.

Dropping hints... come to think of it..
Thomas takes his dagger and slices off 2 bits part of the sausage.

He attempts to carve This icon in them, in hopes Kitty finds it by smell, or one of the others might be alert enough to notice it, and get the hint. Dropping it near the carpet marked by green ovals.
Craft icon: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Must be a cool looking slice of sausage. :)

Take 10 for 19, to make it look inconspicuous with stealth?

Every hour a quick check is fine.

Perhaps people fall asleep after eating, too? I recall oba-san's snoozing after a hefty meal.

At the 1st 2 checkups, Thomas will check the dining room's door the 1st time, to check for snoring.

Take 10 for 16 on the perception, ear against the door.

GM, would a single low rank cultist/initiate missing, be cause for an alarm?

Since if it doesn't, i was considering i try CDG a lone sleeping cultist, nick his robes, and dump him into the snake pit.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

GM:

Or, if you'd like, Thomas risk it by using invisibility to SA the guy while he's eating, sneaking in via the kitchen door?

Dark Archive

HP: 14/14 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +2, W +4 l L1: 2/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +4, Kn. Arcana/Local +8, Kn. Nature +7, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Female Half-Elf Witch (Dimensional Occultist) 2 l Active Condtions: Mage Armor

"Um...o-okay..." Fran responds, not liking the tone of the black robe's laugh. She sighs, trying to mentally prepare herself to try and take a swing at someone with her sap...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

...until she hears Krik call out to Vlazis and this time there's no mistake, no uncertainty - she knows that he's definitely got a plan in mind to turn the tables on the masked priests.

I just hope he knows what he's doing...there's a lot of them and so few of us. Oh, I wish kitty were out here right now!

When Krik casually calls out to her, she nods nervously and tries to put on a brave face. "I...I think it does. I guess we'll find out, right?"

GM:

When her turn comes up in initiative, Fran will use her Fortune hex on Kriklishik!

Also, I forgot to ask earlier but the bit about keeping Mr. Sunshine out of sight - does that apply anytime she's not in the barracks like the rule about the masks or does it just apply were the group to be taken outside and into the city?


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Fran:
It is only necessary to keep Mr. Sunshine out of sight when you are outside the temple, but fat in black want you to treat the afternoon training as if you were doing it out in public.

Dark Archive

HP: 14/14 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +2, W +4 l L1: 2/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +4, Kn. Arcana/Local +8, Kn. Nature +7, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Female Half-Elf Witch (Dimensional Occultist) 2 l Active Condtions: Mage Armor

GM:

Understood! So Mr. Sunshine will currently be in their little shared barracks for right now.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Retcon for Vlazis:

In addition to the other things the acolytes talked about, they mention the beating several of them got for stealing food. There is speculation about who really did it, but no one is sure. They do mention that they were warning if it happens again, either the guilty is turned over or all the acolytes will be whipped.

Based on their comments, the investigation done by the black robes was almost non-existent. When looking for someone to blame, as far as the black robes are concerned the acolytes are always the first and often only suspect.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Thomas decides to lay low for a while. After removing the block he put on the locked door to the main compound, he goes back through the secret door and rests there.

The next day, he hears when the rest of the group are taken past his position and into the main compound. Throughout the day, he monitors traffic past the door to get an idea of when people are active. Just as he is sure no one is moving, he goes out into the hallway only to be surprised by a very tired Shayna. She was returning from her time attempting to copy script.

Shayna has him go back into hiding until she can get him a robe and mask.

During the next day, Elvar gets beaten very badly for failing to clean up a permanent stain on the floor. Vlazis sounds him out and tells the others he thinks Elvar badly wants out now.

Over the day the group manages to come up with a plan. They will have Thomas sneak Elvar away and then take his place. Since Elvar was also having problems with the copying, they decide to have him snuck out after Elvar and whomever leave there. There is much less traffic through the main parts of the Temple and Thomas is supposed to be good at sneaking, right?

Thomas does manage to get Elvar out, sneaking him over the wall, but it was very close. Elvar is told to go to the Forest Bounty and tell Reginar everything he knows. They suggest that Reginar can help him.

Thomas takes the mask and robe that Elvar was using and sneaks back down to the barracks.

The next day, he is tired (Fatigued condition) when the group is awoken.

Thomas:
Do you leave the lock on the secret door jammed open?


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

I still need first round Actions from Shayna, Thomas, and I expect that with the retcon Vlazis may want to change his actions.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Osiriani) Herald Caller of Dispater 2 (Cleric) | HP 15/15 | AC 13, T 10, FF 13 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +2 | Channels Remaining: 8/8

Eh, Vlazis is okay with what was posted, but I'll add one thing...

Round 1:
Vlazis will go ahead and take a dive if anyone connects. Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

GM:

Yes about the lock.

Thomas was feeling optimistic.
Not only did he see his comrades again, but he finally had space to move around again without much risk.

Of course, he told them about the snake pit's location and its rather big resident.

Present day:

*YAWN*, (groggy eyes)

"Huh...time already?"
Thomas has to blink several times over before his sight comes to focus.

But now at the fight, Thomas hears the strange lines coming from Kriklishik.
Sense motive 1: 1d20 ⇒ 20
I expected something below 7.
Sense motive 2: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Like that.
Sense motive 3: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Only at the 1st does Thomas think something's up, but the meaning eludes him.

Round 1 actions:

Not wanting to take things spear point, Thomas readies a swing for the 1st to come close.

Sap, fatigued: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Nl, SA: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3) = 7

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

Shayna sighs as she raises her sap.

actions:
She moves over to her left and swings at Fran. sap: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d4 ⇒ 1 not sure if fatigyed still applies...if so add that in

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31(19N) | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

I should clarify that the calling out to Fran was intended to happen *after/during* my first turn. I put it in that order, but I didn't explicitly say that. (Makes a difference.)


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

The fat man in black lowers his club indicating the fight is to begin!

Sense Motive, Fat in Black: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Sense Motive, Grey Robe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Both Black and Grey are suspicious that something is going on,

Initiative:

Fat in Black: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Grey Robe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Guard 1 on Walls: 1d20 ⇒ 8 All guards will go at lowest Init, hopefully they will not be called in.
Guard 2 on Walls: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Guard 3 on Walls: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Guard 4 on Walls: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Guard 5 on Walls: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Fran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Mr. Sunshine: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Forgot to remove before rolling...
Kriklishik: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Ramon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Shayna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Thomas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Vlazis: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Kriklishik
Shayna
Fran
Ramon
Vlazis
Fat in Black
Thomas
Guards on Walls (not active yet)
Grey


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

While all the discussion is happening, Kriklishik picks up a rock. No one seems to complain.

Kriklishik calls out to Fran “I don't know about you, Fran, but I always thought that fortune favored the prepared!

I don’t see a better position to move Kriklishik to.

Shayna moves over and hits Fran! The blow is so weak it doesn’t do anything.

Fran uses her magic to give Kriklishik some luck.

Acolyte Razor psyches themselves up and hold their sap.

Vlazis moves over to Thomas and takes his swing. He only hits because Thomas wasn’t ready for it!
Take 1 NL

Fat in black yells “What?!? Don’t any of you want a real weapon!
He goes into Delay.

Thomas swings back at Vlazis and hits!
3 NL

The guards on the wall cheer on Vlazis and Thomas.

Grey just watches.
Sitting, but in Delay.


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Round 2

Kriklishik Fortune hex!
If the rest of you can post in spoilers, that will help keep things going.
Shayna
Fran
Ramon
Vlazis 3 NL
Fat in Black (in Delay)
Thomas 1 NL
Guards on Walls (not active yet)
Grey (sitting, in delay)

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

Round 2:

Thomas smiles with mischief, and disappears from sight before Vlazis' very eyes.

1 ki point for invisibility for 2 rounds.

Acro, jump towards flail: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
And he makes an instant leap into the flail's square.

A ninja with at least 1 ki point can make acrobatic jumps as though he had a running start.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Botting Kriklishik

Kriklishik's flesh turns even more red than normal.

He then throws the rock he had picked up at 'Fran', but instead it bounces off the guard directly above her. It appears they are wearing some armor under those robes.

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Attack, Rock, non proficient, range: 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 - 4 = 9
Attack, Rock, non proficient, range: 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 4 - 4 = 13

Damage, rock: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Fat Black Robe yells at Kriklishik "Watch it with the rocks or I will come out there and beat you to a pulp!" as he brandishes his club. He looks eager to do so.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

The Grey robe looks over at Fat in Black beside him and says "Remember how Iramine punished you last time for killing a recruit. I doubt that Egarthis would go light on you."

Speaking is a free action that can be done out of turn.

---

Round 2
Kriklishik Threw a rock, demoralized -- Shaken for 4 rounds.
Fat in Black (Intimidating)
Shayna
Those below who haven't already can post in spoilers action to help speed this along
Fran
Ramon
Vlazis 3 NL
Thomas 1 NL instructions
Guards on Walls (not active yet)
Grey (sitting, in delay)

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 21/12FF/19T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 3/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

Ramon, Round 2:

Beneath the mask Ramon gets a dangerous glint to their eyes!

"MINE EYES SEE, RAZMIR! THOU HAST GIVEN US an INCOMPETENT TEACHER to TEST our FAITH in THINE WILL! WE WILL NOT WAVER UNDER SUCH CONSTANT REMINDERS OF FAILURE, MIGHTY RAZMIR! OUR FAITH REMAINS STRONG, MILORD!" Ramon bellows to the heavens!

Bluff/Intimidate(Goad Black to Attack): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Remainder of Round: Full Defense in the event Black loses it.

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

Shayna tries to smack Fran again.

sap: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d4 ⇒ 3

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

If flipping him the finger, verbally like this, isn't going to piss him off bigtime, i don't know what does.
:)


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Shayna, sap should be +1 hit, d6-1 NL damage for you, including the penalties for Fatigued. I’ll leave the damage since it is the same average but please adjust it for next time,

Fran gets hit by Shayna again! This time it hurt!

Round 2
Kriklishik Threw a rock, demoralized -- Shaken for 4 rounds.
Fat in Black (Intimidating)
Shayna (Hit!)
Fran 3 NL
Ramon action
Vlazis 3 NL
Thomas 1 NL action
Guards on Walls (not active yet)
Grey (sitting, in delay)

Dark Archive

Male Human (Osiriani) Herald Caller of Dispater 2 (Cleric) | HP 15/15 | AC 13, T 10, FF 13 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +2 | Channels Remaining: 8/8

Round 2:
Egarthis and Iramine, eh?
Vlazis will continue to swing vaguely at Thomas Sap: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (14) - 5 = 9
damage: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Come brother, it is unfair to involve our superior in this bout. Clearly fitness is not one of the duties he owes to our Lord

Bluff to goad: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

Ok....forgot to add the fatigue in...and thought sap was d4...never use them...

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31(19N) | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Perfect. :D

Dark Archive

HP: 14/14 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +2, W +4 l L1: 2/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +4, Kn. Arcana/Local +8, Kn. Nature +7, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Female Half-Elf Witch (Dimensional Occultist) 2 l Active Condtions: Mage Armor

Round 2:

Fran yelps in pain as Shayna hits her again and this time actually makes it hurt! She's still not entirely sure of what Krik is up to but decides to keep playing along for now and attempts to swing back at Shayna.

Sap vs. Shayne (Non-Proficient): 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
Damage (Non-Lethal): 1d6 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31(19N) | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Round 2:
"Sorry! Sorry!"

Kriklishik will select another pebble from at his feet, facing away from Fat Black. While inverted, he'll hurl the rock at Fat Black, then fall on his face. (Falling prone is a free action, and I'm willing to take some NL from the faceplant.) The goal is to look like he's so tired that he tried to pick up the rock, fell hard, and threw the rock as he fell.

Thrown Rock, PS, PBS wrote:

To Hit Fat Blackrobe: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 - 4 - 4 + 1 = 1

Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wow...Bummer. But at that rate, he might not even realize it was meant for him!

"Aah! Sorry! It slipped!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23 (-2 shaken)

Abbreviations:
PBS - Point Blank Shot
PS - Precise Shot
BI - Burning Infusion
ERI - Extended Range Infusion
BL - Bless


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Fran yelps in pain as Shayna hits her again and this time actually makes it hurt! She's still not entirely sure of what Krik is up to but decides to keep playing along for now and attempts to swing back at Shayna.

Unfortunately, she completely misses Shayna.

A couple of the guards above comment on her swing. "My Grandmother could do it better than you!" "Is she even trying?"

Beneath the mask Ramon gets a dangerous glint to their eyes!

"MINE EYES SEE, RAZMIR! THOU HAST GIVEN US an INCOMPETENT TEACHER to TEST our FAITH in THINE WILL! WE WILL NOT WAVER UNDER SUCH CONSTANT REMINDERS OF FAILURE, MIGHTY RAZMIR! OUR FAITH REMAINS STRONG, MILORD!" Ramon bellows to the heavens!

Bluff/Intimidate(Goad Black to Attack): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

That would normally be a standard action, in which case you can't take Full Defense.

The fat man in black is obviously angered by the comment.

Vlazis continues to swing vaguely at Thomas, but misses.

Once again, it would be a standard action. I will allow you to use that roll for the goad next round if you want.

"Come brother, it is unfair to involve our superior in this bout. Clearly fitness is not one of the duties he owes to our Lord!"

The priest in grey face palms over his mask, shaking his head in disbelief.

Although none can see it because of the mask, Thomas smiles with mischief. He then disappears from sight before Vlazis' very eyes.

The grey robed priest points to where Thomas was and comments "Were you aware that one could do that? We need him for collecting donations!"

The fat man in black ignores the priest in grey.

The guards at the top of the wall ready their light crossbows and one of them announces "We shoot at the next one who comes anywhere near to hitting one of us!"

Grey continues to delay.

Round 3

Kriklishik Shaken for 3 more rounds.
Fat in Black (Intimidating)
Shayna (Hit!)
Fran 3 NL
Ramon action
Vlazis 3 NL
Thomas 1 NL (invisible)
Guards on Walls (ready to shoot)
Grey (sitting, in delay)

Once again, people not in bold can post their actions in advance under a spoiler.

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31(19N) | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Round 2 spoiler above should've been round 3.

linky


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

"Sorry! Sorry!"

Kriklishik will select another pebble from at his feet, facing away from Fat Black. While inverted, he'll hurl the rock at Fat Black, then fall on his face.

He must be so tired, he can't balance properly!

Sense Motive DC:
23+1 for believability = 24

If make Sense Motive:
He is totally faking it!

I'm not going to inflict NL from the faceplant.

Thrown Rock, PS, PBS wrote:
To Hit Fat Blackrobe: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 - 4 - 4 + 1 = 1
Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The pebble didn't go more than 10', skipping along the ground.

"Aah! Sorry! It slipped!"

The Fat Man in black looks around, hefting his club. He is obviously still angry about how things are going. "Come on and spill some blood!"

Delay again

Round 3

Kriklishik Shaken for 3 more rounds and a terrible shot with rocks.
Fat in Black (angrily delaying)
Shayna
Fran 3 NL
Ramon action
Vlazis 3 NL
Thomas 1 NL (invisible)
Guards on Walls (ready to shoot)
Grey (sitting, in delay)

Once again, people not in bold can post their actions in advance under a spoiler.

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31(19N) | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

He really is a pretty terrible shot lol

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 21/12FF/19T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 3/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

Round 3(Ramon Gonna Die!):

The undine sighs and looks at the field of opponents while trying to determine which one to go after. Their hands waggle in the black-robed person's location, as if the fellow is not worth their time by the word of Razmir Himself.

Create Water, 4 gallons, on Black Robe's midsection, about five inches below rope or belt.

"Thank you for your blessing, Milord!" is intoned.

"GET UP! FIGHT. WE CAN'T ALL BE FAT AND LAZY!" they bellow at Krik.

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

Round 3:

Assuming nobody picks up the flail before Thomas does...

Thomas drops the sap, and picks up the flail.

It'd go invisible too, right?
He then makes a leap back towards Vlazis.
Acro: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Ending 2 squares into whatever direction that would be to get near him.

If Thomas ends up adjacent, then Vlazis walks past me..or casts a spell..
AoO, fatigue, non proficient, from invisibility: 1d20 + 3 - 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 - 4 + 2 = 13 Dmg, sneak attack: 1d10 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + (5) = 13

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

Shayna keeps uo her (pathetic) assault on Fran
sap: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

Shayna hits!

Round 3

Kriklishik Shaken for 3 more rounds and a terrible shot with rocks.
Fat in Black (angrily delaying)
Shayna
Fran 8 NL
Ramon Action
Vlazis 3 NL
Thomas 1 NL (invisible) action
Guards on Walls (ready to shoot)
Grey (sitting, in delay)

Dark Archive

HP: 14/14 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +2, W +4 l L1: 2/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +4, Kn. Arcana/Local +8, Kn. Nature +7, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Female Half-Elf Witch (Dimensional Occultist) 2 l Active Condtions: Mage Armor

Round 3:

"Oh gosh, I'm trying but I'm better at keeping it in than spilling it!" Fran calls out to the Fat Man as she tries again to smack Shayna.

Sap vs. Shayna: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9
Damage (Non-Lethal): 1d6 ⇒ 5


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

"Oh gosh, I'm trying but I'm better at keeping it in than spilling it!" Fran calls out to the Fat Man as she tries again to smack Shayna. She misses.

The undine sighs and looks at the field of opponents while trying to determine which one to go after. Their hands waggle in the black-robed person's location, as if the fellow is not worth their time by the word of Razmir Himself.

Spellcraft, DC 15:
Create Water

At that point, water gushes over the lower part of Fat in Black’s robe — starting from about 5 inches below the belt..

"Thank you for your blessing, Milord!" is intoned.

"GET UP! FIGHT. WE CAN'T ALL BE FAT AND LAZY!" they bellow at Krik.

Fat in Black comes out of Delay

With a roar, Fat in Black shouts “You lose!” and moves up to Ramon.

Thomas, you can take an AoO against either Ramon or Fat in Black

Then he swings his club at Acolyte Razor.

Greatclub, Raging, Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 2 = 15
Lethal Damage, Greatclub, Raging, Power Attack: 1d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 = 18

Does Ramon want to take a dive?

Round 3

Kriklishik Shaken for 3 more rounds
Shayna
Fran 8 NL
Ramon -18
Fat in Black Raging and swinging at Ramon
Vlazis 3 NL
Thomas 1 NL (invisible)
Guards on Walls (ready to shoot)
Grey (sitting, in delay)

I will give Thomas a chance to decide if he uses his AoO and Ramon to decide if he is going to take a dive.

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

Thomas won't use an aoo.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Osiriani) Herald Caller of Dispater 2 (Cleric) | HP 15/15 | AC 13, T 10, FF 13 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +2 | Channels Remaining: 8/8

Assuming a dive and/or Ramon actually getting kayoed:
Vlazis seizes the opportunity. Glories to come, you may have killed him! Turning to the other Razmirans he continues, This cannot be what the Great One wills. Where is Egarthis?
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 21/12FF/19T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 3/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

Ramon's reaction to getting whacked:

Ramon gets walloped with the massive weapon and goes flying into a heap on the ground, seemingly unmoving to most eyes...

Bluff(Play Dead-ish): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Takin' th' Dive, sorry for the delay


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

DCs For Heal or Sense Motive check to know Ray’s condition:
Sense Motive 19
Heal 15 with penalties for distance as per Perception skill.

Ray’s Condition:
He is badly hurt, but he doesn’t appear to be bleeding. You think he is probably playing possum.

Acolyte Razer flies back when he gets hit, falling into a heap on the ground.

Vlazis calls out “Glories to come, you may have killed him!” Turning to the other Razmirans he continues, “This cannot be what the Great One wills. Where is Egarthis?

Grey comes out of delay.
Sense Motive, Grey: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I’m sure he will find out. I don’t want to be the one who disturbs him for something so minor.

Sense Motive DC:
19

Grey Robe’s motives:
Bluff, hard to read with that mask on: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
You think it is fear rather than laziness that makes him not want to immediately inform Egarthis — whoever that is.

As he says that he stands and moves over to Acolyte Razor’s body.

Suddenly the flail lifts off the floor and hovers there for a moment.

Thomas:
No, only items you have at the time you go invisible are invisible. You can hide it in your robes if you want it to disappear though.

Invisibility Spell, CRB pg. 302 wrote:
Items dropped or put down by an invisible creature become visible; items picked up disappear if tucked into the clothing or pouches worn by the creature.

Do you:

* want to drop the flail when you realize this and just use the sap
* still carry out your action as planned with the flail

Round 3

Kriklishik Shaken for 3 more rounds
Shayna
Fran 8 NL
Ramon -18
Fat in Black Raging and swinging at Ramon
Vlazis 3 NL
Grey
Thomas 1 NL (invisible)
Guards on Walls (ready to shoot)
Grey

Sorry, need to await an answer on something from Thomas.

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16(13)/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

GM:

Two move actions i reckon.

Pick up the flail, then hide the flail.


Masks of the Living Gods | Temple Locations

The flail suddenly disappears!

Thomas:
Yes, two move actions. You can still 5’ step if you want.

Round 4

Kriklishik Shaken for 2 more rounds
Shayna
Fran 8 NL
Ramon -18, on the ground
Fat in Black Raging and swung at Ramon
Vlazis 3 NL
Grey
Thomas 1 NL (invisible)
Guards on Walls (ready to shoot)

551 to 600 of 836 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret's PBP GD VI: Masks of the Living God All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.